New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Gramarist: SCIENCE! is Magic [Gramarie Discussion]

Ok, so we have:
    Qazz on Arcanodynamics, Milo on Eldrikinetics, Darkweave on Heuristicism, Fako on Yggdratecture, Sirpercival on Divinentropy, and thethird on Constructivity.

Anyone I missed?
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

2. - Top - End - #692
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Since there are changes to be made, should I wait on my metaphysics of Gramarie paper, or will the materials likely not change?

3. - Top - End - #693
    Barbarian in the Playground

Is there any real use for discipline key skills anymore other than a training limiter? Because that could easily be level based instead...

Quote Originally Posted by qazzquimby View Post
    HEUR, which said psychomantics would be styled after is incredibly open ended due to contingency effects. Virtually anything can be a trigger, and virtually anything can be a response, just like my proposition.
    You do make a good point, with the contingency trigger I could merge the disciplines more completely. I'll definitely keep the defined effects but the triggers can work more like the contingency triggers of HEUR. I'm thinking at baccalaureate you can start with minor network benefits like telepathy, sense link, algorithm etc. and then at magisterial you can start to activate different effects as a logical decision or as part of a contingency trigger.
    Last edited by Darkweave31; 2014-06-22 at 07:28 PM.
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities... Quickly please, before they are out of range."

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!!"

4. - Top - End - #694

Quote Originally Posted by Mith View Post
    Since there are changes to be made, should I wait on my metaphysics of Gramarie paper, or will the materials likely not change?
    I will likely be changing some of the materials for eldrikinetics, and I've already added in at least one new material into it.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

OK. Would it be feasible and not too limiting for people to keep materials as consistent as possible across the board in terms of planetary metals, gems, and such? It mostly just helps keep everything tied in and makes the system seem more together.

6. - Top - End - #696

OK. Would it be feasible and not too limiting for people to keep materials as consistent as possible across the board in terms of planetary metals, gems, and such? It mostly just helps keep everything tied in and makes the system seem more together.
    Yes. Honestly, we'll probably end up making materials More consistent than they were in the original gramarie.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #697
    Orc in the Playground

I think I got a good idea for a theory for IMACH

The Grand Illusion Theory
    Grade: Theory
    Prereqs: 6 Theories in IMACH
    Preparation Time: 6 Hours

This theory functions exactly like IMCH 101 except you may now prepare your illusions with a fun new form to taunt anyone with, mind adjusting.

Mind Adjusting: Instead of setting your illusion to something definite like "A Dungeon Wall" or "A pile of swords" or the such, you may now use more abstact terms such as "the viewer's first love" or "the viewer's worst nightmare". Viewers take a -20 penalty to disbelief this illusion. Note, if the viewer does not meet the criteria (Such as "Viewer's favorite food" and the viewer is a construct), then they will completely ignore the illusion. Note that you may also set it that it assumes the shape of the first viewer's thought, and then it will appear like that for anyone else looking on. (An example being that if you set the criteria to "The Viewer's Father" and Roy came in, he would see Roy's father, and everyone else on looking will also see Roy's father).

Note that in order for the criteria to work, the viewer must have been aware of it, whether he remembers it or not (unless under some magic amnesia). Saying "the viewer's favorite food" would work because the viewer is aware of his own tastes, but "the contents of the viewer's best friend's father's pockets" wouldn't work unless the viewer actually did know what was in them.
    Last edited by spikeof2010; 2014-06-23 at 03:57 AM.

8. - Top - End - #698

Okay, ELDK's draft is done. Though I'm not sure whether it actually resolves any of the issues that ELDK has. At the very least, a standard car with 96 intricate charcoal engines (96 comes from my estimation of the cubic foot volume of my dads car engine *4) gives it a maximum speed of 300 mph or 482.8 km/h. Or with an intricate leaping engine that rides the rails we can get 3784 miles per hour or 6.09 megameters per hour.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2014-06-23 at 10:20 PM.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #699
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

I do not see any problem with ELDK, and it sounds like FUN!

By 6.09 Mm/hr, you mean 6 090 km/hr correct?

10. - Top - End - #700
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

I do not see any problem with ELDK, and it sounds like FUN!

By 6.09 Mm/hr, you mean 6 090 km/hr correct?
    according to Wikipedia, he does.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Yeah I'm not used to unit conversion to keep numbers as small as possible. I use units of ten (ex. 1000=10^3) with standard units. Anyways, you are still going pretty fast. Are there stats for those fantasy horses that are literally "run like the wind" for speed in D&D, or are those just the "speed of plot" things?

12. - Top - End - #702

Yeah I'm not used to unit conversion to keep numbers as small as possible. I use units of ten (ex. 1000=10^3) with standard units.
    I mainly just did it because I think it sounds cooler that it uses a different scale for it's speed. Though it is a unit of ten and a standard unit.

Are there stats for those fantasy horses that are literally "run like the wind" for speed in D&D, or are those just the "speed of plot" things?
    There is an engine in 101 that increases the speed of horses and stuff, but not by an immense amount. Though, by the end their is an engine that always arrives a distance away from the destination.

Though, the GM still controls factors like traffic and distance so I guess they can still do speed of plot stuff, but just on a much larger scale.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2014-06-24 at 07:23 PM.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #703

Are there rules for breaking the sound barrier? I admire you ability to actually accomplish things.
    Also, if you deem them worthy, my maybe use the terms and variables in my formula page to make it easier to calculate the damage you take when you crash, or you do when you slam into someone.

14. - Top - End - #704

Are there rules for breaking the sound barrier?
    Sorta... From Kellus's and my ELDK:
    At a speed of 6,698ft. the speed of sound is broken, also known as mach 1.
    Basically it makes them touch attacks.

Also, if you deem them worthy, my maybe use the terms and variables in my formula page to make it easier to calculate the damage you take when you crash, or you do when you slam into someone.
    Wouldn't you treat crashes by using the projectile damage rules?
    Show

15. - Top - End - #705

Sorta... From Kellus's and my ELDK:
    I meant more along the lines of damaging the accelerating objects. Most earlier airplanes exploded during the sonic boom, so it would be good if people weren't sending marshmallow tents to mach 9.

Wouldn't you treat crashes by using the projectile damage rules?
    I've never been able to find these rules. I'm sure they're easier to use than mine, which has deals (Other objects push/260-1.5)d6 damage.

16. - Top - End - #706

I meant more along the lines of damaging the accelerating objects. Most earlier airplanes exploded during the sonic boom, so it would be good if people weren't sending marshmallow tents to mach 9.
    I haven't put in any that damages itself, since that would immediate destroy any bullets you fire making ballistic engines much less useful. Also, that seems like it'd be very annoying if you need every structure to be heavily Alchemetrically modified just to survive sonic booms.

I've never been able to find these rules. I'm sure they're easier to use than mine, which has deals (Other objects push/260-1.5)d6 damage.
    It says where they are in 101:

At a speed of 1,800ft. objects can now be considered as projectiles for ranged attacks (this speed is hereafter known as projectile speed). These objects deal damage based on their weight, as described in Complete Warrior. At a speed of 6,698ft. the speed of sound is broken, also known as mach 1. Similarly, mach 2 is a speed of 13,397ft. and mach 3 is a speed of 20,096ft.

At mach 1, objects are considered projectiles for ranged touch attacks. At mach 2, they also catch enemies flat-footed unless the target has uncanny dodge. At mach 3, they deal double their normal damage (including double the speed bonus damage), with the extra damage being sonic energy damage.

Projectiles also deal additional damage based on their momentum; the faster an object goes, the more damage it deals. For every 1,000 ft. beyond projectile speed, an projectile deals an additional 1d6 damage of the same type as it typically deals, to a maximum amount of speed bonus damage equal to the gramarie check of the engine that launched it.
    This is all about the damage.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2014-06-25 at 04:16 AM.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #707

I know the rules are somewhere in CW, but I've never been able to find them. Is it improvised weapon damage for their size?

18. - Top - End - #708

I know the rules are somewhere in CW, but I've never been able to find them. Is it improvised weapon damage for their size?
    Yeah, should be on one of the last pages of the book.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #709

The Arcwielder
    "Moment splinter moment, Splinter into colour, and let me be Electricity"

There's an old story about a sick child who was feed a small amount of copper every day in the hopes that some of it was carmot, and just as the child was about to die the gods ascended the copper still within the girl into carmot, not only giving the child one more day but changing the child into a being of lightning. But.... that's just a story. People aren't truly sure what causes some people to have mental mastery over spontaneous electro-arcanodynamics, but they do seem to end up as mecenaries and thieves in cities that contain large amounts of gramarists (likely because of the often larger amounts of metal in said cities).

Game Rule Information

Abilities: Intelligence is probably the most important skill, because it allows the arcwielder to better understand the exact paths his electricity will travel and comprehend the effects the channeling of electrons will result in. After intelligence, an arcwielder can focus more in either strength or dexterity depending on whether they would rather be melee characters with fists of lightning, or shooting bolts of plasma at their foes.

Alignment: Any
    Hit Die: d8
    Skill Points at 1st Level: (6 + Int modifier) x 4
    Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 6 + Int modifier

Class Skills: The Arcwielder's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Disable Device (Int), Escape Artist (Dex), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Architecture and engineering), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Spot (Wis), Tumble (Dex), and Use Magic Device (Cha).

Everything below this point was eaten by the forum, so it lacks formatting for now
    The Arcwielder

Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special Quick as Lightning Unarmed Damage
    1st +0 +2 +2 +0 Capacitor, Improved Unarmed Strike, Plasma Strike, Silver Circuit +0 ft. 1d6
    2nd +1 +3 +3 +0 Quick as Lightning, Lightning Conversion +10 ft. 1d6
    3rd +2 +3 +3 +1 Silver Conductor +10 ft. 1d6
    4th +3 +4 +4 +1 Nervous Strike, Secondary Circuit +10 ft. 1d6
    5th +3 +4 +4 +1 Energized Fists +20 ft. 1d8
    6th +4 +5 +5 +2 Conductive Weaponry, Plasma is Hot +20 ft. 1d8
    7th +5 +5 +5 +2 Voltaic Step +20 ft. 1d8
    8th +6/+1 +6 +6 +2 Tertiary Circuit +30 ft. 1d10
    9th +6/+1 +6 +6 +3 Voltaic Leap +30 ft. 1d10
    10th +7/+2 +7 +7 +3 Improved Lightning Conversion +30 ft. 1d10
    11th +8/+3 +7 +7 +3 Voltaic Form +40 ft. 2d6
    12th +9/+4 +8 +8 +4 Improved Plasma is Hot, Thermal Circuit +40 ft. 2d6
    13th +9/+4 +8 +8 +4 Improved Voltaic Step, Sparksized +40 ft. 2d6
    14th +10/+5 +9 +9 +4 Thermal Conductor +50 ft. 2d8
    15th +11/+6/+1 +9 +9 +5 Improved Voltaic Form, Sparksized +50 ft. 2d8
    16th +12/+7/+2 +10 +10 +5 Improved Voltaic Leap +50 ft. 2d8
    17th +12/+7/+2 +10 +10 +5 Sparksized +60 ft. 2d10
    18th +13/+8/+3 +11 +11 +6 Ultimate Circuit +60 ft. 2d10
    19th +14/+9/+4 +11 +11 +6 Sparksized +60 ft. 2d10
    20th +15/+10/+5 +12 +12 +6 Body of the Storm, Ultimate Conductor +70 ft. 3d6
    [/table]

All of the following are class features of the arcwielder.

Weapon and Armour Proficiency: Arcwielders are proficient in all simple weapons and light armour, but are not proficient in shields of any kind.

Capacitor: An arcwielder can store more electricity inside of nervous system than normal for his kind. An arcwielder can store a number of Amps in his body equal to half his class level + intelligence bonus (minimum 1).

Improved Unarmed Strike: Arcwielders gain Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat.

Plasma Strike (Su): Arcwielders can expend Amps to discharge electricity. This can occur either through touch or at range. When making a touch or unarmed attack, he can expend amps as a free action to have that attack deal an additional +1d6 electricity damage if it hits per amp spent.

Or, the arcwielder can expend amps as a standard action to make a line attack. The line is 20 ft. long per amp that was spent, 5 ft. wide, and deals 1d6 electricity damage per amp that was spent.

Silver Circuit (Su): An arcwielder can convert his vital energy into electrical energy as a free action, gaining 1 amp for every 6 points of damage he deals to himself. Also, he can reverse the circuit to convert electrical energy into vital energy, healing 1d6 hit points per every amp he sacrifices.

Lightning Conversion (Su): A second level arcwielder takes only half damage from electricity. For every six points of electricity damage that is negated by this ability, you gain an amp.

Quick as Lightning (Su): An arcwielder that is at least second level gains improved reflexes from the extra electricity running through him, gaining an alchemic bonus to his reflex save, equal to the number of amps he has stored. In addition, as long as he has at least one amp stored he gains an alchemic bonus to all his non-magical movement modes based on your level.

Silver Conductor (Su): At third level, the arcwielder can convert the vital energy in others into electricity. On a successful touch or unarmed attack, the arcwielder can deal an additional 1d6 electricity damage per 2 hit dice of the target as a free action. This cannot be used with the same attack as plasma strike or similar abilities.

Nervous Strike (Su): When a 4th level arcwielder hits with an unarmed or touch attack, they can take a free action to manipulate the electricity in the targets nervous system. The target must make a fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 level + Intelligence modifier), or take 1d6 dexterity, intelligence, or wisdom damage (chosen with the free action). This cannot be used with the same attack as plasma strike or similar abilities.

Secondary Circuit (Su): Arcwielders of 4th level must select a type of energy to learn how to convert, puissance or wind.

Puissant Circuit: As a free action, you can turn any amps you have into ebbs of puissance or vice versa. This puissance is normally supplied or taken from the arcwielder through heurisitic circuits. In addition, as a standard action you can make a touch attack against an object and deal 1d6 damage per ebb of puissance the target has stored inside of it at the moment

Wind Circuit: As a free action once per round, you can lower the wind force in a 100 ft. radius by one stage till the start of you next turn, and gain 1 amp. If the wind force of the area is Light to begin with, you cannot use this ability. In addition, as a standard action you can expend 4 amps to cast Gust of Wind.

Energized Fists (Su): A 5th level arcwielder with at least one amp stored can punch much harder. The unarmed damage is increased to an amount depending on your class level (the table shows the damage for a medium sized character).

Conductive Weaponry: Upon reaching 6th level, arcwielders can treat attacks they make with conductive weapons as unarmed attacks for the purpose of using plasma strike, energized fists, and similar abilities.

Plasma is Hot: When a 6th level arcwielder hits with plasma strike, they can spend a free action to force the target to make a reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 arcwielder level + intelligence modifier) or be set on fire.

Voltaic Step (Su): At seventh level, an arcwielder can convert their legs into electrical energy, allowing them to treat conductive surfaces as if they were horizontal ground. In addition, whenever travelling upon a conductive surface, every 10 ft. counts as only 5 ft. for the purpose of your movement speed.

Tertiary Circuit (Su): Arcwielders of 8th level must select a type of energy to learn how to convert, light or sound.

Crystal Circuit: As a free action once per round, you can affect yourself with a silence effect, and gain 1 amp if their is noise equivalent or greater than to 4 people talking. In addition, any sonic damage that would be dealt to you is negated, gaining 1 amp for every 6 damage that is negated. In addition, they can expend amps to make a Control Sound effect, with he manifester level equal to the amps expended.

Gold Circuit: As a free action, you can convert any amps you have into illumination. This functions as a torch, but expends two amps per round. By expending three amps instead of one, the light created is considered Daylight. Also they can blind themselves as a free action once per round, as long as the light level you are in is at least shadowy illumination, you gain one amp per turn.

Voltaic Leap (Su): At 9th level an arcwielder can shift themselves into electricity temporarily to assist in jumps. If they are jumping towards a material that is conductive, they gain an alchemical bonus to the jump check equal to their class level. In addition, when jumping in this way you do not require a run up.

Improved Lightning Conversion (Su): The lightning conversion ability of a 10th level arcwielder negates all electricity damage, not just half.

Voltaic Form (Su): An arcwielder of 11th level can convert their entire bodies into an electrical state. At the cost of five amps per turn and a free action, arcwielder gains the incorporeal subtype, but only to conductive materials. Moving through conductive materials counts for the purposes of voltaic step.

Improved Plasma is Hot: At level 12, when an arcwielder sets someone on fire through Plasma is Hot, the fire deals 1d10 damage instead of 1d6.

Thermal Circuit (Su): A twelfth level arcwielder can spend a free action once per turn to bring the temperature in his an his adjacent squares twenty degrees closer to 20 centigrade, and gain two amps. In addition, he can expend any number of amps as a free action to make his square and his adjacent squares five degrees further away (you choose the direction) from 20 centigrade per amp.

Improved Voltaic Step (Su): Upon reaching 13th level, the arcwielder treats ever 30 ft. of travel on or through conductive material as if it was 5 ft. for the purpose of his movement speed.

Sparksized (Su): At thirteenth level, the arcwielder can temporarilly compress themselves by converting bits of themselves into energy. For the purposes of squeezing into small spaces, they count one size smaller. At 15th level, and every two levels thereafter they count as one more size smaller.

Thermal Conductor (Su): At fourteenth level, the arcwielder can convert the thermal energy in others into electricity. On a successful touch or unarmed attack, the arcwielder can deal an additional 1d6 damage per 10 degrees the creatures body is over or 20 centigrade as a free action. Half of this damage is electricity, the other half is either cold or fire damage, depending on whether the target's temperature was above or below 20 respectively. This cannot be used with the same attack as plasma strike or similar abilities. In addition, the creature is cooled or heated to 20 degrees centigrade.

Improved Voltaic Form: At level 15, the voltaic form ability stops requiring amps to be expended, instead it can just be activated and deactivated as a free action.

Improved Voltaic Leap: A sixteenth level arcwielder's ability to leap to conductive surfaces improves, doubling the bonus.

Ultimate Circuit (Su): A 18th level arcwielder learns how to convert either faith or nuclear energy into electrical energy:

Lead Circuit: Whenever arcwielder would gain any negative levels from radiomantic materials or effects, they instead gain 5 amps for every negative level they would've gained. Also, they can expend amps as a free action to give one negative level to whichever creature adjacent to you has the least hit dice, per 5 amps.

Platinum Circuit: The arcwielder gains spell resistance 10+class level, that only applies to divine spells. Whenever this successfully negates a spell, you gain that spells level as amps. In addition, by expending amps as a free action you can make a use of turn or rebuke undead as a cleric with a level equal to a quarter of the number of amps expended, to a maximum of half your arcwielder level. These uses of turning and rebuking undead count for the purpose of feats.

Ultimate Conductor (Su): Upon reaching 20th level, the arcwielder can convert faith or nuclear energy in others into electricity. On a successful touch or unarmed attack, the arcwielder can deal an additional 2d6 electricity damage per level of divine spells they can cast (if you convert faith), or per negative level they have (if you convert nuclear energy). This cannot be used with the same attack as plasma strike or similar abilities. In addition, the creature expends their highest unused divine spell slot, if faith, or loses all their negative levels, if nuclear.

Body of the Storm (Su): A twentieth level arcwielder is a being of pure electricity. His type changes to Elemental (Air), though still counts as his previous type in situations where it would be beneficial, he stops taking aging penalties and has no maximum age, the damage dice used with plasma strike is increased to 2d6.

In addition, the arcwielder becomes immune to all forms of energy damage, gaining one amp for every 6 points of energy damage negated.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2015-02-17 at 10:43 PM.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #710

Sooooo, I've done some thinking on biollurgy and come up with some interesting spins on the discipline.

First is the idea of elven technology being strongly based in the manipulation of plant-based biostructure. This includes the traditional tree houses that are made up of woven branches of trees and self repairing wood that they use to make their ships. The ships could also be plant-typed chassis that have the fly teratomorphism and vestigial wings mutation to represent the sails and feather-like ores that propel the ship forward. I am now imagining an elven academist specializing in biollurgy and heuristicism to create all of these wondrous creations.

Second is the way I have assuaged my distaste for the flavor of mutations and manipulation of life. The change in flavor comes from modern biomedical engineering and robotics which produces technologies that mimic the mechanics of biological things like legs. Rather than mutating and manipulating genetics of the chassis it could just be shaping the "living" metal to essentially copy the corresponding natural feature.

Third is a new (I think) blueprint that I have named...

Spoiler: Nanobots or why symbiosis is the only plasmid worth giving
    Show
    Name: Nanobots
    Principle: BIOY 101 (any), BIOY 228 (It's Alive, Mutation Induction)
    Optional Principles: BIOY 273, HEUR 101, HEUR 328
    Feats: Liar's Grafting (for plasmid maker)
    Optional Feats: Construct/Elemental/Outsider/Plant/Undead Mutator
    Items: Plasmid (Symbiosis)
    Optional Items: moar plasmids (Symbiosis)

First, the target must be given a plasmid that contains the symbiosis mutation. Liar's Grafting allows for this plasmid to be given to a subject that could not normally gain an Ancient Mutation. (I will note that it is possible to create a sentient biollurgical chassis that can gain 1 level in Geneticist, the ability to make a symbiosis plasmid, and the liar's grafting feat.) Once as many symbiosis plasmids as possible for the target are in place, use BIOY 101 to create the desired type of biostructure for the chassis (Ooze works well since it doesn't require a special feat to be a viable target for the symbiosis and grants several immunities. Since the plasmid technically grants the target a mutator level they can take mutator feats to allow types like construct to work as well.)

Now animate the chassis (I like to make them fine-sized) and use mutation induction to grant it whatever mutations you desire. Use BIOY 273, HEUR 101, and HEUR 328 to grant it the desired level of sentience and control. (Simply granting it the instincts to fuse on a certain chemical/sensory trigger and to follow the orders of the host should be sufficient though you can over-think at your discretion.) If the chassis can't gain the symbiosis mutation give it a suitable plasmid (or multiple if you want more than 1 for the target). Now simply have the nanobot(s) fuse with the target and the target now has incredibly enhanced abilities and access to far more mutations than it would have gained from any other plasmid.

EDIT: Ok, so in my excitement I missed the line in Symbiosis that you can only fuse with another creature of the same type, thus you couldn't get an ooze or construct type nanobot unless you took a mutator feat or were that type too. Oh, well...

For a summary of the abilities the nanobot can give its host:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Symbiosis [Extraordinaire]
    Prerequisite: -
    Ability Score: None.
    Benefit: The evolutionist can connect to other creatures to gain benefits from it. As a full-round action, the evolutionist can forge a symbiotic link with a willing creature within reach, belonging to the aberration, animal, dragon, fey, giant, humanoid, magical beast, monstrous humanoid, ooze or vermin types. Once this link is forged, it remains active for as long as the target stays within the evolutionist’s reach, or until the evolutionist takes a standard action to sever the connection.
    While the symbiotic link is active, both creatures gain the other’s appropriate ability score modifiers (if positive) as a bonus on all skill checks. Furthermore, once per turn, the evolutionist can Aid another the linked creature as a free action, similarly, the linked creature can aid the evolutionist as a free action once per turn.
    Symbiosis shows its true power when employed by multiple evolutionists who boast it. As a full round action, two or more creatures of the same creature type, all of whom must possess this mutation, may temporarily fuse together (all the limitations of creature type listed before apply, but the evolutionists need not be adjacent to each and everyone, being adjacent to a single other suffices). This fusion provides the following effects:
    • The fused entity’s size category is equal to the size category of the largest participant, increased by one for every two participants of the same size category that enter the symbiotic fusion. If all participants are considered long creatures, the fused entity is a long creature, if all participants are tall creatures, the fused entity is considered a tall creature, if there are long and tall creatures among the participants, they may chose to make the fused entity tall or long, and may change this shape as a full-round action.
    • The fused entity is treated as if it had the type and subtypes of all the participants. It can chose to be affected by spells and effects that check for subtype as best benefits it.
    • The fused entity has an effective HD equal to the highest hit die of the participants. Its hit points are equal to the sum of the hit points of the participants.
    • The fused entity’s armor class is set by its new size, ability scores and class features. If any of the participants has a natural armor (before considering mutations and class features), the fused entity uses the best natural armor available.
    • The fused entity has the best movement modes of each of the participants.
    • The fused entity has a single initiative modifier, set by its combined feats, ability scores, mutations and any other effects that modify it. It rolls initiative once for each participant in its creation and may act on each of these initiatives as normal, with a full complement of actions in each one. It may take one immediate action between each pair of turns it takes.
    • The fused entity has the best base attack bonus among the participants.
    • The fused entity has all the natural weapons of the participants. It is treated as if it had as many manipulating limbs as the total sum of the participants and as if it were wielding anything the participants were, even if its outward appearance would say otherwise.
    • The fused entity uses the best base ability scores of the participants in its creation, with a bonus to said ability scores equal to the respective modifiers of the unused ability scores (if positive). Changes in constitution do not alter the fused entity’s hit point total. The base ability scores used in these calculations are the ability scores without any typed bonuses, such as enhancement, alchemical or inherent, all of which are added to the final ability scores according to their own limits.
    • The fused entity uses the best base saves of the participants, modified by its new ability score bonuses. It can make one will save for every participant, and succeeds on will saves as long as any of the participants succeeds.
    • The fused entity has access to all skills and feats of the participants, modified by its new ability score bonuses. Any repeated skills have their ranks added up to the maximum allowed by the fused entity’s HD and are treated as class skills if they are class skills to any of the participants. Any repeated feats provide no additional benefits unless the feat can normally be taken multiple times.
    • The fused entity has access to all special attacks and special qualities of the participants.
    • The fused entity has access to all of the mutations, teratomorphisms, ascendancies and perfections of the participants, up to their caps as set by its mutator level. The fused entity has a mutator level equal to the sum of the mutator levels of the evolutionists involved, up to a maximum of its HD. Repeated teratomorphisms gained in this manner provide no benefit unless they can be taken repeatedly normally, size altering teratomorphisms do not change the fused entity’s size (as it is set in a different manner).
    • The fused entity has access to all other class features of the participants. The benefits granted by repeated class features do not stack (as per gestalt rules).
    • The fused entity has access to all of the body slots and magic items (and chakras and soulmelds if applicable) worn by the participants and benefits from all of them as normal.
    • The fused entity is affected by any condition that affects the participants, be it active spells, poisons, diseases etc. If the condition is prevented by a will save, the other participants have the option to make a save against the effect in order to end it. When the original bearer of the condition leaves the fused entity, it remains affected by it, as do any participants that leave it afterwards.

The overall appearance of the fused entity is up to the participants.
    The participants can remain fused for as long as they wish. Any participant can extricate himself from the fused entity as a full round action at any time he desires. When one participant removes himself from the fused entity, the whole being’s characteristics must be recalculated to account for the removal. The removed participant exits the fused entity with an amount of hit points equivalent to the percentage of hit points the fused entity had when the split was performed.
    The fused entity requires as much sleep as the creature involved that needs the most sleep, it can prepare spells, shape soulmelds and otherwise ready any class features that need such readying immediately following this rest. The fused entity requires daily nourishment equal to one and a half times what the participants would need.
    Further Mutations: This mutation can be taken once per four mutator levels. For each time it is taken, the evolutionist and the linked creature may make an additional aid another check as a free action per turn, only one such aid another attempt can be made for any given roll on a turn. Additionally, an evolutionist can only take part in a symbiotic fusion with a maximum number of participants beyond himself equal to the number of times he has taken this mutation.
    Special: The evolutionist can forge a symbiotic link with creatures of the construct, elemental, outsider, plant or undead types if he has access to the appropriate special mutation lists.

Last edited by Darkweave31; 2014-07-03 at 03:16 PM.
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities... Quickly please, before they are out of range."

21. - Top - End - #711

Quote Originally Posted by Darkweave31 View Post
    Sooooo, I've done some thinking on biollurgy and come up with some interesting spins on the discipline.

First is the idea of elven technology being strongly based in the manipulation of plant-based biostructure. This includes the traditional tree houses that are made up of woven branches of trees and self repairing wood that they use to make their ships. The ships could also be plant-typed chassis that have the fly teratomorphism and vestigial wings mutation to represent the sails and feather-like ores that propel the ship forward. I am now imagining an elven academist specializing in biollurgy and heuristicism to create all of these wondrous creations.
    Yeah that can be done with BIOY, though why mention HEUR?

Second is the way I have assuaged my distaste for the flavor of mutations and manipulation of life. The change in flavor comes from modern biomedical engineering and robotics which produces technologies that mimic the mechanics of biological things like legs. Rather than mutating and manipulating genetics of the chassis it could just be shaping the "living" metal to essentially copy the corresponding natural feature.
    Yep, one of the reasons I basically gave plasmids no flavour was so that it can easily be changed to being cybernetics and shaping living metal.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #712

BIOY and HEUR because I like the synergy...

Also an idea for Biollurgy, specifically dealing with instincts... I think reflex could be an interesting addition, allowing the gramarist to program a certain reaction to a specific stimulus. Or maybe it's just me over-thinking the intricacies of life

23. - Top - End - #713

Quote Originally Posted by Darkweave31 View Post
    Also an idea for Biollurgy, specifically dealing with instincts... I think reflex could be an interesting addition, allowing the gramarist to program a certain reaction to a specific stimulus. Or maybe it's just me over-thinking the intricacies of life
    It should be able to do that already.... I think.....

EDIT: Anabolist [WIP] *It's getting annoying keeping the page open and I can't be bothered going to pastebin*

The Anabolist
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

"I woke up in a morgue. Now I hunt. I kill. I consume. I become."

An anabolist is a survivor. This concept is key to the very being of an anabolist, so much so that they can biollurgically alter their bodies with other creatures scavenged body parts to survive nearly anything. As scavengers, they often don't fight on the front lines, instead they use their mobility and shapechanging to end up standing right behind their prey, and taking them apart for sustenance. Anabolists are not warriors, they are a cancer, appearing out of nowhere, turning your body into it's own, and being a near perfect survivor.

Game Rule Information

Abilities: The primary abilities of an anabolist are dexterity and constitution. Dexterity since they don't wear large amounts of armour and so they can be masters of stealth. Constitution is the ability score used to control and utilize their adaption abilities.

Alignment: Any
    Hit Die: d8
    Skill Points at 1st Level: (6 + Int modifier) x 4

Class Skills: The anabolist's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Autohypnosis (Wis), Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Spot (Wis), Survival (Dex), Tumble (Dex) and Use Rope (Dex).

The Anabolist
    Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special AP
    1st +0 +2 +2 +0 Adaption Surge, Consume, Instant Adaptation 5
    2nd +1 +3 +3 +0 Cloak of the Living, Hide the Hunger, Weapon Finesse 2
    3rd +2 +3 +3 +1 Aberrant Aid +2, Face of the Fallen 2
    4th +3 +4 +4 +1 Eldritch Descension, Lesser Adaptions, Natural Weapon Finesse 3
    5th +3 +4 +4 +1 Amoebic Mobility, Food for Thought 3
    6th +4 +5 +5 +2 Homeostasis, Skitter +30 ft. 4
    7th +5 +5 +5 +2 More Flipping Tentacles! 4
    8th +6/+1 +6 +6 +2 Blend with the Mass, Intermediate Adaptions 5
    9th +6/+1 +6 +6 +3 Improved Aberrant Aid +4, Viral Incarnation 6
    10th +7/+2 +7 +7 +3 Fast Healing, Supernatural Diet 6
    11th +8/+3 +7 +7 +3 Biollurgic Incorporation 7
    12th +9/+4 +8 +8 +4 Greater Adaptions, Skitter +60 ft. 7
    13th +9/+4 +8 +8 +4 Improved Face of the Fallen 8
    14th +10/+5 +9 +9 +4 Even More Flipping Tentacles! 8
    15th +11/+6/+1 +9 +9 +5 Greater Aberrant Aid +8, Improved Fast Healing 9
    16th +12/+7/+2 +10 +10 +5 Superior Adaptions 9
    17th +12/+7/+2 +10 +10 +5 Talented Diet 10
    18th +13/+8/+3 +11 +11 +6 Skitter +90 ft. 11
    19th +14/+9/+4 +11 +11 +6 Expanded Surge 11
    20th +15/+10/+5 +12 +12 +6 Transcendent Survivor 12

All of the following are class features of the anabolist.

Weapon and Armour Proficiency: Anabolists are proficient in simple weapons and light armour, but are not proficient in shields of any kind.

Adaption Surge (Su): Where a normal person gets a surge of adrenaline when in danger, anabolists grow new limbs or make their claws even sharper. A number of times per day equal to 3 + your constitution bonus, you can spend a swift action to increase the tier of one adaption that is unlocked as long as your currently fulfilling either it's Surge Prerequisite. The benefits of an adaption surge last till the end of the encounter or 10 minutes, whichever happen first. You can have multiple surges activate at once.

Consume (Su): As a standard action, an anabolist can make an attack with a natural weapon at his highest base attack bonus. If this attack leaves a living creature with less than 1 hit point, you immediately consume them, rending them into cells with tendrils and adding their flesh and bone to your husk. This does two things, heals you and unlocks adaptations.

When you consume a creature in this way you heal 1d6 hit points per hit die of the creature or 1 point of strength, dexterity, or constitution damage, and you may select a single adaptation the consumed creature meets the Unlock Prerequisites of and unlock it. When you unlock an adaptation, you can immediately spend as much AP you want on it as if you fulfilled it's surge prerequisite.

If you kill a living creature through coup de grace with a natural weapon, you can consume the killed creature as a free action.

Instant Adaption (Su): Each level, the anabolist gains a set number of AP which is retained when you level up if it is not spent. As an immediate action, you can spend one or more of your Adaption Points (AP) to gain an adaption that is unlocked. This can only be done with adaptions that you currently meet the Surge prerequisite of.

When an adaption is actually gained, it is automatically affected by adaption surge except that it does not take up a daily use of the ability.

Cloak of the Living (Su): By altering his outer structure, texture, and colouration of his body a second level anabolist can make it look like he is wearing clothing or armour, this takes a standard action. In addition, he can alter his skin colour and his living clothing to match the surroundings by taking a standard action and selecting a terrain type. While in that terrain, he gains a +8 racial bonus to hide checks while in that environment. Either of these two effects can be removed as a free action.

Hide the Hunger (Su): At 2nd level, an anabolist can cause the manifestation of their adaptions to recede as a free action. Any receded adaptions automatically have their manifestations return if they are used.

Weapon Finesse: A second level anabolist gains weapon finesse as a bonus feat.

Aberrant Aid (Su): As a swift-action, a third level anabolist can warp their body to assist their skills. When the swift action is taken, select a skill you have at least one rank in, you are counted as having masterwork tools for that skill except the competence bonus is based on your level (see table above). This ability cannot be used with craft or profession.

Face of the Fallen (Su): Anabolists of third level can take the face from those they devour. This functions as Disguise Self except you can only take the appearance of the last creature you consumed that fits the limitations of the spell. Whenever you consume a creature you can choose to not use that appearance for this ability, instead retaining their previous form.

Eldritch Descension: Upon reaching fourth level, the anabolist loosens the ties to his original kind, changing his creature type to Aberration and gaining darkvision to 60 ft.

Lesser Adaptions: A fourth level anabolist gains access to lesser tier adaptions with his Instant Adaptation ability. This functions as normal except that they must have the adaption they want to purchase as a lesser adaption.

Natural Weapon Finesse (Ex): At 4th level, the anabolist can use his dexterity score and modifier instead of strength to calculate damage for melee attacks, but only with attacks from natural weapons.

Amoebic Mobility (Su): Because of an anabolists cellular structure, once he reaches 5th level he can compress his body enough to squeeze through a 1-inch-wide crack. Cracks and similar openings that are 1 inch or more in width do not slow the anabolist at all. In addition, he gains a racial bonus to escape artist checks equal to twice his class level.

Food for Thought (Su): When a 5th level anabolist consumes a creature, he can spend a free action to learn information from the victim. This effect functions like speak with dead, with a caster level equal to his hit dice.

Homeostasis (Su): Upon reaching 6th level an anabolist can spend an immediate action to fake death perfectly. While in this state, your body temperature slowly drops to room temperature, you have no heart beat, you cannot sense anything, you do not age, there is no electricity passing through your nerves, and you rot, only a single cell of your body is still alive. A person inspecting your body can make a Heal check (DC 50) to notice your still alive. If you are dealt lethal damage at all while in this state, you immediately leave it and any harm that came from rot is removed as your body regenerates.

Skitter (Ex): After sixth level, the anabolist gains an enhancement bonus to base land speed based on his level (see table above) that only applies while using the run or withdraw actions.

More Flipping Tentacles!: Anabolists of seventh level can release immense amounts of biomass to birth a torrent of tendrils. As a full-round action, you can inflict points of constitution damage to yourself. Immediately tendrils burst out dealing 1d10 bludgeon, piercing and slashing damage per constitution point lost to all in a 50 ft. radius, with a reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 anabolist level + constitution modifier) halving the damage.

Blend with the Mass (Ex): An anabolist of 8th level or higher can use the Hide skill to hide while adjacent to at least three creatures of at least medium size while all his adaptions are hidden, even if the terrain doesn't grant cover or concealment.

Intermediate Adaptions: An eighth level anabolist gains access to intermediate tier adaptions with his Instant Adaptation ability. This functions as normal except that they must have the adaption they want to purchase as a lesser adaption.

Viral Incarnation (Su): A ninth level anabolist can take over a creature as a malignant cell. When an anabolist can use their consume ability, they can instead decide to use this ability. Immediate the body of the anabolist decays and decontructs, while the victim's hit points are increased to the anabolist's (even if this would be over the victims normal maximum). The anabolist can then sense anything the victim senses and hear their thoughts, though has no way to manipulate the victim aside from being able to force the victim to make a fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 class level + constitution modifier) up to once per week. If this save is failed, the victim's body is destroyed and the anabolist is recreated where the victim previously stood, with however many hit points the victim had at the time. This ability unlocks adaptions as consume, though does not heal the anabolist.

Fast Healing (Ex): Anabolists of 10th level gain Fast Healing 1 that stacks with all forms of fast healing.

Supernatural Diet (Su): At 10th level the anabolist can gain supernatural powers by feeding upon monsters and mages. By spending a full-round action instead of a standard action when using consume, you automatically select one diet group that creature fits in and gain the Diet Groups abilities. You can only have one diet group at a time, and gaining a new one replaces the old.

Spoiler: Diet Groups
    Show

Binder
    Prerequisite: Soul Binder
    You gain Bind Vestige and Practiced Binder as a bonus feat.

Caster
    Prerequisite: Spellcasting or Invocations
    Select one of the following:
    • Eldritch Abilities: You gain a invocations as a warlock with a level equal to a third of your class level. Regardless of if you lose this ability and later regain it, you select the same invocations. You cannot have this ability and dragonfire adept or warlock levels at the same time.
    • Slave to Magic: You gain a familiar as if you were a sorcerer with a level equal to your class level. This familiar doesn't cost anything to call into existence, and nothing is lost when the familiar dies or this ability is lost. If you have an ability that grants a familiar, your level for the purpose of familiars is the sum of your classes that grant familiars.
    • Taste of Magic: You gain spellcasting of a sorcerer with a level equal to a quarter of your class level, except that constitution is used as the spellcasting ability score rather than charisma. Regardless of if you lose this ability and later regain it, you select the same spells as spells known. You cannot have this ability and sorcerer levels at the same time.

Evoker
    Prerequisite: Illuminations
    • Costume of Bone: The anabolist can treat clothes made from Cloak of the Living as costumes from Radiant Armaments, with imbuements as if they were Champions with a level equal to your anabolist level. Once you select the type of costume, it cannot be changed.

Gramarist
    Prerequisite: Principles
    Select two of the following:
    • Alchemetric Expert: Select a special material that weapons can be made from worth at most 500 gp per 3 class levels. Your natural weapons count as being made from that material.
    • Arcanodynamic Technician: When you consume a creature, instead of healing, you can instead temporarily enchant your weapons. For 1 round per hit dice of the victim, your natural attacks deal an additional +1d6 damage from acid, cold, electricity, or fire (chosen when you consume the creature).
    • Biollurgic General: When you consume a creature, instead of healing or unlocking, you can turn the victim into a biollurgical chassis. This immediately affects the creature with BIOY 101: Informismateria, to make it aberration biostructure, and then BIOY 228:It's Alive. Your level + constitution modifier counts as your training for the purpose of this. These chassis function as normal, except that they have mental ability scores equal to half of yours, they have three mutations per hit die, and they do not count as chassis for the purpose of gramaric principles. You can only control a mass of chassis with hit dice totaling up to twice your class level.
    • Eldrikinetic Mechanic: Your skitter ability applies to all movement, rather than just run and withdraw actions. In addition, you become immune to fall damage.
    • Gramaric Overseer: You can spend a full-round action to see nearly everything near you, perceiving as though you were in every single empty 5 ft. cube within 100 ft.
    • Heuristics Analyst:
    • Imachinated Conceptualist:
    • Kaleidomantic Artist:
    • Yggdratectic Engineer:

Initiator

Manifester

Meldshaper

Mutator

Mythos

Transformers
    Prerequisite: Features
    • Eldritch Chest: You gain a subspace (as YGGD 101) that sticks out of your chest. This subspace has volume of 5 cubic feet, and can be opened and closed by the anabolist as a free action.
    • Vicious Grappler: Whenever you hit a creature you have pinned, you can deal 1d4 points of constitution damage against the creature as a free action.

Truenamer

Biollurgic Incorporation (Su): When an 11th level anabolist uses consume on biostructure or a biollurgical chassis, they can choose to either regain 1d12 hit points and 1d2 physical ability score damage per hit die of the victim, or they can temporarily increase their size category, as enlarge person with a caster level equal to the hit die of the victim.

Greater Adaptions: A twelfth level anabolist gains access to greater tier adaptions with his Instant Adaptation ability. This functions as normal except that they must have the adaption they want to purchase as an intermediate adaption.

Improved Face of the Fallen: An anabolist with thirteen levels can remember more appearances to use for disguises, you can remember a number of forms for Face of the Fallen equal to your constitution bonus (minimum 1).

Even More Flipping Tentacles!: When an anabolists of fourteenth level uses More Flipping Tentacles, the range is tripled, and the damage counts as magical for the purpose of damage resistance.

Improved Fast Healing (Ex): Anabolists of 15th level gain Fast Healing 5 that stacks with all forms of fast healing.

Superior Adaptions: A sixteenth level anabolist gains access to superior tier adaptions with his Instant Adaptation ability. This functions as normal except that they must have the adaption they want to purchase as a greater adaption.

Talented Diet (Su): By spending a full-round action instead of a standard action when using consume, a seventeenth level anabolist can assimilate the talents of a person with class levels. Doing this causes you to gain the class features of that class, as if you had taken five levels in it. You can only have one classes features with this ability at the same time, and you cannot use it to gain class features from classes you already possess levels in.

Expanded Surge: At nineteenth level the anabolist no longer needs to meet surge prerequisites when using the Adaption Surge ability.

Transcendent Survivor (Su): Upon reaching 20th level, the anabolist gains Regeneration 5. In addition, he no longer takes penalties from aging and no longer has a maximum age.

Adaptions
    Spoiler
    Show

Armour
    Unlock Prerequisite: Creature with natural armour
    Surge Prerequisite: An attack roll would beat your armour class, attacked while not wearing armour, or similar.
    • Benefit: You gain +2 armour bonus to armour class.
    • Lesser: The armour bonus to armour class increases to +4, and can be made into magical armour as though it was masterwork in quality.
    • Intermediate: ?
    • Greater: ?
    • Superior: ?
    • Epic: ?

Bite
    Unlock Prerequisite: Creature with a bite natural attack.
    Surge Prerequisite: Someone puts their hand in your mouth, attacked while you possess no weapon, your weapon is disarmed or sundered, or similar.
    • Benefit: Each of your heads gains a bite natural attack, that each deals 1d8 bludgeon, piercing and slashing damage. The damage listed is for medium creatures.
    • Lesser: If you kill a living creature with your bite attack, you can consume it as a free action.
    • Intermediate: Your bite attack's damage increases to 2d8, it counts as masterwork for the purpose of making them magical weapons, and you count as wielding a two-handed weapon whenever you attempt to sunder with your bite attack.

Claws
    Unlock Prerequisite: Creature with a claw natural attack.
    Surge Prerequisite: Attacked while you possess no weapon, your weapon is disarmed or sundered, or similar.
    • Benefit: Each of your arms gains a claw natural attack, that each deals 1d4 piercing and slashing damage. The damage listed is for medium creatures.
    • Lesser: You may make a full-attack against any creature that is denied it's dexterity modifier to armour class as a standard action rather than full-round action, but the only attacks you may make are claw attacks.
    • Intermediate: Your claw attack's damage increases to 2d4, they count as masterwork for the purpose of making them magical weapons, and you gain a burrow speed equal to half your base land speed.

Hammerfist
    Unlock Prerequisite: Creature with a slam natural attack.
    Surge Prerequisite: Shaking someones hand, attacked while you possess no weapon, your weapon is disarmed or sundered, or similar.
    • Benefit: Each of your arms gains a slam natural attack, that each deals 1d6 bludgeon damage. The damage listed is for medium creatures. In addition, it counts as an unarmed attack whenever it would be beneficial.
    • Lesser: When you bullrush you may make a constitution check rather than a strength check.
    • Intermediate: Your slam attack's damage increases to 2d6, they count as masterwork for the purpose of making them magical weapons, and you can bullrush a creature you have hit with your slam attack this round as a free action.

Healthy
    Unlock Prerequisite: Creature with fast healing, immunity to disease, or regeneration.
    Surge Prerequisite: Be in dying condition, fail a save against disease, or similar.
    • Benefit: You gain a +4 alchemic bonus on saves against disease and poison.
    • Lesser: You gain an alchemic bonus on saves against death effects, disease and poison equal to your class level (minimum +4).
    • Intermediate: You gain immunity to non-magical disease and poison.
    • Greater: In instances where you would normally have to make a save or be afflicted with a disease if not for immunities, you instead heal 1 point of ability damage.
    • Superior: You gain immunity to death effects, disease and poison.
    • Epic: You gain immunity to the unconscious condition.

Shield
    Unlock Prerequisite: Creature with natural armour
    Surge Prerequisite: An attack roll would beat your armour class, attacked while not wearing armour, or similar.
    • Benefit: As a free action, you can turn one or more of your free hands into a light steel shield, except that it doesn't count as metal for the purposes of spells or effects. These shields can be dismissed as free actions, and they stack with each other (though not with any other type of shield).
    • Lesser: You can turn one or more of your free hands into shields as above, as immediate actions. In addition, you gain the benefits of Deflect Arrows while at least one of your arms is a shield. For these purposes, your arm shields count as being free hands.
    • Intermediate: This adaption creates heavy shields instead of light shields, though it otherwise functions as a above. In addition, they can be enchanted as if they were masterwork in quality.
    • Greater: When using the deflect arrows feat through this adaption, you can deflect a number of projectiles each round equal to your dexterity bonus (minimum 1). In addition, deflect arrows now functions on unusually massive ranged weapons (such as boulders or ballista bolts) and ranged attacks generated by natural attacks.
    • Superior: The shield bonus of shields you create with this adaption increase to +4, and you can spend a standard action while to grant yourself Total Cover until the beginning of your next turn.

Speedster
    Unlock Prerequisite: Creature with a base land speed higher than 20 ft. +10 ft. per size category bigger than small.
    Surge Prerequisite: Taking a withdraw action.
    • Benefit: You gain a +10 ft. alchemic bonus to your movement modes.
    • Lesser: You gain a +30 ft. alchemic bonus to your movement modes when charging, running, or withdrawing.
    • Intermediate: You can travel three times your base land speed in a straight line as a standard action, this straight line does not need to be horizontal.
    • Greater: You gain a +30 ft. alchemic bonus to your movement modes, which doubles when charging, running or withdrawing.
    • Superior: Your +30 ft. alchemic bonus to movement increases to +60 ft., in addition you can use the Intermediate benefit as a swift action.
    • Epic: Your +60 ft. alchemic bonus to movement increases to +90 ft., in addition you can use the Intermediate benefit as a free action once per turn.

Skymaster
    Unlock Prerequisite: Creature with a Fly Speed
    Surge Prerequisite: Fall far enough you would take lethal damage (if not for the benefits of skymaster).
    • Benefit: Any distance fallen while adjacent to a solid vertical surface does not count for the purpose of fall damage.
    • Lesser: You gain immunity to fall damage.
    • Intermediate: ?

Fast Healing - Regrow Limbs - Damage Reduction - Regeneration
    Uncanny Dodge - Improved Uncanny Dodge - Blindsense - Blindsight
    Tighter Grip/Grappling/Disarm - Improved Grab - Constrict
    Swimming - Breath Underwater
    Camouflage - Hide in Plain Sight
    Low Light Vision - Darkvision
    Gore - Augmented Critical
    Slam x2 - Bash - Augmented Critical - Maul
    Tail - Augmented Critical - Tailsweep
    Tentacles x4 - Augmented Critical
    Energy Resistance - Slime - Immunity
    Ferocity
    Quills - Impale
    Colossal Strength - Rock Throwing - Rock Catching
    Scent
    Spell Resistance - Spell Absorption - Spell Reversal
    Spines
    Stentch
    Leaves - Solar Power 1 - Solar Power 2 - Soar Power 3

Last edited by Milo v3; 2014-08-06 at 04:01 AM.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #714

The Dungeonjammer

Spoiler
    Show
    "For the last time: it's a meticulously calibrated hand-bevelled piece of technical equipment with original Ozark imagery, guaranteed to enhance athletic performance. Not a ten-foot pole."

Image credit PReilly of deviantart.com.

Raiding dungeons is a dangerous pastime. There's the monsters, and the traps, and the evil masterminds, and the furniture that wants to eat you, and did I mention all the monsters? Only an idiot would choose to continue risking life and limb by going again and again into the depths of the earth, breaking into some cursed tomb, a dragon's vault, a giant's sky fortress, or whatever the latest horrible place to die is. Only the truly desperate or the truly stupid would lower themselves to such madness.

That is, if you're an amateur.

For a trained professional, of course, dungeons are nothing but a regular day's work. Extreme dungeoneering is the latest craze sweeping the realm, as skilled and talented challengers engage in this death-defying sport! The smartest, most cunning athletes of the land are the dungeonjammers, who break into the most secure vaults, the most treacherous dungeons, the most frightening haunts, to return with riches aplenty! Dungeonjammers are high-performance athletes who compete in the biggest and most dangerous sport of them all, hardcore treasure hunting. Using the latest gadgets and equipment afforded by gramarie, they cheat the laws of physics themselves in their pursuit of the ultimate loot. Do you have what it takes to join their ranks and win eternal glory?

Requirements: To become a dungeonjammer you must meet all of the following requirements.
    Feat: Athletic
    Gramarie: 20 Training in YGGD
    Skills: Forgery 10 ranks, Knowledge (dungeoneering) 8 ranks, Open Lock 8 ranks
    Special: Must have the inspiration and trapfinding class features
    Specialization: Must have access to courses of Yggdratecture with a tag (such as [Military] or [Thesis]).

Hit Die: d6

Class Skills: All. A dungeonjammer treats all skills as class skills. Yes, even that one.
    Training Points per Level: 5

The Dungeonjammer
    Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special Inspiration Monty Haul
    1st +0 +0 +2 +2 Extra-D trick, tools of the trade, monty haul +1 1 lb
    2nd +1 +0 +3 +3 Cunning aim, Dimensional Spheres +2 5 lb
    3rd +2 +1 +3 +3 Extra-D trick, fast movement (weird) +3 10 lb
    4th +3 +1 +4 +4 Cunning spaces +4 50 lb
    5th +3 +1 +4 +4 Adrenaline rush, extra-D trick +5 100 lb
    6th +4 +2 +5 +5 Cunning tool +6 500 lb
    7th +5 +2 +5 +5 Extra-D trick, it might work +7 1,000 lb
    8th +6 +2 +6 +6 Cunning ploy +8 5,000 lb
    9th +6 +3 +6 +6 Extra-D trick, fast movement (flickering) +9 10,000 lb
    10th +7 +3 +7 +7 The competitor +10 ]50,000 lb

All of the following are class features of the dungeonjammer.

Weapon and Armour Proficiencies: As a dungeonjammer, you gain proficiency with firearms if your setting permits them. Otherwise, you gain no additional weapon or armour proficiencies.

Extra-D Trick (Su): It's only cheating if you get caught! Dungeonjammers push the rules of reality itself to the breaking point as they pursue everlasting glory and piles of treasure. At 1st level, and every two levels thereafter, you learn a special extradimensional trick that you can deploy using your yggdratectural talent in order to break the laws of physics to get an edge. Activating an extradimensional trick is usually a swift action, and costs inspiration as noted in the entry.

• Arrow Time: This trick is activated as an immediate action, when you're targeted by a ranged attack or when a ranged attack passes through your square en route to its target. You can either gain 25% miss chance against projectiles until the start of your next turn, or you can make an opposed attack roll in an attempt to knock the projectile in the direction of your choice, including back at the launcher. If you fail the opposed attack roll, you're hit by the projectile; however, if you succeed it's as if you were relaunching the projectile, using your own attack roll (even if it's a melee attack roll) to aim it. This trick costs 1 point of inspiration. Successfully deflecting an attack allows you to attempt to continue deflecting projectiles without expending another action until the start of your next turn, or until you're hit by one of them, whichever comes first.
    • Danger Sense: This is a trick which heightens your senses when danger rears its head. You can activate this trick as an immediate action to skip back slightly in time and prepare yourself. This lets you reroll initiative if you don't like the result; more interestingly, if you are ambushed, you can activate this trick to be expecting the ambush and thus to be able to act in the surprise round. You can also activate this trick to avoid being flat-footed against an attack. This trick costs 1 point of inspiration.
    • Dimensional Skip: This simple trick moves you between worlds, and you end up up to your move speed away from where you started. It can only take you to a point to which you have line of sight. This trick costs 1 point of inspiration, but it can be activated as an immediate action for 2 points of inspiration instead.
    • Double Take: You need to be 9th level to select this trick. You activate this trick with a swift action at the start of your turn, and can take two entirely separate possible turns. This means that you start your first take, play the turn normally, and end your turn. Then everything is reset to its location at the point you used the double take, and you play through your turn for a second time. Afterwards, you can choose which take becomes the actual course of events. This trick costs 4 points of inspiration.
    • The Easy Way: You need to be 7th level to select this trick. You can activate a phase door effect as a swift action. This effect has a caster level equal to your Hit Dice, and costs 3 points of inspiration.
    • Freeze-Frame: You need to be 7th level to select this trick. This trick is activated as a swift action, and works like a one-round time stop, stopping time until the end of your current turn. Unlike a normal time stop, you can interact with creatures during this effect, and they are treated as flat-footed against you. This trick costs 3 points of inspiration.
    • Portal-Fu: Much like the Spot, you can make clever use of portals in fighting. You can activate this trick to place a portal on any flat surface within 100ft. of you. Once you have placed two matching portals, creatures and attacks can move through them as if the points in space were connected; a portal is about the size of a standard Medium-sized doorway. The portals last indefinitely until you place another portal, at which point the oldest one collapses and the newest two are linked. Placing a portal is a swift action, and costs 2 points of inspiration.
    • Wallcrawler: Gravity is really just a point of view. This trick is activated as a swift action, and until the start of your next turn you can walk up surfaces of any inclination, even upside down. You always gain the attack bonus for higher ground while this trick is activated. This trick costs 1 point of inspiration.
    • Wire-Fu: You can make weirdly improbable jumps using this trick, which don't quite seem to follow normal rules of geometry. This lets you make a single Jump check at a +30 bonus. This works like a normal Jump check, except that you can choose to take regular actions (except movement) at any point during the Jump, and even end your turn there and pick it up on a following round. Only when you want to continue moving do you complete the jump. This jump is activated as a swift action by spending 1 point of inspiration.

Inspiration (Ex): Dungeonjammers are forced to be as cunning and ruthless as possible if they're going to make it to the big time. At every level, you add 1 point of inspiration to your pool. As normal, inspiration is restored at the start of every encounter, typically when initiative is rolled.

Monty Haul (Su): What's the point of specializing in yggdratecture if you can't use it for your own benefit? You have big pockets; really big pockets. Like, extradimensional pockets. As a dungeonjammer you have your own personal extradimensional space which you and only you can reach into. You can draw things from your extradimensional space as a free action, as if you had the Quick Draw feat. At 1st level this space can only hold 1 lb of material, but this increases exponentially as you level, as shown on your class table. Volume is not a concern, and neither is sorting it; the stuff that you want just ends up at the top, much like a handy haversack. You can only store stuff that you personally can carry.

Tools of the Trade (Su): What you don't have, you can fake. By making a Forgery check as a full-round action, you can convert a number of lb of material in your extradimensional pocket space into a liquid asset known as potential. Potential isn't really anything tangible, but it can be assimilated into other stuff by drawing from other parallel realities where you collected different items. Your Forgery check must be greater than or equal to both the gold piece value of the object and the Craft check made to build it in the first place in order to disassemble it like this. Potential still takes up as much weight in your pocket space as it did when it was an object, it's just... different now.

As another full-round action, you can reassemble potential into the exact tool that you need for the job. You make a Forgery check, which is the Craft check made to create the item. The tool created cannot have a gold piece value greater than the result of your check. It materializes in your hand as if you had had it all along, of course. You can make either of these Forgery checks as a swift action by spending 1 point of inspiration. You can treat your Forgery check as the relevant Craft check made to create any object you desire through this. You gain a bonus to Forgery checks equal to half your class levels as you hone your talents at deception with this talent.

A DC 15 Appraise check reveals the foreign nature of these objects; merchants typically buy them for substantially less than their nominal price because of this. These items are primarily useful for your adventures and your competitions, not for their market value.

Cunning Aim (Ex): Precision is the name of the game. Starting at 2nd level you can spend 1 point of inspiration as a swift action to gain a bonus to attack on your next attack made in the same round equal to half your class level, and additional precision-based damage equal to +1d6 per class level. If you spend 2 points of inspiration instead, the attack also twists through the intervening space, either allowing you to make a melee attack against a creature within 30ft. of you, or eliminating all range penalties on a ranged attack.

Dimensional Spheres: Upon reaching second level, you gain access to all Tags for yggdratecture ([Military Science] and [Thesis]).

Fast Movement (Su): By stepping through space and between dimensions during your regular movement, your ground speed increases by 20ft. at 3rd level. You also automatically avoid the first attack of opportunity made against you each round because of this strange motion. At 9th level your speed increases by an additional 20ft., and you can choose to activate a blink effect whenever you want as a free action (turning it on or off).

Cunning Spaces (Ex): Extradimensional talent certainly lets you be a master of surprise; starting at 4th level, by spending 2 points of inspiration, you can prepare an YGGD principle as a swift action. This principle only lasts until the end of the current encounter.

Adrenaline Rush (Ex): You don't have time to take a breath and calm down, there's so much to do! You know who stopped to smell the roses? The guy that came in 2nd. Starting at 5th level, you can take two swift or immediate actions every round.

Cunning Tools (Su): Starting at 6th level, you can get more bang for your buck when obtaining high-performance athletic equipment out of the aether. Whenever you use your tools of the trade class feature, you can spend an extra point of inspiration to multiply your Forgery check by 100 for the purposes of determining the gold piece value that can be obtained from an alternate possible dimension. This opens up all sorts of possibilities, including such things as masterwork items, potions, wondrous items, and so on. When we talk about gold piece value, we're talking strictly about price, not cost. Note that this only changes the volume of value you can coalesce at once, not the actual value of the potential. You must still disassemble enough items to provide you with the potential for whatever you want to build.

It Might Work (Ex): The all-important words when you have no other options left and it's all come down to this. Starting at 7th level, you can make a Forgery check as a full-round action to convert potential in your pocket space into puissance. This generates a number of ebbs equal to your Forgery check, and consumes 100 times that much potential in lb. This costs 4 points of inspiration; if you spend 6 instead, you can do it as a swift action.

Cunning Ploy (Ex): At 8th level, you can prepare a cunning plan to imitate other arts of gramarie. You need to have a blueprint of a tagged principle from a discipline other than Yggdratecture. As a full-round action, you can expend 10 inspiration points to make a Forgery check to imitate the requisite skills needed to use it. The Forgery check counts as the gramarie check, but takes a -20 penalty. After this, the blueprint is ruined.

The Competitor (Ex): At 10th level, you've reached the height of your fame and the height of your glory; there's nowhere to go but down. Or perhaps... sideways? If you're willing to take the leap, you can transform yourself into potential inside of your pocket dimension, to be reassembled in an alternate universe similar, but not quite the same, as our own. Doing this allows you to introduce some change into the world based on the particular dimension you choose to enter into. This works like a reality revision that you don't need to pay any cost for. However, there's one problem with your plan: there's another you in that universe, none too happy that you've broken in. This is a carbon-copy of you, down to every item you carry and every decision you've ever made, except for the choice to jump to another dimension. Alternate versions of you that you encounter like this are driven insane by the unexpected experience of encountering themselves, and try their darnedest to kill you in order to reassert their reality.

This ability can be used once every month, or you can build an yggdratectural portal which leads people through to another dimension like this (whoever travels through can select the change introduced into it). A few caveats, though: as far as you're concerned, unless you follow them to that precise dimension, that person is dead, since they no longer exist in your reality. Second, a tremendous amount of energy is required to power this alternate universe machine, on the order of 100 ebbs per trip.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2014-07-07 at 12:42 AM.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #715
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    The Dungeonjammer

Spoiler
    Show
    "For the last time: it's a meticulously calibrated hand-bevelled piece of technical equipment with original Ozark imagery, guaranteed to enhance athletic performance. Not a ten-foot pole."

Image credit PReilly of deviantart.com.

Raiding dungeons is a dangerous pastime. There's the monsters, and the traps, and the evil masterminds, and the furniture that wants to eat you, and did I mention all the monsters? Only an idiot would choose to continue risking life and limb by going again and again into the depths of the earth, breaking into some cursed tomb, a dragon's vault, a giant's sky fortress, or whatever the latest horrible place to die is. Only the truly desperate or the truly stupid would lower themselves to such madness.

That is, if you're an amateur.

For a trained professional, of course, dungeons are nothing but a regular day's work. Extreme dungeoneering is the latest craze sweeping the realm, as skilled and talented challengers engage in this death-defying sport! The smartest, most cunning athletes of the land are the dungeonjammers, who break into the most secure vaults, the most treacherous dungeons, the most frightening haunts, to return with riches aplenty! Dungeonjammers are high-performance athletes who compete in the biggest and most dangerous sport of them all, hardcore treasure hunting. Using the latest gadgets and equipment afforded by gramarie, they cheat the laws of physics themselves in their pursuit of the ultimate loot. Do you have what it takes to join their ranks and win eternal glory?

Requirements: To become a dungeonjammer you must meet all of the following requirements.
    Feat: Athletic
    Gramarie: 20 Training in YGGD
    Skills: Forgery 10 ranks, Knowledge (dungeoneering) 8 ranks, Open Lock 8 ranks
    Special: Must have the inspiration and trapfinding class features
    Specialization: Must have access to courses of Yggdratecture with a tag (such as [Military] or [Thesis]).

Hit Die: d6

Class Skills: All. A dungeonjammer treats all skills as class skills. Yes, even that one.
    Training Points per Level: 5

The Dungeonjammer
    Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special Inspiration Monty Haul
    1st +0 +0 +2 +2 Extra-D trick, tools of the trade, monty haul +1 1 lb
    2nd +1 +0 +3 +3 Cunning aim +2 5 lb
    3rd +2 +1 +3 +3 Extra-D trick, fast movement (weird) +3 10 lb
    4th +3 +1 +4 +4 Cunning spaces +4 50 lb
    5th +3 +1 +4 +4 Adrenaline rush, extra-D trick +5 100 lb
    6th +4 +2 +5 +5 Cunning tool +6 500 lb
    7th +5 +2 +5 +5 Extra-D trick, it might work +7 1,000 lb
    8th +6 +2 +6 +6 Cunning ploy +8 5,000 lb
    9th +6 +3 +6 +6 Extra-D trick, fast movement (flickering) +9 10,000 lb
    10th +7 +3 +7 +7 The competitor +10 ]50,000 lb

All of the following are class features of the dungeonjammer.

Weapon and Armour Proficiencies: As a dungeonjammer, you gain proficiency with firearms if your setting permits them. Otherwise, you gain no additional weapon or armour proficiencies.

Extra-D Trick (Su): It's only cheating if you get caught! Dungeonjammers push the rules of reality itself to the breaking point as they pursue everlasting glory and piles of treasure. At 1st level, and every two levels thereafter, you learn a special extradimensional trick that you can deploy using your yggdratectural talent in order to break the laws of physics to get an edge. Activating an extradimensional trick is usually a swift action, and costs inspiration as noted in the entry.

• Arrow Time: This trick is activated as an immediate action, when you're targeted by a ranged attack or when a ranged attack passes through your square en route to its target. You can either gain 25% miss chance against projectiles until the start of your next turn, or you can make an opposed attack roll in an attempt to knock the projectile in the direction of your choice, including back at the launcher. If you fail the opposed attack roll, you're hit by the projectile; however, if you succeed it's as if you were relaunching the projectile, using your own attack roll (even if it's a melee attack roll) to aim it. This trick costs 1 point of inspiration. Successfully deflecting an attack allows you to attempt to continue deflecting projectiles without expending another action until the start of your next turn, or until you're hit by one of them, whichever comes first.
    • Danger Sense: This is a trick which heightens your senses when danger rears its head. You can activate this trick as an immediate action to skip back slightly in time and prepare yourself. This lets you reroll initiative if you don't like the result; more interestingly, if you are ambushed, you can activate this trick to be expecting the ambush and thus to be able to act in the surprise round. You can also activate this trick to avoid being flat-footed against an attack. This trick costs 1 point of inspiration.
    • Dimensional Skip: This simple trick moves you between worlds, and you end up up to your move speed away from where you started. It can only take you to a point to which you have line of sight. This trick costs 1 point of inspiration, but it can be activated as an immediate action for 2 points of inspiration instead.
    • Double Take: You need to be 9th level to select this trick. You activate this trick with a swift action at the start of your turn, and can take two entirely separate possible turns. This means that you start your first take, play the turn normally, and end your turn. Then everything is reset to its location at the point you used the double take, and you play through your turn for a second time. Afterwards, you can choose which take becomes the actual course of events. This trick costs 4 points of inspiration.
    • The Easy Way: You need to be 7th level to select this trick. You can activate a phase door effect as a swift action. This effect has a caster level equal to your Hit Dice, and costs 3 points of inspiration.
    • Freeze-Frame: You need to be 7th level to select this trick. This trick is activated as a swift action, and works like a one-round time stop, stopping time until the end of your current turn. Unlike a normal time stop, you can interact with creatures during this effect, and they are treated as flat-footed against you. This trick costs 3 points of inspiration.
    • Portal-Fu: Much like the Spot, you can make clever use of portals in fighting. You can activate this trick to place a portal on any flat surface within 100ft. of you. Once you have placed two matching portals, creatures and attacks can move through them as if the points in space were connected; a portal is about the size of a standard Medium-sized doorway. The portals last indefinitely until you place another portal, at which point the oldest one collapses and the newest two are linked. Placing a portal is a swift action, and costs 2 points of inspiration.
    • Wallcrawler: Gravity is really just a point of view. This trick is activated as a swift action, and until the start of your next turn you can walk up surfaces of any inclination, even upside down. You always gain the attack bonus for higher ground while this trick is activated. This trick costs 1 point of inspiration.
    • Wire-Fu: You can make weirdly improbable jumps using this trick, which don't quite seem to follow normal rules of geometry. This lets you make a single Jump check at a +30 bonus. This works like a normal Jump check, except that you can choose to take regular actions (except movement) at any point during the Jump, and even end your turn there and pick it up on a following round. Only when you want to continue moving do you complete the jump. This jump is activated as a swift action by spending 1 point of inspiration.

Inspiration (Ex): Dungeonjammers are forced to be as cunning and ruthless as possible if they're going to make it to the big time. At every level, you add 1 point of inspiration to your pool. As normal, inspiration is restored at the start of every encounter, typically when initiative is rolled.

Monty Haul (Su): What's the point of specializing in yggdratecture if you can't use it for your own benefit? You have big pockets; really big pockets. Like, extradimensional pockets. As a dungeonjammer you have your own personal extradimensional space which you and only you can reach into. You can draw things from your extradimensional space as a free action, as if you had the Quick Draw feat. At 1st level this space can only hold 1 lb of material, but this increases exponentially as you level, as shown on your class table. Volume is not a concern, and neither is sorting it; the stuff that you want just ends up at the top, much like a handy haversack. You can only store stuff that you personally can carry.

Tools of the Trade (Su): What you don't have, you can fake. By making a Forgery check as a full-round action, you can convert a number of lb of material in your extradimensional pocket space into a liquid asset known as potential. Potential isn't really anything tangible, but it can be assimilated into other stuff by drawing from other parallel realities where you collected different items. Your Forgery check must be greater than or equal to both the gold piece value of the object and the Craft check made to build it in the first place in order to disassemble it like this. Potential still takes up as much weight in your pocket space as it did when it was an object, it's just... different now.

As another full-round action, you can reassemble potential into the exact tool that you need for the job. You make a Forgery check, which is the Craft check made to create the item. The tool created cannot have a gold piece value greater than the result of your check. It materializes in your hand as if you had had it all along, of course. You can make either of these Forgery checks as a swift action by spending 1 point of inspiration. You can treat your Forgery check as the relevant Craft check made to create any object you desire through this. You gain a bonus to Forgery checks equal to half your class levels as you hone your talents at deception with this talent.

A DC 15 Appraise check reveals the foreign nature of these objects; merchants typically buy them for substantially less than their nominal price because of this. These items are primarily useful for your adventures and your competitions, not for their market value.

Cunning Aim (Ex): Precision is the name of the game. Starting at 2nd level you can spend 1 point of inspiration as a swift action to gain a bonus to attack on your next attack made in the same round equal to half your class level, and additional precision-based damage equal to +1d6 per class level. If you spend 2 points of inspiration instead, the attack also twists through the intervening space, either allowing you to make a melee attack against a creature within 30ft. of you, or eliminating all range penalties on a ranged attack.

Fast Movement (Su): By stepping through space and between dimensions during your regular movement, your ground speed increases by 20ft. at 3rd level. You also automatically avoid the first attack of opportunity made against you each round because of this strange motion. At 9th level your speed increases by an additional 20ft., and you can choose to activate a blink effect whenever you want as a free action (turning it on or off).

Cunning Spaces (Ex): Extradimensional talent certainly lets you be a master of surprise; starting at 4th level, by spending 2 points of inspiration, you can prepare an YGGD principle as a swift action. This principle only lasts until the end of the current encounter.

Adrenaline Rush (Ex): You don't have time to take a breath and calm down, there's so much to do! You know who stopped to smell the roses? The guy that came in 2nd. Starting at 5th level, you can take two swift or immediate actions every round.

Cunning Tools (Su): Starting at 6th level, you can get more bang for your buck when obtaining high-performance athletic equipment out of the aether. Whenever you use your tools of the trade class feature, you can spend an extra point of inspiration to multiply your Forgery check by 100 for the purposes of determining the gold piece value that can be obtained from an alternate possible dimension. This opens up all sorts of possibilities, including such things as masterwork items, potions, wondrous items, and so on. When we talk about gold piece value, we're talking strictly about price, not cost. Note that this only changes the volume of value you can coalesce at once, not the actual value of the potential. You must still disassemble enough items to provide you with the potential for whatever you want to build.

It Might Work (Ex): The all-important words when you have no other options left and it's all come down to this. Starting at 7th level, you can make a Forgery check as a full-round action to convert potential in your pocket space into puissance. This generates a number of ebbs equal to your Forgery check, and consumes 100 times that much potential in lb. This costs 4 points of inspiration; if you spend 6 instead, you can do it as a swift action.

Cunning Ploy (Ex): At 8th level, you can prepare a cunning plan to imitate other arts of gramarie. You need to have a blueprint of a tagged principle from a discipline other than Yggdratecture. As a full-round action, you can expend 10 inspiration points to make a Forgery check to imitate the requisite skills needed to use it. The Forgery check counts as the gramarie check, but takes a -20 penalty. After this, the blueprint is ruined.

The Competitor (Ex): At 10th level, you've reached the height of your fame and the height of your glory; there's nowhere to go but down. Or perhaps... sideways? If you're willing to take the leap, you can transform yourself into potential inside of your pocket dimension, to be reassembled in an alternate universe similar, but not quite the same, as our own. Doing this allows you to introduce some change into the world based on the particular dimension you choose to enter into. This works like a reality revision that you don't need to pay any cost for. However, there's one problem with your plan: there's another you in that universe, none too happy that you've broken in. This is a carbon-copy of you, down to every item you carry and every decision you've ever made, except for the choice to jump to another dimension. Alternate versions of you that you encounter like this are driven insane by the unexpected experience of encountering themselves, and try their darnedest to kill you in order to reassert their reality.

This ability can be used once every month, or you can build an yggdratectural portal which leads people through to another dimension like this (whoever travels through can select the change introduced into it). A few caveats, though: as far as you're concerned, unless you follow them to that precise dimension, that person is dead, since they no longer exist in your reality. Second, a tremendous amount of energy is required to power this alternate universe machine, on the order of 100 ebbs per trip.
    This isn't really a particular response to this one but I think a way to give PrC's a specialist edge at a cost to make base classes have a decent affect advantage to them would be as follows.
    Upon taking this class the maximum amount of training points in x discipline may be increased by one point per level of class taken. Additionally they may take any principles that have another tag on them. However for every class level taken they must decrease the maximum of two other disciplines by one. If this maximum would come below what is already trained then they may reinvest them.
    Last edited by Amnoriath; 2014-07-06 at 09:38 PM.

26. - Top - End - #716

Quote Originally Posted by Amnoriath View Post
    This isn't really a particular response to this one but I think a way to give PrC's a specialist edge at a cost to make base classes have a decent affect advantage to them would be as follows.
    Upon taking this class the maximum amount of training points in x discipline may be increased by one point per level of class taken. Additionally they may take any principles that have another tag on them. However for every class level taken they must decrease the maximum of two other disciplines by one. If this maximum would come below what is already trained then they may reinvest them.
    Akay, I've made it so they have access to the other tags, though I'm not comfortable toying with the training maximums since those numbers definitely aren't my... specialty.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #717

Gramaric Dragons
    These are the dragons that are considered gods in the Fractured Horizon setting. Each of these bloodlines is a different faction in the grand game that they play. These dragons have gramaric power rather than arcane, each possessing immense abilities in two disciplines of science. The only discipline of gramarie that lacks a bloodline is biollurgy, since each bloodline must have representatives of that field so they assimilation can occur and so their supply of pieces can remain high.

Cordis Dragon
    Type: Dragon (Fire, Gramarie)
    Environment: Warm Underground
    Organization: *
    Challenge Rating: *
    Treasure:Triple standard
    Alignment: Any Alignment
    Advancement: *
    Level Adjustment: *

Looking like immense turtles, with a body of rusty scales and a carapace of jagged obsidian, the cordis take domain over the molten cores of planets. The Cordis bloodline are also known as the Slavers as they entrap elementals within their obsidian carapace, with the energy from these victims directed through the dragon's body through their magma-tube veins. With the cordis's ability to create and direct puissance, they are generalists who work together in groups guided by heuristic mental networks.

By Age
    Age Size Hit Dice (HP) Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha Base Attack/Grapple Attack Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon (DC) Frightful Presence DC
    Wyrmling Medium 8d12+16 (68) 15 10 15 13 9 9
    Very Young Large 11d12+22 (93) 17 10 15 15 11 11
    Young Large 14d12+42 (133) 19 10 17 15 11 11
    Juvenile Huge 17d12+68 (178) 23 10 19 17 13 13
    Young Adult Huge 20d12+100 (230) 27 10 21 17 13 13
    Adult Gargantuan 23d12+115 (264) 29 10 21 21 15 15
    Mature Adult Gargantuan 26d12+156 (325) 31 10 23 21 17 17
    Old Gargantuan 29d12+174 (362) 33 10 23 23 19 19
    Very Old Gargantuan 32d12+224 (432) 35 10 25 25 21 21
    Ancient Colossal 35d12+280 (507) 37 10 27 27 23 23
    Wyrm Colossal 38d12+304 (551) 39 10 27 27 23 23
    Great Wyrm Colossal 41d12+369 (635) 41 10 29 29 25 25

Imāgō Dragon
    Type: Dragon (Gramarie)
    Environment: Any

Imāgō dragons appear as large axolotls with flesh more fluid than solid, eternally dancing between shades of gray. The Imāgō bloodline are also known as the Lucid as they cover everything in so much glamour that outsiders have effectively no comprehension on what is reality. Possessing amazing mobility and the talent for lying to the senses, the Imāgō are masters of ambush and guerrilla tactics.

Iridis Dragon
    Type: Dragon (Gramarie, Water)
    Environment: Any

Iridis dragons appear as great serpents made from a near infinite number of two-dimensional panes of colour, each a slightly different shade even if some species eyes cannot tell the difference between them. The Iridis bloodline are also known as the Architects as they place filters and warp the terrain to turn their homes (which often are more than one planet) into works of art. Being able to alter weather and terrain, and form filters as powerful shields, the Iridis have basically perfected military defense.

By Age

Membrāna Dragon
    Type: Dragon (Air, Gramarie)
    Environment: Any vacuum

Membrāna dragons appear as horned lizards with two exceptions, they are much larger because of their ability to increase their dimensions in relation to the plane of existence, and they have a large and long horn jutting out of their brow. The Membrāna bloodline are also known as the Librarians as they record nearly everything they discover and hide libraries throughout the void in immense semi-spaces. Being able to bend space and observe the possibility that are/has/will happen, they are ridiculously skilled in reconnaissance.

By Age

Planeta Dragon
    Type: Dragon (Earth, Gramarie)
    Environment: Any Mountain

Planeta dragons appear as bloated frogs of many tarnished metals, constantly oozing with an acidic substance. The Planeta bloodline are also known as the Merchants as they produce the largest amount of high quality materials and puissance. Able to make objects made of even paper as strong as steel and make energy from nearly any source, the planeta are expert weapon designers.

By Age
    Age Hit Dice (HP) Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha Base Attack/Grapple Attack Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon (DC) Frightful Presence DC
    Wyrmling Medium
    Very Young Large
    Young Large
    Juvenile Huge
    Young Adult Huge
    Adult Gargantuan
    Mature Adult Gargantuan
    Old Gargantuan
    Very Old Gargantuan
    Ancient Colossal
    Wyrm Colossal
    Great Wyrm Colossal
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2014-07-08 at 10:39 PM.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #718
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    Gramaric Dragons
    oh man i'm so excited
    (member in good standing of the troll-feeder's guild)

I am the assassin of productivity.

Super boss Muscle Wizard avvie by Ceika.

gitp extended sig
    minmaxboards extended sig (more stuff)

29. - Top - End - #719

RedSorcererGirl

Just making it known that I haven't forgotten about Acoustimantics. tried redesigning to include vibration in general(as a result I'm changing the name in the next draft to oscillomantics though I still hate that name, I just hate it less than vibratomantics and acoustimantics for that matter...), but i'm still running into a few hurdles. So the effects of principles will likely end up including changing vibrations of non-mechanical waves. This will probably include altering vibrations in magical energy.

It will likely include interactions with magic like the ability to make spells into a wave. (For instance a fireball wave might be permanent rather than instantaneous and, assuming a 10d6 fireball, might start at 10d6 and decrease by 1d6 each round and after 0 start inflicting cold damage.) Maybe requiring an input of ebbs smaller than that of one required for generating the effect with a transformer. Sort of mirroring the DC vs AC thing in RL electrical engineering's history. Although maybe it should be a device that adds the frequency to avoid stepping on arcanodynamics' toes...

This will probably have an effect on the way disciplines from other principles work as well... Maybe... I don't know if that's a good idea or not. The first idea was having kaleidomantic filters periodically switch what they exclude and what they're vulnerable to. But I don't know if someone like that would be broken or not... Probably.

It might be overcomplicated, but different waveform options could be interesting, (sinusoidal, sawtooth, etc.) The trick is writing rules that can easily describe how they work, I think. Heh.

I'm including the harmonic connection idea that qazzquimpy mostly came up with. Still including the sound stuff so far. And there's no way the Tesla Tower theory isn't making it to the end result in some form.

And I'll probably go ahead and try and make it for the new version, now that I've seen a couple of translated principle. Though the very next draft likely won't be.

I'll post the next draft when I get it finished regardless. I still need to figure out how it's all going to work in the end. I'm still open to any suggestions anyone has on writing the mechanics, other principles, etc.

30. - Top - End - #720

Quote Originally Posted by Corwin Icewolf View Post
    Snip
    It'll be interesting to see how oscillomantics ends up and how it will interact with the other aspects of gramarie.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2014-07-20 at 02:35 AM.
    Show