New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside 14

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    Isabelle frowns and rubs her chin thoughtfully. This is a fairly...unique scenario. She's kind of not sure if this was really a good idea of Shayan's, since she doesn't really seem to have thought this out very thoroughly.

What could a carnivorous flower do that doesn't involve hunting...something?

"Waste disposal?"

Wait, what?

Isabelle pauses for a moment as she realises that probably makes no sense on its own. She walks over towards See and tries to take her hand, pull her up, and put a hand gently on her shoulder.

"I...let me explain. I'm just concerned for your safety, and if I'm being honest our safety as well. I do my own little experiments here that produce a lot of...waste. Dead animals. I can pretty easily ensure they're safe for you and you can help me out and keep yourself fed at the same time. Or, I could create some sort of rapidly breeding animal to provide you a constant food source and you can dedicate your time to finding something more substantial to do."
    Westside Greenhouse

"The closer that animal's meat is to human in nutritional value, the better it would be for her I think. Waste disposal, unless it's a hospital's corpse disposal, would likely not be sufficient. We need to run tests on just what her diet is, and I'd prefer if we don't delegate her feeding to roadkill and diseased bodies until we know there will be no negative consequences, even if they're only emotional." Shayan nearly lets loose with an emphatic sigh, and looks like she dearly wishes she could.

"For now, we can stave off the problem with bought livestock and testing while See decides for herself what direction her life should go. Your biology does not define your fate, not now or ever. If worse comes to worse, I'll ask Magtok for a favor and see if he has a place for you in his organization. He has a soft spot for helpless maidens shackled by circumstance." And catgirls, but that's a different matter entirely.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ogre in the Playground

Xifra and Salome's Apartment

Salome will attempt to drag the pair back into the apartment before curtaining.

Lotus Temple - April's Room

She'll find that over the course of the next couple hours that Juan's form slowly changes to the daemonic one she's viewed before, but when he changes all the purple is gone, instead replaced by whites and with swirling patterns in his skin. They're slightly hypnotic in an appealing way, capable of soothing anyone who looks on it for too long.

Lotus Temple - Magtok and Ashna

Jezebel takes a small glance at the flames before scowling at Magtok. "I recommend you either remove her presence or that she puts a leash on her emotions. She really does not want to damage anything here. It won't end well. For either of you." She tells the pair. "As for watchers, MERC is acceptable if they'll even bother."

Lotus Temple - Dalton

And the truck is off towards Outside!

Westside Greenhouse

See's ears fall. "So I'm a garbage disposal unit. Joy." She says with obvious distaste for the plan. "I don't see anything better I guess." She admits. "Especially since I don't even know if I can move yet."

After another moment she props her chin up on a hand, her tail swaying back and forth in boredom and thought. "Could be worse I suppose. I could be vegan. Would that be cannibalism? I can have a salad sometimes, can't I?" She looks questioningly at Shayan before giving a small smile of amusement.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2014-02-23 at 12:04 PM.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Orc in the Playground

[Message from Evolution Industries to the Tenebras Enforcers]

In the light of having weapons pointed at me for the audacity of being attacked, while having committed no crime in this city, Evolution Industries hereby:

-Ceases all weapons shipments to the Tenebras Enforcers, effective immediately.
    -Ceases all armor shipments to the Tenebras Enforcers, effective immediately.
    -Ceases all tech support to the Tenebras Enforcers, effective immediately.

Civilian operations such as the Class 3 installation and the Light of Evolution will continue as normal, as we do not believe the citizens of Westside, or Riverside as a whole, should suffer for the mistakes of their law enforcement.
    Well.

That's...blunt.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

4. - Top - End - #664
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lotus Temple

5/6 through pregnancy
    Anyone who enters Caelynn's room will find her cleaning her shotgun gauntlets, her ammo magazines, bandolier, and dust crystals (packed safely) all neatly arranged on a table.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

5. - Top - End - #665
    Troll in the Playground

Xifra and Salome's place

After curtains, Xifra is snuggly and sleepy. In fact, she'll probably sleep rather a long time, given the trauma of being ripped from her god and temporarily separated from her beloved.

Alice can get up at this point to leave, or timeskip to the next day.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #666
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Xifra and Salome's place

After curtains, Xifra is snuggly and sleepy. In fact, she'll probably sleep rather a long time, given the trauma of being ripped from her god and temporarily separated from her beloved.

Alice can get up at this point to leave, or timeskip to the next day.
    Alice is also exhausted by the curtains, and probably wakes up just before Xifra the next day. When she does, she is rather surprised by the situation she's gotten herself into and, more embarrassed than anything else, she tries to get dressed quietly and leave, without disturbing Xifra or Salome.

7. - Top - End - #667

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post

Jezebel takes a small glance at the flames before scowling at Magtok. "I recommend you either remove her presence or that she puts a leash on her emotions. She really does not want to damage anything here. It won't end well. For either of you." She tells the pair. "As for watchers, MERC is acceptable if they'll even bother."
    "I'm sure they will. Being paid to sit and do nothing, or save the world without trying very hard? Too much for Dippy's greed to turn down. And there's not much I can do about Ashna; believe it or not, she's someone else's wife, and passionately hates my guts, so..."

He pulls out a phone, dials a number, and hands the thing off to Ashna once it starts ringing. There, that should distract her.

"They don't like me either; you make the call."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

8. - Top - End - #668
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    "I'm sure they will. Being paid to sit and do nothing, or save the world without trying very hard? Too much for Dippy's greed to turn down. And there's not much I can do about Ashna; believe it or not, she's someone else's wife, and passionately hates my guts, so..."

He pulls out a phone, dials a number, and hands the thing off to Ashna once it starts ringing. There, that should distract her.
    "They don't like me either; you make the call."
    "What did you do to get MERC mad at you, Mags? They're like the most reasonable and easygoing organization you can meet." There, mock the cyborg, remind yourself that Jezebel is not intentionally endangering the NEXUS.

The flames are flickering quietly around Ashna's feet, orange and yellow and with a few tongues of black flame, but not damaging anything. Last time they tried to kill someone without permission went quite badly. They can burn this place in good time.

Ashna takes the phone, checking to see what number it's calling, and waits for someone to answer. "Hello. No, it's not Magtok. We're looking to get you to watch over someone who might cause the end of the world."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #669
    Orc in the Playground

Lotus Temple- April's Room

April is quite mesmerised by the pretty shifting patterns, and appears to be hypnotised- she's standing nearby, staring vacantly and completely still besides the fingers of her left hand, which are writhing and twisting in ways that shouldn't be possible for fingers. Her hand is also getting noticeably shorter as the bones inside split apart as the tentacles get longer.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

10. - Top - End - #670
    Ogre in the Playground

Westside-Cellar

Her sisters had stayed in Inside to make their hives, but Morticia wanted none of that competition. She left, hiding at day and feeding at night, until finally she came to Westside, basking in the ever present darkness that made it so perfect a hunting ground. That people rarely disturbed the massive cellar beneath the burnt out church was even better. She had her location for her hive...now all she needed was hosts for her daughters. People occasionally wandered by the old place when just walking about or looking for a place to do shady things, but she had eaten the only one to happen by so far.

She needed daughters to protect her hive, and to make daughters, she needed hosts or a mate...
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

11. - Top - End - #671

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    Westside-Cellar

Her sisters had stayed in Inside to make their hives, but Morticia wanted none of that competition. She left, hiding at day and feeding at night, until finally she came to Westside, basking in the ever present darkness that made it so perfect a hunting ground. That people rarely disturbed the massive cellar beneath the burnt out church was even better. She had her location for her hive...now all she needed was hosts for her daughters. People occasionally wandered by the old place when just walking about or looking for a place to do shady things, but she had eaten the only one to happen by so far.

She needed daughters to protect her hive, and to make daughters, she needed hosts or a mate...
    A young human wanders into the church, dressed in a short-sleeved white dress shirt worn under a light brown vest with a school emblem on the left side, and a dark tan pocketed skirt that reaches halfway down to the thigh.
    She has hazel eyes, fair skin, and black hair tied in a ponytail.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    A young human wanders into the church, dressed in a short-sleeved white dress shirt worn under a light brown vest with a school emblem on the left side, and a dark tan pocketed skirt that reaches halfway down to the thigh.
    She has hazel eyes, fair skin, and black hair tied in a ponytail.
    Morticia crawls up a rotting rafter, hanging upside down over the woman, reaching out with her mind to try to batter her mental defenses and make things easier.

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

13. - Top - End - #673

Morticia crawls up a rotting rafter, hanging upside down over the woman, reaching out with her mind to try to batter her mental defenses and make things easier.
    She'll likely be surprised to be replies to!
    Hello, what are you doing?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

14. - Top - End - #674
    Ogre in the Playground

She'll likely be surprised to be replies to!
    Hello, what are you doing?
    Morticia has no clue how to respond to this, still bring young and not quite as clever as she should be yet. Prey don't talk back, be they host or food?

You are prey? Not-prey?

(Recaiden) He lives!

15. - Top - End - #675

Morticia has no clue how to respond to this, still bring young and not quite as clever as she should be yet. Prey don't talk back, be they host or food?

You are prey? Not-prey?
    Not Prey.
    She replies.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ogre in the Playground

Not Prey.
    She replies.
    Morticia drops down and lands on her hind legs, standing to a full two and a half meters, looming over the woman as she inspects her.

Not daughter. Not egg. Too weak for mate.

(Recaiden) He lives!

17. - Top - End - #677

Morticia drops down and lands on her hind legs, standing to a full two and a half meters, looming over the woman as she inspects her.

Not daughter. Not egg. Too weak for mate.
    The girl, intimidated slightly, stands her ground.
    So, what am I then?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

18. - Top - End - #678
    Ogre in the Playground

The girl, intimidated slightly, stands her ground.
    So, what am I then?
    I do not know. What are you? Not daughter, not prey, not egg...

(Recaiden) He lives!

19. - Top - End - #679

I do not know. What are you? Not daughter, not prey, not egg...
    Friend?
    She suggests.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ogre in the Playground

Friend?
    She suggests.
    Morticia circles the woman, examining her.

What is friend?

(Recaiden) He lives!

21. - Top - End - #681

Morticia circles the woman, examining her.

What is friend?
    An ally. Someone who helps you.
    she explains.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ogre in the Playground

An ally. Someone who helps you.
    she explains.
    Morticia thinks it over.

Help...yes...

Bring prey for strong daughters. Strong prey.

(Recaiden) He lives!

23. - Top - End - #683

Morticia thinks it over.

Help...yes...

Bring prey for strong daughters. Strong prey.
    The girl nods.
    understood.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ogre in the Playground

The girl nods.
    understood.

Good. Bring prey, and hive welcome you.

Morticia attempts a smile, baring her teeth and drooling.

(Recaiden) He lives!

25. - Top - End - #685

Good. Bring prey, and hive welcome you.

Morticia attempts a smile, baring her teeth and drooling.
    The girl nods.
    Got it.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #686
    Halfling in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Exbourne Manor

"You certainly have potential, if you just put your mind to it, you can be pretty much anything you want to be. You just got to ask yourself what you want to do, you're an intelligent woman. There must be something you're especially interested in." Astrana replies.

Northside- Moth Park

Cybil was taking some great risks coming here but she simply couldn't let the Burglar go off alone against Malechenar itself, even if he knew the way in getting out would be nearly impossible.

He was on his way to the fourth tower compound and the quickest way to there was probably through the park. Plus hiding in the crowd was her best bet of staying away from the gargoyles and Malechenar's other spies.

As she walks she can't help but notice the shipping container standing in the middle of the park. Others had noticed it but they were staying away, probably came from being in the nexus for a long time, don't trust anything which suddenly appeared, it could be dangerous.

She could just walk it past, just ignore it and leave someone else to eventually open and discover what was in. Yet she couldn't just do that could she? She couldn't just ignore something potentially dangerous (or valuable).
    So she goes to attempt to open it up.

[Club Pulse]

I imagine curtains would take place, we don't really have to get into great detail until the two get back to the car. Not sure what Cassidy is doing but I'm sure everyone has a great time overall. *nodnod*
    "My head is spinning, we probably should... drive wherever." Dena states, waving her hand at the robotic driver.

[Malechenar Laboratory]

"Yes, a spirit, but not any spirit. It must be able to maintain a great deal of enchantments after all. A strong bring with a powerful soul." Ryhe observes without answering Sticks joke question.
    He then puts his hands upon the model handed to him, letting his fingers feel the shape and form of it. "No, the idea has potential but a prison would an unnecessary feature. I rarely leave this place so most of the time caging won't be necessary. However, storing spells is an excellent idea and I think I have another one. Spirits and ghosts are usually invisible and transparent, they can go through walls unseen. While I want this wonder to keep people away with it's frightening visage not all parts of it have to be visible. What if we tie a powerful spirit into first and then tie a great deal of lesser spirits to that as well as servants of sort. The leader can control the lesser ones which acts as it's eyes and ears, capable of leaving the body to scout the surroundings without being seen themselves. That way it would have many eyes and angles to watch from." Ryhe let's go of the model and places it upon the table again before clasping his hands.

[Malechenar Castle]

Yes, unless Jim wants more help the scene can probably come to a close here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Club Pulse

Cassidy goes along with the group, and is more than willing to participate in curtain-related activities, though she won't let Belli or Lorenzo bite her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Club Pulse]

It looks like Bello gets to spend some quality time somewhere with Dena while Lorenzo gets double the fun with Tina and Cassidy. He certainly won't complain about that. The only person who experiences a vampire bite this evening is Fettina, though, as she's the one who's looking to experience that.

Afterward, the men will go their own way leaving the three women to get back together and continue their night as they're inclined to.

((And with that, you three are on your own. *Bows out of scene*))

[Club Pulse --> Tina's Limo]

Tina, at the end of all this, is probably sitting in Cassidy's lap with a glazed expression plastered on her face. Two puckered red holes are quietly knitting themselves up on her neck. She breathes with a shudder, nestled up against her newest playmate. The combination of drugs, vampire bites and intense curtaining seems to have overstimulated her.

"'Tavern?" She asks in as game a voice as she can muster. What she really needs is sleep, but this night just can't end. Not like that.

[Malchenar Laboratory]

"My lord," Sticks says, with a sudden and slight quaver in his reedy voice. "What if I told you I know precisely a way to do just that? Tie lesser spirits to a greater. That is."

He knows he shouldn't. He knows he shouldn't have suggested spirits or souls or what have you as the animating factor to begin with. But... it's what he knows. And he knows it so very well. He can hope, only, that this project is worth it, and that Ryhe can keep his most foul of talents a secret.

"I've done it before."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #687

Tina's Limo

Cassidy is leaning back in her seat, an arm lazily draped around Tina. She makes the suggestion of a tavern, and she lightly laughs. "You're kiddin, right? All that, and you're till raring to go?"

28. - Top - End - #688
    Troll in the Playground

[Jezebel's Room]

Invidia is stopped!
    She nods, and sheathes her sword.
    Yeah... You're right.
    "Just come here and relax," Chloe says softly, shifting to offer her lap, arms open.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

29. - Top - End - #689

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Jezebel's Room]

"Just come here and relax," Chloe says softly, shifting to offer her lap, arms open.
    Invidia does so, hugging back of the idea was to hug, partially because she likes the company and partially because she thinks declining would be rather rude.
    Thanks, Chloe.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-02-25 at 08:30 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

30. - Top - End - #690

Somesidethat'suptothereplier

A certain Scientific railgun 15 year old walks down the street, warily looking around.

CLOSED SCENE
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show