New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Requesting a Cthulu D20 campaign journal.

Really excited to try it out, does anyone have any campaign journals that I could read to get me even more pumped for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Well, I'm firmly convinced that gelatinous cubes simply hold static in one point and force the world to move around them to their mobility desires.
    Awesome G.Cube avatar by Savannah!

Please forgive any spelling or grammar mistakes I may make, it is quite difficult to type with a pseudopod.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Requesting a Cthulu D20 campaign journal.

Just read The Case of Charles Dexter Ward, that is like the best example of how CoC should be played (except maybe without the full-on flashbacks, but those could work). Lovecraft's own works are out of copyright by now, so it's conveniently available online.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rhynn View Post
    Just read The Case of Charles Dexter Ward, that is like the best example of how CoC should be played (except maybe without the full-on flashbacks, but those could work). Lovecraft's own works are out of copyright by now, so it's conveniently available online.
    Like this
    "Sleeping late might not be a virtue, but it sure aint no vice. The old saw about the early bird and the worm just goes to show that the worm should have stayed in bed."

- L. Long

I think, therefore I get really, really annoyed at people who won't.

"A plucky band of renegade short-order cooks fighting the Empire with the power of cheap, delicious food and a side order of whup-ass."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

For how horrifically wrong it can go...search out Old Man Henderson...

As an example of right...very hard to find. Majority of Lovecraftian games I have ever heard of pretty much share a few common factors.

1. Oops we accidentally blew up the cultist's warehouse and are now on the run

2. Oops we actually tried to read or see something from the beyond and we are now insane.

3.Hey we circumvented the insanity rules by creating blind,deaf and illiterate characters that couldn't accidentally trigger a Shoggoth to our world by reading the cultist manual in brail.

4. When in doubt...Tommy Gun/Shotgun at point blank range in the face...then everyone died.
    Campaign Logs:

Spoiler
    Show