Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Catfolk Paragon help

Hello, it is not often I come hear searching for help in the homebrew section as I like to keep most things from the books. However recently I have gotten a catfolk player in my group. Now at certain levels I have already set each players gets a free Racial Paragon level. The problem is Catfolk never got one made oddly enough, even on wiki from what I have seen.

So I began using the Elf Paragon as a base and decided at level 1 it would advance the +2 bonus to listen and move silently to +4, and at level 3 as a capstone it would gain an additional +2 Dexterity. Reflex would be its high save with fortitude and Will Would be low. BAB being full like a Like a ranger, same with skill points. Mr problem came in at level 2 when I tried working with the racial enemy. Catfolk closest thing to a racial enemy is a dwarf and it even states they hold no animosity between the two races. Should I instead give a catfolk exclusive feat? If anyone could help I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Catfolk Paragon help

maybe give them a natural attack like claws
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    maybe give them a natural attack like claws
    I agree with bhu, claws are quite popular in catfolk homebrews..other possibilities might be improved low-light vision or scent (i don't know if it would be appropriate for a cat though)..otherwise you could give them a bonus on diplomacy and bluff, as cats are seen as quite elegant and charming animals (at least, I think this is the point about all those villains having cats on their legs while they are waiting for james bond on their crouch)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

A climb speed might also work.
    Domriso's Homebrew Compendium - A collection of all of my homebrew, throwing in my own design philosophy and my conceptions for possible new things.

Geomancy, Runic Magic, probably more at a later date:
    Come see my Homebrew!

Ever heard of the Ultimate Classes? They're pretty sweet. Check them out here.

I've had an interview over at Tellest! You should go see!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you everyone for the quick replies. I believe the natural claw attack is a good approach, in truth I never understood why they never got them to begin with. Thank you very much.