New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Teddy's Twofold Tempestuous and Tranquil Random Banter #202

Big daddy got himself a 3DS and Pokemon Y.

Gonna play the **** out of that.

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

2. - Top - End - #752
    Colossus in the Playground

Hey, my friends, I have a puzzle for you.

Spoiler
    Show
    I have two suitcases
    a red and a blue one
    we have to enter in a four digit code for each
    our only clues are
    a piece of paper that is folded in the middle with an arrow going to the right
    half the paper is coloured red half is coloured blue
    the red half has a top left corner triangle that is full, and a bottom right corner triangle that is empty
    the blue side has a bottom left corner triangle that is full, and a top right corner triangle that is empty
    our second clue is a Key
    1, 2, 3, and 4 are a bottom left, top left, top right, and bottom right empty triangle, respectively
    6, 7, 8, and 9 are a bottom left, top left, top right, bottom right full triangle, respectively
    5 is an empty square, 0 is a full square
    what is the combination of the two suitcases
    the only thing in the room of any relevance is a mirror
    I have every clue needed to solve this

Also, about the suitcases. The first and third digit is between 0 and 9 (1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9), the second and fourth digit is between 1 and 5 (1 2 3 4 5). This is for both suitcases

3. - Top - End - #753

Hey, LaZ, don't know if you're still playing it but I got Pokemon, at long last, we could do stuff, maybe?

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Yup! One of my favorite pass times is stating facts
    Oh, I understood. I probably did not express myself very well. Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    I've never tasted it before; how is it?

I've never played it before; how is it?
    Being my favourite soft drink, I may be a little biased but it tastes sugary, fizzy but mostly like ginger. The best tasting ginger beer soft drinks use real ginger so it tastes like ginger, but a sugary soft drink. It is delicious.

I like World of Warcraft, but only played a little bit until MoP came out. The monk class is my favourite. I like the way it works. But I feel it is a social game with a community that can be hostile at times. Also, most of it feels like a comic book which is ok. I really like the Pandaria zone and quests. I can't really recommend it to most people I know. It also takes a while to do things but not as long as most other MMORPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung Crunk View Post

I would too if the same were true for me. Alas, 'tis not so.

Have fun playing Pokemon! I hear X and Y are good pokemon games.

LaZodiac Hurrah a puzzle!
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

5. - Top - End - #755
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Yung Crunk View Post

Something tells me you are going to get quite confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

6. - Top - End - #756

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    LaZodiac Hurrah a puzzle!
    Good luck solving it

7. - Top - End - #757

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Something tells me you are going to get quite confused.
    I don't like the sound of that

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ogre in the Playground

Good luck solving it
    I had an idea, but the weather right now is making me feel sleepy and brain-dead.

Spoiler
    Show
    I almost immediately thought to place the mirror next to the triangles to create four digits, however this does not match the bottom set of information at all without rearranging the numbers. Furthermore, it more or less ignores the arrow unless the arrow means 'put the mirror to the right of'. In which case I'd do that then rearrange the mirrored set of numbers. This also doesn't make squares at all, so none of the digits could be 0 or 5. If that's the solution then I must be really brain-dead (due to over-complicating a puzzle).

Which would get 7481 and 6392.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2013-12-26 at 01:00 AM.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Titan in the Playground

Being my favourite soft drink, I may be a little biased but it tastes sugary, fizzy but mostly like ginger. The best tasting ginger beer soft drinks use real ginger so it tastes like ginger, but a sugary soft drink. It is delicious.
    I'll have to try it someday, then.
    I like World of Warcraft, but only played a little bit until MoP came out. The monk class is my favourite. I like the way it works. But I feel it is a social game with a community that can be hostile at times. Also, most of it feels like a comic book which is ok. I really like the Pandaria zone and quests. I can't really recommend it to most people I know. It also takes a while to do things but not as long as most other MMORPGs.
    Ah. I've heard things about it, especially the addiction - I suppose I shall avoid it, to avoid becoming addicted.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah. I've heard things about it, especially the addiction - I suppose I shall avoid it, to avoid becoming addicted.
    Addiction? It's not news to me, however I don't think most people claiming to be addicted to WoW are really addicted. Unless they are easily addicted to things, which is a fairly serious problem itself.

I thought it wouldn't be.

Maybe I would feel that level of frustration if my mind were providing ideas like normal rather than a massive blank.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2013-12-26 at 01:03 AM.

11. - Top - End - #761

I had an idea, but the weather right now is making me feel sleepy and brain-dead.

Spoiler
    Show
    I almost immediately thought to place the mirror next to the triangles to create four digits, however this does not match the bottom set of information at all without rearranging the numbers. Furthermore, it more or less ignores the arrow unless the arrow means 'put the mirror to the right of'. In which case I'd do that then rearrange the mirrored set of numbers. If that's the solution then I must be really brain-dead (due to over-complicating a puzzle).
    That is not the solution.

The following link is accurate to the puzzle at hand.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Titan in the Playground

Addiction? It's not news to me, however I don't think most people claiming to be addicted to WoW are really addicted. Unless they are easily addicted to things, which is a fairly serious problem itself.
    Really? I've heard horror stories - though they could just be the vocal minority.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    If you read the two triangles there it reads left to right following the arrow. If you read it in the mirror it reads right to left. Which fits the last piece of information but the squares are still not relevant and it's exactly the same thing I did before anyway. Well, I'll come back to your puzzle later. It's a good one.

Really? I've heard horror stories - though they could just be the vocal minority.
    I have too, but it isn't true for the majority of MMO players. There really are some people out there addicted to WoW.

It can be hard to stop playing if you have feelings like, 'But I want that epic!' or 'But I was working on Loremaster!' but usually 'My guild wants me to come raid with them again... Eh why not?'

14. - Top - End - #764
    Titan in the Playground

I have too, but it isn't true for the majority of MMO players. There really are some people out there addicted to WoW.

It can be hard to stop playing if you have feelings like, 'But I want that epic!' or 'But I was working on Loremaster!' but usually 'My guild wants me to come raid with them again... Eh why not?'
    Ah, I see. It's not an addiction, it's a strong liking.

15. - Top - End - #765

Spoiler
    Show
    If you read the two triangles there it reads left to right following the arrow. If you read it in the mirror it reads right to left. Which fits the last piece of information but the squares are still not relevant and it's exactly the same thing I did before anyway. Well, I'll come back to your puzzle later. It's a good one.
    '
    Concerning the puzzle... I misread, I hadn't found all the clues. Once I found the last clue it was unbelievably easy, since it just becomes a simple cypher puzzle

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

(This message is invisible to TechnoScrabble's eyes: I sent multiple PMs on the RB Card. If you have not received it, please send me a PM. Thank you.)

Ah, after the hair colour, or after the herb?
    My hair color. Everyone always mentions that my hair is this blazing metallic orange and after a time I stopped being embarrassed and reveled in it.

I...I think I'm gonna try to do the same with this condition. I don't know how much time is left but I'm going to do with it what I can and use any chance I get to extend it, give my body to science and all that. I mean, how many people can say their life and death led to treatments for HIV or cerebro-cortical-whatever degradation? I was scares ****less at first but you lot made some damned fine points and I'll be stewed before I let this bring me down!
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

17. - Top - End - #767

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    I should probably actually watch Muppets Christmas Carol at some point, given I've been using this avatar all month...
    You most definitely should, yes--bizarre as it may sound, the Muppet Christmas Carol is one of the most true to the book film versions out there (there's obviously a few Muppetty changes, like Scrooge working at Fozziwig's rubber chicken factory in his youth), and it's also enormously entertaining. Michael Caine turns in a superb performance as Scrooge, too, which can't have been easy when you're acting against puppets!

18. - Top - End - #768

Wow, two whole hours before I got bored. That's impressive.

3D was pretty useless, though.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    My hair color. Everyone always mentions that my hair is this blazing metallic orange and after a time I stopped being embarrassed and reveled in it.
    Ah! That's quite neat.
    I...I think I'm gonna try to do the same with this condition. I don't know how much time is left but I'm going to do with it what I can and use any chance I get to extend it, give my body to science and all that. I mean, how many people can say their life and death led to treatments for HIV or cerebro-cortical-whatever degradation? I was scares ****less at first but you lot made some damned fine points and I'll be stewed before I let this bring me down!
    Yeah! Woo! For science!
    Last edited by TaiLiu; 2013-12-26 at 02:32 AM.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ah, they sound like they were wonderful. If I may ask, what happened to them?
    We had to leave them behind when we moved, because they were both quite strongly outdoor cats and due to allergies in the family having them indoors wouldn't've worked. It took me quite a while to get over that, but it's long past. One of our neighbors cared for them, though, and last known they were doing well -- but that was some ten years ago, so I'd not expect to still find them around at this point.

That's the spirit!

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    You most definitely should, yes--bizarre as it may sound, the Muppet Christmas Carol is one of the most true to the book film versions out there (there's obviously a few Muppetty changes, like Scrooge working at Fozziwig's rubber chicken factory in his youth), and it's also enormously entertaining. Michael Caine turns in a superb performance as Scrooge, too, which can't have been easy when you're acting against puppets!
    Yeah, it really is. I feel as though I once watched one that stuck closer to the book, but it was something we taped long ago and I don't remember what it was or how to find it. Kind of annoying.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Banned

So, I haven't gotten the gifts from Mom yet, but I've decided to throw my loot list at you guys now!
    Nice haul! I'm sorry I forgot to get you anything. ;_;

22. - Top - End - #772
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Remmirath View Post
    We had to leave them behind when we moved, because they were both quite strongly outdoor cats and due to allergies in the family having them indoors wouldn't've worked. It took me quite a while to get over that, but it's long past. One of our neighbors cared for them, though, and last known they were doing well -- but that was some ten years ago, so I'd not expect to still find them around at this point.
    Ah. They were taken care of; that's good.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Banned

*snip*
    Yeah, the community can be pretty poor. I'd recommend finding a guild, that's a great way to find people to play with and to make some friends in general. I like my guild a lot, we're a nice bunch.
    And yes, I've loved Mists of Pandaria, and am excited for Warlords of Draenor. ^_^
    If you're interested in MMOs, World of Warcraft is probably one of the easiest to begin with and definitely less punishing than most.

*snip*
    Take it from me, a long-time yet not addicted player: It's a very small, very vocal minority. It's like how the media is so quick to blame video games for shootings, etc. Same principle with MMO addiction, it's not as widespread as it seems.

*snip*
    It made me feel very happy to hear you say that, Techno. It's heartwarming to see you taking a positive approach to this. *offers hugs*

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    Yeah, the community can be pretty poor. I'd recommend finding a guild, that's a great way to find people to play with and to make some friends in general. I like my guild a lot, we're a nice bunch.
    And yes, I've loved Mists of Pandaria, and am excited for Warlords of Draenor. ^_^
    If you're interested in MMOs, World of Warcraft is probably one of the easiest to begin with and definitely less punishing than most.
    I've played a lot of MMOs before, so I don't need a starter MMO. I might play on your server if you don't mind me tagging along for a month or two. Is that ok?

Also, I've been following Warlords of Draenor for a little bit and have high hopes. It is good they're offering a level skip to ninety. (Levelling annoys me)

25. - Top - End - #775
    Troll in the Playground

I am really starting to doubt my travelling is never without drama. Taxi I booked stood me up. had to call a new one in total panic. Nearly cost me a lot more, but the driver was an extremely noce man and said the final amount to be 10 pounds less than the taxi service said.

Cuthalion: Nah, not going to Finland. I'm off to an adventure.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

26. - Top - End - #776
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oh, yes, Muppets Christmas Carol. Best of the things. That and the original Miracle on 34th Street are my favorite Christmas movies. Die Hard can suck it compared to those two.

As long as I die fighting something I'm all good, so I like that analogy. Thanks.
    Redhead who wants to die in battle... Are you a descendant of Lief Erikson?

Also, dude. I have nothing to give you but my respect and a promise that anything I can do to help minutely I offer, but I give you those. And a hug. <hugs> Maybe two. <hugs>

ION: Christmas time is here by golly, disapproval would be folly...

We had a very serene evening (my family opens gifts on the Eve), a lot of the gifts ended up being edibles that we shared. Chili fudge and licorice and crispy onions and mint jelly and wasabi ginger preserve and coconut curry chocolate. I also baked pepernoten, which I followed up with speculaas today. Last night, we all decided we'd just not have dinner, but buy types of crackers and fancy cheeses to snack on during gift-opening, since apparently my parents were even less patient than I was.

I got two rings, one with amethyst and... something. Even the shops proprietors were apparently unsure, but it's green. The other is amber and... topaz? I'm bad with stones. Both are gorgeous, not my usual style of one stone in the middle, but I think the asymmetry shall work for me. I also was given earring hand made by my mother, which were lovely skulls on copper wire, and a necklace that is actually a watch on a long chain which springs open when I press on the top.

Aside from jewelry thingies, and the aforementioned six scarves and the food things, some of which were given to me or by me, I received a cool hat, a new bottle of nail polish remover, and a sense of pleasure with the world that Christmas can really bring out. All in all, for the stress of this year, this feels like a good end to it. Also, it's going to be warmer in California when I'm there for New Year's, so hells to the yes.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2013-12-26 at 04:22 AM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #777
    Banned

I've played a lot of MMOs before, so I don't need a starter MMO. I might play on your server if you don't mind me tagging along for a month or two. Is that ok?

Also, I've been following Warlords of Draenor for a little bit and have high hopes. It is good they're offering a level skip to ninety. (Levelling annoys me)
    Um, possibly! ^_^ My character is Skeppio, on the Oceanic realm Khaz-Goroth.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ogre in the Playground

Not Lief Erikson, as far as I know, but Thompson's a good fighting name in Irish, Scottish, English, and even some American, Spanish, and Turkish history. Been wandering and either sleeping or fighting with everyone we met since before the Roman Empire was a thing.

Thanks for the support, it means a lot. When I came out as nonreligious, you guys were there, when I came out as pan-amor-sex-whateverIam, you lot were there. It's kind of odd to realize it, but the best support and understanding in my life has come from people I've never met. If this community were one person I'd wed the **** out of them.

My Christmas day has actually been really nice. The family I'm renting a room from invited me to eat dinner and celebrate with them and it was nice seeing their kids enjoy the presents I got them. Reminded me of my kid and I teared up a little. Okay, maybe a lot.

Alright, alright I bawled like a little bitch.

Snowy out, about a foot and a half, so we made forts and igloos and I feel asleep for like an hour in the warmest pile of snow I have ever slept in.

Oh, and I'm finally getting around to reading the Salvation War posts and a very special lady I thought I'd lost came back into my life. Honestly, minus the situation with my bird, these last few days have gone from the worst bit of my life to the best.
    Last edited by TechnoScrabble; 2013-12-26 at 04:52 AM.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Troll in the Playground

Gosh darnit I just realised TechnoScrabble's avatar's nekkid. If I wasn't so tired I'd be laughing out loud. I'll do that later when I wake up.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

30. - Top - End - #780
    Orc in the Playground

I woke up with the realisation that there are only 364 shopping days left until Christmas!

Side note: my four year old niece appears to have the same sense of humour as the rest of my family, and has been sat reading the story books she just opened for the last half hour. The subject matter being how the monkeys bottom got painted blue (haffway between Roadld Dahl's Coarseness and Rudyard Kipling's stuffy twee-ness), and a fish that has terrible wind ( I envisage some kind of jet ski - its just a book about a fish which produces big green bubbles... ) appear to vastly entertain her.
    Why cannot life be simple? I am simple, therefore surely something that i try to do must also be simple