New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: General Kickstarter Thread Mk II

Exploding Kittens launched 3 days ago and is already at ~$3.5 million and 90,000 backers. Which is rather insane.

I don't have any idea who two of the people are but the person doing the art is The Oatmeal*, which I'm sure most people have heard or or at least seen reposts of some of his stuff.

The game looks pretty straight forward and decent for a party game. Doesn't look like anything too special as a game, but it does show what popularity can bring to a Kickstarter project.

*This is my favorite of his.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

I went to a convention and found a beta test of a game called Vidar-An RPG Puzzler Where Everyone Dies.
    The game has a kickstarter, and I am definitely donating, though I don't know what tier yet.

In the game, you are trying to save a town where one person dies every night. You have to stop the beast who is killing them before they all die. Each play through is different, and you can get a complete different story and different quests every time you play through, which I find very interesting.

The kickstarter has 18 days left, and still needs funds. I believe (I suggest you fact-check) that it will only be funded if the goal is reached, so you don't need to worry about losing money to an unsuccessful kickstarter.

Also, this one, called Orphan, seems very interesting. It is a 2D game in which you are the only survivor of an alien invasion. You must survive the aliens by sneaking and attacking their robots. I don't know how to explain the whole thing, so check it out.
    Last edited by Duck999; 2015-02-09 at 11:30 AM.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Ghostbusters The Board Game

Just thought I'd leave this here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Trials of Ascension sounds like one of the coolest ideas for an MMORPG that I've seen.

I generally don't like such games, but it's enough to draw my attention. It sounds like they got a bad reputation, but an unearned one, due to their last Kickstarter failing, but they sound up-and-up and like a good game company.

The coolest thing to me is that there are three races (might be four if enough funds raised), and they are each a different play style. Humans are the usual MMO with a cooperative build (economy, crafting, and everything is handled by PCs), raknar are monstrous spiders that live in a hive-like structure, and dragons are solo-play.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2015-03-01 at 09:56 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Original Board Game

Hey guys and gals,

I've been working with an indie developer doing design and art for an original comic style board game. It's been really fun and rewarding.
    Check it out, and if you like it, please back us. The game has playtested really well so far. Game play utilizes strategy, exploration and combat.

Cypress Inheritance: The Board Game

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey guys, my professor Jesse Schell's game is on Kickstarter in its last 48 hours right now.

The game is a parody of Oregon Trail, IN SPACE! The gameplay lies in making decisions, based on the stats of your crew and your ship. You can play it on Kongregate here (requires Unity Player):

Give it a shot, it's really fun! They need all the pledges they can get now, in the final 48.

Check out our O'Reilly Book, "Creating Augmented and Virtual Realities: Theory and Practice for Next-Generation Spatial Computing"
    I contributed Chapter 13: "Virtual Reality Enterprise Training Use Cases"

7. - Top - End - #37

Hey boys and girls in the playground! There is a board game kickstarter I'm excited about.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...rs/description

It's a tacticle space board game that includes combat, trade, and diplomacy.

It's got a little more than a week to go!

It's gotten good reviews and has a play and print for you to try out! With a high production value and interesting gameplay mechanics, I highly suggest you give it a try!

“You know what your problem is, it's that you haven't seen enough movies - all of life's riddles are answered in the movies.” Davis. -Steve Martin- Grand Canyon

Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey all, I am new to the site and am enjoying it a lot so far! My name is Rich and I enjoy creating things and so I made these very unique dice. Anyways, I started my first Kickstarter project to get my feet wet and would really love some constructive criticism if you have any! Thanks again and here is my project:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...60/billet-dice

Last edited by rich s; 2015-03-18 at 08:38 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

So there's a game called Pandante that came out a while back. Neat little fusion of Hold 'Em and lying games, where you're betting about what your hand is, and can lie about it. The original game had a bunch of wrinkles, but there's a Kickstarter to reprint it as a revised game, with some really neat expansion cards added to it as well! I'm really impressed by the caliber of the stuff there, and David Sirlin's got a strong track record with delivering Kickstarters.

It's Poker, plus lying pandas. What more could you want? (KS ends on the 11th.)

Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem; 2015-04-04 at 05:35 PM.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Lightbulb Re: General Kickstarter Thread Mk II

Just browsing Kickstarter and I came across The Titan Series. It is a whole bunch of tabletop games from the creators of Magic: the Gathering, the Pathfinder card game, and many more famous game designers. I thought it was cool, so i;m dropping it here.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Yooka-Laylee, a 3D platformer not only inspired by Banjo-Kazooie, but also made by former employees of Rare, mostra of which made Banjo as well. It's well past 1m pounds, with only a day out.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

12. - Top - End - #42

Hey Guys, This is a reminder for TWO kickstarter games, one is EVOLUTION the other SHADOWSTAR CORSAIRS.

The one you can see up above, both are fully funded and have just a few days left. Now is the time to jump on board and get some great games and help push through some extra goodies!

EVOLUTION: Flight expansion and 2nd edition game
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...on-game-system

Shadowstar Corsairs
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...tar-corsairs-0
    Last edited by themaque; 2015-05-16 at 08:27 AM.
    “You know what your problem is, it's that you haven't seen enough movies - all of life's riddles are answered in the movies.” Davis. -Steve Martin- Grand Canyon

Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

I want to recommend this kickstarter game: Umbra
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1062682568/umbra

A CryEngine ARPG which seems to be super unique and showcase a lot of modding potential! It also looks beautiful without being a resource-hog, at least last time I asked. IT is best described as a Skyrim-Diablo saga hybrid.

a preview video is here
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THvjTqx7wCw

new video detailing environmental background and interactions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-jfdg8Gmic

Update #3 out!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1236623

New update out, showcasing the powerful "Create your house" game feature!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...38219?ref=dash

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

Umbra update
    Twitch released and archived: http://www.twitch.tv/crytek/b/663341683

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Surprised there wasn't any previous mention of this.

Longtime Castlevania producer Koji "IGA" Igarashi made a kickstarter for a new metroidvania style game, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.

There's about a week left so what are you waiting for? Go back it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ht/description
    trill in da playground

16. - Top - End - #46
    Firbolg in the Playground

Diluvion is a fully 3D open world submarine exploration & combat game with crew and character interactions. Basically something like Freelancer or X but set underwater with submarines instead of space with spaceships, and where you can collect crews that can help you, like in Sunless Sea or Mount and Blade I guess.

I need to shill this project because this is the closest to my dream game that I've ever seen (not exactly the dream game I have, but closest to it).

So check it out!
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

InXile, the guys who brought us Wasteland 2 (via a record-breaking Kickstarter) and are finishing up a Planescape game, are nearly at their goal for funding The Bard's Tale IV. Yep, all you old- and new-old-schoolers, Skara Brae is back.

Here's the link to their KS page: InXile Kickstarter

All sorts of little bonuses, physical and software on display. $5 will get you a letter of amnesty from Brian Fargo if, ahem, you submitted to the Jolly Roger's call back in the day.

Have a look!

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Shenmue 3, the third game from the original Dreamcast series, is currently on Kickstarter and they've already met the funding with 27 days left to go: link.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to mention our project Foe Hunters here :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ckbuilding-gam

Foe Hunters is a co-op fantasy adventure deckbuilding game. Each player takes the role of a powerful hero as they all work together to defeat an evil foe. Each hero has a starting deck that is totally unique, and you don't spend cards to buy cards; each hero has an experience pool they accrue throughout the game that they use for currency to purchase cards.

If it sounds like something you are interested in, check out our campaign and watch some of the review videos. We have had an awesome response so far, just need to keep the ball rolling!

Thanks for your time!

20. - Top - End - #50

NinjaGuy

Default Re: General Crowdfunding Thread Mk II

Hi all,

I made this thing -

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-master-of-the

DOJO A character building card drafting martial arts game. A round of group training(thing Rocky montage) followed by punching friends in the face during sparring. "Ride the Tiger" "Secret Fist" "Crane Walks the Path" Poison the Soup", etc...

Thanks for checking it out and for supporting indie game development!

Josh - Strmod.com

"Pocket Sand"
    Last edited by NeverSleep; 2015-07-22 at 11:34 AM.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

21. - Top - End - #51
    Colossus in the Playground

On my phone so sorry for post quality.
    A friend of mine has this kickstarter for an OpenTTD game graphics suite. If you're into transport sims and the like, please check it out.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

This game looks pretty cool:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...on/description

Quick summary from the website:
    Fall of Civilization – A post-apocalyptic strategy/simulator game.

You play as a survivor of the end of the world, controlling a faction of people you choose how you live in the new world and what the rules are. Build up your economy and upgrade your base to draw in more survivors to your community, but beware the stronger you get the more likely other factions will start looking at you. The choices you make of who you decide to be in this new world determine how the world and its people will treat you.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Monster Allegiance - card game

www.monsterallegiance.com

https://youtu.be/UXRSo_qjxo4

Monster Allegiance is a strategic fast-paced card game which challenges 2-4 players to compete for majority control over a horde of powerful and often unpredictable monsters. Tilt the balance of power in your favor and hold it until the end of the game, and you win! But beware... These are not mindless minions, but proud and dangerous creatures. Defeat an opponent’s monster, and you’ll earn it’s allegiance. But if one falls to your opponent… you’ll lose its respect and it’ll turn against you! As a Monster Commander, you must strategically decide when and where to place each monster, how to capitalize on the elemental strengths and weaknesses of each, and how to turn the tide with powerful item and element cards. Enter the Monster’s arena, but keep your mind sharp…. for if it dulls, your usefulness to the monsters will swiftly end...

24. - Top - End - #54
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    Exploding Kittens launched 3 days ago and is already at ~$3.5 million and 90,000 backers. Which is rather insane.

I don't have any idea who two of the people are but the person doing the art is The Oatmeal*, which I'm sure most people have heard or or at least seen reposts of some of his stuff.

The game looks pretty straight forward and decent for a party game. Doesn't look like anything too special as a game, but it does show what popularity can bring to a Kickstarter project.

*This is my favorite of his.
    Some of this projects just go crazy!
    Last edited by Moreybooy; 2015-08-13 at 03:12 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Pixie in the Playground

Hi guys!

We're just have launched few days ago with our RPG game on Kickstarter and appreciate every kind of support!

Some info abot the project:

Exoplanet: First Contact is a single-player, story driven action RPG set in a Space Western universe. Here, real and fictional technologies meet the cruel and unforgiving, yet romantic reality of the Wild West.

You are Jack Sharp, a daring adventurer, stranded on a dangerous, wild planet known as K’Tharsis. K’Tharsis is a former mining outpost, gradually becoming a ghost colony as the Antigravium Crystal Rush is over and the inhabitants struggle for survival.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...first-contact/

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

So Mantic games has started a new Kickstarter called Warpath
    It is a sci-fi setting and is mostly designed to target disillusioned 40k players. They also do Kings of War, which is their attempt at fixing the mess GW did with Warhammer Fantasy.

The Warpath kickstarter funded in a few hours and in a couple days has gone through quite a few stretch goals. I've taken a look at the alpha rules they have released and it looks pretty good. They actually are working on two sets of rules, one is a bit more abstracted than 40k, a bit more on the "epic" side of combat and they are working on another system that is designed for smaller games. The latter they don't have any alpha rules up for yet, just the basic ideas they are looking at. I think they fixed a few of the things I didn't like about 40k, but I haven't delved too deeply into it to see how I think it might work overall.

I think most of the models they've shown so far look pretty good.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Hello all.

I'm going to plug my kickstarter to create a campaign setting ebook for a campaign setting I'm using on these boards as well as in an in person campaign. I want to convert the setting to 5e, and the funds are going to supplies for my testers, who are new to 5e. It would be awesome if thus got popular enough to warrant making a physical book for the campaign setting, but I would be very pleased to get the supplies to thoroughly play test it.

Here is the link to the kickstarter.

If interested, here is the recruitment thread for the game on the board using this setting. The game has just started, but here is the IC as well.
    Last edited by tigerusthegreat; 2015-09-28 at 03:27 PM.
    The Chaotic Evil Dungeon Master

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

A tactical turn based Battletech game is being launched by the same team that did the Shadowrun PC games.

It is already past the 5x funding level and is going towards filling out the game. Right now it is a skirmish game and has a single player campaign. It will have a more open world design once they get to $1.85M and will get PvP on Solaris 7 once they get to $2.5M. It is at $1.2M now and it is been up for a day or so.

It is set in the 3025 Succession Era Wars time period. So before the clans, which isn't a problem for me.

Apparently there was an earlier Battletech game that someone tried to kickstart but it failed. This is in no way connected to that one.

Also the Steamcraft game looks pretty good, but since they've bought a banner add here I'm sure most people have already seen it.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

Thought some people here might enjoy this Kickstarter since it is a RPG boardgame without a GM. Especially since they are collaborating with Adam & Brady Sadler (Descent: Journeys in the Dark Second Edition), Ed Greenwood, and Jason Engle (some well known D&D and Pathfinder art)

Folklore the Affliction is a dark fantasy role playing board game for 1-5 players that does not require a game master. Adventure in a land steeped in fear, myth and superstition. Hunt or be hunted by creatures of antiquity and legend. Explore dangerous locales to find clues to the sources of evil sinking claws into the heart of the land, and decimating the populace. Defend the weak from the scourge of witchcraft and the demonic, the taint of lycanthropy and vampirism. Advance through highly immersive stories of epic scale with multi-layer character development in an on-going quest to drive the darkness back into the hell from which it came.

For more information check out the KICKSTARTER PAGE.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

MST3K is back.
    Or at least trying to come back, because this is the kickstarter thread and all. Given their early numbers I think it is a pretty sure thing.

I don't think there needs to be much else said.