New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Tooth and Tentacle Remix [3.P] [PEACH]

Quote Originally Posted by Serania View Post
    I think it just outright requires a fiat ruling that you can't use it on creatures that don't meet some standard. Small size, or modest intelligence or something. Maybe make it so that if an un-changed bite attack would kill something then eating it's Constitution slays it outright even if you only take one point.

The GM in the game I'm in allowed it either way, but I decided I simply wouldn't ever do the thing with the rats because it's so undignified. I don't care how optimal it is, no powerfully ancient and mysterious being should sustain itself off a 'sack full of rats.'

The thing with increasing the prices of food like that is that it's totally ridiculous on the face of it. And you then have to explain why everyone else who wants food has to pay exorbitant prices and how the economy doesn't utterly collapse. Or else explain why the Ozodrin alone has to pay prices three orders of magnitude too high for food.

Maybe you can't gain more hit points in a single day from eating a creature's Con score than its entire hit point total or else it dies. A normal nonmagical rat would have like... one. If you grew fish or something in a 'spawning pool' stomach, you'd probably need to eat a bunch of them with the Swarm template applied to get even one point of Con.
    The price adjustment could be just because you're eating that much food - you're causing scarcity anywhere you stay for more than a few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Which makes a lot sense (For what "sense" is worth in relation to "I have to feed the sentients I have imprisoned in the fleshy chambers of endless horror that is my stomach").

It's not a significant decrease or even debuff, and given how the game works in general you can easily break it. I'm sure there's some item somewhere that generates enough broth to feed people, but whatever I don't want to deal with "magic item X".

Captured prey regenerates constitution so long as you maintain their nutrient input, which is one pound of fluids and one pound of a decent meal per day for a medium creature. Half that for smalls. If not, they begin starving, taking non-lethal damage until they take lethal damage and die. As a GM I would rule that you don't regenerate constitution damage while starving, but that's up to individuals I guess.

Let's go with 32 gnomes - that's 16 pounds of fluids / 16 pounds of broth a day, for a neat little 32 pounds of "meal upkeep" + plus whatever you consume as an endless fount of monstrous terror upon the whole. Probably just gnomes. In a week of adventuring that comes out to 224 pounds.

If nothing else, it'll raise the meal prices of the local area and certainly make tracking you down easier. A decanter of Endless Water ( 9000 gp ) takes care of the fluid requirement, so you only need to pay up 3 sp per ½ pound of "meat" ( 112*6=67,2 gp a week).

What I like about this mental picture is the skinny little spooky longhaired girl in the corner just shovelling in food and a very, very exasperated business owner desperately trying to find another couple of cows for tomorrow's meal. Add your own little charismatic bard-type trying to explain it all away as the consequence of a terrible curse of hunger and not, say, dreadful blemishes upon the natural world feeding upon the bones of the world.

"How does she do it?"
    "Accident in the... dungeon, yeah. It's a terrible thing. We're trying to get it fixed"
    "Well no worries, we'll just feed her enough for it to work out. If only my assistant was around to help"
    "Is your assistant a gnome by any chance?"
    "How'd you guess?"
    "Just a hunch."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Halfling in the Playground

I still insist that it only makes any sort of 'sense' from a purely balance standpoint, and only then if you consider being able to slowly regenerate from a pool of constitution you keep in your flesh garden stomach particularly broken. Given that it requires an investment of one form point per two hit points regenerated per round and you can't do anything but make full attacks to hit them with your internal mouths it doesn't seem like a big deal at all. It's much nicer as out of combat healing to keep yourself topped off, which can be accomplished by myriad other means.

One person who is eating for ~17 people (32 smalls and a medium Ozodrin) will not somehow raise the prices of food significantly in any but the absolute smallest villages. A small hamlet with only 200 people still naturally consumes ten times as much food on a daily basis. If you go to a town with a few thousand people, the rate at which the Ozodrin ingests food would be nothing more than a curiosity unless they were eating several hundred times what's normal, in which case they'd still be paying the people there plenty of money at whatever markup they think is appropriate and they could just send someone out to buy more food from a neighboring community. It's not like they sell food to customers at cost, you know? And if the town as a whole was in significant danger of going hungry if food kept being eaten, they'd just stop selling it to the innkeeper when the government imposed rationing.

Mind, rumors about a skinny girl who eats twelve steaks and eight gallons of water in one sitting will probably spread fairly quickly, but it's no more of a hardship on the place you're staying than if Bilbo Baggins showed up with his twelve dwarves and a wizard. Less, even. Unless food was already scarce to the point of price increases in the area you're going, you're not going to be eating enough to raise the prices more.

Although randomly, this does give me the idea that a sufficiently pissed Ozodrin could get revenge on a smaller township by devouring the entire grain silo or all the livestock given enough time to digest and free up room.

Oh, and on the topic of magic items, there are several yes. The Decanter works for fluids obviously, it can output more than you need for a day in one round. There's... like half a dozen or more answers to 'how do I get enough food for a whole bunch of people.' Even discounting bigger items that produce whole feasts every day, Everlasting Rations cost 350 GP and produce a pound each every day. 7000 gold on top of the 9000 for the Decanter would get you 20 pounds of food every day, which is more than enough.

4. - Top - End - #64

Ozodrin 2.2 [Hotfix2]

Serania:

"Is a creature kept swallowed in a stomach which is not a chamber (i.e., form fitting) considered pinned at all times unless they escape?"

• No, it uses Swallow Whole special attack as it's ruling with a few exceptions.

"Is there any particular reason why a relatively human-shaped Ozodrin couldn't just walk around in their true form all the time and pass themselves off as a creepy human?"

• As written you could, but it depends on what you wanted to do with that. Most people like to visually flavor their ozodrin's true form as it works well with Manifest (Ex).

"Do Ozodrin need multiattack? ... How does that interact with iteratives..?"

• Ozodrin don't need Multiattack or Improved Multiattack but it does help immensely with making lots of attacks at once.
    • Natural Attacks do not have iteratives, they have one attack at full bonus and then they have one attack with all of their other natural weapons at their secondary bonus (normal -5), Ozodrin specifically can not make more than 1/2level + Cha attacks with natural weapons.

"The Gnomes"

• Hopefully the patch I've included this time will make everyone happy!

Mlmiii:

"it does make it slightly more inconvenient"

• I've changed it to be more suitable for that type of play, enjoy!

Fibinachi:

"What I like about this mental picture is the skinny little spooky longhaired girl in the corner just shovelling in food and a very, very exasperated business owner desperately trying to find another couple of cows for tomorrow's meal."

• That is certainly a good way to play an ozodrin in any situation, they are slightly akin to living bags of holding that can eat everything.
    • Ozodrin however consume a wild variety of things (listed in section 1.2), and while I did dabble with food being a mechanic it will never be. Instead Hitpoints and Strange Movement are the ozodrin's energy pools, this is gained through devour and eating freshly slain corpses due to their non-apparent properties the ozodrin feeds off of, and defining those properties are up to the individual players.
    • There are no strict rules for digestion or metabolism.

Uncertain Shape (Ex)

• The bonus has been changed from +[Acrobatics = 1/2 Level] and +[Disguise = Cha] to +[Acrobatics, Climb, Disguise and Perform = 1/2 Level]
    • The ability to disguise your identity has been completely redone with added flavor (at the cost of some wordiness).
    • Instead of "magical discernment" you instead fool divinitation and clairsentience effects.

Rapid Form (Ex)

• Rapid Form requires only a move action instead of a standard action, this allows for highly improved usage.

Natural Attacks Sidebar

• Added full article on how multiple attacks work with natural weapons.

Mask Feat

• The Mask Feat no longer has a penalty attached to it.

Stomach Feature

• Changed life support system as follows:
    • Creatures inside secondary stomachs cannot regain penalties or damage to their ability scores unless the ozodrin allows them to.
    • Each 5' square, to a maximum of one square per ozodrin level may sustain one helpless creature, providing food, treating the creature as comfortably resting and automatically stablizes it below 0 hitpoints.

Living Altar

Spoiler: New Feat - Living Altar
    Show
    Living Altar - [ Aberrant ]
    Requires: Ozodrin Level 1, Stomach Feature
    • You gain the Altar stomach augment for free, with the following changes:
    • Living Altars can be moved to another secondary stomach as a Full-Round Action.
    • When a stomach containing an altar is removed the altar remains, though until it is put back into a secondary stomach you may not Add or Remove items from it nor can you consider any item Carried.
    • The center of a living altar can see, hear and speak within a 100' radius.
    • When not threatened an ozodrin may move any clothing or armor or any Carried items to her physical body as if she was already wearing or holding them.

Medicine Maker

• Added Medicine Maker Organ Spell List in section 8.0.
    • Medicine Maker Feat and Sarcophagus augment ready to test.

Spoiler: New Feat - Medicine Maker
    Show
    Medicine Maker - [ Aberrant ]
    Requires: Strange Anatomy (Ex)
    • You gain access to the Medicine Maker list of organ spells.
    • At fifth level and every four levels after your Strange Movement distance per day increases by 10'.
    • You gain Heal, Knowledge [Nature] and Profession [Doctor] as class skills and you are considered to have ranks in each of them equal to the skill with the most ranks.
    • You may perform heal checks on yourself as if you were another creature performing them on you, you may do this while otherwise unable to do so and you are not immune to your own heal checks.

Spoiler: New Augment - Sarcophagus
    Show
    Sarcophagus
    • One of your secondary stomachs holds a Sarcophagus, which fills a 5' square.
    • All creatures within a secondary stomach that has at least one sarcophagus are effected as if you were applying a heal check to them, this may include such things as torture. If you wish to use a healer's kit to effect a patient you must be able to manipulate it in the square of the patient.
    • As a Full-Round-Action you may open or close any or all of your sarcophagi, each sarcophagus may hold one creature each.
    • A creature enclosed in a sarcophagus for at least an hour is effected by a nonmagical Mythic Breath of Life effect. Creatures who have been dead for up to 10 minutes before being enclosed in the sarcophagus may be revived in this way and are inflicted with a random madness, after recovering from this madness the patient's alignment takes one step towards Chaotic Evil to reflect the long term psychological damage.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Thanks to all the solid feedback on and off forums, love the creativity

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

I want to start off by saying that I am a big fan of this class (both versions) and I'm really impressed with what you have done. In fact, I just got the go-ahead to play one in an upcoming game. To that end here is a partial PEACH/request for clarification. Not sure how my tone is for some of my comments, just be aware that I love what you're doing and I think I'm being helpful.

Features (Ex) 1
    - "You may add a number of features equal to 1 + 1/4 Total FP each round." - Do you mean each round or each action? Each action spent seems to make more sense.
    - "Removing Features/Augments can be done an unlimited amount of times whenever you would be able to use a Standard, Move or Swift physical action." - Does it actually require one of those actions to be spent?

Primary Stomach (Ex) 2
    - "The stomach is never significantly larger than its contents; it shrinks to minimize empty space." - This would be a good place to say that the Ozodrin gets a free grapple check against creatures in the stomach. This is implied under the Chamber augment where is says, "The augmented stomach loses it's ability to maintain a grapple with a creature in it's stomach and may only make a single grapple attempt against creatures who attempt to exit, if this attempt fails the creature may climb out", but is never actually spelled out yet needs to be.
    - "An ozodrin's stomach functions as an extra-dimensional space. Any or all of an ozodrin's mouths can be considered an opening." - Specify how item retrieval will work as this will be important. I suggest a variant of the Bag of Holding mechanics, something like "Retrieving a specific item from a stomach is a full-round action, unless the stomach has at least one Limb or Tentacle feature active within it, in which case retrieving a specific item is a move action."
    - "Any object holding a semiplane or extradimensional space put into the ozodrin's stomach takes on the physics of a secondary stomach, but it may not be augmented. This object can be removed as a full round action." - Explain. All of this. I'm not sure what your intent here is and it has some disturbing implications. Does a Bag of Holding IV with a volume of 250 cubic ft. shrink to the 10 cubic ft. volume of an unaugmented secondary stomach, causing possible astral rupture? If the volume is to stay the same, is this just a convenient way to access Bags of Holding (and such) with Mouth features? I would suggest removing the line about removing the object and just let that fall under my previous point. As is it sounds like you can strip a magical backpack (and nothing else) off of an opponent without even a grapple check.

Rapid Form (Ex) 14
    - RAW it seems that you are actually increasing the FP of the Ozodrin by up to 50% so long as those FP are chosen from a set number of predetermined options. I'm not sure if that was the intention, but if it was... I'm good with that. FP starvation seems to be a bit of an issue and this would be an interesting solution to it. In fact, earlier access to this feature might be an idea. Perhaps providing it at level 10 or 11 without the Int bonus (allowing for 2 configurations) while adding the Int bonus (min. +1) at a later level might be an idea.

Eye (Feature)
    - Precise (Augment) - restricting Weapon Finesse to manufactured weapons seems somewhat senseless. Spending FP for a feat that cannot be used as a pre-requisite seems like a fair trade to me. Remove the restriction and it will be fine.

Mouth (Feature)
    - This feature needs a range option, even a slight one. The need to grapple before chewing on someone breaks so many form ideas it is not even funny. I understand the intended synergy with Budding Body, but that class feature is a long way away. Even an augment available once/feature (Extended Maw?) allowing attacking out to the creatures normal reach would bring it up to par with every-single-other bite attack that exists in the game.

Tentacle (Feature)
    - I would suggest removing the entire section under 'Special' about moving the tip of the tentacle. By default, a tentacle (or any limb/attack) can be anywhere within its reach. There is no reason to provoke AoO's with AC penalties for no reason. This has no precedent in the game and there is no mechanical reason for it being here. If this is an attempt to deal with situations where the Ozodrin tries sending a tentacle into the next room for the shennanigans, then make a note that this only applies when the tentacle is sent into an area that is beyond line of sight/effect of the main body. Perhaps with a note that targets in such situations have Total Concealment unless there is an Eye feature in the area (see the Blunt and Budding features, as well as the Budding body feature).
    - Serrated (Augment) - I assume you meant Slashing damage.
    - Blunt (Augment) - please remove references to feature size as this seems to be a hold-over from the old Ozodrin. This would result in a Tiny sized mouth (something you have no option for in the Mouth feature) for a Medium sized Ozodrin, and you have already established that a Small sized mouth loses the bite attack. Leave the size/damage as per normal. The extra FP cost to essentially change the damage type of a single natural attack is price enough for the additional options of having a bite at reach. No need for any further penalties.
    - Traveling (Augment) - might I suggest that you specify that the Move action only provokes in the squares on either end of the tentacle. Seems more reasonable.

Limb (Feature)
    - I was going to grouch about the extremely high cost of the Limbs feature (3 FP per True Limb) but I just noticed that you now get 2 limbs for the purchase of the feature. I like this. This is good. It adds something unique to the feature. The other augments just need to be adjusted to compensate. I would also suggest that you change 'Once/Limb' references to 'Once/Feature' to avoid confusion. If 'Once/Limb' was a deliberate choice I would urge you to reconsider as that pushes the FP cost into crazytown once again (5 FP for 2 True Limbs).
    - Minor (Augment) - I think that the main Limbs (Minor and True) need to be balanced around Multiweapon Fighting as this is where most of the abuse can be found. To that end I suggest that you limit Minor Limbs to only using Light weapons, and say that only a single Minor Limb feature can attack with manufactured weapons in a round due to being underdeveloped and lacking co-ordination.
    - True (Augment) - "Use two-handed weapons" should be changed to 'Can use all manufactured weapons as per normal for the Ozodrins size' or something like that. As is, it sounds like you might be able to wield a 2-handed weapon one-handed.
    - "Use up to four hands to control a single two-handed weapon" - All of my wat. Why? What is the point? Either remove this completely or explain it fully. I would suggest removal. Try replacing with something saying that True Limbs may be used without restriction in Multiweapon Fighting (unlike Minor Limbs as per my suggestion above).
    - "Gain one Medium Slam Attack [1D4 Bludgeoning Damage]" - I suggest changing this to 'Gain one Medium Slam Attack [1D4 Bludgeoning Damage] per effective limb of this feature (normally 2)'. True Limbs should be able to slam, no need for FP bloat.
    - Strike (Augment) - "Gain an additional slam attack", should be changed to, 'Gains another effective limb', and leave the slam attack to be dependent completely on True Limb.
    - Claw (Augment) - "Your limb grows a...", should be changed to 'The limbs of this feature grow a...'
    - Powerful (Augment) - you might want to change this to 'Once/Feature' but note that it stacks with the Large augment. Same effect without looking silly.
    - Armory (Augment) - I would advise to amend to include all of the desired limbs of the feature.

Organ (Feature)
    - Iron Flesh (Augment) - just change "or improve your damage reduction by...", to, 'or improve your existing damage reduction by...", so that it is useful with whatever you happen to have.
    - Engorge (Augment) - I think you should add a line specifying how damage will be handled. Will natural attacks damage dice be modified as per normal for expansion and then get +2/Large augment? You have set a precedent for how size changes affect this classes natural attacks. You need to say whether this is universal or just applies to the augments.
    - Compress (Augment) - See Engorge above.
    - Channeling (Augment) - I would note that the Gaze and/or Spit attacks should count against the max # of natural attacks that the Ozodrin can make.
    - Harming (Augment) - This is both interesting and problematic. The damage increase is both needed as well as in line with the other features. The ability damage however... grrr. Putting the per round damage cap seems arbitraty and punitive. Either double the cost (so it would be available for 2 FP 1/8 levels) or give the ability damage a save [DC= 10+(Ozodrin levels/2)+Cha bonus as per normal, Fort. or Will. as you like] and let the chips fall where they may.
    - Conversion (Augment) - This needs some love. Exotic damage types are good. A two-step change from the best exotic damage type (untyped damage) with no additional mechanical benefit is not. There don't have to be big mechanical benefits, but there has to be something. Possible ideas...
    - Hellfire - as per Fiendish Codex II Hellfire damage is functionally untyped damage. How about just providing a little more of it? Say double the base damage dice of the attack? This would give you Gaze and Spit attacks that do 2d4+Cha and Pseudopod attacks that do 2d6+cha. Enough to be tempting, not enough to threaten balance.
    - Positive - Giving a positive energy attack that cannot heal is just mean. Granted, you don't want to overshadow Medicine Maker or Delicious Spawn but we need something. How about spending a swift action to hold back the overpowering force of the positive damage. For the rest of the round your positive energy attacks do no damage and heal a living creature for one point of damage per hit. Not overpowering, out of combat utility, and thematically appropriate.
    - Negative - Same as above just with undead. Same reasons.
    - Force - Force already has its niche uses (against ethereal opponents, etc.) so no real change is necessary.
    - Rail (Augment) - "...you may double the range or range incremenet of one of your ranged natural weapons", should be changed to, '...you may double the range or range incremenet of the ranged natural weapons of one of your features'. Useful feature but no need to bloat the FP cost.
    - Pseudopodia (Augment) - This needs to be rephrased a bit. You are essentially adding a universal augment to the other features but with the additional FP tax of the Organ feature. Just say that the damage of the affected feature now becomes 1d6+Cha and is resolved as a touch attack. This way the augments and options of those features still apply. As is currently written it seems like it just adds an additional gooey nub to a feature that has nothing to do with the feature itself. No blazing Hellfire fists, no swarm of necrotic tendrils, and no bodies covered in mind-bending spatial folds making grapplers rethink their life choices. I hope it is clear why I want this tweaked.
    - Exhaling (Augment) - I see what you're doing here but it seems a bit off. You have it essentially doing nothing and then *BAM* total concealment everywhere, with nothing in between. How about a more staged approach?
    Free Action = Smoke (or what have you) fills your square and those adjacent granting concealment to those behind 5' or more of it. Concealment from ranged attackers, melee sees you fine.
    Swift Action = Either small cloud gets denser (grants concealment, or Total concealment to those behind 5' or more of it), or spreads further (50' cloud centered on yourself granting concealment to those behind 5' or more of it).
    Move Action = With tangible effort you can maintain a large, dense cloud (50' cloud centered on yourself granting concealment, or Total concealment to those behind 5' or more of it).

Spike (Feature)
    - "This feature may be put on any other feature except spawn, allowing you to increase the normal damage of that feature by one stage", this needs to be clarified. Normally this would be increasing the die size as if the creature gained a size but you have already established that size increases on features give +2 damage, not a dice modifier. Whatever you want to have happen, you ned to spell out. Also, you need to figure out how many spikes can be lost before you need a refill. Otherwise the Swift action regrow and Quickfire augment have no meaning.
    - Quickfire (Augment) - See above.
    - Plating (Augment) - The AC bonus seems to be too low for the levels available to be of any real value. I would suggest raising the FP limit to 2+1/3 levels. Starting out it is at least as good as a chain shirt and at higher levels it is closer to +5 full plate.

Fin (Feature)
    - Razor (Augment) - This is horribly weak and seems to be an utter waste of FP. How about bumping it up to 1d4 and having it apply to anyone you have attacked and anyone who has attacked you since the end of your last turn, double damage to thise who have grappled you, and this augment can only be applied to one feature at a time but does not count against your maximum natural attacks. At 1/4 levels you have a little extra damage and a nice grapple deterrent.
    - Deadly (Augment) - This seems to need something to set it appart from the other options but not overlap the perks of other features. How about if you buy the same feature two or more times you get an additional option?
    - Pincer - if purchased 2 or more times, your pincer attacks gain the Grab special ability.
    - Talon - if purchased 2 or more times, your talon attacks can rend.
    - Wing - if purchased 2 or more times, can create a hemispherical cloud as per the Hover monstrous feat without needing to be large sized.
    Perhaps provide a -1 FP discount if any of these features are applied to an existing extremity (natural limb, Limb feature, or Tentacle feature), otherwise they provide their own.
    - Eldritch (Augment) - "You may act as through on solid ground when in the air or in water", could use an additional, 'if you have an applicable movement rate'.
    - Platform (Augment) - This is new and I quite like.

Spawn (Feature)
    - You need to specify what happens to spawn when the Ozodrin takes on its guise. Do they die, disappear and then reappear when in true form, or remain active? I think it might be interesting to let them remain active but I'm not sure.
    - We also need an effective HD for these guys. Doesn't have to have any real effect on things (like with a familiar) but we need to know whether they will be affected by a Sleep spell and such. I'd say they should count as half your level for the purpose of spells, abilities, and effects.
    - They also need a CMB/CMD. I'd suggest something respectable.
    - "When using your Con/Int modifier use 1/3 of your class level instead if it's lower", I understand the intention here but the limit is pretty ridiculous. Make it 1/2 of your class level and I think you'll have it about right.
    - Slay - Does the attack roll benefit from Unearthly Power? I think it probably should but you need to say so.
    - Consume - Define 'digestible'. Only organic matter? Wood, dirt, stone, prison cell walls? I say make it interesting and let them snack on anything with a hardness of your level or less (damage bypassing said objects hardness). That could be quite fun.
    - Speed - Might want to make their speed equal to that of the Ozodrin. At least let the little guys keep up!
    - Mortal - You already have a feeding mechanic under Consume. Just say that the Consume action must be performed at least once a day to keep them alive.
    - Vicious (Augment) - This not good. As is, there is no reason to take this instead of just grabbing another Spawn. How about making this the general spawn-is-beefier augment? What about it giving +1 (or +2) to damage, +2 to base Hp (before multiplied by 1/2 level), and +2 to AC? I know that it sounds like a lot, but considering the FP investment, the inability to augment spawn with other features, and their innate fragility, I think this could work.
    - Delicious (Augment) - You have no idea how much I like this augment. That is all.
    - Elite (Augment) - Brute - Does the damage go up with the strength boost? It probably should.
    - Sly - "...an automatic stealth skill of +4/Level when not moving", should be changed to '...an automatic stealth skill of +2/Level, doubled when not moving'. If they're going to be sneaky, let them sneak.
    - Dredge - This has very good synergy with Delicious. I hope that was intended. Tis good. Also, you should mention that the four Dredge should count as a single spawn for the purposes of control limits in a 2 hour period.
    - Disguised (Augment) - "Elite spawn may appear to be a medium sized object...", should probably be changed to, "Elite Brute spawn may appear to be a medium sized object...".
    - Hive (Augment) - Don't dance around this one. Just add the Swarm Subtype for tiny creatures and specify that the damage is unchanged. Use the rules where they already exist. Makes things both easier and more interesting.
    - Shifting (Augment) - I don't think this augment has a place here. If so, what?
    - You seem to be missing an augment. You need a Strike type augment (call it Multitude?) to get additional spawn with the features' current augments. This is not only to get more bang for the FP buck, but to get some use out of the augments at all.

Stomach (Feature)
    - I like that the secondary stomachs have this cryogenic/lifesupport thing going that the primary stomach does not. Nice hook for the feature. Might I suggest that the food/corpse preservation act as per the Gentle Repose spell to give more time for a raise/resurrection. Also, might want to specify that the life support aspect supplies water and air as well, even when in the Guise (don't want everyone dying every time you try to blend in).
    - Altar (Augment) - I would add an additional option/augment that allows you to have additional 'carried' objects in the alter (+Cha bonus objects/FP?) so long as you have a limb that can use it. There just has to be a was to dual/multiweapon wield with this feature. There just has to.

Large (Augment) - Applicable to all feature that have it, CMB should be modified for size for any manuvers performed with said feature.
    Enchanted (Augment) - Great option but mind-boggling cost. If you are going to make use of this it will have to be added to multiple features and at double the enchantment bonus that is crippling. Drop the FP cost to be equal to the enchantment bonus and you may have some viable options.

Feats
    - I see you have added some new ones. I'll take a look and come back to these another day.

Magic and Psionics
    - Despite having the chart, you never actually say that organ casting costs Hp (I remember somewhere that it might also cost Strange Movement, is that still a thing?). Clarification needed. Also, 5 Hp/spell level? Might that be a little high? What about 3/spell level. Still draining if used in combat but less immediately crippling.

I apologize for the eye-bleeding wall of text but you gave me a lot to go through. Again, great work so far. I would just urge you to keep in mind that the Ozodrin now has a very limited amount of FP with minimal means to get extra. This means that every feature and augment must provide a tangible benefit, not merely be a FP sink (I'm looking at you Enchanted and Vicious). If something costs 4 FP is it worth 4 levels of advancement?

I look forward to seeing what you think.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

I have to say I am eagerly awaiting conversion of this Pathfinder Remix back to 3.5. Sadly, all I can do is wait, as my group does not want to play Pathfinder, while I wanted to enjoy new flavor of Ozodrin...
    "If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest" - Charles Barkley

7. - Top - End - #67

Default Tooth and Tentacle Remix [3.P] [PEACH] [Patch 2.3]

Ozodrin 2.3

Quarian Rex:

"I want to start off by saying that I am a big fan of this class (both versions) and I'm really impressed with what you have done. In fact, I just got the go-ahead to play one in an upcoming game. To that end here is a partial PEACH/request for clarification. Not sure how my tone is for some of my comments, just be aware that I love what you're doing and I think I'm being helpful. "

• Due to the length of your PEACH I have had to spoiler the full length response to it, I have worked with all of your suggestions and the changes will be evident in the patch notes.
    • I appreciate the feedback, I'm very receptive and any time you want to work on the class we have a small offline team slowly working on it, let me know if you're interested

Spoiler: Full (Very Lengthy) Response
    Show

Features (Ex) 1
    • Adding Features - Do you mean each round or each action? Each action spent seems to make more sense.
    • Removing Features - Does it actually require one of those actions to be spent?

• I've clarified the writing for adding features.
    • I've clarified removing features, it's a slight power increase due to some vague examples, but for the sake of clarity I felt it was important. Treat it as a Physical Free Action.

Primary Stomach (Ex) 2
    • Stomach Grapple - This would be a good place to say that the Ozodrin gets a free grapple check against creatures in the stomach.
    • Retrieving Items - Specify how item retrieval will work as this will be important.
    • Swallowing Extradimensional Objects - Explain. All of this.

• I've added that creatures inside the stomach by default have the grappled condition, though I'm not sure about the balance for this yet, but I'm fairly certain it was my RAI regardless of how it needs to be rebalanced in the next patch.
    • Added a line to retrieve objects and worked in the extradimensional space object point in with it.
    • Swallowing an extradimensional object such as a bag of holding is supposed to be like adding a secondary stomach with the properties of the extradimensional object or semispace (gramarie), essentially if you had a Bag of Holding IV it would have an opening in the stomach wall as if it were a secondary stomach, you would be able to control it as if it were, and it would have the weight and cubic volume restrictions of the bag of holding. Think of this like blowing a bubble onto another bubble and having it join the outside, if the bubble is ruptured from the inside it's contents would pour into the stomach. Essentially this is to protect the ozodrin from imploding when they swallow extradimensional objects, or perhaps tethers for semispaces.

Rapid Form (Ex) 14
    • Rapid Form RAW vs RAI - I'm not sure if that was the intention, but if it was... I'm good with that.

• No one's actually mentioned that so far, but that's probably because true RAW it grants a permanent bonus overtop of your actual FP, allowing a high int ozodrin to gain something like +400% FP which is uh, clearly not the intention.
    • The intentions (RAI) of the ability are a few things:
    • Speeding up the ability to change forms, going from 1 + 1/4FP per round to up to 1/1FP per round by using 2 quickforms.
    • Quickforms allow the ozodrin to spend the same time other players would be preparing spells and such on managing their own books, instead of having to do that round to round as a flat increase of change speed would do.
    • Wording clarified to avoid confusion

Eye (Feature)
    • Precise (Augment) - restricting Weapon Finesse to manufactured weapons seems somewhat senseless.

• This augment is a play off of Wrath from FMA Brotherhood. (Spoilers) It's meant to allow good optionality for dex fighter flavored ozodrin.
    • Removed the "(not features)" bit as it could be confused with disallowing the Armory limb augment or the Altar stomach augment.
    • Added that the Armory Limb augment benefits from Unearthly Power's bonus, even though it's a manufactured weapon.
    • It may make sense to allow weapon finesse for features, but the difference between melee somatics and dexterity is a bit blurry, I'll def. think it over.

Mouth (Feature)
    • This feature needs a range option, even a slight one.

• Done, I feel that this change is good and all the reasons to not allow it have been worked out long ago. Thanks!

Tentacle (Feature)
    • I would suggest removing the entire section under 'Special' about moving the tip of the tentacle.
    • Serrated (Augment) - I assume you meant Slashing damage.
    • Blunt (Augment) - please remove references to feature size as this seems to be a hold-over from the old Ozodrin. This would result in a Tiny sized mouth (something you have no option for in the Mouth feature) for a Medium sized Ozodrin, and you have already established that a Small sized mouth loses the bite attack. Leave the size/damage as per normal. The extra FP cost to essentially change the damage type of a single natural attack is price enough for the additional options of having a bite at reach. No need for any further penalties.
    • Traveling (Augment) - might I suggest that you specify that the Move action only provokes in the squares on either end of the tentacle. Seems more reasonable.

• Removed as suggested, thanks!
    • Slashing damage corrected!
    • Blunt Reworked!
    • Traveling Reworked!

Limb (Feature)
    • I just noticed that you now get 2 limbs for the purchase of the feature.
    • Minor (Augment) - I think that the main Limbs (Minor and True) need to be balanced around Multiweapon Fighting.
    • True (Augment) - "Use two-handed weapons" should be changed to 'Can use all manufactured weapons as per normal for the Ozodrins size' or something like that. As is, it sounds like you might be able to wield a 2-handed weapon one-handed. -- "Use up to four hands to control a single two-handed weapon"
    • "Gain one Medium Slam Attack [1D4 Bludgeoning Damage]" - I suggest changing this to 'Gain one Medium Slam Attack [1D4 Bludgeoning Damage] per effective limb of this feature (normally 2)'. True Limbs should be able to slam, no need for FP bloat.
    • Strike (Augment) - "Gain an additional slam attack", should be changed to, 'Gains another effective limb', and leave the slam attack to be dependent completely on True Limb.
    • Claw (Augment) - "Your limb grows a...", should be changed to 'The limbs of this feature grow a...'
    • Powerful (Augment) - you might want to change this to 'Once/Feature' but note that it stacks with the Large augment. Same effect without looking silly.
    • Armory (Augment) - I would advise to amend to include all of the desired limbs of the feature.

• Limb was likely reworked as you were reading it actually, 2limb/feature is from this patch
    • Multiweapon fighting is encouraged, essentially the ozodrin is balanced to multiweapon fighting, especially because they are not incredibly good at it when optimized. A gunslinger nova build will yield less optimization than a summoner, and that's probably it's best damage output build. Can you see abuses that overpower other classes?
    • True augment has been reworked and clarified to it's RAI, explicitly stating multi-limb weapons and a flat cap.
    • Changing strike augment for limb is a really good idea, thanks.
    • Claw nerfed to 1d6 and adjusted with the strike augment, this way your sea of limbs on your body can have working claws as well.
    • Armory reworked a bit, will have to clean it up a bit later but it's more in line with how I would like it to function and works with the limb remake.

Organ (Feature)
    • Iron Flesh (Augment) -- useful with whatever you happen to have --
    • Engorge/Compress (Augment) -- specifying how damage will be handled --
    • Channeling (Augment) -- max # of natural attacks that the Ozodrin can make --
    • Harming (Augment) -- This is both interesting and problematic. --
    • Conversion (Augment) -- This needs some love. --
    • Rail (Augment) -- ranged natural weapons of one of your features --
    • Pseudopodia (Augment) -- This needs to be rephrased a bit. --
    • Exhaling (Augment) -- You have it essentially doing nothing and then *BAM* total concealment everywhere, with nothing in between.

• Iron Flesh Clarified
    • Engorge and Compress clarified to not effect features and form points.
    • Harming has been reworked to prevent obliterating situations with optimization (which is could do, easily), the damage per round is to allow it to work as a debuff, not an instant incapacitation without non-feature means that create teamwork or personal synergy.
    • Conversion now spreads it's damage type like fire
    • Good suggestion for Rail, nice feeling to load an entire feature into this. Buffed it to improve a couple types of attacks, which should improve it's utility substantially.
    • Pseudopodia added some fluff, is there a mechanical reason to change the crunch?
    • Exhaling is actually to provide optionality for those who would otherwise be using an eversmoking bottle, such as within an Altar stomach augment. It's just set up in a more quality-of-life oriented way.

Spike (Feature)
    • Quickfire (Augment) -- how many spikes can be lost before you need a refill --
    • Plating (Augment) - The AC bonus seems to be too low for the levels available to be of any real value. I would suggest raising the FP limit to 2+1/3 levels. Starting out it is at least as good as a chain shirt and at higher levels it is closer to +5 full plate

• Quickfire removed, at this time I don't think spikes actually need ammunition.
    • Improved Spike Plating AC per point, but level cap raised. I think 2AC/FP was far too small, even for no downsides considering how Jiopaba has been optimizing AC, it's just FP instead of GP in this case.

Fin (Feature)
    • Razor (Augment) -- This is horribly weak.. --
    • Deadly (Augment) -- This seems to need something to set it appart --
    • --Perhaps provide a -1 FP discount if any of these features are applied to an existing extremity --
    • Eldritch (Augment) -- 'if you have an applicable movement rate' --
    • Platform (Augment) - This is new and I quite like.

• Razor remade into a crit option.
    • To maintain the flavor of Razor I've added Mobile augment.
    • Deadly augment's attacks all count under the Snatch feat, so they all are considered to have the Grab special attack.
    • Playing with existing racial form is more of the Alterable Form feat's realm.
    • Clarified Eldrich RAI to avoid movement speed replacements, but left it a bit odd..
    • Glad you like platform, becomes even better with Weight feat

Spawn (Feature)

• Spawn feature is going into the workshop next for a complete overhaul, sorry I didn't have time to address it this patch. Expect it to come out very playable and enjoyable :)

Stomach (Feature)
    • -- Might I suggest that the food/corpse preservation act as per the Gentle Repose spell to give more time for a raise/resurrection. --
    • -- life support aspect supplies water and air as well --
    • Altar (Augment) -- additional 'carried' objects in the alter --

• Made it a bit wordy, but added gentle repose per request. I think that having corpses that do not decay at all could get really disturbing really fast.
    • Added water and air to the provision list.
    • Altar is already incredibly good. This would have to be a feat per additional carried item, which I will consider.

Large (Augment)
    • Applicable to all feature that have it, CMB should be modified for size for any manuvers performed with said feature.
    • Enchanted (Augment) - Great option but mind-boggling cost. If you are going to make use of this it will have to be added to multiple features and at double the enchantment bonus that is crippling. Drop the FP cost to be equal to the enchantment bonus and you may have some viable options.

• Large isn't balanced to add CMB... would you like an augment that does that?
    • Enchanted is indeed a great option, it's even good considering it's cost... you just have to know the right enchantments for the job.

Magic and Psionics
    • -- you never actually say that organ casting costs Hp
    • -- 5 Hp/spell level? Might that be a little high? What about 3/spell level. --

• Put in cost and strange movement substitution.
    • Added a cost line for strange movement and hitpoints in regards to magic and psionics.

"I apologize for the eye-bleeding wall of text but you gave me a lot to go through. Again, great work so far. I would just urge you to keep in mind that the Ozodrin now has a very limited amount of FP with minimal means to get extra. This means that every feature and augment must provide a tangible benefit, not merely be a FP sink-- "

• Sorry for my late response, you gave me a lot to go through as well
    • I agree, its pretty tricky balancing it all out but the end effect is pretty nice I think. Coming along

Yasahiro:

"I have to say I am eagerly awaiting conversion of this Pathfinder Remix back to 3.5. Sadly, all I can do is wait, as my group does not want to play Pathfinder, while I wanted to enjoy new flavor of Ozodrin... "

Important Changes

Puppet Feature Remake (Model II)

Spoiler: Puppet Feature Remake (Model II)
    Show

Puppets did not have effective functionality of being a decoy or a safe extension of the ozodrin's body.

• The puppet feature has been remodeled to have somewhat similar mechanics to a Summoner's eidolon, it acts as a decoy but may be maintained as a body part, this is a choice for the player.

Rationale
    Puppets are designed to be decoys, a part of the ozodrin's body that acts like a creature so the ozodrin may pretend to be something else while in their true form.
    We used the Summoner's Eidolon as a template and modified it, removing the need for a tether and adding in a large range cap, adding a hp threshold but allowing hp sacrificing, and generally improving the functionality of the puppet within reason.
    We also added a small array of improved options to be expanded upon later.

Workshop

Spoiler: Workshop
    Show

Version and Hotfixes are designed to illustrate changes.

• The Workshop section of the thread now illustrates current and upcoming changes.

Rationale
    I feel that the time between updates can be far longer than I would like, I tend to update content on the thread as changes need to be made, this creates a little bit of a gap between the stated changes and what changes are made, usually I post "Hotfixes" to illustrate the accumulation of smaller changes, the workshop however will do a better job of this between versions.

Arachnid

Spoiler: New Feat - Arachnid
    Show
    Arachnid - [ Aberrant ]
    Requires: Ozodrin Level 4
    • When casting the Spider's Thread Organ Spell you may use it at a range equal to 10' per Ozodrin Class Level.
    • The duration for Spider's Thread becomes 2 hours, the limit for the amount of threads you can maintain is 1 per Charisma Modifier, otherwise creating a thread destroys the oldest one.
    • Breaking the thread requires Strength DC 30 and can support weight up to your Push/Drag carrying capacity.
    • Your thread's HP and Hardness are equal to your Flat Foot Armorclass, fire no longer destroys it outright and it has the same resistances and immunities as you do.
    • As an Immediate Action you may produce the thread into your hands without the adhesive.
    • You are treated as having the Rope Equipment Trick feat.

Sniper

Spoiler: New Feat - Sniper
    Show
    Sniper - [ Aberrant ]
    Requires: Organ or Spike Feature, Ozodrin Level 5
    • As a swift action you may enter or exit Sniper mode, when in sniper mode you may not make more than one attack per round and you may designate one creature as your Mark at any time, you may only have one Mark at a time and may not have a mark outside of sniper mode.
    • You may use a full defense action to study you mark and gain a +2 bonus to ranged attack rolls against it, you may do this up to 3 times and the effects stack and last until you lose line of sight or until you change marks.
    • While in sniper mode your ranged attack deals additional damage equal to your dexterity modifier.
    • You may ignore penalties to attacking while prone.
    • By making a full-round action you may treat the max range of your weapon equal to 100' per Ozodrin level and you may ignore the penalties of the first 5 range increments.

Weight

Spoiler: New Feat - Weight
    Show
    Weight - [ Aberrant ]
    Requires: None
    • As a swift action you may change your body's weight to be equal to your light, medium or heavy carrying capacity or reset your weight to normal.
    • For the purposes of calculating carrying capacity you are treated as having a +2 bonus or -2 penalty to strength for every aberrant feats you possess to a maximum of +10 or -10 strength and may switch between bonus or penalty as a Full-Round-Action, this stacks with the Platform augment and is calculated before multiplying it.
    • You may use your Hit Die instead of your Base Attack Bonus for the purposes of calculating CMD (Pathfinder) or opposed combat maneuver checks.

Control

Spoiler: New Feat - Control
    Show
    Control - [ Combat ]
    Requires: Base Attack Bonus +4, Bizarre Grappler (Ex)
    • If in control of a grapple with a creature the same size or smaller than you then you may silence that creature as an immediate action for as long as you stay in control of the grapple.
    • Gain a +4 bonus to CMD.
    • At level 12 this becomes +6 and at level 14 this becomes +8.

Palate

Spoiler: New Skilltrick - Palate
    Show
    Palate
    Requires: Ozodrin Level 5, Suvival 5 Ranks (or) Perception 5 Ranks (or) Profession [Cook] 5 Ranks
    • You may make Knowledge [Taste] and Profession [Baker, Brewer, Butcher, Cook, Farmer, Fisherman, Gardener, Herbalist or Trapper] skill checks as if you had ranks in them equal to your Ozodrin Level.
    • Whenever you taste something (licking, eating, devouring or swallowing) you may make a Knowledge [Taste] (No Retry).
    • DC0 Reveals commonly known main components such as if you ate a chest you'd likely discern wood and metal.
    • DC10 Reveals smaller but still commonly known components such as the oil in an engine, a flower in a tuxedo or the type of food in a creature's stomach.
    • DC20 Reveals exact information about accessible components, you would be able to discern the saffron in a soup and tell that it's a spice and a flower.
    • DC20+ Reveals exact information with possibly inaccessible or excessively rare components, such as the blood of an outsider, ink made from the plane of shadow, or the golden ice ravage encrusting a creature.

Food For Thought

Spoiler: New Skilltrick - Food For Thought
    Show
    Food For Thought
    Requires: Devour (Ex), Suvival 8 Ranks (or) Profession [Cook] 8 Ranks
    • Whenever you taste an object or creature you may:
    • Detect it's magical properties as if while tasting it you were using a Detect Magic effect on it.
    • You may make Knowledge skill checks as if you had ranks in them equal to your Ozodrin Level when attempting to identify things you have tasted.
    • You may make Spellcraft and Psicraft skill checks as if you had ranks in them equal to your Ozodrin Level when attempting to gain information on something you are currently tasting.
    • Instead of gaining hitpoints from a freshly slain corpse with your Devour (Ex) class feature you may instead learn the birth name of a freshly slain corpse and may know the answers of three questions similar to using a Speak with Dead effect to ask the corpse.

Swinger

Spoiler: New Skilltrick - Swinger
    Show
    Swinger
    Requires: Ozodrin Level 5, Climb 8 Ranks (or) Acrobatics 8 Ranks
    • You gain the Brachiation racial ability with the exception that instead of using your land speed you must make either a Climb or Acrobatics check and the distance in feet you may travel that round is equal to double your check's result, or double your climb speed if that's higher.
    • Your body does not physically have to travel through terrain that allows you to brachiate if a tentacle or limb could reach it.
    • You may replace the terrain requirements of Branchiation with any surface that is higher than you are and you could climb with a climb speed, you may do this by using a Spider's Thread Organ Spell, Limbs or Tentacles if you have a climb speed, or a Spike Feature with the Harpoon augment at their respective ranges.
    • If you end your turn suspended by a thread, limb, tentacle or spike you are considered to be climbing. On your next turn you must either continue to brachiate, be suspended under your point of contact, or let go.

Distracting Sounds

Spoiler: New Skilltrick - Distracting Sounds
    Show
    Distracting Sounds
    Requires: Ozodrin Level 3, Bluff 3 Ranks
    • The sound of any successful attack you make may be changed to another sound, allowing customized sound effects that do not grant a mechanical advantage.
    • Upon landing a critical hit or downing a creature you may create a mundane Ghost Sound effect for 5 rounds that grants helpful creatures within 100' a +1 moral bonus to attack rolls.

Flesh to Food

Spoiler: New Spell - Flesh to Food
    Show
    Flesh to Food

School Transmutation; Level witch 5, bard 5

CASTING - V / S / M (any one thing related to food)

EFFECT:

Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
    One Creature
    Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: Fortitude partial; see text
    Spell Resistance: Yes

DESCRIPTION:

Deal 1d6 damage per 2 caster levels.
    If the target takes more than half it's hitpoints in damage from this spell it must succeed a Fortitude save or become food.
    The size and type of food is up to the caster as long as it is mundane and weighs equal or less than the effected creature and bears an abstract resemblance or depiction of the creature.
    Food forms of creatures are not dead (though they are detected as if they were dead), and are aware of their surroundings but can take no action.
    The spell Stone to Flesh returns a food form of a creature to normal, though any deformities suffered (such as a missing arm or head) carry over.
    Willingly eating the food form of a creature grants the user Fast Healing 1 for a number of rounds equal to it's hit die (stacking in duration), this replaces any mechanical benefits from eating the creature. Unwilling creatures instead gain no benefit.

Added
    • [Mouth -Long] - Added ranged option.
    • [Spike -Slug] - Grants a large damage bonus for a single shot spike.
    • [Fin -Mobile] - Highly improved mobility, filling many flavor roles the fin was intended to have.
    • [Fin -Platform] - Added teamwork movement functionality and carrying options.
    • [Puppet Feature] - Completely redone.
    • [Puppet Feature] - Added the Spellward, Inhabit, Ghost, Strings, Big, Little and Disguise augments.
    • Arachnid Feat - Lots of flavorful uses of spider silk.
    • Control Feat - Highly improves staying in control of grapples.
    • Sniper Feat - Added optionality for single-shot ranged ozodrin.
    • Weight Feat - Replaced Heavyweight feat, improved functionality and flavor.
    • Added Skiltrick section with definition and rules.
    • Distracting Sounds Skilltrick - Create sound effects on your attacks.
    • Food For Though Skilltrick - Spell effects with taste.
    • Palate Skilltrick - Knowledge checks with taste.
    • Swinger Skilltrick - Spiderman, Tarzan and Attack on Titan rolled into one.
    • Flesh to Food Spell - Transform creatures into edible objects.
    • Hitpoints and Strange Movement cost descriptions added to the Magic and Psionics section.
    • Created a conversion guide to play Ozodrin in 3.5

Changed
    • Features (Ex) - Clarified wording for adding features.
    • Features (Ex) - Removing features now requires a Physical Free Action instead of No Action.
    • Nightmare (Ex) - Highly flavors True Form.
    • Primary Stomach (Ex) - Creatures inside your stomach have the Grappled Condition.
    • Primary Stomach (Ex) - Added wording for taking objects and extradimensional objects out of your stomachs.
    • Strange Physiology (Ex) - Modified to grant immunity to Afflictions except maddnesses.
    • Rapid Form (Ex) - Intelligence changed to Charisma, forms rebalanced and wording clarified.
    • [Eye -Precise] - Clarified to not disclude Armory or Altar augment weapons.
    • [Eye -Spirit] - Requires Level 8 as intended.
    • [Tentacle Feature] - Special reworked and clarified.
    • [Tentacle -Serated] - Typo fixed, deals slashing damage.
    • [Tentacle -Blunt] - Reworked and fixed.
    • [Tentacle -Budding] - Reworked and fixed.
    • [Tentacle -Traveling] - Reworked and buffed.
    • [Limb Feature/Augments] - Reworked and balanced around granting 2 limbs/feature.
    • [Limb Feature] - Automatically grants the multiweapon fighting feat.
    • [Limb Feature] - Treat racial limbs as limbs from your limb feature with no augments.
    • [Limb -Minor] - CMB bonus re-added.
    • [Limb -True] - Strength Bonus replaced with an additional Slam Attack.
    • [Limb -True] - Allows up to 4 hands on one weapon with a stacking strength multiplier.
    • [Limb -Strike] - Reworked to allow a large increase in options.
    • [Limb -Claw] - Claw damage nerfed to new Limb balance.
    • [Limb -Leg] - Merged with Rapid Leg augment (now removed).
    • [Limb -Crawling] - Table typo fixed, augment grants a 30' Crawl Speed.
    • [Limb -Armory] - Added functionality for ranged weapons and reworked slightly.
    • [Limb -Armory] - Worded to benefit from your Unearthly Power (Ex) bonus.
    • [Organ -Channeling] Reworked, allowing far more functionality while retaining balance.
    • [Organ -Harming] - Reworked, balance adjusted and improved.
    • [Organ -Harming] - Hitpoints are restored when constitution damage is restored.
    • [Organ -Conversion] - Damage now catches foes on "fire".
    • [Organ -Exhaling] - Changed to a 50' area that has a stacking damage effect.
    • [Organ -Iron Flesh] - Wording clarified, stacks with existing Damage Reduction.
    • [Organ -Insidious] - Wording clarified.
    • [Organ -Rail] - Improved functionality and general buff.
    • [Organ -Pseudopodia] - More fluff optionality.
    • [Organ -Engorge/Compress] - Clarified to not effect Features or Form Points.
    • [Spike -Quickfire] - Removed, spikes now have unlimited ammunition.
    • [Spike -Plating] - Balanced and generally buffed.
    • [Fin -Razor] - Remade into a critical striking option.
    • [Fin -Eldritch] - Reworded to avoid land speed working in air or sea.
    • [Spawn Feature] - Unlock requirement lowered to level 3.
    • [Stomach Feature] - Food and corpses no longer "decay" in closed stomachs.
    • [Stomach Feature] - Full life support granted, including food, water and air.
    • [Stomach -Sarcophagus] - Added mechanic to not allow alignment change from magic or psionics.
    • Index link functionality has been restored.
    • Cleaned up core features maximum augment formatting.
    • Alterable Form Feat - Grants +1FP instead of +2 Fortitude Saves.

A big thanks to Jiopaba, Draken, Milo, Zale, Necroticplague, Qazz, Quarian Rex, Spike, Maroko, Dr. Orpheus and the rest of the offline team!
    Last edited by Hanuman; 2014-09-28 at 06:01 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Might call it "Gag" instead of "Control" - the only extra thing you're actually doing is making them shut up.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #69
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hey I got a mention

I'm gonna have to reread this once I get a minute.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

10. - Top - End - #70

Double post but, any chance of integrating akashic mysteries with this?
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Pixie in the Playground

I really like the new additions. A couple things, though:

1) It seems the table for Fins didn't get updated past adding Platform. Razor still shows its effect as a tiny damage source and Mobile isn't even there. The spoiler beneath the table is updated, though.
    2) The Unspeakable Presence class feature makes mention of an "Insanity(Ex)" ability, but it's not mentioned anywhere else on the page.
    3) How does Multiweapon work with Ozodrins? What's stopping them from dumping all their FP into extra arms to swing swords with? Furthermore, how do these extra attacks interact with BAB increases allowing additional swings?

12. - Top - End - #72

Planetar

First, I want to thank you, Hanuman, for updating Ozodrin, one of my favorite homebrewed classes from Dungeons & Dragons third edition. Second, I wish to ask, what else do you plan to make in the future?
    Last edited by ocel; 2014-09-27 at 10:05 AM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Pixie in the Playground

One question about gaining the Great Old one subtype.
    The Immortality and Unspeakable Presence for them is stated to vary from Great Old One to Great Old One, so do you just work it out for your specific ozodrin, or is there a version of those features for all ozodrin?
    Last edited by Draconas1; 2014-09-26 at 10:58 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74

Default Tooth and Tentacle Remix [3.P] [PEACH] [Patch 2.3 - Hotfix1]

Ozodrin 2.3 [Hotfix1]

Qwertystop:

"Might call it "Gag" instead of "Control" - the only extra thing you're actually doing is making them shut up. "

• The main point for the Control Feat is actually the +4CMD, the gag function was put in as more of a side-note.
    • CMB helps the ozodrin "tackle" an opponent, CMD helps the ozodrin lock down the opponent as a struggling opponent opposes the ozodrin's CMD. The feat was introduced to give the ozodrin more options for flat CMD bonuses to account for a "swingy" effect during grapple mechanics for a grapple build (thanks Jiopaba).
    • I'll consider changing the name in the future, but it likely will not be Gag as it's also meant to flavor choking and such.

Milo v3:

"Any chance of integrating akashic mysteries?"

• I would love to know more about it, feel free to post the content and discuss how it could be worked in

Mlmiii:

"1) It seems the table for Fins didn't get updated past adding Platform. Razor still shows its effect as a tiny damage source and Mobile isn't even there. The spoiler beneath the table is updated, though.
    2) The Unspeakable Presence class feature makes mention of an "Insanity(Ex)" ability, but it's not mentioned anywhere else on the page.
    3) How does Multiweapon work with Ozodrins? What's stopping them from dumping all their FP into extra arms to swing swords with? Furthermore, how do these extra attacks interact with BAB increases allowing additional swings?"

• The table for fins is now fixed.
    • Unspeakable Presence (Ex) is actually just a detailed effect on the Great Old One subtype granted by the Awakening (Ex) class feature.
    • Multiweapon is supposed to be a viable option, though it would be far less efficient to use iterative attacks and such than natural attacks for the ozodrin. Currently the Summoner is more efficient at this especially in optimized builds, though the ozodrin is more adaptive.
    • Well, multiweapon usage works like any other class, you use iterative attacks just as you would with a commoner, however the ozodrin can blur the line between natural and manufactured weapons in multiple cases but as far as I've seen all these instances are balanced. If you are meaning how do manufactured (iterative) attacks work in conjunction with natural attacks please check the Natural Attack Sidebar located above the Unnerving Grace (Ex) class feature.

ocel:

"First, I want to thank you, Hanuman, for updating Ozodrin, one of my favorite homebrewed classes from Dungeons & Dragons third edition. Second, I wish to ask, what else do you plan to make in the future?"

• Thanks for the feedback, feel free to suggest things and I'll figure out a way to throw them in
    • I'm going to be using the form point system to create 2 base classes parallel to the ozodrin. The first (due to the amount of feedback) is the "Machine", which is a mechanical ozodrin with some elements of gramarie, minecraft, ect. The second has the working title "Dreamer" which is intended to be the Apex of my dnd homebrew and will likely be the last big project I work on for the game (due to the level of customization, fun and generally what character I'd want to play more than anything else for as long as I continue to play 3.X. There is also the possibility that I'll be moving things over to 5e along with other homebrewers. If this happens ozodrin will likely be butchered and simplified, making it much easier to build and play, but we will have to see as I have not got around to playing a 5e campaign yet.
    • Edit: I forgot to mention, I am working on a class based on the game Super Smash Brothers, allowing play with characters and level advancement improves them in ways referencing improved skill for competitive play.

Draconas1:

"One question about gaining the Great Old one subtype.
    The Immortality and Unspeakable Presence for them is stated to vary from Great Old One to Great Old One, so do you just work it out for your specific ozodrin, or is there a version of those features for all ozodrin?"

• Unspeakable Presence is listed as a class feature unlocked at level 20, Immortality itself is DM fiat and is a social agreement between the player and DM that if an ozodrin isn't slain with the macguffin sword that they will eventually return in some way within the setting. It could even have a negative duration appearing in the past, you could even be AND not be your own reincarnation. Think non-linear.

Unremarkable

Spoiler: New Feat - Unremarkable
    Show
    Unremarkable - [ Aberrant ]
    Requires: Manifest (Ex)
    • Upon gaining this feat you may gain access to one non-epic Unlock Feature and lose access to one non-epic Core Feature.
    • Gain a +2 bonus to Disguise checks and Perform [Acting] checks.
    • Your features are concealed in some way even while in your true form, and only lose this conceal when they extend from your body, effect your surroundings or otherwise mechanically effect other creatures.
    • Instead of your Manifest (Ex) applying the Shaken condition you instead apply an Aura of the Unremarkable effect with the following changes:
    • The only change this makes to a creature's perception is that the ozodrin never changed out of her guise, if the ozodrin does something impossible for this to happen the creature generalizes this event until it becomes possible.
    • For example, the ozodrin manifests and a creature fails their will save, the ozodrin proceeds to bite with a long mouth, knowing this is not possible the effected creature cannot think "ozodrin bites" and instead thinks "ozodrin attacks", and stubbornly fills in the blanks to protect the inconsistency.

Symbiotic Weaponry

Spoiler: New Skilltrick - Symbiotic Weaponry
    Show

Symbiotic Weaponry
    Requires: Features (Ex)
    • While in your true form you may designate one of your natural attacks to "inhabit" one type of weapon, for the duration of the encounter whenever making an attack with that weapon you may choose to suppress all the mechanics of that weapon and substituting it with the mechanics of the designated natural attack.
    • Substituting natural attacks for weapon attacks does not change the aesthetic qualities of the action.
    • For instance you may designate "swords" and "slams": while holding a sword you may make a slam attack with the sword as if it were your slam attack, using your slam's range and damage. If the sword is enchanted you do not benefit from that enchantment as it's effects were suppressed during the attack.

Added
    • Unremarkable Feat - Allows you to conceal your nature even in your true form.
    • Symbiotic Weaponry Skilltrick - Allows you to put your natural attack mechanics into weaponry fluff, allowing interesting contextual mixups.

Changed
    • [Organ Feature] - When using Features (Ex) to add organs or organ augments it consumes an additional move action to do so. This does not add a move action for every organ or organ augment nor does it effect Rapid Form.
    • [Spike Feature] - Cleaned, simplified and clarified with minor changes.
    • [Spike -Impale] - Remade and made more elegant, useful and balanced. "Racking" is similar to this image.
    • [Fin Feature] - Table Fixed.
    • [Puppet -Trap] - Clarified to avoid absurd damage stacking.
    • [Unlock (Ex)] - Listed level acquisition.
    • [Mask Feat] - Heavily buffed, allowing free-form usage and conditional bonuses.
    • [Distracting Sounds Skilltrick] - Balanced and touched up.
    • [General] - Added some simple sample images to illustrate style options.

Here's a few images quickly thrown together to illustrate possible table changes, feel free to PEACH them if you want something to be added to the class:
    Spoiler: Table Samples
    Show

Thanks for the input on and offline, feel free to PEACH. Check out the workshop section to see what we are working on!
    Last edited by Hanuman; 2014-10-15 at 10:22 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

I have to say, I like the second one the most.

What program do you use to make them?
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

16. - Top - End - #76

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    I have to say, I like the second one the most.

What program do you use to make them?
    Noted! I'll play around with that image and see what I can do.

I use GIMP as I have a fairly low-end computer

Also, here's a song about a shark eating everything.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Assorted things referencing stomach volume are broken (as in they don't work):
    Ozodrin's primary stomachs are 20' long per level whether this be a cube or sphere and whenever the ozodrin enters it's guise the oxygen is cut off.
    Length is not volume. A cube of side-length X is not the same volume as a sphere of radius (or should it be diameter, or circumference?) X.

Chamber:
    Your stomach's walls no longer fit it's contents, it appears to be a spherical or cubic room with a diameter or width equal to it's volume.
    Again - diameter/width equal to volume? What?

Also:
    Thick:
    You take 1 damage each time your stomach walls take 1 + 1 damage for each Thick augment you have.
    This is unclear, but as written it's purely negative - spend one point, now you take damage whenever people attack your stomach walls. Whether you take more or less damage for taking more Thick augments is unclear, but without taking it there's no reason to assume you take any damage from your stomach being attacked, because:
    An ozodrin's stomachs counts as separate from her body and have their own AC, DR and Resistances but she may add any feature to it as if it were her body.
    (also, there is no mention of what that AC is)

Separately: I might be playing an Ozodrin. Sheet.

EDIT: Another thing.
    Channelling has a text/table disagreement. The table says +2 damage.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2014-11-01 at 11:11 PM.
    My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #78

Understood, those things will be fixed shortly.

For the meantime, to clarify:

X' long refers to the length of a cube or the diameter of a sphere or dome, they do have different volumes.

It's intended that the ozodrin take damage when a creature tries to cut their way out, thick was intended to provide a multiplicative universal DR but it's currently broken. Being separated is bad wording on my part.
    The wording for primary stomach is to clarify that your stomach and body do not share defensive qualities as the stomach counts somewhat like it's own creature, having somewhat vague relationships between body parts is both a blessing and a curse for the ozodrin

We've got some cool things up for the near future, we're pretty close to finishing off ozodrin 3.p and are considering the next steps!

19. - Top - End - #79

My computer melted a bit so writing has been slow, the process is still going though. For now I am using a touchscreen so expect minimal spellcheck and formatting.

The next big step with ozodrin is going to be tricky, we are making a new version of ozodrin. I assure you this version will remain, mostly because the next version isn't trying so hard to emulate.

A few key points.. first it will be 3.5 pf 5e compatible, it will be way more simple and the rules far more effective and elegant. A full list of acfs will replace any need for variance so this will include machine and dreamer/tether.

There are a number of flaws in the current system despite the huge amount of work that went into refinement. The remaining flaws are largely unfixable in this class system format.

There is no working title for the next ozodrin yet, but let me paint it a bit... first off it does not have features, only augments. Augments will make changes directly and features/augments will no longer chain in specific ways.

For example, new ozodrin will have one attack, it can always be treated as a 1d4 base dmg attack, you may choose any of your available damage types, starting with b/p/s on this attack, and it is always treated as both manufactured and natural, you may then add more attacks or modify your attacks, what those attacks are isn't important, this grants creative freedom to the player while reducing an estimated 30% of existing options in terms of redundant referencing, it also allows use of both na and iterative, allowing cross functionality with 5e. Instead of gaining bleed on an attack you can add bleed to an attack 1/round. The effect can be roleplayed as a static visual or a fluxuating one. Ultimately the ozodrin need not be limited by tables and points when determining form.

More focus will be put on party functionality, roleplay options and most importantlymaking sure all options are worth play, if there's one big thing I've le
    aned about ozodrin from countless hours of editing and collecting feedback on and offline is what options people actually like and use, and there are certainly options that are neither useful nor used and those options will be set aside as additional options off of the new main lists.

Ozodrins true form and guise relation will go through a similar methodology change, allowing more freedom and creativity options, the standard flip will have more interplay, instead of 2 dimensional think nth dimensional.

To sum it up, a clean, fun, useful, creative ozodrin free of bloat. For those wanting a more option heavy hardfixed build Draken is working on a 5e shapechanger and ozodrin 3.p will remain :-)
    Last edited by Hanuman; 2014-11-22 at 12:03 AM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

I really don't think making a single class compatible with 3.P and 5e will work. So much of the system's changed between them.
    My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #81

What Qwerty said. Frankly, I'd appreciate if you focused on a 5E Ozodrin first; people can always use this, or the original, for their 3.P games.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

Just finished a readthrough. This looks awesome. This is now the new "class I wish I was in real life". Determine what that says about me however you will.

Regardless, a few questions and suggestions:

Unearthly Power makes all of your natural weapons +5 at level 10. That is tremendously steep. I think it should be level/4 or level/3, capping at 5 or 6, and letting the enhancement bonus apply to damage rolls in addition to attack rolls.

Putting a Hardened Eye on a feature grants all of it's natural attacks +1 damage.
    A Hardened Eye can only be put on an eye, right? And eyes don't have any natural attacks. Unless the bonus applies to all attacks I make? Or do I have to choose where on my body the hardened eye is?

The eye feature usually looks like multiple strange looking eyes on various parts of the ozodrin's body or hair.
    Shifting
    As a move action you may move this feature from it's current location to anywhere else it could otherwise be placed.
    Shifting does literally nothing for Eye. Unless I'm reading it wrong?

"Warning"'s bonus to Initiative seems a bit steep for an augment; it is, after all, equivalent to a feat, and quite a good feat at that. I think it should be changed to +3.
    Last edited by Extra Anchovies; 2014-11-23 at 04:34 AM.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

23. - Top - End - #83

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Shifting does literally nothing for Eye. Unless I'm reading it wrong?
    I think it's so you can move your eye to things like your tentacles or hand, and then stick your hand around the corner to see around the corner. Plus, it's creepy.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    I think it's so you can move your eye to things like your tentacles or hand, and then stick your hand around the corner to see around the corner. Plus, it's creepy.
    Having the Eye feature already lets you place any number of eyes pretty much wherever, gives you all-around vision, and does this:
    Having the Eye feature on your natural body or a feature allows you to see from it and look around corners while maintaining cover.
    But then, Shifting can be applied to all of the others so I guess it's there for completeness' sake.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85

Until I can get my pc unmelted I'll be posting fairly informal responses. Fun Fact: The latest patch took 15 hours just to write the notes.. on a PC, let alone an android.

@Anchovies
    First of all I'm glad you like Ozodrin, it's my favorite class and that is why I put so much work into it

Hardened eye is something that may warrant removal, it's not a favorable augment and it's not especially well written, essentially it was intended to be kind of an eye as hard as stone beholder flavor, but I do not feel it really accomplishes this.

Shifting is available at such a high level to begin with because it's intended to be used in conjunction with Sinister Image, though I have asked and Shifting has not been proven to be breaking at a lower level than 17, I just don't think that was ever addressed properly. Shifting, despite being at the end of every list, is pretty niche.

---

Another methodology change with upcoming updates will be a full backlog of changed mechanics, I'm going to stop outright erasing mechanics when they are changed, instead old content will be spoilered in changenotes, and a full backlog will be loaded somehow, whether that be on titanpad or google docs or whatever it needs to be to make it readily available.

We are still working on Spawn, the idea currently is to use them somewhat like pikmin but I'll cover that in a later post!

26. - Top - End - #86

To clarify unearthly power's balancepoint, it is measured to your BAB. If ozodrin was full bab it would be +3 at level 10, really what this is for is to counterbalance low levels, enchantment purchase, and combat scaling effectiveness.

27. - Top - End - #87

To further explain the Unearthly power thing, the idea is that the Ozodrin is a 3/4ths bab class solely because.. well, actually Owrtho wanted to use what an aberration's bab is.. but the main mechanical benefit is that it slows access to martial feats / PRCs and that it doesn't give a bunch of iteratives to a class that isn't built around attacking with weapons normally (no, I don't consider making a ton of extra arms "normally" :P). In other words, it prevents the class from snagging all the besides-hitting full bab benefits in addition to its own wide variety of attacking styles.

Unearthly Power allows the class to not be full bab without crippling the class' ability to hit anything. When you factor out the lost bab that is being replaced that level 10 Ozodrin is netting +2 over a fighter, which is much more in line with the enhancement bonus PCs are expected to have at that level.

And it doesn't add to damage because that would heavily push Ozodrin to focus on mass attacking builds.

(What is the plural of Ozodrin? Is it 'Ozodrin'?)

If people are wondering I have indeed been working on that new 3.5 write up since last spring. I won't have any nice tables, I think, but it should be up by 2015.
    Last edited by Magikeeper; 2014-12-04 at 09:45 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Magikeeper View Post
    To further explain the Unearthly power thing, the idea is that the Ozodrin is a 3/4ths bab class solely because.. well, actually Owrtho wanted to use what an aberration's bab is.. but the main mechanical benefit is that it slows access to martial feats / PRCs and that it doesn't give a bunch of iteratives to a class that isn't built around attacking with weapons normally (no, I don't consider making a ton of extra arms "normally" :P). In other words, it prevents the class from snagging all the besides-hitting full bab benefits in addition to its own wide variety of attacking styles.

Unearthly Power allows the class to not be full bab without crippling the class' ability to hit anything. When you factor out the lost bab that is being replaced that level 10 Ozodrin is netting +2 over a fighter, which is much more in line with the enhancement bonus PCs are expected to have at that level.

And it doesn't add to damage because that would heavily push Ozodrin to focus on mass attacking builds.
    Hm. That's a very good point. Hadn't thought about it that way. It still puts them at +25 at 20th vs the fighter's +20, but at that point the fighter should have a +5 weapon...

And although that +5 weapon costs money, an Ozodrin will be spending their own cash on an Amulet of Mighty Fists to boost their damage...

Well. That's actually very nicely balanced. I retract my earlier statement.
    Last edited by Extra Anchovies; 2014-12-04 at 10:08 PM.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89

brought to you on a nintendo wii browser (will edit after repair)

new ozodrin has some offline bare bones, getting rid of MAD with cha>str>con where cha is ability stat, str is combat stat, and con is a defensive stat, specifically more emphasis on fort saves to key into more effects. we are playing with the concept of ''weakness'' which is to say a kind of freeform fairytale curse on the ozodrin, similar to pathfinder oracle but stronger and with role-playing mechanical aspects. manipulation of objects, movement, carry, ranged attacks, everything is made easier, stronger and more creative. we are considering playing with combat options.. ozodrin being a core grappler is not as important as keeping its optionality intact, changing it's role as a defender/striker with suppression to one in question. whatever the outcome ozodrin will have options :)

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hanuman View Post
    brought to you on a nintendo wii browser (will edit after repair)

new ozodrin has some offline bare bones, getting rid of MAD with cha>str>con where cha is ability stat, str is combat stat, and con is a defensive stat, specifically more emphasis on fort saves to key into more effects. we are playing with the concept of ''weakness'' which is to say a kind of freeform fairytale curse on the ozodrin, similar to pathfinder oracle but stronger and with role-playing mechanical aspects. manipulation of objects, movement, carry, ranged attacks, everything is made easier, stronger and more creative. we are considering playing with combat options.. ozodrin being a core grappler is not as important as keeping its optionality intact, changing it's role as a defender/striker with suppression to one in question. whatever the outcome ozodrin will have options :)
    This is sounding like an increasingly massive change. You're not going to overwrite the current one, right? I (and probably others) have a character running the current version, and this is not a change that will make it easy to keep using them.
    My Homebrew