Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 40

Thread: Subtlety

  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Philemonite's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Subtlety

    Spoiler: Table
    Show
    {table=head]Player |Race/Class/Color |Role
    shamgar001 |Razorclaw Shifter Druid |Controller
    Son_of_Meepo |Shardmind Psion |Controller
    Nauros |Drow Warlock |Striker
    SiuiS |Hamadryad Ardent |Leader(Striker)
    Sol |Nymph Sorcerer |Striker [/table]


    Sleep doesn't come easy to you, and as you toss and turn you can't stop thinking of the coming battle. Naturally, your greatest concern is your role, what is expected of you and what you can actually accomplish.

    With the first ray of sunshine you are awakened for a quick breakfast and your journey starts. For most of you this is a first time passing through the Amn wilderness, and you are surprised by the lush vegetation, you never imagined it would be full of life. Aside from a minor skirmish with some trolls that have taken over a local keep you encounter no problems and by the time the sun setts you reach the gates of Trademeet. Though the town is smaller than Athkatla it is much better decorated, it is almost as if the entire town is glowing. However, a dark shadow looms over it, and you can see despair and suffering in people's eyes. Walden tells you that you are free until morning, when you will report to Lady Leliana.

    As the morning comes you feel uneasy. Something is in the air, you can almost taste it. Lady Leliana informs you that that she needs some time for preparations, but you can assist her.


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    You get to spend the night in Trademeet, be creative with your time.

    Skill challenge.

    5 successes, 3 fails
    Lady Leliana is performing a ritual, to help her focus her Psonic force.
    Arcana is a primary skill. The ritual involves gestures(one Acrobatics check) and maintaining energy(one Endurance check).
    You can also use Nature or Religion, but only once.
    Last edited by Philemonite; 2013-11-25 at 11:28 AM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

    LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Subtlety

    Wakaha is uneasy about the past few days. About these creatures he travels with. His sleeps have not been long, but erratic. As he awakes this morning, he travels away from the city, among the spirits with which he is familiar. He kneels in a forest clearing and breathes deeply, feeling the primal beings in the environment around him. As their spiritual energy intensifies, he opens small sack containing a collection of seer's charms - stones, bones, and carved figures of animals. Letting his soul flow with the primal spirits, he releases the object onto the ground before him, allowing the spirits to guide them to a resting place.

    Once the objects have found their resting place, Wakaha looks at them to read the signs. Then he reads them again. He gathers the charms, stands up, and sighs. Today will not be a good day for Wakaha.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Wakaha uses Cast Fortune

    Spoiler: Power Text
    Show
    Effect: Roll a d20 three times when you use this power, and
    note the results °n order. These results replace, in order,
    the next three d20 rolls the target makes for any of the
    following types of rolls: attack rolls, saving throws, and skill
    checks. At the DMís discretion, trivial rolls and rolls that that
    target makes in nondangerous or nonstresslul situations
    canít be replaced by your recorded results. When all three
    results have been used or when you next take an extended
    rest, the effect ends. The target doesnít know if his or her
    fortune is good or bad unless you tell the target.


    (1d20)[4]
    (1d20)[1]
    (1d20)[8]

    Last edited by shamgar001; 2013-11-22 at 05:24 AM.


    DM'ing Trouble In Orlane IC | OOC

    Stick figure character portraits I've made for myself and others.

    "I think most gamemasters would agree that their world functions significantly more smoothly before the PCs ever show up." -

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Subtlety

    Being a construct, S.A.M.E doesn't require any sleep, so he has been spending his time double and triple checking the list of preparations to be made. He doesn't require food either, so instead of breakfast he helped gather everyone's belongings and makes sure the others are ready for the trip.

    He says little, unless directly communicated with. As a miner he was expected to talk only of what was relevant to the job.

    When they finally reach Lady Leliana and hears of her need, S.A.M.E. jumps in to help.

    "I understand completely your need. As a crystal construct, I have been specifically designed to harness and store psychic energy. Let me be that reservoir for you."

    Spoiler: Endurance Check
    Show
    Psychic Skill (Endurance): Spend a power point, you gain a +3 power bonus to your next skill check using the indicated skill (bonus included below).

    Endurance: (1d20+15)[26]

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Subtlety

    Edalrintalisissae "Eddy", the Urban Sea Nymph.

    Eddy greatly enjoyed the walk through the wilderness. Water, everywhere, in everything, flowing from sea to river to brook to creek to grass and flowers and trees, creating life. Sure, she's made almost entirely of water, and the other races only slightly less so, but it's easier to see its effects at work here in the forest. By the time the party reaches Trademeet, she's famished, and, with Walden's blessing, she wanders off to find the best local street food.

    Stopping a friendly-looking woman on the street, she asks about the local delicacies, and if she has a favorite food cart nearby. The woman directs her to Ravello's Noodle cart, where the best local mussels are combined with pasta and veggies to create pure magic. True to the woman's word, Eddy was very pleased with her meal.

    Happy and full, Eddy gets some sleep for once, but still, something feels a tad off. She rises early and approaches Lady Leliana, eager to get this over with. Seeing Leliana's focusing ritual underway, Eddy carefully weaves some of her own magical energy into the fold.



    Spoiler
    Show
    Streetwise to locate some delicious local street food: (1d20+10)[22]
    Last edited by Sol; 2013-11-22 at 04:00 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Subtlety

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the double post - needed to see if the first roll succeeded before I knew what my bonus would be on this one.

    Arcana check to assist the ritual, via Secrets of the City: (1d20+10)[23]

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Philemonite's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Subtlety

    Lady Leliana is impressed by S.A.M.E.'s ability to withstand psychic energy.
    "If you are sure of your skills, one of you can try to channel all the energy he stored. It's a bit risky, but it will help us finish faster."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If you want, one of you can make a special Arcana check with slightly higher DC. Success will count double, but fail will carry a special penalty. Aid another is an option(two allies).
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

    LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: Subtlety

    The trip had been shorter than he had been expecting, not as long as he would have liked to get over his paranoia about his new companions. Not for the first time he felt a specter of a dagger across his throat. As it was he kept his distance from them, often trancing in the shadows just outside the camp's light.

    The atmosphere of Trademeet was not what Valton would have expected from a town so close to a festival. He was surprised by the despair and misery that seemed to cling like webs to everyone he saw. Wondering what he had gotten himself into, he decided to spend the night and wander the town to try and get the lay of the land.

    The next day Valton watches with detachment as Leliana begins her ritual. He understands very basic concepts for what she's attempting but many of the specifics are beyond his grasp. He steps forward as Leliana voices her request. "I can make the attempt, if no one objects?"
    "An army of squirrels is still an army"

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Subtlety

    "Reading magic was also one of the abilities I was trained for. When you often dug tunnels into the Underdark, you had to lookout for magical emanations."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    So S.A.M.E. appears to have the best Arcana modifier in the group, so I assume what would give us the best chance is to have others assist S.A.M.E. unless the DM decides that he is too busy holding the power to make the check. Don't necessarily want to grab all the rolls, but I wanted to point out our relative abilities.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Subtlety

    Wakaha returns to town to see what the others were doing. He finds Lady Leliana and the artificial man trying to perform some magic rituals. Wakaha, knowing a few things about the arcane arts himself, invites himself to assist them. He thinks to himself that no construct could master arcana like a real natural creature could, but with his destined bad luck, Wakaha decides to stay in a helping role.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Assist S.A.M.E. with an arcana check.
    Forseen role of 4 plus arcana modifier makes a total of 10.


    DM'ing Trouble In Orlane IC | OOC

    Stick figure character portraits I've made for myself and others.

    "I think most gamemasters would agree that their world functions significantly more smoothly before the PCs ever show up." -

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Subtlety

    Edalrintalisissae "Eddy", the Urban Sea Nymph.

    Impressed by the construct, Eddy gladly lends him the use of a small portion of her power. A fine mist swirls out of her fingertips and coalesces into a toroidal cloud, which she gently rests on the construct's head like a circlet.

    That should do the trick! she giggles, and then her eyes go wide momentarily. Lady Leliana, might I trouble you for a glass of water?

    Spoiler
    Show
    Auto-succeed aid another with Secrets of the City Arcana check at +10.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Subtlety

    S.A.M.E processes the necessary steps in his mind before continuing.

    "I suggest anyone not involved in the transfer clear out, it can be quite dangerous."

    When the room was cleared, S.A.M.E. continued.

    "Beginning transfer..."

    Spoiler: Arcana
    Show
    Includes assists:

    Arcana: (1d20+13)[20]

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Subtlety

    Wakaha enters the room later that afternoon to see how the story was progressing. As soon as he walks through the door, one of the assistants grabs his wrists and pulls him further in, telling him that they had been waiting for someone to come perform the gestures. Wakaha attempts to dissuade her.
    "Gestures? I don't know anything about gestures. I'm not the one. Not the one!" He found himself in the middle of the circle. Giving up on convincing them, he tries to follow along. It doesn't work.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Acrobatics check: [5] (Foreseen roll of 1, +4 modifier)


    DM'ing Trouble In Orlane IC | OOC

    Stick figure character portraits I've made for myself and others.

    "I think most gamemasters would agree that their world functions significantly more smoothly before the PCs ever show up." -

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: Subtlety

    Deciding that no explosions means it's safe to enter the room again, Valton quietly enters. He is taken aback for a moment as he sees Wakaha attempting to follow along in the middle of a circle and doing a dismal job. A soft smile lights the drow's lips at the resigned grimace on his companion's face. Then steeling himself, he pads softly over to Leliana, taking care not to disturb the ritual.

    Is there anything I might do for you, my Lady?
    "An army of squirrels is still an army"

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Subtlety

    Wakaha looked over at the newcomer, then fell flat on his face. The assistant behind him reacted too slow, and fell too. Like dominoes, they all fell into a pile, with Wakaha at the bottom.

    "Stop your laughing, Drow! I know you're cackling inside!"


    DM'ing Trouble In Orlane IC | OOC

    Stick figure character portraits I've made for myself and others.

    "I think most gamemasters would agree that their world functions significantly more smoothly before the PCs ever show up." -

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Subtlety

    Edalrintalisissae "Eddy", the Urban Sea Nymph.

    Eddy peeks into the room after hearing grunts and crashes.

    Seeing the large pile of people on the ground, she blushes a deep lavender.

    I had heard stories of this kind of party, but always thought they were exaggerated! I...will be in the hall, if my skills are required further.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Subtlety

    If he were capable of sighing, S.A.M.E sure would be by now.

    "Wahaka, even if you are not familiar with this type of magic, I am certain that there is a type of magic you can use. Don't try to do what others do. Go with what you know."

    S.A.M.E continues to try to channel the power.

    Spoiler: Arcana Check
    Show
    Arcana: (1d20+12)[32]

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Subtlety

    Wakaha pushed the last assistant off of himself, gets up, and walks away, grumbling darkly. Once outside, he decided that, against all odds, the construct might actually know what he's talking about. Wahaka finds a quiet corner in an alley and attempts to commune with the primal spirits. They are hard to contact from within settlements, but Wakaha attempts to call them. He asks them to aid Lady Laliana in any way that they can.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Nature check: [18] (Foreseen roll of 8, +10 modifier)


    DM'ing Trouble In Orlane IC | OOC

    Stick figure character portraits I've made for myself and others.

    "I think most gamemasters would agree that their world functions significantly more smoothly before the PCs ever show up." -

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Banned
     
    SiuiS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Somewhere south of Hell
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Subtlety

    Betrys has chosen her companions well, it seems. The crystalline shardmind and the dark elf were both naturally inclined to solitude. More of the party would expect separation than not Ė be suspicious otherwise, even.

    The woods still in the wake of the shrieking shrill rattle as the dryad pulls her chain shirt over her head, tossing it to fall with a sound like rain somewhere to her left.

    Gracious. she sighs, fingers moving across puckered scars that crawl over her abdomen like angry centipedes. Cracks in the golden grain of her wood-like skin, filled in with the pulpy tissue of sapwood or scar-flesh or some twisted hybrid. The forest sounds return, night creatures hunting the bugs and vermin that crawl free under the moon.

    Come, she says, as two emeralds flare in the non-light and the shadows stretch into the leonine form of a panther, and then Go. Hunt. she says, and the panther flows into the woods, knowing she wishes to be alone.

    But Betrys is of the wild, and is never alone. The bark of a particularly out-of-place birch grinds pleasantly into her naked back and she worms her slender toes into the loamy soil until just the barest hint of moonlit nail could be seen. She sighs again. She waits.

    The trees steady into their paces, asleep, and the hollow fills with sorrow and moonlight like a cup almost overfull. Quietly, to avoid being heard by any but the moon and stars, Betrys begins to sing.




    *


    The dryad giggles, watching another patron lick the dew from a strained tea leaf. She wonders idly if any of the humans stopped to think about how the plants must feel about their treatment. She remembers the bard from before being quite shocked when she likened oak-aged whiskey to licking the small of someone's back.

    Her eyes move person to person, observing. The stilted movements. The wilted postures. Strained smiles and creased eyes. She sips her tea, slurping in hot fluid and cool air to mingle on her tongue. Perfect.

    Betrys leans back, closes here eyes. The aura is second nature, now. It was first nature a long time ago, but the years had taught her distance and control; all the better to understand passion. It flows from her like an intangible wind, and those around start to gradually shift. Movements become broader, more sweeping. Here and there, a joke. In the hearts and minds of the pavilion, Betrys I stills a patient serenity and a sense of expectant blooming. All the nervous energy of the patrons, wound up and stored behind smiles and cheer, like a school of fish awake beneath the calmly frozen surface.

    She stands, leaving a round coin of silver for the drink, and leaves amidst a swishing like fallen leaves. She takes the urging with her, but the cheer stays.

    It is an hour, and three small shops later, that the first rumors of some strange, monstrous beast first trickles through the streets to her ears. Her eyes gleam. Only moments later, relief and humor flood the streets, as whoever saw a monster was clearly mistaken, the small black housecat having leapt onto a table to lap at spilt cream.

    Betrys smiles. She should be back around to the first shop in half a hour, to calm and direct the tangle of emotions stirred by the panther sighting. Above and around, a slow vortex of psychic energy began to turn as people lulled into peace were roused to excitement and then gradually led down to relaxation again.

    She enjoys the work. And why shouldn't she? The people she helps obviously need the distraction.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Using Insight to gauge when and where people around her are most susceptible to psychic nudging and herdmind behavior, Betrys wanders in a circle around the location of Leliana, followed slowly by her faerie panther. First priming people for a reaction, and then generating a spike of psychic agitation with her aura and with a panther sighting, before coming around again and directing the thoughts and energies.

    A slow tornado of peace and suspense should build around the central location, focusing and containing any ambient psychic energies Leliana herself must use.

    Insight - (1d20+9)[15]
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2013-11-26 at 04:59 AM.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Philemonite's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Subtlety

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    You already have 5 successes
    S.A.M.E.-Endurance
    Eddy-Arcana
    S.A.M.E.-Arcana-Double
    S.A.M.E.-Arcana
    I don't mind another check, but there is no need for it.


    In a marvelous display of power S.A.M.E. manages not only to contain most of the fleeting psychic energy, but he also directs it to assist Lady Leliana.
    "Now I see what Walden saw in you, that was quite impressive. You could prove to be very useful, I will have to ask Walden to let you accompany me on my little task." She chuckles slightly, but you can see that some heavy scheming is happening behind those bright eyes. You can only hope that her plans are beneficial to you.
    "If you agree, of course."

    As Wakaha starts his clumsy gesturing she quickly moves out of the way, while maintaining her concentration.
    "I don't mean to be cruel, but I believe it would be best if there was some distance between us. If my concentration was broken now I would have to start over, and we don't have the time for the preparations."

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    That should do the trick! she giggles, and then her eyes go wide momentarily. Lady Leliana, might I trouble you for a glass of water?
    "The waterskins are right over there." she points to the table nearby. "There is also a fountain outside, if that is not enough." Even though her words sound helpful, something in her voice tells you that she doesn't like you.

    Quote Originally Posted by shamgar001 View Post
    Wakaha pushed the last assistant off of himself, gets up, and walks away, grumbling darkly. Once outside, he decided that, against all odds, the construct might actually know what he's talking about. Wahaka finds a quiet corner in an alley and attempts to commune with the primal spirits. They are hard to contact from within settlements, but Wakaha attempts to call them. He asks them to aid Lady Laliana in any way that they can.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Nature check: [18] (Foreseen roll of 8, +10 modifier)
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you try to communicate with the spirits your mind is suddenly struck with a mental feedback. You can feel that something is wrong, some force is preventing you from reaching the spirits. You feel the lingering energy of some kind of powerful ritual, but you have no idea what happened here.


    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

    Using Insight to gauge when and where people around her are most susceptible to psychic nudging and herdmind behavior, Betrys wanders in a circle around the location of Leliana, followed slowly by her faerie panther. First priming people for a reaction, and then generating a spike of psychic agitation with her aura and with a panther sighting, before coming around again and directing the thoughts and energies.

    A slow tornado of peace and suspense should build around the central location, focusing and containing any ambient psychic energies Leliana herself must use.

    [roll0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your effects produce mixed results, some people react positively, some are agitated. It is probably best not to try that again.


    As Lady Leliana finishes her ritual she focuses her thought on a small orb in the center of the room. Suddenly, psonic energy surges from the orb, bringing you strange visions. What you initially see is an aggressive woman. Two things stand out at first sight, her armor, covered with vines and flowers and shadows that surround her. On a closer examination you notice another figure. It is a strange and mysterious figure, and you find it strange how nothing about it stands out. As the figure turns around you notice a mark on it's back, a skull, surrounded by drops of blood.
    "Well, that is a waste of time. I guess I will still need more energy."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Each one of you can choose to spend a Healing Surge. Every surge will give one more vision.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

    LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Subtlety

    S.A.M.E. does not register the praise given by Lady Leliana, it was simply not in his nature to understand it. He did the job he was told to do.

    When the Lady asked for more vital energy, S.A.M.E had no objection to channeling some of his own.

    "beginning vital force transfer..."

    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Power Points: 1/2.
    1 healing surge spent. 7/8 remaining.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Subtlety

    Edalrintalisissae "Eddy", the Urban Sea Nymph.

    Having drained one of the waterskins completely, Eddy is well-sated and returns her attention to the ritual and its effects.

    She didn't miss the slightly insulting tone of the Lady, but, in her experience, that's just how Ladies tend to treat common folk, so she doesn't respond in kind or take much offense to it.

    Approaching the orb, she feels a slight pain as she witnesses the vision within.

    A waste? What did you expect this to do?

    Spoiler
    Show
    Surge spent - 9/10 remaining.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Philemonite's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Subtlety

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    A waste? What did you expect this to do?
    "I was expecting it would give me some new information, but this ritual is random, it is impossible to control it. Hopefully the next one will be more useful."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

    LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Subtlety

    "So the ritual did nothing noteworthy and you expected nothing noteworthy. Sounds like it worked to me," quips S.A.M.E, oblivious to the humor inherent in his statement.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Philemonite's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Subtlety

    "Actually, what I expected was some new information, not something I already knew. Peering into the future does not always produce the desired information. At least I got a chance to confirm what I already knew, the greatest thread will not trouble us, it will be dealt with by another. Hopefully, the next vision will be more useful."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

    LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: Subtlety

    Valton looks thoughtful after the vision, committing the vision to memory. He gives a slight shrug of his shoulders towards Eddy and what he hopes is an encouraging smile though he has virtually no practice with such a thing. He draws a slow breath and then warily steps forward among his companions.

    Knowledge is the most powerful weapon one can have, a pity your ritual didn't reveal more. I hope I am able to help with a bit of my own power. Unless of course, Wakaha would like to dance some more for us? he says with a sly smile.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spending a surge for another vision, 7/8 remaining.
    "An army of squirrels is still an army"

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Subtlety

    Wakaha shoots a dirty look at Valton, and then focuses his energy toward Lady Leliana. He hopes that he can redeem himself in her eyes.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll send a surge her way. 8/9
    Last edited by shamgar001; 2013-11-28 at 01:02 AM.


    DM'ing Trouble In Orlane IC | OOC

    Stick figure character portraits I've made for myself and others.

    "I think most gamemasters would agree that their world functions significantly more smoothly before the PCs ever show up." -

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Philemonite's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Subtlety

    As the orb powers up another vision fills the room. Unlike the first one, this one starts brightly, with a unicorn, running through the forest, her golden alicorn radiates warmth. Out of the corner of your eye you see something behind her, a black hand, trying to catch her with it's black talons. The unicorn looks frightened, you can see that her light is no longer bright.

    "Well, if you could find her in time that would certainly be beneficial to our cause, and it might even provide us with some long term benefits."

    The second vision shows a young man praying. You can see the sun rising, and you can see a beautiful silver dragon above him with a seven pointed star on her back. Suddenly, the image splits in two, and you realize that they are actually not close to each other. Darkness falls and three amber tear drops fall from the sky, causing the land to rot and mysterious dark figures to appear. You are not sure, but somehow the figures look...wrong.

    "That was unexpected, on so many level. I think your more religious friends would be interested in this one, they are the once who can benefit the most. I know Alistair would like to have that information."

    Spoiler
    Show
    That's two visions out of four, I will try to write the others soon. If you think you know what they represent, please say so in the OOC, I would like to know how blunt/subtle I was.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

    LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Banned
     
    SiuiS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Somewhere south of Hell
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Subtlety

    [willing to spend a healing surge for a vision.
    Somehow lost this thread; it never showed as updated after my post]

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Philemonite's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Subtlety

    As the third vision starts to form around you you find yourself in a dimly lit hallway. What you find the most strange is that walls shift, turning into trees, and back into walls. As you reach the end of the hallway you are confronted with three doors. A black cat sits next to the left door, and the word "quick" is written on the door. On the other side, next to the right door sits a white can. The word "safe" is written on the door. There is nothing that stands out about the middle door, it is almost unnoticeable.

    When the vision ends you notice that Lady Leliana looks puzzled.
    "Pick your path carefully young ones."

    The fourth vision shows three animals you can't recognize, each of a different color, red, blue and green. When three robed figures approach the animals turn into angry beasts, blocking the path. Each figure pulls out a small figure similar to a wand. One is red, with fire burning on it's tip. The other is blue, and even through the vision you can feel how cold it is. The third is green, and it releases a sound similar to the sound of lightning crackling. The first figure approaches the green beast, the second figure approaches the red beast and the third one picks the blue beast. All three of them raise their wands at the same time and shoot a beam of energy. Hit by the energy, the beasts turn back into animals, letting the figures pass.

    "This metaphors are so boring, but you should really pay attention to details."

    As the last vision appears you notice the robed figures once more. You also notice three animals, but this time they are distinct: a white bird, a brown bear and a and a black cat. As the animals attack the figures once again split up, each taking care of one animal. The first one blasts the bear with fire and lightning, the second one scorches the cat with fire and light and the third one envelopes the bird with cold darkness. All three animals fall, defeated and start turning into something different. You don't get to see much, because the vision cuts off, but it is possible that animals turned into humanoid figures.

    "That wasn't too useful, but you should still remember it."
    Last edited by Philemonite; 2013-12-20 at 07:39 AM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

    LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Subtlety

    S.A.M.E stands silently as each vision is revealed. Upon seeing the last he says, "these seem more like visions that may help us later on. What will you have us do next, Lady Leliana?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •