New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Good Angels, Evil Demons, Neutral what?

So I had an interesting idea that I want to add to a campaign setting I'm working on.

Wings. Demons have bat ones (or in my setting, dragony lizard ones), Angels have eagle(?) ones, what about a neutral or chaotic celestial? I was thinking butterfly wings. What would neutral celestial beings be? This whole idea came from a combination of playing might and magic 5 and looking at fairy dragons from the old monster manuals.

What about a four pronged system? A Lawful good faction of angels, identified by eagle or owl wings, A Chaotic good faction that has jeweled butterfly wings, a lawful evil group with bat wings, and a chaotic evil group with dragon wings?

The deific system of my setting is polarized to two figures, a bird goddess and an evil lizard.
    Last edited by GoblinGilmartin; 2013-12-07 at 02:14 PM.

GraveGobbler Avatar still made by Ceika!

I'm revamping my blog. slightly new look, very new name, hopefully some new content soon.
    It's called Diceroller Flicks Goblin on The Grid and it's centered around RPG themed films and other stuff I want to put up.
    My Latest post? My favorite source of plot hooks for D&D
    http://goblinonthegrid.wordpress.com/

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Good Angels, Evil Demons, Neutral what?

Quote Originally Posted by Mastergilgamesh View Post
    So I had an interesting idea that I want to add to a campaign setting I'm working on.

Wings. Demons have bat ones (or in my setting, dragony lizard ones), Angels have eagle(?) ones, what about a neutral or chaotic celestial? I was thinking butterfly wings.

What about a four pronged system? A Lawful good faction of angels, identified by eagle or owl wings, A Chaotic good faction that has jeweled butterfly wings, a lawful evil group with bat wings, and a chaotic evil group with dragon wings?

The deific system of my setting is polarized to two figures, a bird goddess and an evil lizard.
    So what are you asking advice for? Ideas for strict neutral outsiders? Looks of them? Approval of the examples you gave? Please be more specific.

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by Amnoriath View Post
    So what are you asking advice for? Ideas for strict neutral outsiders? Looks of them? Approval of the examples you gave? Please be more specific.
    I'm sorry for the scattered thoughts! I was more looking for ideas for chaotic good fluff, like, is there already something similar somewhere?

I'm revamping my blog. slightly new look, very new name, hopefully some new content soon.
    It's called Diceroller Flicks Goblin on The Grid and it's centered around RPG themed films and other stuff I want to put up.

4. - Top - End - #4

Well, butterfly wings scream "fey" to me.

How about white bird wings for good celestials, other colored bird wings for neutral ones?

Or maybe dragonfly wings?

Jetpacks?
    My Homebrew (Free to use, don't even bother asking. PM me if you do, though; I'd love to hear stories).

Avatar done by me (It's Durkon redrawn as Salvador from Borderlands 2).

Nod, get treat.

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by sengmeng View Post
    Well, butterfly wings scream "fey" to me.

How about white bird wings for good celestials, other colored bird wings for neutral ones?

Or maybe dragonfly wings?

Jetpacks?
    Well, fey are pretty self-centered, right? That could be neutral...

and yeah, the Birdmother (The goddess) is usually depicted as a tropical bird.

I guess I really just didn't want to divide it up fully between the 9 alignments.
    Last edited by GoblinGilmartin; 2013-12-07 at 02:39 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Mastergilgamesh View Post
    Well, fey are pretty self-centered, right? That could be neutral...

and yeah, the Birdmother (The goddess) is usually depicted as a tropical bird.

I guess I really just didn't want to divide it up fully between the 9 alignments.
    Well, they're your creations. Real life options are confined to bird, bat, bug, and maybe pterosaur (pretty similar to bat, really, except just one "finger"). So, IDK. Bird wings can come in different colors, bug wings have the pretty butterfly or veiny dragonfly versions, and bat and reptile ones are both kind of sinister and similar. So I see it as "Angel" (white bird wings), "neutral" (other bird wings), "good(ish) fey" (butterfly), "neutral fey" (dragonfly), "monstrous" (dragon or pterosaur) and "Demon" (Bat).

And jetpacks for gnomes and constructs.
    My Homebrew (Free to use, don't even bother asking. PM me if you do, though; I'd love to hear stories).

Avatar done by me (It's Durkon redrawn as Salvador from Borderlands 2).

Nod, get treat.

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by sengmeng View Post

And jetpacks for gnomes and constructs.
    what is this, Exalted?