A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Guardians of Gem OOC 3: The Crystal Empire Rises

“I’d like to thank all of you for accepting this offer.” the woman says, sitting up straight in her chair and smiling. You might wonder what’s going on – last you heard, the despot of gem was a dark skinned, slightly pudgy man of middling age, rather than the chocolate skinned young woman who sits before you.

“I know this is a rather large task, since I have no doubts that most of Creation has their eyes on us. Wealth always draws attention, jealousy… I’m sure you understand. Nevertheless. It’s going to be your job to keep Gem intact, secure, and under the control of its rightful masters.”
    The despot pauses for a moment.
    “Which, of course, is me. I know the realm’s rather unhappy with us after some recent events, so they’re likely to be one of the first people to attack, but their lack of support is going to let all the other ravening wolves come for us. Realm withdrawal is giving us some major economic issues, but we do have some contacts working on that.

Of course, I’m sure that you’re all quite interested in the matter of payment. So, let me put it like this. If you can protect Gem until calibration, you will never encounter anything that can be bought that you cannot afford.”

---

So. Hi!
    I don’t have an excellent track record on game running, but recently it’s been my players screwing it up, rather than me, so maybe I can do better.

If it’s not clear, this game is going to see you defend the eternal victim, Gem, from everything in Creation. Hopefully, I can leave some space in the plot for you to leave it to check up on things, or go after enemies rather than waiting for them to turn up, or even to search for allies and attempt diplomacy!

I don’t want to run paranoia, so don’t be too worried, but you probably do want to try to cover as many of the unpleasant keywords as you can. I’m not going to target them specifically, but I’ll use them if they fit.

I’m open to any exalt type, including Nocturnals. I have NO idea how alchemicals will fit in as protagonists, so I’ll work that out if someone wants them. I’m not a fan of TAW, so if you want them you’ll need to convince me.2.5 errata is in effect, and I’m very fond of homebrew so come at me!

As for chargen. apply the following houserules:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Take a total of 60 BP to start with, and have E4, WP 10 for free. You’re all going to buy them, so let’s make it easy. Maximum starting essence is 5, and you may not be old enough to hit E6 yet. Everyone uses Solar BP costs where they would be beneficial, and Lunar's use Schaefer's chargen. (Yes, they still get the one bonus attribute dot)

Free Ox-Bodies equal to Stamina.

Free Excellencies (Five for Solars/Abyssals, four for Dragonbloods/Sidereals, Three for Lunars/Alchemicals/Nocturnals (Alchemicals have excellency-only slots with them), and all purchases of patron/favoured Yozis for Infernals.)
    Lunar charms do not have excellency prereqs.

Free spells on initiation charms for sorcery/necromancy; the countermagic and one spell of your choice. Lunars can learn their choice of Labyrinth Necromancy and Celestial Sorcery. Infernals that have the necromancy charm and Adamant sorcery can use the charm to access Void circle. Infernals may use Sidereal Martial Arts.

Everyone has their own totemic anima, regardless of exalt type.

Use the best chargen in the book: Sidereals use the usable chargen instead of ronin, DBs use realm chargen.

I’ll be giving out BP instead of EXP, so be aware of that.

Unless there are major objections, Revlid’s Craft and Mutation fixes are in effect.

So are my Eclipsoid changes. Charmshare is dangerous but fun – use it to do cool things and fun things and everything is fine. Use it to step on your teammate’s toes or to become unstoppably powerful and there will be consequences.
    As for the rest of my homebrew...

If you use broken things, I will use broken things. Like Zeal, for example. Don’t be broken.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I’ll bend the setting when it helps my narrative, so if you want to check something’s okay, ask. What’s more, coolness always comes first. If it’s covered by the Rule of Cool, ask me and we can work something out.
    Player Character Caste
    Maugan Ra Ashur Dawn Solar
    Recaiden Camdaimonia, Shintai Sa Adorjan Night Solar
    Mechanix Your Untimely Demise Slayer Infernal
    Edge Ivory Skies Scourge Infernal
    Imrix Sharihmelis, the Aegis of Truth Full Moon Lunar
    The_Snark Clover No Moon Lunar
    industrious Fourth Clever Victory Comet Nocturnal
    Ifni Glass Knife Chosen of Serenity Sidereal
    Crumplepunch Brasla Warrior Jadeborn
    DrakeRaids Roses Among Doves Nebula Nocturnal
    Gargulec Final Glimpse of the Starless Sky Daybreak Abyssal

So, this is STILL still an OOC thread. Go nuts?

First IC Thread!
    Second IC Thread!

BP COUNT
    Standard: 21BP
    Bonus Awards: 4BP

3 Die stunt counter: 9, 3BP
    TOTAL: 28BP
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2014-09-20 at 03:36 PM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Guardians of Gem OOC 3: The Crystal Empire Rises

Why would Zeys even WST the entire region, aside from either being a cardboard villain or just playing an another game entirely?
    "I can turn this merciless rock desert into a fertile land with water and even more natural resources. You're afraid of what it would do to the city? It's okay, I can just shape what lies outside its walls. Gem's still a rocky fortress but now it has crops and water aplenty."

I mean, that's an unambiguiously good outcome. Demise would be all over this. So would pretty much anyone in Gem. "Bring prosperity to the barren wastes" is the kind of epic deeds Solars achieved in the glory of the First Age. It's what Solar Circle sorcery can do.

It would also make Gem, as a setting element, completely unrecognizable.
    Last edited by Mechanix; 2013-12-10 at 12:12 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3

Hello new thread. Sorry to begin on a sour note.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Guys, I know UMI is a sore spot for a lot of you, but please trust that Drake isn't gonna go nuts with it. If you both trust one another to play fairly, we won't have any problems.
    The original question was whether it would be okay to use Will Crushing Force to crush wills, and that Drake wouldn't bother taking it if we were going to be up in arms about it. Now that people have said they are not okay with it, Drake is taking it anyway, and now the focus has been shifted to a question of trust. This is not argument in good faith.

CCoP can function in Creation, as a Blasphemy effect. Considering that both Heaven and at LEAST one party member would be upset by this, you can probably guess that it's not going to happen very often. (Plus it's hardly an effective last resort if you need to spend an hour tagging it with some other charm before using the actual charm.)
    This really depends on you enforcing Blasphemy effects with appropriate censure.

In the end, it's up to you guys,
    Okay. I vote against, for whatever that's worth.
    Last edited by Crumplepunch; 2013-12-10 at 12:13 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanix View Post
    "I can turn this merciless rock desert into a fertile land with water and even more natural resources. You're afraid of what it would do to the city? It's okay, I can just shape what lies outside its walls. Gem's still a rocky fortress but now it has crops and water aplenty."

I mean, that's an unambiguiously good outcome. Demise would be all over this. So would pretty much anyone in Gem. "Bring prosperity to the barren wastes" is the kind of epic deeds Solars achieved in the glory of the First Age. It's what Solar Circle sorcery can do.

It would also make Gem, as a setting element, completely unrecognizable.
    Easy solutions are, at the end of the day, boring. It is kind of an argument that asks why didn't eagles fetch the Fellowship to Mordor, or at least closer to Mordor.

Also, unambiguously good solutions never exist, it is trivial to write a story of social and economical collapse because of sudden fertility and access to previously restricted resources. And thus, usage of such powers is restricted - because to be honest, we all know how attempting to create utopias tends to end.
    (02:10:41) Emily Lorn: that's beyond angsty
    (02:10:45) Emily Lorn: that's /depressing/
    (02:10:55) Emily Lorn: you're fired as my angst consultant for being overqualified
    ---
    Pink haired Sister of Battle avatar by Akrim.elf

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Regarding Drake's character...

As far as Will-Crushing Force goes, I'm okay with that. It's analogous to murder, but hey, we're Exalted, we murder people sometimes. Okay a lot of times.

Okay, sometimes we don't murder people. It happens! There was... That guy... Sometime.

Regarding CCoP, I vote against. I'm just not okay with it. Neither are Mechanix, Snark or Crumplepunch, from what I can see. We've all read the arguments each way, I'm not convinced, they don't seem convinced. Ifni might be okay with it after seeing how Drake intends to treat it. But the brute fact is, these are the voices of a minimum of four of the current players versus that of two prospective players.
    Last edited by Imrix.; 2013-12-10 at 12:23 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Gargulec View Post
    Easy solutions are, at the end of the day, boring. It is kind of an argument that asks why didn't eagles fetch the Fellowship to Mordor, or at least closer to Mordor.
    It seems that we are in complete agreement on that point.

The issue is that when I see the easy solution right there on your sheet and nothing preventing you from using it rather than an out-of-character "it would be boring," this turns into a farce for me.

If you think an easy solution would be boring, why not use the errata'd CCoP, which doesn't allow for that easy solution in the first place, but still allows for "extreme measures" of last resort when truly needed?

Also, unambiguously good solutions never exist, it is trivial to write a story of social and economical collapse because of sudden fertility and access to previously restricted resources. And thus, usage of such powers is restricted - because to be honest, we all know how attempting to create utopias tends to end.
    "You now have fertile lands and waters and easy resources; this causes your situation to be worse than before" is the kind of travesty that comes from trying to justify the status quo through pointless cynicism.

Sure, it happens in the real world; but usually that's because your sudden prosperity is appealing to a foreign empire who decides to claim it for their own. Gem is already threatened of takeover by foreign empires, so that won't change anything, and the Exalted are exactly the kind of person who buckle those historical trends.

On the other hand, errata'd CCoP does restrict such utopia-creating powers. It's win/win!
    Last edited by Mechanix; 2013-12-10 at 12:24 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Zombie

For that matter, I am indifferent to the Will-Crushing Force brainwashing. Demise will be mildly disturbed by it, but she's seen worse things in Creation and Hell alike. As long as it serves a good purpose, she won't object.

8. - Top - End - #8

It seems that we are in complete agreement on that point.

The issue is that when I see the easy solution right there on your sheet and nothing preventing you from using it rather than an out-of-character "it would be boring," this turns into a farce for me.

If you think an easy solution would be boring, why not use the errata'd CCoP, which doesn't allow for that easy solution in the first place, but still allows for "extreme measures" of last resort when truly needed?

"You now have fertile lands and waters and easy resources; this causes your situation to be worse than before" is the kind of travesty that comes from trying to justify the status quo through pointless cynicism.

Sure, it happens in the real world; but usually that's because your sudden prosperity is appealing to a foreign empire who decides to claim it for their own. Gem is already threatened of takeover by foreign empires, so that won't change anything, and the Exalted are exactly the kind of person who buckle those historical trends.

On the other hand, errata'd CCoP does restrict such utopia-creating powers. It's win/win!
    No, not really.

Gem is cut off from farmlands, it has no peasantry as such. Addition of fertile land is irrelevant until they have the technology to actually have agriculture, which has to be imported. It means a need for a lot of immigrants, and from far away.

Culture shock is the first issue here. Next, is socio-economical problems; addition of land will cause a group that actually owns the land to grow terribly rich at the expense of the ones providing supplies so far, which is bound to cause unrest. Furthermore, society of Gem is not agricultural, integration of farming element into it is going to be rocky at best. Furthermore, it is possible that the groups that get to control the farmlands are going to use them to leverage themselves into positions of immense power and might as well use their access to cheap food to establish a monopoly which will end up harming the poorer ones. Not necessarily, but possibly.

And so on.

EDIT: In the long run, it can be beneficial to Gem and its people, but long run takes a lot of time; immediately it might just as well cause problems in the same way interventionism causes them. Societies are incredibly complex things, and "plays of exchange" to use a phrase coined by F. Braudel to explain the complexities of long-distance trade are even more convoluted. It is impossible to reshape them with one spell, and when attempt in doing that goes awry, you will certainly feel inclined to actually attempt a spell again, which will just as likely solve, as aggravate the issue.
    Last edited by Gargulec; 2013-12-10 at 12:31 PM.
    (02:10:55) Emily Lorn: you're fired as my angst consultant for being overqualified
    ---

9. - Top - End - #9

Alright. I'm going to have Zeys pick up adamant circle instead, with the free'd up charmslots.
    Thought of the Week: "Bright is the nova confined in the dark."
    =I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

10. - Top - End - #10

Zombie

Well then, it's a good thing the people who Wyld-Shaped the lands into prosperity are also ten Celestial Exalts (and Brasla) with the will and means to ensure smooth transition.

"With the wealth obtained with my newly prosperous lands, I will set myself up as most powerful man in the city and restrict access to this food to maximize profit!"
    "Hi! I'm one of the actual most powerful people in the city, and I can make your crops wither and die by looking at them funny. Please play ball while we ensure transition into prosperity for all!"

Besides, I mean, it's not like Gem is an utopia of equality with a social structure worth dying for as it stands. For one, "some guys own wells" would be vastly preferrable to the current situation of "every year we must find Terrestrial Circle sorcerers with a very specific spell and pay them outrageous sums of money or half the city dies."

Alright. I'm going to have Zeys pick up adamant circle instead, with the free'd up charmslots.
    Thank you! Sorry for being abrasive.
    Last edited by Mechanix; 2013-12-10 at 12:40 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeRaids View Post

12. - Top - End - #12

Well then, it's a good thing the people who Wyld-Shaped the lands into prosperity are also ten Celestial Exalts (and Brasla) with the will and means to ensure smooth transition.

"With the wealth obtained with my newly prosperous lands, I will set myself up as most powerful man in the city and restrict access to this food to maximize profit!"
    "Hi! I'm one of the actual most powerful people in the city, and I can make your crops wither and die by looking at them funny. Please play ball while we ensure transition into prosperity for all!"

Besides, I mean, it's not like Gem is an utopia of equality with a social structure worth dying for as it stands. For one, "some guys own wells" would be vastly preferrable to the current situation of "every year we must find Terrestrial Circle sorcerers with a very specific spell and pay him outrageous sums of money or half the city dies."
    A ruler who involves himself at the most cellular level of society in order to fix it seldom accomplishes anything; that was the case with Habsburg monarchy of late XVIIIth century. Solars posses great power, but they are not made divinely privy to understanding the workings of great social structures, there is always an element of blind experimentations in their social engineering that can go awry.

And of course situation in Gem is hardly good at that point of time, and probably needs change, I am not saying that you can't make it better - just, there is no way a situation may be made better without some losses. For each progress and advancement, there is always some degradation to be considered, even if it feels tiny by comparison.

EDIT: Also, there a simple issue of time management. Micro-managing a society into perfect working order takes a hell lot of effort of a Solar or some other Exalt. Ensuring just distribution of goods (or equal, if that's how you're swinging), manging cultural transitioning, easing arguments, so on, so on - there is only oh so much of hours in a day, and you also have apocalypses coming on the horizon. Creating societies that collapse when you no longer regulate them by hand is a short-sighted, if very tempting solution.
    Last edited by Gargulec; 2013-12-10 at 12:46 PM.
    ---

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

The fact that Adamant Sorcery scares you less than CCoP astounds and terrifies me, but whatever works, I guess.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

14. - Top - End - #14

Zombie

The fact that Adamant Sorcery scares you less than CCoP astounds and terrifies me, but whatever works, I guess.
    Well, as long as he isn't using Solar Sanctuary or Benediction of Archgenesis, Solar Circle Sanctuary remains its usual borked, badly-ported-over-from-1e, no-Keyword self. At this point I've kind of given up on trying to let Gem stay Gem, so whatever. I guess we can Press Gem Beyond the Veil of Time now and blow up our enemies with a poorly-designed Total Annihilation?
    Last edited by Mechanix; 2013-12-10 at 12:51 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by Gargulec View Post
    Solars posses great power, but they are not made divinely privy to understanding the workings of great social structures, there is always an element of blind experimentations in their social engineering that can go awry.
    Pretty sure Solars have Socialize and Bureaucracy Charms for exactly that, and even if they don't they are supernaturally skilled in governance, more so than any mortal monarchy, thanks to Excellencies.
    Last edited by Crumplepunch; 2013-12-10 at 01:00 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

It's not so much about fear as it is about my bull**** detector going 'dingdingding' less at those mechanics.

But whatever!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Guardians of Gem OOC 3: I'm Ignoring You and Reposting my Sheet

Quote Originally Posted by Demise
    The greatest monster in the entire universe, bar none.
    Name: Camdaimonia, Shintai Sa Adorjan
    Caste: Night Caste Solar
    Anima: A hail of arrows shooting through a red-gold glow.
    Motivation: Protect the beautiful places of Creation

Fluff
    Spoiler
    Show

The music was interrupted by a scream, so quiet it could be heard by its absence, into which all other sound was drawn. The clocks, with all their ticking and whirring, fell silent. The guests, knowing that they were close enough to make good food, scattered as fast as they could. A few of them even survived. One person was left walking the emptied street, stepping over broken walls and fallen signs.
    As soon as she opened the door, the insects swarmed about her like, well, moths to a flame. After a good amount of undignified flailing to keep them off of her face, the creatures retreated, and she was able to look them over. "You." She lifted a small, brightly colored one out of it's hexagonal roost, and the moth-creature skittered up her arm. A moment of hesitation as it settles onto her face (this lingering fear of bugs is Cessy's fault, she's sure) and a moment of sheer panic as the moth's tendrils reach down her throat and she starts to choke. Finally she draws a clean breath.
    She felt it very clearly. In five days, the call would come, and she would be needed. She said a farewell to her few friends (knowing that if anything happened, there would be no one to save her, they mostly resigned themselves to never seeing her again), took off her mask (the little creature refused to leave, though. It's perched on her shoulder even now), and set off through the desert.
    The sand went on forever. The traveller suspected that the moth was drinking her blood while she slept, but had been unable to find any marks to prove as much or catch it in the act. No matter. By the end of this day, they would be there. It could drink her blood all it wanted once they were out of this sand.
    The last few steps were the hardest. The edge of the desert was ahead, a break in the rising cliffs with dark sky beyond. The moth fluttered excitedly. Camdaimonia struggled to pull herself up through the crevice, and they were there.
    The summoning circle flared up and then grew dim, its purpose completed. The candles gave off enough to light the midnight scene. The man was saying something. Sounded like typical aggrandizing nonsense. I have brought you here to blah blah year and a day blah blah. Camdaimonia laughed. The Terrestrial broke off, surprised. That wasn't how this went. "It doesn't work that way. I'm not a serf." The Summoner, why, he was barely older than a boy, he cowered back, realizing an unbound monster from the depths of Hell stood before him. She wasn't as strong as an Erymanthus or as well armed as a Tomescu. But she was a lot more dangerous than he was. "I'm not going to hurt you. It wouldn't teach you anything. You know Splinters are summoned for knowledge, right? Ask your questions. Maybe they'll be interesting enough to answer." They were. The man, Sysel, was not a fool. Just naive. He wanted to know, not dark secrets or paths to power, but history. There were frequent interruptions. He insisted Marus was a demon. But all told, it was good to speak of the Star, and the time of Glory.
    The morning found the world not at all like she remembered it. It had been many years, or was it decades? since she had looked upon Creation with her own eyes. The prevailing news was of a grand disappearance. Could it be the secret human that all of Malfeas wondered over? Shadows, oh how she missed seeing shadows play along the world. And the sky was so light, the moon so pale... Sadly she had not gotten out of the desert, really. This was a nice estate, but it was still surrounded by sand. At least it was in more than one color.
    The trouble started when the Guild came to call. All firedust is Guild firedust, as they say. Sure, he had power, but he was the only Exalt among the hold. They had numbers. They had connections. Soon enough, the fields belonged to them. She had a plan. Sysel returned to the fields, with congratulations for the cunning business-folk, giving a gift of an exotic slave, very skilled and familiar with the work. A week later the fields and the house were in flames. The Factor was, tragically, trapped inside. Over the roar of the flames and his own yells, he heard laughter.
    That was easy. Surviving when the Guild came to put them down was hard. But a series of assassinations kept they away for a little while (maybe just made them angrier). It was looking bad. They were hiding out in an independent water caravan, planning the next move, when the riders closed in. She waved the leader back, and stepped out. Put her goggles on. Ran at them. There is a time for subtle. Then there is a time for direct, at the end of all the schemes.
    It was a cloudy day. But the sun shone on the caravan, and everything changed. The guildsmen's mercenaries fell like grass. The guildsman leading them fell too. And then she swayed, and fell.
    There's so much you don't notice until it's gone. Her mother's voice, always in the back of her mind, was silent. The moth was not resting on her face (she found her, later, hiding in Sysel's pack). The empty space where her soul should have been, it was full. Her mind was...overfull. There was too much light. All the windlike perfection was scattered. The memories remained, but the skills, the insight, it was missing. Sysel explained, when she saw him. "Anathema." She laughed, like it meant nothing. And so it did. And if the sun shone overbright on him when such happened, well, neither of them remarked on it.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show
    Camdaimonia is restless and never quite satisfied. More than anyone, she accepts that Bad Things Happen to you, no matter how well you prepare or how innocent you may be. You must accept them and change. When other people don't understand this, she helps them learn the lesson. She hates to hurt people, but if they have to suffer in order to grow, that is nature. But, being unable to transcend Compassion like her mother-self, Cam finds she sometimes can't do what's would help; people are too much as they are. She seeks to bring out the best in people and see them reach their full potential, no matter the cost to them. Cam is whimsical and vicious, loving change, especially when it's destructive, but only when they have a purpose. She hurts the ones she loves, because she wants them to be better. She help her enemies, so they can be made otherwise. Cam delights in surprises, and hates explanations. It's always better to find than to hear.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show

Attributes
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Caste|Favored|Other
    Strength ●●●|Perception ●●●|Charisma ●●●●
    Dexterity ●●●●|Intelligence ●●|Manipulation ●
    Stamina ●●●●●|Wits ●●|Appearance ●●●●[/table]

Abilities
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Favored|Dawn|Zenith|Twilight|Night|Eclipse
    Integrity ●●●●●| | |Craft ●|Athletics ●●●●●|Bureaucracy
    Performance ●●●●●|Martial Arts | |Investigate |Awareness ●●●●|Linguistics ●
    Occult ●●●|Melee |Presence | |Dodge ●●●●●|Ride
    Archery ●●●●●|Thrown |Resistance | |Larceny |Sail
    Medicine ●●●●●|War | Survival|Lore ●|Stealth |Socialize ● [/table]
    Specialties:
    Archery: At Melee Range x3 (We're opposed to range, not ranged weapons!)
    Performance: Inspiring Heroism
    Occult: Understanding the Games of Divinity
    Integrity: Resisting Sorcery
    Dodge: Multiple Opponents x2
    Art of Demon Summoning: Summon Splintered Gale
    Art of Demon Summoning: Five Days Foresight (Untrained)
    Art of Demon Summoning: Demonsight

Backgrounds, Artifacts and Equipment:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Backgrounds:
    Allies ● (Cathatk Sysel, starting Dragonblooded Thaumaturge)
    Artifact ●● (Small Powerbow)
    Backing
    Contacts
    Cult ● (As a living avatar of Yozi power, Camdaimonia shares in Adorjan's worship)
    Familiar ●●● (Torika is a bit smarter and more expressive than the average mayfly. She's kind of sad that she's not needed in Creation.)
    Followers ●
    Influence
    Resources ●●
    Mentor
    Artifacts and Equipment:
    Small Powerbow (I call it Granalkin's Reach. It amuses me.), Arrows
    Mayfly Mask
    Buff Jacket
    Goggles (You do not want to get something in your eyes when you're going 600 mph)
    Flame Piece, Firedust

Charms
    Spoiler
    Show

Archery
    1st Archery Excellency(free)
    Trance of Unhesitating Speed
    Arrow Storm Technique
    Essence Arrow Attack
    -Fiery Arrow Attack
    -Righteous Judgement Arrow
    Phantom Arrow Technique
    Lambent Bolt of Annihilation

Athletics
    2nd Athletics Excellency(free)
    Lightning Speed
    Godspeed Steps
    Graceful Crane Stance

Integrity
    3rd Integrity Excellency (free)
    Integrity Protecting Prana
    Spirit-Maintaining Maneuver

Performance
    1st Performance Excellency(free)
    Phantom Conjuring Performance
    Heart Compelling Method
    Husband-Seducing Demon Dance
    Infatuation Gathering Idol Methodology

Medicine (People die when they are killed! That's terrible!)
    2nd Medicine Excellency(free)
    Flawless Diagnosis Technique
    Ailment Rectifying Method (Cure any disease)
    Wholeness-Restoring Meditation (Cure crippling injuries)
    Body-Purifying Admonitions (Cure any poison)
    Instant Treatment Methodology (Cure in an action)

Dodge
    Shadow Over Water
    Seven Shadows Evasion (Valor Flaw Danger is fun!)
    Reflex Sidestep Technique

Stamina
    Ox-Body Technique(Free)
    Ox-Body Technique(Free)
    Ox-Body Technique(Free)
    Ox-Body Technique(Free)
    Ox-Body Technique(Free)

Personal Traits:
    Spoiler
    Show

Virtues:
    Compassion ●●● [ ][ ][ ]
    Conviction ●●●●● [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    Temperance ●●●● [ ][ ][ ][ ]
    Valor ●●●● [ ][ ][ ][ ]

Intimacies:
    Spoiler
    Show

+Arrows (Kinship)
    +Humanity (Fascination)
    +Torika, her familiar (Devotion)
    +Adorjan, the Silent Wind ((Not even charm-induced) Love)
    -Saturn, the Maiden of Endings (Hate)
    +Cathak Sysel (Gratitude)
    -Insects (Irrational fear)
    -Guild (Cycle of Revenge)
    -Mela, the Elemental Dragon of Air (Jealousy)
    -Ashur [X][X][ ][ ][ ]
    -Glass (Distrust, fear) [X][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    +Ivory () [X][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    +Clover (Protective friendship) [X][X][ ][ ][ ]
    +Brasla() [X][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Languages:
    Old Realm (Malfean Dialect, Native)
    Flametongue

Combat Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Join Combat: 2

Attacks:
    {table=head]Attack|Accuracy|Damage|Parry|Rate|Speed|Special
    Punch| +4 | +3B | 4 | 2 | 5 |
    Kick| +3 | +5B | 1 | 1 | 5 |
    Clinch| | - | - | | 6 | Grapple Rules, Piercing
    Powerbow| +12/15|+6L| Range 300|2|2, B, O2
    Flame Piece| +10| +8L| Range 10| 1|F,S
    [/table]
    Dodge DV: 7

Soak:
    Bashing: 9
    Lethal: 5
    Aggravated: 3

Hardness:
    Bashing: 0
    Lethal: 0
    Aggravated: 0

Health:
    -0 [ ][ ][ ]
    -1 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    -2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    -4 [ ]
    -X [ ]

Mental Defenses:
    Dodge MDV: 10
    Charisma Parry MDV: 5
    Manipulation Parry MDV: 3

Willpower: ●●●●● ●●●●●
    Limit: 0
    Flawed Virtue: Conviction
    Limit Break: Heart of Flint

Essence:
    Permanent: ●●●●●
    Personal: 25/25
    Peripheral: 57/61 (4 committed )

Mutations:
    Cosmetic (0): Jade Teeth
    Cosmetic (0): Red, Scourge-Patterned Irises
    Mood Swings (-2): Mania/Depression
    Fast (+2): I am the wind!
    Creature of Darkness (?)

Bonus Points: 3/77
    Spoiler
    Show

Starting - 60
    Day 1 - 4
    Bonus - 1
    Chapter 1 - 8
    Downtime 1 - 3

1 - Compassion 2 -> 3
    2 - Temperance 2 -> 4
    2 - Valor 2 -> 4
    2 - Conviction 3 -> 5

2 - 4 Favored Specialties

3 - Archery 2 -> 3
    2 - Integrity 2 -> 5
    2 - Performance 3 -> 5
    3 - Medicine 1 -> 4
    1 - Essence Arrow Submodes

7 - Essence 4 -> 5

1 - Familiar 2-> 3
    1 - Followers 1
    1 - Influence 1

3 - Favored Charm: Heart-Compelling Method
    3 - Favored Charm: Husband-Seducing Demon Dance
    3 - Favored Charm: Phantom Arrow Technique
    3 - Favored Charm: Lambent Bolt of Annihilation
    3 - Favored Charm: Infatuation Gathering Idol Methodology
    3 - Favored Charm: Spirit-Maintaining Maneuver
    3 - Favored Charm: Graceful Crane Stance
    3 - Favored Charm: Godspeed Steps
    3 - Favored Charm: Wholeness Restoring Meditation
    3 - Favored Charm: Ailment Rectifying Method

3 - Favored Charm: Body-Purifying Admonitions
    3 - Favored Charm: Instant Treatment Methodology
    1 - 3 Thaumaturgy Procedures(1 in need of training)
    1 - Occult 2 -> 3
    4 - Awareness 0 -> 4
    2 - Medicine 3 -> 5

Cam speaks in Crimson

Revision 1: No Holy Charms for her!
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2013-12-10 at 01:46 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #18

Imrix, your lack of avatar, punctuated name and detached characters have long terrified me, but now I think we can be friends. You are awesome.

How have you not learned that ShWLiHN's charms cause people to FREAK THE HELL OUT whenever they're used?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #19

Ah, yes, I should copy my character across too.

Name: Brasla
    Caste: Warrior Jadeborn (Enlightened)
    Motivation: Found a society free of the Conclave's control

Spoiler
    Show

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Brasla is a career officer in the military Range of Shining Kren. Her lack of social grace and outspoken political opinions on equality between the Artisans and enlightened undercastes have prevented her advancement to upper echelons of command, and she is beginning to suspect she is being sent on increasingly dangerous mercenary contracts on purpose.

Her patience for the Conclave's politicking is wearing thin, and things are getting to the point that only the Great Geas prevents her from striking out on her own. If she encounters an agreeable Exalt who she thinks might aid her, she might well be tempted to reconsider her allegiances; acting in equal partnership with an Exalt will allow her to travel freely above ground. She longs to found a new society free of the Conclave's dominion, and she knows she will only have a chance of doing so with help.

Despite being a Warrior, Brasla is a highly skilled smith, architect and inventor, which combined with her skills as a tactician and commander make her an ideal choice for siege scenarios. She comes to Gem fresh from breaking a Lintha raiding force on the Tengese Shore Principality.

At just under five feet, Brasla is tall for a Warrior caste. She has blunt, rounded features with an often surly expression, a tan-brown complexion typical of southern Mountain Folk, and bright red hair that she wears in pigtails. Her gem-freckled skin glitters like carved granite when viewed from certain angles, the only visual evidence of her solid jade body.

Attributes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Physical (Primary):
    Strength ●●●●● (●●)
    Dexterity ●●●●● ●●
    Stamina ●●●●● ●●

Social (Tertiary):
    Charisma ●●●●● ●
    Manipulation ●●●
    Appearance ●●●●

Mental (Secondary):
    Perception ●●●●● ●(●)
    Intelligence ●●●●● ●
    Wits ●●●●

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Athletics ●●●
    Craft ●●●●● ● (All Crafts, Motonic Physics +1)
    Melee ●●●●● ● (Underdog +3)
    Occult ●●●●●
    War ●●●●● ● (Siegecraft +2, +3 for Siegecraft around Gem)
    Lore ●●●●●
    Integrity ●
    Resistance ●
    Martial Arts ●
    Performance ●●
    Bureaucracy ●●● (Abacus, +2 for finances)
    Socialize ●● (Decorative uniform, +2 for Honour Guard)
    Awareness ●● (Adamant Spyglass, +3 for long range viewing)
    Archery ●●● (Precision Stadimeter, +3 for artillery)
    Linguistics ●●●
    Survival ●
    Dodge ●

1BP

Linguistics: Rocktongue (Native), Flametongue, Old Realm, High Realm

Virtues, Essence & Willpower
    Spoiler
    Show
    Compassion ●●● "There are things worth defending."
    Conviction ●●● "One day, I will do better."
    Temperance ●●●●● "As you command."
    Valor ●●●●● "Live by the sword, die by the sword."
    5bp

Intimacies
    Her workmanship (Pride)
    Her unit (Companionship)
    Shining Kren (Begrudging loyalty)
    Ashur (Friendly Rivalry)
    Glass Knife (Dutiful Respect)

Essence: ●●●●●
    7bp
    Essence Pool: 58 (12 committed)

Willpower: ●●●●● ●●●●●

Backgrounds:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Artifact ●●●●● ●●●●●
    Brasla possesses many artifacts, some of which are standard issue for Jadeborn officers, some of which she has discovered in her adventures, but most of which she has created herself.

Manse ●●●●● ●
    In her far-ranging career as a mercenary officer, Brasla has taken the time to survey subterranean geomancy in several little-explored areas. With the aid of her unit and her crafting charms, she has managed to raise and attune to several Earth manses without the Conclave's knowledge.

Backing ●
    Brasla holds the rank of Shard Leader in Shining Kren's Range.

Followers ●●●
    Brasla's Followers rating represents her Shard, a unit of 100 unenlightened Warrior castes.

Resources ●●●(●●)
    Like most Enlightened Jadeborn, Brasla is very wealthy, although perhaps less than some. She has several talents of jade and silver in her baggage as well a few ingots of orichalcum and adamant shards. Most of her wealth is held in trust by the Imperial Bank branch of Chiaroscuro, and she keeps the bonds among her personal belongings.

9BP

Charms:
    Spoiler
    Show

Free Charms:
    Ox-Body Technique x7
    Pillar of Compassion
    Pillar of Conviction
    Pillar of Temperance
    Pillar of Valor

Selected Charms:
    Incomparable Efficiency Trance
    Hundred Tool Technique
    Unfolding Pattern Intuition
    Temperance-Bolstering Meditation
    Compassion Bolstering Meditation
    Conviction Bolstering Meditation

Bonus Charms:
    Artificer's Insight
    Earth-Shaping Discipline
    Shaping Mind Concentration
    Incomparable Sculptor's Trance
    Transcendent Efficacy Instruction
    Incomparable Forge Dominion
    Great Maker's Grasp
    Valor Bolstering Meditation
    White Jade Transformation
    Black Jade Transformation
    Living Jewel Armor
    Arsenal Enhancing Technique
    Battle Trance Focus

Bought in play:
    Glorious Prodigy Lesson
    Living Earth Meditation
    Essence Focusing Concentration
    Charring Magma Blade

41BP

Manses:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Adventurine Grove (Earth Manse ●)
    Produces a Gem of Humble Glory ●
    The Grove is Brasla's residence in Shining Kren, a small, unassuming stone circle with a spartan but comfortable dwelling situated beneath.
    POWERS: Well Favoured Aspect, Magical Conveniences

The Spiral Grotto (Earth Manse ●●)
    Produces a Eye of the First Goat ●●
    Brasla's most recent manse, constructed in a secret beach cave on the Shore Principality of An-Teng. The manse is decorated with driftwood, abalone and sea-smooth stones that aid its geomancy.
    POWERS: Habitability ●, Fragility ●, Network Node, Magical Conveniences, Well Favoured Aspect, Geomantic Relay.

The Ruby Vault (Fire Manse ●)
    Produces a Memorial Iron ●
    A strange, sealed room that Brasla discovered in a forgotten prehuman ruin. The walls are sculpted entirely of ruby. It appears to have been a meditation chamber of some sort.
    POWERS: Well Favoured Aspect, Magical Conveniences.

The Lambent Orchard (Air Manse ●)
    Produces a Jewel of the Flying Heart ●
    This tiny manse was constructed in the tunnels deep under the Fire Mountains on a rare underground air demesne. It is a simple dwelling, unremarkable except for it's geomantic confluence. It is surrounded by fields of bioluminescent fungi.
    POWERS: Well Favoured Aspect, Geomantic Relay.

The Nine-Cornered Ziggurat (Earth Manse ●●●)
    Produces a Jewel of the Master's Hand ●●●
    Although it is not evident at first glance, this odd-looking conical structure is built from incredibly complex three dimensional pieta dura of interlocking geometric shapes. It was the first secret manse Brasla built, in the underways south of Chiaroscuro.
    POWERS: Habitability ●, Network Node, Geomantic Relay x3

The Tower And The Sky (Earth Manse ●●●●)
    Produces a Earth-Commanding Stone ●●●●
    To date Brasla's most impressive creation, The Tower And The Sky tested the limits of her manse-constructing ability. The main chamber appears to have no ceiling, instead showing an image of the sky through almost a quarter of a mile of solid rock. Brasla built it as an experiment into rapid large-scale engineering.
    POWERS: Network Node, Geomantic Relay x4, Earth Dragon's Will

Artifacts:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hyperion Key ●●
    Brasla reconstructed this precious First Age tool from partial design notes she discovered in the ruins of a sunken manse. (2m commitment, not currently attuned)

Bracers of Universal Crafting ●●●
    Brasla commissioned these biomagitech implants at great expense before she left Shining Kren. (No commitment)

Jade Hearthstone Bracers ●● (Set with Gem of Humble Glory ●)
    Brasla produced these simple jade bracers for practice in jadecrafting. They are a valuable aid in combat. (2m commitment)

Dragon Tear Tiara ●● (Set with Gem of Master's Hand ●●●)
    This artifact takes the form of a hearthstone-adorned cape clasp. Brasla uses it to assist her geomancy. (1m commitment)

Transformative Armor ●● (Set with Memorial Iron ●)
    Spun from red jade, moonsilver and magically solidified fire, Brasla finds this garment useful to create durable working clothes and (very occasionally) discreetly armoured formal wear. (1m commitment)

Atlas of the Unconquered General ●●●●
    This particular model is a white jade and orichalcum disc that sculpts models of the terrain from whatever earthen substance is placed on it. It otherwise works identically to the conventional Atlas. (3m commitment)

Winged Messenger Bauble ●
    This five-jade butterfly is the only independent automaton Brasla has yet produced. She uses it to coordinate with allied forces, or when Echo Jewels are otherwise ineffective. (No commitment)

Blue Jade Reaper Daiklave Stormcutter ●● (Set with Jewel of the Flying Heart ●)
    Stormcutter was the first artifact Brasla forged. It remains her favoured weapon for its power and speed, although she will use others as circumstances dictate. (3m commitment)

Aegis Inset Amulets ●
    Brasla had these thaumaturgical talismans implanted before leaving Shining Kren. (No commitment)

Myrmidon Carapace ●●●●
    Contains integrated Echo Jewel ●, Mask of Pure Breath ● and Essence-Scrying Visor ●
    Standard issue among Enlightened officers. Brasla has been examining it recently with an eye to furnish it with a few upgrades. (1m commitment)

Skin Mount Amulet ●● (Set with Earth-Commanding Stone ●●●●)
    Brasla received this artifact during her officer training. It was initially set with her Conclave-sanctioned Gem of Humble Glory, but she has since replaced it with the more powerful Earth-Commanding Stone. (+8m)

Lodestone ●●●●● (Set with Memorial Iron ●)
    Brasla recovered this potent shield while tracking a chaos seer through the underways. (5m commitment)

Other Equipment:
    Spoiler
    Show

Godstrike Oil
    Perfect Repeating Crossbow (+ 50 Range, +2 extended range speciality)
    Perfect Fighting Gauntlets (+3 deserved beatings speciality)
    Perfect Iron Boots (+3 fierce blows speciality)
    Perfect Sun-Resistant Great Coat
    Munificent Antivenin
    Hero's Recovery Potion
    Lucky Charm (obviates one botch per story)
    Abacus (Bureaucracy, +3 to finances)
    Spyglass (Awareness, +3 to long range viewing)
    Stadimeter (Archery, +3 to artillery)
    Precision Maps (War, +3 to siegecraft around Gem)
    Thaumaturgical Talisman vs Demons +2

Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

Soak: 15B/12L (8B/8L from Myrmidon Carapace)
    Hardness: 4 (from Myrmidon Carapace)
    DDV: 9
    PDV: 12
    MDDV: 8 (10 with Pillar of Conviction)
    MPDV: 3 (4 with Pillar of Conviction)
    Move: 16 yards.
    Dash: 32 yards.
    Join Battle: 6
    Join War: 10

Attacks:
    Punch:
    Speed 4, Accuracy 9(+1), Damage 7L(+0), Rate 3

Kick:
    Speed 4, Accuracy 8(+0), Damage 10L(+3L), Rate 2,

Clinch:
    Speed 5, Accuracy 8(+0), Damage 7L(+0), Rate 3,C

Exceptional Fighting Gauntlets (Punch):
    Speed 4, Accuracy 13(+0), Damage 12B(+5B), Defence +2 Rate 2
    Tags M, +2 for Deserved Beatings

Exceptional Fighting Gauntlets (Clinch):
    Speed 5, Accuracy 8(-1), Damage 10B(+3B), Defence - Rate 1
    Tags C, M, P +2 for Deserved Beatings

Exceptional Iron Boots:
    Speed 4, Accuracy 13(+0), Damage 13B(+6B), Defence -3 Rate 2
    Tags C, M, P +2 for Fierce Blows

Stormcutter (Blue Jade Reaper Daiklave)
    Speed 3, Accuracy 18(+5), Damage 12L/2(+5L/2), Defence +1, Rate 5, Tags O

Exceptional Repeater Crossbow
    Speed 4, Accuracy 11*, Damage 7+, Rate 2, Range 250, Tags 2, B
    *+1 at extended range

Health:
    -0 [ ]
    -1 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    -2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    -4 [ ]
    X [ ]

Other notes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Brasla’s Followers rating represents her shard of 100 unenlightened Warriors. Like Brasla, they are siege specialists, and well equipped. Most of them know some military thaumaturgy.
    Spoiler
    Show

Attributes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Physical (Primary):
    Strength ●●●
    Dexterity ●●●●
    Stamina ●●●●

Social (Tertiary):
    Charisma ●●
    Manipulation ●●
    Appearance ●●

Mental (Secondary):
    Perception ●●●
    Intelligence ●●
    Wits ●●

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Melee ●●●● (Skirmish Pikes +1)
    Craft ●●●● (Fire, Earth, Water, Wood, Siegeworks +2)
    Archery ●●●● (Artillery +2)
    Resistance ●●
    War ●●●
    Thrown ●●● (Grenades +1)
    Integrity ●
    Athletics ●
    Stealth ●
    Awareness ●●
    Survival ●
    Dodge ●●
    8bp

Linguistics: Flametongue

Virtues, Essence & Willpower
    Spoiler
    Show

Compassion ●●
    Conviction ●●
    Temperance ●●
    Valor ●●●●

Essence: ●
    Essence Pool: 10 (6 committed)

Willpower: ●●●●● (1 committed)

Backgrounds:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Artifact ●●●●
    Resources ●(●●)
    Mentor ●●
    (1BP)

Charms:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ox-Body Technique
    Pebble-Among-Boulders Stance
    Compassion Bolstering Meditation
    Bonus
    Valor Bolstering Meditation
    5bp

Thaumaturgy:
    Blood-Staunching Compress
    Alchemical Weapon Fuel
    Least Wonder
    1BP

Artifacts:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bracers of Universal Crafting ●●●
    Fuel Bolt Launcher ●●
    Fire Pearl ●
    Skirmish Pike ●●●
    Myrmidon Carapace ●●● (6m commitment)

Other Equipment:
    Spoiler
    Show

Godstrike Oil
    Mechanical Repeating Crossbow
    Hand Crossbow
    Pyromantic Grenades
    Pavise (Tower) Shield
    Fine construction and fortification tools

Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

Soak: 12B/8L (8B/8L from Myrmidon Carapace)
    Hardness: 4 (From Myrmidon Carapace)
    PDV: 5
    DDV: 3
    MDDV: 2
    MPDV: 1
    Move: 4 yards.
    Dash: 10 yards.
    Join Battle: 4
    Join War: 5

Brasla only dons her Myrmidon Carapace when she is preparing for battle. She is rarely without her great coat, however.

Plans and tactics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    In combat, Brasla has no perfect defences, a small Essence pool and few instant-use charms, (Jadeborn have no perfect defences at all, barring access to alchemical charms or high-level custom patterns) so she is at a serious disadvantage against Celestial-level opponents. She does have a decent dice pool that isn't reliant on motes, so she can keep fighting effectively even after being essence tapped. Her defensive stats are strong, but until she develops her Warrior Pattern charms further, she is better off avoiding combat.

Her excellent equipment and permanent natural durability (Fivefold Embodiment of White Jade raises her natural soak and hardness above a suit of Orichalcum superheavy plate, and she has a suit of light power armour on top of that) give her an edge of survivability, however. With some work, she will be able to participate in Celestial level combat at a relatively small disadvantage.

More broadly, Brasla is a skilled crafter, especially in cases where she can use her Bracers of Universal Crafting. If she were to work alongside an equally skilled crafter, their skills would combine exponentially, thanks to Transcendent Efficacy Instruction. She is currently unable to craft Artifact 5, but will be able to do so after purchasing Glorious Prodigy Lesson for Craft and increasing her Occult. Likewise, Manse 5 will require a further increase in both Lore and Occult, but once she does so her superhuman stats give her access to most Level 5 manse powers, and she can network new manses with her geomantic relays to further increase their power.

In defence of Gem, Brasla would be primarily interested in strengthening the city's fortifications and preparing it for a siege, if aggressors are apparent. With the aid of her unit (100 skilled combat engineers), she could quickly build advanced mundane fortifications and artillery. The Despot's famous collection of exotic weapons and the Sun Market might also contain functioning or repairable artifacts that she can press into service in the city's defence.

Spent Experience:
    Spoiler
    Show

Day One: 4bp
    1bp, Lore Increase to 5
    3bp, Glorious Prodigy Lesson

Diplomatic Bonus: 1bp
    1bp, Occult Increase to 5

End of Diplomacy Chapter: 8bp
    4bp, Living Earth Meditation
    4bp, Essence-Focusing Concentration

Stunt bonus: 1bp

Downtime: 3bp
    4bp, Sign of Warding

Stunt bonus: 1bp
    Undead Attack: 3bp

2bp, Glorious Prodigy Lesson (Craft)

Last edited by Crumplepunch; 2014-01-28 at 07:50 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

And copying Ivory's sheet over...

Character Sheet
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Ivory Skies
    Concept: Victim of the West's misogyny that refuses to be victimised ever again.
    Exalt Type and Caste: Scourge Caste Infernal (Kimbery Favoured)
    Anima: An ivory demon-shark's head rises up to swallow her, before imploding into a gush of white water once its jaws close.
    Motivation: Create a society worth fighting for.
    Urge: Wipe the concept of patriarchy from the surface of Creation (Kimberian).

Attributes
    Strength ●●●
    Dexterity ●●●●●
    Stamina ●●●

Charisma ●●●
    Manipulation ●●
    Appearance ●●●●

Perception ●●
    Intelligence ●●
    Wits ●●●

Abilities (Specializations +)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Archery
    [F]Martial Arts ●●●●● (Fighting Unarmed +3)
    Melee
    Thrown
    War

[F]Integrity ●●●●● (Resisting Torture +3)
    Performance
    [F]Presence ●●●●●
    [F]Resistance ●●●●● (Enduring Pain +3)
    Survival

Craft
    Investigate
    Lore ●
    Medicine
    Occult

[C]Athletics ●●●●● (Swimming +3)
    [C]Awareness ●●
    [C]Dodge
    [C]Larceny
    [C]Stealth

[F]Bureaucracy ●
    Linguistics ●
    Ride
    Sail ●●
    Socialize

Backgrounds, Artifacts and Equipment
    Spoiler
    Show
    Backgrounds:
    Backing (Adorjan) ●
    Influence (Adorjani Demons) ●
    Cult ●
    Artifact (Silken Armour) ●●
    Manse (Gem of Adamant Skin) ●●●●
    Past Life ●●
    Resources ●

Artifacts and Equipment:
    Artifact: ●● Silken Armour, White Foam Raiment
    [Oadenol's Codex, page 159]

Manse: ●●●●
    Stone: Gem of Adamant Skin; socketed in White Foam Raiment [Exalted Core, pg 382]

Resources:
    Proceeds of selling items stolen from home when she fled.
    >No significant purchases

Charms
    Spoiler
    Show
    Malfeas
    Hardened Devil Body x3
    By Pain Reforged
    Scar-Writ Saga Shield x3

She Who Lives In Her Name
    Factual Determination Analysis
    Essence-Dissecting Stare

Adorjan
    First Adorjan Excellency x4
    Effortless Adorjan Dominance
    Wind-Born Stride
    Death-Dealing Journey
    Who Strikes The Wind?
    Joy in Violence Approach
    Self As Cyclone Stance
    Threat-Monitoring Excitement
    Thousandfold Typhoon Hand
    Unimpeded Perfection of Exertion
    Foam-Dancing Haste
    Sacred Kamilla's Inhalation
    Freedom Lets Go

Kimbery
    First Kimbery Excellency x4
    Effortless Kimbery Dominance
    Mother Sea Mastery
    Spiteful Sea Tincture x2
    Tidal Renewal Discipline
    Sea Dissolves Herself
    Intolerable Burning Truths (Existence is Agony)

White Reaper Style
    Falling Scythe Flash
    Revolving Crescent Defence
    White Reaper Form
    Bleeding Crescent Strike
    Impenetrable White Shroud

Combat Stats
    Spoiler
    Show
    Join Combat: 5

Attacks:
    Hands: Acc: 13 | Damage: 3L | Parry DV: 6 | Rate: 3

Feet: Acc: 12 | Damage: 6L | Parry DV: 4 | Rate: 2

Clinch: Acc: 12 | Damage: 3L | Parry DV: - | Rate: 3

Dodge DV: 7

Parry DV: 6

Soak:
    Bashing: 12
    Lethal: 14
    Aggravated: 5

Hardness:
    Bashing: 7
    Lethal: 7

Health:
    -0 [ ]
    -1 [ ][ ]
    -2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    -4 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
    X [ ]

Mental Defences:
    Dodge MDV: 9 (11 when resisting torture)
    Charisma + Presence Parry MDV: 4

Virtues:
    Compassion ●●●●
    Conviction ●●
    Temperance ●●
    Valour ●●

Primary Virtue: Compassion

Intimacies:
    Adorjan (Cautious Gratitude)
    Kimbery (Wary Respect)
    Patriarchy (Loathing)
    Abuse of Power (Deep-seated Anger)
    Family (Melancholic Longing)

Languages:
    Seatongue (Native)
    Flametongue

Willpower: ●●●●●●●●●●
    [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Essence:
    Permanent: ●●●●
    Personal: 22/22 [(Permanent Essence x3)+Willpower]
    Peripheral: 46/48 [(Permanent Essence x7)+Willpower)+Sum of Virtues]
    Committed: 2

Bonus Points:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Integrity ●●● to ●●●●● - 2
    Athletics ●●●● to ●●●●● - 1
    8 points of Favoured Specialities – 4
    Mutations (Blade Proof 1, Natural Armour 2) – 2
    Favoured Charm: Effortless Adorjan Dominance - 3
    Favoured Charm: Effortless Kimbery Dominance – 3
    Favoured Charm: Mother Sea Mastery – 3
    Favoured Charm: Spiteful Sea Tincture x2 – 6
    Favoured Charm: Tidal Renewal Discipline - 3
    Favoured Charm: Sea Dissolves Herself – 3
    Favoured Charm: Unimpeded Perfection of Exertion – 3
    Favoured Charm: Foam-Dancing Haste – 3
    Favoured Charm: Intolerable Burning Truths (Existence is Agony) - 3
    Favoured Charm: Sacred Kamilla's Inhalation - 3
    Favoured Charm: Freedom Lets Go – 3
    Favoured Charm: Falling Scythe Flash - 3
    Favoured Charm: Revolving Crescent Defence - 3
    Favoured Charm: White Reaper Form - 3
    Favoured Charm: Bleeding Crescent Strike - 3
    Background: 2 dots of Past Life - 2
    Compassion ●●● to ●●●● - 1
    Unfavoured Charm: Factual Determination Analysis - 4
    Unfavoured Charm: Essence-Dissecting Stare - 4
    Favoured Charm: Impenetrable White Shroud - 3
    Total: 71/76 spent | Flaws: None

Background
    Spoiler
    Show
    The story of Ivory Skies begins in the West, with a widowed Eastern Guildsman, Ambitious Topaz, settling down in the capital of Coral. After a short but prosperous career trading along the length of breadth of Creation, Topaz had finally been assigned a position overlooking the Guild's trade going in and out of Coral. He brought his sons from his first marriage to Coral with him, employing them as his assistants.

Topaz had been in Coral for only a few months when Melodious Pearl caught his eye. The daughter of a local gambling kingpin, Pearl was several years Topaz's junior, but they both fell for each other within the week of their first meeting. Topaz quickly petitioned Pearl's father for her hand in marriage, and after what effectively amounted to an extended period of haggling (much to Topaz's rancour), Pearl's father finally agreed to let the two be wed. Their daughter, Ivory Skies, was born a year later.

Ivory's early years were filled with basic education, her father intending to have her help him and his sons with their work. However, it soon became clear that Ivory's talents did not lie in paperwork, especially when she returned home one day with a friend she had saved from a gang of bullies with nothing but a wooden stick.

After a long conversation between Ivory, Topaz and Pearl, the Guildsman hired a martial arts tutor from the Realm to teach his daughter self defence and the art of swordplay.

This treatment stirred resentment in her half-brothers, for they had not had the chance to pursue their interests, as each of them had been driven to follow in their father's footsteps. Their early venting of their resent was petty, tripping Ivory in the hall, throwing stones at her as she practised her forms and katas alone.

However, as the years passed, her brothers grew more vicious. When Topaz and Pearl left on business or pleasure, the Guildsman's sons would beat their half-sister brutally, but always making sure the bruises would never be on show for when their father returned.

Ivory was fifteen the first time her half-brothers raped her, and it wasn't the last time it happened. They kept her silent with threats of more violence and that they'd convince their father to stop her training.

When they tried on her twenty-third birthday, she finally resisted, and left them unconscious and bleeding in the courtyard of the family estate, and finally told her father what they had done on all his trips away. Topaz was outraged, disowning his three sons and throwing them out of his house. He refused to support them when their crimes were brought to the attention of the guards and the court, and turned his back on them when the fines the laws of Coral imposed left them destitute.

Three months later, Topaz died.

His will left everything to Pearl and Ivory, but the law of Coral did not recognise women as possible inheritors. Topaz's sons claimed that everything he owned should be theirs, including his widow and daughter. The local law enforcement, not wishing to anger the Guild by running roughshod over the will of one of their more important bureaucrats in the West set a guard on the family house whilst the courts and a Guild representative attempted to broker an agreement that would leave everyone happy. Topaz's sons, however, were not happy to wait for compromise. They wanted everything their father had, and they wanted Ivory to pay for the embarrassment she had caused them. They incited a mob, and led it to their family's house and overwhelmed the guards. Once incite, the mob went wild, attacking servants and looting what they could. As the mob grew closer, Ivory prepared to make a stand, taking position on the threshold of the main building, intending to let no-one pass.

Then, as the mob surged towards their door, Ivory's mother begged her to run.

Ivory froze for a few moments, before she turned and ran. She ran from the town, and kept running until she hit the coast, and found a cave to hole up in.

It was that night when a voice like knives and rushing water came and made her an offer: the strength to punish her brothers and all like them, the strength to never be a victim again. And all she had to do was serve the true rulers of Creation. She agreed, and the voice formed the Chrysalis Grotesque around her. Five days later, she emerged, her body changed, and she followed another, different voice deep under the waves to a ruin that the voice knew as home. She recovered a strange blade and garments from the ruin, before the voice of blades and water pointed her to Hell.

Ivory hated Malfeas. Everywhere, demons – people – were suffering abuses orders of magnitude greater than she had dared thought possible. She stayed only long enough to learn exactly what she had let herself in for and exactly what she could do. As soon as her new patrons offered her a mission, she took it, and slipped back into Creation.

The first thing she did was kill her half-brothers, and anyone she could find who was part of the mob the night she had fled. The second was to find her mother.

She eventually found Pearl back at the family house her brothers had taken over, hidden away in a cell that connected to each of the brother's personal chambers. Her mother's mind was already gone, and so Ivory put the body out of its misery.

She left the town her father had settled in all those years ago a charnel house, and moved on, giving up on Coral and the West at large. Since then, Ivory Skies has wandered Creation, tearing down any oppressive patriarchies in the settlements she passes through, forever looking for a society worth starting a new life in.

Description
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ivory Skies is a tall woman, standing just over six feet. She is built with lithe, athletic muscle across the entirety of her frame, as well as possessing generous curves. Her mixed ethnicity leaves her skin a dark, golden brown, which almost glimmers like a mineral in the right light. Her time in the Chrysalis Grotesque has left her hair and eyes all but drained of colour, reducing her hair to a pale ivory tone and her irises to a stark grey. More dramatically, her Chrysalis also left significant markers of the Kimberian demon that serves as her coadjutor. The bottom two thirds of her head has been covered in plates of organic material like supernaturally tough bone, replacing her mouth with jaws filled with peg-like fangs. The plating continues down her neck and onto her chest, covering the upper surfaces of her breasts.

Ivory Skies is rather embarrassed by the gross physical alterations her chrysalis wrought on her body, and usually keeps them hidden under a long-sleeved silken armour jacket that covers the upper half of her torso, and hides the changes to her face behind a very high stiff collar. She wears a matching pair of white silken armour hakama, both items wrought for her in Malfeas from an ornate silken armour suit she found in the submerged First Age ruin.

And I am thinking the best thing to do with Ivory at the moment is show her finishing a zombie off, notice the airship, and follow it out to the group meeting.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Imrix, your lack of avatar, punctuated name and detached characters have long terrified me, but now I think we can be friends. You are awesome.

(No seriously thank you, we're cool)

(Although I have no idea what you mean by 'detached characters')

You know the funny thing? The full stop in my name was basically a typo. I just added it without thinking about it. I've wondered about asking the admins to change it, but I never got around to it.

Also hah! I don't have to transfer Shah's sheet, because of the magic of googledocs!
    Last edited by Imrix.; 2013-12-10 at 01:56 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22

Oh hey, I think someone asked for this to be posted in the new thread a while back.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23

Well, as long as he isn't using Solar Sanctuary or Benediction of Archgenesis, Solar Circle Sanctuary remains its usual borked, badly-ported-over-from-1e, no-Keyword self. At this point I've kind of given up on trying to let Gem stay Gem, so whatever. I guess we can Press Gem Beyond the Veil of Time now and blow up our enemies with a poorly-designed Total Annihilation?
    Sorry about that. I got a little frustrated and just sort of started doing things. I talked to Lix and Gargy a little, and cooled down some. Sorry for being so difficult, but this has been really frustrating for me. I feel like I'm having to jump around trying to please several different people instead of just making a character I want to play, which isn't a very fun experience.. I don't have much endurance for internet arguments, and this creation process has really been weighing on me in that regard. Honestly, I feel like I've been targeted by some hostility, which while probably isn't true, doesn't help how I've been reading some of the tone here.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do. At this point, after talking to Gargy and Lixie, I'm considering pulling out. This may have not been a good fit for Zeys. I dunno if Gargy will choose to still include Indigo.

Maybe if I can relax some I won't be as bothered by this stuff. I'll try and take a step back for today, and see if I can come up with some better plans.

Sorry for all the trouble.
    Thought of the Week: "Bright is the nova confined in the dark."
    =I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Clover's character sheet:

Spoiler
    Show
    Name Clover
    Exalt Type and Caste No Moon
    Anima A halo of sickly silver fire around a pall of shadow

Motivation: Be loved and adored

Attributes

Physical
    Strength ●
    Dexterity ●●●●●
    Stamina ●●●

Social
    Charisma ●●●●●
    Manipulation ●●●
    Appearance ●●●●

Mental
    Perception ●●●●
    Intelligence ●●●●
    Wits ●●●

Abilities

Archery
    Martial Arts ●●●●● (lash ●●●)
    Melee
    Thrown
    War

Integrity
    Performance ●●●●
    Presence ●●●● (adorable ●)
    Resistance ●
    Survival ●

Craft
    Investigate
    Lore ●
    Medicine
    Occult ●●●● (the Wyld ●●, the Underworld ●)

Athletics ●
    Awareness ●
    Dodge ●●●●● (quicksilver-quick ●●●)
    Larceny
    Stealth ●●●

Bureaucracy
    Linguistics ● (Flametongue, Old Realm)
    Ride
    Sail
    Socialize ●●●

Backgrounds
    Artifact ● (talisman)
    Cult ●
    Heart's Blood ●●●●
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jungle animals (bats, birds-of-paradise, monkeys, snakes, lizards, insects, spiders, ocelot, sloth, pig, frog)
    Desert animals (owl, falcon, vulture, austretch, camel, gazelle, hare, wild dog)
    A few sea animals (gull, jellyfish, fish ranging from tiny herring to tuna, sea snake)
    A number of Southern raksha (goblins, commoners, one or two nobles)
    Several people
    Influence ●
    Manse ●●● (stone of redoubled force)
    Spoiler
    Show
    This Abyssal-aspected manse lies in the far south of the Underworld, nestled in the peaks of the Thousand well south of Merciless.

Guardian (3)
    Soul Prison (3)
    Archive (2)
    Emotional Focus (1)

Habitability 1
    Vulnerability 1

Tattoo Artifact ●● (moonsilver lash)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Speed 5, Acc +3, Damage +4L/2, Defense +0, Rate 2; attune 5; Tags: D, O, R
    Speed 6, Acc +3, Damage +3L/2, Defense -, Rate 1; Tags: C, M, O, P, R
    Tattoo Artifact ●● (moonsilver hearthstone bracers)
    Tattoo Artifact ●● (moonsilver lamellar)

Artifacts and Equipment

Talisman: a 3-dot talisman which protects against the Wyld and its denizens.

Flaws
    Greater Curse (2)

Charms

First Dexterity Excellency
    Inhuman Dexterity Manifestation (Fast Movement 3, Natural Armor 2)
    Boxing with Shadows
    Lurking Companion Method
    Echoes-and-Violence Cenacle

Second Stamina Excellency
    Hybrid Nue Transformation
    Change-Accepting Adaptation
    Mayfly's Allegiance
    Nandi-Frame Fortitude x3

First Charisma Excellency
    Boundless World-Song Chorus
    Moon and Earth Blessing

Second Appearance Excellency
    Flesh-Flicker Flash Phase

Second Perception Excellency
    Eyes Wide Open
    Outlander-Detecting Intuition

Second Intelligence Excellency
    Terrestrial Circle Sorcery
    Celestial Circle Sorcery
    Shadowlands Circle Necromancy
    Labyrinth Circle Necromancy
    Birth-Death Taijitu Practice
    Other-Mimicking Thoughts
    Beast-Mind Transfusion

Laughing Wounds Style
    Kiss of the Whip
    Sensuous Torment

Victorious Concession Style
    Hearing the Unspoken Word

Spells:
    Emerald:Demon of the First Circle, Emerald Countermagic, Eye of Alliance, Stormwind Rider, Summon Elemental, Summoning the Harvest, Theft of Memory, Water from Stone
    Sapphire: Sapphire Banishment, Sapphire Countermagic
    Shadowlands: Iron Countermagic, Summon Ghost
    Labyrinth: Onyx Countermagic, Shadow Stones Travel

Join Combat: 4

Defenses
    Dodge DV 10
    Parry DV 8

Soak: 12L/12B (8L/9B from armor)
    Hardness: 5L/5B

Health
    -0 [ ]
    -1 [ ][ ]
    -2 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
    -4 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    -X [ ]
    Dying [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Mental Defenses
    Dodge MDV 7
    Parry MDV 4

Virtues
    Compassion ●●●●
    Conviction ●●●
    Temperance ●
    Valor ●

Limit: 0/7
    Permanent Limit: 3

Intimacies
    Raksha (unpeople)
    The Realm (fear)
    Grandfather (bitter memory)
    Herself (coward)
    Soldiers (mistrust and fear)
    Ivory Skies (big sister!)
    Camdaimonia (awe)
    The Nocturnal Exalted (must help!)

Ashur (scary) [1/3]
    Glass (undefined positive) [1/3]
    Gem (home?) [2/3]
    Shah (undefined positive) [2/3]

Willpower: 10/10

Essence
    Permanent: ●●●●
    Personal: 24/24
    Peripheral: 31/52 (12 committed to tattoos, 6 committed to shapechanging, 3 committed to Eyes Wide Open)

Bonus Points 89/89
    Charms (45)
    MA +4 (4)
    Heart's Blood +1 (1)
    Intelligence +1 (3)
    Specialties (3)
    Tattoo Artifacts (6)
    Manse (3)

Stealth +2 (2)
    Lurking Companion Method (3)
    Echoes-and-Violence Cenacle (3)
    Mayfly's Allegiance (4)
    Eye of Alliance (3)
    Hearing the Unspoken Word (3)
    Stormwind Rider (3)
    Beast-Mind Transfusion (3)
    Last edited by The_Snark; 2014-08-19 at 04:00 AM.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

25. - Top - End - #25

Zombie

Sorry about that. I got a little frustrated and just sort of started doing things. I talked to Lix and Gargy a little, and cooled down some. Sorry for being so difficult, but this has been really frustrating for me. I feel like I'm having to jump around trying to please several different people instead of just making a character I want to play, which isn't a very fun experience.. I don't have much endurance for internet arguments, and this creation process has really been weighing on me in that regard. Honestly, I feel like I've been targeted by some hostility, which while probably isn't true, doesn't help how I've been reading some of the tone here.
    Well, to tell you the truth... Yeah, that's totally what's happening.

It's a 77bp Celestial+ game. In truth, any character concept would have epic capabilities that would shift the balance of our tiny little bit of setting. We've had 40+ page of IC game to get accustomed to each other's capabilities and characters, and any newcomer throws a spanner in our work by bringing new shinies to the table; I think some of us, including me, got pretty deffensive as a result of that. Sorry about that.

I guess it's unavoidable; any 77BP Solaroid would upset our current situation and change the game, because that's what high-level Solaroids do. .There's no way around it short of you gimping yourself, so... Play whatever you want, It's fine by me.

Except CCoP :p My objection to it is a matter of principle and would be the same elsewhere, it's not against you.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do. At this point, after talking to Gargy and Lixie, I'm considering pulling out. This may have not been a good fit for Zeys. I dunno if Gargy will choose to still include Indigo.

Maybe if I can relax some I won't be as bothered by this stuff. I'll try and take a step back for today, and see if I can come up with some better plans.

Just to be clear, I'm totally okay with you being an Adamant Sorcerer or whatever. In truth, I pity you for having to deal with the Black and White Treatises

I'm sorry I caused you grief. I would actually like to have you on board. I hope things get better.
    Last edited by Mechanix; 2013-12-10 at 03:11 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

Copying sheet over.

Name: Ashur
    Exalt Type and Caste: Solar Dawn
    Anima: A brilliant, blazing eagle of golden light unfurls it's wings and shrieks in victory.

Motivation: Found a true place of learning and wisdom, one free for any seekers of knowledge to attend.
    Spoiler
    Show

Background:
    Not all great warriors are born in times of strife, and not every Dawn draws the Second Breath in the midst of a battlefield. Some have humbler origins, and experience their Exaltation not in the attempting of a great feat, but in the aftermath of a long-sought triumph. Ashur was one such man.

Born many decades ago to a poor but devout peasant family somewhere in the Eastern satrapies of the Realm, Ashur led a long but relatively undistinguished life. He grew up, fell in love, got married, pursued a long and productive career in the Legions, and then settled down to enjoy his retirement (though it was marred somewhat by the fact that his beloved wife, Elana, passed away just a few short years later). It was only then, when he started exploring some of the nearby ruins around his villa as a pastime, that he stumbled over the Anathaema temple.

Quite literally stumbled over it, in fact - not quite as spry as he had been in his younger days, the old soldier mistimed a small jump between a pair of protruding stone columns and ended up falling down a well-hidden shaft into the subterranean complex below. A fortunate stack of overgrown plant life spared him any broken bones, but even so, there was no disguising his predicament. The temples of the Anathaema are renowned for their elaborate and deadly traps, and even a few cautious explorations of the surrounding passageways (and a few narrow misses with remarkably well-preserved defenses) merely served to confirm that he was trapped in what appeared to be an old dojo of some kind.

Still, the place was comfortable enough, having evidently been designed for habitation by it's long-dead builders, and not even a devout lifelong Immaculate could entirely resist the temptation of all those martial tomes and ancient records left scattered around the interior of the various rooms. He stayed away from the ornate sarcophagus - who knew what kind of horrible monster it's occupant had once been - and payed little more than the due respect to the statues of the Unconquered Sun scattered around the place, but otherwise decided he may as well take full advantage of the available resources. What else was he to do - sit and starve in abject boredom?

He doesn't remember at what point in his study, exactly, that his Exaltation occurred. Only that as the ancient words and sutras sank into his mind, he experienced what he could only think of as a moment of transcendent understanding and enlightenment, and that when he looked up again the entire room was glowing a brilliant gold and his tired old body was strong and healthy once more. He simply nodded to himself, claimed the glorious and terrible blade inside the sarcophagus, genuflected reverently to the devotional iconography on the walls... and walked out in search of the next step.

Since then, he's travelled all across the East and South of creation, following the calling of his heart and the rumors of new and untried sources of martial knowledge and philosophy. He's had more than a few adventures along the way as well, whenever his conscience would not let him simply ignore that which he saw on the way, but he has taken great pains to avoid unnecessary conflict with the Immaculate order and the Dragonblooded as a whole. He's quite certain that he is not in fact a demon, but a lifetime of devotion does not wash away quite so easily, and he remains unconvinced that their philosophy is entirely wrong. Incomplete, perhaps, but far from pointless.

And now he has come to Gem, and answered the call of the Despot to her city's defense. He never could ignore a request for aid. And who knows... he might learn something from these others who also seem to have responded.

Attributes
    Spoiler
    Show

Physical:
    Strength ***
    Dexterity *****
    Stamina ***

Social:
    Charisma ***
    Manipulation *
    Appearance ***

Mental
    Perception **
    Intelligence ****
    Wits ***

Abilities (Specializations +)
    Spoiler
    Show

[C]Archery
    [C]Martial Arts ** (Currently *** thanks to being a Shadow finger)
    [C]Melee ***** (Glory of the Dawn ***)
    [C]Thrown
    [C]War *****

[F]Integrity ****
    Performance
    Presence
    Resistance (+3 equipment bonus against extremes of heat)
    Survival

[F]Craft ***** (Magitech *)
    Investigate
    [F]Lore *****
    Medicine
    [F] Occult *****

Athletics
    Awareness *****
    Dodge
    Larceny
    Stealth

Bureaucracy
    [F]Linguistics *** (+3 equipment for beautiful writing)
    Ride
    Sail
    Socialize

Backgrounds, Artifacts and Equipment:
    Spoiler
    Show

Backgrounds:
    Artifact ***** (Glory of the Dawn, Daiklaive of Conquest)
    Resources **

Artifacts and Equipment:
    Artifact: Orichalcum Daiklaive of Conquest, Glorious Dawn
    Speed 5, Accuracy +4, Damage +5L/2, Defense +3, Rate 4.
    While it is unsheathed, all hostile individuals within ten yards must make a Valour roll at +1 difficulty or flee in fear. Those who hold their ground lose a number of dice from all their attacks - even those not targeting me - equal to my Valour. While I fight, all friendly combatants within one mile add a bonus dice to their combat actions, and gain an automatic success on Valour rolls. All enemies lose a dice from their combat pools and increase the difficulty of their Valour checks by one.

Resources: 2
    Ashur is a craftsman of sufficient skill that he could make an extravagent living in just about any city he named. Instead, he simply gives most of his creations away, or sells them for far less than what should be market value.
    Spoiler
    Show

> Perfect Chain Shirt (Forged himself, exceptionally light and flexible, and provides better protection than a reinforced breastplate. +9L/+7B soak.
    > Perfect set of Fighting Gauntlets, that look rather like rather comfortable silk gloves. Actually reinforced with tiny metal weaves to provide a +3 speciality in Gut-punches. Naturally, inapplicable when fighting something without a distinguishable gut region.
    > Perfect set of Iron Boots. Look rather like high quality hiking boots, but have been subtly reinforced to provide a +3 bonus to attacks against the enemy's legs. Again, obviously inapplicable if fighting someone without legs.
    > Significant number of Perfect knives, all beautifully made and weighted so as to provide a +3 speciality when used as thrusting weapons.
    > Perfect set of traveller's clothes, these light silk garments look both functional and stylish. They also provide an extra three dice to resistance tests against extremes of heat.
    > Perfect set of calligraphy brushes in their own small leather case, these provide a +3 bonus for the purposes of making my writing look good.

Charms
    Spoiler
    Show

Craft
    First Craft Excellency

Craftsman Needs No Tools - 5m supplemental. I may ignore the need for tools or assistants on a Crafting roll, though I do not get the dice bonuses they would offer. I can also pay an additional willpower to reduce the length of time a crafting interval takes by two steps: Years - Seasons - Months - Weeks - Days - Hours

Object Strengthening Touch - 5m, scene-long effect, simple. Increases the number of successes required to damage a touched object by my essence, and likewise increases the successes required on an athletics test to break it. Non-stackable.

Durability Enhancing Technique - 3m simple, as OST, but only increases the values by one. However, the charm is instant and stackable, up to a maximum of my essence increases.

Holistic Miracle Understanding - Whenever I use an item, I automatically gain full and complete plans for how to craft it, which I perfectly remember for the future. In addition, for ANY Craft project I undertake, the difficulty of the individual rolls are reduced by 3 (to a minimum of 1) and the total number of required successes are reduced by 10 (minimum of five).

Solar Quality Assurance - Whenever I complete a mundane craft project, the quality of the result is automatically raised by three steps, which almost always produces a perfect item. Permenent charm.

Supreme Artist's Concoction - Removes the 'appropriate' requirement from the raw materials whenever I try to craft something. So I can make armour out of sand, paintings out of water etc. Permanent charm.

Wonder-Forging Genius - Two purchases. Lowers the pre-requisites of my crafting rolls for artifacts and manses by 2, currently allowing me to construct five-dot examples of them.

Design without Limit - May cap a demesne with a manse one dot higher than it's rating. Five dot demesne's allow me to build 5-dot manses with an additional 10 creation points. Also, when crafting artifacts, I need only roll for a difficulty and total required successes as though I was making something one dot less. So a 3-dot artifact would be rolled for as though it were a 2-dot.

Integrity
    Integrity Protecting Prana - 1m and 1WP as a Reflexive action, renders me immune to all Shaping effects for a day.

Lore
    2nd Lore Excellency

Harmonious Academic Methodology - 10m, 2wp per week. Training charm, allows me to instruct students in Conviction, Temperance, Intelligence, Perception, Craft, Investigation, Lore, Linguistics, Performance, Presence or Socialise. Any of these may be raised to a maximum of four, or my own trait level, whichever is less.

Legendary Scholar Curriculum - Expands previous academic training options to include Awareness, Bureaucracy, Integrity, Larceny, Medicine and Occult. May also raise Virtues, Charisma, Manipulation and Wits, all to a maximum of four. Appearance may even be raised with an appropriate rationale.

Terrestrial Edification Program - Removes cap on maximum values transferred by other training charms, allows me to enlighten student's essence and train them in Sorcery, thaumaturgy and supernatural martial arts. Also allows me to train them based off of someone else's ability ratings rather than my own.

Chaos-Repelling Pattern - 8m, simple. For the next hour, the terrain within my essence in yards around me functions according to the laws of Creation.

Wyld Shaping Technique

Wyld Cauldron Technology

Melee
    First Melee Excellency
    Second Melee Excellency
    Infinite Melee mastery
    Divine Transcendence of Melee

Hungry Tiger Technique - May pay 1m supplemental to count extra successes on an attack twice for the purposes of determining raw damage.

Call the Blade

Iron Raptor Attack - 2m simple charm, allows me to make a Melee attack against a foe up to (Essence x8) yards away by throwing my sword at them. This causes instant knockdown. Alternately, can pay 4m to throw a wave of energy instead, which is unblockable without a charm.

Summoning the Loyal Steel

Thousand Arms Prana - Expands the abilities of Summoning the Loyal Steel, allowing each committed mote to keep (Essence x2) weapons of any type in Elsewhere. If the mote is de-committed, all such weapons appear impaling the surroundings, sheathed in blue flame for an hour, and untouchable to anyone but me.

Honoured Companion of the Sun - Enhances the Glory of the Dawn, my Daiklaive of conquest, by fusing it with my soul. It cannot be harmed while I live, and none other may attune to or wield it without botching every action taken. While I wield it, I add my essence to it's accuracy, damage, defense and rate, the minimum damage is raised by one, and 10's count twice when rolling damage.

Dipping Swallow Defense - 2m, reflexively eliminate penalties applied to my Parry DV against a single attack.

Bulwark Stance - 5m reflexive, eliminate all penalties that apply to my Parry DV until my next action.

Heavenly Guardian Defense - 8m perfect parry. Virtue flaw of Valour - must move straight towards the most threatening enemy until my DV has refreshed twice.

Protection of Celestial Bliss - Pay 3m as a reflexive action to cover my sword with blue flames. While so enchanted, attacking with the weapon inflicts no DV penalties, and my Parry DV is raised by 2. I may also make a perfect parry up to three times in a scene with the weapon, after which the charm deactivates and may not be started again in that scene.

Resistance
    Ox-Body Technique x3

War
    Heroism Inspiring Presence - 5m reflexive, +1wp if used in mass combat. All allies within 100 yards become fearless, automatically passing all morale checks. Also, whenever anyone under the effects of this ability channels Valour, they add successes rather than dice, and are refunded the willpower cost if the action succeeds.

Tiger-Warrior Training Technique - 10m, 2wp for a week of training. Raises a i it's Drill by 1 each week, to a maximum of five. Also, may increase Valour, Strength, Dexterity, Stamina, Archery, dodge, Martial arts or Melee by 1 each week, to a maximum of four. Cannot raise other's traits past my own, but can train alongside them.

Legendary Warrior Curriculum - Expands Tiger Warrior training technique to include a variety of other military abilities, which may be raised to four. Can also train Willpower up to a maximum of seven. Finally, can also give trainees a two-dice speciality or one-success bonus to any task that has military relevance.

Combos:

Combat Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Join Combat: 7

Attacks:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gauntlets:
    Speed: 5 | Acc: 10 (+3 gut punch) | Damage: 8B | Parry DV: 6 | Rate: 2

Feet (Iron Boots)
    Speed: 5 | Acc: 10 (+3 target legs) | Damage: 9B | Parry DV: 4 | Rate: 2

Clinch (Gauntlets)
    Speed: 6 | Acc: 9 | Damage: 6B | Parry DV: - | Rate: 1

Glorious Dawn:
    Speed: 5 | Acc: 22 | Damage: 13L/3 | Parry DV: 11 | Rate: 9

Knife:
    Speed: 4 | Acc: 12 (+3 Thrust) | Damage: 4L | Parry DV: 5 | Rate: 3 | Tags: Th

Dodge DV: 5

Permanent Charms (Effects)

Soak:
    Bashing: 10 (3 base, +7 from chain shirt)
    Lethal: 11( 2 base, +9 from chain shirt)
    Aggravated: 9

Hardness:
    Bashing: 0
    Lethal: 0

Health:
    -0 [ ]
    -1 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
    -2 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
    -4 [ ]
    X [ ]

Mental Defenses:
    Dodge MDV: 10 (Currently 15 thanks to Shadow Finger)

Virtues:
    Compassion *****
    Conviction *****
    Temperance *****
    Valor *****

Virtue Flaw/Flawed Virtue:
    Flawed Valour

Foolhardy Contempt - For one full day, Ashur knows no fear. He places himself in the forefront of combat, challenges enemies to single combat, volunteers for dangerous missions and will not retreat under any circumstances. If willpower is spent to exercise partial control, then some degree of tactical sense is preserved, but personal risk still fails to be an issue when making plans.

Trigger Condition: The character fights against losing odds, is challenged to single combat or otherwise has a chance to prove his bravery.

Intimacies:
    Unconquered Sun (Reverence)
    The Realm (Melancholic Patriotism)
    Other Exalted (Respect and Curiousity)
    The Vulnerable (Protective instinct)
    Slavery (Implacable Opposition)
    Other Swordsmen (Kinship)
    Masters of their Craft (Utmost respect)
    Students (Responsibility and Pride)
    Glass Knife (Sifu, worth listening to)
    Brasla (Profound respect, for her and her potential)
    Camdaimonia (Weirdly fascinating)
    Leaves room for four more

Languages:
    Low Realm (Native)
    Firetongue
    Old Realm
    Rock tongue

Willpower: ***** *****

Essence:
    Permanent: *****
    Personal: 25/25
    Peripheral: 65/65

"Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Slight update: The game Indigo and Zeys were from has just risen from the ashes of death, so they kinda ran home. The players seem to be considering new plans.

This is probably for the best, as it makes it easier to avoid crossover and such. Plus avoids bad feelings already made.

28. - Top - End - #28

So, to weigh in on the discussion...

Actually, just on the bits Gargulec recently raised. Granting Gem a fertile set of fields or whatever is not necessarily going to instantly destabilize the entire place and create a dystopia. Even my own cynicism doesn't extend that far. In fact, I'm pretty sure we're already doing that, we're just focusing on building subterranean versions for the moment as a matter of security and ease of defense. So, the problems are:

1) You don't know the exact problems and power groups that might be affected by any changes.
    A) Yes, we do. Understanding the Court does exactly that, if I recall. Granted, no one has it, but it would be fairly easy to acquire if absolutely necessary.

2) Gem has no farmers or peasant class.
    A) Bound servitors, automatons, or [i]Solar with training charms[i]. Ashur is perfectly capable of training up hundreds of people to do just about anything inside of a couple of weeks.

3) You have no infrastructure or equipment.
    A) Factory-Cathedral.

4) People might take advantage of the new capabilities.
    A) Training charms to increase Virtues. Temperance and Compassion, specifically.

Etc etc.

True, this would not work in real life. But in real life, you don't have a team of superhumans with full governmental backing working on the problem. Claiming that the world has a default state of '****ed up' and will naturally try to revert to that state is pretty much entirely against the whole premise of Exalted; that heroes, and people in general, matter.

Anyway, on broader principles, since I realised I'd been generally kind of silent... I'd have probably been against adding new players in general, really. We've not lost anyone who leaves a significant gap in the group, and we've had 40+ pages of character and story development to get everyone used to working with each other so far. Introducing new characters now sort of resets a lot of that progress.
    Last edited by Maugan Ra; 2013-12-10 at 04:58 PM.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Likewise. I don't think we've been enjoying the argument either; but like Mechanix says, there is sort of an established game dynamic, which we like, and we're a bit leery of things that seem disruptive to it. Possibly too leery, but on the other hand some of these things would be genuinely disruptive. (We've also had 'discussions' about power level and the use of unnatural mental influence and so on amongst ourselves, and I think you unwittingly stepped on a couple of those landmines when asking about things like Titanic Aura Assertion and Constructive Convergence of Principles.)

I think you may be right that Zeys isn't a good fit in this game, or at least that she's a difficult fit. I get the impression that in her original incarnation she was a heroic Infernal in the mold the devs have talked about: not really working to free the Yozis but not looking for redemption either, forceful and a bit arrogant, makes free use of Infernal power for her own goals, has a slightly alien code of ethics. There's nothing wrong with that kind of character, I have a concept like that sitting on my shelf of Exalted Characters I'd Like To Play Someday... but it's not a great fit for this game. I feel like the ideal environment for such a character is one that allows them to exercise their power and then explore the consequences, or at least gives them the freedom to do so (restraint is certainly an option). Add a character like Indigo to act as a conscience and keep them sympathetic, and you've got the seeds of an interesting story. But... again, that isn't this game.

And I realize that sort of sucks, because this all started with you and Lix discussing how you want to keep playing this character. But... well, when you come into an existing game late, you have to accommodate what's already there. I don't like feeling like we're making you jump through hoops to satisfy us, and I don't want to be less happy with your character, but I also don't want to have these issues all crop up IC.

I think that dissonance may be the source of the problem (our longstanding mechanics/balance debates aside). Not sure what to suggest. I have no problem with you as a player, but Zeys the character does feel a bit problematic.

Edit: that sounds like potentially good news! The game revival I mean, not the farming discussion.
    Last edited by The_Snark; 2013-12-10 at 04:45 PM.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Their current concepts are a nocturnal magician and an abyssal debonair trying to enjoy life. They seem way, way less likely to cause any problems, with the one and only crossover point being that one is based on sorcery, and the other dabbles in necromancy (For countermagic and gentle call)

I'm pretty sure Rose (the magician) will have a different focus to Clover - she doesn't like demons or necromancy and blergh. Sorry.

I kinda feel like this entire thing has gone wrong from the word go. : /

Rose has an old, partial sheet, which will need to change quite a bit (as does the background), which I've got the link to here.
    Garg says he'll have part of a sheet in thirty minutes.

So, I guess I'll cross my fingers.