Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Results 1 to 30 of 30
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Philemonite's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default The Undead Scourge

    Spoiler: Table
    Show
    {table=head]Player |Race/Class/Color |Role
    LtPowers |Half-Elf Cleric |Leader
    Gavran |Human Invoker |Controller
    is_Wayside |Kobold Rogue |Striker
    zingbobco000 |Minotuar Paladin |Defender
    theduck |Tiefling Warlock/Paladin |Defender/Striker[/table]



    Sleep doesn't come easy to you, and as you toss and turn you can't stop thinking of the coming battle. Naturally, your greatest concern is your role, what is expected of you and what you can actually accomplish.

    With the first ray of sunshine you are awakened for a quick breakfast and your journey starts. For most of you this is a first time passing through the Amn wilderness, and you are surprised by the lush vegetation, you never imagined it would be full of life. Aside from a minor skirmish with some trolls that have taken over a local keep you encounter no problems and by the time the sun setts you reach the gates of Trademeet. Though the town is smaller than Athkatla it is much better decorated, it is almost as if the entire town is glowing. However, a dark shadow looms over it, and you can see despair and suffering in people's eyes. Walden tells you that you are free until morning, when you will report to Alistair.

    As the morning comes you feel uneasy. Something is in the air, you can almost taste it. As you make your way towards the troops Alistair intercepts you and after a short introduction he warns you that the soldiers are unmotivated and they could use a little morale boost.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    You get to spend the night in Trademeet, be creative with your time.

    Skill challenge.

    5 successes, 3 fails
    Diplomacy, Bluff and Religion as primary skills.
    Last edited by Philemonite; 2013-11-25 at 11:17 AM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

    LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: The Undead Scourge

    Lucian Compas

    Made weary by the still unfamiliar rigors of travel, Lucian bade the group goodnight and split from them upon their arrival in the town. He wandered through the emptying streets, watching the people pack up their lives in preparation for the night ahead. Spotting a merchant's apprentice tidying up a storefront, Lucian stopped to purchase directions to the temple of his missing goddess. He set out purposefully toward it, making no other stops on his way. Swept up in the familiar air of the temple, he delayed his rest a while longer, introducing himself to the clergy and making a few inquiries about the state of the town. Too quickly, the need for sleep claimed him, so he made a small donation in exchange for a place to slumber, and shortly afterwards let consciousness slip away.

    Waking from a fitful sleep a couple of hours before the dawn, Lucian spends the early morning cleaning and polishing his equipment to a shine worthy of the opportunity he has been given. After finishing, he dons his armor and heads out to begin the day where he finds Alistair and the others and is told of the soldiers' poor spirits.

    Nodding thoughtfully, Lucian speaks "These men who face battle must live difficult lives. It is a sad consequence that they may at times lose sight of what they are fighting for. I will pray to the good gods of home, fortune, and battle for them. No man has room for uncertainty when he is filled with the blessings of the divine."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Religion: (1d20+6)[11]

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    theduck's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Undead Scourge

    Cid

    Cid gives Alistair a small bow. I fear you are right. These men, they have no passion, their courage has failed them.

    Turning, Cid saunters in front of the troops, making eye contact with any soldier that will meet his, and calling out in a loud, accented voice.

    Defender's of Trademeet, do not dispair. Though our foes are innumerable, and they rotten and smell, we do not fight alone.

    Stopping, Cid turns towards the troops, throws back his cloak and draws his sword, holding it high about his head.

    [COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]Nor do we fight in vain, for the God's are with us the day![/COLOR]

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20)[18]+10, diplomacy

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: The Undead Scourge

    Lucian Compas

    Lucian observes the tiefling's speech as he grimly packs away the various symbols and icons used in his prayers.

    At least his words seem to have an effect... my offering to the gods must not have been enticing enough to earn their assistance here. Still... perhaps there's more I can do.

    He rises to his feet and strides purposefully toward Alistair.

    "Alistair! Might I have a word?" Closing the distance between them, he glances at the soldiers and lowers his voice. "Tell me, who commands these men? Is there any way you could arrange for me to meet with him?"

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: The Undead Scourge

    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't forget that allies within 10 squares of Adrie get a +1 bonus to Diplomacy and Insight! (And Inititative, for that matter.)


    Adrie immediately senses a city in need, and who better to cure what ails a despairing city than a Lliiran priest? The awkwardness of her encounter with the Order of the Radiant Heart forgotten, she now can feel herself called to this place.

    One evening, of course, would not be enough time to organize and conduct a proper revel. She would have to start small. Find an inn or a tavern where there was some base level of energy among the patrons that could be sparked into a rousing celebration. Find some morsel of good news in this depressed community to build on.

    There had to be one. That was one of the basic precepts of Lliiran faith -- there's always a reason for a party.

    She of course invites her group -- and in fact, anyone traveling with Walden -- to join in the origination of this fest, or, if not that, then at least to join in the fest itself.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, ever see The Music Man? Hill comes into River City and asks Marcellus for the latest gossip. He finds out there's a local bar that just put in a pool table, and Hill seizes on that minor detail. He works the townspeople into a panic over the evil Pool Hall out to corrupt their children. Adrie is doing exactly that, but with the opposite intent -- she wants to inspire them to joy, not fear.

    Various checks to implement this plan:

    Perception (to keep an eye out for trouble and anything that might help or hinder her plan): (1d20+5)[18]
    Streetwise (to locate appropriate venues): (1d20+3)[9]
    Insight (to find a group of citizens who could be inspired into a real party): (1d20+12)[31]
    Diplomacy (to inspire a real party): (1d20+10)[27]



    In the morning, exhausted but exhilarated, Adrie takes Alistair's suggestion to heart. She immediately grabs his arm and drags him (and the others in her group) with her to glad-hand as many of the troops as they can find. She emphasizes the righteous nature of their task and the moral and spiritual rewards of undertaking their effort.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+10)[19]



    Adrie Everbright

    P.S. These were my rolls from the older thread.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Undead Scourge

    Yarruf, Minotaur Paladin

    Yarruf walks along with the group, watching the small town with the perceptive vision of a Minotaur. He takes everything in while agreeing with his companions: "I agree, this town seems like it should be more, I don't know, more of a maze, a puzzle, not just a straight line. We must see what is going on. " He pauses, "Or not, hmm..." Another pause, "Actually yes lets." He then asks some vendors on the street to see if they know anything about what's going on in this town, as well as where the nearest temple is. He also tries to bring up their spirits by preaching about the platinum dragon.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+6)[19]
    Streetwise 1st roll (about the town): (1d20+2)[22]
    Streetwise 2nd roll (about the town): (1d20+2)[19]
    Religion: (1d20+5)[14]

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Philemonite's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Undead Scourge

    Quote Originally Posted by Gavran View Post
    Nodding thoughtfully, Lucian speaks "These men who face battle must live difficult lives. It is a sad consequence that they may at times lose sight of what they are fighting for. I will pray to the good gods of home, fortune, and battle for them. No man has room for uncertainty when he is filled with the blessings of the divine."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Religion: [roll0]
    Only a few of the men pay any attention to Lucian, and they are not very impressed. One of them even mumbles "Waukeen has abandoned us, there is not much reason to fight."

    Quote Originally Posted by theduck View Post
    Defender's of Trademeet, do not dispair. Though our foes are innumerable, and they rotten and smell, we do not fight alone.

    Stopping, Cid turns towards the troops, throws back his cloak and draws his sword, holding it high about his head.

    Nor do we fight in vain, for the God's are with us the day!

    Spoiler
    Show

    [roll0]+10, diplomacy
    Cid's attempt proves to be more successful, most of the men listen to him and few of them even respond.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gavran View Post
    "Alistair! Might I have a word?" Closing the distance between them, he glances at the soldiers and lowers his voice. "Tell me, who commands these men? Is there any way you could arrange for me to meet with him?"
    "Certainly, we still have some time before we start the assault. This particular group is under Commander Santori's jurisdiction. They will be joining your friend Xardis in the direct assault on the orc and goblin forces. I am not sure if he is available. What is it that you want to speak with him?"

    Quote Originally Posted by LtPowers View Post
    In the morning, exhausted but exhilarated, Adrie takes Alistair's suggestion to heart. She immediately grabs his arm and drags him (and the others in her group) with her to glad-hand as many of the troops as they can find. She emphasizes the righteous nature of their task and the moral and spiritual rewards of undertaking their effort.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+10)[19]
    Spoiler
    Show
    With such a low Streetwise Adrie wouldn't really be able to find anything, but if one of her companions wants to find a suitable place for her...


    Already affected by Cid's short speach the troops welcome Adrie's smile and her encouraging words.

    Quote Originally Posted by zingbobco000 View Post
    Yarruf, Minotaur Paladin

    Yarruf walks along with the group, watching the small town with the perceptive vision of a Minotaur. He takes everything in while agreeing with his companions: "I agree, this town seems like it should be more, I don't know, more of a maze, a puzzle, not just a straight line. We must see what is going on. " He pauses, "Or not, hmm..." Another pause, "Actually yes lets." He then asks some vendors on the street to see if they know anything about what's going on in this town, as well as where the nearest temple is. He also tries to bring up their spirits by preaching about the platinum dragon.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: [roll0]
    Streetwise 1st roll (about the town): [roll1]
    Streetwise 2nd roll (about the town): [roll2]
    Religion: [roll3]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Once a glorious trade center, the town looks...beaten. The animal attacks have left the town in ruins and the army of orcs and goblins has made the citizens uneasy. Furthermore, nothing stays secret for long in a place like this, and even though the presence of the undead forces has not bee made public, the people are frightened. There is not much useful information to be gained. Even the mayor of the town, Lord Logan Coprith, is visibly upset, and no mater how hard he tries to hide it, it is written on his face.


    Unfortunately, The Platinum Dragon is not worshiped in this town, so Yarruf's words fall to a deaf ear.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

    LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: The Undead Scourge

    Lucian Compas

    "When I was young I was taught that to guarantee success you have to approach a problem from more than one direction. Inspiring the soldiers directly is a good plan, but it is only half of the solution. People take their cues from those in charge of them, and if we can bolster the Commander's spirits, the effect will cascade down to the others." His confidence visibly wavers as he quietly adds "Assuming soldiers are anything like merchants anyway..."

    After a short pause, he straightens his shoulders and back. "I believe that I -" he looks to his companions "- no, we can help prepare Commander Santori to lead his men to victory."

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Philemonite's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Undead Scourge

    A soft chuckle escaped Alistair's lips as he hears Lucian's comment.
    "I don't think there is anything you can do to inspire Commander Santori, he is one of the best commanders that Amn has ever had. If you attempt to inspire him the only result would be a smack in the face. He is good at what he does, but he doesn't like when someone disrespects him."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

    LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Undead Scourge

    Yarruf, Minotaur Paladin

    He goes over to talk to the leader of the town, the mayor. "Hello, my leader." He makes a gracious bow as to make a good first impression. "We are travelers, and we have heard about an infestation with the undead. Would you possibly know of any way that you might be able to help us in our quest?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Kinda useless, but just seeing if any of these skills might help the challenge as I'd fail at the main skills.

    Diplomacy: (1d20+2)[13]
    Also, an insight check to see why the mayor is so upset and word his words to please him: (1d20+9)[15]

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Philemonite's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Undead Scourge

    Quote Originally Posted by zingbobco000 View Post
    Yarruf, Minotaur Paladin

    He goes over to talk to the leader of the town, the mayor. "Hello, my leader." He makes a gracious bow as to make a good first impression. "We are travelers, and we have heard about an infestation with the undead. Would you possibly know of any way that you might be able to help us in our quest?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Kinda useless, but just seeing if any of these skills might help the challenge as I'd fail at the main skills.

    Diplomacy: [roll0]
    Also, an insight check to see why the mayor is so upset and word his words to please him: [roll1]
    Lost in his ow thoughts, the High Merchant fails to notice you. Your voice awakes him from this daydreaming, and startles him slightly.
    "Oh, yes of course, you must be one of the men that Walden brought. A true blessing in our time of need, Trademeet will forever be in his debt. I am sorry that I can not provide any more information, I told Walden all I know. This necromancer appeared a few months ago. We didn't really pay much attention to him, with all the troubles we are having at the moment. At first he visited the town every week, coming to trade, or at least that's what he said. About a month ago he just stopped coming. We thought he simply exhausted his own life energy, every time he came to town his body seamed to decay a little more. I guess that's what happens when you dabble the power of undeath. We didn't even know he was so close to the city until Walden told us. I am sorry I can not be of any more help, but I must get back to my work. We need to make a evacuation plan, as a back up. I pray to the gods we won't need to use it."
    Spoiler
    Show
    The only thing you can see in his behavior is his concern for his people, there is nothing else on his mind.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

    LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Undead Scourge

    Yarruf, Minotaur Paladin

    Yarruf perks up as he hears the word gods. "Why, my lord, I am a holy man I may be able to give you some hope for this town" He then continues "This will only take a moment." As he kneels down and speaks some divine words.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy, as I'm speaking as well as religon.

    Diplomacy: (1d20+2)[15]

    Religion: (1d20+5)[11]

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: The Undead Scourge

    Quote Originally Posted by Asteron Questar View Post
    Only a few of the men pay any attention to Lucian, and they are not very impressed. One of them even mumbles "Waukeen has abandoned us, there is not much reason to fight."
    ...
    Unfortunately, The Platinum Dragon is not worshiped in this town, so Yarruf's words fall to a deaf ear.
    ...
    Yarruf perks up as he hears the word gods. "Why, my lord, I am a holy man I may be able to give you some hope for this town" He then continues "This will only take a moment." As he kneels down and speaks some divine words.
    Kye walks up somewhat slowly, almost with an uncaring tone to his footsteps.
    "You do realize that even if you can't see that Waukeen is working, she may still be? Or that even if you can't see how she's doing something, she may very well still be doing so? Even if it's not the form that you've hoped for, we are indeed before you five strong warriors.

    Have a little faith."


    Spoiler
    Show
    Kye doesn't give a crap about religion. He's simply playing off saying what he thinks the troops need to hear.

    Bluff check;
    [roll]20+9[/roll]

    Diplomacy if required;
    [roll]20+9[/roll]

    Religion if required;
    [roll]20+1[/roll]

    Kye plans on using a sorcery spell to create some sort of magical effect, like a wizard would use Prestidigitation if Yaruff's prayer effectively seems to do nothing. And since Kye isn't religious, he's expecting to have to step in.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: The Undead Scourge

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry about the double post. Didn't do the rolls right in the last post, so I am placing them here.

    Bluff check;
    (1d20+9)[25]

    Diplomacy if required;
    (1d20+9)[23]

    Religion if required;
    (1d20+1)[4]

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    theduck's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Undead Scourge

    Cid

    Cid's bravado falters for a moment after seeing how quickly the people's mood changed back to despair at the mention of their absent deity. Taking a que from the kobold, Cid gives the crowd a knowing smile, and continues.

    My friend here, he speaks true. In fact, I dreamt of your goddess this very morn, and she told me that you had not been forgotten, nor forsaken

    [/SPOILERS]
    big money no whammy
    bluff
    [/roll]1d20+10[/roll]
    [/SPOILER]

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    theduck's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Undead Scourge

    Spoiler
    Show

    Well, that was embarrassing...
    (1d20)[6]+10

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Philemonite's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Undead Scourge

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Lucian-Religion-
    Cid-Diplomacy+
    Adrie-Diplomacy+
    Yarruf-Religion-
    Kye-Bluff+
    Cid-Bluff+
    You need one more failure or success.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

    LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: The Undead Scourge

    Quote Originally Posted by Asteron Questar View Post
    A soft chuckle escaped Alistair's lips as he hears Lucian's comment.
    "I don't think there is anything you can do to inspire Commander Santori, he is one of the best commanders that Amn has ever had. If you attempt to inspire him the only result would be a smack in the face. He is good at what he does, but he doesn't like when someone disrespects him."
    Lucian nods to Alistair, and thinks for a moment. "Fair enough, friend, I will trust your assessment of the man. Still, there must be more we can do... some way we can reach these men, something I'm just not seeing." He replays the events so far in his head, confident that there's something there he can use.

    Spoiler: OOC:
    Show

    Insight: (1d20+10)[20] to realize that they explicitly said they were feeling abandoned by the gods and that a cleric of the goddess filling in for the goddess they're lamenting is literally standing a few feet away from him.

    Seriously, I don't know how I or my character could've missed that. :P

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Philemonite's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Undead Scourge

    Quote Originally Posted by Gavran View Post
    Lucian nods to Alistair, and thinks for a moment. "Fair enough, friend, I will trust your assessment of the man. Still, there must be more we can do... some way we can reach these men, something I'm just not seeing." He replays the events so far in his head, confident that there's something there he can use.


    Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Insight: [roll0] to realize that they explicitly said they were feeling abandoned by the gods and that a cleric of the goddess filling in for the goddess they're lamenting is literally standing a few feet away from him.

    Seriously, I don't know how I or my character could've missed that. :P
    "Aside from Waukeen's return, I don't think there is anything that can lift their spirits. That's why we need to do our best to stop this plague."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Unlike Athkatla, which is heavily influenced by Waukeen, Trademeet is dedicated to her. With Waukeen gone the entire town is starting to die out. The people have lost their will to live. They are starting to believe that everything that is happening is because Waukeen is no longer protecting them. Technically, this is true, because her very presence was enough to stop any potential attack.
    Last edited by Philemonite; 2013-12-17 at 09:02 AM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

    LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: The Undead Scourge

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hoping for some bonuses here, either from the insight check or Llira's guardianship or memories of the night before or all three!


    Adrie nods to Alistair and Lucien. "Perhaps Lliira has arranged that I be here for a higher purpose than simply attacking a necromancer. The last thing she wants is for Waukeen's followers to lose their faith, and their hope. I will do what I can."

    The priestess gathers what soldiers she can, making sure her holy symbol is displayed prominently. She has no priestly vestments, nor holy book to wield, but her clothing and armor display the Lliiran colors of red, orange, and yellow. That will have to do.

    "Friends," she begins, putting on her best Lliiran smile. "You have not been abandoned. Look around you. You have your comrades-in-arms. Is not their steel as sharp as ever? Why should their courage and resolve not be as well?

    "And look here, at us, who have come to help you. For personal gain? No! We have come because we believe in your cause. We believe in you.

    "But most of all, look in your hearts. Each of you. The sages say that after the godswar, the gods came to realize that they had forgotten, in their squabbles, to look after their followers. They rededicated themselves to us, their worshipers, knowing that their strength would wax and wane according to their influence among mortals. Every man who devotes himself to a god increases the god's power just by believing. By having faith.

    "Waukeen has been missing since the Time of Troubles, so this new understanding is unfamiliar to her church. But when she does return -- or even to facilitate her return -- she will need strength, and that strength will come from you. Her faithful, whom she loves. She has not abandoned you; her divinity lives in Lliira, and her power lives in you.

    "In the meantime, know that Our Lady of Joy and her church will never abandon you either, so long as we are the guardians of The Golden Lady's principles. You and we are one, bound by a holy bond.

    "But today we are faced with a dire threat. You may feel that you no longer have the protection of your goddess, but it's not true. It's not true! Today, you must be that protection. Find her strength in your hearts and use it as she would want you to, to protect Trademeet, to protect your people. To protect the legacy of Waukeen!"


    Adrie beams beatifically, joy in her heart... hoping against hope that her unpracticed sermon can soothe these wounded hearts.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Here's to hopin': Religion: (1d20+5)[12]



    Adrie Everbright

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Philemonite's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Undead Scourge

    "Lady Everbright is correct, as long as you don't give up there is always hope. If you give it your best there is always chance for a victory. But if you give up there is only defeat. Let us show them our strength and resolve. We can do it, we just need to give it our best."

    Alistair turns towards Adrie, clearly impressed.

    "Lady Everbright, that was amazing. I hope our troops can live up to your words. It will pleasure working with you. My troops and I will try to cut the path through the undead horde, so that you can reach the necromancer's lair. I will try to join you, if I can."

    Spoiler
    Show
    The crowd is very impressed by Adrie's words, they start shouting and cheering, and you can see the moral rising. Your efforts have been successful, and you have a feeling that this troops will be fighting harder.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

    LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Undead Scourge

    Yarruf, Minotuar Paladin

    The large minotuar pats the preistess on the back. Whispering to her: "Well you seem to have done a good job, my speaking is not as advanced, my actions will prove more worthy then my words I assure you."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Jeez, I'm having the worst luck, the die roller seems to hate me...

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Philemonite's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Undead Scourge

    Quote Originally Posted by zingbobco000 View Post
    Yarruf, Minotuar Paladin

    The large minotuar pats the preistess on the back. Whispering to her: "Well you seem to have done a good job, my speaking is not as advanced, my actions will prove more worthy then my words I assure you."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Jeez, I'm having the worst luck, the die roller seems to hate me...
    "As long as you work as a team, you should be able to overcome all of the obstacles in your way. I am sorry that we didn't have more time to talk, but the scouting party is back and we will probably be going soon. I hope everything is going according to the plan, but we will need to make a few adjustments. You should be ready to move."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

    LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: The Undead Scourge

    Adrie is energized. "I believe we are ready," she says, speaking for her group.


    Adrie Everbright

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: The Undead Scourge

    Lucian Compas

    After everyone has finished their last minute preparations, the young priest pulls the Lliiran cleric aside for a moment. "Miss Everbright? I wanted to thank you for what you said. All my discussions of theology have been among the devout and... I never really understood what it was like for those with less spiritual guidance in their lives. I was sad and confused that I couldn't help them but... you did. You honoured my goddess and yours. Thank you." He offers a small, but entirely sincere smile. "I only we hope we truly can help these people..."

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: The Undead Scourge

    Adrie returns the smile. "Thank you so much for your kind words, but please, call me 'Adrie'. I've learned that when it comes to the average worshiper, you've got to get right down to business. They have so much on their minds, just surviving day-to-day, that the struggles of the churches don't resonate with them. I used to think that myself... that the clerics of the gods were holed up in lavish palaces pondering Great Mysteries and ignoring the common people. Fortunately, I learned that the Lliiran church, at least, was open to taking the faith to the streets.

    "And, as we've learned, that's what we should be all about... making sure that our gods don't forget their followers. Everything else is just details."



    Adrie Everbright

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Philemonite's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Undead Scourge

    The journey doesn't last more then a few yours, but for you it is an eternity. Dark thoughts start to form in your mind and you wonder what will be left of the city when you return. Will the others be successful in their tasks? Will you? If only one of you fails, the entire town is in danger. Alistair tries his best to keep the spirits up, but since most of the army has remained to defend the city it is no small task.
    "We are approaching the necromancer's lair, the undead should start appearing soon. Whatever happens, you must push forward. My men can keep the undead busy, but you must reach the necromancer and neutralize him. I have assigned two boys to your group. They will help maintain contact with me and the rest of the force. They know this woods much better then me, they know every hiding place and every shortcut and they are pretty light on their feet. Most importantly, you can trust them. As from this moment you are on your own. I will be close, and the boys will keep you informed. May Lathander bless us today."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

    LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: The Undead Scourge

    "Thank you, Alistair. May Lliira lighten your step, and may the dawn see us reuniting, victorious."


    Adrie, ever the people-person, seeks out the two boys and introduces herself, inquiring after their names and any information they can share.


    Adrie Everbright

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Philemonite's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Undead Scourge

    The two boys introduce themselves as Patrick and Fenton. They don't really talk much, but they give you what little information they have. They show you a few paths that are quickest way to Alistair's force, as well as the path that leads directly to the Necromancer's lair.
    "Lady Everbright, Sir Alistair told us you will be performing some rituals? We would love too see that."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

    LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Undead Scourge

    Yarruf, Minotaur Paladin

    "Yes Alistar I shall be ready." Yarruf replies as he then puts on his armor and attaches his trusty large magical hammer to his belt and begins to begin the long journey towards the necromancer's cave.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •