Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 1684
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    GM post

    The axe that Sirus has retrieved absolutely reeks of rotting flesh. Given the grayish state of the shreds clinging to its blade, you might guess that the axe was likely to have been used on whatever undead creature it was that attacked Banny and Katrine. Unless undead bleed though, the blood on the handle probably belongs to either of the victims.

    *****

    The pit is too high to climb out of unless someone throws a rope down to Sirus, so it makes much more sense for Sirus to clamber over to the door leading to the outside so that he can find his way back upstairs.

    The sawmill was built on the edge of a sloping bank. So when Sirus opens the door of the pit, he finds himself on the loading pier at the back, facing the swift waters of the Turandarok River. From here, he only has to walk down the other path that goes around the waterwheel and back to the front door where you all came in.

    Sirus is about to return to the rest of you when he spots something interesting - a set of barefoot prints leading from one end of the pier to the mill itself, the mud already starting to crack and dry under the noon sun.

    Perhaps it is the light of the sun sparkling on the waters. Perhaps it is the sudden twitter of startled birds. As Sirus bends to have a closer look at the prints, he catches out of the corner of his eye a hunched figure in a black cloak moving back into the tall reed grass growing on the marshy bank, 50 feet away.

    There is someone watching the mill from the other side of the river.
    Last edited by maggie_mcknife; 2013-12-31 at 03:42 PM.
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Sirus

    Sirus gets ready to collect the axe in all its gruesomeness, when his subconscious suddenly outs together and makes him look over the river.

    There. There it is.

    Stopping to ponder the footprint, he internally debates what to do. If it wasn't for the river, he could overtake it. But now?

    Sirus decides. He goes back the way he came, the axe in hand. The moment he gets in sight of the others, he almost runs to them.

    Tracks. In the pier. Whatever it is. It came. Through the river.

    And. It. Is. Still. There. Watching.

    We must. Move. At once. At least. Track it. Move!

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Setsuna

    Hearing Sirus' alert that whatever did this was nearby is enough to focus the nauseous tiefling long enough to ignore both the sight and smell down in the pit with the half-orc as she leaps down to join him. I have to stop it, I can't let it do this to anyone else!

    Whispering urgently, loud enough to be heard by the party but not anyone much further away, she rushes to the exit looking for the thing Sirus mentioned at the river. "I will go after it, I should be able to catch whatever it is and slow it down!"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Acrobatics to jump down the pit (1d20+11)[29] (rolled in dice thread)

    Perception to spot the whatever (1d20+1)[16]

    If she finds it, run/charge!
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    . . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Sirus

    "Desril. No. Think. You will. Not. Be able. To cross. The river. And catch. It. Before. It. Disappears.

    Better. To leave. And. Go around. And track it. Back. To where. It came from."

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Red

    Slightly alarmed at the news that there is a watcher on the other side of the bank, Red bites the corner of her lip. If whatever was watching was really a neck-romancer... (Was it anything like that horrible flying monster that kissed people on the neck?)

    "Mister Sirus. We don't know... what it is. Marsh... is not good for fighting. We should... circle around. Leave town and run up the road. We could... cut it off."
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground
     
    bcool999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Taladron

    Upon hearing Sirus's revelation that a suspect may be watching in the wings, Taladron stops to think how they might go about apprehending whoever it is without letting them slip away into the marsh. When Setsuna makes her declaration to charge after it before leaping down the chute, Taladron realizes they may have to be content with chasing after. Why does she charge ahead without giving a single thought to the consequences? I helped her learn those new spells so I know she is smarter than that! At least she actually has her sword with her this time.

    Suppressing his ire at the Tiefling's actions, Taladron heads out the front door and confronts the guard stationed there. "You! Run and get Shalelu if you can. We may need her skill at tracking. If the sheriff asks, tell him that someone has placed a watcher on the mill. Go!" Taladron says as he continues on his way down to the pier.

    Upon reaching the pier, Taladron attempts to spot whoever it was that Sirus had seen. His sharp elven eyes manage to catch a glimpse of movement in the reeds and he quickly opens his spell component pouch and removes from it a carefully stored spider web. Holding the spider web in one hand, he uses his index finger of the other to trace the fine strands of spider silk as he mumbles an incantation. When his finger reaches the center of the web a quick flash of silver light sparks from it to the web and the web disappears. Raising his still glowing finger, Taladron points it at the reeds where the stranger is and releases the pent up arcane energy. Instantly, the area where Taladron saw the watcher is filled with thickly layered webbing.

    Casting complete, Taladron turns to the others and says, "That should hold whoever it is for a little bit, or longer if we are lucky."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Web. DC 18 Reflex or the whoever it is is grappled (they can break free with a DC 18 Combat maneuver check or escape artist check). The web is in a 20ft radius centered around the person. The web counts as difficult terrain and anyone trying to move through it must make a combat maneuver check or escape artist check as a part of that movement (DC 18 still) or become grappled in the next web filled square.
    Avatar by MeanMrsMustard

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    GM post

    Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex save: (1d20)[7]
    CMB: (1d20+4)[17]


    Voss, gormless as ever, clutches his halberd and calls plaintively after Taladron, remaining right where he is - "But Miss Andosana took off more'n four days ago! She's prob'ly halfway to Fogscar by now!"

    As soon as Taladron casts his spell, the reeds on the opposite bank begin to shake violently - as though something within them is thrashing about, trying to get out.
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Miraqariftsky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Beaten to the punch by her swifter comrades,
    Rico wastes no breath with questions
    Or with mindless cursing
    Scrambles with shield
    And with sword

    "Sir! In pursuit!
    Tal! Good work!"


    Her straps secured,
    The darkwood tableshield braced,
    The broad-bladed, wave-edged sword held ready
    Rico takes off down the bank, going around, safe but sure

    "HALT! IN THE NAME OF THE LAW!"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Prepping tableshield and That Sword.
    Going around, flanking the bogey with Setsuna.
    Intimidate, if still applicable (1d20+6)[16]
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Setsuna

    In response to Sirus the tiefling says back, "It will be faster to cross than go around, and if we scare it it will not be able to hide its tracks as well even if it escapes." With Taladron's spell serving as a signal for her own actions, Setsuna rushes to the river's edge and casts a newly learned magic of her own, leaving a trail of rainbow colored after-images behind her as she cuts the distance between herself and the other side of the river in half.

    Unfortunately, the sudden shift from flying over the water to swimming through it is enough to disorient the novice swimmer and prevent her from moving further right away.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Swim [13]

    Next round will be a full-round Swim and a QRS to get another move.
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    . . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Brin

    The elven cleric's surprise at Setsuna's uncanny burst of speed turns into a chuckle as the tiefling flounders in the river. Brin does her best to stifle it before it turns into full fledged laughter--this was serious business, after all--but it isn't easy.

    Still smiling, she unshoulders her bow and sets an arrow to the string, angling for a clear shot as the others sprint to the opposite bank of the river. Can't go around shooting arrows into every suspicious character you run across.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to draw her bow, possibly another move action to find a clear shot

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Sirus

    Sirus watches in despair as Setsuna again does an unexpected maneuver. She did not even tie a rope in her waist. He could not follow, he knew, since he knew next to nothing about swimming.

    Sirus thus starts after Rico, taking his strange half steps that somehow make him almost fly over the ground.

    Spoiler
    Show
    So, Run action, which means 5x40=200 ft per round to go around.

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Red

    Red blinks in surprise as Setsuna suddenly appears over the middle of the river before keeling in with a loud splash. There was a reason people didn't swim in the Turandarok... if only she'd just asked, Red would have told her so.

    Still, Setsuna seems quite safe from drowning for the moment. Flashing the tiefling a grin and a quick wave, Red jogs after Rico and Sirus, going a little slower so as to be able to better spot anything else suspicious on the road.

    *****

    GM post

    The sudden splash and Rico's bellow startle the small crowd gathered at the foot of the path to the mill, many of whom murmur and stare in confusion as those of you running to the bridge speed by. Even Sheriff Hemlock cannot help but give Rico an odd look as she pounds past, though he is careful to keep his voice even and calm.

    "What is going on? Do you need back up?"

    *****

    Brin and Taladron

    On the opposite bank, the grass continues to be tussled and rustled by some unseen person. You cannot see the one causing the ruckus, but perhaps with some guesswork and careful observation, one might be able to approximate roughly where the culprit is.

    On the pier, Voss the watchman has tiptoed up to peer surreptitiously over Taladron's shoulder. "Issere something o'er there? Whaddya catch?" he asks, too curious to be alarmed at the prospect of a suspect.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Take penalties for a target with cover if either of you choose to attack.


    *****

    Setsuna

    The waters of the Turandarok River are icy cold, despite it still being autumn. This close to the mouth of the ocean, the fast-flowing water is bitter and salty. You cannot feel the bottom of the river from where you are, but about 20 or so feet away, the reeds look sturdy enough for you to use to pull yourself up to the bank... if you can swim to them against the current.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Swim DC 15 - unchanged


    *****

    Rico and Sirus and Red

    You sprint down the street leading to Sandpoint's South-east gate, the thud of your boots on the thick lumber bridge causing several citizens to turn and glance after you with much concern.

    The path outside of Sandpoint consists of a well-worn dirt track and an occasional wagon-rut or two. But as you approach the area opposite the sawmill, you note with some concern that the marshy ground is soft and yielding underfoot. Between pushing your way through the clumps of wild reeds and not getting your boots stuck in the mud, you won't be able to move as quickly here.

    You can't quite see the person caught in the web - he or she must have fallen down while trying to get loose. Still, you're pretty sure you know where this watcher is, based on the vigorous movement of the reeds. If only you could get a little closer...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Difficult Terrain - 1/2 speed movement penalty
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Sirus

    Sirus arrives at the scene just seconds after a very wet Setsuna. He tries as best as he can to jump over rough patches of ground. When he finally finds himself near the culprit, he cries out.

    " Do. Not. Move. Show. Yourself."
    Spoiler
    Show

    Acrobatics, if applicable, to cross the terrain (1d20+11)[21]
    Intimidate (1d20+11)[26]

    Ready action to attack if someone makes a threatening move.

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Miraqariftsky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Catching her own rising voice,
    Rico replies to her chief,
    Timing her words
    Between
    Pounding
    Boots

    "Sir. Pursuit. Possible witness. Or suspect. Or person of interest. Was seen actively. Monitoring. The crime scene."

    Squelching through the morass,
    She grimaces as she spots
    Setsuna floundering
    Prays relief
    That she's
    Making it

    "Hellgirl. Take it easy. Don't. Drown."

    Shield and sword still ready
    She nods at Red
    And Sirus
    To flank

    Tensed, waiting to see
    What the bogey might be
    Beyond the shadow, beyond the mire
    Getting to it, bootsquelch by bootsquelch...
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Setsuna

    Floundering and sputtering in the water, Setsuna spends far longer than she should trying to keep herself above the river's surface, only managing to shout out a response to Rico without drowning after the half-orc had already taken off, "I am fine, go!"

    Taking a moment to right herself, the tiefling spots the reeds and makes her way toward them as best she can, the water around her heating up with a momentary flash of flame that gives her a boost of speed necessary to not only reach the reeds, but to pull herself on shore as well. Despite the back of her mind bemoaning the situation, Setsuna keeps her focus on circumventing the magical strands of sticky webs and flanking whoever or whatever it was that had been watching them. I really need to stop relying on this thing!

    "It is over, you can not get away, just surrender!"


    Spoiler
    Show

    Burning QRS for triple-movement
    Double move Swim check to get to the shore [22]
    Move around the web to flank the target with the party.

    ...Intimidate? (1d20+7)[11] (Not sure if I actually can use this, but I just like rolling if given half a chance )
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    . . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground
     
    bcool999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Taladron

    "Looks like we caught something or someone who had been told to watch the mill... That or we caught some bumpkin who was too curious for his own good." Taladron says ignoring the fact that many would believe this guard to be a bumpkin as well. "I suppose I should head over there and drop the spell so we can find out who it is. Coming Brin?" With that Taladron heads over to join the others grimacing as he gets mud on his robes. Going to have to cantrip that out later.
    Avatar by MeanMrsMustard

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Brin

    Yes, it seems they have the watcher surrounded, even if it could escape your spell. We might as well be there for the interrogation, if there's to be one. She replies, jogging for the bridge. Despite her apparent confidence in the abilities of her new friends to subdue their target, she keeps her bow strung and in-hand.

    Brin slows as she reached the marsh, picking here way through as best she could to avoid the worst of it. "Care for a wager? I'll give two-to-one that we've netted ourselves a local out fishing for crayfish."

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    GM post

    While Sirus hops neatly from tussock to tussock, the rest take slightly longer to squelch their way through the reeds. The reeds, having never been trimmed, reach halway up Rico's chest and almost prevent Red from seeing anything at all. For Setsuna, the grass and their empty seed pods are uncomfortably prickly on her bare skin, her sopping wet hakama and waraji dragging at her legs with each step.

    For all the shouting and posturing going on, the figure in the black cloak does not respond, merely continuing to flail about. You have already approached as close as you can without stepping into the patch of reeds bound together in thick silken webbing and are wondering what to do next when a corner of the figure's cloak catches on a reed, pulling the hood aside and affording those of you present a horrifying glimpse of the visage within.

    The reason why the figure could not respond to your summons is because most of its flesh has long since rotted off its neck. Upon spotting you, a thin hoarse rattle rises from the zombie's throat. Arms outstretched, it tries to tear itself free of the webs to shamble towards you.

    *****

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sirus: (1d20+4)[23]
    Setsuna: (1d20+4)[14]
    Rico: (1d20+1)[5]
    Red: (1d20+5)[15]
    Taladron: (1d20+5)[12]
    Brin: (1d20+4)[23]

    Zombie Lord: (1d20+3)[19]


    Initiative Order:
    > 23 - Sirus
    23 - Brin
    19 - Zombie Lord
    15 - Red
    12 - Taladron
    14 - Setsuna
    4 - Rico


    It is now Sirus's turn.

    Note: Knowledge (religion) DC 11 to know that Zombies have DR/ slashing. Also, Brin and Taladron are currently NOT on the scene. (Assume they are 1 round's worth of running away.) Perception DC 14 to realise that something is wrong and run faster if you want to attack on the end of your turn from the edge of the map!


    *****

    Battle Map
    Last edited by maggie_mcknife; 2014-01-04 at 08:09 AM.
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Sirus
    HP 26 AC 21


    Sirus' nose, curiously, is the first to identify the enemy, even before his eyes register the image.

    Death. Corpse. An undead!

    Sirus gets ready to spring himself into the web, but at the last minute he stops himself. No point in doing that. The thing is trapped already. He instead prefers to wait.

    Caution! We have. A trapped. Undead. Here. Use. Ranged weapons.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, Sirus eternal foil, ranged combat. He will hold action for his more capable ranged friends to appear. No sense in jumping on the web, to make an entagled zombie prone.

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground
     
    bcool999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Taladron
    AC 13 HP 25/25


    Looking ahead into the marsh, Taladron notices that something is wrong with their captive... something he can't quite put his finger on at this distance. Nevertheless, he picks up his pace. "Brin. I think something is wrong, we shouldn't be dragging our feet."

    Upon arriving at the scene Taladron can see what was bothering him at a distance and he nose only confirms his sight. A zombie... perhaps the same that slew those in the mill sent to watch by it's master? "Blades will work best against this undead, but perhaps we can question it?" Taladron moves so that he has a semi clear view of the undead. "Are you intelligent? Or just a mindless husk? If you do have the power of speech, reveal your master to us!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to F4 as I said OOC and I will try to communicate this round and then burning hands the next so get ready.
    Last edited by bcool999; 2014-01-04 at 05:39 PM.
    Avatar by MeanMrsMustard

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Setsuna
    AC 18
    HP 28


    Realizing that the cloaked figure is an undead, the tiefling wastes no more energy trying to talk to it, instead only readying Maethilur and waiting, not wanting to risk getting entangled in the web surrounding the corpse.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Delaying until the web clears up, if it catches fire, she'll brave the flames. It'll help dry her off at least
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    . . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Brin
    AC 18
    HP 21/21


    "You're right about that." Brin huffs, quickening her pace to join the others around what is obviously a zombie. She readies her bow again, out of habit, though she knows it won't be of much use against this unfeeling, unbleeding abomination.

    Yes. Talk, if you can. She thinks, not trusting herself to parlay convincingly with the undead. Not that it will change your fate, thing.

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    GM post

    Sirus is holding action.

    *****

    Brin arrives on the scene.

    *****

    Zombie Lord / Taladron arrives on the scene and tries talking to the zombie.

    Spoiler
    Show
    CMB to break loose: (1d20+7)[14]


    Given the ragged hole in the zombie's throat, it is difficult to tell whether the zombie is trying to give an answer or not. Certainly, it seems to increase its exertions when Taladron speaks, rolling clouded grey eyes in his direction and rattling even more furiously than ever as it tries to lift its feet from the ground to no avail.

    *****

    Red
    HP: 36/36
    AC 20


    Spoiler
    Show
    Readied action - attack once the webbing goes off.


    Blades? Ranged weapons? Then which should she... Red wavers for a moment, confused by the conflicting instructions by Sirus and Taladron.

    Perhaps she could try throwing her kukri. But if she missed, her precious knives would go flying into the river beyond - and who knew if she'd find them again after that?

    Baring her teeth, Red finally reaches for her kukris, drawing comfort from the familiar smoothness of the horn handles. She glances at Rico out of the corner of her eye. She'd worked with her friend long enough to have an inkling of how these things went. "... Do we... kill it? Or is it... evidence? That we should bring back?"

    *****

    Setsuna is delaying an action.

    *****

    Initiative Order:
    23 - Sirus
    23 - Brin
    19 - Zombie Lord
    15 - Red
    12 - Taladron
    14 - Setsuna
    > 4 - Rico


    It is now Rico's turn.


    *****

    Battle Map
    Last edited by maggie_mcknife; 2014-01-05 at 09:58 AM.
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Brin
    AC 18
    HP 21/21


    "Kill it? It's already dead." Brin replies to Red. "We put it back down in a way that preserves as much evidence as possible. Maybe someone will recognize its face, or clothing, or something in its pockets." She shakes her head at Taladron, guessing what his next move might be.

    Unless someone stops her, she advances to the edge of the web spell with left hand extended, presenting the indigo spiral tattooed on her palm. "Lady of Grave, purge this unfortunate of necromancy." She cries, summoning forth a lavender pulse of light that strikes the zombie like a physical blow.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to G5, channel to harm undead:

    (2d6)[7] damage, DC 14 Will save for half

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    GM post

    Turn turn turn turn turn...

    The situation is vaguely ridiculous as all of you stare at the zombie wriggling about in the webs, none of you willing to venture close lest you entangle yourselves in the sticky goo. The zombie, for its part, struggles all the harder to extricate itself, tearing wildly at the pliant reeds round it for leverage.

    *****

    Zombie Lord

    Spoiler
    Show
    Will save: (1d20+12)[13] (includes +4 Channel Resistance) - failed

    CMB to break loose: (1d20+7)[27] - successful
    And again: (1d20+7)[20] - successful


    When Brin steps forth to smite the rotting corpse with Pharasmin light, the creature's body shudders as though struck squarely on the chest with some invisible sledgehammer, the light pulse scorching away and disintegrating the grey putrid flesh.

    Her attack seems to enrage the zombie further, however, if it is indeed possible for the undead to feel anger at all. Moaning louder than ever, it lashes its body from side to side with such force that it actually manages to tear itself loose of the magical webbing, stumbling free with a burbling squelch into the mud.

    For a zombie, this one doesn't seem very impeded by stiffened limbs or the fact that it was trussed up just scant seconds ago. Without hesitation, the zombie lumbers towards Brin and Taladron with frightening speed, a relentless green light glowing in its watery eyes.

    *****

    New Initiative Order due to held/ readied actions:
    23 - Brin
    19 - Zombie Lord
    > 23 - Sirus
    15 - Red
    14 - Setsuna
    4 - Rico
    12 - Taladron


    It is now Sirus's turn.


    *****

    Battle Map
    Last edited by maggie_mcknife; 2014-01-06 at 11:47 AM.
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Sirus
    AC 21 HP 26


    Sirus was ready when the thing lurched forward. He springs into action, calling in the inner energies he has struggled all these weeks to master. With one step, he is close and starts delivering sweeping kicks, punches and claw-like hits.

    Spoiler
    Show
    5ft step to get near the zombie. Using one ki point to add one FoB attack
    FoB trip attack (1d20+14)[15]
    If successful, VS (1d20+7)[22] dmg (1d8+5)[6]

    If unsuccessful, second FoB trip attack (1d20+14)[30]
    If successful or already tripped, VS (1d20+7)[26] dmg (1d8+5)[13]

    If unsuccessful, third FoB trip attack (1d20+14)[33]
    If successful or already tripped, VS (1d20+7)[16] dmg (1d8+5)[11]

    It seems to me that the second trip must have worked. I don't know if the third attack connected.

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground
     
    bcool999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Taladron
    AC 13 25/25 Hp


    Giving off a surprised yelp as the zombie who he thought was secured was suddenly right in front of him, Taladron makes a hasty retreat before dismissing the now hindering web. He also takes a moment to grab a scroll from his haversack while his allies close in on the zombie.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Well the web was nice while it lasted...
    5ft. Step back and to the right (i7)
    Standard: Dismiss the web.
    Move: Pull out ye old scroll of grease.
    Avatar by MeanMrsMustard

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Setsuna
    HP 28
    AC 18


    Seeing the walking corpse break free of the webbing and charge toward her more magically inclined companions, Setsuna charges toward it only to find herself stumbling and sliding through the wet marshlands at a significantly slower pace than she'd intended.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Double move to get to G4 and flank with Brin/whoever moves to where Taladron was.
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    . . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Brin
    AC 18
    HP 21/21


    Brin lets out a nervous breath as Sirius streaks in, upending the surprisingly spry zombie just as it got into striking range. Too close. Best not to let it get back up. She reaches down with her tattoed hand, nearly touching the thing as she asks Pharasma for a second burst of cleansing light.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Channel again. (2d6)[3] damage, DC 14 Will for half

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Miraqariftsky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Rico
    HP 36/36
    AC 18/20
    Rage I, 1/7


    Spitting curses at the bog sucking at her boots,
    Rico makes a mighty ruckus crossing
    That little patch of marsh

    "Tal! Brin!
    FALL BACK.
    DUN LEDDIT GET Y"ALL."


    Squelching with every stride,
    Darkwood shield forward, curved sword high
    The armoured juggernaut of the Law
    Reaches the abomination with a grunt and a slash

    Spoiler
    Show

    Str +6 BAB +4 Weapon +1 PA -1 Flank +2
    Str +6 Weapon +1 PA +2

    (1d20+12)[15]
    *(Banked roll from earlier: 9/10 on 1d10) damage= 18
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •