Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 1684
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Setsuna
    HP 28
    AC 18


    Hearing Pidget's words, Setsuna shakes her head. "This is not some sword that can be replaced. I can not give her to you. I can find you another sword though, if you get back in your room."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Diplomacy? (1d20+9)[26]
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    . . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

  2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Brin
    21 HP
    18 AC


    "Don't run either, or I'll...Oh hells" Brin has some choicer words for herself as the arrow dives into the Doctor's chest and he falls limply down the stair.

    Trusting the other two to handle the furry patient, Brin rushes down the stairs after the fallen man, hoping that he wasn't entirely dead yet. Didn't mean to kill him, and shot in the back. Not smart. Not smart at all.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I know he's dead of course, but Brin didn't really want to kill him. Oops.

  3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    GM post

    Setsuna and Pidgit

    Spoiler
    Show
    Will Save: (1d20+3)[15] - failed


    Pidgit continues to gaze longingly at Maethilur, a muscle in his skinny neck jumping. For a moment, it seems as though he might leap for the sword again. But something in Setsuna's voice seems to worm its way through to his addled brain, causing him to bob his head up and down repeatedly like a broken toy on a spring.

    "Sword. Sword sword swordswordswordsword wooooo... " There is definitely something satisfied about Pidgit's whiskered expression as he hugs his knees and proceeds to obediently roll himself back into his room head-over-heels like a ball.

    Are you really going to give him another sword? Maethilur's voice remains piqued. I admit that there is risk in leaving a lunatic alone with a blade, but you did make him a promise and he seems quite capable of the occasional logical exchange.

    *****

    Combat upstairs is over. Initiative ends.

    *****

    Brin and Rico

    Brin and Rico meet on the stairs, the surly constable grinding her teeth at the sight of the body and huffing in disappointment when she presses stubby fingers to his neck for a pulse and finds none. So much for a lead.

    "Eh-HRM. Unprovoked attack, wassit? Sicc'd patients on ye, obstructing the course o' justice?"

    *****

    New Event

    Taladron and Red

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception:
    Red: (1d20+7)[19] - just passed, phew
    Taladron: (1d20+2)[14] - failed

    Stealth:
    z1: (1d20+11)[20]
    Z2: (1d20+11)[18]
    Z3: (1d20+11)[31]
    Z4: (1d20+11)[22]

    STR checks:
    Red: (1d20+3)[21]
    Z1: (1d20+4)[15]


    The meaty thump of what can only be a body hitting the floor above is unsettling enough, never mind the defeaning silence that follows the end of the fighting, leaving Red and Taladron with nothing to do but exchange uneasy looks. The eeriely clean and tidy workroom certainly doesn't help to make you feel any better, nor does the lingering odour of brimstone in the still air.

    Red is about to call out to Rico and ask what is going on when she catches the subtle creak of floorboards and the tell-tale whirr and muffled clicking of lock counterweights. Before she can quite figure out what is going on, suddenly, much to her horror, the previously locked door suddenly begins to swing open outwards, pushed by some unseen force.

    Without thinking, Red immediately leaps and slams her shoulder hard against the door, shoving it shut once more. Feeling the scrabble and protest of powerful hands on the other side, she lowers her head and braces with her legs, pushing back while frantically glancing at Taladron.

    "Get the others. Hurry." Red practially whispers the words, her gaze stricken and her voice choked with surging fear.

    *****

    Perception DC 13 to hear the door slam downstairs and to realise something is still wrong.

    We are not yet in combat. But we will be in two rounds time.
    Last edited by maggie_mcknife; 2014-01-27 at 11:29 PM.
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Brin

    Looks down at Rico as the guards-woman checks the body. She gives a tight frown when Rico confirms what Brin was feared. Another dead lead. Shouldn't have happened that way. Killing a man with a shot in the back, without figuring out why he was act so strange.

    But self recriminations could wait. "Ayup." Brin replies, struggling to master her nerves. "Loosed one of the loonies on Setsuna and ran. Drew a bead on him and told him to freeze, but he wouldn't listen..."

    Then the dull sharp thud of a slamming door echoes up the stairwell. "What was that? More madmen escaping?" Brin leaps over Habes's limp form and heads down the stairs towards the noise.

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Setsuna

    Slowly shutting the door after Pidgit goes inside she tells him through it in a voice that's attempting to sound soothing, "Now wait right here Pidgit, I will go find you a sword that you can keep with you. But if you try to leave, you will not get it, understand? You have to wait for me to come back in your room."

    If the door can be locked, Setsuna does so before walking over toward the stairs, muttering to Maethilur once out of earshot. "I promised him a sword, not a sharpened one. Lycanthropes are dangerous even without weapons, a dull sword will do no harm that his claws could not."

    "I think Pidgit will stay in his room now, but it might be better if we can keep his door locked until I can find a sword to give him."


    Noticing the doctor's corpse the tiefling looks sad but was too distracted by Pidgit's attempted theft to see exactly what happened or else she'd feel even worse for being a part of it. Cautiously she looks at Brin, "Is there any thing that we can do for him, or...is he already gone?"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Perception check, rolled in dice thread, failed horribly [2]
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    . . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

  6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Sirus

    "That was. Nicely. Done. Setsuna. I will. Help. You. Honor your. Prom.... What was. That?

    Trouble."


    Sirus ears almost perk up as his face takes a look of a hound. He moves in great speed to the stairs, skipping the stairs entirely, while sliding down the rail.

  7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    GM post

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sirus's OOC rolls:
    Acrobatics (1d20+11)[16]
    Perception (1d20+11)[29]

    Rico's Perception check: (1d20+11)[13]

    STR checks:
    Red: (1d20+3)[23]
    Z1: (1d20+4)[20]


    Setsuna

    "Yes'mum. " Pidgit practically chirps as he helpfully pushes the door to his cell shut once more, before calling out the sliding panel at Setsuna while she goes downstairs. "Be careful hippo, yes? Tell Doctor 'ullo."

    *****

    Rico (GM-botted)

    Rico's wolfish ears flick in the direction of the stairwell and she heaves herself to her feet just as Brin does. More trouble, eh? Well, trouble had better beware of her if it was going to mess with Red.

    "Hellgirl! On yer feet- movit! More frakkers down yonder, " she barks at Setsuna before hefting her table-shield and clumping after the priestess as fast as she can go.

    *****

    Friction has the wooden banister burning hot under Sirus's shoes as he slides down the banister with cat-like grace, zipping past Brin before landing softly on his feet at the bottom.

    Those who arrive at the bottom of the stairs in the workroom find that the tieflings are gone, leaving only a wary Taladron standing back, uncertain of what to do next. Meanwhile, Red, her teeth gritted, continues to shove against someone pushing back on the other side of the door. In her fist, a small key glitters.
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground
     
    bcool999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Taladron

    Surprised by the suddenness of Red's movements to keep the door from opening, Taladron stands gaping for a moment. Then, in an effort to aid Red in keeping whatever is on the other side on the other side, He calls on a spell to change Red from her petite stature into a giant form of herself. "We could use some help here!" shouts Taladron after the casting is completed.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Enlarge Person on Red, she is now a Large creature with a +2 to strength -2 to dexterity -1 size penalty to AC and a -1 penalty to attack rolls, but her Kukris now deal 1d6 each. And she has 10ft. space and Reach, this lasts for 4 minutes or until Taladron dispels it.
    Avatar by MeanMrsMustard

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Sirus

    Sirus arrives down the stairs, skidding to a stop before the bulging door. Looking around, he sees precious few options.

    "Rico. We need you."

    He takes position behind the door, so as to be ready to pounce from behind whatever will come out of it, activating his vest at the same time.

  10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Brin

    Somehow, lending her own relatively meager strength to the door-jamming just didn't seem prudent to Brin. Maybe it was the 8'-foot-tall Red filling up most of the space. Mostly it was the fact that her bow just didn't work that well up close, where anyone with reflexes better than napping tortoise could easily stab her in the gut as she nocked an arrow.

    Instead she looks for a good spot about twenty feet away and readied her weapon. Close enough to hit whatever came out without having to worry about it closing the distance first.

  11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Setsuna

    Before she can call back an 'I will' to Pidgit, Rico's order gets Setsuna moving and the tiefling takes off after Sirus, jumping onto the railing and sliding down the stairs, drawing Maethilur again as she lands. A non-standard method of travel that, in the back of her mind, Setsuna notes would fun if it weren't for only using it to get to the front of the party in case something more dangerous than a deranged wererat got loose.

    Seeing the situation downstairs, she starts toward the door until Taladron enlarges Red and leaves little space to position herself. "We can not stop whatever is there forever. Step back and let it come, we can deal with it together."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Acrobatics rolled in the OOC.

    If standard action remains, ready an action to move into melee.
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    . . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

  12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    GM post

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative Rolls
    Sirus: (1d20+4)[8]
    Setsuna: (1d20+4)[13]
    Rico: (1d20+1)[17]
    Red: (1d20+5)[14]
    Taladron: (1d20+5)[10]
    Brin: (1d20+4)[5]

    Zombies:
    Z1: (1d20+3)[16]
    Z2: (1d20+3)[22]
    Z3: (1d20+3)[21]
    Z4: (1d20+3)[17]


    Red flinches as she feels strange power surge through her body. Before she knows it, she is several feet taller than normal, cramped against the now much smaller door, and it is all she can do to stifle a yelp of alarm. If people would just warn her a little before casting magic on her...

    As the others crowd into the room and take up their positions, Red dimly notes that for once, she can see the top of Rico's head. Just before she leaps back from the door, it occurs to her that Rico's hair is greasy and could use a wash. Still, no point in dwelling on that now.

    *****

    Spoiler
    Show
    Z2, 5 foot step to Sirus
    Attack: (1d20+5)[23]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[8]
    Attack: (1d20+5)[20]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[8]

    Z3
    Attack: (1d20+6)[10]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[9]

    Z4
    Attack: (1d20+6)[21]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[4]

    Sirus's AoOs:
    Attack: (1d20+9)[10] - missed
    Damage: (1d8+5)[8]

    Attack: (1d20+9)[22] - hit
    Damage: (1d8+5)[8]


    *****

    The instant that Red moves away, the door is flung open on its hinges, banging so hard against the wall behind that chips of paint and plaster flake off. Tumbling out of the stairwell, perhaps to no one's surprise, are four zombies in varying stages of decay, every one of them clothed in the same white smocks as the one that you'd slain only a few hours ago...

    *****

    Zombies 2, 3, and 4

    The zombie in the lead is the largest of the group and it totters towards Sirus, rheumy eyes glowering at him as it lays clammy hands on his shoulders and makes a spirited attempted to throttle the half-orc. Sirus is far too nimble to be trapped by a stiff-jointed undead, however, and easily ducks, even managing to dart a quick foot out under its armpit to crush the toes of the other zombies shambling past behind it.

    Those of you who are more alert might observe that these zombies, like the one that you met this morning, don't seem to be unduly hampered by the fact that they are dead. In fact, two of the remaining three stalk swiftly out of the stairwell, their rattling voices echoing in the enclosed room as they swipe at Red with bony clenched fists.

    *****

    Initiative Order
    22 - Z2
    21 - Z3
    17 - Z4
    > 17 - Rico
    16 - Z1
    14 - Red
    13 - Setsuna
    10 - Taladron
    8 - Sirus
    5 - Brin


    It is now Rico's turn.


    *****

    Battle Map
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Miraqariftsky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Rico
    Rage I, 2/7
    HP 36/36
    AC 18/20


    Rico scowls, hackles rising
    At the abominations assaulting.
    A dim part of her notes
    Being tall hadn't been in Red's boats.
    Catches herself and but says,
    As her friend yelps in brief distress,
    "Ho, hold steady! Steady, Red. Balance. An' take 'em like gobbos. Hellgirl, t'other side! Cover Brin'd Tal o'er there!"
    Deeper grows her scowl.
    But satisfied comes her growl,
    That their earlier lead from Brin'd tacked well,
    Alas she'd sent the Doctor to hell.
    Rico sets her shoulder,
    Preparing to unleash her thunder
    Both gauntlets fisted on the tableshield's haft
    Braced legs charge, to crush with her personal war-craft...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Str 6 BAB 4 Masterwork 1 Flank 2
    (1d20+12)[16]
    Damage: Knockback damage, plus whatever Da Chief would rule as the appropriate damage for that sort of orctapult.
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2014-01-30 at 11:53 AM.
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

  14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Setsuna
    HP 28
    AC 18


    Dashing alongside Rico, Setsuna moves through the small opening that the half-orcess' charge opened up in order to reach Sirus' side and keep the zombies from completely surrounding him, slashing at the nearest one to him. Having no reason to show any mercy to an undead, the tiefling aims her slash at the corpse's neck, intending to sever its head from its body.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Moving to F10, next to Sirus. Acrobatics to avoid provoking from the Zed that Rico charged (1d20+12)[17]

    Attacking Z3, flanking with Red I believe (1d20+11)[21]
    If she hits, I'll make use of Perfect Strike for maximum damage of [13] (Arcane Pool IIIII
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    . . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

  15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground
     
    bcool999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Taladron
    HP 25/25
    AC 13


    Seeing the undead come pouring through the door, Taladron feels justified in guarding it and of his suspicions of the doctor. This does not speak well to the doctor's innocence. He, and his currently unknown associate, will have to pay the price once we are done with these. With that in mind and in the safety provided by having a sturdy wooden table between himself and the undead, Taladron calls forth a blob of sizzling acid and launches it at an undead.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Using the Acid Dart SLA for being a conjuration Wizard. Ranged Touch Attack against zombie 4: (1d20+4)[13] (-4 for firing into melee?)
    Which should do about (1d6+2)[4] points of Acid Damage.
    I have 7 of those remaining for the day and an infinite number of weaker cantrip versions.
    Avatar by MeanMrsMustard

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Brin
    21/21 HP
    18 AC


    "Oh-ho, I think we've found our murderer." Brin cries out, looking at the gaggle of zombies in their distinctive smocks. Is gaggle the collective noun for a group of zombies? Well, it is now. Anyway, you should really concentrate on the business at hand, Brin.

    "Oh, right! Feel the wrath of the Lady, you disgusting abominations!" She holds out her left hand, exposing her holy symbol and bathing the zombies in pleasant lavender glow that does some not-very-pleasant things to animated flesh.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action to channel to harm undead

    (2d6)[9] damage, DC 14 Will save for half

  17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    GM post

    Rico

    The nearest zombie whirls with unhallowed speed as Rico dashes in, ramming its shoulder into the table that she holds aloft and forcing her charge to a stomping halt. Despite Rico's efforts, she finds that this zombie - once a young fair Varisian woman if the pinched skin and straggly hair are anything to go by - possesses frightening strength and will not be pushed back.

    *****

    Zombie 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack 1: (1d20+5)[21]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[4]

    Attack 2: (1d20+5)[18]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[7]


    Taking advantage of the distraction afforded by the several pairs of hands clawing at Sirus's person, the fourth zombie tries to grab hold of his jacket, only to be jabbed aside at the last instant by the flailing arms of its fellows.

    *****

    Red
    HP: 32/36
    AC 20 - 1 (Enlarge Person) = 19


    Spoiler
    Show
    Including effects of Enlarge Person and flanking with Sirus, Full Attack on Z3

    Attack 1: (1d20+8)[26]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[4]
    Confirm Critical - Attack: (1d20+8)[25], Damage: (1d6+3)[8] - confirmed

    Attack 2: (1d20+8)[19]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[4]


    Upon seeing Sirus besieged by moving corpses and Rico stopped short in her tracks, Red bites her lower lip. Ignoring the deep bruising from the zombie's powerful blow, she slides her weapons from her hip. Her kukris were so big looked like scimitars now. Hopefully, they'd be just as deadly.

    "Mister Sirus! Hold on!" Red hacks down at the zombie closest to her, nearly carving its arms off as the deadly blades bite deep into the greying flesh.

    *****

    Setsuna

    Spoiler
    Show
    Acrobatics check - failed, provokes AoO

    AoO
    Attack: (1d20+6)[7] - failed
    Damage: (1d6+3)[6]


    Red's attack has so unbalanced the zombie that it doesn't even have time to recover before Setsuna's katana comes slashing through the air to part its miserable head from its neck.

    For a moment, it seems as though the tiefling has managed to down the zombie - but no. Instead, the lopped head dangles precariously from the zombie's neck by a thick shred of shriveled flesh, swinging upside-down on the zombie's breast, from where it glares at Setsuna and champs its teeth in what is meant to be a threatening gesture.

    *****

    Taladron casts Acid Dart

    Unfortunately for Taladron, the acid missile misses the zombie he is aiming for entirely when it decides to lurch forward at the last second. Instead, the steaming gob sails over the zombie's head, whizzing between Setsuna and Sirus to land on the whitewashed walls of the sanatorium with a loud hiss as it begins to eat into the stone walls and dissolve paint.

    *****

    Sirus (GM-botted)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sirus be Tripping

    Trip 1 on Z3: (1d20+16)[25] - passed
    Trip 2 on Z1: (1d20+16)[28] - passed
    Trip 3 on Z2: (1d20+16)[20] - failed


    Sirus surveys the zombies pressing in around him with a calm born of several years of deadly training. Undead or not, a mob was a mob. They could be brought down. They would be brought down.

    He takes a deep breath. It was time to create some space.

    One moment, Sirus is standing at the ready with his fists raised in a combat posture. The next, his legs are a blur as he stomps and sweeps with his feet, felling two of the three zombies around him as though they were timber. Of the zombies that fall, the dangling head of the one recently attacked by Red and Setsuna swings a full round in the air from momentum before thumping against the ground some distance away from its neck. The head is still miraculously attached by the single shred of flesh, though that is of little consequence to the zombie, its eyes bulging and its jaws angrily snapping at Sirus's toes like a petulant and ugly dog.

    Zombies 1, 2, and 3 are now prone.

    *****

    Brin uses Channel Positive Energy.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Channel Resistance +4

    Z1: (1d20+12)[26] - passed
    Z2: (1d20+12)[27] - passed
    Z3: (1d20+12)[31] - passed and dies again anyway
    Z4: (1d20+12)[28] - passed


    Surprisingly enough, the light emanating from Brin's palm doesn't seem to be as effective as she'd perhaps hoped it would be. Though the nearly headless zombie does cease its ludicrous lolling-about as its flesh blackens and sizzles, the smoke and a nasty charred smell is all that rises off the rest of the zombies, who proceed to continue their assault.

    Zombie 3 is now dead.

    *****

    Zombies 2 and 4

    Spoiler
    Show
    Z2, Full Attack on Sirus
    AoO to get up - Attack: (1d20+8)[24], Damage: (1d6+4)[6]

    Attack 1: (1d20+5)[15]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[5]
    Attack 2: (1d20+5)[23]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[5]

    Z4, Full Attack on Brin
    Attack 1: (1d20+5)[23]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[7]
    Attack 2: (1d20+5)[18]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[9]


    The zombie next to Sirus ignores the half-orc's vicious return blow with his kama to stagger back to its feet. Moaning loudly, it tries once more to lay hands on Sirus's neck, only to be blocked at every turn.

    Meanwhile, the zombie that was previously shoving back Rico's shield decides, unsurprisingly enough, to focus its attentions on the elven priestess who bears the symbol of the one goddess utterly opposed to its very existence. Drawing back its fists, it proceeds to pummel Brin quite thoroughly, a malicious glint in its watery eyes.

    *****

    Initiative Order
    22 - Z2
    21 - Z3
    17 - Z4
    > 17 - Rico
    16 - Z1 - prone
    14 - Red
    13 - Setsuna
    10 - Taladron
    8 - Sirus
    5 - Brin


    It is now Rico's turn.


    *****

    Battle Map
    Last edited by maggie_mcknife; 2014-01-31 at 09:45 PM.
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Miraqariftsky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Rico
    Rage I, 2/7
    HP 36/36
    AC 16/20


    Contending might with might,
    Rico heaves, shoulder to shoulder,
    Trying to knock one foe against its fellows
    When suddenly Sirus lays the lot low...
    ...ere the halforc constable
    Could spit commendations---
    ---Her opponent breaks,
    And mauls their bow-swift, ham-hocking priestess

    Still stumbling from her momentum,
    Rico drops the tableshield
    Rips out her wave-sword
    Chops into the undead
    Varisian maiden's neck

    "Brin. Tal. AH"LL HOLDDER. Gidd bahk!"

    Trying to ignore, the brief feeling
    The distant chance of this having been
    Of beloved Cipriano, some far-flung cousin

    Spoiler
    Show

    Str 6 BAB 4 Flank 2 Weapon 1 Power Attack -2
    (1d20+11)[24]
    Str 9 Weapon 1 Power Attack 6
    (1d10+16)[25]
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2014-01-31 at 01:06 PM.
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

  19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Setsuna
    AC 18
    HP 28


    Seeing Brin's divine energy burn out what was left of the nearly-headless zombie, Setsuna turns her attention to the nearest undead just as Rico cleaves into it. Calling upon a simple spell, that she'd long since learned how to work into her swordplay, only to stumble in her pronunciation as something about the zombies bring a flash of memory, the sights and smell she'd gained from Grayst' mind distracting her.

    Even as the arcane power she'd gathered fades however, she dashes forward to stand between the not-so-little Red and Sirus, striking at the nearest zombie.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Concentration to Cast Defensively (1d20+7)[11] (DC 16) - Failed, lost Arcane Mark, but yay cantrip.

    Default combat tactic; Spell Combat -> Spellstrike. Concentration failed though, so just one attack at a -2.

    5ft step to G9, if Z4 is still up after Rico's blow aiming there, if not, aiming at Z1.

    Attack (1d20+7)[17]
    Damage (1d8+5)[7]
    Last edited by Desril; 2014-01-31 at 06:36 PM.
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    . . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

  20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground
     
    bcool999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Taladron
    HP 25/25
    AC 13


    Annoyed with his inability to hit one of the many zombies in the room, and impelled by Rico's bark, Taladron shuffles over a bit behind the table to open a path for Brin's retreat. He then reattempts flinging acid on the undead.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Second verse same as the first but this time with a 5 foot step to F7 to be behind the table and give Brin some room to move.

    Now another Ranged Touch Attack with Acid Dart at zombie 4 if it is still up or zombie 2 (1d20)[20] (+4 -4 but a +2 for flanking...? (I don't think it applies to ranged attacks...))

    (1d6+2)[7] damage
    Avatar by MeanMrsMustard

  21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Brin
    5/21 HP
    18 AC


    "Good..OOF...idea!" Brin responds, wincing as another fist as hard as an anvil smashes into her rib cage with a dull thud and a wet snap. She wasn't sure if was her own bones breaking, or the ham-fisted zombie was clubbing her with enough power to shatter its own half-rotten fingers, but she wasn't about to take a few more blows to find out.

    She staggers sideways, shifting Rico between herself and the nearest of the undead, and runs through a desperate prayer for healing, doing her best to ignore the taste of blood flooding into her mouth as she rasps out the words.

    Spoiler
    Show
    5 foot step to D9

    Spontaneously case Cure Moderate Wounds on self, burning unused level 2 spell slot.

    Healed for (2d8+4)[10]

  22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Sirus

    The undead abominations seem to be losing their momentum. Sirus briefly considers changing to his kama, but then decides to try and throw the zombies down. Again, his feet, hands and elbows start hitting undead joints, in a flurry of activity.

    Spoiler
    Show

    FoB Trip1 (1d20+16)[35]
    if successful, AoO (1d20+9)[22]dmg (1d8+5)[10]

    second trip to the other zombie
    (1d20+16)[35]
    if successful, AoO (1d20+9)[10]dmg (1d8+5)[6]

  23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    GM post

    Rico

    Rico's reforged sword nearly cleaves the zombie that had just attacked Brin in twain down the chest, severing most of its arm and shoulder and causing it to lurch awkwardly sideways as the change in weight unbalances it.

    *****

    Z1 and Red (HP: 27/36, AC 19 - 1 = 20)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Stand up, Attack on Red

    AoO
    Red - Attack: (1d20+10)[14], Damage: (1d6+3)[8] - hit
    Sirus - Attack: (1d20+11)[17], Damage: (1d8+5)[13] - hit, minus DR

    Attack: (1d20+6)[23]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[5]


    Attack 1: (1d20+8)[10]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[6]

    Attack 2: (1d20+8)[28]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[7]
    Confirm Critical - Attack: (1d20+8)[12], Damage: (1d6+3)[9] - missed


    Being knocked off its feet hasn't dampened the enthusiasm of this zombie for the fight. Ignoring the blows that come its way as it rises, it turns and clenches its bony fist before ramming a punch into Red's torso with sufficient force to wind the rogue, even as she slashes a quick blow across its chest.

    *****

    Setsuna

    Even as she swings at the zombie, another sudden flash of the wet whispering horror that Grayst had seen causes Setsuna's usually sure hands to falter and the tiefling to flinch away.

    Be calm. Breathe. Having been roused in the earlier tussle with Pidgit, Maethilur's husky voice sounds once more in Setsuna's head. There is a reason why it is said that those who seek to help others who have experienced great trauma often end up hurt themselves. Do not let the thing that drove your lunatic mad claim your mind as well.

    *****

    Taladron

    Perhaps frustration has honed Taladron's aim. Or perhaps the quick step behind the table has improved the angle of his attack. Whichever the real reason, Taladron's gob of acid smacks right into the back of the head of the nearest zombie, rapidly dissolving the petrified flesh and bone. While the zombie turns to see what has assailed it, the foaming acid eats away at its skull with a loud sizzle, revealing ivory bone and pulpy grey matter even as it slowly keels over onto the floor.

    Zombie 4 is now dead.

    *****

    Sirus

    A powerful sweep of Sirus's leg sends the remaining two zombies sprawling once more, whereupon he proceeds to crack the wrist of the nearest one with a choicely-placed stomp.

    *****

    Brin spontaneously casts CMW on herself.

    *****

    New Event

    With Sirus and Red keeping the last two zombies effectively pinned in one corner, you all seem about to finish the lot off when a stern, almost paternal voice floats out of the stairwell.

    "That is quite enough. It took me a long time to gather my servants, and I would much prefer it if you didn't decapitate all of them."

    Those of you who look up see a wizened man dressed in simple farmer's rags framed in the open doorway, his body and face puckered with age but with two keen brown eyes gleaming like hidden knives within the heavy wrinkles. Even as he taps his fingers in what seems to be impatience on the door frame, those of you with sharper eyes note the tell-tale sparkles of arcane energy shimmering just above his spindly limbs, as well as the hovering mirror images in the air behind him. If the shuffling sounds in the corridor behind him are any indication either, this old man has not arrived alone.

    He looks appraisingly at Sirus, unafraid, then sweeps his piercing gaze around the room. "I shall presume that my landlord, Mister Erin Habe, has gotten his dastardly self into trouble and thus tossed me under the proverbial wagon. But that is of no consequence. You are looking for something, I assume. Answers, I think. I wish to be left in peace with my servants to conduct my experiments. We both want something. Could we not parlay?"

    At the sound of the old man's voice, the zombies on the ground freeze and mechanically rotate their heads to stare up at him, waiting for further instructions.

    Sense Motive DC 12
    Spoiler
    Show
    The old man seems sincere enough. At any rate, he certainly thinks he has nothing to fear from any of you.


    Detect Magic and Spellcraft DC 16/17
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, magic. The old man has both Mirror Image and Mage Armour cast on him.


    Perception DC 17 (no taking 10)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Judging from the scuffles and creaks of the stairs, there are at least two others on the stairs behind the old man. They may or may not be zombies. And there is no telling how many more there might be behind those two.


    NOTE: Combat is still ongoing. But talking is a free action. If you choose to attack, I will proceed with the initiative order but with the old man added in.

    *****
    Initiative Order
    > 22 - Z2 - prone
    17 - Rico
    16 - Z1 - prone
    14 - Red
    13 - Setsuna
    10 - Taladron
    8 - Sirus
    5 - Brin


    It is now Zombie 2's turn.


    *****

    Battle Map
    Last edited by maggie_mcknife; 2014-02-02 at 01:12 PM.
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground
     
    bcool999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Taladron
    HP 25/25
    AC 13


    At the appearance of the old man and the temporary reprieve from battle Taladron is both relieved and worried. He has no Idea what this man may be capable of, but from the spells protecting him he is definitely a fellow Wizard, or perhaps a Sorcerer.

    "Very well, if you wish to parlay then introductions are in order. My name is Taladron. I will let my companions introduce themselves as they wish, and yes we do require quite a few answers."
    Avatar by MeanMrsMustard

  25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    GM Post

    A thin smile creeps across the old man's face - you get the impression that he is not used to the gesture. "I have other names, Taladron, but you may call me Caizarlu. If it is answers you would have - truthful answers, no less! - then I would ask in return that your party speaks no word about my being here and that you permit my servants and I to leave this place unmolested and without pursuit."
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Setsuna

    Between the combat and considering Maethilur's words in the still thinking part of her mind, Setsuna's reaction speed to Caizarlu's appearance is abysmally slow, but she holds off her attack when he starts to talk with Taladron. Keeping Maethilur at the ready, the tiefling's eyes move toward the necromancer, but routinely stray back to the nearest zombie, in case it starts to attack any of her friends. "We can not promise you that if your servants are a threat to the people of Sandpoint. We found a zombie like these lurking near a murder scene, and we know the murder was done by another undead. If we are to parlay, we will need proof that you are not the one we are after."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Sense Motive (1d20+1)[20]
    Perception (1d20+1)[12]
    Spellcraft (1d20+7)[11]
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    . . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

  27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    GM point

    "Ah. So you found Lucian. I presume he is no more? A pity then. I waited long to harvest his body from his lover's embrace. Nevertheless, if he was clumsy enough to be caught, then perhaps it is just as well that you saved me the trouble of putting him to rest once more." Caizarlu spreads his long fingers and shrugs before steepling them together. His eyes take on a hard and calculating glint as he considers Setsuna's words carefully, chewing over them one by one.

    "So. You are deputies, of a sort. You are looking to solve the murders that were committed this morning. And you believe it was committed by one of my own... Well then. I can assure you that Lucian had nothing to do with those murders. I had only bade him to keep watch over the scene. Had you not disturbed him, he would have harmed no one. But come now. I want guarantee of safe passage. If it is an undead that you hunt, then there is no one better than myself to give you the answers you need. As for the proof..." Caizarlu grins smugly. "You will hear for yourself why my servants are guiltless of this deed once I have your word."
    Last edited by maggie_mcknife; 2014-02-03 at 09:55 AM.
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Sirus

    Sirus remains poised, energized but not tense.

    "You are. A necromancer. You have created. Abominations. The only way. You are going. To escape. With your life. Is either. By surrendering. Now. And destroying your. Abominations. Or. By giving information. On something. More important. Than your crimes. And then. You will be. Heading. For prison.

    You. Are not. To continue. Your work. Here. Or elsewhere. As Pharasma. Is my. Witness.

    Either way. Your role. In the. Recent crime. Will be. Determined."


    Spoiler
    Show
    Emmm.... sorry guys and gals. There is nothing more Sirus can do.

  29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denial

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    GM post

    Caizarlu's grin merely widens as he chuckles softly. "Have some decency, Pharasmin. Your goddess is the one true judge, is she not? Then why send me to a mortal jail for a crime I did not commit - a crime that I am moreover willing to stir myself in aiding you solve? Nor is there any law in these parts that prohibits one's flock from being the dead who walk at night. Nor, in fact," he adds with exaggerated carelessness, "is there any law in this corner of Varisia that bans the worship of the Pallid Princess. As for how my servants have come to me - many I rescued from the charnel houses and poor hospitals, where their loved ones left them to die. Others have come my way courtesy of the Doctor Habe, when they died of perfectly natural causes. Are you going to throw me in jail for being the only one to see the potential of those deemed useless and unfit, those whom polite society does not wish to see?"

    "Take for instance, that new patient upstairs. I assume that he is the reason you have arrived - for no Watch ever came to investigate the Doctor before. The Doctor is a fool who dabbles in illnesses of the mind but not of the body. Would you not like to know what it is that ails him?"
    Last edited by maggie_mcknife; 2014-02-03 at 07:59 PM.
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

    MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

    Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

  30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Miraqariftsky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

    Still wary, Rico glares at the necromancer
    Then flicks the blood from her blade
    Shoulders her battle-table
    And tucks her sword
    In her arm's crook

    "Arright, arright, y'all. Stann' down..."

    Rico says, then reaches into her coat
    Among her pockets, fishes about
    Then brings forth a little book
    Magnimarian LAW:
    Constable's Edition


    She gives it a good flip to the right section
    ---bookmarked, with marginal notes---
    Rumbles, hems and haws
    Flips the book closed,
    Pockets away

    Then the halforc constable sheathes her sword,
    Waves down the others. And snorts.
    Takes out her notebook...

    "...nope. Freedom of religion edict clearly states folk be free ta pray to whome'er they care ta pray to. 'Slong as they don't violate any OTHER laws. Destruction o' Property, Murder, Assault, Rape, Disturbin' th' Peace... monkey's arse, this Unjust Vexation thing needs ta be fixed, though.

    Arright. KAI-ZER-LOO, wassit? Sorreh, I can't, in good conscience, grant that as it is. We'll be needin' sufficiently full cooperation, in info an' in deed, if need be. Ye be a scholar, aye? Yer paperwork'd be much appreciated as well. Anything an' everything. We'll make our own copies, don't worry. An' no, we can't be lettin' y'all just traipse off--- Bit fer bat. We'll need yer own assurance o' non-aggression an' non-malice. 'Msure ye unnerstan'? Comprende?"
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •