New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default A spell for prismatic mages

So I've been playing a prismatic mage recently (initiate of the sevenfold veil and whatnot) and my DM has opened up the floor for custom spell design, so I put this together. I'm probably being a bit optimistic setting it at 8th level, but otherwise, how could you guys see improving/balancing it?
    Last edited by Crake; 2013-12-11 at 02:43 AM.
    World of Madius wiki - My personal campaign setting, including my homebrew Optional Gestalt/LA rules.
    The new Quick Vestige List

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    Playing a wizard the way GitP says wizards should be played requires the equivalent time and effort investment of a university minor. Do you really want to go down this rabbit hole, or are you comfortable with just throwing a souped-up Orb of Fire at the thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Humans are rarely truly irrational, just wrong.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: A spell for prismatic mages

I like the idea. I do think it's a lvl9 spell, specially because of the magic immunity.

Either way I'd definetely add an expensive spell component. Summoning a prismatic golem that can tap into and is created and given form by the intrinsic magic of colors seems something that would require a strong channeling tool.

As a big outside-of-the-box thinker that I am, a suggestion would be some kind of labrated prism or a colletion of small precious stones, one of each color.