New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Initiate of Lolth

So there isn't an Initiate of Lolth (at least not one that I could find), so I decided to make one. I based it off of Initiate of Eilistraee.

Initiate of Lolth
    Requirements:
    Cleric or Blackguard, Drow, Patron Diety Lolth

Once per day, you can spend one of the daily uses of your racial spell-like abilities (dancing lights, darkness, or faerie fire) to cast Web as a spell-like ability (caster level equals class level). In addition, you add the following spells to your cleric or Blackguard spell list. 1st--Alibi (Exemplars of Evil) 3rd--Spiderform (Drow of the Underdark) 5th--Shadow Form (Complete Adventurer)

I think this seems relatively balanced, but I also used spells that aren't on the Cleric spell list to so that it opens up some new abilities you wouldn't normally have access to. Also web is a second level spell, whereas magic missle (the original from Initiate of Eilistraee) is a level one, but the final spell for IoE is a 6th level where this is only a fifth, and the spells for IoE are made specially for it, unlike these. And then other than that I thought these spells made sense, subterfuge, sneaking, and spiders are kind of a Lolth worshipping drow kind of thing. But long story short (too late), I'm not sure about balance, which is my main concern with it.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Initiate of Lolth

This looks very balanced. Web is a powerful spell, but the once per day limit keeps this from being to potent. The added spells are also nice.

I'd say the goal of a feat like this is to add some flavor to your Loth worshipper while also adding a little extra variety, and this feat accomplishes both of those goals. Nice job.
    Last edited by Blueiji; 2013-11-09 at 02:53 AM.
    You found the hidden text! Have a cookie.

Thanks to The Stoney One for the awesome avatar!

Spoiler: My homebrew!
    Show
    The Bladebound Martyr!
    Quasi-Elemental Genasi (Plus New Feats and a Subtype)!
    My Extended Signature!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

With permission I will use this in my drow caimpaign.
    Last edited by D20ragon; 2013-11-09 at 08:00 AM.
    Washed up Gm in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenChord View Post
    This seems like a level of crazy-talk only you could accomplish.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Mick View Post
    ... I've played a few games with D20ragon as GM in the past, and I have to vouch for his skill - he's an excellent writer, his world-building is top-notch ... and his games are, while sometimes too ambitious, some of the most fun to be had on these boards.
    avatar by the marvelous asdflove

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Really? Yeah, go for it! It's cool that someone else would like to use something I created. :)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks! Yeah, I try to spread the use of good homebrew.
    Washed up Gm in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenChord View Post
    This seems like a level of crazy-talk only you could accomplish.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Mick View Post
    ... I've played a few games with D20ragon as GM in the past, and I have to vouch for his skill - he's an excellent writer, his world-building is top-notch ... and his games are, while sometimes too ambitious, some of the most fun to be had on these boards.
    avatar by the marvelous asdflove