New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Skeppio's Superfluously Splendid Random Banter #201

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    I think it's somehow... normal for people to resolve in absolute stress and panic at the end of the year. Too many things.

That said... ever felt like you're in some deep ****, people? Because I sure as hell am.
    Oh trust me Finn, I know what you mean X_X.

Hope everything works out for you, whatever it may all be.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Oh trust me Finn, I know what you mean X_X.

Hope everything works out for you, whatever it may all be.
    *hugglewuggle*

TONIGHT IS NO SLEEP NIGHT AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

*whacks her head*
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

3. - Top - End - #753
    Firbolg in the Playground

*hugglewuggle*

*whacks her head*
    Was the whack your attempt to make you fall asleep, or the result of your "laughter"?
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

4. - Top - End - #754
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tea for everyone who needs the comfort of holding something hot. Because it is starting to freeze here. And before my body gets used to it making tea is all I can do.

Goodbye zinnias. It is too dry and you are plants that do not like water on your leaves.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

5. - Top - End - #755
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    Was the whack your attempt to make you fall asleep, or the result of your "laughter"?
    Neither is the correct answer.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

6. - Top - End - #756
    Banned

Welp, back from work. Sister is back with us, yay! She's keeping Mom up when she should be sleeping, yay! She's lying about being raped by her boyfriend, yay!

NOTHING EVER ****ING CHANGES, YAAAAY!
    URGE TO SOLVE THIS IN MY OWN WAY RISING, YAAAAAAY!

Ahem.

So, how's everyone else doing?
    *hugs tightly* That's terrible... Is there anything else you can do to deal with her? I think you mentioned having her see a therapist or something about child services a while ago, but I don't recall what came of that.

Love your Christmas avatar, by the way. :3

7. - Top - End - #757

*hugglewuggle*

*whacks her head*
    *hugglewuggles*

Good luck Finn! Hope you can get some sleep...

*defends your head with pillows!*

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    *hugs tightly* That's terrible... Is there anything else you can do to deal with her? I think you mentioned having her see a therapist or something about child services a while ago, but I don't recall what came of that.

Love your Christmas avatar, by the way. :3
    *hugs tightly* thanks. It seems that, as always, no one has any time to set up a therapist for her. The good news is that sister went away with Dad, so she's not staying the night at least.

And thanks, it's pretty bauss

@Mynxae: Ouch, that sounds rough X_X. Hope things quiet down for you too. Also everyone throw hugs at Mynxae too he's not feeling good either.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

*hugs tightly* thanks. It seems that, as always, no one has any time to set up a therapist for her.
    Seeing as how that's what she seems to needs most, that is very unfortunate.
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2013-12-05 at 12:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Banned

*hugs tightly* thanks. It seems that, as always, no one has any time to set up a therapist for her. The good news is that sister went away with Dad, so she's not staying the night at least.

And thanks, it's pretty bauss

@Mynxae: Ouch, that sounds rough X_X. Hope things quiet down for you too. Also everyone throw hugs at Mynxae too he's not feeling good either.
    *hugs* Aww. Hope your dad can handle her.

*hugs Mynxae too*

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    I shall have to inform Hatter that people miss him.
    Oh, I'm sure he knows that, already.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Speak of the devil.

I have returned from my usual lair down in Free Form Roleplaying to BRING ABOUT THE APOCOLYPSE. No no. To RULE THE GALAXY. No... To DESTROY ALL LI- No. Do not want.

Hello there, again, everyone.
    Hello again, The Mad Hatter.
    I will attempt responding to people later, or I will not, I don't know. Last night was a very sleepless night and I fell asleep... Sheesh, I don't even know when. Point is, I woke up at about noon, four and a half hours later I was supposed to...
    Oh, dear...
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    From the teacher who brought you meter-seconds per second-inverse-kilogram-meter:
    Spoiler
    Show

(the white box originally contained his name)
    Huh. Your educator has a great sense of humour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Silver View Post
    My grandfather's had to be rushed to hospital for the second time this year. This time due to a collision. With a lorry.
    Apparently he's not in immediate danger of dying now, but given the amount of injuries he's sustained (a lot) he's probably going to be in there a while. The fact that a lot of these injuries are to his chest also means there are risks of complications.

So yeah.

Not really sure why I'm telling you all this, but you know. There it is I guess.
    ...Ah. I hope he makes a speedy recovery!
    Welp, back from work. Sister is back with us, yay! She's keeping Mom up when she should be sleeping, yay! She's lying about being raped by her boyfriend, yay!

How...?

11. - Top - End - #761
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    I love French Press coffee. <3 Mostly because it is fun to make.

Ahh, I'd always wondered about that. x.x
    Also because it's the most flavourful way to make the stuff, at least among the methods easily available to me.

Until I get that cold press set-up, at least.

Hmm. I'd have thought the glowing blue eyes would give it away, myself. To anyone who's read Dune, at least. (I really like this avatar, by the way, colour and everything.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Me too! I like to grind some cinnamon or some cardamom with the beans for French press. I'm going to have some of that precious precious mud tomorrow.

Yes: and I am ever asking the gentleman to see a sand worm, may his passing cleanse the world, alas to no avail.
    Huh, I've never tried adding anything, actually. Thought it would spoil the black ambrosia

Oh you :O

Well, deploy a thumper, and you might attract the Great Maker. And then you can ride the worm. drowing in innuendo help
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

12. - Top - End - #762
    Titan in the Playground

Naturally it all makes sense once you're used to it, but most people aren't used to it so it feels odd to them. Even when you compare it to the graphs that most people are familiar with, one must bear in mind that they so rarely extend into the negatives along the x-axis.
    True, but negative numbers behave completely like normal numbers once you get over the fact that they're negative (and refrain from trying to take the square root or logarithm of them (not that I find imaginary numbers to be out of the ordinary in any way)).

Also, I'd say the directions on the cartesian plane are intuitive for anyone reading from left to right. Increasing towards the right means you'll read it in chronological order when reading it left to right. And increasing upwards should be even more intuitive...

Likely. Or there's one that is significantly more strawberry smelling than the rest, or they trick your brain by colouring the resulting food red or pink, or label it as strawberry flavoured.
    Either or, yes. I don't think it's a trick, though, since raspberry flavour uses red and pink as well...

In other news: Due to the significant difficulties I have been having lately on the frontier of sleeping, I decided that last night I would go to bed at eight, an exceedingly early time for someone of my age, and rise early to face the morning in triumph rather than annoyance.
    But alas, I ended with twelve hours of mixed sleep and lying awake in the darkness before finally rising at eight when my alarm went off. It just goes to show that I am cursed and powers beyond my control want me to be tired constantly. However, I shall persevere and go to bed early again tonight. And the next night, and for as many nights as I need to.
    Hopefully that plan won't backfire on me.
    Resetting a sleep schedule is far from easy, and usually includes a few nights of less sleep while your body gets used to the new rythm. I think I'm personally fairly easy off, though, since I usually can do changes on the scale of 4 hours while still managing a mostly okay night's sleep...

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    Hi everyone. So, how do all the days ago? I've gotten little snippets from lurking and reading more. But just in general how is everyone? What does life hold for you?

I ask because I feel like crap. Crap really isn't a strong enough word for it but I don't know what else fits. My brain isn't working very well right now. Tired I guess, but tired as in tired of things and the world and such, and not tired as in sleepy. Just things...so many things. School stress, trying to keep up in various tabletop activities stress, trying to be a good boyfriend from a long distance stress. Feeling like the number of people of value in the world, of being worth being called a friend, is dwindling fast all the time. And that I am so deeply in denial about the world and am considering stopping that.

The only reason I post that here instead of in a help thread or some other site is because I'm not looking for advice, or fixing. I just want to be conversing. Saying something, I dunno, and maybe look for some small thing that can convince me that I should keep some very small hope in people. And this is the nicest crowd I am with, so I figured best here than anywhere else.

I figure I have things to respond to, I know Teddy at least and maybe someone else, but I just...am not really sure what I am trying to say or want to say or can say or something. I'd like to ramble despite the words not really having any meaning in my head. So...I guess I will be talking, and lurking, and hope some better thought comes to me in all this.

And if this just ends up bugging people or getting bad responses or something I will kindly delete it.

Let there be banter, whoo.
    *long comforting teddybearhugs*

Personally, I'm doing quite good. I've been procrastinating a little too much as of lately, yesterday I got stuck doing schoolwork instead of buying boots and then reading queer blogs instead of doing schoolwork, but I have time, so I won't worry...

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    I know that my problems aren't that major, not at all. In fact, my problem is mostly that all the important people in my life are having terrible problems and helping them seems impossible, combined with general melancholy and disappointment with the world at large, combined with stress. Yes, my problem personally isn't all that bad compared to all else that is going on in the world. But I've been told that even so that doesn't mean that what I feel isn't worth saying. Despite what my head says.
    Do not discount your problems because someone got it worse. And I know the feeling of powerlessness when those you care about got problems. Be there for them as much as you can, but try and accept that there's little you can do apart from support them, and don't strain yourself too badly trying to figure out any solutions...

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Aww, thanks Teddy! The models pose has nothing to do with me though, as I'm sure you know. Hahah. *recomposes* I think her face is a little more distinguished in person, and it really is a shame, but the class was over. C'est la vie. There is always next week!
    Be sure to post more of your work then! :3

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Oh you. You should know you're good.
    I can still be bashful about it, can I not? ;3

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Reminds me of my issues lately. Lots of stress, housemates fighting all the time (they're a couple), money issues, haven't been really out of the house 'cause of my anxiety issues, need to see a doctor to explain why I feel sick almost every day (and some days I just wake up and need to rush to the bathroom to throw up), which could just be anxiety about having to leave the house that day or not. Then there's the feeling of loneliness that I always carry around with me which worsens the later at night it gets, but I can't sleep unless the sun is rising because if I go to sleep in darkness I'll have nightmares about being all alone in the world and the voices of everyone I love come back to haunt me saying it's my fault I'm alone.

Don't even know why I posted all that here either. But. Yeah.
    *more teddybearhugs*

Those sound like some terrible nightmares. I don't know what to say...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

13. - Top - End - #763
    Troll in the Playground

Ahem.

So, how's everyone else doing?
    Aw.

*hugs*
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

14. - Top - End - #764
    Troll in the Playground

Well, today surely hasn't been uneventful.

I got to bed at about 5.30am, and for a couple of hours there had been a massive storm. I woke up two hours later to get ready for my class, and o ho crap it had gotten worse. Knowing my poopy course, we definitely would have not had things cancelled so I bravely put on my clothes on and went to the kitchen to get some water - only to witness that one of our windows in the lounge had flopped open and there was water everywhere. AAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Ha. ****.

I just ignored it as I had to get going to my class. Eleven of us turned up (out of 30 to 40). We had a rather good drama lesson though, I liked how there weren't many students there... I really liked it. Anyways, at that point our tutor had been calling the other tutors and came to the conclusion that all classes from 2pm onwards would be cancelled, and that we had to merge with another arts group that met at 11am. Fine by us, we got out at 1pm! I've managed to do some shopping that I've been planning to get done since September, so I'm happy.

Anyways...

All trains in Scotland were cancelled. I think the majority still are. Some buses too.

Glasgow Central Station's roof collapsed this morning.

And the airport also apparently got a part of its roof ripped off, and all flights have been cancelled for today.

WELCOME TO SCOTLAND FOLKS.

aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ettin in the Playground

I got to bed at about 5.30am, and for a couple of hours there had been a massive storm. I woke up two hours later to get ready for my class, and o ho crap it had gotten worse. Knowing my poopy course, we definitely would have not had things cancelled so I bravely put on my clothes on and went to the kitchen to get some water - only to witness that one of our windows in the lounge had flopped open and there was water everywhere. AAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Ha. ****.

I just ignored it as I had to get going to my class. Eleven of us turned up (out of 30 to 40). We had a rather good drama lesson though, I liked how there weren't many students there... I really liked it. Anyways, at that point our tutor had been calling the other tutors and came to the conclusion that all classes from 2pm onwards would be cancelled, and that we had to merge with another arts group that met at 11am. Fine by us, we got out at 1pm! I've managed to do some shopping that I've been planning to get done since September, so I'm happy.

Anyways...

All trains in Scotland were cancelled. I think the majority still are. Some buses too.

Glasgow Central Station's roof collapsed this morning.

And the airport also apparently got a part of its roof ripped off, and all flights have been cancelled for today.

WELCOME TO SCOTLAND FOLKS.

So....was this a snow or thunderstorm? Or thundersnow? I imagine because the roof collapsed, snow would be more likely, but usually snowstorms don't keep people up.

The window thing is horrible. I've left my bedroom window open during a storm, and returned home to it and a dream notebook on my night stand sopping wet. That was wonderful. The thing was so soaked through, all the ink was corrupted and illegible, and I had to throw it out. Hopefully there's no lasting damge for you, however.

As for small classes, that's why I chose the school I did - most classes were 20 or less students, and it really was a lot more productive and a good fit for me. There was one class that had 60 in a big auditorium, but that was an astronomy class, and as it was at 6am, I generally absorbed information in a sleepy, half dreamy state. I still passed with an A, and for some reason remember a lot of that class while being half concious and my notes consisting of doodles, and cartoons based on the stuff we were studying at the time.

I wanna visit Scottland someday. Not now, of course. But someday.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

16. - Top - End - #766

Holy crap, that sounds terrible

What the heck happened? I assume some kind of freak storm?

17. - Top - End - #767
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    So....was this a snow or thunderstorm? Or thundersnow? I imagine because the roof collapsed, snow would be more likely, but usually snowstorms don't keep people up.
    Holy crap, that sounds terrible

What the heck happened? I assume some kind of freak storm?
    Pfffffft nah. Just the regular rain and WIND.

The window thing is horrible. I've left my bedroom window open during a storm, and returned home to it and a dream notebook on my night stand sopping wet. That was wonderful. The thing was so soaked through, all the ink was corrupted and illegible, and I had to throw it out. Hopefully there's no lasting damge for you, however.

As for small classes, that's why I chose the school I did - most classes were 20 or less students, and it really was a lot more productive and a good fit for me. There was one class that had 60 in a big auditorium, but that was an astronomy class, and as it was at 6am, I generally absorbed information in a sleepy, half dreamy state. I still passed with an A, and for some reason remember a lot of that class while being half concious and my notes consisting of doodles, and cartoons based on the stuff we were studying at the time.

I wanna visit Scottland someday. Not now, of course. But someday.
    I phoned our letting agency and we'll probably get someone to fix it in the next week or so. I hate windows in the UK... Double windows seem to be a new big thing here. Psht. My grandparents built a house in the 1980's back in Finland and triple windows were the norm then. The hell is wrong with this country! And the windows are ALWAYS gaping letting air flow in, why?!
    What a shame for your notebook, though. I can feel the pain.

Our tutorials are mostly 30+ people, but literacy is about 8 and pedagogy is 12 I think. We used to have 160 folk on the course but now... uhm, 110 or 120? Numbers have dropped drastically, but hey, it's teaching. Some people need the experience to realise it's not for them. For lectures we have the whole lot in.

You and Future Mrs Wombat planning on a honeymoon?
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

18. - Top - End - #768

Pfffffft nah. Just the regular rain and WIND.
    Oh god, that's horrifying

I thought our wind was bad, but all it does it chill us down to the bone. That sounds scary!

19. - Top - End - #769
    Troll in the Playground

Oh god, that's horrifying

I thought our wind was bad, but all it does it chill us down to the bone. That sounds scary!
    Bah. At least we had first snow today. And first melted snow as well.

And well, yeah... The wind was absolutely freezing.
    I hate the Scottish winter.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

20. - Top - End - #770

Bah. At least we had first snow today. And first melted snow as well.

And well, yeah... The wind was absolutely freezing.
    I hate the Scottish winter.
    Sounds really harsh. Reminds me of my winter

21. - Top - End - #771
    Troll in the Playground

OH WHAT THE ****ING **** CRAP THIS IS JUST BEYOND POOPY.

ALL of the windows in the lounge have been leaking water in! BRILLIANT.

BREH. LEY. YANT.

Sounds really harsh. Reminds me of my winter
    I would trade this pathetic excuse of a winter to your proper winter any time.
    Last edited by FinnLassie; 2013-12-05 at 11:50 AM.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ettin in the Playground

BREH. LEY. YANT.

That sounds like a disaster. Can't you like....cauk them or something?
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

23. - Top - End - #773

BREH. LEY. YANT.

Part of me wants to say I'd do the same but with all the water damage you're getting, and with all my tech near the window, I think I might be fine with this

24. - Top - End - #774
    Troll in the Playground

That sounds like a disaster. Can't you like....cauk them or something?
    Cauk?

I've put my towel and my freshly washed bedsheet to catch any further moisture. Whoop-de-****ing-doo.

*has a mental breakdown in corner*

Phoned the letting agency and apparently someone from some window thingamajick should've already phoned me but apparently noo. If they haven't contacted me tomorrow by 10-11am I need to phone the agency again so they can rage at someone.

Ireallydon'tneedthisrightnow *wheeze*
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

25. - Top - End - #775

Cauk?

I've put my towel and my freshly washed bedsheet to catch any further moisture. Whoop-de-****ing-doo.
    Chalk, as in the Oregon Trail. Using a certain kind of...goopy material to cover the seals so water doesn't leak through.

Oh dear X_X. Good luck Finn, I hope everything is alright!

26. - Top - End - #776
    Troll in the Playground

Chalk, as in the Oregon Trail. Using a certain kind of...goopy material to cover the seals so water doesn't leak through.

Oh dear X_X. Good luck Finn, I hope everything is alright!
    Aye well the lady on the phone told me we're getting the windows fixed & resealed so derpderpderpderp.

*hugglewuggle*
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

27. - Top - End - #777

Aye well the lady on the phone told me we're getting the windows fixed & resealed so derpderpderpderp.

*hugglewuggle*
    Ah, okay, sounds good!

*Hugglewugglesnuggle*

28. - Top - End - #778
    Troll in the Playground

20:00 and I'm still at work. My exam results are coming out at 23:00, I might as well just stay here till then and get them from here.

Sigh.

I'm sitting at my desk, eating take-out noodles, watching my model compile. I am the quintessential IT dork.

This is not awesome.
    Last edited by Feytalist; 2013-12-05 at 01:09 PM.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

29. - Top - End - #779
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    20:00 and I'm still at work. My exam results are coming out at 23:00, I might as well just stay here till then and get them from here.

Sigh.

I'm sitting at my desk, eating take-out noodles, watching my model compile. I am the quintessential IT dork.

This is not awesome.
    Hey, look at the bright side - your flat isn't flooding, you can go outside because there is no killer wind and on top of all, you're getting paid!

.... Anyways...

Exam results? What was the exam on?
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

30. - Top - End - #780
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post

Sigh.

This is not awesome.
    Know the feeling.

Sitting here, working on spreadsheets, itching for the chance to get to the gym and do something other than look at numbers or think about how my day isn't going to end for another 10-11 hours...

And I used to look forward to game night...