Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGirl

Default Re: A Big Ball of Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey .... Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Glitch View Post
    Sure, we have room.

As for Vera, there's an issue w/ her alien appearance trait. Major alien appearance is for the extremely bizarre: more than four limbs, tentacles, multiple heads; Vera is too humanoid for that level, bump it done to minor and find another way to balance to points.
    Ah, I see. I just figured that was for the 'aliens' like that girl in Rings of Ahkaten that can easily pass as human, and Major meant it they were obviously alien. Species in Mass Effect can't really take the minor trait usually (Save for teh Asari, but there's a potentially clever thing behind that, as every other race sees the Asari as looking like them).

Most are humanoid in appearance, but have features that mean they could not pass as human. Granted the suit hides most of it, there are things it doesn't;

-Narrowing waist and wider hips on a skeletal level, far more than humanly possible and the legs are further apart, while male Quarians are much wider chests.

-Three long fingers and And three large toes.

-Legs that are bowed and bent back significantly

-Longer neck than humans

-'What passes for a Quarian Ear' -Quote from one of the games

-Eyes that seem to glow from behind their visors

-A narrower head than humans, possible longer

-To this point humans have been the only species with hair so it is assumed Quarians don't and have something else like the rest of the galaxy, either bald, or perhaps fringes that are either plated like Turians, or semi-firm fringes like Asari that can move a bit (Despite Bioware's terrible attempts at Photoshopping a stock photo of a human woman to be a reveal of what a Quarian looks like.

It's because of these physical differences that I marked Quarians as 'Major' Alien appearance, as while they are humanoid in shape, their bodies are drastically different from humans on a skeletal level, and are unable to pass for human unlike some aliens in Doctor who that are just humans with strange hair color, eye color, or rubber foreheads.

Also, unhelmeted Quarians were considered attractive by this;
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Zerkai; 2014-01-07 at 02:04 PM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, I'm assuming I'm allowed the Cyber theme.

In that case, I repeat: Does being Cyber-upgraded alter my stats, and can I have the rules for traits and gadgets please?
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

For the cyber-stuff I recommend the cyborg trait.

For the alien appearance I give you what the book says.
    Quote Originally Posted by Space and Time
    Alien appearance is a Bad Trait that can be either 2 points or 4 points. The more severe the Alien Appearance Trait, the more 'alien' the character looks. As a 2 point Bad Trait, Alien Appearance means that the character is basically humanoid with a distinctive alien feature. In most cases, when they encounter people who are okay with aliens there will be nothing out of the ordinary, however when meeting the inhabitants of lower level planets (see Technology Levels, p.32) who may not have met aliens before, social rolls will all suffer a -2 penalty (that is if they don't just run away!). As a 4 point Bad Trait, the 'alien-ness' of the character is more extreme. they may have tentacles instead of limbs, or a face like a squid - they can look like anything! Again, advanced planets that are used to aliens, this isn't a problem, but if they meet less experienced peoples they will suffer a -4 penalty on social rolls (possibly even become the target of scared locals who assume the alien is hostile!).

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

a face like a squid

I now desperately want to see if I can make an illithid in the system.

@GrandDM If you have the book, I think you should take a look at the Robot trait (with GM approval). It seems to be what you are looking for. Also being a Robot (like an Alien) means that you can have a stat higher than 6 which is the human maximum.
    Thanks to Teutonic Knight for letting me adopt my Pikeman Avatar.
    A Tricking Website

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GrandDM View Post
    So, I'm assuming I'm allowed the Cyber theme.

In that case, I repeat: Does being Cyber-upgraded alter my stats...
    Neither Cyborg nor Robot alter your attributes.

6. - Top - End - #126

DrowGirl

For the cyber-stuff I recommend the cyborg trait.

For the alien appearance I give you what the book says.
    Right, will alter the sheet then, I kept thinking 'Minor' as those ruber forehead style 'aliens' in Dr Who.

EDIT: Also, about the whole weapon thing...
    Last edited by Zerkai; 2014-01-07 at 03:33 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Afool View Post
    @GrandDM If you have the book, I think you should take a look at the Robot trait (with GM approval). It seems to be what you are looking for. Also being a Robot (like an Alien) means that you can have a stat higher than 6 which is the human maximum.
    I don't have the book. That's why I'm asking for the rules on Traits and Gadgets so that I can use them to make my character, because they alter the points. I appreciate the pointer, but I really need a full list.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

I don't have the book. That's why I'm asking for the rules on Traits and Gadgets so that I can use them to make my character, because they alter the points. I appreciate the pointer, but I really need a full list.
    Well, we can't really quote entire chapters. From the sounds of it, Reality Glitch wants people without the books to describe their traits narratively: 'Good with machines', 'has a bad leg', etc. Then he can translate them into game terms later.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2014-01-08 at 11:30 AM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Exactly!

10. - Top - End - #130
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Silver"
    Upgrade Error! Upgrade Error!

Originally a human, Silver was the test subject for a new method of Cyberman upgrade. It failed, and despite receiving Cyber-augmentations, he retained his individuality and emotions. Escaping from the facility, he wandered the planet for a few years before stumbling on a visiting TARDIS...

Characteristics Outline
    As a Cyberform, Silver has the distinctive head-handles. This has on several occasions caused him trouble, as the Cybermen are not exactly popular. The upgrade process made him strong and smart, and he is very dangerous in close combat. He lacks a ranged weapon, but the metal armour makes him tough enough to get in close.

He is a good technician and an excellent fighter, and is also fairly good at negotiation, having had to talk his way out of some sticky situations, but has little experience of the variety of time and space. This makes him even more difficult to disguise when visiting the past, as not only is he mostly metallic, he has no idea how to fit in.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Does he look like regular cyberman or are there clearly human parts exposed? (Is he a robot like cybermen, or a cyborg because his inbetween?)

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

He's mainly a Cyberform, and externally resembles a Cyberman (though he is different to any of the "official" models, as he was an experiment), but internally he is more of a cyborg than a complete robot, as the process failed partway through. There are no human parts exposed, but his central organic systems are largely intact - circulatory, respiratory, nervous etc. He still has to eat and drink and is as vulnerable to ingested disease and poison and anyone else. If I have the points and there's a thing for it, he has a filter that gets rid of airborne toxins.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyborg means you can purchase gadget traits as character traits, but apparently I don't have a full list of them so I'm not entirely sure how this will work out.

14. - Top - End - #134

DrowGirl

Um... Hello? This is the third time asking about permanent weapons, some kind of weaponry for the marksman would be nice, maybe an Arc Rifle modded to stun.

15. - Top - End - #135

Sounds like what you're looking for would be under Gadgets (check out The Inspector's sheet on in the OP). I'll spend a minute looking through the book I found and have more info in a bit. ARGH. Sorry for not having my backstory out yet. At this point I think I'll just put out the bare bones of it and flesh it out as necessary.
    A Tricking Website

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

When is this game going to get started?
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Is there space remaining? I have the books...

Is there any obvious slot or role the DM or players feels is poorly covered?

18. - Top - End - #138

Still slots open, and I think we're still working on some sheets. As to roles, just make something you'd enjoy playing. I've got Interaction, Ky's got basic Techiness covered, The Investigator has Subterfuge and Combat covered if you don't want to double cover, but really anything is fine. (At least from my view.)
    A Tricking Website

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Still slots open, and I think we're still working on some sheets. As to roles, just make something you'd enjoy playing. I've got Interaction, Ky's got basic Techiness covered, The Investigator has Subterfuge and Combat covered if you don't want to double cover, but really anything is fine. (At least from my view.)
    Minor nitpick, it's The Inspector, not The Investigator.
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    ~~~~~

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

We'll start shortly after the slots are filled up.

21. - Top - End - #141

Quote Originally Posted by lord pringle View Post
    Minor nitpick, it's The Inspector, not The Investigator.
    :facepalm: Sorry. I don't know how that happened. I even went to the OP to check. (Or I thought I did...)
    A Tricking Website

22. - Top - End - #142
    Dwarf in the Playground

still working on some sheets
    Or I would be, had I the rules.

I think I might have to withdraw from this, because I don't think it's going to work.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Or I would be, had I the rules.

I think I might have to withdraw from this, because I don't think it's going to work.
    If you PM me what you want in your character, I could make him for you.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    ~~~~~

24. - Top - End - #144

DrowGirl

So... about my weapon? GM? Do I just take the ranged Natural Weapon Trait in a gadget?

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

His highness the John human has said there is a weapon gadget trait. I say, post it here for all to see.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

His highness the John human has said there is a weapon gadget trait. I say, post it here for all to see.
    Here we go:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Time Traveler's Handbook, P.222
    WEAPON (MINOR/MAJOR GADGET)
    Gadgets with this trait have some kind of weapon built into them.
    Effect: For a Minor Trait, the weapon is simply a blade attachment, a heavy clubbing end or some other enhancement that allows the gadget to be used in melee combat, adding plus 2 to the unarmed damage of the wielder.
    For a Major Trait, the gadget has a long ranged offensive capability of L (4/L/L).
    Anyway, I think we should start earlier than after the spots fill up. It will take forever.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    ~~~~~

27. - Top - End - #147

ARRGH! I will post this and it will be here! (I started this before the New Year, so the starting tone is less....frustrated.)
    ---------
    Alrighty. Here's a description and background of Oliver Linell (in spoilers, for space) modeled after Anyr's because I like how he did his.

Spoiler: Fluff
    Show

Name: Oliver Linell
    Native TL: 7

Appearance/Personality: Oliver looks to be in his early to mid thirties and I would add more but I found a picture. (He usually has a smile like that on most of the time.)

Pic:
    Spoiler: With thanks to a dude named Oliver who works for Activa in the UK
    Show

Background:
    Spoiler: Boring Stuff
    Show
    A bit over one thousand years ago (and a couple centuries, but they don't count), there was a chef who made fantastic advances in the culinary arts creating tantalizing delicacies that were enjoyed by the rich and elite around his home galaxy gaining him great fame and fortune, spreading the name Linell across the culinary spectrum. This story is about his brother, Oliver.

Oliver Linell was the third youngest in a family of five (the oldest being his sister Jill) all of which had some connection* to the world of food. Oliver was more interested in the science of foods and how the various molecules worked together and managed to gain a scholarship to the University of Mars for a Master's degree in Chemistry as well as Culinary Arts.

It was around this time that Oliver was exposed to the cuisine of some of the foreign exchange students (being primarily non-human) and found himself hooked on the nuances of other culture's food rituals.

Spoiler: *More details
    Show
    Anapa baked pastries with Ian kneading his bread while Jill worked as a marketer for The Soup(TM) company. The older brother will remain unnamed. If you need more info, I can and will provide it.

Setting the Scene for Today
    Oliver reworked his plans and spent the entirety of his education abroad learning from a plethora of alien cultures about their food habits as well as their cultural significance. It was during this time that Oliver met with and made a bet with a Stranger. If Oliver could offer a taste of something that the Stranger had never tasted before, the Stranger would give Oliver a gift that would allow him to experience every culture from then to the End of Time.

Oliver won.

Fast forward to today. Oliver looks like he's only aged a month sense the bet and he's explored a majority of the local galaxies. While the adventure of new discovery hasn't worn out yet, Oliver has been getting bored of how long it takes to travel between systems and how the stars start to blur together (you can only reread textbooks so often before they start to get boring).

Proposed Equipment (Relatively Mundane Stuff):

1 PDA or equivalent
    1 Comprehensive Digital List of Chemistry Knowledge Circa:42983 ("So what if it's a few years old? It's not like they found out anything new sense then.")
    1 How to Cook Everything: Expanded Virtual Edition (With Personal Notes)
    1 Set of Kitchen Knives
    1 Utility Knife
    1 Bag, Red (Designation: Cooking Supplies)
    1 Bag, Blood Orange (Designation: Chemistry Supplies)

-----
    One last thing. I've looked at the Gadget rules and I'd like to grab one thing real quick.

Minor Gadget (C.A.T.A.C.) (Chemical Analyzer That Also Cooks)
    Scan (Chemical) (Minor Good)
    Weld (Minor Good)
    Restriction (Can't Weld Living Organisms (Safety Feature)(Minor Bad)(Will expand to just flat out can't interact with Living Organisms if necessary)
    Last edited by Afool; 2014-01-13 at 05:51 PM. Reason: AND not WITH
    A Tricking Website

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Is this dead?
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    ~~~~~

29. - Top - End - #149

Gods, I hope not.
    A Tricking Website

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

iT'S NOT DEAD, i JUST NEED TIME TO FINISH SCHOOL,