A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 1037
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In your nightmares!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] A City Alone OOC I

    Sorry about being a ghost guys. I work full time and I've been swamped this week. My buddy had his senior art show, my gf spent the weekend with me, I had to work at 2 basket ball games, and I to work on grading papers this weekend. Anytime not working was spent sleeping.
    Currently Playing:
    Rikard Loghaine in [4E] Grandpre Academy

    Antivian Qualinyr in [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell

    Avatar by the talented and generous Grinner!!!!

    Check out this awesome website for D&D, MTG, Anime, Music, Movies, and more!!!



  2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: [4E] A City Alone OOC I

    Glad you made it back. :)

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Laserlight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia Beach VA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] A City Alone OOC I

    Some fear the storms, but thunder is the voice of my god. The rain is his embrace. The wind is his breath.
    A paladin who actually knows how to paladin? +1 Internet to Arq.
    Junior, half orc paladin of the Order of St Dale the Intimidator: "Ah cain't abide no murderin' scoundrel."

    Tactical Precepts: 1) Cause chaos, then exploit it; 2) No plan survives contact with...(sigh)...my subordinates.

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In your nightmares!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] A City Alone OOC I

    Quote Originally Posted by Laserlight View Post
    A paladin who actually knows how to paladin? +1 Internet to Arq.
    Awww, thanks. Viktor is a bit more introspective and devout right now.

    Did Kord die, Nightgaun? Was he replaced by another god? Kinda need to know this, being a paladin and all.
    Currently Playing:
    Rikard Loghaine in [4E] Grandpre Academy

    Antivian Qualinyr in [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell

    Avatar by the talented and generous Grinner!!!!

    Check out this awesome website for D&D, MTG, Anime, Music, Movies, and more!!!



  5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: [4E] A City Alone OOC I

    I have a bad cold, so I decided to put up a post while waking up and coughing. Might as well be productive

    Quote Originally Posted by Arq Kujos View Post
    Awww, thanks. Viktor is a bit more introspective and devout right now.

    Did Kord die, Nightgaun? Was he replaced by another god? Kinda need to know this, being a paladin and all.
    Kord did not die but he was greatly weakened as one of the front-line fighters in the Last War, especially since his followers suffered especially heavy casualties as well.
    Last edited by Nightgaun7; 2013-12-12 at 04:08 AM.
    I have read a fiery gospel writ in burnished rows of steel

    Former DM for "A City Alone" [4E D&D - IC, OOC]

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: [4E] A City Alone OOC I

    Yeah, it's a good thing I don't actually suspect there's anything sneaky going on aboard the ship. With that perception roll I'm lucky if Sathris could find the ocean. :P

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Laserlight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia Beach VA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] A City Alone OOC I

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightgaun7 View Post
    Kord did not die.
    Glad to hear it, for our pally's sake.
    As for Unit DEN, I'm pretty sure he's an atheist, although I don't know how he'd justify that conclusion.
    Junior, half orc paladin of the Order of St Dale the Intimidator: "Ah cain't abide no murderin' scoundrel."

    Tactical Precepts: 1) Cause chaos, then exploit it; 2) No plan survives contact with...(sigh)...my subordinates.

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In your nightmares!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] A City Alone OOC I

    Quote Originally Posted by Laserlight View Post
    Glad to hear it, for our pally's sake.
    As for Unit DEN, I'm pretty sure he's an atheist, although I don't know how he'd justify that conclusion.
    Yeah, that is good for me.

    And I don't know how anyone can be an atheist in a world where the gods literally manifest themselves before their worshippers.

    I can see how someone can be non-devout and even dislike the gods, but to be a true atheist is a stretch into madness.
    Currently Playing:
    Rikard Loghaine in [4E] Grandpre Academy

    Antivian Qualinyr in [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell

    Avatar by the talented and generous Grinner!!!!

    Check out this awesome website for D&D, MTG, Anime, Music, Movies, and more!!!



  9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013

    Default Re: [4E] A City Alone OOC I

    Quote Originally Posted by Arq Kujos View Post
    And I don't know how anyone can be an atheist in a world where the gods literally manifest themselves before their worshippers.
    Perhaps he's fully convinced (or programmed to believe) that the gods are manifestations of the worshippers' collective devotion or something like that.
    Awesome Alderis Kashtar avatar by Meltheim
    Spoiler
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by redzimmer View Post
    Bluff or diplomacy, the penalty's the same. (1d20-1)[1]
    Wow. Just. Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by redzimmer View Post
    And now see if a random rock on the ground with only a 3-sided dice can roll a better diplomacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    (1d3)[3] random rock

    EDIT: We have a winner. The random rock

    Spoiler
    Show

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In your nightmares!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] A City Alone OOC I

    So, lets talk about the checks we need to make.

    I think we need some perception checks to identify the areas where we are most likely to be successful. We also need to identify an area that can serve as a defensive shelter, like a fort, if we can't get back to the ship if something happens. We also should set up some guard posts to help keep look out.

    We should then set up a patrol of some kind to scout for danger and start building some kind of defensive wall or barrier. A long term logging operation will be difficult and expensive, and we would get our money's worth out of simply landing there, logging for a day, and leaving. We're gonna have to set up at least a temporary barrier that we can take down when we leave so we can come back if and when we need to come back.

    At the same time, we need to get more provisions, like fresh food and fresh water. We also need to identify our area of intent when it comes to logging, so we stay focused in one area. This has the added benefit of allowing us to defend a smaller area while using less resources to defend it. Once we know where are logging, we can set up the workers into teams so that it is easier to account for people, especially if someone goes missing.
    Currently Playing:
    Rikard Loghaine in [4E] Grandpre Academy

    Antivian Qualinyr in [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell

    Avatar by the talented and generous Grinner!!!!

    Check out this awesome website for D&D, MTG, Anime, Music, Movies, and more!!!



  11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In your nightmares!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] A City Alone OOC I

    Quote Originally Posted by Wdwune View Post
    Perhaps he's fully convinced (or programmed to believe) that the gods are manifestations of the worshippers' collective devotion or something like that.
    Perhaps, but I feel I've gone on about this too much already. I'm not trying to start a flame war in the OOC.
    Currently Playing:
    Rikard Loghaine in [4E] Grandpre Academy

    Antivian Qualinyr in [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell

    Avatar by the talented and generous Grinner!!!!

    Check out this awesome website for D&D, MTG, Anime, Music, Movies, and more!!!



  12. - Top - End - #42
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013

    Default Re: [4E] A City Alone OOC I

    Quote Originally Posted by Arq Kujos View Post
    So, lets talk about the checks we need to make.

    I think we need some perception checks to identify the areas where we are most likely to be successful. We also need to identify an area that can serve as a defensive shelter, like a fort, if we can't get back to the ship if something happens. We also should set up some guard posts to help keep look out.

    We should then set up a patrol of some kind to scout for danger and start building some kind of defensive wall or barrier. A long term logging operation will be difficult and expensive, and we would get our money's worth out of simply landing there, logging for a day, and leaving. We're gonna have to set up at least a temporary barrier that we can take down when we leave so we can come back if and when we need to come back.

    At the same time, we need to get more provisions, like fresh food and fresh water. We also need to identify our area of intent when it comes to logging, so we stay focused in one area. This has the added benefit of allowing us to defend a smaller area while using less resources to defend it. Once we know where are logging, we can set up the workers into teams so that it is easier to account for people, especially if someone goes missing.
    Hakka has high Perception and Nature scores. He could do the scouting or foraging duties.
    Last edited by Wdwune; 2013-12-12 at 09:54 AM.
    Awesome Alderis Kashtar avatar by Meltheim
    Spoiler
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by redzimmer View Post
    Bluff or diplomacy, the penalty's the same. (1d20-1)[1]
    Wow. Just. Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by redzimmer View Post
    And now see if a random rock on the ground with only a 3-sided dice can roll a better diplomacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    (1d3)[3] random rock

    EDIT: We have a winner. The random rock

    Spoiler
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Meltheim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Roseville, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] A City Alone OOC I

    My understanding is that this is a quick operation, 1 day or so. Am I incorrect in that interpretation?

    DM
    Terenuri: Map IC IC2 OOC3

    RP Characters
    Geth - Elf Monk

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: [4E] A City Alone OOC I

    Quote Originally Posted by Meltheim View Post
    My understanding is that this is a quick operation, 1 day or so. Am I incorrect in that interpretation?
    Tyrian told you that he would be back tomorrow. The craftsmen are to choose and cut trees, which will be taken back to the Swiftwing with the aid of the crew when she returns. You are not expecting to be here for more than a few days.
    Last edited by Nightgaun7; 2013-12-12 at 10:54 AM.
    I have read a fiery gospel writ in burnished rows of steel

    Former DM for "A City Alone" [4E D&D - IC, OOC]

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In your nightmares!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] A City Alone OOC I

    Then I am clearly not understanding this operation. How many trees can we honestly expect to cut down with hand saws and drag back to the boat in a day or 2?

    How many craftsmen and workers do we have? How many oxen or horses? How are we getting these trees on the boat? Do we have a harbor to dock at to make it easier to get the trees on board?

    I don't feel like we are using the best amount of our time here by grabbing 5 or six giant trees, dragging them back, and then sailing away.

    That said, I'll go along with anything the DM and the party decides. Again, I'm not trying to be difficult.
    Currently Playing:
    Rikard Loghaine in [4E] Grandpre Academy

    Antivian Qualinyr in [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell

    Avatar by the talented and generous Grinner!!!!

    Check out this awesome website for D&D, MTG, Anime, Music, Movies, and more!!!



  16. - Top - End - #46
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: [4E] A City Alone OOC I

    It's super action-intensive, but it does actually check out that Sathris and Hakka could scout together - Move Actions/stealth, Standard Aid Another (Sathris would Aid Stealth, Hakka would aid Perception), Minor Perception - and that would be a lot more effective than relying on Sathris's awful perception. :P

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: [4E] A City Alone OOC I

    Quote Originally Posted by Arq Kujos View Post
    Then I am clearly not understanding this operation. How many trees can we honestly expect to cut down with hand saws and drag back to the boat in a day or 2?

    How many craftsmen and workers do we have? How many oxen or horses? How are we getting these trees on the boat? Do we have a harbor to dock at to make it easier to get the trees on board?

    I don't feel like we are using the best amount of our time here by grabbing 5 or six giant trees, dragging them back, and then sailing away.

    That said, I'll go along with anything the DM and the party decides. Again, I'm not trying to be difficult.
    The craftsmen are selecting the trees, felling, and cleaning, but not moving. When the Swiftwing returns some of the crew will come ashore to haul trees. The craftsmen are aiming to fell trees relatively close to the shore so that they can be dragged back, but they may need to go closer to the center or around the island to find good trees.

    Great Hope needs wood for masts, but doesn't have the resources for a logging camp here right now. If the wood from this trip makes for good masts then the navy may decide it's worth detailing men and ships to set up, run, defend, and transport material to and from the island in the next few months.
    I have read a fiery gospel writ in burnished rows of steel

    Former DM for "A City Alone" [4E D&D - IC, OOC]

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: [4E] A City Alone OOC I

    Quote Originally Posted by Laserlight View Post
    Glad to hear it, for our pally's sake.
    As for Unit DEN, I'm pretty sure he's an atheist, although I don't know how he'd justify that conclusion.
    Races Worship their creators. He's met his creators, and decided he didnt need to worship them. Let his "gods" worry about the other gods, he's got a task to accomplish.

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Meltheim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Roseville, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] A City Alone OOC I

    So Kriv issued 'orders' to everyone, but I can't see mythweavers sheets now (site appears down) so if your character is better suited to something different, speak up! I can adjust my 'orders' accordingly

    DM
    Terenuri: Map IC IC2 OOC3

    RP Characters
    Geth - Elf Monk

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013

    Default Re: [4E] A City Alone OOC I

    Quote Originally Posted by Gavran View Post
    It's super action-intensive, but it does actually check out that Sathris and Hakka could scout together - Move Actions/stealth, Standard Aid Another (Sathris would Aid Stealth, Hakka would aid Perception), Minor Perception - and that would be a lot more effective than relying on Sathris's awful perception. :P
    Actually I like it. Also, Hakka has a Wilderness Knack that works much like a Group Stealth (Sathris will get a +2 bonus on his Stealth check in those cases).

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakaydos View Post
    Races Worship their creators. He's met his creators, and decided he didnt need to worship them. Let his "gods" worry about the other gods, he's got a task to accomplish.
    That's actually a very good point. Should DEN worship an artificer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Meltheim View Post
    So Kriv issued 'orders' to everyone, but I can't see mythweavers sheets now (site appears down) so if your character is better suited to something different, speak up! I can adjust my 'orders' accordingly
    Yup, Myth-Weavers site is failing somehow. But anyways, don't worry about Hakka, he's trained to fulfill his duty and recognizes Kriv's leadership.
    Last edited by Wdwune; 2013-12-12 at 01:30 PM.
    Awesome Alderis Kashtar avatar by Meltheim
    Spoiler
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by redzimmer View Post
    Bluff or diplomacy, the penalty's the same. (1d20-1)[1]
    Wow. Just. Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by redzimmer View Post
    And now see if a random rock on the ground with only a 3-sided dice can roll a better diplomacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    (1d3)[3] random rock

    EDIT: We have a winner. The random rock

    Spoiler
    Show

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In your nightmares!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] A City Alone OOC I

    Can we do a strength or athletics check to help speed up the process? Either chopping or dragging back. I don't mind either way.

    (1d20)[13] + appropriate modifiers.
    Currently Playing:
    Rikard Loghaine in [4E] Grandpre Academy

    Antivian Qualinyr in [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell

    Avatar by the talented and generous Grinner!!!!

    Check out this awesome website for D&D, MTG, Anime, Music, Movies, and more!!!



  22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In your nightmares!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] A City Alone OOC I

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakaydos View Post
    Races Worship their creators. He's met his creators, and decided he didnt need to worship them. Let his "gods" worry about the other gods, he's got a task to accomplish.
    I can respect that. I wonder if DEM has any aspirations beyond this life? I wonder if he has the desire to create prodgeny?

    These are interesting things to ask ICly later. Though, with the loss, though not necessarily death, of his family, Viktor might not be asking about children anytime soon.
    Currently Playing:
    Rikard Loghaine in [4E] Grandpre Academy

    Antivian Qualinyr in [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell

    Avatar by the talented and generous Grinner!!!!

    Check out this awesome website for D&D, MTG, Anime, Music, Movies, and more!!!



  23. - Top - End - #53
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: [4E] A City Alone OOC I

    Quote Originally Posted by Wdwune View Post
    Actually I like it. Also, Hakka has a Wilderness Knack that works much like a Group Stealth (Sathris will get a +2 bonus on his Stealth check in those cases).
    Oooh extra bonuses. Something I could've noted if Myth-weavers was working, but at least you know these things. :P Related-ly, what's Hakka's stealth mod? I'm torn between Sathris leading because (I think) his stealth mod is higher or following because of his abysmal perception. I feel like the fluff for the Aid Another stealth check would be picking out a path and such... I'm probably over-thinking this.

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013

    Default Re: [4E] A City Alone OOC I

    Quote Originally Posted by Gavran View Post
    Oooh extra bonuses. Something I could've noted if Myth-weavers was working, but at least you know these things. :P Related-ly, what's Hakka's stealth mod? I'm torn between Sathris leading because (I think) his stealth mod is higher or following because of his abysmal perception. I feel like the fluff for the Aid Another stealth check would be picking out a path and such... I'm probably over-thinking this.
    Myth-Weavers is working now.

    Also, Hakka's Stealth modifier is +16 as a base. This can vary if he uses his footpads and camouflaged clothing (+1) and adopts the Aspect of the Lurking Spider stance (another +2 bonus), for a total of +19.

    Sathris modifier is higher, though.
    Last edited by Wdwune; 2013-12-12 at 02:21 PM.
    Awesome Alderis Kashtar avatar by Meltheim
    Spoiler
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by redzimmer View Post
    Bluff or diplomacy, the penalty's the same. (1d20-1)[1]
    Wow. Just. Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by redzimmer View Post
    And now see if a random rock on the ground with only a 3-sided dice can roll a better diplomacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    (1d3)[3] random rock

    EDIT: We have a winner. The random rock

    Spoiler
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In your nightmares!!!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] A City Alone OOC I

    Quote Originally Posted by Gavran View Post
    Oooh extra bonuses. Something I could've noted if Myth-weavers was working, but at least you know these things. :P Related-ly, what's Hakka's stealth mod? I'm torn between Sathris leading because (I think) his stealth mod is higher or following because of his abysmal perception. I feel like the fluff for the Aid Another stealth check would be picking out a path and such... I'm probably over-thinking this.
    Pairs of scouts usually work in shifts, with one leading one and then switching roles.
    Currently Playing:
    Rikard Loghaine in [4E] Grandpre Academy

    Antivian Qualinyr in [4E] Keep on the Shadowfell

    Avatar by the talented and generous Grinner!!!!

    Check out this awesome website for D&D, MTG, Anime, Music, Movies, and more!!!



  26. - Top - End - #56
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013

    Default Re: [4E] A City Alone OOC I

    Quote Originally Posted by Arq Kujos View Post
    Pairs of scouts usually work in shifts, with one leading one and then switching roles.
    That's right. Besides, when Sathris leads, he will get a +2 bonus from Hakka's aid. When Hakka leads, Sathris will still get a +2 bonus because of Hakka's wilderness knack.
    Last edited by Wdwune; 2013-12-12 at 02:26 PM.
    Awesome Alderis Kashtar avatar by Meltheim
    Spoiler
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by redzimmer View Post
    Bluff or diplomacy, the penalty's the same. (1d20-1)[1]
    Wow. Just. Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by redzimmer View Post
    And now see if a random rock on the ground with only a 3-sided dice can roll a better diplomacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    (1d3)[3] random rock

    EDIT: We have a winner. The random rock

    Spoiler
    Show

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: [4E] A City Alone OOC I

    Quote Originally Posted by Wdwune View Post
    Myth-Weavers is working now.

    Also, Hakka's Stealth modifier is +16 as a base. This can vary if he uses his footpads and camouflaged clothing (+1) and adopts the Aspect of the Lurking Spider stance (another +2 bonus), for a total of +19.

    Sathris modifier is higher, though.
    Footpadsss. I opted out because I didn't wanna have to worry about when a Stealth check was just "moving silently" or not. :P But yeah, Sathris is at 21 with your Knack.

    So, mechanical breakdown:

    Sathris's stealth: +16 (19 + 2 from knack -5 for moving more than 2 squares)

    Sathris's perception: +5 (3 + 2 pending practically guaranteed Aid Another)

    Hakka's stealth: your mods + 3 from Flock Tactics Aid Another - 5 for moving more than 2 squares

    Anddd since they're working in tandem, we run with the lowest stealth result (one getting seen more or less blows the others cover) and highest perception result (sharing information.)

    Am I missing anything? Making any flawed assumptions?

    Edit: Might you add an Aid Another for Sathis's Perception? :3

    Edit2: Sorry, that's Flock Tactics, not Flock Effect.
    Last edited by Gavran; 2013-12-12 at 03:14 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Laserlight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia Beach VA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] A City Alone OOC I

    Quote Originally Posted by Arq Kujos View Post
    And I don't know how anyone can be an atheist in a world where the gods literally manifest themselves before their worshippers.
    I can see how someone can be non-devout and even dislike the gods, but to be a true atheist is a stretch into madness.
    Which is why I don't know how Unit DEN would justify it.
    Unit DEN is willing to discuss it, but...after d12+3 minutes he segues into an unrelated subject (e.g. into the middle of a recipe involving boiled peaches) and he doesn't realize he's done it.

    Races Worship their creators. He's met his creators, and decided he didnt need to worship them.
    The only thing he knows about his creators is a) he/it/they made warforged, and b) the word "Chainpearls". That's it.

    Assume that he was INT 18 once, and now he's INT 8. He's fully functionally in the area of combat planning and execution, but that's about it.
    Last edited by Laserlight; 2013-12-12 at 09:43 PM.
    Junior, half orc paladin of the Order of St Dale the Intimidator: "Ah cain't abide no murderin' scoundrel."

    Tactical Precepts: 1) Cause chaos, then exploit it; 2) No plan survives contact with...(sigh)...my subordinates.

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: [4E] A City Alone OOC I

    Wdwune, Gavran - thank you for clearly listing your bonuses to your skill checks. It's not always necessary to go into such detail but in situations like this it's good to see them.

    As you will see, I rolled Nature for you two. If either of you have anything to add to the roll, let me know here.

    I will typically roll similar checks for you in the future, so that I can incorporate the information revealed by them into the post in question rather than writing a stilted post, asking you for a check, waiting for you to roll, and then editing the old post or adding a new one.

    I have a spreadsheet with everyone's skill bonuses, but I don't have all the ones from things like stances, gear, etc.

    If you have anything that will be used fairly frequently, list it and I will do my best to apply it as appropriate.

    This goes for everyone, btw

    As an aside, I hope you all think the current blend of player action and plot movement is good. I don't want you to feel like I'm taking too much control of your characters, but I think the way I'm doing things now gives me much greater freedom to keep things moving that a lot of PbP games I've seen.
    Last edited by Nightgaun7; 2013-12-13 at 03:16 AM.
    I have read a fiery gospel writ in burnished rows of steel

    Former DM for "A City Alone" [4E D&D - IC, OOC]

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: [4E] A City Alone OOC I

    Definitely! Most times that many different modifiers isn't going to happen, but it'd be a mess without explanations in this case. :P

    Also, calling it now - carnivorous treants are going to kill us all.

    Edit: I have no problem at all with that (or even if you want to take 10's and call it Passive Nature/Other Skills), and like how things are going so far.
    Last edited by Gavran; 2013-12-13 at 03:19 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •