New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Goodbye, So Long Farewell III

I've not been around for a while. Just to let everyone know, I'm fine. I will be moving this upcoming Saturday, so I likely will be gone until I get settled and internet set up again.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    I've not been around for a while. Just to let everyone know, I'm fine. I will be moving this upcoming Saturday, so I likely will be gone until I get settled and internet set up again.
    Hopefully not a long absence then :)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I'm taking a break from this forum for a while because there are some people in this forum who wants to stir up drama and I don't want to be any part of it.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

4. - Top - End - #124
    Halfling in the Playground

RangerGuy

I know I haven't been here in a long time and I'm sorry. life has been insane, especially with the pandemic.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Pixie in the Playground

Wish you luck for future endeavors and so many blessings. Goodbye, until next time.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Default So long, and thanks for all the fish

Hello, to those I've chatted with in the past.

It's become increasingly clear to me over the past little while that I am no longer welcome in this community. Rather than flame out through repeated infractions over the next however long that winds up being, I've decided to hang up my hat.

Anyone who wants to find me elsewhere can do so fairly easily; I am, to my knowledge, the only person with my name or handle on the Internet.

To all those who have given me interesting conversation and wonderful discussion over the years, thank you, and those those who have enjoyed my presence, I am glad.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

At first, these forums seemed like a great idea, and this was a great month. However, as time wore on, it became increasingly clear that there were several things about this forum that I disliked. So I've decided to take a break from this forum. I may come back, or not. We'll see about that in the future. But for now, goodbye.
    My extended signature

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Dictionary definitions never win debates, unless the topic up for debate is "what does the dictionary say about this"

8. - Top - End - #128
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ziproot View Post
    At first, these forums seemed like a great idea, and this was a great month. However, as time wore on, it became increasingly clear that there were several things about this forum that I disliked. So I've decided to take a break from this forum. I may come back, or not. We'll see about that in the future. But for now, goodbye.
    Bye Ziproot, I had fun playing with you in the Board Games subforum.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Banned

Kobold

Default Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Hello, to those I've chatted with in the past.

It's become increasingly clear to me over the past little while that I am no longer welcome in this community. Rather than flame out through repeated infractions over the next however long that winds up being, I've decided to hang up my hat.

Anyone who wants to find me elsewhere can do so fairly easily; I am, to my knowledge, the only person with my name or handle on the Internet.

To all those who have given me interesting conversation and wonderful discussion over the years, thank you, and those those who have enjoyed my presence, I am glad.
    {Scrubbed}

Call out especially to Psyren who is one of my favorite people on this forum.
    Last edited by truemane; 2021-05-03 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Scrubbed

10. - Top - End - #130
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Default Where I'm Going

Hey all!

Some of you may know me. I am pretty active on the 5e forum. I just wanted to let anyone who cares, which probably isn't many, that I am taking a possibly permanent hiatus from the forum.

I started writing a book, I'm preparing to start a YouTube channel, and there is just too much going on right now for me to continue hanging around here.

I don't think anyone cares, I'm just howling into the void.

IF anyone wants to, they can use this thread as a way to signify if and when they are taking a break from the forum as well.

Bye for now!
    I steal Signatures, and like General Grevious, add them to my collection. Or, I would, if there wasn't a forum limit to signature length.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

Disappointed in my life in general, so I'm deleting most of the accounts I have no immediate need in. Since I can't delete this one, I'm just leaving it here.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Barbarian in the Playground

Could a mod please close my account
    I no long agree with the forum's rules and how they're being enforced.
    To find in order to lose; To fall in order to stand up
    To freeze in order to ignite; To find myself within, and not fear the edge
    To die in order to be reborn to the new world

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I doubt I will be posting on here anymore, I've moved to Discord full time. It's been great, have a good one!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

14. - Top - End - #134
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Well, it's been nice knowing you all, but I've just received the news that the last chance therapy has failed and that my cancer is terminal. Doctor is giving me weeks, a few months at the outside. So, I'll wish you all goodbye while I'm still capable of typing...farewell. Will still post on here when I can, but don't be surprised when I stop.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Well, it's been nice knowing you all, but I've just received the news that the last chance therapy has failed and that my cancer is terminal. Doctor is giving me weeks, a few months at the outside. So, I'll wish you all goodbye while I'm still capable of typing...farewell. Will still post on here when I can, but don't be surprised when I stop.
    Oh... I'm so sorry, factotum...

I may not have really known you that well, even in the forum sense, but you're a name I've come to recognize, and I've always found what you've had to say fairly insightful whenever I've come across it. I'm... going to miss seeing that around.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Oh... oh no. I'm so sorry, factotum, I really hoped you would beat this.
    There's no words. You are a good person and even if we don't know each other much, it was nice knowing you.

Be brave.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Oh my god, I'm so sorry.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

I'm so sorry to hear this and I wish I had better words than just hoping for the best for you. I hope you have time to spend with the people who mean the most to you.
    "But it always seemed weird to me to get mad about things going wrong, as if everything turning out OK was promised to anyone, ever. There wouldn't need to be paladins if the world was, like, fair." -Lien

Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    Howard Johnson Dame_Mechanus is right
    I get to be a favorite today!

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

I am sorry to read that. I wish you all the best in the time you have left. That said, I just have to know...

Pancreas or liver?
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    Pancreas or liver?
    Neither so far, but it's lymphoma so it could pop up anywhere next.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Wow. I'm very sorry to hear that.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Thanks for the good posts, and good luck with the rest.

I don't check this thread very often.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wow, that's horrible news. Glad you are still posting at the moment, we'll miss you. Hope your remaining time is comfortable and surrounded by loved ones.
    I'm pretty much the opposite of concise. If I fail to get to the point, please ask me and I'm happy to (attempt to) clarify.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Wish I'd seen this earlier. I don't think we ever talked directly much, but it's always nice seeing you around.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

I don't know you, but I've read your name and posts enough time to almost feel like I do. I'm genuinely sorry. My condolences.

I'm a stranger, so I won't attempt to offer any unasked advice - but I hope you manage to make the best of every day you have. Hope we all do.
    Screaming defiance with the last breath

It would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated.

My judgments and medals!

The Iron Chef Optimization spreadsheet!

Song, Sword, and Sorcery: my 5E homebrew half-caster bard (Version 2.0!)

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

I'm glad you're still around. This forum is a nice place to spend some of your final months.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

I am very sorry to hear that, factotum. I hope you will be enjoy these weeks fully and without pain.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Orc in the Playground

I'm headed out, for now at least! I feel like my waning interest in 5e and the future of d&d has led me to frequent the boards less frequently, but truth be told the main reason is that I think the debate climate on the d&d forums has deteriorated immensely over the past year or so, and it can mainly be traced to one bad faith poster who unfortunately still stays within the rules.

I still think GitP is a great little community and I will of course keep reading the comics, I just get more frustration than enjoyment out of the current forum climate.

Anyway, enough out of me. Have a great 2023 everyone!

29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm out, some of the forum approaches to things seem wonky; maybe its personal and I ticked the wrong person off, maybe its something else, but I don't think I will be posting here any time soon.
    Last edited by ToranIronfinder; 2023-01-22 at 06:46 PM. Reason: I reread this and it didn't come off as intended.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

I'm heading out. Just not really enjoying a lot of interactions here any more, and blocking people only does so much.

I may be back, I may not. Have a good one, everyone.