New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: General Crowdfunding Thread Mk II

Dungeons and Colouring Kickstarter ends tomorrow.

It's RPG themed colouring books.

Looks fun.
    Last edited by Thistledown; 2019-02-08 at 06:09 AM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Legends of Novus, 1-5 player fantasy adventure boardgame, live on Kickstarter!

If you get a moment, head over to **kck.st/2SVsUoH[/url**. Search Legends of Novus in Kickstarter.
    Everything you need to know to decide if you will enjoy this game is on the KS site, check it out!

Enter a new fantasy world and become an epic hero in this 1-5 player adventure and combat tabletop board game. Featuring an open concept world, a card based character sheet, and a dynamic play style that ensures each game will play out differently regardless of the number of players!
    Novus is a world torn asunder, rebuilding after a torrent of supernatural energy called the Maelstrom that struck it over one hundred years ago. Players will take on the role of a heroic character striving to defeat the evils that now plague the world, and, if successful, they will become a Legend of Novus.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Are You a Wizard - Kickstarter for a Nearly-Done Roguelike

Greetings, all!

Thomas Orr, a church friend of mine, has a nearly-done Roguelike named Are You a Wizard. A playable version for Windows, Mac, and Linux is downloadable via the Kickstarter page. Extra funding goes toward upgrading the art and audio.

May you also find this game spiffy enough to financially back.

Thankee!
    Quote Originally Posted by GPuzzle View Post
    And I do agree that the right answer to the magic/mundane problem is to make everyone badass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    If you're of a philosophical bent, the powergamer is a great example of Heidegger's modern technological man, who treats a game's mechanics as a standing reserve of undifferentiated resources that are to be used for his goals.
    My Complete Tome of Battle Maneuver/Stance/Class Overhaul

Arseplomancy = Fanatic Tarrasque!

4. - Top - End - #124
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hello everyone.

Just want to share these dice here and help out a friend whose running the project. Bloody Horror dice, d6 covered in blood and guts and things! Might be of interest to those who like to table top board game!
    Cheers

http://kck.st/2Uta0Gu

5. - Top - End - #125
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hello everyone
    I love collecting dice, and like stretch goals - so I love to share all the stuff I back, as you can probably see here by most of my posts :P
    I backed these Gemstones , they look great and I hope I can get Neptune! Lots to go though...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...emstone-dice-2

6. - Top - End - #126
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Dance Card!

Here is a new game to check out on Kickstarter. It is a board game with some RPG aspects. The creators are friends, and my family and I play-tested as did my college-age daughter and her friends. We did not want to return our play-test copy and have been looking forward to the launch. It was different, clever, and fun. Check it out.

I have only ever made a couple of posts in the forum so, no link. :-( (However, you can take this rare post from me as a strong endorsement for my friends' game.)

You will need to go to KickStarter and search for "Dance Card!"

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

Late backing available for 3.5 RPG Realms Beyond.
    https://realms-beyond.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

8. - Top - End - #128
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Battletech Clan Invasion Kickstarter A Kickstarter for a new BattleTech boxed set (acting as a follow up to the two recent boxed sets, Battletech Beginner Box and Battletech A Game of Armored Combat) that is set during the Clan Invasion. This set, and the previous two, feature newly redesigned plastic miniatures. This Kickstarter also has a number of add-ons for several redesigned Clan and Inner Sphere mechs, along with all kinds of other things (dice, shirts, maps, books ,etc). The campaign has been blowing through stretch goals and still has a while to go. I will mention that you need to read through the stretch goals to see what all each backing level gets as there are a lot of things buried in there that are not mentioned in the backer sections.

I own the other two new boxed sets and the miniatures are a noticeable improvement over their last attempt at plastic miniatures and they are coming pretty close to the metal miniatures. Their cost is cheaper than the metal minis from Iron Wind Metals and their selection in this campaign is tremendous.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Because I'm an idiot and I posted in the wrong thread, here it is in the actual correct one...

We're currently running a Kickstarter Campaign for Solasta: Crown of the Magister: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...f-the-magister

It's a single-player Tactical RPG based on the OGL 5e ruleset, with turn-based combat on the equivalent of a 3D battle mat. The campaign takes place in a High Fantasy world named Solasta. We also have a free Demo on Steam for those who want to check out the gameplay: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1..._the_Magister/

Here are a few images of the game:

Since there are a lot of people Tabletop fans around here I thought it might interested some of you!

Cheers,
    Myzzrym

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Guys, guys!

Musical video game! With a ton of big name talent behind it, and an urban fantasy/greek mythology setting akin to Hadestown!

This is Chorus and it's the most awesome video game project I've seen proposed in a while. I don't feel I can even articulate much more than these images and video show, so... everyone, get over to Fig and support this thing!

Please? For your old pal Valin, at least give it a look.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Pixie in the Playground

Isometric map-making "software + content" combo on Kickstarter

GMs who would like to make gorgeous full-color isometric maps or "handouts" for their players should check this out.

No drawing skill required. Making isometric maps can be about as easy as snapping blocks together to create your own unique fantasy or modern day locale.

Check out the campaign.
    MapForge is easy-to-use battlemap creation software for Windows and Mac OS X.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

So gonna share this one here, since I imagine it'll interest some of the folks here.

This fun little board game/miniature battle game by the name of Necromolds is currently running a kickstarter. At the moment it's on day 4, and already fully funded. Main shtick for the game is that rather than a point system like say, Warhammer, is that all the figures you want to use are molded from play-doh-style clay, and each player has an equal amount of clay to build their army. Currently has three sets of rules intended for players of different ages, with the simplest rules suitable for ages 5-9. Might not do it for those into more rules-heavy stuff, but it's a great choice for a "kids first war game".

And the best part? Defeated units aren't just removed from the board. No, they get squished up nice and good.

Anyways, as mentioned, fully funded already and hitting stretch goals, will be running for another 20 days, and the backer rewards are slated for a June 2020 delivery.

Campaign can be found here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...onster-battles

And just as disclosure, I'm not in any way affiliated with the creators, save for having exchanged a few pleasant tweets. I just want to see this thing succeed good and proper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    So please, by Anthony Bourdain's left nut, do not call gravy blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    the only way to get it into space was to build the atmospheric stages on top of it like a 400-ton hat made of fire and structural inadequacy.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

The company I worked for just launched a Kickstarter for our new board game this morning. It's a card-based role-playing game that's pretty easy to pick up for beginners and casual players. I think the art style and sense of humor will really appeal to OOTS fans. Link below; we've done several successful Kickstarters for our games in the past, so hopefully our reputation for being reliable and delivering on our products will factor into your decision.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...e/here-to-slay

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous has its Kickstarter happening NOW! It ends March 10/11, 2020!

This time, we get PLAYER MOD SUPPORT and TURN-BASED COMBAT promised by the devs!

We're on stretch goals now, and that means that more money and more social support gets us the Oread race, a Spanish game translation, and the ability to romance a queen! Alleluia!
    Last edited by Endarire; 2020-02-23 at 11:21 PM.
    And I do agree that the right answer to the magic/mundane problem is to make everyone badass.
    If you're of a philosophical bent, the powergamer is a great example of Heidegger's modern technological man, who treats a game's mechanics as a standing reserve of undifferentiated resources that are to be used for his goals.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Endarire View Post
    Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous has its Kickstarter happening NOW! It ends March 10/11, 2020!

This time, we get PLAYER MOD SUPPORT and TURN-BASED COMBAT promised by the devs!

We're on stretch goals now, and that means that more money and more social support gets us the Oread race, a Spanish game translation, and the ability to romance a queen! Alleluia!
    Kingmaker's biggest problem was its buggy release. It took Owlcat a year, but they stuck around and patched everything. And they've explained how they're gonna use bots and tools and more rigorous bug-fixing to avoid making the same mistake. I'm pretty excited about this game too.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

16. - Top - End - #136
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

AFK is a web series about players waking up in the world of their fantasy MMORPG

I just found this series recently, but they already have 5 or 6 hours of content you can watch for free.

They are Kickstarting the last chapter now. Give it a look, spread the word to any friends you think might like, and throw them a couple NZ$ if you can.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ee/description

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just in case there are any old-school Mac gamers lurking around here, the designers of Escape Velocity: Override have launched a Kickstarter to remake the game, retitled as Cosmic Frontier: Override. You can find the link here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ntier-override

I'm doubtless showing my age, but many, many years ago there was a sandboxy, top-down 2D space fighting/trading/exploring game for the Macintosh by the name of Escape Velocity. It had two sequels, EV: Override and EV: Nova, but only the last one was ever available on PC.

The general idea of all the Escape Velocity games was the same: you start out in a tiny shuttle and fly from planet to planet trying to make money. You can buy and sell trade goods, run delivery missions, collect bounties, or even turn pirate, all the while trying to upgrade your ship and equipment.

Each of the games had a main 'storyline,' a series of missions that would tie in to the setting of the game. They were entirely optional, but generally a lot of fun.

EV: Override takes place in the wake of a failed alien invasion of human territory. The two sides have been stuck in a low-intensity stalemate for years since then. A good time to be an up and coming pilot.

The games were very much along the lines of games like Elite or Wing Commander Privateer, but the actual ship combat was more like the melee in Star Control 2. Endless Sky was created as a modern successor to Escape Velocity, though in practice I find it places less of an emphasis on the actual piloting.

Anyway, the writer for EV: Override was sad that the game was increasingly difficult to play on modern computers and decided to create a new version of it. He was unable to use the Escape Velocity name, but he was able to use just about everything else.

The new game will run on multiple platforms, which is good since my Mac days are long over. They still have a ways to go before they're funded and a bit less than two weeks to do it in. As a fan of the old games I'm hoping they pull it off.

-H
    Last edited by Hatu; 2020-05-06 at 11:29 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Pixie in the Playground

d20 Re: General Crowdfunding Thread Mk II

The Kickstarter campaign for Knights of the Chalice 2 is now live: kickstarter.com/projects/1848628223/knights-of-the-chalice-2-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs?ref=1uz2i4

KotC 2 is a party-based epic cRPG with turn-based combat for Windows and Mac OS. The game is inspired by Temple of Elemental Evil, Dark Sun Shattered Lands, Baldur's Gate 2, Neverwinter Nights 2 and Planescape: Torment.

KotC 2 uses the OGL 3.5, the ruleset at the root of D&D 3.5, just like KotC 1, which has a Free Demo at heroicfantasygames.com/Download.htm and on Steam.

The first KotC 2 adventure module, Augury of Chaos, and the KotC 2 module and campaign editor for Windows and Mac OS will be released to Kickstarter backers as soon as the campaign ends.

In KotC 2: Augury of Chaos, your Heroic Party confronts a group of Evil Fanatics allied with various Demons and Fiendish Dragons.

Blast your enemies with more than 700 spells, bull-rush them into spike pits, trick them with your superior guile, or crush them with your enchanted greatsword!

The Kickstarter campaign will support the creation of at least three new KotC 2 adventure modules: The Dark Arena, Forces of Chaos and Heart of Evil. It will also improve the game's graphics and facilitate the addition of new character classes and many other features.

I hope that you will join the campaign! If you like the project, please share this message with your friends and social networks! Thank you for reading! :-)

Last edited by BlueSalamander; 2020-06-28 at 08:17 AM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

@BlueSalamander:
    Thanks for doing my job of broadcasting KotC2!

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Did you like those old Impressions city building games? Cesar III, Pharaoh, Zeus? Well this might be to your liking.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../aztec-empire/

It's called Aztec Empire! There's a playable demo already, if you want to try it out. Or if you just want to see it, here's one of my favorite youtubers playing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpxX1PtcP30
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Pixie in the Playground

d20 Re: General Crowdfunding Thread Mk II

The Knights of the Chalice 2 Kickstarter Ends In Only Three Days!

Don't Miss The Chance To Get 3.5 Epic CRPG KotC 2 Right After The End Of The Campaign, While Supporting The Development Of Future Adventure Modules!

Join Today at kickstarter.com/projects/1848628223/knights-of-the-chalice-2-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs?ref=1uz2i4

We've already reached the campaign's Fourth Stretch Goal and we're well on our way to reach the Fifth Stretch Goal before the end of the campaign!

Since the beginning of the campaign, I have uploaded Four KotC 2 Combat Videos, and I will upload the fifth one today. Here is the Second Combat Video.

Thank You, Mighty Warriors and Puissant Mages!!

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Eiyuden Chronicle, a spiritual successor to the PlayStation 1 game Suikoden II has a Kickstarter that ends in about 3 days from this post! (That's August 28 or 29, 2020 depending on your time zone!) The people working on Eiyuden Chronicle also worked on Suikoden, meaning they're well-versed in making this sort of game!

Suikoden is a party-based JRPG with army building/tactical battles, town/base building, and an expected playable cast of about 100 characters, but not all at the same time!

As of this writing, the Kickstarter is on stretch goals! I've already backed it and I encourage you to back it too! Let's make this the best JRPG yet!

(As an extra, ProJared explains more about this project and his involvement with its announcement.)

Enjoy and thankee!

23. - Top - End - #143
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

If you're a fan of X-Wing, or just really dig neon lights amd dog fights, Aerodome - Rising Horizons just dropped on Kickstarter.

It is made by one of the guys behind the X-Wing tournament scene and looks like it incorporates some deck building into the usual maneuver and shoot of skirmish games. I'm into it because, between the Great War prop planes, winged muscle cars, and arcade space ships, I love the gonzo, sci-fi vibes.
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

Looks like not a lot of exciting kickstarters happening recently? I got burnt out on them after Spartan Games went under and I lost all of that kickstarter, and I got a few other games that I got just fine, I just didn't get to playing them for a long time (two I've yet to play, many expansions I haven't even opened)

There is one I'm excited about though, Battletech. I missed the Clan Invasion kickstarter, but I'm going decently big into the Mercenaries one.

BattleTech: Mercenaries by Catalyst Games — Kickstarter

Battletech has had a big growth period lately, it's gotten pretty crazy finding used books even. And I'm buying in even though I also haven't actually got to play Battletech in a long while, I'm really hoping to.