New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Help finding D&D monster

So, when browsing the internet, I came across a monster from D&D, but I can't remember its name. It basically made dungeons, and spat out goblins and whatnot to populate it. It was a weird snake/dragon/turtle kind of thing. With a spherical body, and snakey limbs coming out of it. Can anyone provide me with the SRD, a wiki page, anything, on this? My friend does not believe it exists, and it relates to an argument we've had.
    Prophet of the D1

Avatar by Darklord Bright. Former avatar's by gurgleflep.

Quote Originally Posted by Otacon17 View Post
    Also, he has skill ranks in "Space Guns" and "Space Swords." When I asked him if he meant things like blasters and lightsabers, he said, "No, they're exactly the same as regular guns and swords in every way. But I'm only good with the space ones. If I had a regular Earth weapon, it just wouldn't feel right."
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatOwl View Post
    Ninjas have given you a Mandolin. Are you man enough to master the Mandolin and get your revenge!?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Help finding D&D monster

It's possible that was just a clever custom-made monster meant to represent the Dungeon Master in most campaigns, but I could be wrong. I'll look through the old AD&D Monstrous Manual I have, though.
    vape naesh

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycemonde View Post
    It's possible that was just a clever custom-made monster meant to represent the Dungeon Master in most campaigns, but I could be wrong. I'll look through the old AD&D Monstrous Manual I have, though.
    I don't believe so. It had fancy 4e or 3.5e style art, with the whole "Kind of a background, but then slowly fades to white on the edges" thing. But who knows, perhaps if it isn't official, someone is just good at mimicking that art style.

Edit: Well, that was fast. I found it, it was a Deepspawn. No need for this thread anymore, it can be closed or ignored or whathaveyou now.
    Last edited by Beige Dragon; 2013-11-10 at 01:03 PM.
    Prophet of the D1

Avatar by Darklord Bright. Former avatar's by gurgleflep.

Quote Originally Posted by Otacon17 View Post
    Also, he has skill ranks in "Space Guns" and "Space Swords." When I asked him if he meant things like blasters and lightsabers, he said, "No, they're exactly the same as regular guns and swords in every way. But I'm only good with the space ones. If I had a regular Earth weapon, it just wouldn't feel right."
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatOwl View Post
    Ninjas have given you a Mandolin. Are you man enough to master the Mandolin and get your revenge!?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of the Deepsawn pg 53 2nd ef monsters manual
    Big Ups to Vrythas for making my Avi!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

That's the deepspawn, yeah. AD&D 2nd edition Monstrous Manual, and for 3rd edition IIRC the Monsters of Faerūn booklet (might have also been in The Shining South, which is 3.5), with a 3.5 update in the appropriate web supplement.