New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Heroic Stand[feat PF for gunsligners]

While finding/writing up capstone feats for my E6 Pathfinder campaign I came up with this an realized it could be useful as just a regular feat and thought I'd share it for feed back.

Now normally a gunslinger could regain a point of grit by confirming a critical hit against an enemy with at least half his HD. But I thought it be interesting to regain grit by taking a critical hit

Heroic Stand
    Prerequisites:
    Gunslinger 6th.
    Benefit: If an enemy with at least half your hit dice confirms a critical hit against you in the heat of combat, you regain one Grit point.
    Nale is no more, he has ceased to be, his hit points have dropped to negative ten, all he was is now dust in the wind, he is not Daniel Jackson dead, he is not Kenny dead, he is final dead, he will not pass through death's revolving door, his fate will not be undone because the executives renewed his show for another season. His time had run out, his string of fate has been cut, the blood on the knife has been wiped. He is an Ex-Nale! Now can we please resume watching the Order save the world.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Heroic Stand[feat PF for gunsligners]

"In the heat of combat" is unnecessary, and as a whole the feat is kinda weak. If you tagged on that they gain an additional grit point or something, it'd be pretty good, but as it is, it's kind of odd. You never want to use it, because taking a crit to the face hurts, so in a best case scenario you wasted a feat slot. It definately needs something more.
    If Kymme could grant spells to clerics, his domains would be art and awesome. He also made my avatar.

Also, I apparently made some things.
    Feats
    The Savonian Shadowlord

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Go to the largest library in the campaign world and tell him you're researching whether there's some powerful artifact lost to the bowels of time that could accomplish such a feat. If he doesn't take the bait, it means his DM bone is broken and he needs to be put down.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by anacalgion View Post
    "In the heat of combat" is unnecessary, and as a whole the feat is kinda weak. If you tagged on that they gain an additional grit point or something, it'd be pretty good, but as it is, it's kind of odd. You never want to use it, because taking a crit to the face hurts, so in a best case scenario you wasted a feat slot. It definately needs something more.
    Well extra grit normally adds two grit points, I'm not sure about a feat that gives one grit point plus a whole new method of recharging. Restoring two grit points might be to much especially if a gunslinger is only down one grit.
    I did consider the following but left it out of the first draft.

Heroic Stand
    Prerequisites:
    Gunslinger 6th.
    Benefit: If an enemy with at least half your hit dice confirms a critical hit against you regain one Grit point. In addition your next deed performed against that enemy has its cost reduced by 1 grit point. (to a minimum of 0) so long as it occurs within one round.

This I think preserves the cinematics of the feat and chances are if your critically hit by someone your character is just going to want to hit them back.
    Last edited by Lord Vukodlak; 2013-12-13 at 01:11 AM.
    Nale is no more, he has ceased to be, his hit points have dropped to negative ten, all he was is now dust in the wind, he is not Daniel Jackson dead, he is not Kenny dead, he is final dead, he will not pass through death's revolving door, his fate will not be undone because the executives renewed his show for another season. His time had run out, his string of fate has been cut, the blood on the knife has been wiped. He is an Ex-Nale! Now can we please resume watching the Order save the world.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

What about this?

Heroic Stand
    Prerequisites: Gunslinger 6th
    Benefit: If an enemy with at least half your hit dice confirms a critical hit against you, you may spend one grit point to make your next successful attack against that target a critical hit. This bonus is lost if it is not used within one round.

Captures the feel, gives you a chance to get back grit, and it lets you punish them for hitting you.
    If Kymme could grant spells to clerics, his domains would be art and awesome. He also made my avatar.

Also, I apparently made some things.
    Feats
    The Savonian Shadowlord

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Go to the largest library in the campaign world and tell him you're researching whether there's some powerful artifact lost to the bowels of time that could accomplish such a feat. If he doesn't take the bait, it means his DM bone is broken and he needs to be put down.