Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 68
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Harbinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Dark Space
    Gender
    Male

    Default The Wilds of Sapuera (IC Thread)

    The inside the of mayor's office is dusty and cramped, filled with the smell of old paper and melted wax. The ceiling is slightly too short for several of you, obviously built for humans. The mayor himself, a short nervous looking man who introduced himself only as Calvin, sits behind his desk, eyeing the group nervously. After a few seconds, he speaks.

    "Hello, everyone. I've asked you to come here because I know you can help me solve a problem. As some of you might know Vutoros is expanding. That means pushing into Sapuera, setting up new new towns like this one. The problem is, the town deepest in the wilds hasn't been in contact recently. We haven't heard from them in weeks, and I fear the worst. There's all sorts of this that might've happened. So I want you to go and have a look around the town, make sure everything's alright." The man pushes up his glasses and looks from face to face. "Of course you'll be paid handsomely for this." he adds quickly.
    I am assuming direct control.
    7/29/2013. Never Forget:

    Games I'm running:
    Ain't No Rest for the Wicked IC OOC
    The Wilds of Sapuera IC OOC
    Games I'm in:
    Septimus Regulus in Trekking the Plains of Deltar IC OOC

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Scotland.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wilds of Sapuera (IC Thread)

    "Weeks... this doesn't bode well for the other town. However it could just be a case of the messenger's are continually ambushed so have been unable to send warning." Andrew then looks around the room, taking in the parchment smell. "I accept the job. How many days travel on foot is the town? And has there been any reports of odd sightings?" Andrew then looks at the others, awaiting their response, or the mayors.
    Last edited by runhidesurvive; 2013-12-25 at 05:29 AM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Hexalan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Those Meadows of Heaven

    Default Re: The Wilds of Sapuera (IC Thread)

    "I'm in for this." Téméraire glares at his companions, as if daring them to refuse the mayor. "Isolated towns disappearing from the wastes bodes ill for everyone. Have you had any trouble lately? -bad weather, roving packs of beasts, slavers? Of course, it could be nothing. How far away is the town? A messenger could easily have gotten lost."
    And so, my children, the time has come to close the book. There will be other days and other stories, but this tale is finished.

    Spoiler
    Show


  4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: The Wilds of Sapuera (IC Thread)

    Argentus keeps his back hunched over, to avoid his head hitting the ceiling. "Hah, weeks? They've probably already gone. Then again, I am not above getting..." he trails off into mumbles. Argentus takes a whiff of the strong scent of melted wax before speaking again, "Deepest in the wilds. There's all sorts of things that could happen there, especially if the town is isolated. "

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Barnaby Jones's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wilds of Sapuera (IC Thread)

    Glint fiddles with the ends of his sleeves as he listens to Calvin and nodding at Andrew's suggestion. "True, it could be just a few ambushed messengers, though we mustn't rule out something more sinister. I assume you'll be able to provide us a map to this town, Calvin?" He says glancing around at various pieces of paper scattered about the room.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground
     
    EvilClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default Re: The Wilds of Sapuera (IC Thread)

    Loneseeker nods in agreement as the others speak, occasionally hitting his head on the ceiling. He adds, "It seems like a worthy challenge, but as my colleagues stated, it would perhaps be worthwhile to learn as much as possible before setting off."

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Harbinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Dark Space
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wilds of Sapuera (IC Thread)

    "The town was normal before the messages stopped, no sign of anything other than the usual forest predators. I can't rule out a series of ambushed messengers, it's true, but I must know." He pulls a dusty piece of parchment from a shelf behind his desk and shows it to the group of assembled adventurers.

    "Here, this is a map of the region. Assuming you all accept the job, you could leave immediately. As you can see, it's about a three day journey to the northeast."
    Last edited by Harbinger; 2013-12-30 at 04:58 PM.
    I am assuming direct control.
    7/29/2013. Never Forget:

    Games I'm running:
    Ain't No Rest for the Wicked IC OOC
    The Wilds of Sapuera IC OOC
    Games I'm in:
    Septimus Regulus in Trekking the Plains of Deltar IC OOC

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Scotland.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wilds of Sapuera (IC Thread)

    "Assuming none of you have buisness to attend to and you are all taking the job, I suggest we look at what supplies we have and whether or not we need anything such as rations. Currently I am ok in supplies." Andrew then turns his head to the others.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: The Wilds of Sapuera (IC Thread)

    "I have no other business to attend to, and I certainly have enough supplies in order to travel for several days, more if we need to," Argentus replies. "I have some additional to share, if need be, but hopefully it should not come to that."

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Hexalan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Those Meadows of Heaven

    Default Re: The Wilds of Sapuera (IC Thread)

    Téméraire steps up and studies the map for a few moments, committing it's landmarks and local locations to memory. "I'm ready to leave as soon as you all are."
    And so, my children, the time has come to close the book. There will be other days and other stories, but this tale is finished.

    Spoiler
    Show


  11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground
     
    EvilClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default Re: The Wilds of Sapuera (IC Thread)

    Happy to leave the dank room clearly unsuited for him, Loneseeker moves towards the door.

    "We'd better get a move on. There could be lives at stake!"

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Scotland.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wilds of Sapuera (IC Thread)

    "Hmm, yes. I think we have everything we need. Let's go." Andrew fix's his backpack and goes out the room.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Harbinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Dark Space
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wilds of Sapuera (IC Thread)

    You leave the mayors office and emerge on the street. As you walk through the town, several of its citizens glance in mild curiosity at your unusually varied band, wondering who you are and where you might be going. But soon the sounds and smells of civilization are gone, replaced by the chirping of birdsong and the ghostly sound of the wind blowing through the trees. As the hours pass and the sun drops lower and lower, you begin to realize that reading the map may be harder than you thought. At last, the sun goes down and darkness falls on the outskirts of Sapuera. Hoping you aren't too far off course, you set up camp in a small clearing.

    You are dragged back into consciousness a few hours into your rest by the faint sound of sticks breaking at the edge of the clearing. All but Téméraire, for whom the sound is not enough to awaken. You look up and see the vague shape of three humanoid figures creeping towards you. Realizing you see them, the creatures hiss in frustration and leap towards the nearest prey.

    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Glint: (1d20+3)[10]
    Loneseeker: (1d20+1)[13]
    Argentus: (1d20)[3]
    Andrew: (1d20+5)[15]
    Enemies: (1d20+2)[6]
    I am assuming direct control.
    7/29/2013. Never Forget:

    Games I'm running:
    Ain't No Rest for the Wicked IC OOC
    The Wilds of Sapuera IC OOC
    Games I'm in:
    Septimus Regulus in Trekking the Plains of Deltar IC OOC

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Scotland.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wilds of Sapuera (IC Thread)

    Andrew will quickly stand up, using his move action. With his standard action he will cast sticky floor and if possible, catch most of them in the area. Then with his free action he will say "What are they?".

    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by runhidesurvive; 2014-01-02 at 04:12 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: The Wilds of Sapuera (IC Thread)

    Argentus gets up using his move action and then draws his battleaxe using his standard action in place of a move action. He then waits for them to come forward to face him. "Cowards," he spits.
    Last edited by Alchemicality; 2014-01-02 at 04:28 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground
     
    EvilClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default Re: The Wilds of Sapuera (IC Thread)

    Also getting up and drawing his weapon, Loneseeker remarks, "Considering it's five against three, I'd say these are brave bastards!"

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Barnaby Jones's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wilds of Sapuera (IC Thread)

    "Okay, okay, okay, here we go." Glint muttered reassuringly to himself as he rose, using his move action. Eyeing the nearest hostile figure to him his murmurings smoothly flowed from Common to ancient Draconic phrases as he cast Power Word Pain on the foe.

    Spoiler: Power Word Pain Rolls
    Show

    Damage:(1d6)[5]
    Number of rounds:(4d4)[1][4][4][3](12)
    Figured if they have more than 50 HP we can just use the first two rolls of those four.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Harbinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Dark Space
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wilds of Sapuera (IC Thread)

    Now that the creatures are not wreathed in shadow, you can see them more clearly. Their rotted, moldering grey flesh is moist and caked with dirt, and their blood red eyes burn with hunger.

    "Don't let the meat escape!" the nearest creature shouts, "I haven't had good flesh in too long!"

    As they prepare to attack, Andrew fires a spell at the forest floor, entangling all three of the creatures. They howl, unsuccessfully attempting to break loose, the nearest one shrugging Glint's spell off like it was nothing.
    I am assuming direct control.
    7/29/2013. Never Forget:

    Games I'm running:
    Ain't No Rest for the Wicked IC OOC
    The Wilds of Sapuera IC OOC
    Games I'm in:
    Septimus Regulus in Trekking the Plains of Deltar IC OOC

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Scotland.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wilds of Sapuera (IC Thread)

    Drawing a wand from his pockets as a move action, Andrew uses it to fire off the spell orb of fire lesser.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[8] Vs touch AC.
    (1d8)[4] Fire damage.
    Range of 25 feet.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Barnaby Jones's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wilds of Sapuera (IC Thread)

    Glint's quick hands draw a pair of daggers from his vest as he moves to place himself directly in front of Andrew. In a low voice Glint says "Andrew keep close if they some how make their way out of your spell and move into threaten you and I, I can cast a protective spell to help keep you safe from their attacks. As the last words trail from his lips Glint hurls one of the daggers at the nearest abomination.

    Spoiler: Dagger
    Show
    (1d20+5)[20]
    (1d3+1)[4]

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Harbinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Dark Space
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wilds of Sapuera (IC Thread)

    The creature in front nimbly swerves to avoid Andrew's orb of fire, inadvertently placing itself into the path of Glint's dagger, which catches it between the eyes, embedding itself in the creatures forehead. With a burst of strength and a howl of rage, the creature tears itself loose of the stick floor and lunges at Glint. The other two creatures are still stuck.
    Last edited by Harbinger; 2014-01-04 at 04:55 PM.
    I am assuming direct control.
    7/29/2013. Never Forget:

    Games I'm running:
    Ain't No Rest for the Wicked IC OOC
    The Wilds of Sapuera IC OOC
    Games I'm in:
    Septimus Regulus in Trekking the Plains of Deltar IC OOC

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Scotland.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wilds of Sapuera (IC Thread)

    "I have something like that, but feel free for you to use your's." And Andrew will use his wand again and move back 20ft.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[13] Vs touch AC
    (1d8)[6] Fire damage.
    25ft range.
    Last edited by runhidesurvive; 2014-01-04 at 05:05 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Hexalan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Those Meadows of Heaven

    Default Re: The Wilds of Sapuera (IC Thread)

    Téméraire startles awake to the sound of the fighting and swears profusely. "Hells hells hells. Was no one keeping watch?"
    He picks up his morning-star and shield, then positions himself between Andrew and the creatures. He activates an Aura of Power.
    "Let's get them, then!" he shouts encouragingly to his companions.
    And so, my children, the time has come to close the book. There will be other days and other stories, but this tale is finished.

    Spoiler
    Show


  24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground
     
    EvilClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default Re: The Wilds of Sapuera (IC Thread)

    Seeing that the shaman has the wizard protected, Loneseeker steps forward and strikes the two immobile creatures.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Using Steely Wind maneuver
    Attack 1 (1d20+9)[20]
    Attack 2 (1d20+9)[17]
    Damage 1 (3d6+10)[23]
    Damage 2 (3d6+10)[19]

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: The Wilds of Sapuera (IC Thread)

    Reacting to the recently-unstuck creature, Argentus moves up towards it and takes a swing at it with his battleaxe.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack: (1d20+7)[11]
    Damage if hit: (1d12+6)[7]

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Harbinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Dark Space
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wilds of Sapuera (IC Thread)

    Loneseeker runs past the wizard and shaman, heading for the trapped enemies. With a single swing of his massive greatsword, he bisects the first. The second desperately tries to pry its feet loose, but the goliath whirls around and impales it through the chest, destroying it instantly. Andrew's second fireball hits the charging monster squarely in the chest, crackling and sizzling against it's damp, clammy flesh and waterlogged clothes. Disoriented by the fire rapidly spreading up its body, the creatures flailing attack is easily sidestepped by Glint. It barrels past him, straight into the path of Argentus's axe, which neatly splits it head in half.

    There is a silence in the clearing. With the predators gone, the sounds of the forest gradually begin to resume. The darkness begins to fade as the early morning sun peeks over the horizon.

    Spoiler: The creatures
    Show
    If you examine the creatures, they have arond 200 rusted gold pieces. The one killed by Argentus also has two amethysts. The creatures are wearing old Vutoran explorers outfits. They could have been here for decades.


    Spoiler: If you choose to consult the map...
    Show
    As you examine your map, you, a creeping realization falls upon you: it doesn't match your surroundings. You've gone the wrong direction! Upon further examination, the area you are in matches a part of the map somewhat north of your destination, at the edge of a swamplike area. This mistake has cost you a few days of your journey, but is not necessarily catastrophic.


    Spoiler: XP
    Show
    You all earn 180 xp.
    I am assuming direct control.
    7/29/2013. Never Forget:

    Games I'm running:
    Ain't No Rest for the Wicked IC OOC
    The Wilds of Sapuera IC OOC
    Games I'm in:
    Septimus Regulus in Trekking the Plains of Deltar IC OOC

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground
     
    EvilClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default Re: The Wilds of Sapuera (IC Thread)

    "Might as well push on," Loneseeker says to the group, "Try and cover the lost ground as quickly as possible."

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Hexalan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Those Meadows of Heaven

    Default Re: The Wilds of Sapuera (IC Thread)

    "Oh, fantastic. Animated corpses of lost souls...zombies. Has anyone seen things like these around before? Téméraire rifles through the bodies, and comes up with a few hundred old gold pieces and a couple of gems. "Oh boy, effectively exactly 200 rusted gold pieces and two possibly worthless stones, which I'll hold onto if nobody wants them. Andrew, you want to take a look at that map? I'm sure none of us would like to head off in the wrong direction for several days. Again.
    And so, my children, the time has come to close the book. There will be other days and other stories, but this tale is finished.

    Spoiler
    Show


  29. - Top - End - #29
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Barnaby Jones's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wilds of Sapuera (IC Thread)

    "Hopefully these are just a few restless wandering spirits and not the underlings of some sort of foul spellcaster, unfortunately I haven't come across anything like this in my travels, I've only heard stories of such things. Andrew have you seen anything like this before?" Glint says breathing heavily still from the battle, as he retrieves his dagger from the mess that only barely resembles the humanoid it once was. The stench of rotting flesh smelled even worse than before thanks to Andrew's fiery spell. Gagging a bit as he picked up his dagger Glint could feel his stomach knotting up and turning over. The sight of the bodies coupled with the smell and lack of breakfast brings a mouthful of bile up. Glint leans against the nearest tree for a moment trying to collect himself. After a minute or so his breathing returns to normal "Temeraire hold on to those we can see if they are worth something once we reach a suitable town we can see if they are worth anything. So shall we split up the gold and be on our way?"

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Scotland.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Wilds of Sapuera (IC Thread)

    "Yes, yes, just give me a moment." Andrew then riles through his back and pulls out the map. "Hmm, we've went too far north. Its cost us a few days, but we can make that up. As for these creatures, I might of read about them before, let me think. Hmm, they seem like ghouls, good thing none of us got hit by them, they tend to be infested with disease."
    Last edited by runhidesurvive; 2014-01-08 at 12:35 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •