New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Sanctuary of Banatin

Amidst a slight unnatural fog, a building built of smoothly shaped white marble floats over the Town. Two, curved staircases form seamlessly from the large, gray metal double doors and create smooth steps from the ground up. There are no rails, even though it is about twenty feet off the ground.

Once inside, ones finds themself in a dimly lit cathedral-like building, columns and an off-white carpet lining the way to an altar. It is quiet, though strange, eerie music echoes throughout it from time to time.
    Between the altar and the entrance, several sunken parts of the floor form large circles, almost like wading pools, but formed so as to be used as a circular sitting area where people can look at each other or what is in the center.

Three doors lead out of the main sanctuary- two on the left, and one on the right.

The first one on the left leads to a series of meditation and confession chambers, with screens veiling but not quite entirely hiding the occupants from view. It is enough of a veil, however, to not make the people within entirely unrecognizeable. Furthermore, sound is oddly muffled coming from them. Very muffled. No one would recognize a scream.
    This place is denoted as the Confession Chamber.

The second door on the left leads to a smaller and more private worship area, where people can either pray separately or learn more and faster if they desire. This is denoted as the Small Chapel.

The door on the right leads to the Initiate's Complex. The first room is circular and contains three doors, nothing more. Anyone attempting to enter the Initiate's Complex without becoming an Initiate will find that... strange things happen to them, and their attempts are often thwarted.

The Initiate's Complex contains three areas-

The Initiate Quarters, which are a series of plain, small rooms for the Initiates to live and privately worship in.

The Ritual Chamber, which is a darkened room that is a sphere with steps cut all around it (like a sphere with a bottom formed of lego pieces). This area is heavily protected by magic and divine power, and the Initiates perform more sacred worship and rituals within.

The last room is not spoken of, though only the foremost and most favored initiates enter.

At the moment, only a few worshippers are within the temple. They wear long, flowing robes with concealing hoods and soft gloves, all of a dull white color. They worship in soft voices, or silently.

More of the temple and its inhabitants will be detailed as it is discovered.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2007-05-04 at 06:38 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Sanctuary of Banatin

One of the robed priests leaves the sanctuary and heads down into the streets below.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Unexpectedly, a robed figure comes out into the sanctuary.
    Nothing like this entity has ever been seen before.
    Whether it is male, female, or has no relation to either of those concepts is uncertain, but it is decidedly inhuman.

The two shorter arms hold close to the body like the arm of a waiter holding a cloth, and the entity holds its unnaturally white skinned head high, its four eyes unblinking. The top eye, a dark red, is half-lidded and regards things lazily, while the other appear aloof and slightly amused and benevolent.
    The other arm is held out to the side in a dramatic manner, and it trails along its hand through the air as it moves to the front of the sanctuary. The floor ripples in front of it and raises up to create a throne attached to the rest of the building, completely a part of it.
    The entity gracefully takes its seat, watching its worshippers who bow and pay homage to it with an expression one saves for amusing but favored pets.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2007-05-05 at 03:00 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

((With that, Vael joins the selective circle of Towners who give me writer's eny. ^_^"...))

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

The Inner Sanctum. Gender: I haven't checked yet.

((Indeed. Vael is one of the few people of the Town whose writing I can really enjoy just for the writing at times.

Hmm... I should get K.N.A.V.E.S. involved. No one's visited this place, and creepy castles just scream opressive regime. Hehe, that rhymed.))
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Town Characters, pictured left to right:

State Namesake District Revenant (With Ms. E's Iris) Malleo Morbius Deckard and Dexter
    for State, Malleo, District
    for Morbius
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevrmore View Post
    Many people have asked themselves; What is the ultimate moment-killer?
    The real ultimate moment-killer is a giant horde of zombies.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

((Aww... thanks guys.
    Though I'd feel more appreciated if people would come visit with the thread. So feel free to have KNAVES show up.
    Quick note though- coming into this guy's domain means coming into his zone of power. He is slightly above a normal guy elsewhere, but here...))
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2007-05-05 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Blech, my spelling is dying today...

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

((Well... Maph'tey has been checking out religions due to the fact that he's trying to figure out why people serve gods. >.>))

The Traveler steps into the cathedral-like building, appreciating the architectural design. He's quite and reserved and probably respectful too. He generally avoids miffing gods if at all possible.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

The worshippers remain as they are, bowing and quietly praying to the figure up front.

The entity turns its beatific eyes onto the traveler, then speaks in a voice that is light and graceful, and obviously feminine.
    Hello, stranger. What brings you here to my house?

9. - Top - End - #9

"I hadn't ever noticed this place before," Maph'tey responds in what can only be a respectful tone. "Kind of surprised me that I just now sensed it."

The Traveler doesn't mention the fact that deific power has a very strong, and to him somewhat unpleasant, odor. That would probably be rude and he doesn't as mentioned before, what to go around upsetting gods.

"I'm curious about the deities of this place and have made a point of meeting those that call the Town home."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Maph'tey may notice that while the place is indeed divine in power, it is not quite... deific. Certainly no less powerful, however. The distinction between gods and faiths may be lost on his senses, however, as the power really stems from the same source.
    Home? This place is no home to me...
    The entity's voice is still pleasant and light, obviously merely stating a fact and making pleasant conversation.
    Banatin, as the entity is known, gets off the throne, rising so gracefully one might wonder if it actually has legs, or uses some other method of movement. The flowing, strideless path it takes to move nearer to Maph'tey also suggests this.
    This place fascinated me... I desired to learn more of it and so I brought myself here.
    It gestures with one short arm and gently rests the other two arms in front of itself.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2007-05-05 at 04:23 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Tygerlilly encounters the stairs and starts to climb, about half way up she peers over the edge and laughs, Look Kethend, there's nothing holding them up! She lies down on a step and looks underneath, running one hand on the underside.

Kethend follows her and looks underneath, Interesting... Let's go find out what's at the top.

Tygerlilly grins up at him, Yes! Let's, I'm sure it's fascinating.

She bounds up the rest of the stairs with Kethend following behind her.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

12. - Top - End - #12

Truth be told he can't resolve the difference. Divine power is divine power as far as he's concerned.

Seeing all the people bowing to the being unnerves him slightly, probably because it reminds him of the cultists of The Silver Ruin. He's honestly surprised they hadn't showed up again to stalk him again.

"And explorer, then. I suppose we have that in common. Though I didn't take my home with me."

He glances at the robed devotees again.

"May I ask a question about your... followers?"

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

If it pleases you, traveler.
    Banatin somehow conveys the expression of a gracious smile.

Tygerlilly and Kethend reach the gray, double doors.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Tygerlilly puts one hand on the door, curious to see if it feels any different since they are so far off the ground.

Kethend tries to look underneath, I wonder if you have to knock? Or maybe we say 'Open Sesame'?
    Last edited by wxdruid; 2007-05-05 at 04:52 PM.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

The door remains shut like any good door, but it doesn't seem to be locked, and there is plenty of space for opening it.
    The door, Tygerlilly discovers, is regular metal.
    Gasp.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Tygerlilly grandly yells, Open Sesame, as she pushes on the door, because any magic door needs the magic words...
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

The door doesn't budge.
    This could possibly be due to the fact that it opens outwards.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Tygerlilly shoves harder, It must open. I didn't see that it was locked.

Kethend silently laughs.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

The door doesn't even squeak under the tiny kender's attempts.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Tygerlilly hangs from the doorknob and puts her feet on the door and pulls mightily.

Kethend comes up behind her and gently grabs her shirt with his teeth and pulls.
    Last edited by wxdruid; 2007-05-05 at 05:15 PM.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

The door slowly opens, revealing the dead timed Maph'tey within.
    Banatin turns its head towards the two, an expression of curiousity on its face.
    Hello, children. What have you come for?
    It raises one of its short arms towards them, beckoning gently.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks Kethend, Tygerlilly gets down and peers inside, ooooo, as she walks inside looking everywhere at once. She bounces towards Banatin and holds out one small hand when she gets close enough, Hello, I'm Tygerlilly and that's Kethend. She looks up at it, The stairs are really cool, there's nothing underneath, I wish that I could walk upside down on them, that would be cool. My feet towards the sky and my head towards the ground.

Kethend follows her inside, he also looks everywhere.
    Last edited by wxdruid; 2007-05-05 at 05:22 PM.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Banatin doesn't offer a hand, though this is possibly because it has no idea what Tygerlilly wants from it.
    What a very... curious... desire.
    Banatin's female voice becomes slightly underlayed with a male voice, blending and speaking at once.
    Its top eye, the red one, opens a little more.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2007-05-05 at 05:27 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Tygerlilly takes her hand back and inspects it for warts, before she looks back up at it. How do you do that, it's cool, two voices at once? I wish I could do that. Why do you have more than 2 eyes?
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

The entity's voice goes back to normal, and the eye drops back to its normal half-lidded state.
    It is the way I have always been.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Tygerlilly looks around again, Where do all the doors go? and why are there lower places in the floor? What are the pillars made out of? She goes over to inspect the pillar, wondering if she can climb it.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

The red eye opens again, and the male voice resurfaces.
    How very curious you are... your questions are many, and yet I see no aim in them...

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Kethend grins at Banatin, Yes, she is curious about everything.

Tygerlilly wanders towards the nearest door.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Vael lets Gwen decide whether the closest door is on the left or right.

It is charming, but also most irritating...
    When Banatin states this last opinion, its voice is entirely male and quite dark. Its blue eyes are shut, and the red eye fully open.
    It lifts its right hand, watching Tygerlilly.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2007-05-05 at 05:52 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

She wanders to the right

Kethend starts watching Banatin very closely.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle