Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 1684
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Setsuna

    "I am sure you are a very good thief, you were just unlucky!" Beaming, not quite aware that calling her a good thief may not be the best of compliments, but not personally being bothered by Red's criminal past. She had a rough childhood, she did what she had to do.

    ***

    After a few more drinks, drunk enough to act on bad ideas, more than usual at least, but not so drunk as to be stumbling around, the Tian-Min tiefling approaches Ameiko requesting the bard's musical talents be put to use when she is free for a minute. If the proprietress agrees, then Setsuna moves to dance with the bardic performance, offering to teach the steps to anyone who wants join her.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Perform: Dance (have to use this at least once a chapter lol)
    (1d20+4)[23]
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    . . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground
     
    bcool999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Taladron

    Taladron joins in the toast but nurses just the one drink for the night. As my Aunt would say, 'Wizards and drink don't mix, as it usually results in fires or lightning or blizzards or some such silliness.'

    He nods his head in greeting to Rico, curious as to what kept her.

    Upon hearing of Red's checkered past, Taladron is glad she never visited his shop in Magnimar... It would make things terribly awkward now.

    As Setsuna starts to dance, Taladron watches and keeps time with a tap of the foot. However, he is much to shy to just stand up and dance in front of strangers.
    Avatar by MeanMrsMustard

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Brin

    "Aye, you've got the name right." Brin responds to the new arrival with a smirk. "Yours is Rico, I take it? Your friends here have been asking about you all evening."

    "As for the town, it's proven well provisioned, generous, and surprisingly well informed." She's not exactly peeved that Rico knew her name, but it had certainly come as a surprise. They'd made her sign those papers at the gate, but surely no one actually read those boilerplate forms without reason. Brin didn't consider herself a notable personage, and Sandpoint wasn't a small enough town that each stranger should be marked for special attention...or so she'd thought.

    Brin has nothing to offer in response to Red's revelations. She hardly knows the woman, but her role in the averting recent goblin crisis was clearly a count in her favor, and Brin isn't much concerned with thievery (which isn't to say she wouldn't stop one if she were on the scene). How Red's recent heroism might weigh against past missteps was for the Goddess to decide.

    As for the dancing, well...maybe after a few more rounds.
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2013-12-26 at 04:59 AM.

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    GM post

    Setsuna's unusual request is met with an impish grin from the barkeep, who despite her thriving business and newly inherited title, can never pass up a chance to display her skill on the samisen. Once the supper crowd has settled down somewhat, Ameiko hands management of the kitchen over to Bethana and takes up court on her own bar counter, waving to Setsuna over everyone's heads to signal that she's ready to start.

    Rather than the familiar Minkaian tunes that Setsuna was expecting, however, Ameiko, in a fit of fey mischief, selects instead a jaunty and rousing Ulfen drinking song that quickly has the clientele cheering and clapping along to the beat. Fortunately, Setsuna has drunk more than enough beer to gamely improvise, much to the audience's delight. As it turns out, there are even a few Varisian traders in town who are more than happy to join in the dance, quickly turning the atmosphere festive with their nimble feet and whirling scarves.

    The drinking and dancing continue on late into the night, no thanks to a late appearance by Mandraiv, who decides to join in the music with his lute. By the time the tipsy revelers who don't have lodging in the Rusty Dragon begin to make their way home, still drunkenly whistling or singing as they go, it is long past the first hour.

    *****

    Day 23: Lamashan 14, 4707

    It is now about 1000hrs. (Rico's work shift starts at noon.)

    Given the amount of drinking that went on the previous night, by the time most of you wake up, the sun has long since risen. (Except for Setsuna. You wake up not in your room, but with your arm pillowed on one of the tables in the dining area. Your other hand is still clasped around a mostly empty mug of beer and someone's kapenia is around your neck. Someone else, probably Ameiko, has thoughtfully draped a blanket over your shoulders. You may or may not have a pounding headache.)

    Venturing back down into the dining area of the Rusty Dragon, you find the place strangely subdued and empty, with only the odd traveller working on breakfast porridge and some of Ameiko's servants puttering around with brooms and trays. The smell of alcohol is heavy in the air and the sunlight filtering in through the windowpanes is wan and occasional cut off by a legion of passing clouds. From the looks of it, an autumn storm is likely to hit the town in the afternoon.

    It is a Moonday, so the sombre mood isn't anything out of the ordinary. Still, as you order your breakfast (or is that brunch?) you can't help feeling in your gut that things are far too quiet.

    This feeling is soon confirmed. No sooner have you been served your food and drink, the tavern doors creak open to reveal the looming figure of Sheriff Hemlock - grim-faced, sullen, and with dark circles under his eyes. Judging from his creased uniform and the scuffling drag of his boots, the man has been up the entire night and is looking rather worse for the wear.

    Upon seeing you, the Sheriff approaches, frowning slightly at those of you who are obviously hungover and giving Brin a cursory glance. "Good. I was hoping I would find your group here. Where is Rico? And is there a more private place where we can speak?" Stifling a yawn, the Sheriff winces and shakes his head. "I am sorry to have to disturb all of you at this hour. The night patrol reported that things were rather lively down at the Rusty last night. However, there's been... well, a... situation."
    Last edited by maggie_mcknife; 2013-12-28 at 12:46 AM.
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Sirus

    Sirus is up for breakfast early on, despite the fact that he stayed until very late into the night. He drunk very sparingly, and his face never cracked a smile, but near the end of the night, he was almost moving in rhythm with the singing and dancing.

    Now, having devoured his usual breakfast of fruits, cheese and bread, he is enjoying his morning tea right next to sleeping Setsuna. The whole picture is rather silly, with Siris serious over his tea and Setsuna sleeping into her arms.

    However, when the Sheriff enters, Sirus unwittingly tenses. He can almost feel the bad news.

    After Hemlock is finished speaking, Sirus nods and goes to fetch those that are not there. After waking Setsuna and having a pot of coffee in front of her.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Setsuna

    Waking up to Sirus' gentle nudging and the smell of coffee, Setsuna is blessedly free of a alcohol induced headache, thank Cayden, but still quite tired from a night of drinking and dancing. Taking the coffee out of politeness, she sips away at it while wishing she'd had the foresight to ask for tea to wake up to last night.

    Stifling a yawn herself at the sight of the sheriff, the tiefling. "I am not sure where the constable left to, I have only just woken up myself."
    While waiting for Sirus to return with the others she mentions that several of them have rooms in the inn in response to his question of privacy, "Would one of those suffice or should we go to the barracks?"
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    . . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    GM post

    The Sheriff helps himself to a serving of the coffee from the pot in front of Setsuna, appropriating a nearby empty tankard that the staff of the Rusty Dragon haven't gotten around to clearing yet. "A room... That would be ideal. If you would be as kind, Miss Setsuna, as to lead the way?"

    A few minutes later finds all six of you piled into the room assigned to Setsuna, those of you who have just awakened still wiping the sleep from your eyes. Grunting softly, the Sheriff exchanges formal salutes with Rico before clapping his adopted on the shoulder and taking up position in the far corner of the room - an angle that allows him an unimpeded view of both the shuttered window and the door.

    Removing his helm and running his fingers through long hair going grey at the temples, Sheriff Hemlock frowns once more at Brin's presence before clearing his throat.

    "First of all, let me thank you all - again - for all that you've done for Sandpoint. And my apologies for rousing you first thing in the morning. The Inheritor knows, there's precious little we can do to repay you save with our hospitality for as long as you should chose to stay in Sandpoint. In fact, I was almost afraid that one of you would have upped and left by now..."

    At this, the Sheriff sucks in his cheeks and shaking his head, his voice edged with bitterness. "... because there's a new problem - one that I earnestly wish I didn't have to involve anyone in. It needs dealing with now. Before the situation gets worse, and I know for a fact that none of my men and women are equipped to handle this situation. And it would have to happen after the Magnimar detachment went home... almost as though someone was waiting for their chance..."

    Holding up a gauntleted hand to forestall those of you with questions or those who might protest that the Sandpoint Watch had handled themselves admirably enough during the goblin crisis, Sheriff Hemlock sighs heavily. "I'll get to the point. We have a murderer in our midst - one whom, I fear, has only begun his or her foul work. You remember the Chopper days under Sheriff Avertin, don't you, Rico? Or perhaps those of you who have been around here long enough would know - before the old chapel burned down, how Sandpoint nearly tore itself apart from fear under the predations of a madman. Slayings in the streets with no author in sight. I'm afraid we might have something similar brewing now."

    Knowledge (local) DC 10 - can make untrained if your PC resides in Sandpoint or has visited Sandpoint more than once
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sheriff Hemlock is referencing what the locals call the Late Unpleasantness - an unfortunate trio of events that took place within the same span of two months.

    The first was the apparent suicide of Atsuii Kaijitsu, who leapt to her death off the cliff the Kaijitsu manor was located on. (If your PC played through the earlier part of Burnt Offerings, you'll recall that Tsuto Kaijitsu was of the opinion that Lonjiku had pushed her off.) The second was the burning down of the old chapel. The third, which the Sheriff has just mentioned, is the murder spree of the 'Chopper' - a local woodcarver, apparently driven mad by the behests of a demonic patron, who slaughtered and mutilated the bodies of over two dozen citizens (including the previous Sheriff) before he was finally tracked down and found dead, having slain himself in a final act of devotion.


    "Last night, the murderer - or murderers - struck at the Scarnetti sawmill. There are two victims and they're... they're in pretty gruesome shape." The Sheriff wearily rubs the stubble on his chin, shaking his head once more and closing his eyes. That's not a good sign - if even a hardened veteran like the Sheriff is spooked, then the bodies must have been very severely mutilated indeed. "The bodies were discovered by one of the mill workers - Ibor Thorn. By the time the Watch got there, well. You know how it was when Alergest died. Crowd and circus out in force, trying to sneak a peek."

    "I left Sergeant Akhbar in charge there to lock things down. But what gets me right here is the fact that this is actually the second set of murders we've had in the last few days. Given the similarities between the victims, I have good reason to believe that they were the handiwork of the same person. And whoever that person is... he or she is trying to frame one of you."

    Reaching for his belt pouch, Sheriff Hemlock draws forth a thin scroll case of the sort that scholars use. Unscrewing the top, he shakes out a blood-spotted scrap of parchment that he holds out to none other than Sirus Skerlati.

    If Sirus takes the parchment and reads it...
    Spoiler
    Show
    The handwriting on the parchment is jittery but distinct enough, as though written by someone with a spasming arm.

    Master Skerlati:

    I do as you command!

    The Servant of Skinsaw
    Last edited by maggie_mcknife; 2013-12-28 at 12:46 AM.
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Sirus

    Sirus has been listening to the Sheriff in his usual, deadpan, serious way. His face if any grew more expressionless as time went by.

    But he almost blinked back in suprise, when he was handed the parchment. He reads it and then looks around as if waiting someone to say something. And then reads it again. He opens his mouth to speak, then shuts it and collects himself. He speaks again.

    "Well.

    First of all. Last night. I was here. All night. Several people. Saw me.

    Secondly. I came here. For the first time. Just before. The festival. If these things. Have happened. Before. Then. I could not. Have been. Involved.

    Finally. I am willing. To pay. Out of my own. Pocket. For divine. And magical. Interrogation. To clear. My name.

    However. Until then. What is. My status? Am I. Free. To look into. The matter? Am I. Under arrest?"

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    GM post

    "If I wished to arrest you, I would have done so by now, with several guards as back-up no less. Besides, your friends here would testify and stand as witnesses on your behalf, I'm sure. No, I believe that the real murderer is trying to throw us off the scent by seeding a false trail and that you are innocent." Sheriff Hemlock gives a mirthless smile. "Nevertheless, the murderer would not name one of you without cause. If you could please think hard - have any of you offended anyone in town recently? Did Nualia have any other associates that we failed to capture? Or perhaps some of you have made enemies who have followed you here and wish you ill?"

    At this point, Sheriff Hemlock gives Red a long hard stare down the length of his bony nose.
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Sirus

    Situs takes a minute to think his answer, again.

    "I do not. Think. I have made. An enemy. Of anyone. Here. As for Nualia. All her known. Accomplishes. Are accounted for.

    As for enemies. Yes. I had. Some powerful. Ones. Back in Taldor. But they believe me. Dead. And would not. Act. That way. Rather. I would have. Been found. In a bad. State.

    But I believe. We must. Survey. The scene. And what does. The servant. Of the Skinsaw. Means?"

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Brin

    A yawn a muffles curse are Brin's initial response when Sirus shakes her shoulder. Is that the life of a hero? Partying all night and being roused at dawn? She wonders, not really caring that's obviously nearer to noon than sunup. Maybe I'll pass.

    But it's too late to go back to sleep, not with the Sheriff jawing about the latest 'situation'. It may be a hassle, but at least it's an interesting hassle.

    She feigns sleep until the others retreat to Setsuna's room, then, after waiting a few moments for them to settle in, she heads upstairs herself. The Rusty Dragon was well built, but probably not sound proof. Hopefully she'd be able to catch most of the conversation from the hall. And if she was noticed, she could just say that she was going to retrieve her bow and morningstar from her room. If she still had a room.

    I should really see about paying at some point. She scolds herself, as she kneels down outside Setsuna's door to 're-tie her boot laces.'

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground
     
    bcool999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Taladron

    Well rested and clear headed due to his abstinence of drinking and staying up too late, Taladron has already prepared his spells, but nevertheless is flipping through his spellbook idly as the sheriff explained the situation.

    He glances up when a connection to one of them is mentioned and gets a thoughtful look on his face when Sirus is named in the note. "Well if we are dealing with a psychopath then it doesn't even need to be an enemy. In fact, the respect used in the note when referring to Sirus could mean that it is someone you helped who had a mental break." Taladron scratches his chin for a moment before adding, "The note also could have been meant for another Skerlati... Though of course I am not trying to accuse one of your relatives Sirus." Taladron says in apology.
    Avatar by MeanMrsMustard

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Setsuna

    After leading the group to her room, Setsuna listens without interrupting for a while, finally speaking up after the sheriff confirms that Sirus isn't under arrest and the half-orc asks about the Servant of the Skinsaw. "Father Skinsaw is one of the titles of Norgorber, god of secrets and murder. I have heard that his cultists have learned how to hide their worship well, since they are not recognized as a church outside of Absalom."

    Frowning she looks at Sheriff Hemlock, "But wait, you said this is the second set of murders. I have not heard about any problems since Thistletop, when was anyone murdered? And who has been killed?"
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    . . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    GM post

    "Of course, you may survey the scene... Might turn up stuff my guards missed. But cultists...? Sheriff Hemlock scowls when Setsuna mentions the church of Norgorber, looking as though he'd just swallowed something sour. "Hmph. Would make sense though. Because what gave me the idea that the murders were linked were these weird markings on the chests of the victims... like they'd been carved on purpose. I've no idea what they mean, and I'd rather one of you have a look than I drag Ilsoari or Quink in. They'd have no stomach for this sort of business."

    "And yes. The second set. You might recall those three swindlers what turned up dead in Celvin's barn a few days back, with the one mad survivor?" The Sheriff nods in Rico's direction - her duty for the previous day had been to escort the poor madman to a sanitarium some miles out of Sandpoint. "Those were the first and frankly seeing those three dead wasn't much of a surprise. They were making plenty of enemies in Sandpoint with their con-games and scams, and I'd warned them to stay out of trouble. S'only a matter of time before a disgruntled customer or some Sczarni came looking for them - I'd thought the markings on their chests to be simply the work of a sick mind. But seeing the same markings again? Banny and Katrine were regular hardworking folk."

    For those of you with better memories, the names that the Sheriff mentions suddenly click - Banny was one of Mandraiv's drinking buddies, and Katrine - unless there are two women in town with the same name - is Ven Vinder's eldest daughter.

    *****

    Red

    Much to her own surprise, Red glares back at the Sheriff, more irritated than anything that he would even think of something crazy like someone trying to get to her through Sirus. The only person she knew of in Sandpoint (other than the Sheriff) who might have a beef with her was Jubrayl Vhiski. Whom the Sheriff wouldn't and couldn't arrest for a lack of evidence, as he himself had grudgingly admitted the year before. And surely even Jubrayl wouldn't be so silly as to try the exact same trick as before - framing someone for murder.

    Still. Murders and cultists? This didn't sound good... Red bites her lip and glances around worriedly at the others. Who on earth among them had pissed off a crazy stabber?
    Last edited by maggie_mcknife; 2013-12-28 at 01:58 AM.
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Miraqariftsky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    PFFFSSSTTUUUUUAAAHHK!
    "Asmodeus' arse, what?!

    Comes a burst of brown as Rico's coffee
    Spat and spilled in surprise
    Even while her hands
    Scramble to shield
    Her notes, there
    A-scratching on
    The new
    Matter

    "...hrhmm. Hellsteeth.
    Hrhmm. Sir?"

    She curses, then rumbles in thought
    As she prepares to ask
    A questioning slew,

    "First off, just to get it off the board,
    Has the Watch in general been put on alert?
    Just to be sure, have we checked the files of all the victims?
    Associates, both recent and distant,
    Anybody suspicious?
    Or noteworthy?

    Has the crime scene...
    Have the crime sceneS been secured?

    For the record,
    CAN we... visit the bodies,
    To further investigate the injuries
    An' ta draw copies of them, fer perusal
    By our probably skittish resident professors?
    And HAVE the bodies been blessed already?
    JUST ta make sure there be no...
    ...recurrences...
    Of the, ahem,
    Recent unholiness?

    Hmm. Triangle of crime...
    Motive, Opportunity, Means...

    Aye, the usual suspects line up fer the previous
    Set o' victims, but that level of brutality... ahem.
    Daddy dearest also presents hisself
    HAS he been brought in arready?
    Fer the second set o' victims
    But we run inta th' same problem
    Regarding the suspected cult-marks
    That we're suspectin' are settin' this crap apart
    From yer usual revenge killings

    Spread th' standard net
    Get th' word of all associates
    O' the misfortunately deceased.
    Hold yer horses. HAVE all next-o-kin been informed?

    Further... hmm...
    Sirus, that note---
    ---Of the time ye'd been here in Sandpoint,
    You'd been in close, or at least noteworthy contact
    With your fellows in the Auxiliary Squad,
    The Watch, the professors,
    Certain religious ministers,
    And our dear Keep Kaijitsu.
    Did I miss anybody? Ahhhhhh, hmm...

    Agreed with that thought, master Taladron.

    Chief? What files do we have on
    The Foxglove family? And Aldern Foxglove?

    Further, sir...
    Who else do we have
    Besides the local, AHEM, Scarzni
    Who might be well-versed in THAT sorta bladework?

    Hellgirl, thanks for your... insight...
    Clearly, any such adherents o' this Norgorber ninker
    Woulda be underground, perforce. Do we have any might-bes thattaway, sir?"
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2013-12-28 at 08:30 AM.
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    GM post

    It is perhaps a sign of just how tired he is that Sheriff Hemlock merely steps out of the way of Rico's coffee jet with a maddening calm, looking down at the stains on Setsuna's floor before shrugging and doing his best to answer her slew of questions.

    "The Watch is indeed on high alert, though I'm chary of dedicating too much presence at the sawmill. It might freak out the citizens even more, and Mayor Deverin has given explicit instructions that we are to avoid that as best we can at all costs."

    "As for the victims, not everyone has a file. Sergeant Hannah has this idea that maybe our friend Jubrayl Vhiski got tired of having local competition and sent an assassin to take 'em out and show he means business. But he's got no connection that we know of to Banny or Katrine, and the survivor was far too incoherent for us to interrogate - surely you saw as much when transporting him. We've taken Ibor Thorn and Ven Vinder in for questioning, as proximity suspects. But frankly? Ibor's a wreck right now, and while Ven's got a massive temper and hated Banny with a vengeance, I'm not sure he had it in him to kill his own daughter. But perhaps Miss Setsuna would care to tell me more on that subject?" The Sheriff raises an eyebrow in the tiefling's direction.

    "The barn was cordoned off by Constable Dagmar, so I'd say that both places are under lock-down. The first three bodies are still in the Garrison basement and nobody's moved the most recent two. Nobody's stealing anything, and Brother Vosk is coming by shortly to tend to them. But all the same... I'd really rather as few people as possible saw the bodies... or what's left of them. It really wouldn't help with the panic."

    "Harker's from Magnimar, so it'll take us a while to track down his old man. As for the Vinders... yes. They're aware," mutters the Sheriff grimly, his eyes hardening. Clearly, arresting Ven hadn't been the most pleasant or easiest of duties.

    "The Foxgloves? They've no file at all. Not exactly in our jurisdiction either. Sure, there's the family mansion nearly 6 miles out west, but nobody's lived in it for ages. Not after the double suicides of Sir Aldern's parents. Sir Aldern's camped out in the Magnimar family manor with his wife these days." The Sheriff draws the spiral of Pharasma in the air as a warding against bad spirits. "Something of a businessman, or so Voss tells me."

    "Who has that kind of skill with a knife in Sandpoint...? Excepting Chod Bevuk at the meat market, Jubrayl himself, and possibly Miss Allin here? Nobody that I know of. Though I imagine that's hardly a talent on common display," says the Sheriff dryly, giving Red another hard stare.

    "And no, not that we are aware of. If there was as much as a hint of someone worshipping Norgorber in Sandpoint, Father Zantus would be there post-haste to root out the taint. That said, none of us knew that the Chopper was worshipping demons either. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors at night?"
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Setsuna

    At the sheriff's question the tiefling quickly shakes her head, "If it were me who died, maybe, but he would take his own life before he let anyone hurt Shayliss. I assume his other daughter would be the same." Even only speaking to him occasionally was enough figure that much out, especially after last night.

    Noticing Hemlock's glare at Red for a change causes Setsuna to clear her throat and speak up, "I am sure there are several people in town who could wield a knife sufficiently for this without it being common knowledge, even I can use a knife fairly well." Loathe to suggest what is on her mind, the tiefling wraps her tail snugly around her waist before continuing, "But standing around here will get us nowhere. We should go see their bodies...we may be able to find something with magic that the Watch missed."
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    . . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    GM post

    Sheriff Hemlock grunts loudly and sighs. "Aye. I'll take you all to the sawmill now, if you're willing. While the evidence is still... fresh. I suggest you all refrain from breakfast if you've not had the chance yet, and grab any gear you feel you might need. Hand that note to me for safekeeping if you will, Mister Skerlati. I'll wait downstairs." Giving the coffee stains on the floor a severe glance, he raises an eyebrow and grimaces. "Eh, I'll go fetch someone to wipe that off the floor for you, Miss Setsuna. Rico, you need to be more careful where you spit."

    Striding to the door and yanking it open, the Sheriff almost trips over Brin, who is likely still bent over outside.

    Quick! Someone explain Brin's presence! Or Brin can explain herself.

    *****

    Red

    Setsuna coming to her defense surprises Red, causing her to colour up slightly. That was... unexpected. People didn't usually contradict the Sheriff in public. Not even Rico.

    When it becomes clear that this meeting is done, Red goes to Setsuna's side and rests her fingers on the back of the tiefling's wrist, bowing her head to indicate her thanks. Next, she moves to where Sirus is and gives his arm a gentle squeeze - for she can hardly reach his shoulder - smiling at him.

    "...I know you didn't do it. I'll back you up."
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Sirus

    Sirus accepts Red 's assurance with a bow. His eyes look a bit haunted. It is a strange assurance, but assurance nevertheless.

    "Thank you. This is. Valuable. To me."

    When Brin appears magically outside the door, Sirus, ever the faithful Pharasmite, quickly makes a decision.

    "Sister Brin. Welcome. I was. Expecting you. Earlier. Please. Join us. We will. Need. Your spiritual. Guidance. And. Expertise."

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Brin

    "Yes. Sorry for the...uh...delay, Sirus. Had to get some things from my room, then I noticed my boot was untied, and I wound up having to re-lace the whole thing."
    She explains, doing her best not to look too suspicious.

    "But wait, spiritual guidance and expertise? Don't tell me there's been a death. No one bothers to seek a priestess of Pharasma's guidance and expertise on much else." She quickly adds, hoping to take control of the discussion before she can be accused of eavesdropping. "Well, midwifing, I suppose, but usually the Sheriff doesn't rush in and call a private meeting to announce a birth. But that's not really my specialty.

    Anyway, it must be fairly serious if you think I should go. Let's not tarry here, then. "

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground
     
    bcool999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Taladron

    Wishing he had more useful divination spells given the current situation, Taladron closes his spellbook and stores it in his haversack before following the others making sure to take a wide step around the coffee.

    When it appears that Brin will be coming along, Taladron wonders how she would be of help. Then again, her being a cleric of Pharasma might mean she has a good deal of experience with the dead and the circumstances surrounding it.
    Avatar by MeanMrsMustard

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    GM post

    For a moment, Sheriff Hemlock scowls, glancing from Brin to Sirus and back as though seriously contemplating the possibility of Brin being an accomplice and Sirus really having something to do with the whole. The mention that Brin is a priestess of Pharasma seems to settle it though. A bona fide cleric of the Lady of Graves would probably do much more to put the townsfolk at ease.

    His tone is grudging. It's probably a good thing he doesn't know about Brin's failure thus far to pay her bills at the Rusty. "Come then, ma'am. Yes, we have dead people. They are not likely to get deader. Perhaps a touch of the divine in our investigations would not be amiss."

    *****

    It is now about 1100hrs.

    The sawmills lie on the north-east side of town where the Turandarok River runs. As you all walk there, Sheriff Hemlock takes the time to fill you all in with a few more details.

    "Complaints about the sawmill running late into the night had been going on for a while now. Folks living in the area, as you can fancy, don't like falling asleep to the soothing screech and thumps of a functioning logsplitter. Banny'd been ignoring our warnings though, going on about 'loss of profits' and 'maximising resources'. You'd know, Rico - you issued him the fine for disturbing the peace and he'd promised to end things 'fore the first bell next time."

    "According to the neighbours though, the logsplitter noises last night never stopped - went on all the way until we showed up this morning. 'Bout the 8th hour this morning when a couple of irate folks hustled down to Ibor Thorn's house and demand he switch the damn thing off. So off they go to the mill and next thing the waiting neighbours knew, out stumbles Ibor, white as a sheet, clutching folks and mumbling and pleading with someone to fetch the Watch because 'Banny'd been kilt'."

    The Sheriff's imitation of Ibor's thick farmer's accent is cruelly accurate, though he probably intends no malice by it."Well, thanks to that logsplitter, nobody heard aught of cries for help or any signs that something was wrong." Nodding at a couple of passer-bys, the Sheriff sighs bitterly and shielding his eyes, gazes up at a cloudless autumn sky with the sun blazing down. It is going to be a very hot day indeed.

    *****

    Spoiler
    Show
    Skill check rolls made in the OOC

    Perception
    Red (24), Rico (22), Sirus (20), Brin (17), Setsuna (15), Taladron (13)

    Heal
    Taladron (19), Rico (18), Brin (16), Sirus (16), Setsuna (13), Red (5)

    Survival
    Red (26), Sirus (22), Taladron (20), Setsuna (17), Brin (16), Rico (8)

    Knowledge (Arcana) - 23 + 2 = 25
    Highest score: Taladron (23)
    Aid Another: Setsuna (14)

    Knowledge (Religion) - 13 + 2 = 15
    Highest score: Brin (13)
    Aid Another: Taladron (11)


    The crowd outside the mill has grown larger since the Sheriff left, though the looming presence of the dour Sergeant Akhbar and half-dozen more armed watchmen keep them in check and several metres clear off the winding path leading up to the mill. The instant Sheriff Hemlock appears on the scene though, a good portion of the crowd surges towards him, pelting him with frantic questions and demanding to know what exactly is going on.

    The Sheriff has the good sense to wave you all on before turning to handle the worried citizens. Sergeant Akhbar, upon spotting Rico's helmeted form, shouts something to the other watchmen, who move to let you all aside. Apparently, the decision to deputise your group is no secret among the town guards, though some do look questioningly at Brin, as though wondering what this newcomer could possibly be doing here with the goblin heroes.

    Even from the path, the sweet scent of pine and the sharper tang of eucalyptus is palpable in the air. The sawmill, one of Sandpoint's three, is an aging creaking edifice with thick walls and a mossy shingle roof, the crimson and gold banner of House Scarnetti prominently displayed on the wall facing the town. Ahead of you, the path splits, one side running past a wooden pier with loading pulleys to a large waterwheel, and the other leading to your current destination - the entrance to the mill.

    At the mill doors, you find Constable Voss standing guard with a halberd in his hand and a large spotted handkerchief tied around the lower half of his face like a bandit mask. He idly tosses off a salute as you approach. "No one's been by since we got 'ere," he comments in a muffled voice as he moves to let you all enter.

    Those of you who are close enough catch the strong whiff of something herbal coming from Voss's mask as you pass and once you enter the mill, you understand why. Despite the natural scent of fresh-cut lumber, there is an awful overpowering stench of decay in the air - almost enough to make your eyes water, as though an animal had died somewhere and its remains have had several days time to ripen and spill.

    Knowledge (Religion) - Brin and Taladron only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Considering that the deaths supposedly only took place less than half a day ago, there shouldn't be this much stink in the air. This means one of two things - either the murders took place at least more than a week ago (which isn't possible, since Taladron would definitely have seen Katrine running errands for her father at some point), or some form of corporeal undead was in the building only very recently.


    The stench makes it surprisingly hard to catch the metallic smell of dried blood, considering just how much of it has obviously been spilled. The mill interior just next to the door is coated with sawdust strewn with footprints and several dark splashes of blood - it doesn't take a genius to figure out that there some sort of struggle took place here several hours ago.

    Survival checks - Red, Sirus, and Taladron only
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is more than one set of footprints here. Most of them seem to have been made by boots and shoes, but you are able to pick out one set of prints that is not only barefoot, but reeks especially strongly of rotten meat...


    If you carefully step past the mess by the door and around some heavy cast iron machinery, you find yourself face to face with the body of what was presumably the late Banny Harker.

    Most of you are familiar enough with bloodshed and death, but the sight before you might sicken even a Zon-Kuthite. Harker's murderer was apparently pleased to pin the man's spread-eagled naked body to the wall like a drugged frog in a laboratory, driving several of the thick hooks used meant for dragging lumber through the joints of his limbs and neck. The body has been horribly mutilated, with the face carved away and the lower jaw and eyeballs missing entirely. The rest of the body is covered with several deep slashes that go down to the bone - as though some crazed butcher went to work with a cleaver.

    (Indeed, the only clear indication that this body is indeed Banny Harker's is a faded tattoo of a raven in flight on the hip - the bird's head now separated from the body by a particularly deep gash. Those of you who've met him before might recall the man bragging and showing it off while drinking, claiming that it'd been done by a Harrow reader and that it'd bring him good fortune at work.)

    Everyone passed the Perception check
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can see why Sheriff Hemlock might have thought this was the work of cultists. Among the flaps of loose skin and gobbets of hanging flesh on the chest of the body is a vague familiar sunburst-like pattern.

    You also find Banny's eyeballs. They're lying some distance away on a patch of straw, staring into nothing, and look horribly like a child's stray marbles.

    Knowledge (Arcana) - Taladron and Setsuna only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Setsuna takes a while longer to figure it out but glancing at Taladron, who has already identified the pattern, confirms her thoughts. Banny's chest bears a crudely hacked version of the Sihedron Rune - the very same rune found beneath the Glassworks and at Thistletop. It is also currently found on the amulet that Taladron took from Nualia.


    Heal checks - Taladron, Brin, Rico, and Sirus only
    Spoiler
    Show
    You notice on Harker's body that there are several smaller and more ragged gashes running along his neck and arms that don't appear to have been made by a chopping weapon. Given their size and length, it would seem that these gashes were made by a human-sized hand or claw with five fingers.


    For a moment, some of you might wonder where Katrine's body is in all this mess. Those of you who decide to examine a nearby chute in the wall where the logs are fed into the logsplitter need wonder no more. Much of the chute is slick with blood and a quick glance down into the basement pit where the riven logs fall once they have been sawn up into firewood reveals what is left of poor Katrine - that is to say, not much. There's a recognisable hand, several mangled chunks of flesh, and most of a ruined dinner dress embroidered with Mrs Vinder's distinctive lace pattern left. The lot would probably fill a small box.

    Judging from the strands of dark hair glued to the now still rotating saw blades of the logsplitter, Katrine probably died instantly. Whether she fell into the chute or was pushed is impossible to say.
    Last edited by maggie_mcknife; 2013-12-30 at 02:33 PM.
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Sirus

    Sius eye water and for a moment it seems he is crying. But he perseveres and goes very thoroughly around the mess. He becomes paler and paler as the time passes, but he finishes his examination. Upon regrouping he says

    "This is. The work. Of a sick person. The bodies. Have been clawed. Before death. And there are. Tracks. Of more than. Boots and sandals.Barefoot tracks. reeking of rotten death."

    Unfortunately, Sirus points as he speaks.

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Setsuna

    The tiefling merely smiles at Red as if to say no thanks were necessary before following the group out of the room and to the sawmill.

    ***

    Once there however, she does everything she can to hold back the bile rising in her throat. Noticing the stench of undeath, Setsuna speaks up at Sirus' mention of the barefoot tracks and nods her head, "What ever did this must be some kind of undead...but I do not understand why it mutilated their bodies..."

    Not having the stomach to look at what's left of Katrine, the magus looks over the less disturbing Banny and with a glance to Taladron to confirm, recognizes the Sihedron carved onto him. "This is...not good. This is the Sihedron rune we found in the catacombs and Thistletop, the Runelords' symbol." Pausing and thinking about what all they had found in those locations she frowns and starts to look worried, "I think that...whatever did this, I think we might have let it out. There were stairways in the catacombs that were caved in, and there may have been secret pathways in Thistletop that we did not find. We could have cleared the way for something to get out..."

    With the thought that she might be partially responsible for this, the foul odor of death in the air, and catching sight of both Harker's body and Katrine's remains at the same time, Setsuna is pushed well beyond her threshold for maintaining a detached, professional appearance and force her to use a nearby pillar to support herself to keep from falling to the floor, spared from reexamining her breakfast only by the virtue of not having eaten it yet.
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    . . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground
     
    bcool999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Taladron

    Taladron at first is affected by the smell just as his companions are, but anger quickly washes away the stench. If there are undead involved than that means magic, but not just any magic... Seeing Setsuna struggling Taladron walks over and lays a hand on her shoulder. "I don't think we let anything out Setsuna... The guards or goblins would have seen, and even so I doubt any intelligent undead would announce itself so blatantly or leave the note linked to Sirus, and mindless undead would have no reason to leave their tomb or make this symbol. Not unless they were led, and that unfortunately leads to the news we may have to tell the sheriff." Taladron turns to the others. "There could very well be a Necromancer in Sandpoint."

    Taladron lets that sink in for a moment before continuing. The only bright side I see from this is that it may help narrow down suspects. Anyone with magical training either divine or arcane is possible, but also anyone who may have access to certain magic items that grant the user control of undead. I think the former is more likely but best not rule anything out. The Sihedron may also help, the amount of Thassilonian relics lying about could make knowledge of it coincidental, but somehow I doubt someone with no knowledge of it and it's history would carve it into someone's flesh. Especially with the apparent increase of interest in Thassilonian remnants from such people like Nualia." Temporarily forgetting that Nualia may still be a touchy subject around Setsuna, Taladron realizes his potential faux pas only after speaking.
    Avatar by MeanMrsMustard

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Brin

    The stench hits Brin like a hay-maker, sending her head twisting to the side in a vain attempt to escape. But there was no escape. She was going in, and that was that. The smell could only mean one thing, and it was one thing that demanded her attention above all others. About the only thing that could force her to enter that noisome chamber without taking time to acquire a perfumed handkerchief. Undead. It is a good thing I came along.

    She nods as Setsuna and Taladron come to the same conclusion. "There may be a necromancer, but perhaps not in Sandpoint itself." She adds to the wizard's comments. "It would be difficult to disguise the stench in close quarters. They'd have to keep their...abominations somewhere far from prying noses. An outlying farm, a large estate, or a particularly noisome business--like a tannery."

    She looks over the bodies--or scraps, in Katrine's case--trying hard to maintain her the composure expected of a Pharasmin in such circumstances. The gore didn't bother her terribly, but the smell was something else entirely. Breathing through the mouth only made her feel like gagging. "I cannot speak to what might or might not have been in Thistletop. I've only heard a few rumors and the brief explanation you gave last night. What do you know of this 'Sihedron'? Is it connected to necromancy?"

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Sirus

    Sirus takes a moment to ponder, his face much better now that he is away from the dead.


    "We are. Being hasty. Let us. Gather the facts.

    This was. An undead attack. It was also. Cruel in a. Calculating way. And. Whoever planned this. Knows me.

    The sihedron. And the. Connection to Skinsaw. Are alarming. Last time. There were. These kinds. Of events. Here. They were. From someone. Nobody expected.

    So it happened. With Nualia.

    But. Why now? Why do. The sihedrons. Keep appearing? Did someone. New arrive. At the town? Was someone. Affected in some way?

    Do the sihedrons. And the evil god. Have a connection? Did they? With Nualia?"

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Red

    The smell is awful and so is the sight of Banny and Katrine's bodies, but Red pushes the instinct to gag and choke away with a sellsword's practiced discipline. She'd seen worse. Smelt stuff that was almost as bad. Retching and tears could wait for later. Besides, having grown up in a hovel, she'd learnt that if you didn't think about how nasty something smelt, you stopped noticing it in a minute or so.

    "Maybe... Mister Quink is the neck-romancer? He knows a lot... about the rune." She suggests tentatively, stroking the small of Setsuna's back in the hope that the tiefling would feel less queasy. Otherwise, she listens to the others discuss the possibilities in silence, their voices fading into a drone as she stares fixedly at the blood-caked sawdust by the door.

    Bare footprints. Whatever had killed Banny and Katrine hadn't worn shoes. Why? Was that so it would have made less noise? But Setsuna and Taladron thought that it'd been done by something undead. Did the undead not wear shoes? Maybe it'd been a skeleton. But skeletons wouldn't have left that sort of footprint...

    The murderer had been smelly. But there'd been no smell outside the sawmill, on their way up the path. Why? Did the murderer have the ability to stop being smelly? Surely someone or something that stank so bad would have been found by now. Sandpoint wasn't that big. Maybe the neck-romancer was hiding in the Junkyard, since that was the smelliest place in town.

    It was all very, very confusing.

    Blinking hard, Red shakes herself out her stupor and looks around the floor of the sawmill that they are on. If only they could figure out how the smelly undead murderer had gotten into the sawmill. Then maybe they'd have a better clue. After all, the first thing any thief did when trying to break into a place was to find a safe way in and a safe way out. But there weren't any other footprints to be seen...

    *****

    GM post

    It is a distinctly unnerving situation to be talking like this at a crime scene with the dead man's eyeballs watching you from across the room. Some of you might perhaps make the attempt to look anywhere but at the wall where Banny's body hangs, and some of you, swallowing the bile rising in your throat, might try searching the sawmill in an attempt to see if there is anything else of note.

    Perception checks - Everyone except Taladron
    Spoiler
    Show
    Looking down into the pit where the firewood and Katrine's body is, you notice a handaxe lying amidst the wood splints, with blood on the handle and its gleaming blade spattered with something stringy. Perhaps that is the weapon that was used to mutilate Harker?

    Should any of you wish to retrieve the axe for a closer look, there are two ways of doing so - either take the 10 foot drop through the hole in the floor to land on the firewood (a successful Acrobatics check means no damage taken), or leave the mill and take the back entrance by the pier in.
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Miraqariftsky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Though Rico's nose wrankles
    The scent is but naught,
    She'd seen worse.
    Then turns at what Brin's words wrought---

    "Close yet far. A converted manor.
    An'... noisy enough. Unholy enough, mayhap?
    Habe's Sanitorium might be wot we're lookin' fer.

    Capitan, request permission to mosey on down there
    An' conduct, let's say... a safety an' sanitation investigation?

    Ma'am Brin, you ask of the Sihedrons?
    As our resident scholars'd attest,
    They're symbols of power of the long dead
    Empire of Thassilon. Turns out, our civilization
    Right here, right now, grew outta their ashes.
    Supposed ta symbolize the seven virtues o' kingship
    Or somesuch... Then they's got corrupted."


    Rico, then turns to Sirus and says,
    "Brother Sirus, care ta do the honour
    At retrievin' that axe, that there evidence?"
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2013-12-31 at 09:43 AM.
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Sirus

    Sirus nods and jumps lithely down the hole. Before taking hold of the axe with a piece of cloth, careful not to touch the bloodied parts, he takes a very good look around.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Acrobatics (1d20+9)[16]
    Perception (1d20+9)[29]

    EDIT: Really! Sirus is very perceptive today. Maggie, doesn't he deserve something for this two 20s? A hinty hint?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •