Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Request an Oots Style Avatar XXIII

Request filled
    Last edited by Hobbes1266; 2014-04-11 at 08:10 AM.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yung Crunk View Post
    Okay. I have an experimental idea. If it's dumb and you don't think anyone will do it, let me know and I'll go sit in the naughty corner, or whatever.

I would like an artist to create a character that they feel is suited to this piece of music. Any character at all. Man, woman, civilian, adventurer, fantasy, spaghetti western, steampunk, whatever. The limit is your imagination. I would like to use that character as my avatar. I place only one restriction on you; I'd like the character to be human (or, at least, humanoid).

Anyone up for it?
    I guess this is a repost.

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

3. - Top - End - #363

Quote Originally Posted by Emperordaniel View Post
    Equipment: Studded leather armor, headband, a spell component pouch, and a shortsword (yellow-glowing if unsheathed).
    Notable features: Hollow cheekbones, wrinkles around the eyes, generally looks roughed up.
    Hair color: Yellowish-brown
    Race: Elf
    Class: Cleric
    Pose you would like your avatar to be in: Facing to one side in some sort of combat pose (sword may be sheathed or unsheathed), in the process of casting a spell with a yellow magical aura.

Most of all, I'd appreciate it if the avatar could be done in the new OotS style of colored-in limbs. Thanks in advance
    Reposting this.

Member of the Phyrnglsnyx Pronunciation Pact

PHYRNGLSNYX
    Fear-en-gil-sniks

[fyːrŋlˌsnɪks]

Spoiler: Past Avatars
    Show

Current avatar by Cuthalion. Thanks a lot!

4. - Top - End - #364
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Equipment: Laser pistol
    Any other notable features: Eyepatch, long hair, beard, warts.
    Hair color: Brown with grey streaks, moustache is also grey.
    Race: Human
    Pose: Picking his... urm... nose? Eh- vague nose like area.

Essentially: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2FZeKXfBwD...restrained.jpg

Much 'ppreciation in advance.
    Last edited by Acco Spoot; 2014-04-10 at 05:57 PM.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Roxxy View Post
    Reference image:

Spoiler
    Show

Could I get Mulan with hipster glasses?
    Repost the first.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

Just wanted to say thanks to Elder Tsofu for the awesome avvy!

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

7. - Top - End - #367

Hello! Might I get an avatar based on this set of references for a Fire Emblem game I've joined?

Spoiler
    Show

Mug2 by Cyber

Name: Heather
    Equipment: Leather chest-guard, gloves, white knee-boots, leather tunic, her lance in hand, and perhaps a sheathed sword at her side(on a belt?)...facemask, and a bandanna on her head.
    Any other notable features: Her eyes are grey? Her banner themes are orange, so the lance is dyed that way as well(at least, until the spearblade, XD).
    Hair color: Blonde
    Race: Human
    Class: Pegasus Knight(Falcon Knight later)
    Pose you would like your avatar to be in: I'm not as mindful on this, and the pegasus doesn't even need to be around for this. She's a shy character, though, if that helps? This and this and this are different examples of uniforms that I was basing off of, XP.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 2014-04-12 at 01:59 AM.
    Avatar done by gurgleflep(<3). Ye Gallery Of Olde Avatars

8. - Top - End - #368
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yung Crunk View Post
    I guess this is a repost.
    We-ell, this is what my mind made... I understand if you don't want it. If so, I'll try again some other time.

Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

9. - Top - End - #369
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Hey there. Just a quick avatar request for you folks, whenever time permits.

If at all possible, I would like an avatar of Terry Bogard (in the OotS style, of course). Design's pretty simple, so I would hope that it won't be much of a hassle for whoever decides to take this request. Don't have a preference for any particular poses or anything. Just do whatever you think would work best. Here's a couple reference pictures to save you a Google Image search: uno and dos.

Thanks ahead of time.

10. - Top - End - #370

Hello Artists!

I would like to request an avatar for my Inuit-like people that life in a polar environment in the forum game Empire! I'm not sure how hard this is to do due to the fur clothing, but I would love it if you could give it a try. Even if it can't be done, thank you for considering it.

Idea: An OOTS-style Inuit in fur clothing, holding a spear.
    Gender: Preferably male, but if you have a great intuition for a female version that's nice too
    Clothing: Fur clothing that covers the entire body, including a hood so that only the face is visible with very little or no hair. Any naturally occuring color for the fur is good (brownish, gray, white or mixed). For the feet either fur boots or snowshoes. The fur clothing can make him look more corpulent than one would normally expect.
    Hood: If that is possible in stick-art, I would love for the hood to be an ushanka with the frontal flap folded up and two yellow/golden lenses in them (the idea being that they are lenses of amber that can be used as a kind of snowglasses when the flap is folded down)
    Skin: A light bronze / brown as one would expect for an Inuit or northern Native American
    Hair color: black if it is visible at all
    Beard: If male, either a short, well trimmed circle beard or no beard (if that would look weird with the fur clothing)
    Equipment: A spear with a metal tip, the shaft made of wood or bone
    Pose: Holding the spear passively in one or two hands or leaning on it, facing the viewer
    Background: I'm already asking for a lot so please consider this highly optional: a woolly mammoth
    Inuit avatar with cherry banana on top by Yanisa

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aspi View Post
    Hello Artists!

I would like to request an avatar for my Inuit-like people that life in a polar environment in the forum game Empire! I'm not sure how hard this is to do due to the fur clothing, but I would love it if you could give it a try. Even if it can't be done, thank you for considering it.

Idea: An OOTS-style Inuit in fur clothing, holding a spear.
    Gender: Preferably male, but if you have a great intuition for a female version that's nice too
    Clothing: Fur clothing that covers the entire body, including a hood so that only the face is visible with very little or no hair. Any naturally occuring color for the fur is good (brownish, gray, white or mixed). For the feet either fur boots or snowshoes. The fur clothing can make him look more corpulent than one would normally expect.
    Hood: If that is possible in stick-art, I would love for the hood to be an ushanka with the frontal flap folded up and two yellow/golden lenses in them (the idea being that they are lenses of amber that can be used as a kind of snowglasses when the flap is folded down)
    Skin: A light bronze / brown as one would expect for an Inuit or northern Native American
    Hair color: black if it is visible at all
    Beard: If male, either a short, well trimmed circle beard or no beard (if that would look weird with the fur clothing)
    Equipment: A spear with a metal tip, the shaft made of wood or bone
    Pose: Holding the spear passively in one or two hands or leaning on it, facing the viewer
    Background: I'm already asking for a lot so please consider this highly optional: a woolly mammoth
    I am still a novice at this whole avatar making, so I took the most bare bone basics you mentioned and tadaa:

Spoiler: Large Version
    Show

If you like it I can add more detailing later, so far I pretty proud I got that fur/wooly feeling of the hat and boots down.
    Proudly addicted to pointing out where exactly rules can be found.

___

What effects allow a saving throw?
    List of almost all 3.5 skills.

12. - Top - End - #372

Quote Originally Posted by Yanisa View Post
    I am still a novice at this whole avatar making, so I took the most bare bone basics you mentioned and tadaa:

Spoiler: Large Version
    Show

If you like it I can add more detailing later, so far I pretty proud I got that fur/wooly feeling of the hat and boots down.
    Oh, I like it, thank you for taking the time! That slightly mischievous smile fits just perfectly The difference in the size of the eyes seems a bit large to me (I know the Giant does it too, I guess it's just not my thing ). I like the pattern on the Torso, it's what I had in mind and couldn't describe and the lighting for the brown area works well!

Since you mentioned details, I'm wondering if I could suggest a few small changes? Specifically, I'm thinking it might look "puffier" if he had long sleeves and legs with the boots a bit bigger. The sides of the torso could be curved slightly outwards I think, making him a bit rounder in all the fur. Would it look too weird if the outside of his head was also a bit jagged like the white part? Maybe the spear could be tilted a bit to the left and the legs not entirely parallel to make it more dynamic, the way it is on my current avatar.

I definitely would like to use it!
    Last edited by aspi; 2014-04-18 at 01:56 PM.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Orc in the Playground

Hello Artists!

Did I miss anything?

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, I like it, thank you for taking the time! That slightly mischievous smile fits just perfectly The difference in the size of the eyes seems a bit large to me (I know the Giant does it too, I guess it's just not my thing ). I like the pattern on the Torso, it's what I had in mind and couldn't describe and the lighting for the brown area works well!

Since you mentioned details, I'm wondering if I could suggest a few small changes? Specifically, I'm thinking it might look "puffier" if he had long sleeves and legs with the boots a bit bigger. The sides of the torso could be curved slightly outwards I think, making him a bit rounder in all the fur. Would it look too weird if the outside of his head was also a bit jagged like the white part? Maybe the spear could be tilted a bit to the left and the legs not entirely parallel to make it more dynamic, the way it is on my current avatar.

I definitely would like to use it!
    Making the hat part jagged didn't really work, but I worked some points into it so it's less a giant circle and more a shape, if that makes sense, but that's not really noticeable on the avatar. I think I did hit all the other notes greatly, I do am a mathematical kind of person, so it's really hard to make things not symmetrical.

Redo:

Spoiler: Large version
    Show

If you want more, just asks. These small edits do prove to be some nice training.

___

15. - Top - End - #375

Thank you both so much! Now I am facing a real dilemma of choice I didn't quite expect
    Would it be alright with the two of you if I used both avatars and switched between them every now and then? Rulers of the nation in the forum-game this is for change every couple of weeks, so that would work nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwernt View Post
    Did I miss anything?

Looks great, thank you! The mammoth is so cute and fluffy!
    There is just one tiny detail: complete seriousness just doesn't work for these guys... could you give him a hint of a smile pretty please?

Making the hat part jagged didn't really work, but I worked some points into it so it's less a giant circle and more a shape, if that makes sense, but that's not really noticeable on the avatar. I think I did hit all the other notes greatly, I do am a mathematical kind of person, so it's really hard to make things not symmetrical.

Redo:

Spoiler: Large version
    Show

If you want more, just asks. These small edits do prove to be some nice training.
    Can't think of anything else about the person I'd change, it's great! I can't notice the points on the head unless I'm actively looking for them, but subconciously, they do give the hat a more natural feel.

However, since Qwernt also included a spear, maybe we could mix it up a bit: could you give the shaft of the spear an ivory color and make the tip narrower (maybe black and slightly ragged, as if it was made of obsidian) and impale a banana on it? It's an inside joke

16. - Top - End - #376
    Titan in the Playground

Requesting an Avatar of this character, preferably in a red gown or similar evening wear.
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2014-04-19 at 06:21 PM.

17. - Top - End - #377

Equipment: Studded leather armor, a spell component pouch, a glowing shortsword, and golden manacles with broken chains.
    Notable features: Hollow cheekbones, wrinkles around the eyes, generally looks to be in rough shape.
    Hair color: Yellowish-brown
    Race: Elf
    Class: Cleric
    Pose you would like your avatar to be in: As shown in the below reference image, more or less.

Most of all, I'd appreciate it if the avatar could be done in the new OotS style of colored-in limbs. Thanks in advance
    Reposting with some tweaks, and adding a reference image of sorts below, done by me in MS Paint (which I'm not the best at using for this sort of thing ):

Spoiler
    Show

PHYRNGLSNYX
    Fear-en-gil-sniks

[fyːrŋlˌsnɪks]

Show

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

However, since Qwernt also included a spear, maybe we could mix it up a bit: could you give the shaft of the spear an ivory color and make the tip narrower (maybe black and slightly ragged, as if it was made of obsidian) and impale a banana on it? It's an inside joke
    I didn't even know obsidian spear points were a real thing, but it's unique pattern is hard to emulate in an avatar size. I did take the shape and color (and even the color is hard to notice). I did succeed with the ivory spear, and I think that yellow blob looks like a banana.

___

19. - Top - End - #379

I didn't even know obsidian spear points were a real thing, but it's unique pattern is hard to emulate in an avatar size. I did take the shape and color (and even the color is hard to notice). I did succeed with the ivory spear, and I think that yellow blob looks like a banana.
    It looks great, thank you very much!

Can I use it directly from where you are hosting the image or should I upload it myself?

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

It looks great, thank you very much!

Can I use it directly from where you are hosting the image or should I upload it myself?
    Sure, you can for now. I wasn't planning to remove the avatar anytime soon, but I cant guarantee that for the far future.

___

21. - Top - End - #381
    Orc in the Playground

Reposting with some tweaks, and adding a reference image of sorts below, done by me in MS Paint (which I'm not the best at using for this sort of thing ):

Spoiler
    Show
    Gee, you give me a reference. I will try to clean it up for you. That said, investigate paint.net - you have enough talent to make Avatars if you get the right tool (most people do). With Paint.Net, the learning curve isn't too steep (which was good for me).

22. - Top - End - #382

Spoiler
    Show
    As some other artists around here may attest, MS Paint is quite capable of producing good avatars, though you also require another program such as GIMP or IrfanView to resize avatars. Paint.Net isn't strictly necessary (although it helps a lot! ).

For example, here is something I made yesterday in MS Paint (resized with IrfanView):

Spoiler: YellowCleric
    Show

Please rehost if you use it.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurien View Post
    As some other artists around here may attest, MS Paint is quite capable of producing good avatars, though you also require another program such as GIMP or IrfanView to resize avatars. Paint.Net isn't strictly necessary (although it helps a lot! ).

For example, here is something I made yesterday in MS Paint (resized with IrfanView):

Show

That is pretty Kurien. And I agree, those with the correct level of patience can do amazing things with good old MSPaint.

Here is what I whipped together. A more direct cleanup than Kurien's work

Spoiler: Bigger
    Show

24. - Top - End - #384
    Orc in the Playground

Thank you both so much! Now I am facing a real dilemma of choice I didn't quite expect
    Would it be alright with the two of you if I used both avatars and switched between them every now and then? Rulers of the nation in the forum-game this is for change every couple of weeks, so that would work nicely.

Looks great, thank you! The mammoth is so cute and fluffy!
    There is just one tiny detail: complete seriousness just doesn't work for these guys... could you give him a hint of a smile pretty please?

Can't think of anything else about the person I'd change, it's great! I can't notice the points on the head unless I'm actively looking for them, but subconciously, they do give the hat a more natural feel.

With a smile.
    Feel free to use either or both (but you might want to copy to your own photo bucket account - I might move things at some point).

25. - Top - End - #385
    Troll in the Playground

And on the other hand, I made something close to the original but farther than Qwernt. You'll have lots of options!

EDIT: Oh, what the heck. Another pose.

But seriously, use Kurien's first.
    Last edited by Cuthalion; 2014-04-21 at 09:26 PM.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

26. - Top - End - #386

With a smile.
    Feel free to use either or both (but you might want to copy to your own photo bucket account - I might move things at some point).
    Thank you! Looks very nice.

I made a local backup.

27. - Top - End - #387

Show

That is pretty Kurien. And I agree, those with the correct level of patience can do amazing things with good old MSPaint.

Here is what I whipped together. A more direct cleanup than Kurien's work

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    And on the other hand, I made something close to the original but farther than Qwernt. You'll have lots of options!

EDIT: Oh, what the heck. Another pose.

But seriously, use Kurien's first.
    They all look great! I'm going to use them all at some point (perhaps changing between them every couple of months?), since I'm finding it really difficult to choose just one to go with.

PHYRNGLSNYX
    Fear-en-gil-sniks

[fyːrŋlˌsnɪks]

Show

28. - Top - End - #388
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Badguy View Post
    Hey there. Just a quick avatar request for you folks, whenever time permits.

If at all possible, I would like an avatar of Terry Bogard (in the OotS style, of course). Design's pretty simple, so I would hope that it won't be much of a hassle for whoever decides to take this request. Don't have a preference for any particular poses or anything. Just do whatever you think would work best. Here's a couple reference pictures to save you a Google Image search: uno and dos.

Thanks ahead of time.
    Well, I didn't see anyone else working on this one... hopefully we don't triple up again

You didn't specify, so I tried using the new OotS style. Let me know if I missed anything.

29. - Top - End - #389

Quote Originally Posted by Roxxy View Post
    Repost the first.
    Is this what you requested?

Spoiler: Hipster Mulan
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Qwernt"
    Thanks . Aaaand oh boy, do I ever know about "the correct level of patience"...
    Last edited by Kurien; 2014-04-22 at 06:57 PM.

30. - Top - End - #390

Is this what you requested?

Spoiler: Hipster Mulan
    Show

Thanks . Aaaand oh boy, do I ever know about "the correct level of patience"...
    Yes, that's exactly what I wanted. Thank you!