New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Iron Chef Optimization Challenge in the Playground LII

So our first dispute is in:

Quote Originally Posted by Macabaret View Post
    On to my first foray into the realm of judging. (You guys are going to make it easy on me this round, right? Right...?)
    Spoiler
    Show

Squeeeeeeeee! ort ort ort ort ort ort ortrot. Art oot ort ort. Art oot ort! Aroooooooo ort ort ort ort. Arort ort ort ort ort ort. Ort ort ort ort ort ortortort ort ort ort ort; Tschist! Ort ort ort ort ort. Ort ort ort ort ort ortortort ort ort ort ort. Art oot ort ort. Art oot ort! Aroooooooo ort ort ort ort. Arort ort ort ort ort ort. Nicknicknick squeeeeeeee!

ORT ORTORTORT. Ahort ort ort ort. Aroooooooo ort ort ort ort. Arort ort ort ort ort ort. Ort ort ort ort ort ortortort ort ort ort ort; Aroo. Ort ort ort ort ort ort ort ort. Ort ort ort ort.
    I am what lurks under your bridge, I am the troll...

Not sure about what I said, go back highlight it with your mouse and wham it's magically blue for sarcasm, so like everything on the internet take it with a grain of salt.

Spoiler: IC Trophies
    Show
    LIV Silver Auric Goldbones
    LVII Bronze Adlib

2. - Top - End - #422
    Banned

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Sian View Post
    Any chance if we can get to know here, 4 hours before the bell, how many submissions there is? ...

whats the odds for under/over 25.5 submissions?
    I reckon we'll get exactly that

3. - Top - End - #423
    Troll in the Playground

Neither of my submissions is going to be complete by the deadline. Just ... don't ... have ... enough ... time!

Sorry all. I'll post my ideas after the reveal.

And sadly, I won't be judging this round either.
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

*wipes forehead*

Darned procrastination. I just now managed to get in my second dish. I like how it turned out.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

... balls ... only just got an idea for a third dish ... :p

6. - Top - End - #426
    Banned

Devil

And we're in.

Got a trillion idea's running around. However, I did have one massive problem that I noticed with all of the builds I entered.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Concerns with all the discussion around the importance of the Enchantments chosen for the weapon - coupled with concerns over how many entries we seem likely to see this round - caused me to decide against entering this go-round. I may judge.
    Iron Chef in the Playground veteran since Round IV. Play as me!

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #428
    Troll in the Playground

Whew, just barely got mine in. Now I can be excited for the reveal!

Iron Chef Medals
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sir Driscoll Conia - Silver - IC L

Nick Snarespan - Gold - IC LIII

Lucy "Legs" Silvertail - Bronze - IC LXVIII

Bolfarg of Knoss - Gold - IC LXXVII

Ivarr Deathborn - Bronze - IC LXXVII

Ahmtel - Silver - IC LXXVIII

Tocke of Nessus - Gold - IC LXXIX

The Blessed Third - Silver - IC LXXXI

Galahad Galapagos - Gold - IC LXXXIV

Sai-don, Knight of the Tide - Bronze - IC LXXXIV

9. - Top - End - #429
    Bugbear in the Playground

Real life is a cruel mistress.

Could not get my builds in time.

In order to continue Iron Chef participation, I will throw my hat into the judging ring.

10. - Top - End - #430

Quote Originally Posted by Amphetryon View Post
    Concerns with all the discussion around the importance of the Enchantments chosen for the weapon - coupled with concerns over how many entries we seem likely to see this round - caused me to decide against entering this go-round. I may judge.
    Glad to see you judge, and I don't think it'll be as bad as people think.

I think this is a really complex build with the relic being included, which adds a layer of complexity to everything. I think it has a huge number of diverse applications to it, 3 screamed at me and I chose none of them. In a couple hours I will be surprised that I Vizzini'd myself.

Not sure about what I said, go back highlight it with your mouse and wham it's magically blue for sarcasm, so like everything on the internet take it with a grain of salt.

Show
    LVII Bronze Adlib

11. - Top - End - #431
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dysprosium View Post
    Real life is a cruel mistress.

Could not get my builds in time.

In order to continue Iron Chef participation, I will throw my hat into the judging ring.
    well glad to see another judge - now to wait for the reveals...

12. - Top - End - #432

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Proctor View Post
    that
    What just happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Ponies, the Kim Karsdashian of GITP.
    This is what happens when they let me DM:
    Beyond the Horizon IC / OOC
    A Time to Die: Alpha IC / Bravo IC / OOC

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm just as confused as you are. As an aside, that walrus bears an uncanny resemblance to Wilford Brimley.
    Kolyarut Avatar by Potatocubed.
    Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
    Only playing Tier 1s is like only eating in five-star restaurants [...] sometimes I just want a cheeseburger and some frogurt. Why limit yourself?
    Awards

14. - Top - End - #434

Nothing happened other than a joke about what a Walrus would put down as a dispute... it was supposed to be funny. Guess I need to work on it.

Show
    LVII Bronze Adlib

15. - Top - End - #435
    Banned

kinda odd no reveal yet... hope nothing wrong with our chairman

16. - Top - End - #436

PirateWench

Kuul I got an error saying you mailbox was full when i went to submit my entry. If i can still get it in that would be great if not I'll try my hand at the next round.

17. - Top - End - #437

Quote Originally Posted by The Viscount View Post
    I'm just as confused as you are. As an aside, that walrus bears an uncanny resemblance to Wilford Brimley.
    Or maybe Wilford has an uncanny resemblance to the Walrus. Forget the chicken or the egg, which came first: Wilford or The Walrus? Goo goo g'joob, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Proctor View Post
    Nothing happened other than a joke about what a Walrus would put down as a dispute... it was supposed to be funny. Guess I need to work on it.
    Oh it was funny, it was just the type of funny that walks up to you in the middle of a mundane subway ride and slaps you in the face with its flipper.

Quote Originally Posted by relytdan View Post
    kinda odd no reveal yet... hope nothing wrong with our chairman
    Over the past few rounds, it's actually become the norm. I'm guessing the holidays are busy for our noble chairman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Ponies, the Kim Karsdashian of GITP.
    This is what happens when they let me DM:
    Beyond the Horizon IC / OOC
    A Time to Die: Alpha IC / Bravo IC / OOC

18. - Top - End - #438
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I scrambled to have a submission ready, and found Kuulv's PM box to be full. Just dropping a line here to say that it is still full. I have a submission Kuulv, just let me know when I can resend it.

Also, I'll work on finishing up my second submission. It might be done before Kuulv is back in action, but will certainly have been done after the deadline. Is there a protocol on whether or not it would be a valid submission?

Signature of Holding

19. - Top - End - #439
    Troll in the Playground

I think I may be partially to blame for Kuul's inbox being full. I was scrambling to get my build in on time, and once I did, caught a few things that needed to be corrected, then a few more, then a few more.

So yeah, my bad.

Iron Chef Medals
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sir Driscoll Conia - Silver - IC L

Nick Snarespan - Gold - IC LIII

Lucy "Legs" Silvertail - Bronze - IC LXVIII

Bolfarg of Knoss - Gold - IC LXXVII

Ivarr Deathborn - Bronze - IC LXXVII

Ahmtel - Silver - IC LXXVIII

Tocke of Nessus - Gold - IC LXXIX

The Blessed Third - Silver - IC LXXXI

Galahad Galapagos - Gold - IC LXXXIV

Sai-don, Knight of the Tide - Bronze - IC LXXXIV

20. - Top - End - #440

I, too tried to send a build submission that was edited, (within legal time), but I am unable to do so. Hopefully it can be received later on.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Troll in the Playground

Power's back on?

Power is back on. Sorry folks, power lines iced over here (as we're currently having the coldest winter in a decade up here) so I actually haven't had power for the past 24ish hours.

Posting now - please don't post yourselves.

(as for the legal edits - I'll post what I have, then go back-thread and figure out what I need to catch up. Lots of last-minute edits, this round,so my inbox actually completely filled up)

22. - Top - End - #442
    Troll in the Playground

No worries Kuulv. When you get the chance, let me know if my after deadline entry will be viable to enter or not.

Glad to hear your power is back on.

Signature of Holding

23. - Top - End - #443
    Troll in the Playground

...that is a very tasteless joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pygmalion Agalmatophilia
    Pygmalion Agalmatophilia, The Servant of Mystra LG
    Human Paladin/MFK 6, Anointed Knight 10, Fighter 4

Background:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pygmalion was born in a traditional house in the Silver Marches of Faerun where above all they worship the Mother of Magic, the Goddess Mystra. Once he was of age he joined the temple forces as a Paladin where he trained in the holy martial arts. At the age of 20 (aka level 3) he received a gift from the temple a Shield called Galatea, which was the most beautful thing he ever saw. There are no words in Common, Undercommon, Elvish, nor Dwarven that convey the beauty Pygamilion saw in Galatea other than 'wowwy wowwy wowz'. After a year or so the temple of Mystra gave him a magic horse that was also immensely beautiful but it did not capture Pygamilion's desire the way that Galatea did.

Climbing in the ranks of Mystra's church Pygamilion he became an Anointed Knight where he prayed to Mystra for Galatea to requite his love and speak to him. As it was he could feel the love from Galatea everytime he oiled himself and her down. His prayer was answered after many years of faithful service to Mystra (at level 13) when Galatea began to speak back to him. Once Galatea was shown to be a sentient being the church members that doubted him all repented and an official wedding was performed joining the two in the holy matrimony of marriage.

Galatea was a fierce warrior for Mystra and enjoyed nothing (except her time with Pygamilion) than bashing enemies of the church. Another favorite activity of hers was to fly through the air and enjoy the freedom and the rush of the air around her.

Honestly, I could go on 'fulff' wise with 50-shades-of-grey material about 'as he rode the horse the bouncing up and down rubed his manhood on his shield'… but since this is an IC competition and not the best place for a background like this I think its best that we accept he's love Mystra and his Shield. A player could easily exchange this for the Captian America style, or any other version of the Shield Champion.

Build:
    Spoiler
    Show

STR 14 DEX 8 CON 10 INT 12 WIS 12 CHA 18

{table=head]Level | Class | Base Attack Bonus | Fort Save | Ref Save | Will Save | Skills | Feats | Class Features | Notes

1st | Paladin |
    |
    |
    |
    | +16, Craft (alchemy) 4, Handle Animal 4, Knowledge (religion) 4, Ride 4 | Improved Shield Bash (PHB p 96), Shield Specialization - Hvy (PHB II p 82) | Aura of good, detect evil, smite evil 1/day | Saving Throws reflect ability scores.

2nd | Paladin |
    |
    |
    |
    | +4, Craft (alchemy) 5, Handle Animal 5, Knowledge (religion) 5, Ride 5 | | Divine grace, lay on hands | Saving Throws reflect Divine Grace bonus

3rd | Paladin |
    |
    |
    |
    | +4, Craft (alchemy) 6, Handle Animal 6, Knowledge (religion) 6, Ride 6 | Ancestral Relic (BoED p 39) | Aura of courage, divine health | Relic is a +1 Heavy Spiked Steel Shield cost 1,220gp/1,350

4th | Mystic Fire Knight CV p 45 |
    |
    |
    |
    | +4, Knowledge (arcana) 2, Spellcraft 2 | | Bonus spell, improved spellcasting, +1 Int | This is not a dip, this is a substiution level. 2 level 1 spells a day since he has access to all of the Paladin spells they aren't listed.

5th | Mystic Fire Knight |
    |
    |
    |
    | +4, Knowledge (arcana) 4, Spellcraft 4 | | Smite evil 2/day, special mount | Relic is a +1 Heavy Spiked Steel Shield of Bashing cost 4,220gp/4,500

6th | Anointed (BoED p 49) |
    |
    |
    |
    | +4, Knowledge (arcana) 5, Knowledge (religion) 7, Ride 7, Spellcraft 5 | Shield Ward (PHBII p 82) | Anoint self- Unbroken Flesh | 3 level 1 spells a day.

7th | Anointed Knight |
    |
    |
    |
    | +4, Knowledge (arcana) 6, Knowledge (religion) 8, Ride 8, Spellcraft 6 | | Anoint ancestral weapon - Sunder Resistance | Relic is a +1 Heavy Spiked Steel Shield of Ranged Bashing cost 9,220gp/9,500

8th | Anointed Knight |
    |
    |
    |
    | +4, Knowledge (arcana) 7, Knowledge (religion) 9, Ride 9, Spellcraft 7 | | Combat Expertise (PHB p 92), +1 Str |

9th | Anointed Knight |
    |
    |
    |
    | +4, Knowledge (arcana) 8, Knowledge (religion) 10, Ride 10, Spellcraft 8 | Sword of the Arcane Order (CV p 34) | Anoint self - Holy Sight | Plead with the DM to change the name to Shield of the Arcane Order. Also, the DM needs to decide what spells you have access to, since you're an Anointed Knight of Mystra the "Mother of all Magic" its fairly arguable to say that you can get all of the level 1 spells (they are level 1 spells at 9th level), regardless spells aren't be listed. Relic is a +2 Heavy Spiked Steel Shield of Ranged Bashing cost 16,220gp/18,000

10th | Anointed Knight |
    |
    |
    |
    | +4, Knowledge (arcana) 9, Knowledge (religion) 11, Ride 11, Spellcraft 9 | | Anoint ancestral weapon - Impervious |

11th | Anointed Knight |
    |
    |
    |
    | +4, Knowledge (arcana) 10, Knowledge (religion) 12, Ride 12, Spellcraft 10 | | Power Attack (PHB p 98) | Relic is a +3 Called Heavy Spiked Steel Shield of Ranged Bashing cost 27,220gp/33,000

12th | Anointed Knight |
    |
    |
    |
    | +4, Knowledge (arcana) 11, Knowledge (religion) 13, Ride 13, Spellcraft 11 | Ride-By Attack (PHB p 99) | Anoint self - Inspired Strike, +1 Str | Relic is a +4 Called Heavy Spiked Steel Shield of Ranged Bashing cost 38,220gp

13th | Anointed Knight |
    |
    |
    |
    | +4, Knowledge (arcana) 12, Knowledge (religion) 14, Ride 14, Spellcraft 12 | | Anoint ancestral weapon - Sentience | The Relic gains sentience Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 10 with 10 ranks in both Diplomacy and Sense Motive. Relic is a +5 Called Heavy Spiked Steel Shield of Ranged Bashing cost 51,220gp/55,000.

14th | Anointed Knight |
    |
    |
    |
    | +4, Knowledge (arcana) 13, Knowledge (religion) 15, Ride 15, Spellcraft 13 | | Improved Bull Rush (PHB p 82) |

15th | Anointed Knight |
    |
    |
    |
    | +4, Knowledge (arcana) 14, Knowledge (religion) 16, Ride 16, Spellcraft 14 | Shock Trooper (CW p 112) | Anoint self - Deep Strike | Relic is a +5 Speeding Called Aporter Heavy Spiked Steel Shield of Ranged Bashing cost 77,220gp/100,000

16th | Mystic Fire Knight |
    |
    |
    |
    | +4, Knowledge (arcana) 16, Spellcraft 16 | | Spellshatter, +1 Str | Relic is a +5 Speeding Called Aporter Heavy Spiked Steel Shield of Ranged Bashing Spell Resistence (15) cost 128,220gp/130,000

17th | Fighter |
    |
    |
    |
    | +4, Handle Animal 9, Ride 17 | | Shield Charge (CW p 105) |

18th | Fighter |
    |
    |
    |
    | +4, Handle Animal 12, Ride 18 | Divine Shield (CW p 106) | Spirited Charge (PHB p 100) |

19th | Fighter |
    |
    |
    |
    | +4, Handle Animal 15, Ride 19 | | |

20th | Fighter |
    |
    |
    |
    | +4, Handle Animal 18, Ride 20 | | Shield Slam (CW p 105), +1 Str | Relic is a +5 Speeding, Called, Aporter, Heavy Spiked Steel Shield of Ranged, Bashing, Spell Resistent(15), Improved Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire and Sonic resistant (20) cost 338,220gp/380,000 [/table]

Summaries:
    Spoiler
    Show
    At 5th level, Good defensive qualities, able to wear Full Plate, has an awesome Shield (relic), Good saves, Decent HP. The Shield Bash does 2d6+3 (treated at 3 sizes larger). Has minor spell casting capabilities.

At 10th level, the big increases from 5 to 10 are you've now gained access to Wizard spells, the Shield is now able to be a Ranged Weapon that deals 3d6+5 damage (the ranged quality sets it at 1d8, shield spikes adds 1 increase and bashing adds 2). Also gained DR 3/-.

At 15th level, here damage starts getting good with the Deep Strike Shock Trooper charge (and you got the AC to spare) 4d6+34, ranged does 3d6+10. He can teleport with Aporter.

At 20th level, you now get the stunning and trip effect with a charge, the shield does 8d6+94, ranged does 3d6+11. The relic also offers some good defense against energy types, spell resistance, etc.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Troll in the Playground

Fear his mighty steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Swordrider
    Jason Swordrider
    Human Warblade 5/Anointed Knight 10/Warblade +5

"So what do you do?"

The four had met in a tavern, and now exchanged pleasantries, determining if they were a good match for going on a quiet to defeat the evil lich archmage. Standard fare.

"I ride a sword," Jason answered from within his heavy armor.

The wizard, cleric, and rogue were quiet for a moment.

"You...ride a sword?" The tiny kleptomaniac halfling repeated.

"Yep. I hit things with weapons, too, but I do it while riding a sword."

"He's probably referring to some obscure type of mount, not an actual sharp metal stick," the holy warrior of Pelor commented.

"Nope. A giant sword. I ride it."

"I presume it is animated, somehow?" The elven mage asked.

"Yes. And it talks to me."

Everyone started to get up and leave.

"Wait, don't go," Jason said, getting up out of his chair. "See, I put these magic oils on it, and--" But they were already gone. Jason shrugged and took the needle-like weapon out of his pocket, and stared down at it. "So what do you think?"

High up in the sky, Jason stood on the broad side of his sword. It was now of vast proportions, tot he point that one could easily stand on the broad side. He practiced his various sword swings, periodically charging up and down the length of the sword to refine his charging skills.

Getting tired, he decided he'd like to do something a bit more mentally-oriented. He walked over to the hilt of the sword and opened his portable hole on it.

"More alchemy?" the sword asked him.

"Yes. I'm running low on acid and fire. They're how you kill a swarm, you know." To clean the sweat off him, he cast one of the only spells he knew: Prestidigitation. He'd learned a few minor magics as a precocious kid, which was why he had the knack for alchemy nowadays. The trick to keeping a simple flask of alchemist's fire viable against the more powerful monsters was rather simple: you throw it really, really hard. It was good for killing the nasty regenerating creatures. And there his thoughts went of on a tangent again. He laughed to himself, pull out his alchemy set, and started brewing up some weapons-in-vials.

The battle against the ancient red dragon was going poorly for the group. The elven wizard had been in and out of consciousness, the cleric was trying desperately to keep him up, and the rogue was ineffectually hacking at the dragon's thick hide. Without a flanking buddy, getting to the dragon's squishy parts was impossible.

After healing up the wizard for the fourth time, the cleric helped him to his feet. The wizard groaned and looked up.

"Is that a flying sword?" he muttered.

As if on cue, a vial of acid slammed into the dragon's head. It roared at the stinging, just as the blade of a colossal sword descended onto one of the creature's wing.

Sitting with his legs around the handle was Jason, having already drawn a lance midway down. The lance's point pierced the great beast's flank. The combination of charges left the creature reeling, and it awkwardly flopped away to cast a spell.

"What was that?" the rogue called up at Jason, pursuing the dragon.

"Obscure anime fightin' trick about charging," Jason replied.

"Plus a flask of acid," the sword added.

Before the rogue could boggle at the sword talking, a Disintegrate ray struck the sword. It seemed to have full effect, but the weapon was too durable to fall to a single ray. Jason slashed at the air. "Okay, it's ready again. Fightin' trick, go!" He called out whipping out another flask of acid in a free hand, as the sword carried him in a charge to the dragon again. Like before, he hurled the acid at the dragon and then struck with his lance, along with his riding sword's strike as well.

More blows were traded, this time with the help of the rogue, which gave the wizard and cleric enough time to launch off their own spells. The battle ended shortly thereafter, under the might of two spellcasters and a giant flying sword, which was also still a thing.

"So what's your secret?" the cleric asked, back in the tavern. Jason held his mug in one hand, and his now-shrunken sword in the other, the sword being about the size of a pencil at the moment.

"Alchemy. I learned just enough magic to do it as a kid, and there's more to it than just the acid that I like to throw." He held up the tiny sword.

"He rubbed an oil on me and woke up my mind. I never realized how boring life was before then." The sword would have shrugged, if it had shoulders.

"Not just that. I've made my body tougher, and my sword, too. There's a lot you can do. I'm thinking of brewing up a special wine to christen this guy."

"Because I don't have a name yet."

"We're getting there," Jason answered, and put the sword back in his pocket.

The rogue coughed. "So...you really do 'ride a sword'. And it does talk to you."

"You can never have too much sword," Jason answered, then smiled behind his armor.
    {table=head]Ability scores|Point Buy|Level Up Increases|Level 20 total
    STR|16|+3 (12, 16, 20)|19
    DEX|8||8
    CON|14||14
    INT|14||14
    WIS|8||8
    CHA|16|+2 (4, 8)|18[/table]

Spoiler: Build Table and Maneuvers
    Show

{table=head]Level|Class|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Skills|Feats|Class Features

1st|Warblade 1|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |Concentration 4, Craft (alchemy) 4, Diplomacy 4, Intimidate 4, Knowledge (Arcana) 2, Ride 2, Spellcraft 2|Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Any)B, Magical Training|Battle clarity (Reflex saves), weapon aptitude

2nd|Warblade 2|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |Concentration 5, Craft (alchemy) 5, Diplomacy 5, Intimidate 5, Knowledge (Arcana) 2.5, Ride 2.5, Spellcraft 2.5||Uncanny dodge

3rd|Warblade 3|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |Concentration 6, Craft (alchemy) 6, Diplomacy 6, Intimidate 6, Knowledge (Arcana) 3, Ride 3, Spellcraft 3|Ancestral Relic|Battle ardor (critical confirmation)

4th|Warblade 4|
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |Concentration 7, Craft (alchemy) 7, Diplomacy 7, Intimidate 7, Knowledge (Arcana) 3, Ride 3.5, Spellcraft 3, Balance 2||

5th|Warblade 5|
    +5
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |Concentration 8, Craft (alchemy) 8, Diplomacy 8, Intimidate 8, Knowledge (Arcana) 3, Ride 4, Spellcraft 3, Balance 4|Quick DrawB|

6th|Anointed Knight 1|
    +6
    |
    +6
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |Concentration 9, Craft (alchemy) 9, Diplomacy 9, Intimidate 8, Knowledge (Arcana) 3, Ride 5, Spellcraft 3, Balance 4|Combat ReflexesB, Brutal Throw|Anoint self

7th|Anointed Knight 2|
    +7
    |
    +7
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |Concentration 10, Craft (alchemy) 10, Diplomacy 10, Intimidate 8, Knowledge (Arcana) 3, Ride 6, Spellcraft 3, Balance 4||Anoint ancestral weapon

8th|Anointed Knight 3|
    +8
    |
    +7
    |
    +2
    |
    +4
    |Concentration 11, Craft (alchemy) 11, Diplomacy 11, Intimidate 8, Knowledge (Arcana) 3, Ride 7, Spellcraft 3, Balance 4|Power AttackB|

9th|Anointed Knight 4|
    +9
    |
    +8
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |Concentration 12, Craft (alchemy) 12, Diplomacy 12, Intimidate 8, Knowledge (Arcana) 3, Ride 8, Spellcraft 3, Balance 4|Power Throw|Anoint self

10th|Anointed Knight 5|
    +10
    |
    +8
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |Concentration 13, Craft (alchemy) 13, Diplomacy 13, Intimidate 8, Knowledge (Arcana) 3, Ride 9, Spellcraft 3, Balance 4||Anoint ancestral weapon

11th|Anointed Knight 6|
    +11
    |
    +9
    |
    +3
    |
    +6
    |Concentration 14, Craft (alchemy) 14, Diplomacy 14, Intimidate 8, Knowledge (Arcana) 3, Ride 10, Spellcraft 3, Balance 4|Improved Bull RushB|

12th|Anointed Knight 7|
    +12
    |
    +9
    |
    +3
    |
    +6
    |Concentration 15, Craft (alchemy) 15, Diplomacy 15, Intimidate 8, Knowledge (Arcana) 3, Ride 11, Spellcraft 3, Balance 4|Shock Trooper|Anoint self

13th|Anointed Knight 8|
    +13
    |
    +10
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    |Concentration 16, Craft (alchemy) 16, Diplomacy 16, Intimidate 8, Knowledge (Arcana) 3, Ride 12, Spellcraft 3, Balance 4||Anoint ancestral weapon

14th|Anointed Knight 9|
    +14
    |
    +10
    |
    +4
    |
    +7
    |Concentration 17, Craft (alchemy) 17, Diplomacy 17, Intimidate 8, Knowledge (Arcana) 3, Ride 13, Spellcraft 3, Balance 4|CleaveB|

15th|Anointed Knight 10|
    +15
    |
    +11
    |
    +4
    |
    +8
    |Concentration 18, Craft (alchemy) 18, Diplomacy 18, Intimidate 8, Knowledge (Arcana) 3, Ride 14, Spellcraft 3, Balance 4|Hurling Charge|Anoint self

16th|Warblade 6|
    +16
    |
    +12
    |
    +5
    |
    +9
    |Concentration 19, Craft (alchemy) 19, Diplomacy 19, Intimidate 8, Knowledge (Arcana) 3, Ride 16, Spellcraft 3, Balance 4||Improved uncanny dodge

17th|Warblade 7|
    +17
    |
    +12
    |
    +5
    |
    +9
    |Concentration 20, Craft (alchemy) 20, Diplomacy 20, Intimidate 8, Knowledge (Arcana) 3, Ride 18, Spellcraft 3, Balance 4||Battle cunning (damage)

18th|Warblade 8|
    +18
    |
    +13
    |
    +5
    |
    +9
    |Concentration 21, Craft (alchemy) 21, Diplomacy 21, Intimidate 8, Knowledge (Arcana) 3, Ride 20, Spellcraft 3, Balance 4|Double Team|

19th|Warblade 9|
    +19
    |
    +13
    |
    +6
    |
    +10
    |Concentration 22, Craft (alchemy) 22, Diplomacy 22, Intimidate 8, Knowledge (Arcana) 3, Ride 22, Spellcraft 3, Balance 4|White Raven DefenseB|

20th|Warblade 10|
    +20
    |
    +14
    |
    +6
    |
    +10
    |Concentration 23, Craft (alchemy) 23, Diplomacy 23, Intimidate 8, Knowledge (Arcana) 3, Ride 23, Spellcraft 3, Balance 6||[/table]

{table=head]Character Level|Maneuvers Known|Maneuvers Readied|Stances Known|Initiator Level|Maximum Maneuver Level
    1|3|3|1|1|1
    2|4|3|1|2|1
    3|5|3|1|3|2
    4|5|4|2|4|2
    5-15|6|4|2|5-10|3-5
    16|6|4|2|11|6
    17|7|4|2|12|6
    18|7|4|2|13|7
    19|8|4|2|14|7
    20|8|5|3|15|8[/table]

Maneuvers learned, in chronological order (Character Level)
    (1) Steel Wind
    (1) Moment of Perfect Mind
    (1) Sapphire Nightmare Blade
    (1, stance) Leading the Charge
    (2) Charging Minotaur
    (3) Mountain Hammer
    (4, stance) Punishing Stance
    (4) Replace Sapphire Nightmare Blade with Battle Leader's Charge
    (5) White Raven Tactics
    (17) War Leader's Charge
    (18) Replace Steel Wind with Iron Heart Surge
    (19) Iron Heart Endurance
    (20, stance) Dancing Blade Form

Level 5
    Spoiler
    Show
    At low levels, Jason Swordrider is a rather basic Warblade, with a penchant for charging at things (Battle Leader's Charge, Leading the Charge). He has Exotic Weapon Proficiency, so he can pick up pretty much whatever weapon he feels like by simply using Weapon Aptitude to change what the feat is keyed to. Ancestral Relic also nigh-guarantees getting a good weapon.

Magical Training is a bit of an odd choice, but it makes Jason an arcane spellcaster. That means he can use Eternal Wands and can craft alchemical items. Thus, he can have acid or alchemist's fire in the case of swarms and other problems that cannot be solved by hitting them. For the actual spells, pick the Wizard option, and learn Repair Minor Damage, Prestidigitation (because it's the best cantrip), and one other useful cantrip of your choice. Maybe Daze, as it's not bad at level 1.

His Charisma score is unusually high for a Warblade, but he takes advantage of that by putting points into Diplomacy--and for the low levels, Intimidate. Diplomacy means he won't be a one-trick pony when there's a problem that cannot be solved by hitting it with a stick.

Expected Ancestral Weapon Quality: +1 Greatsword

Level 10
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the part where things get interesting. After entering Anointed Knight, Jason has taken the Power Throw chain, using AK's bonus feat to snag Power Attack. This allows his to Power Attack with thrown weapons, and this includes vial of acid and alchemist's fire--starting at level 9, the energy damage from these items can become more relevant in his hands, and may be useful throughout his entire career. He's got Quick Draw; he can full attack with them.

He has also received two iterations of Anoint Self and Anoint Ancestral Weapon. He chooses Celestial Strategy, which will become relevant later, and Unbroken Flesh for his two self-anointments. There's no special synergy, but Unbroken Flesh improves his defenses, along with AK's heavy armor proficiency that Warblade lacks. This is compatible with Iron Ward Diamonds and such. Starting with d12 hit dice and with a strong Con modifier, DR makes him a better tank--and with Power Attack and maneuvers, he can't simply be ignored.

Besides, he needs to be alive for his weapon to do it's job. Observe:

Expected Ancestral Weapon Quality: +1 (or +2) Flying Sizing Greatsword

As early as 8th level, Jason can make his greatsword +1 Flying Sizing. This means that the sword functions as an animated object that has a 30' fly speed, but its HP doesn't change. With Sizing, the greatsword can become Colossal, bringing its HP as a weapon to 160, its attack bonus to +25 with a slam damage of 4d6+13, and giving it a bunch of reach. Which is a very cool toy to have. Jason typically rides the sword, sitting in the handle while ordering it around and hitting things with a second, less-awesome greatsword, harpoon, or series of alchemical vials. He can also apply Leading the Charge and White Raven Tactics to the giant sword, and it can cart him around as a source of permaflight in open spaces. This is potent, but it's not exactly cheesing your way into godhood--a Colossal Animated Object is only CR 10, not, like, 23.

The weapon anointments chosen are Sunder Resistance and Impervious. These are relevant because they make the weapon more tanky. He also increases its enhancement bonus to +2 to give it more HP and hardness. With the anointments and enhancements, his weapon has Hardness 23 and 230 HP.

I strongly recommend items to increase the tankiness: a Lesser Crystal of Adamant Weaponry and an Eternal Wand of Augment Object are both good picks to improve the item's hardness and HP. Buy items like these at your own pace. Jason can also get a Wand or Eternal Wand of Animate Weapon--using this on the flying sword makes it use different mechanics to resolve its attacks. This optional but potent buff means that his sword will get, as bonuses, its enhancement bonus to hit and damage, his Intelligence modifier to hit, and will do 8d6+13 damage instead of 4d6+13.

Even if you can't get these items--a lot is being spent on an ancestral relic, after all--the flying sword is a good beatstick for this level on its own. I would recommend the Eternal Wand of Augment Object over dumping loot into upgrading to +2; get the former first if your DM allows you to get that kind of loot.

If you're willing to wait until level 9 instead of 8, get Jason's sword made Dwarvencraft instead of merely Masterwork when he acquires it. This adds 2 hardness and 10 HP.

There are a variety of options to buff up the sword's defenses; I'm merely presenting the good ones so you can pick as your table and optimization level prefers.

If the weapon gets damaged, heal it with Wands or Eternal Wands of Repair Light Wounds, beg the arcane casters to fix Jason's beatstick, or you're really out of luck, cast Repair Minor Damage several times a day.

Level 15 (sweet spot)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Finishing up Anointed Knight gives goodies. A bonus feat allows filling the prereqs for Shock Trooper, which needs no introduction. The third bonus feat isn't quite as useful, but Cleave is good on a character that can Leading the Charge + Battle Leader's Charge + Shock Trooper.

Two more copies of Anoint Self grant Deep Strike and Inspired Strike. Jason's new Hurling Charge feat allows him to charge at a target, chuck a Shock Trooper'd Harpoon or vial of acid/alchemist's fire and augment the damage with Deep Strike, then Quick Draw a greatsword/lance and hit with that as well. With Leading the Charge, Battle Leader's Charge, and Shock Trooper, a single flask of acid can do a huge amount of pure energy damage.

When the target removes a Hurling Charge harpoon, they take damage equal to the amount it dealt going in--which can includes the Deep Strike damage. Inspired Strike, besides just being a good ability in general, lets Jason almost instantly recover maneuvers: "You can recover all expended maneuvers with a single swift action, which must be immediately followed in the same round with a melee attack or..." Swift action to recover, free action to attack, now use the maneuver Jason used last round and want to activate again. Yeah, see how the other guys react when he initiates Battle Leader's Charge twice in a row.

Anoint Weapon grants Sentience. The weapon is also an animated object. So, it's an intelligent animated object. Let's put the 14s in Int and Wis, and the 10 in Cha. What happens? Well, the weapon's terrible Will save shoots up by +7. But more importantly, it is no longer mindless.

It has an Intelligence score and Hit Dice. That means it gets feats. (And 4 skill points per Hit Die.) 32 Hit Dice worth of feats.

Recommended feats include Combat Reflexes, Double Team, Improved Unarmed Strike and the Shock Trooper chain so that the weapon's decreasingly-relevant 4d6+13+(Leading the Charge, if in use) damage is important again.

Expected Ancestral Weapon Quality: +2 Morphing Metalline Flying Sizing Greatsword. Metalline, converting the weapon into adamantine, gives more hardness and HP for its cost than another +2.

Note the Morphing. It's useful for stuff like turning the sword into a spiked chain, in order to fight in narrow corridors of dungeons, where it can flex around corners.

The following section applies to games with DMs who like player creativity and stuff like that; pure RAW DMs would probably invoke the grapple rules. When you can't get away with having a giant sword flying around--such as the dungeon being too small or something--of if you just don't want a mount today, you can find other uses for the weapon. Turn it into a Huge Spiked Chain and let it wrap itself around your torso a few times; if you have armor; you won't be stabbed everywhere, and if you have armor spikes, the holes in the chain should interlock with them snugly. At Huge size, the chain should be rather bulky, but of manageable volume when wrapped around you. Then, the chain can use its fly speed to drag you around as a light load wherever it wants. This is an all-day permaflight method. It moves outside of your turn, independent of your own action costs, and is a valid target for White Raven Tactics. Compared to this, Pounce is almost suboptimal! The DM might rule that it takes up your torso body slot, but you were going to use a magic item anyway.

Level 20
    Spoiler
    Show
    The good stuff already happened, but Jason can cap off his progression with more Warblade. Double Team, when used with the flying sword's Double Team, makes them a great pair--when they're both threatening something (and that's what should be going on anyway when Jason is mounted on the thing), they're considered to be flanking the target. Free +2 to hit. Also, Battle Cunning kicks in, giving Jason +Int to damage. This basically means that, while mounted, he gets +2 to hit and +Int to damage unless he's throwing stuff. We couldn't have done it without Celestial Strategy. There's also something about a bonus feat--White Raven Defense; why not. We can give Jason and his beatstick a bit more AC with that.

The maneuvers are fairly standard. We're upgrading to War Leader's Charge, but otherwise, nothing notable.

Expected Ancestral Weapon Quality: +5 Morphing Metalline Flying Sizing Greatsword. There's more GP value available, but it's not actually important. Use that WBL for something else.

Note that +25 to hit is weak at that level, so you'll either be using an Animate Weapon (eternal) wand to keep the sword relevant, or using it as a flight item as described above.

Sources
    Spoiler
    Show
    Core
    Book of Exalted Deeds: Anointed Knight, Ancestral Relic
    Magic of Faerun: Flying weapon enhancement
    Players Guide to Faerun: Magical Training
    Stormwrack: Harpoon
    Magic Item Compendium: Metalline weapon enhancement, Sizing weapon enhancement. Optionals: Iron Ward Diamond, Crystal of Adamant Weaponry, Eternal Wand
    Complete Adventurer: Brutal Throw, Power Throw
    Complete Warrior: Shock Trooper
    Tome of Battle: Warblade, maneuvers, and White Raven Defense
    Miniatures Handbook: Hurling Charge
    Dragon Compendium: Double Team
    Spell Compendium: Repair Light Damage, Repair Minor Damage

Optionals:
    Stronghold Builder's Guide: Augment Object
    Complete Mage: Animate Weapon

25. - Top - End - #445
    Troll in the Playground

For Khaz Modan!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthic Anzaim
    Arthic Anzaim
    {table=head]Level|Class|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Skills|Feats|Class Features

1st|Dwarf paragon 1|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |Craft(Alchmey) 4 ranks, Knowledge (Arcane) 2 ranks, Spellcraft 2 ranks| Tunnel fighting|Craft Expertise, Improved Stonecunning

2nd|Dwarf Paragon 2|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |Craft(Alchmey) 5 ranks, Knowledge (Arcane) 2.5 ranks, Spellcraft 2.5 ranks|New Feats|Improved darkvision, Save Bonus, (craft expertise now grants a +2 bonus)

3rd|Dwarf Paragon 3|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |Craft(Alchmey) 6 ranks, Knowledge (Arcane) 3 ranks, Spellcraft 3 ranks| Ancestral relic|(+2 Con)

4th|Dwarf Paragon 3/Dwarf fighter 1|
    +4
    |
    +5
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |Craft(Alchmey) 7 ranks, Knowledge (Arcane) 3.5 ranks, Spellcraft 3.5 ranks|feat|Axe focus, +1 Str

5th|Dwarf paragon 3/ Dwarf fighter 2|
    +5
    |
    +6
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |Craft(Alchmey) 8 ranks, Knowledge (Arcane) 4 ranks, Spellcraft 4 ranks|New Feats| Bonus feat (Stoneback)

6th|Dwarf paragon 3/ Dwarf fighter 2/ Annointed knight 1|
    +6/1
    |
    +8
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |Craft(Alchmey) 8 ranks, Knowledge (Arcane) 4 ranks, Spellcraft 4 ranks, Concentration 3 ranks |Shield wall|Anoint self (Holy sight)

7th|Dwarf paragon 3/ Dwarf fighter 2/ Annointed knight 2|
    +7/2
    |
    +9
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |Craft(Alchmey) 8 ranks, Knowledge (Arcane) 4 ranks, Spellcraft 4 ranks, Concentration 5 ranks, Ride 1 rank|New Feats|Anoint ancestral weapon (Good weapon)

8th|Dwarf paragon 3/ Dwarf fighter 2/ Annointed knight 3|
    +8/3
    |
    +9
    |
    +2
    |
    +4
    |Craft(Alchmey) 8 ranks, Knowledge (Arcane) 4 ranks, Spellcraft 4 ranks, Concentration 5 ranks, Ride 4 rank|New Feats|Bonus feat (Combat expertise), +1Cha

9th|Dwarf paragon 3/ Dwarf fighter 2/ Annointed knight 4|
    +9/4
    |
    +10
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |Craft(Alchmey) 8 ranks, Knowledge (Arcane) 4 ranks, Spellcraft 4 ranks, Concentration 5 ranks, Ride 5 rank, Diplomacy 1 rank|Phalanx fighting|Anoint self (Celestial Strategy)

10th|Dwarf paragon 3/ Dwarf fighter 2/ Annointed knight 5|
    +10/5
    |
    +10
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |Craft(Alchmey) 8 ranks, Knowledge (Arcane) 4 ranks, Spellcraft 4 ranks, Concentration 5 ranks, Ride 5 ranks, Diplomacy 2.5 ranks|New Feats|Anoint ancestral weapon (Sunder Resistance)

11th|Dwarf paragon 3/ Dwarf fighter 2/ Annointed knight 6|
    +11/+6/+1
    |
    +11
    |
    +3
    |
    +6
    |Craft(Alchmey) 8 ranks, Knowledge (Arcane) 4 ranks, Spellcraft 4 ranks, Concentration 5 ranks, Ride 5 ranks, Diplomacy 4 ranks|New Feats|Bonus feat (Power attack)

12th|Dwarf paragon 3/ Dwarf fighter 2/ Annointed knight 7|
    +12/+7/+2
    |
    +11
    |
    +3
    |
    +6
    |Craft(Alchmey) 9 ranks, Knowledge (Arcane) 4 ranks, Spellcraft 4 ranks, Concentration 5 ranks, Ride 5 ranks, Diplomacy 5 ranks|Moradin's smile|Anoint self (Unbroken Flesh), +1 cha

13th|Dwarf paragon 3/ Dwarf fighter 2/ Annointed knight 8|
    +13/+8/+3
    |
    +12
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    |Craft(Alchmey) 10 ranks, Knowledge (Arcane) 4.5 ranks, Spellcraft 4.5 ranks, Concentration 5 ranks, Ride 5 ranks, Diplomacy 5 ranks|New Feats|Anoint ancestral weapon (Impervious)

14th|Dwarf paragon 3/ Dwarf fighter 2/ Annointed knight 9|
    +14/+9/+4
    |
    +12
    |
    +4
    |
    +7
    |Craft(Alchmey) 11 ranks, Knowledge (Arcane) 5 ranks, Spellcraft 5 ranks, Concentration 5 ranks, Ride 5 ranks, Diplomacy 5 ranks|New Feats|Bonus feat (Improved Sunder)

15th|Dwarf paragon 3/ Dwarf fighter 2/ Annointed knight 10|
    +15/+10/+5
    |
    +13
    |
    +4
    |
    +8
    |Craft(Alchmey) 12 ranks, Knowledge (Arcane) 5 ranks, Spellcraft 5 ranks, Concentration 5 ranks, Ride 5 ranks, Diplomacy 6 ranks|Power critical (Ancestral weapon)|Anoint self (Inspired Strike)

16th|Dwarf paragon 3/ Dwarf fighter 2/ Annointed knight 10/ Kensai 1|
    +15/+10/+5
    |
    +13
    |
    +4
    |
    +10
    |Craft(Alchmey) 14 ranks, Knowledge (Arcane) 5 ranks, Spellcraft 5 ranks, Concentration 5 ranks, Ride 5 ranks, Diplomacy 7 ranks, Knowledge (nobility and royalty) 2 ranks|New Feats|Signature weapon (Ancestral weapon), +1 Con

17th|Dwarf paragon 3/ Dwarf fighter 2/ Annointed knight 10/ Kensai 2|
    +16/+11/+6/+1
    |
    +13
    |
    +4
    |
    +11
    |Craft(Alchmey) 15 ranks, Knowledge (Arcane) 5 ranks, Spellcraft 5 ranks, Concentration 5 ranks, Ride 5 ranks, Diplomacy 8 ranks, Knowledge (nobility and royalty) 5 ranks|New Feats|Power surge

18th|Dwarf paragon 3/ Dwarf fighter 2/ Annointed knight 10/ Kensai 3|
    +17/+12/+7/+2
    |
    +14
    |
    +5
    |
    +11
    |Craft(Alchmey) 15 ranks, Knowledge (Arcane) 5.5 ranks, Spellcraft 5.5 ranks, Concentration 5 ranks, Ride 5 ranks, Diplomacy 10 ranks, Knowledge (nobility and royalty) 5 ranks|Clan Prestige (Anzaim)|New Class Abilities

19th|Dwarf paragon 3/ Dwarf fighter 2/ Annointed knight 10/ Kensai 4|
    +18/+13/+8/+3
    |
    +14
    |
    +5
    |
    +12
    |Craft(Alchmey) 15 ranks, Knowledge (Arcane) 6 ranks, Spellcraft 6 ranks, Concentration 6 ranks, Ride 6 ranks, Diplomacy 10 ranks, Knowledge (nobility and royalty) 6 ranks|New Feats|Ki projection

20th|Dwarf paragon 3/ Dwarf fighter 2/ Annointed knight 10/ Kensai 5|
    +18/+13/+8/+3
    |
    +14
    |
    +5
    |
    +12
    |Craft(Alchmey) 15 ranks, Knowledge (Arcane) 6 ranks, Spellcraft 6 ranks, Concentration 10 ranks, Ride 6 ranks, Diplomacy 10 ranks, Knowledge (nobility and royalty) 7 ranks|New Feats|Withstand, +1 Con[/table]

Well to start off the base of my build is a dwarf with the stats of

Str 15
    Dex 12
    Con 18
    Int 12
    Wis 10
    Cha 10

Level 3
    Str 15
    Dex 12
    Con 20
    Int 12
    Wis 10
    Cha 10

Level 4
    Str 16
    Dex 12
    Con 20
    Int 12
    Wis 10
    Cha 10

Level 8
    Str 16
    Dex 12
    Con 20
    Int 12
    Wis 10
    Cha 11

Level 12
    Str 16
    dex 12
    Con 20
    Int 12
    Wis 10
    Cha 12

Level 16 (Before age changes added)
    Str 16
    Dex 12
    Con 21
    Int 12
    Wis 10
    Cha 12

Level 20 (Before age changes added)
    Str 16
    Dex 11
    Con 22
    Int 12
    Wis 10
    Cha 12

Arthic Anzaim Born to simple miners of Clan Anzaim, Arthic was not looked at to be going anywhere in life. The others of his clan saying long ago the ancestors had turned their back on them, though they would never say this in open, such as dwarves are. So it came as a surprise when Arthic took to the smithy as a boy with his father. All agreed the boy was a natural at the arts, and soon many higher up teachers began teaching him the intricit ways of the forge. However the call of the smithy, though interesting to him, never held his attention unless it was the odd art of alchemy. Something about turning one kind of object into another excited him and as such he spent a great deal of time exploring it when not learning how to wield an axe. And no matter what kind it be, once again the boy excelled above what one would expect. Praise was often given to him by his teachers in the dwarven arts of war after a successful training exercise in which he would pull of the perfect maneuver in which he had only seen performed once. He was called a natural, and was soon allowed to join the patrols who were more then happy to have him as word of his skill had been around for centuries now.

At the turn of one century Arthic had made a name for himself defending his clans tunnels against their racial enemies and those who would try to steal what was theirs. It was during the war however that Arthic truly became a paragon. It is said that when the orc army charged, that even though his comrades were out numbered that they held back the invasion and even repelled it after their leading officer, his father, fell in battle. Many songs are song of the dead clan wardens axe and how it drank its fill of orcish blood that week, as from father to son, passed the family axe. In truth though it was because of the training from his teachers that kept him and his comrades alive as they made a wall of shields no orc could pass, as axe and hammer, spear and shield held their advance until their numbers were to few and their losses to great they retreated from the dwarves who would not budge. They had created a legion that day as Arthic returned covered in the blood of 50 orcs, his fathers axe never leaving his hand.

Spoiler: Levels 1-5
    Show
    At this early stage in the build the character is simply coming into its own, focusing on his ancestors and the way in which they fight, and learning the techniques in which to do battle. The improved darkvision allows him to see farther then most dwarves, giving him a clear edge in the dark against similar enemies. And helping him have at least a small warning should ever a drow army invade. Though not by a large margin the build even begins to pull away from other dwarves with its saves thanks to dwarven paragon. The dwarven fighter levels grant him an added bonus of weapon focus for all axes, and though late on in the game, the added +1 to hit, with the extra hp allow this build to stay alive.

Suggestions :Instead of the dwarven fighter levels I could of instead taken levels in ranger, going the twf tree and taking orc as a favored enemy do to not only his race, but also his life experiences. This would then lead to feats more focused on shield bashing instead of pure defense. For items I would have to suggest something that would improve both Strength as well as Constitution. Perhaps even a belt of battle.

After that day when he came home covered in the blood of his orcish enemies Arthic was offered control of his fathers old band that he had led to victory in the battle. However he turned the offer down, saying that their were those who came before him who deserved the right more then him. In truth it was because he was working more and more with Alchmey to strengthen both his own body, as well as his fathers axe. Having it reforged into a blade made of the hardest metal, and a haft of gold mixed with mithral. It was his farther's axe, and now his own. For years later he continued to carve his name out threw deeds others could only dream of accomplishing. Some even began to say that Moradin had smiled on his house when he was born for he had become everything a dwarven warrior could ever hope to be, and more. Word spread all around the land of a living paragon who considered himself just another person, not above anyone else in the world. And in Arthic's case this was true. Thanks to being born to a lower class family he had learned to be humble from his parents. Never taking credit when it was due, simply saying it was his job. All he asked was to be left alone certain days, which all respected for if not for him the clan wound not have prospered as well as it had.

Spoiler: Level 6-15 The SI
    Show
    Well these levels can not really be changed, and I personally believe the flavor of the class flows very well with dwarf society. Though I did not start off with a high charisma score, I personally feel that I got some of the best abilities this class has to offer for a dwarf and his weapon. First of my ancestral weapon between being adamantine, as well as being anointed is almost immune to being sundered. And his body has become the defense the build has been built around. It now has DR, though low it did not have to be paid for. He was able to save a few feats for the kensai class due to another of its abilities, and even has a bonus to his spot and listen checks. At these levels his damage output will mostly be coming from wielding his ancestral axe in two hands and the enchantments it has on it. However his armor should be close to untouchable while fighting alongside his brothers and sisters. The chances of him not only scoring a critical have gone up, but as well as the ability to confirm it on a regular basis thanks to power critical. I believe these levels here are the sweet spot of this build personally myself even if some of the feat choices seem a bit odd, I have always been a larger fan of home made cookies, over those that come made in a box that you know are good already.

After another 50 years of service Arthic could no longer refuse the clans wishes for him to become a clan warden, and at the age of 155 Arthic took his father's place that had been left empty for all those years as the clan warden. On the day he took the title he swore to uphold tradition and everything his clan stood for. Arthic did just that as well, dying on the battlefield as an old man protecting his homeland, it was finally time for him to return to the stone once more from whence he came.

Spoiler: Level 16-20
    Show
    There were a lot of options for me to go to while I was taking levels in this months SI however the Kensai won out in my mind for the fact that it contributed to the fact that this build is about an ancestral weapon. This made me rethink the fact of not taking samurai early on instead of fighter. However I stick by my decision and feel it could not have been done many other ways at the beginning. I also enjoyed the fact that the kensai fits the dwarven theme of upholding your clan and family above all others. Thus swearing an oath to serve..

Spoiler: Sources used to create this dish
    Show

Player's Handbook 1
    Complete Warrior
    Book of Exalted Deeds
    Races of stone
    MiC

Spoiler: Ancestral weapon
    Show

Adamantine dwarvencraft Dwarven waraxe (+5 Orcbane, Magebane, Fiercebane (Orc), Collision) Intelligent item (Using the DMG rules) the four lesser powers are 10 ranks in Spot
    10 ranks in search
    10 ranks in listen
    10 ranks in knowledge (architecture and engineering)

3 greater powers are
    Item can cause fear in an enemy at will
    Magic circle against chaos

The special purpose to defend dwarven kind (Dedicated power Wielder gets a +2 luck bonus on attacks, saves, and checks) 191,830gp

Spoiler: Shield
    Show

+5 Heavy fortification Dwarven craft heavy mithral shield 101,620gp

Spoiler: Armor
    Show
    +5 Dwarvenplate 41,500gp You could add more to this, however I am a personal fan of letting the theme win out.

Spoiler: Rings
    Show

Ring of protection +5 50,000gp
    Ring of elemental command earth 200,000gp

Spoiler: Items
    Show
    Amulet of natural armor +5 50,000gp

Belt of giant strength +6 (36,000gp)
    Amulet of health +6 36,000gp
    Cloak of displacement Greater 50,000gp
    Elemental gem (earth) for added flavor

In the end you still have a little bit of money to work with, and are extremely hard to hit, especially in his dwarven homeland where the tunnels work to his advantage. And when Moral is low their is always an earth elemental ally to come and save the day.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Troll in the Playground

Now this is what I was waiting for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pere Noel
    Pere Noel, The Fourth of His Line
    NG Half-Elf Cleric 7/Anointed Knight 10/Paragon 3

Abilities
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Strength | Dexterity | Constitution | Intelligence | Wisdom | Charisma | Reason
    10 | 10 | 10 | 14 | 16 | 16 | 32-point buy
    10 | 10 | 10 | 14 | 17 | 16 | 4th level
    10 | 10 | 10 | 14 | 18 | 16 | 8th level
    10 | 10 | 10 | 14 | 19 | 16 | 11th level
    10 | 10 | 10 | 14 | 20 | 16 | 12th level
    10 | 10 | 10 | 14 | 21 | 16 | 16th level
    10 | 10 | 10 | 14 | 24 | 16 | 20th level[/table]

Build
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Level | Class | BAB | Fortitude | Reflex | Will | Skills | Feats | Class Abilities | Relic
    1st | Cleric | 0 | 2 | 0 | 2 | 16, Craft (alchemy) 4, Knowledge (arcana) 3, Knowledge (religion) 3, Profession (shopkeeper) 3, and Spellcraft (Int) 3. | Able Learner (RoD p 150) | Aura of Good, Turn Undead 5/day, Travel and Good [1] Domain, Spontaneous Domain Casting (PHBII p 37) | -
    2nd | Cleric | 1 | 3 | 0 | 3 | 4, Craft (alchemy) 5, Knowledge (arcana) 3, Knowledge (religion) 4, Profession (shopkeeper) 5, and Spellcraft (Int) 3. | - | - | -
    3rd | Cleric | 2 | 3 | 1 | 3 | 4, Craft (alchemy) 5, Diplomacy 1, Knowledge (arcana) 3, Knowledge (religion) 6, Profession (shopkeeper) 6, and Spellcraft (Int) 3. | Skill Focus - Profession (shopkeeper) | - | -
    4th | Cleric | 3 | 4 | 1 | 4 | 4, Craft (alchemy) 5, Diplomacy 3, Knowledge (arcana) 3, Knowledge (religion) 7, Profession (shopkeeper) 7, and Spellcraft (Int) 3. | - | - | -
    5th | Cleric | 3 | 4 | 1 | 4 | 4, Craft (alchemy) 5, Diplomacy 5, Knowledge (arcana) 3, Knowledge (religion) 8, Profession (shopkeeper) 8, and Spellcraft (Int) 3. | - | - | -
    6th | Cleric | 4 | 5 | 2 | 5 | 4, Craft (alchemy) 5, Diplomacy 7, Knowledge (arcana) 3, Knowledge (religion) 9, Profession (shopkeeper) 9, and Spellcraft (Int) 3. | Ancestral Relic (BoED p 39) | - | MW Double Chariot (A&E p 56) +3 Profession (shopkeeper)[2]
    7th | Cleric | 5 | 5 | 2 | 5 | 4, Craft (alchemy) 5, Diplomacy 9, Knowledge (arcana) 3, Knowledge (religion) 10, Profession (shopkeeper) 10, and Spellcraft (Int) 3. | - | [3] | MW Double Chariot (A&E p 56) +6 Profession (shopkeeper)
    8th | Anointed Knight (BoED p 49) | 6 | 7 | 2 | 7 | 4, Craft (alchemy) 5, Diplomacy 10, Knowledge (arcana) 3, Knowledge (religion) 11, Profession (shopkeeper) 11, Handle Animal 1, and Spellcraft (Int) 3. | - | Anoint self - Holy Sight | MW Double Chariot (A&E p 56) +9 Profession (shopkeeper)
    9th | Anointed Knight | 7 | 8 | 2 | 8 | 4, Craft (alchemy) 5, Diplomacy 11, Knowledge (arcana) 3, Knowledge (religion) 12, Profession (shopkeeper) 12, Handle Animal 2, and Spellcraft (Int) 3. | Negotiator | Anoint ancestral weapon - Good Weapon [4] | MW Double Chariot (A&E p 56) +11 Profession (shopkeeper)
    10th | Anointed Knight | 8 | 8 | 3 | 8 | 4, Craft (alchemy) 5, Diplomacy 12, Knowledge (arcana) 3, Knowledge (religion) 13, Profession (shopkeeper) 13, Handle Animal 3, and Spellcraft (Int) 3. | - | Bonus feat - Blind-Fight | -
    11th | Anointed Knight | 9 | 9 | 3 | 9 | 4, Craft (alchemy) 5, Diplomacy 13, Knowledge (arcana) 3, Knowledge (religion) 14, Profession (shopkeeper) 14, Handle Animal 4, and Spellcraft (Int) 3. | - | Anoint self - Divine Clarity (+1 Wisdom) | -
    12th | Anointed Knight | 10 | 9 | 3 | 9 | 4, Craft (alchemy) 5, Diplomacy 14, Knowledge (arcana) 3, Knowledge (religion) 15, Profession (shopkeeper) 15, Handle Animal 5, and Spellcraft (Int) 3. | Business Savvy (DMGII p 184) [5] | Anoint ancestral weapon - Sunder Resistance | -
    13th | Anointed Knight | 11 | 10 | 4 | 10 | 4, Craft (alchemy) 5, Diplomacy 15, Knowledge (arcana) 3, Knowledge (religion) 16, Profession (shopkeeper) 16, Handle Animal 6, and Spellcraft (Int) 3. | - | Bonus feat - Combat Expertise | -
    14th | Anointed Knight | 12 | 10 | 4 | 10 | 4, Craft (alchemy) 5, Diplomacy 16, Knowledge (arcana) 3, Knowledge (religion) 17, Profession (shopkeeper) 17, Handle Animal 7, and Spellcraft (Int) 3. | - | Anoint self - Unbroken Flesh | MW Double Chariot w/ SkyHandle Animalr's Platform (A&E p 50) +11 Profession (shopkeeper) [6]
    15th | Anointed Knight | 13 | 11 | 4 | 11 | 4, Craft (alchemy) 5, Diplomacy 17, Knowledge (arcana) 3, Knowledge (religion) 18, Profession (shopkeeper) 18, Handle Animal 8, and Spellcraft (Int) 3. | Dimensional Jaunt (CM p 41) [7] | Anoint ancestral weapon - sentience [8]. 14/10/14 major image 1/day and hold person 3/day. | MW Double Chariot w/ SkyHandle Animalr's Platform (A&E p 50) +19 Profession (shopkeeper)
    16th | Anointed Knight | 14 | 11 | 5 | 11 | 4, Craft (alchemy) 5, Diplomacy 18, Knowledge (arcana) 3, Knowledge (religion) 19, Profession (shopkeeper) 19, Handle Animal 9, and Spellcraft (Int) 3. | - | Bonus feat - Endurance | MW Double Chariot w/ SkyHandle Animalr's Platform (A&E p 50) +26 Profession (shopkeeper)
    17th | Anointed Knight | 15 | 12 | 5 | 12 | 4, Craft (alchemy) 5, Diplomacy 19, Knowledge (arcana) 3, Knowledge (religion) 20, Profession (shopkeeper) 20, Handle Animal 10, and Spellcraft (Int) 3. | - | Anoint self - Inspired Strike | MW Double Chariot w/ SkyHandle Animalr's Platform (A&E p 50) +32 Profession (shopkeeper)
    18th | Half-Elf Paragon[9] | 15 | 12 | 7 | 12 | 6, Craft (alchemy) 5, Diplomacy 21, Knowledge (arcana) 3, Knowledge (religion) 21, Profession (shopkeeper) 21, Handle Animal 11, and Spellcraft (Int) 3. | Divine Metamagic (CD p 80) | Bonus feat - Rapid Spell (CD p 84), divided ancestry, elven vision | MW Double Chariot w/ SkyHandle Animalr's Platform (A&E p 50) +39 Profession (shopkeeper)
    19th | Human Paragon | 16 | 12 | 7 | 13 | 6, Craft (alchemy) 5, Diplomacy 22, Knowledge (arcana) 3, Knowledge (religion) 22, Profession (shopkeeper) 22, Handle Animal 144, and Spellcraft (Int) 3. | - | Bonus feat - Repeat Spell (CA p 82), divided ancestry, elven vision | MW Double Chariot w/ SkyHandle Animalr's Platform (A&E p 50) +47 Profession (shopkeeper)
    20th | Human Paragon | 17 | 13 | 8 | 13 | 6, Craft (alchemy) 5, Diplomacy 23, Knowledge (arcana) 3, Knowledge (religion) 23, Profession (shopkeeper) 23, Handle Animal 16, and Spellcraft (Int) 3. | - | Ability boost (+2 wisdom) | MW Double Chariot w/ SkyHandle Animalr's Platform (A&E p 50) +56 Profession (shopkeeper) [/table]

Spells/Manuevers
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Level | 0th | 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th
    1st | 3 | 2+1 | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | -
    2nd | 4 | 3+1 | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | -
    3rd | 4 | 3+1 | 2+1 | - | - | - | - | - | - | -
    4th | 5 | 4+1 | 3+1 | - | - | - | - | - | - | -
    5th | 5 | 4+1 | 4+1 | 2+1 | - | - | - | - | - | -
    6th | 5 | 4+1 | 4+1 | 3+1 | - | - | - | - | - | -
    7th | 6 | 4+1 | 4+1 | 3+1 | 1+1 | - | - | - | - | -
    8th | 6 | 5+1 | 4+1 | 3+1 | 2+1 | - | - | - | - | -
    9th | 6 | 5+1 | 4+1 | 3+1 | 2+1 | - | - | - | - | -
    10th | 6 | 5+1 | 4+1 | 3+1 | 2+1 | - | - | - | - | -
    11th | 6 | 5+1 | 4+1 | 3+1 | 2+1 | - | - | - | - | -
    12th | 6 | 6+1 | 4+1 | 3+1 | 2+1 | - | - | - | - | -
    13th | 6 | 6+1 | 4+1 | 3+1 | 2+1 | - | - | - | - | -
    14th | 6 | 6+1 | 4+1 | 3+1 | 2+1 | - | - | - | - | -
    15th | 6 | 6+1 | 4+1 | 3+1 | 2+1 | - | - | - | - | -
    16th | 6 | 6+1 | 4+1 | 3+1 | 2+1 | - | - | - | - | -
    17th | 6 | 6+1 | 4+1 | 3+1 | 2+1 | - | - | - | - | -
    18th | 6 | 6+1 | 4+1 | 3+1 | 3+1 | - | - | - | - | -
    19th | 6 | 6+1 | 5+1 | 4+1 | 3+1 | - | - | - | - | -
    20th | 6 | 6+1 | 6+1 | 5+1 | 3+1 | 2+1 | - | - | - | - [/table]

Background
    Spoiler
    Show

Now, this is a story all about how my life got flipped-turned upside down.
    And I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there.
    I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Kandor.

In a metropolis born and raised, on the playground spent most of my days.
    Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool, outside my school.
    Until a couple of guys were up to no good
    Started making trouble in the neighborhood

I got in one little fight, and I got scared, jumped into a sleigh of some guy who was near
    The sliegh said fresh and it has a pine tree hanging on the mier'
    If anything I could say this sleigh was rare
    And boy was I right, it took off being flown by nine reindeer

I pulled up to a crystalline ice palace, it was the Fortress of Solitude.
    The big guy got out, gave a ho ho ho, looked in the back and yelled 'dude'.
    Saw me in plain sight, so he indoctrinated me into his business
    The magical order of Father Christmas

In the frozen north within the safety of the Fortress of Solitude (someone had to have it before Superman right?), lies the true story of Father Christmas.

Father Christmas isn't a single person like the Dread Pirate Roberts and a title that gets passed down from person to person over the years. In the beginning is started with a man named Santa Claus, and when he came of age tired of his work he retired in a tropical paradise somewhere. Then came Kris Kringle who died in a horrific sleigh accident. His apprentice Saint Nicholas (wasn't a Saint yet) took over and carried the reigns for hundreds of years before apotheosizing. Which, is were Pere Noel steps in.

After being found by the Jolly Saint Pere began his apprenticeship in the line of Father Christmas to succeed Saint Nick when he left. Pere studied the holy words and found that the poor would best be served with lots and lots and lots of money. So he studied business itself, and after years as a Cleric, he was Knighted by Saint Nick and handed the reigns of Father Christmas.

It didn't take long before Pere had nine reindeer towing him around on a magical sleigh, as well as having an intricate business network of Magic Marts 'where every purchase is magical' TM. Pere would teleport into people's houses take the profits from his business and put them in people's socks at night.

Pere served a long and fruitful life as Father Christmas as he delivered holiday cheer, nearly spotless, but one of his Reindeer did run over grandma.

If you don't rate a 5, you'll go on the naughty list.

Sleigh Team
    Spoiler
    Show

Half-Celestial Megaloceros (MM p 144, FB p 117)
    Large Outsider Naitive
    Hit Dice: 6d8+18 (45 hp)
    Initiative: +2
    Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares) Flying: 80ft good manuverability
    Armor Class: 14 (–1 size, +2 Dex, +4 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 13
    Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+13
    Attack: Gore +10 melee (1d8+9)
    Full Attack: Gore +10 melee (1d8+9)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Improved grab, stampede, toss
    Special Qualities: dark vision, scent, daylight at will, smite evil 1/day, Bless 1/day, Aid 1/day. Immune to Disease, Acid, Cold, & Electricity Resistance 10.
    Saves: Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +7
    Abilities: Str 24, Dex 14, Con 20, Int 4, Wis 15, Cha 12
    Skills: Listen +7, Spot +6
    Feats: Alertness, Endurance, Run
    Alignment: Natural Good

Business Stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show

Profit Modifier | Positive | Negative | Notes
    {table=head]Description | 91 | | 31 at level 10, 47 at level 15.
    Skill Modifier (Ranks + Wisdom modifier + Feats + Relic) | 2 | | The sleigh as a sentient being qualifies to aide another.
    Business Partners* | 10 | 5 | Specialists (in the business sense) cost 10, 30, 50, 70 and 90gp for a total of 250g. These are also known as little elves.
    Specialists | 2.5 | | This is the first upgrade.
    Upgrade | | 4 | Shops are considered high risk.
    High Risk | | 4 | The north pole is a wilderness.
    Prorata Upgrade | | 25 | The system automatically takes 25 away.
    Calculate Modifier | 10 | | Self explanitory
    Take a 10 | 115.5 | 38 | [/table]
    Total
    There is a net profit of 3,875 per month. While this isn't a lot it’s a lot more an a Profession for gold check, and when you continue to upgrade every quarter, and own more than one business it gets out of control a whole lot. This is what happens when Santa Claus and WalMart combine powers.

Since you can hire a hireling to run your business you grab a level 5 specialist to run the business, and 11 employees, and then you end up with a giant business plan that looks like this.

Footnotes
    Spoiler
    Show

[1] A number of dieties fulfill the requirement for Travel and Good and depending on your campaign your choices are Baervan Wildwanderer, Gwaeron Windstrom, Haku, Lirr, Lliira, Marthammor Duin, Mielikki, Sehanine Moonbow, Selune, Sharess, Solanil, Sovereign Host, Syeret, and Tymora. For the purposes of this competition we're going to say Sovereign Host and that this is a Pantheonic world, however as mentioned this is highly adaptable for whatever setting the DM wants.

[2] Pere sells items from the back of the chariot, using it as his store front.

[3] Pere starts to Lesser Planar Bind his reindeer (see Sleigh Team), his only job is to transport him around for 48-hours once a year so he can deliver presents to kids.

[4] A Chariot is as much a weapon as a Hammer or a Shield, it has ramming damage, rules for how it works, etc.

[5] If for some reason your DM doesn't allow for Businesses then change all the profession related stuff to Diplomacy. Don't forget the MW Diplomacy Tool, while that will start a whole other argument just note the Specialists on DMG II where they specifically list the MW Tools and Diplomats, proving once and for all that there are MW Diplomacy Tools, I imagine they are toothbrushes, or a lint brush, or maybe even a book.

[6] Now he has a flying sleigh (yeah a double chariot looks just like a sleigh). Ho ho ho.

[7] A sentient item can aide another in a skill check as well as a profit check. Boyah.

[8] What? You thought he went down the Chimney… hells no he teleports in.

[9] If you feel like some cheese exchange these last 3 levels with Crusader from ToB, put 4 ranks into Healing, and grab Augment Healing from CD, for the level 19 stance pick Aura of Chaos and then go beat people down with your MW Diplomacy Tool (improvised d2 weapon). You DM will probably throw things at you when you have an unresolvable damage situation. Also if you want to be a real butt head then, make the MW Diplomacy Tool your relic.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Troll in the Playground

He took caution while staring in to the abyss
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfire Wolfsbane
    Name: Elfire Wolfsbane

Razorclaw Shifter Warblade 5, Anointed Knight 2, Bloodclaw Master 5, Anointed Knight 8
    Spoiler
    Show

Stats

Str: 14 (6 Points)
    Dex: 15 (8 Points) AR: 17
    Con: 14 (6 Points)
    Int: 12 (4 points) AR: 10
    Wis: 8 (0 Points)
    Cha: 15 (8 points) AR: 13
    Level ups: Lvl 4 Charisma, Lvl 8,12,16 Dexterity, Level 20 Wisdom
    Final Scores: 14, 20, 14, 10, 10, 14

Alignment: Neutral Good

Background:
    Spoiler
    Show

Elfire Wolfsbane is a Shifter of the Silver Flame. During the Great Purge, there was a Shifter that was focused on eliminating the Lycanthropes, and proving that Shifters were actually alright. This shifter is the Great Grand-father of Elfire Wolfsbane, and left the Handaxe for the character in the Church of the Silver Flame in Flamekeep. Elfire Wolfsbane was given the Handaxe by one of the other church members, and has since used it in addition to his claws.

While he was fighting with the Silver Flame, he came across an ancient ritual to enhance the power of his axe, he requested help from several of the alchemists and clerics of the silver flame, seeking to know how to do this ritual. With their help, he finally unlocked the powers of his blade, but this ritual had another side effect he wasn’t expecting. The ritual unlocked powers inside of him, his shifter heritage. He was very torn about this, on one hand, he could use the powers to defeat the lycanthropes, on the other, he felt that he was becoming more like that which he hunted. He went to the Father of his church, Father Murray, a Human Cleric who had been the Father at this church for many years, and asked him his advice, to which the reply was, “Sometimes, we must take after our enemy to learn more about them, so we are better able to combat them. Have no fear in losing yourself, always keep a memory of that you love inside you, and you will never turn.” He took this to heart, learning the powers of the Shifter, as well as learning how to unlock his blade as well. He finished learning as much as he could about the shifter powers inside of him, and felt far more confident in bringing combat to his enemies, so he searched for more rituals, more ways to enhance his blade, and found some. Oils, enhancements that would give greater power to his weapon, and to himself, oils that would only work because he had taken the ritual to strengthen his blade.

Much later in his years, his power still growing from his weapon, he was surprised, when his weapon actually spoke to him, inside of his head! It told him it was the Axe of the Flame, meant to take warfare against the Flame’s enemies, the lycanthropes, and defeat them or kill them if necessary. Truly, this weapon was made for him, its powers having grown far beyond what he could have ever expected, he used it, and together, they took the war against the Lycanthropes, like long before them, in the Silver Purge.

Ancestral Weapon:
    Spoiler
    Show

3rd Level: Masterwork Flametouched Iron Handaxe
    4th Level: Flametouched Iron +1 Handaxe (Total Ancestral Relic Value: 2000)
    5th Level: Flametouched Iron +1 Handaxe (Total ARV: 2000)
    6th Level: Flametouched Iron +1 Handaxe (Total ARV: 2000)
    7th Level: Flametouched Iron +1 Handaxe of Warning (Total ARV: 8000)
    8th Level: Flametouched Iron +1 Handaxe of Warning (Total ARV: 8000)
    9th Level: Flametouched Iron +2 Handaxe of Warning (Total ARV: 18000)
    10th Level: Flametouched Iron +2 Handaxe of Warning (Total ARV: 18000)
    11th Level: Flametouched Iron +2 Handaxe of Warning, Sacred (Total ARV: 32000)
    12th Level: Flametouched Iron +2 Handaxe of Warning, Sacred (Total ARV: 32000)
    13th Level: Flametouched Iron +2 Handaxe of Warning, Sacred (Total ARV: 32000)
    14th Level: Flametouched Iron +2 Handaxe of Warning, Sacred, Holy (Total ARV: 72000)
    15th Level: Flametouched Iron +2 Handaxe of Warning, Sacred, Holy (Total ARV: 72000)
    16th Level: Flametouched Iron +2 Handaxe of Warning, Sacred, Holy, Transmuting (Total ARV: 128000)
    17th Level: Flametouched Iron +2 Handaxe of Warning, Sacred, Holy, Transmuting (Total ARV: 128000)
    18th Level: Flametouched Iron +2 Handaxe of Warning, Sacred, Holy, Transmuting, Collision(Total ARV: 200000)
    19th Level: Flametouched Iron +2 Handaxe of Warning, Sacred, Holy, Transmuting, Collision(Total ARV: 200000)
    20th Level: Intelligent Flametouched Iron +2 Everbright Handaxe of Warning, Sacred, Holy, Transmuting, Collision(Total ARV: 202000)
    Intelligent Item Bonuses:
    Intelligence: 19, Wisdom: 19, Charisma: 10
    Speech, Telepathy
    Four Lesser Powers, 2 Greater Powers, 1 Special Purpose and Dedicated Power (+15,000 GP)
    Lesser Powers:
    Locate Object 3/day
    Zone of Truth 3/day
    10 Ranks in Spellcraft
    10 Ranks in Sense Motive
    (+23,000 GP)
    Greater Powers:
    Clairvoyance 3/day
    Detect Thoughts At Will
    (+60000 GP)
    Special Purpose: Defeat/Slay Lycanthropes
    Dedicated Power:
    Wielder gets +2 Luck Bonus on Attacks, Saves, Checks
    (+80,000)
    Intelligent Item Cost: +178,000
    Total Ancestral Relic Value: 380,000.

BUILD:
    Spoiler
    Show

NAME OF ENTRY

1st|Warblade|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |Jump +4, Craft Alchemy +4, Knowledge Arcana +2, Spellcraft +2|Two Weapon Fighting|Battle Clarity, Weapon Aptitude

2nd| Warblade |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |Jump +1 Craft Alchemy +1, Knowledge Arcana +.5, Spellcraft +.5|-| Uncanny Dodge

3rd| Warblade |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    | Jump +1 Craft Alchemy +1, Knowledge Arcana +.5, Spellcraft +.5||Ancestral Relic| Battle Ardor (Critical Confirmation)

4th| Warblade |
    +4
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    | Jump +1 Craft Alchemy +1, Knowledge Local +2||-|-

5th| Warblade |
    +5
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |Jump +1, Knowledge Local +3|Improved Initiative |Bonus Feat

6th|Anointed Knight|
    +6
    |
    +6
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    | Jump +1 Craft Alchemy +1|Razorclaw Elite| Anoint Self: Celestial Strategy: Combat Reflexes.

7th| Anointed Knight |
    +7
    |
    +7
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    | Jump +1 Craft Alchemy +1|-| Anoint Ancestral Weapon: Sunder Resistance

8th|Blood Claw Master|
    +7
    |
    +9
    |
    +3
    |
    +4
    |Jump +1, Knowledge Local +.5|-| Claws of the Beast

9th| Blood Claw Master |
    +8
    |
    +10
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    | Jump +1, Knowledge Local +.5||Reactive Shifting| Superior Two Weapon Fighting, Tiger Claw Synergy (Stance)

10th|Blood Claw Master |[center]+9{/center]|
    +10
    |
    +4
    |
    +5
    | Jump +1, Knowledge Local +.5||-| Pouncing Strike, Lowlight Vision

11th| Blood Claw Master |
    +10
    |
    +11
    |
    +5
    |[center]+5{/center]| Jump +1, Knowledge Local +.5||-| Tiger Claw Synergy (Strike)

12th|Blood Claw Master |
    +10
    |
    +11
    |
    +5
    |[center]+5{/center]| Jump +1, Knowledge Local +.5||Extra Shifter Trait: Longtooth| Rending Claws, Scent

13th| Anointed Knight Level|
    +11
    |
    +11
    |
    +6
    |
    +5
    | Jump +1, Knowledge Local +.5||Dodge| Bonus Feat

14th| Anointed Knight Level|
    +12
    |
    +12
    |
    +6
    |
    +6
    | Jump +1, Knowledge Local +.5||-| Anoint Self: Unbroken Flesh: DR 3/-

15th| Anointed Knight Level|
    +13
    |
    +12
    |
    +6
    |
    +6
    | Jump +1, Knowledge Local +.5||Longtooth Elite| Anoint Ancestral Weapon: Unicorn’s Blood

16th| Anointed Knight Level|
    +14
    |
    +13
    |
    +7
    |
    +7
    | Jump +1, Knowledge Local +.5||Mobility| Bonus Feat

17th| Anointed Knight Level|
    +15
    |
    +13
    |
    +7
    |
    +7
    | Jump +1, Knowledge Local +.5||-| Anoint Self: Divine Clarity: Wisdom +1

18th| Anointed Knight Level|
    +16
    |
    +14
    |
    +7
    |
    +8
    | Jump +1, Knowledge Local +.5||Reaping Talons| Anoint Ancestral Weapon: Impervious

19th| Anointed Knight Level|
    +17
    |
    +14
    |
    +8
    |
    +8
    | Jump +1, Knowledge Local +.5||Spring Attack|Bonus Feat

20th| Anointed Knight Level|
    +18
    |
    +15
    |
    +8
    |
    +9
    |Jump +1, Craft Alchemy +1|-| Anoint Self: Inspired Strike
    [/table]
    Total Skills: Jump +23, Craft Alchemy +10, Knowledge (Arcana) +3, Spellcraft +3, Knowledge (Local) +11

Shifter Ability:
    5 Levels of Bloodclaw Master
    4 Shifter Feats
    Shifting 5/day
    Shifting Time 12+Con (14)rounds

Maneuvers:
    Spoiler
    Show

Known:
    3 1st,2 2nd, 1 3rd, 1 4th, 1 5th, 1 6th
    1st: Wolf Fang Strike, Sudden Leap, Steel Wind
    2nd Claw at the Moon, Wolf Fang Strike
    3rd Iron Heart Surge
    4th Death From Above
    5th Pouncing Charge
    6th Dancing Mongoose
    5 Maneuvers Readied
    Dancing Mongoose, Pouncing Charge, Sudden Leap, Iron Heart Surge, Death from Above
    Stances:
    1st Blood in the Water
    2nd Hunter’s Sense

Build Write up:
    Spoiler
    Show

1st Level: Pretty Standard, you’re a warblade, however you do have your shifting, so use it with two weapon fighting when you can.
    5th Level: Still warblade, however your weapon has started to pick up steam, and you have a few nice maneuvers to use, I’d focus on Tiger Claw for what we’re about to do
    10th Level: You’re halfway through your Bloodclaw Master, and it’s looking good. You picked up a few levels of Anointed Knight early, but Bloodclaw Master can’t wait until the end of the build, or it falls behind easily. Now though, it looks real good.
    12th Level: Sweet Spot: You just finished up Bloodclaw Master, you have a good amount of Shifter Feats, at this point, you have enough Shifter uses to Shift every combat you get into, and keep it up the entire time, as well as a long enough duration for it to last as well. Your weapon is picking up even more steam, and the two weapon fighting with your claw, as well as with that bite attack of yours, looks good as well.
    15th Level: You keep going through Anointed Knight, picked up some interesting bonus feats, and a nice piece of DR, as well as another piece to your Ancestral Weapon
    20th Level: Alright, here we go. You’ve finished out your build, your Ancestral Weapon looks great, there was no rules stating that you couldn’t make it Intelligent so that’s what we did. When you make it intelligent yourself, check pg 269-272, you don’t have to roll randomly, so you picked and choose exactly what would work best, a good bit of utility to go along with your combat, different scrying abilities, as well as detect thoughts at will. All of the enhancements in your weapon are to help you take out your enemy, the Lycanthropes. Transmuting gives you a way to push past Silver, you just have to wait a round. It also can get through any other damage reduction, which is why I chose it over metalline. Makes Flametouched a little redundant, but at least against creatures with DR/Good, you’ll be able to hit into them immediately.

Sources:
    Spoiler
    Show

Tome of Battle: Warblade, Bloodclaw Master, Reaping Talons, Maneuvers and Stances
    Magic Item Compendium: Warning, Sacred, Transmuting, Everbright, Collision
    Eberron Campaign Setting: Flametouched Iron, Shifter
    Races of Eberron: Shifting Feats
    Core DMG: Intelligent Item, Pg 269-272, Holy, PHB: Spring Attack, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Mobility
    Book of Exalted Deeds (SI): Anointed Knight

28. - Top - End - #448
    Troll in the Playground

From the eye of gold
    Tender maiden finds magic
    her sacred relic
    Quote Originally Posted by Drendari Shadowblade
    Drendari Shadowblade
    Human (Pheonix Clan)
    Lawful Good
    Swordsage 4 / Duskblade 3 / Anointed Knight 10 / Shiba Protector 1 / Arcane Duelist 2

Character Portrait
    Spoiler
    Show

Ability Scores:
    Spoiler
    Show

32 point buy
    {table=head]Stat|1st|4th|8th|12th|16th|20th|Final

Str|10|-|-|-|-|-|10

Dex|14|-|-|-|-|-|14

Con|13|-|-|-|-|-|13

Int|13|-|-|-|-|-|13

Wis|15|16|17|-|-|18|18

Cha|14|-|-|15|16|-|16[/table]

The Recipe:
    Spoiler
    Show

Drendari Shadow Blade

1st|Swordsage 1|
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |Craft (Alchemy) 4, Knowledge (History) 4, Knowledge (Nobility) 4, Knowledge (Religion) 2 CC, Listen 3, Perform 4, Spellcraft 2 CC, Spot 3, Tumble 4|Apprentice (Entertainer), Shadow Blade|Quick to Act +1 (Ex), Discipline Focus (Ex): Weapon Focus (Shadowhand)

2nd|Duskblade 1|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +4
    |Decipher Script +1 (1), Knowledge (Religion) +2 (4), Craft (Alchemy) +1 (5)|------------|Arcane Attunement (Sp), Armored Mage: Light (Ex)

3rd|Duskblade 2|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +2
    |
    +7
    |Decipher Script +1 (2), Knowledge (arcana) +2 (2), Spellcraft +1 (3)|Iron Will|Combat Casting

4th|Swordsage 2|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +8
    |Knowledge (Nobility) +1 (5), Hide +2 (2), Perform +1 (5), Move Silently +2 (2), Tumble +1 (5)|------------|AC Bonus (Ex)

5th|Duskblade 3|
    +4
    |
    +3
    |
    +4
    |
    +8
    |Decipher Script +1 (3), Knowledge (Arcana) +3 (5)|------------|Arcane Channeling (Su)

6th|Swordsage 3|
    +5
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +8
    |Hide +3 (5), Knowledge (History) +1 (5), Move Silently +3 (5)|Ancestral Weapon|------------

7th|Anointed Knight 1|
    +6/+1
    |
    +6
    |
    +4
    |
    +10
    |Craft (Alchemy) +2 (7), Spellcraft +2 (6)|Alertness|Annoit Self (Su): Alertness

8th|Anointed Knight 2|
    +7/+2
    |
    +7
    |
    +4
    |
    +11
    |Craft (Alchemy) +2 (9), Spellcraft +2 (8)|------------|Anoint Ancestral Weapon: Sunder Resistance (Su)

9th|Anointed Knight 3|
    +8/+3
    |
    +7
    |
    +5
    |
    +11
    |Craft (Alchemy) +2 (11), Spellcraft +2 (10)|Midnight Dodge, Combat Expertise|Bonus Feat: Combat Expertise

10th|Shiba Protector 1|
    +8/+3
    |
    +9
    |
    +5
    |
    +13
    |Concentration +4 (4)|------------|No thought

11th|Anointed Knight 4|
    +9/+4
    |
    +10
    |
    +5
    |
    +14
    |Speak Language +2 (2) cc|------------|Anoint Self: Unbroken Flesh (Su)

12th|Anointed Knight 5|
    +10/+5
    |
    +10
    |
    +5
    |
    +14
    |Speak Language +2 (4) cc|Martial Stance (Assassin's Stance)|Anoint Ancestral Weapon: Unicorn's Blood (Su)

13th|Anointed Knight 6|
    +11/+6/+1
    |
    +11
    |
    +6
    |
    +15
    |Tumble +2 (7) cc|Mobility|Bonus Feat: Mobility

14th|Arcane Duelist 1|
    +11/+6/+1
    |
    +11
    |
    +8
    |
    +17
    |Tumble +6 (13)|------------|Chosen Weapon, Enchant Chosen Weapon +1 (Ex)

15th|Arcane Duelist 2|
    +12/+7/+2
    |
    +11
    |
    +9
    |
    +18
    |Perform +1 (6), Tumble +5 (18)|Intuitive Attack|Apparent Defense (Ex)

16th|Swordsage 4|
    +13/+8/+3
    |
    +11
    |
    +10
    |
    +19
    |Hide +4 (9), Move Silently +4 (9)|------------|Discipline Focus: Intuitive Strikes (Shadow Hand)

17th|Anointed Knight 7|
    +14/+9/+4
    |
    +11
    |
    +10
    |
    +19
    |Craft (Alchemy) +4 (15)|------------|Anoint Self: Deep Strike (Su)

18th|Anointed Knight 8|
    +15/+10/+5
    |
    +12
    |
    +10
    |
    +20
    |Craft (Alchemy) +4 (19)|Gloom Razor|Anoint Ancestral Weapon: Sentience (Su)

19th|Anointed Knight 9|
    +16/+11/+6
    |
    +12
    |
    +11
    |
    +20
    |Concentration +1 (5), Craft (Alchemy) +3 (22)|Sanctify Martial Strike|Bonus Feat: Sanctify Martial Strike

20th|Anointed Knight 10|
    +17/+12/+7/+2
    |
    +13
    |
    +11
    |
    +21
    |Concentration +3 (8), Craft (Alchemy) +1 (23)|------------|Anoint Self: Inspired Strike (Su)[/table]

*Table includes increase to base save from feats and other permanent effects. Magical items or temporary changes not reflected.

*Bolded items are requirements met for feats and/or prestige classes.

Daily Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Duskblade Spells Per Day
    {table=head]Level|0lvl|1st|2nd

1st|-|-|-

2nd|3|2|-

3rd|4|3|-

4th|4|3|-

5th|5|4|-

6th|5|4|-

20th|5|4|-[/table]

Maneuvers / Stances
    {table=head]Level|Known|Readied|Stances|Initiator Level

1st|6|4|1|1

2nd|6|4|1|1.5

3rd|6|4|1|2

4th|7|4|2|3

5th|7|4|2|3.5

6th|8|5|2|4.5

7th|8|5|2|5

8th|8|5|2|5.5

9th|8|5|2|6

10th|8|5|2|6.5

11th|8|5|2|7

12th|8|5|3*|7.5

13th|8|5|3*|8

14th|8|5|3*|8.5

15th|8|5|3*|9

16th|9|5|3*|10

17th|9|5|3*|10.5

18th|9|5|3*|11

19th|9|5|3*|11.5

20th|9|5|3*|12[/table]

Manuevers Known

Desert Wind
    1-Burning Blade
    1-Distracting Ember
    1-Blistering Flourish (Traded away at level 16)
    2-Fire Riposte
    2-Flashing Sun
    4-Searing Blade (Swapped in at level 16)

Shadow Hand
    1-Shadow Blade Technique
    1-Clinging Shadow Strike
    3-Shadow Garrote
    5-Obscuring Shadow Veil

Stances Known

Shadow Hand
    1-Island of Blades
    1-Child of Shadow
    3-Assassin's Stance*

*Extra Stance granted via feat

Meyo And Chugo Lead To Yu: ECL 5
    Spoiler
    Show
    Meyo (honor) and Chugo (duty and loyalty) lead to Yu (Heroic Courage)

The ancestors must have made a mistake, granting my family a daughter that is unable to live out their ideals. I am no samurai. I lack the strength to wield a katana, the fortitude to endure the blows even within a protective robe and I lack the will to harness the powers of the elements around me to become be a Shugenja, like my sister. Yet, despite all of this, it is my duty to become a warrior. Anything else would be below my station and bring dishonor to my family. I must face the truth, that if I am to become a great warrior, I must do so by some ... other means.

To this end, I have acquired the services of a mentor, paid with my weekly allowance. Not only does he teach me of battle, for I am very aware of the great possibility that I will fail. I learn of the world; its histories, its religions, its magic and its nobility. I learn of other ways to harness magic, ways suited even to my abilities. Finally, I am taught the sword disciplines. In two areas, I am quite drawn. The flaming blade and the icy dagger, Desert Wind and Shadow Hand. These two disciplines make use of my natural agility and perception, the Shadow Hand more so though I can not quite commit myself entirely to that path. Many of its lessons take advantage of dishonorable fighting styles.

At first, I was taught humility, performing for an audience, I was disguised of course, who would laugh at my stumbles and had to learn to fuel the shame into perfection. I learned that it wasn't lack of ability or power that prevented me from excelling. It was lack of confidence and a need of practice.

-----------------------------------

Today, I took a step that has set me apart from the doubting, innocent girl I was two moons ago. I have cast my very first spell. Magic, apart from the Shugenja, is looked upon with disfavor in our clan. Too many that begin are lost, most from the arcane arts, to the taint and the draw of ever more power. We have even lost some of our Shugenja. Regardless, I have set my mind on this path of magic. To become a warrior worthy of my family, to even become a samurai, I must find a way to overcome my weaknesses. I feel I am close. I can see now that I have always felt the energies of the natural world around me and never been able to quite harnesses them. That will change. My sister is soon to come of age and will need a protector. Her power is great and will become greater. She will need someone worthy of her gifts to guard her from danger.

I will become that person...

My mentor has taken notice of my increased prowess and has passed word onto my father, in a round about manner. I have been given a family heirloom, a relic of my great-grandmother's. She was a Shugenja of some great skill and had many dealings with the spirits and other fey creatures in the deep woods. It is a surprisingly fragile-looking blade, though it is sharp and well balanced, seemingly made to fit my hand to perfection. My father informed me that when the blade had tasted the blood of a hundred enemies, I would be ready. I would be accepted into the Samurai caste.

Now, I have something to prove.

Spoiler: Breakdown
    Show

Using the apprentice feat allows us to pick up the perform skill as a class skill that will play a role later on in the build. Shadow Blade is needed to generate any relevant damage for the first few levels. The character will most likely take a ranged role until 3rd level, when she is able to afford (or inherit) a Feycrafted dagger. Being light, it will grant us the ability to use the weapon finesse feat with that damage. That gives us Dex to hit and damage while in a Shadow Hand stance. The character has, and will only have, Shadow Hand stances. She will use Ray of Enfeeblement when needed early in her career to assist in combat, though she not lacking hit points, she will take longer to drop an enemy.

Once we have reached level five, we can now use Arcane Channeling to assist with damage output. A ring of wizardy I will go a long way to help the character but probably won't be available for a while. The character is 'given' (using her WBL) her ancestral weapon at level 3 thought the feat to make it an ancestral relic will not be taken until level 6.

Yu Married With Jin Create Makoto: ECL 10
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yu (heroic courage) married with Jin (compassion) create Makoto (complete serenity)

Once I had been given Ki, the name I gave to the ancestral relic, I redoubled my efforts in the disciplines. I began to study the ways of Bushido, the standard that every samurai must adhere to. Perfection in everything you do. As eager as I was to prove myself worthy, I can not seek trouble nor can I complete my mission dishonorably, as that would go against everyone I wish to become. While I wait, I will seek to prepare myself and my blade. I will seek out new knowledge, find new magics that will not fade.

-------------------------------

I have discovered a potent elixir that, once imbued, grants unusual powers to the imbiber and it can even be used to anoint one's blade. Aside from this, the training involved to make use of these powers and ready one's body for the changes it makes, falls in line with what is desired of the best samurai, those that become protectors of our beloved Shugenja. This is what initially drew me to the study but was not all. There were notations in the pages of hidden strengths inherent in the elixir, some of the things that could be done under its influence drew me like a moth to the flame. Striking faster than one could blink, skin that ignored the touch of steel and strikes that could split stone. It even promised the ability to make a weapon near invulnerable and hinted at something more amazing, a weapon that truly lived.

I once thought the ancestors fools for allowing me to be born to my family. I think that no longer. They had planned this since the beginning. Every step of my life thus far had prepared me for the step I was about to make. Every skill needed to make the elixir, I possessed. I even possessed an ancestral relic, not any such relic, but a weapon that was called for... No, it was no coincidence. I was born for this. It was my destiny.

I made the elixir. I anointed myself and drank of its contents. It was surprisingly sweet. Nothing like what I was used to. I felt my mind expand and it seemed like the world become sharper, brighter and more solid. The elixir had brought me out of a cloud that I had been in all my life and it felt like I was seeing, hearing and tasting the world for the first time. It was days before I emerged from my rooms. My family had become worried. They had reason to, as I emerged fully dressed for battle. My new perception of the world has revealed things to me that I could not unsee and felt compelled to correct.

For the first time, I left home and wandered. I often left word for my family, letting them know I faired well and kept them updated as to my locations. I will not write of all the things I accomplished though I will say that I helped a great number of people. I had become almost supernaturally aware of the presence of taint and those that spread it. I delved into study with more fervor that I had ever possessed in the past, though I admit, much of it was beyond my ability to understand. I can only assume that the ancestors helped me retain all I needed.

My skill with Ki grew daily. I learned to how to guard myself with nothing but the dagger. In solo combat, which was rare, I grew nimble, faster. I anointed my blade for the first time and, though it still seemed fragile, the blade was harder than any metal I have ever seen. My connection with the blade blossomed and I learned how to enchant the blade with nothing more than meditation, wealth and time. It could consume vast amounts of magical energies. I soon forgot my perceived weaknesses and relished a challenge.

-------------------------------------

I was away from home for a year, perhaps a half-year more, when I received word from my family. They had sent a runner, bidding me to return for an important event. I sensed little urgency in their summons and I gave thought to not returning. In the end, I made my way home. It was my duty to answer the summons of my lord, my father. To be entirely honest, I was growing homesick and tired of the constant travel. Time to rest would be welcome.

I was in for a shock when I returned home. There appeared to be preparations for a feast of some sort and, though I wracked my mind for some kind of occasion that would warranty these festivities, I could think of none. There were faces that I did not know and many that I knew from few occasions. When word reached my father of my arrival, I was brought into his presence for an audience. My sister was present, which is unusual.

My father bade me to sit with him and we spoke in great length of what I had done over the past year. I noticed new lines in his face, I thought from worry and sadness, though I did not know the new light that danced in his eyes when he spoke to me. Then, my father did something that I never thought possible. He bowed ... to me!? I quickly lowered myself with him and tried to listen to his words. "...filled with pride... all I could hope for ..."

When I had reached adulthood, I had taken great pains to never shed tears in front of my father. When he sat back up, I felt tears spill from my eyes at the presence of tears in his eyes, unshed but present. He spoke of how word travelled back to him and how he secretly rejoiced in my accomplishments. The feast was meant for me, to celebrate my name being added to the samurai caste and to serve as an initiation into the most coveted role in our society, aside from Shugenja. I was to become a protector, a Shiba Protector, guardian to my dear sister as she reaches her maturity.

The next few days went by in a blur of disbelief and happiness. The training is going to be the most difficult I have underwent. It is not about the body. To even be considered a protector, one must be in fitness nearing physical perfection. No, the training is all about the Will. One will be trained to overcome all possible failures of the body and subside on Will alone, for it is the one thing that cannot be broken, only surrendered.

I have hoped and dreamed for this my entire life. I can not fail. It is not in me.

Show

Level 10 would have been the sweet spot as this is the level the build begins pulling ahead. It is not running at full power yet, so we'll save that for next time.

Level 6 is our last swordsage for a while and we take full advantage of that. We take our ancestral relic feat to complete our qualification for Anointed Knight. We spend the next few levels and abilities to finish qualifying for the two other prestige classes we seek to enter. Anointed Knight not only makes this possible but is center to the build. There is not enough feats to pull this off normally (save for fighter, or feat granting classes) and the first anoint self is crucial. The title Anointed'Knight' doesn't quite fit the theme of Samurai but is similar enough to hand-waive it away.

At 10th level, we have three abilities adding to damage (strength, dexterity and wisdom). We have two abilities contributing to attack (Dex replaces strength and wisdom added as a bonus). This is quickly going to create a character that is not going to miss her target, despite doing lower than average damage (more with arcane channeling). As of this moment in the build, we completely make up for having a low strength. We can trade attack for more AC with combat expertise. Saving throws are really high due to the multiple classes/prestige classes.

Makoto Bred With Gi Bears Rei: ECL 15 - Sweet Spot
    Spoiler
    Show

Makoto (complete serenity) Bred With Gi (honesty and justice) Bears Rei (polite courtesy)

Complete Serenity. I know now what the truly means. It is purity of purpose. It is walking that correct path because it is correct, rather than because it is easy or expedient. It is the total subjection of the mind over the body. The body always has a want. It is always in a state of motion, even when one is still. It is the duty of the mind to regulate that need and withhold what is not needed. My training as a protector was devastating and everything I thought it would be. I am no longer the same person I was when I entered that hall.

My training taught me the difference between how I saw the world and how it really was. As a conscious creature, one projects themselves upon the world, sees the world always through tinted lens. When the sense of self is suspended, one's eyes are truly open. I had everything built upon who I was, what my failures meant, what my accomplishments meant, how I was going to enact a change and how I was going to change the world. No longer. I am. That is the simplest truth. I exist. Any roles that I assume do not define me. My actions, the mark that I leaveon the world, the changes that last through the ages will define who I am and speak the loudest to everyone.

Meyo. Honor. I thought I understood it before. No. Honor is not something you understand. It is something you live, you breath, you show and honor is how you die. My sister... She died with Meyo. Perhaps it is something unique with the Shugenja. They seems to intuitively understand this on a far higher level that the rest of our world, our understanding which is merely a dark reflection on a dirty mirror in a pond heavy with silt.

I did not not weep when she died in my arms. I watched the light fade from her eyes and saw through her eyes the door into the next world. I did not expect her to hesitate and she did not disappoint. Her last words were of encouragement and her last order was freedom. My time as a protector was short and it was over. One is only given to one Shugenja, though one Shugenja may have many protectors over time. I was to take what I had learned and seek justice. She did not say to whom I need to bring justice. Her final breath did not have the volume for that expressive of command. What are words? Physical manifestations of our thoughts. She did not need to say, because I saw it in her eyes. I had known her for all her life and her eyes always spoke her mind.

This is why I say she knew honor. Her command was not to avenge her death, to bring justice to her killer. Her command was to go, save as many as you can. Her command was the ultimate freedom and ultimate responsibility. I did not shy from it. The assent was in my eyes as I placed the final kiss she would ever receive on her forehead and I closed her eyes to the light.

This is how I spent the one year anniversary of my initiation to the Shiba Protectors. Tragedy.

-----------------------------

For a time, I did not truly understand where my path would lead to next. I returned to my elixir and discovered the way to strengthen flesh to the point that only the most severe blows could split it. I tend to look back on this time as a numb period in my story though that is mere projection. I was beyond feeling sorry for myself and moved past the period of mourning with little hestitation. To dwell would be a dishonor. Instead, I left home and began a long journey. A journey that took me into distant lands where the name Rokugan meant nothing and I learned many languages. I met many types of peoples that, if they knew of honor, they showed little sign. They focused on themselves and how to enhance their own life.

I learned a good many new things in my travels. I visited places that knew of poisons that could cripple the tainted ones in my lands, the Oni. I learned how to combat those that did not fight with honor and understood that there is truly no honor in a fight. My lands have been in constant warfare for ages and seemed to have forgotten that in their zeal for 'standardized warfare'. To this end, I have abandoned certain aspects of honorable battle when my opponents do so.

I have even met a flowery kind of man that has taken to one of those flimsy weapons, called a rapier. He goes on about how striking fast and lightly is the best way to wear an opponent down in battle, while leaving your final blow ready for a sudden strike. Despite my initial dislike of this man, I accepted a short period of training under his leadership. His fighting style was very similar to my own, though he lacked the wisdom to see where to best strike an opponent, his blows seemingly random despite his uncanny accuracy. It became evident in short matter that the man was a trickster in battle. He would use his forceful personality and natural cunning to hide his real ability. I would not have been able to perceive the deception had I not had equal understanding of spirit. In the end, I added his fighting style to my own and on completion of his mentorship, I felt a new way of fighting completely open to me.

No longer do I solely strike using my agility and built momentum. I know where I need to strike and simply place the blade in the correct path. Sometimes, my opponent sees the same path my blade will take and deflect it. Often enough, this happens only once or twice before my blows land and impact with unnatural strength. Thus I have blended in my own deception into combat. No longer do I go for the quick strike and react if my opponent sees the path and counters. I weave a tale of confusion, deception and seduce the opponent into dropping their guard or make them believe they have understood my attack patterns. It is then that I strike, not for the kill. No, only to wound and slow. They will tire themselves out long before I grow weary.

Ki is becoming a much feared weapon. In times past, Ki serves as a channel for my arcane magics. Now, Ki is a force all of its own, weeping a sweet, syrupy substance that is a bane to all evil. I've been told it is Unicorn blood but I know not what that creature is. Ki is deceptively powerful in my hands. As an ancestral relic, she was bound to my bloodline. Now, my magic's have chosen her as their conduit and I can feel a budding presence within. Some sort of consciousness that is not fully formed.
    Show

So, why was level 15 the sweet spot? Several reasons.

First, Intuitive Attack frees us from relying on the feycrafted dagger for its granted weapon finesse. Wisdom is now added twice to attack (one replaces strength, the other adds as a bonus). This allows our to hit to skyrocket soon and makes Combat Expertise a feat that is nearly always active. This also means that if we aren't using combat expertise, nearly every attack she make will hit, barring miss chances. We could have taken Intuitive Attack earlier inthe build but it would not have helped with damage like Assassin's stance (see below) and until level 15, Dex and Wis are nearly the same bonus. No reason outside of a +1 to so to hit.

Second, Assassin's Stance grants us a stance that benefits from Shadow blade and allows us more damage. Chosen weapon basically grants us a free (stackable) +1 enhancement bonus to our chosen weapon (our ancestral relic) and that means we can find several more item enchants that only cost gold (and not an effective bonus). This increases damage potential, which is needed.

Third, CHA to AC. Now we have a use for the higher CHA demanded by Anointed Knight. We can also get CHA to saves if we drop the final level of Anointed Knight and take Witch Hunter, though this means we'll have to give up Gloom Razor later on to take track. We really don't need the extra bonus to saves.

In summary:
    Str: Still adding to damage
    Dex: Still adding to AC and to damage in Shadow Hand stance
    Con: No change
    Int: No Change
    Wis: Add twice to attack rolls. Add to damage rolls. Add to AC.
    Cha: Add to AC.

Wandering Ronin, The True Meaning of Meyo: ECL 20
    Spoiler
    Show

It was a long time until I returned home to the lands of Rokugan. I had changed in many ways and the look of the land, sun breaking over the low mountains, took on a whole new meaning. I had come to finish my training. Yes, I was a master of combat in so many ways and the thought of training under someone less skilled chaffed. I still had to learn humility after all these years. It was with no small inhalation of the scented air that I took the next step and the next and the next.

-------------------------------------

I found my old mentor after no great search. He was still in the same village, living in the same house and enjoying the sounds of little feet outside in his yard. There were only two differences. He was a good deal older and the children were not his own, but his grandchildren. The old man was still quite perceptive, having seen me long before I had wanted him to. He greeted me with a smile, though did not seem to recognize me. I have gone into too much detail already. Too much more might give away his location to those that would use him against me. To sum up the event, I was welcomed into his home with much warmth and our relationship was renewed.

The last thing he had to teach me was something that I had already mastered in another form. Now that I was willing to act with dishonor in a fight, even if only to those that initiated the behavior, I was able to delve into the more powerful techniques of the Shadow Hand and the Desert Wind. My mentor was not long left in this world and I was not able to learn everything he knew. He did give me the tools to progress after he left this world.

Now that I could strike with powerful force, if only a few times in one battle, I was able to distill that power into another elixir and enhance my endurance with that technique. I like to call the manueaver 'Deep Strike'. A somewhat amused feeling passed through my mind at the thought of naming my own fighting style. I was immediately on guard, for the thought, or rather the feeling , for it wasn't substancial enough to be called a thought, it was not my own. It was emenating from Ki, my ancestral blade. My mind raced for answers and I attempted to project my own thoughts towards the weapon but received no response. I could feel an awareness there, almost ripe and ready to be born.

It was not until the next time I anointed my blade with the elixir that I experienced the emotions from my blade. With it, came thought and expression. The blade was alive with personality! It was a wonder to witness such a transformation. I must have spent days in conversation with Ki, for it could actually speak and perceive it surroundings, and it amazed me with unique abilities of its own. My fighting style would need attuned to account for the new partner, in more than one way. I now had a companion that could warn me of danger in midst of combat. It was through his new connection that we developed a tactical approach to my Shadow Hand discipline. We called it "The Gloom Razor".

It was not long before Ki developed a taste for the blood of the Oni, whom we were hunting almost exclusively and we began to adapt our abilities to relfect it. Using the Unicorn blood that continually weeped from the blade, the weapon would flash with power whenever it came in contact with tainted blood, or the blood of an evil creature, dealing supernatural damage to its body. We eventually became so intuned to each other that, for a few moments a day, we could strike faster than the eyes could blink...

---------------------------------

I found my honor. The path that I walked is never easy or expedient. My decisions are often difficult in this world that believes in grays when choices are black and white. It is the difficultly that blends the two. One step in front of another. One moment after another. Live perfect in every second. Find serenity in the chaos.
    Show

Levels 16-20 are all about fleshing out what the character can do. Higher level manuevers will assist with that but this is about Anointed Knight. Making the class features useful means that the character has to have use of them. I like to think that I have done that.

In these levels, we get to add wisdom, yet again, to damage. This last bit is only for shadow hand strikes, which we have few, but that can be adapted in a variant fairly easily. This recipe did not showcase that due to backstory reasons. Deep Strike gives us more damage. Gloom Razor sets us up to make more use of Assassin's Stance, for more damage. Sanctify Marital Strike is one bonus feat from the Anointed Knight that was not important to the build and serves only to enhance her damage vs evil (it is assumed that Weapon Focus from Discipline Focus meets the requirements for this feat. If not, replace with Blind-Fight). Inspired strikes gives us more attacks, and at her incredible attack bonus, more damage.

Viewable on the character sheet in this section's title, two tomes +4 (for Wis and Cha) and a +10 weapon (+4* enhancement, +1 chosen and +5 weapon abilities) give her a very respectalbe +40 to hit. She is not going to be needing all of that. With no way to get power attack on this build (or rather, to make it useful), we will make use of combat expertise or the defending weapon property to boost her already high (54) armor class.

She does a very respectible 1d4+22 damage with every attack (not counting anything but ability scores and weapon enhancement to damage, ie not random). Bypassing damage reduction is something that would be very welcome.

In summary:
    Str: Still adding to damage
    Dex: Still adding to AC and to damage in Shadow Hand stance
    Con: No change
    Int: No Change
    Wis: Add twice to attack rolls. Add to damage rolls (twice for shadow hand strikes). Add to AC.
    Cha: Add to AC.

Sources:
    Spoiler
    Show

Player's Handbook
    Player's Handbook II
    Dungeon Master's Guide II
    Magic of Incarnum
    Tome of Battle
    Book of Exalted Deeds
    Oriental Adventures

Feats:
    Apprentice (Dungeon Master's Guide II, p. 175)
    Shadow Blade (Tome of Battle, p. 32)
    Iron Will (Player's Handbook, p. 97)
    Ancestral Relic (Book of Exalted Deeds, p. 39)
    Alertness (Player's Handbook, p. 89)
    Midnight Dodge (Magic of Incarnum, p. 39)
    Combat Expertise (Player's Handbook, p. 92)
    Martial Stance (Tome of Battle, p. 31)
    Mobility (Player's Handbook,p. 98)
    Intuitive Attack (Book of Exalted Deeds, p. 44)
    Gloom Razor (Tome of Battle, p. 35)
    Sanctify Martial Strike (Book of Exalted Deeds, p. 46)

Classes:
    Swordsage (Tome of Battle, p. 15)
    Duskblade (Player's handbook II, p 19)
    Anointed Knight (Book of Exalted Deeds, p. 50)
    Shiba Protector (Oriental Adventures, p. 222)
    Arcane Duelist (web release)

Other:
    Feycrafted (Dungeon Master's Guide II, p. 274)

29. - Top - End - #449
    Troll in the Playground

Apparently, some dexterity is lost in translation. He isn't very nimble anymore...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Frost
    Jack Frost

Background
    Spoiler
    Show

Background
    In a far northern workshop guild, Jack spent his days as an apprentice learning what the books had to offer, while crafting various potions.
    As his time at the workshop amoung the others made him feel like one of them, he knew that one day he would leave.
    When Jack had gained all that he could from his apprenticeship and the books he studied, he decided to travel to a distant land.
    One day after a hard year of travelling while visiting a town Jack noticed a gathering of townsfolk, on asking what was happening he was informed that the good knight of the area was going to select a few lucky ones to train under him.
    He met the kindly knight who eventually choose Jack as one of the few to study under him. The Knight's teachings of self sacrifice for the greater good were not waisted on Jack, While travelling with his mentor for a year, Jack grew wiser beyond his years with great speed, and had learned all the knight had to offer.
    One day they eventually parted ways as they were very close and as his mentor had no offspring, his mentor gave him his families Anointed Ancestral Relic.
    A finely crafted greatsword with the house name Frost engraved on the hilt, It was that day jack shed his former name and took the name Frost swearing to do good in the eyes of his friend and mentor.

Race Information
    Spoiler
    Show

Half-Giant
    Strength +2, Dexterity -2, Constitution +2
    Medium size
    speed is 30 feet
    Low-light vision
    gain 2 bonus power points at 1st level, regardless of whether they choose a psionic class.
    +2 racial bonus on saving throws against all fire spells and effects
    Powerful build
    Psi-Like Abilities: 1/day: stomp (DC 10). Manifester level equal to 1/2 HD (minimum 1st). The save DC is Charisma based.
    Automatic Language: Common. Bonus Language: Draconic, Giant, Gnoll, Ignan
    Giant: Half-giants are not subject to spells or effects that affect humanoids only, such as charm person or dominate person
    Level adjustment: +1

Primordial Giant Template
    Str –4, Con –2, Int +4, Cha +4
    at will: invisibility, invisibility purge, or levitate.
    Magical Knack (Ex): Primordial giants use all spell-like abilities at +1 caster level
    8 extra skill points for their first racial Hit Die, 2 extra skill points per racial Hit Die beyond the first, and 2 extra skill points per class level
    gain any one Knowledge skill as a class skill
    +2 racial bonus on Spellcraft and Use Magic Device checks

Alignment: CG

Abilities
    Spoiler
    Show
    Abilities
    Racial:
    Str-2, Dex-2, Con 0, Int +4, Wis 0, Cha +4
    32 Point Buy:
    Str 13, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 14
    Ability Score:
    Str 11, Dex 11, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 18

Level 4: Wis+1
    Level 8: Cha+1
    Level 10: Wis+1 from Anoint Self
    Level 12: Cha+1
    Level 16: Dex+1
    Level 20: Str+1

Build
    Spoiler
    Show
    Effective Character Levels

1st|
    Half-Giant Level Adjustmentment
    |-|-|-|-|-|-|-

2nd|
    Duskblade
    |1|2|0|2|Concentration 4, Craft (alchemy) 4, Knowledge (arcana) 4, Knowledge (religion) 4, Ride 4, Spellcraft 4, Decipher Script 2|Apprentice <Spellcaster>|Arcane attunement, armored mage (light)

3rd|
    Duskblade
    |2|3|0|3|Concentration 5, Craft (alchemy) 5, Knowledge (arcana) 5, Knowledge (religion) 5, Ride 5, Spellcraft 5, Decipher Script 4|Combat Casting, Weapon Focus Greatsword|gain Combat Casting as bonus feat

4th|
    Duskblade
    |3|3|1|3|Concentration 6, Craft (alchemy) 6, Knowledge (arcana) 6, Knowledge (religion) 6, Ride 6, Spellcraft 6, Decipher Script 6|-|Arcane channeling

5th|
    Duskblade
    |4|4|1|4|Concentration 7, Craft (alchemy) 7, Knowledge (arcana) 7, Knowledge (religion) 7, Ride 7, Spellcraft 7, , Decipher Script 8|-|Armored mage (medium)

6th|
    Duskblade
    |5|4|1|4|Concentration 9, Craft (alchemy) 9, Knowledge (arcana) 8, Knowledge (religion) 8, Ride 8, Spellcraft 8|Ancestral Relic|Quick cast 1/day

7th|
    Anointed Knight
    |6|6|1|6|Concentration 10, Craft (alchemy) 10, Knowledge (arcana) 10, Knowledge (religion) 10, Ride 9, Spellcraft 9|Combat Reflexes|Anoint self-Celestial Strategy; gains the Combat Reflexes feat

8th|
    Anointed Knight
    |7|7|1|7|Concentration 11, Craft (alchemy) 11, Knowledge (arcana) 11, Knowledge (religion) 11, Ride 11, Spellcraft 10, Heal 1|-|Anoint ancestral weapon-Sunder Resistance: The ancestral weapon gains 10 points of hardness

9th|
    Anointed Knight
    |8|7|2|7|Concentration 12, Craft (alchemy) 12, Knowledge (arcana) 12, Knowledge (religion) 12, Ride 12, Spellcraft 12, Heal 2|Blind-Fight, Arcane Disciple|Bonus feat

10th|
    Anointed Knight
    |9|8|2|8|Concentration 13, Craft (alchemy) 13, Knowledge (arcana) 13, Knowledge (religion) 13, Ride 13, Spellcraft 13, Heal 4|-|Anoint self-Divine Clarity: The knight’s Wisdom score improves by 1

11th|
    Anointed Knight
    |10|8|2|8|Concentration 14, Craft (alchemy) 14, Knowledge (arcana) 14, Knowledge (religion) 14, Ride 14, Spellcraft 14, Heal 6|-|Anoint ancestral weapon-Impervious: The ancestral weapon gains an extra 50 hp.

12th|
    Anointed Knight
    |11|9|3|9|Concentration 15, Craft (alchemy) 15, Knowledge (arcana) 15, Knowledge (religion) 15, Ride 15, Spellcraft 15, Heal 8|Power Attack, Somatic Weaponry|Bonus feat

13th|
    Anointed Knight
    |12|9|3|9|Concentration 16, Craft (alchemy) 16, Knowledge (arcana) 16, Knowledge (religion) 16, Ride 16, Spellcraft 16, Heal 10|-|Anoint self-Inspired Strike: Three times per day

14th|
    Anointed Knight
    |13|10|3|10|Concentration 17, Craft (alchemy) 17, Knowledge (arcana) 17, Knowledge (religion) 17, Ride 17, Spellcraft 17, Heal 12|-|Anoint ancestral weapon-Sentience: The ancestral weapon becomes an intelligent item

15th|
    Anointed Knight
    |14|10|4|10|Concentration 18, Craft (alchemy) 18, Knowledge (arcana) 18, Knowledge (religion) 18, Ride 18, Spellcraft 18, Heal 14|Sanctify Martial Strike, Fell Drain|Bonus feat

16th|
    Anointed Knight
    |15|11|4|11|Concentration 19, Craft (alchemy) 19, Knowledge (arcana) 19, Knowledge (religion) 19, Ride 19, Spellcraft 19, Heal 16|-|Anoint self-Deep Strike: Three times per day, on a successful attack

17th|
    Abjurant Champion
    |16|11|4|13|Concentration 20, Craft (alchemy) 20, Intimidate 3, Knowledge (arcana) 20, Ride 20, Spellcraft 20|-|Abjurant armor, extended abjuration

18th|
    Abjurant Champion
    |17|11|4|14|Concentration 21, Craft (alchemy) 21, Intimidate 6, Knowledge (arcana) 21, Ride 21, Spellcraft 21|Versatile Spellcaster|Swift abjuration

19th|
    Abjurant Champion
    |18|12|5|14|Concentration 22, Craft (alchemy) 22, Intimidate 9, Knowledge (arcana) 22, Ride 22, Spellcraft 22|-|-

20th|
    Abjurant Champion
    |19|12|5|15|Concentration 23, Craft (alchemy) 23, Intimidate 12, Knowledge (arcana) 23, Ride 23, Spellcraft 23|-|Arcane boost
    [/table]

Level Breakdown
    Spoiler
    Show

Level Breakdown & Use of the Secret Ingredient
    5 The duskblade while not seeing much in the way of spells makes use of the ones it has for delivery through its weapon
    10 the character see's Anointed Knight through and makes complete use of its class abilities, alongside the duskblade abilities
    15 Anointed knight finishes up and this is close to the sweet spot of the build
    20 with levels in Abjurant Champion +1 to caster levels going into the duskblade

*Anointed Ancestral Relic: Masterworked Greatsword; Relic Value (256,350 gp)
    +5 Anointed Ancestral Relic Greatsword
    +1 Eager (mic 34), +1 Keen (dmg 225, +1 Morphing (mic 39), +2 Metalline (mic 38)

350 MW. Greatsword
    200,000 +10 abilities (Listed Above)
    30,000 Prismatic Burst
    8,000 Powerleech
    7,000 Platinum
    6,000 Spellblade
    5,000 Sizing

Sentience:
    Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 14
    gains the power of speech
    120-ft. vision and hearing
    Lesser Power 1: deathwatch
    Lesser Power 2: locate object 3/day

Spells Known per Day
    Spoiler
    Show

Spells Known per Day
    {table=head]Level|0lvl|1st|2nd|3rd|4th|5th|6th|7th|8th|9th

1st|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

2nd|3|2|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

3rd|4|3|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

4th|5|4|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

5th|6|5|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

6th|6|5|2|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

7th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

8th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

9th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

10th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

11th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

12th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

13th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

14th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

15th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

16th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

17th|6|6|3|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

18th|6|6|5|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

19th|6|7|6|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

20th|6|7|6|2|-|-|-|-|-|-
    [/table]

Optional Things
    Spoiler
    Show

Optional Things
    +5 Ability Books
    +6 Enhancement Items
    Ioun stone +1 CL
    Prayer Beads Karma Bead +4 CL
    visit the Court of Thieves (CScoundrel) gets you any luck feat. grab lucky start with this, to reroll initiative checks
    Truedeath Crystal, Greater

Spells & Powers Prepared/Memorized
    Spoiler
    Show

Spells & Powers Prepared/Memorized
    does not include bonus spells from ability score.

Duskblade Spells

0-Level Duskblade Spells
    Acid Splash
    Detect Magic
    Read Magic
    Ray of Frost
    Disrupt Undead
    Touch of Fatigue

1st-Level Duskblade Spells
    Resist Energy
    True Strike
    Shocking Grasp
    Blade of Blood
    Chill Touch
    Expeditious Retreat
    Kelgore’s fire bolt

2nd-Level Duskblade Spells
    Deflect
    Dimension Hop
    Animalistic Power
    Darkvision
    Fly
    Stretch Weapon

3rd-Level Duskblade Spells
    Greater Magic Weapon
    Vampiric Touch

Sources
    Spoiler
    Show

Sources
    (PHB 94, 98, 118)
    (PHB2 19)
    (MIC 43)
    (PGtF 120)
    (MaoF 180)
    (LEoF 151)
    (MH 41)
    (CMage 47, 50)
    (BoED 49)
    (DMG2 176)
    (BoED 39-41)
    (CDiv 79)
    (LM 27)
    (RotDr 101)
    (XPH 201)
    (SoX 81)

[/QUOTE]

30. - Top - End - #450
    Troll in the Playground

*Cue training montage*
    Quote Originally Posted by Kothi Strongpeak Thaketheo
    Kothi StrongPeak Thaketheo

NG Goliath Warblade/Anointed Knight/Favored Soul

Background
    Spoiler
    Show

Background
    Kothi was awakened by loud noises outside of his hut, Once fully awake he went out to see what was the cause of the all the noise.
    no sooner than having stepped out of the hut, the leader and head of the city and his guard were looking right at Kothi..
    Not knowing what this was about he asked the leader how he could be of service, Kothi my lad the leader said we have recieved word from our allys that they require
    assistance, as you know our custom is to draw lots to see who will be selected in times like this, and Kothi it is your time.

Thaaval !! exclaimed the captain of the guard, his friend of several years, as the leader informed Kothi that he was going need to leave the city imeadiatly, the city

that he had served for several years in order to honor the alliance. As Kothi was makeing ready to leave he gathered his gear and finally his sword a fine peice of

craftsmanship it was on that had been passed down generation to generation and now he knew that he would need to put it to use, as Kothi stepped back out and started

for the city gate, the Captain shouted, Aulak thala kaua gamala in Kothi's direction, As head of the city guard it was his duty to see these things through, Goli

lenamaka nae the Captain continued to shout as he and Kothi went through the assembled group that was there to wish kothi farewell, as Kothi was escourted by his

friend through the city gates. Kauma nau emaka nauth he said to Kothi, as he walked back through the gates to the city as they were closing.

A typically friendly, outgoing man, if sometimes a bit overbearing at times Kothi thought, he watched as his friend closed the gates and knew that he would most likely

never see his friend again. Stepping out onto the path, Kothi knew that he was alone, and his task now was to take the path that would lead down the mountain into the

wilds and eventully to the shores where the allys of his city would be waiting, Kothi knew the journey ahead was one that he had to take.

Goliath
    Monstrous Humanoid
    Medium
    speed 30ft
    +2 Racial bonus on Sense Motives checks.
    Acclimated
    Powerful Build
    Mountain Movement
    Automatic Languages: Common and Gol-Kaa
    Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Giant, Gnoll, Terran
    Level Adjustment +1

Alignment: NG

Deity: Eilistraee

+10 Anointed Ancestral Relic; Platinum, Keen, Metalline, Spellblade Bastard Sword of Eager, Morphing, Prismatic Burst, Sizing (248,335 gp)
    Sentience Int 14 Wis 14 Cha 10
    power 1: 10 ranks in Search
    power 2: major image 1/day

Abilities
    Spoiler
    Show
    Abilities

Racial
    +4 Str –2 Dex +2 Con

32 point buy
    Str 10 Dex 12 Con 9 Int 16 Wis 10 Cha 17

level 4 +1 Cha
    level 8 +1 Cha
    Divine Clarity +1 Int
    level 12 +1 Cha
    level 16 +1 Cha
    level 20 +1 Cha

Level 20 Abilities
    Str 14 Dex 10 Con 11 Int 16 Wis 10 Cha 22

Build
    Spoiler
    Show
    Effective Character Levels

1st|
    Warblade
    |1|2|0|0|Concentration 4 ranks, Craft (alchemy) 4 ranks, Intimidate 4 ranks, Knowledge (arcana) 2 ranks, Martial Lore 4 ranks, Spellcraft 2 ranks, Tumble 4 ranks|Spellcasting Prodigy|Battle clarity (Reflex saves), weapon aptitude

2nd|
    Warblade
    |2|3|0|0|Concentration 5 ranks, Craft (alchemy) 5 ranks, Intimidate 5 ranks, Knowledge (arcana) 2.5 ranks, Martial Lore 5 ranks, Spellcraft 2.5 ranks, Tumble 5 ranks|-|Uncanny dodge

3rd|
    Warblade
    |3|3|1|1|Concentration 6 ranks, Craft (alchemy) 6 ranks, Intimidate 6 ranks, Knowledge (arcana) 3 ranks, Martial Lore 6 ranks, Spellcraft 3 ranks, Tumble 6 ranks|Ancestral Relic|Battle ardor (critical confirmation)

4th|
    Warblade
    |4|4|1|1|Concentration 7 ranks, Craft (alchemy) 7 ranks, Intimidate 7 ranks, Knowledge (arcana) 3.5 ranks, Martial Lore 7 ranks, Spellcraft 3.5 ranks, Tumble 7 ranks|-|-

5th|
    Warblade
    |5|4|1|1|Concentration 8 ranks, Craft (alchemy) 8 ranks, Intimidate 8 ranks, Knowledge (arcana) 4 ranks, Martial Lore 8 ranks, Spellcraft 4 ranks, Tumble 8 ranks|Blade Meditation- Iron Heart: Bastard Sword|Bonus feat

6th|
    Anointed Knight
    |6|6|1|3|Knowledge (arcana) 7 ranks, Spellcraft 6 ranks|Combat Reflexes, Nymph’s Kiss [Exalted]|Anoint self- Celestial Strategy

7th|
    Warblade
    |7|7|2|4|Concentration 9 ranks, Craft (alchemy) 9 ranks, Knowledge (arcana) 8 ranks, Martial Lore 9 ranks, Spellcraft 7 ranks|-|Improved uncanny dodge

8th|
    Anointed Knight
    |8|8|2|5|Craft (alchemy) 10 ranks, Knowledge (arcana) 10 ranks, Spellcraft 9 ranks|-|Anoint ancestral weapon- Sunder Resistance

9th|
    Anointed Knight
    |9|8|3|5|Craft (alchemy) 11 ranks, Knowledge (arcana) 11 ranks, Spellcraft 12 ranks|Exotic WP Bastard Sword|Bonus feat

10th|
    Anointed Knight
    |10|9|3|6|Craft (alchemy) 13 ranks, Knowledge (arcana) 13 ranks, Spellcraft 13 ranks|-|Anoint self- Divine Clarity +1 int

11th|
    Anointed Knight
    |11|9|3|6|Concentration 11 ranks, Craft (alchemy) 14 ranks, Knowledge (arcana) 14 ranks, Spellcraft 14 ranks|-|Anoint ancestral weapon- Unicorn’s Blood

12th|
    Anointed Knight
    |12|10|4|7|Concentration 13 ranks, Craft (alchemy) 15 ranks, Knowledge (arcana) 15 ranks, Spellcraft 15 ranks|Practiced Spellcaster|Bonus feat

13th|
    Anointed Knight
    |13|10|4|7|Concentration 15 ranks, Craft (alchemy) 16 ranks, Knowledge (arcana) 16 ranks, Spellcraft 16 ranks|-|Anoint self- Deep Strike

14th|
    Anointed Knight
    |14|11|4|8|Concentration 17 ranks, Craft (alchemy) 17 ranks, Knowledge (arcana) 17 ranks, Spellcraft 17 ranks|-|Anoint ancestral weapon- Sentience

15th|
    Anointed Knight
    |15|11|5|8|Concentration 18 ranks, Craft (alchemy) 18 ranks, Heal 1 ranks, Knowledge (arcana) 18 ranks, Spellcraft 18 ranks|Eyes in the Back of Your Head|Bonus feat

16th|
    Anointed Knight
    |16|12|5|9|Concentration 19 ranks, Craft (alchemy) 19 ranks, Heal 2 ranks, Knowledge (arcana) 19 ranks, Spellcraft 19 ranks|-|Anoint self- Inspired Strike

17th|
    Favored Soul
    |16|14|7|11|Concentration 20 ranks, Craft (alchemy) 20 ranks, Heal 3 ranks, Knowledge (arcana) 20 ranks, Spellcraft 20 ranks|-|-

18th|
    Favored Soul
    |17|15|8|12|Concentration 21 ranks, Craft (alchemy) 21 ranks, Heal 4 ranks, Knowledge (arcana) 21 ranks, Spellcraft 21 ranks|Power Attack|-

19th|
    Favored Soul
    |18|15|8|12|Concentration 22 ranks, Craft (alchemy) 22 ranks, Heal 5 ranks, Knowledge (arcana) 22 ranks, Spellcraft 22 ranks|-|Deity’s weapon focus

20th|
    Goliath Level Adjustment
    |-|-|-|-|-|-|-
    [/table]

Level Breakdown
    Level 5 Warblade for martial lore, maneuvers and abilities
    Level 10 anointed knight sees the character developing various abilities
    level 15 sweet spot for the character as it does practically everything it can well
    level 20 favored sould helps the build so it has more versitility in and out of combat

Use of the Secret Ingredient
    Spoiler
    Show

Anointed knight so many options yet it offers so little that can be done with it, it is felt the SI is limited versitility wise.

Spells per Day
    Spoiler
    Show

Spells per Day

1st|5|3|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

2nd|6|4|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

3rd|6|5|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

4th|6|6|3|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

[/table]

Spells Known