Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside 14

[Wildside]

Things raise to a critcal point. He can't really act, because this construct may be a shelter for the thing he looks for and it would be much better to get that information. He will wait.
    Hisshadow in that time tries to make out how the one he follows goes around, maybe that way he can guess where the others are. This might help real Fade to notice them before they attack him.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #1412

Fourth Tower Compound

"Oh they might try to recruit your for some epic revenge quest or have you tell their relatives that they love them. A real bother. My family do it all the time and half of them aren't even human! You better not talk to them when we do this by the way, they're..." She pauses for a moment. "...well, let's get this thing rolling. What exactly did you want to ask Bigfang exactly? Some mathematical proof"

The Dare Knight Raises (again)

The webbing sticks to the gargoyle's wing, but it doesn't make it unable to use it, her line does break the other gargoyles oath however but as she attempts to go in between them the third gargoyle increases it's speed, furious at the one that rode on it's back, and tries to headbutt her in the back.

Apartment Block

We call ourselves demons, and that's what you are too, no? I like to think that makes our goals very similar The vulture replies.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Titan in the Playground

Apartment Block

Adele frowns, and think, Well, then. Do you lack a master?

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Dare Knight Falls (again)

"Oof!" Charnel is headbutted, and falls a bit. A membrane spreads from her arms to her legs and she goes into a glide instead of a fall. She gets some distance and fires another line up, to get more speed and height, since the fun of this situation is to be in the air.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Ogre in the Playground

Fourth Tower Compound

"Proof regarding the existence or non existence of the being known as Chadwick the Forgotten, yes. And uh, who exactly was this fellow?" it certainly didn't sound like a normal human or 'taur's name.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

6. - Top - End - #1416

[A Rather Small Apartment]

The Scordatura nods and sympathizes.

Then, she feels something in her fingers. No, no, no...not now. Not now, please not now. She clenches her teeth and shivers. Wait a few minutes. Maybe a glass of water would help? Then, she looks back out the still-open door. "Hey," she says to Elaine, still looking out the door. "I should probably get going now, but could I have a glass of water before I leave?" She sounds a little desperate. But, probably not a problem. People have water all the time, right? It's a normal thing.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

7. - Top - End - #1417

[The Heist!]

The gears finally click in the Burglar's head when it complains about job-hunting, with a blink of sudden comprehension. Right. A talking lock, that's weird alright, but a talking lock with poor employment prospects, well, that's just a normal Joe like him. Relatable. "Oh. So you, I guess, you're some kinda demon stuck in there, uh, right?" He shuffles in closer, cupping a hand over his mouth to whisper to the lock. "Um, I know this, uh, this place that's hiring. I could get you out of there. You haven't already set off the alarm?"
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2014-04-18 at 01:22 AM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Titan in the Playground

Elaine nods and says "Alright, no problem. Just give me a sec," as she heads into the kitchen to get a glass of water. However, it takes her a moment or two to actually get the water, ending her turn here.

9. - Top - End - #1419

The gargoyle she rode on flies after her with an expression frozen in rage, it tries to tackle her this time and take a bit out of her with it's sharp teeth before she can swing upwards again.

Fourth Tower Compound

"Oh, he was a gnoll. You know of those hyena-like fellows? For some reason he spoke really poor etherian while everyone else speaks it perfectly. He was trying to finish some holy quest and wasn't careful enough." Zareen explains. "Quite an eccentric character that one, probably won't be too talkative unless you ask the right questions."

[The Heist!]

"What kind of job?" The voice replies, now suddenly sounding suspicions. "Who'd hire a simple lock imp huh?"

Apartment Block

I am my own master. A leader of my kin, I do not leave underlings to do diplomacy. They don't go very well with others as you might understand. The voice replies. This is an one-time offer, otherwise I shall go to someone else. There are plenty who'd be interested.

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Titan in the Playground

Apartment Block

Adele frowns and replies to it, I serve an imprisoned Demon Lord named Galthalagos. Would you be interested in helping us free him?

11. - Top - End - #1421

Apartment Block

Then what does this 'demon lord' of yours want? The vulture asks in return.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Ogre in the Playground

Fourth Tower Compound

Well. That doesn't sound good. "I don't know that tongue. Do I have to ask all the questions? This is all very new to me." he's also never met a gnoll. He thinks he's seen one, but never spoken to one.

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Dwarf in the Playground

"No no no!" Charnel is tackled, but fires a ball of webbing at the gargoyle's face to block its eyes and mouth. "I'll play, but no one is happy when people start biting." Her body then twists, pushing what is possible for a human's anatomy, and becomes slippery. Between that and being much stronger than a normal human, she tries to wriggle out of the gargoyle's arms and back into the air. However, this time she lets herself fall, aiming for a pair of tall buildings.

14. - Top - End - #1424

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post

Elaine nods and says "Alright, no problem. Just give me a sec," as she heads into the kitchen to get a glass of water. However, it takes her a moment or two to actually get the water, ending her turn here.

The Scordatura taps her foot. Faster pace. Now, at a faster pace again. Faster. Waiting...and only four or five seconds have passed. Maybe she could...no. How about...? No. No. No. Deep breath: in, out. Clench fists.

In the next apartment over, there's a loud crash and a boom. Oops. The Scordatura glances at the wall; shoot, that was her fault. She should get out of here quickly, before anything else happens...
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

15. - Top - End - #1425

[The Heist!]

"Well, maybe no-one told you cause, uh, y'know, you're stuck in there, but there's a demon running most gangs around here now." Can't imagine a lock gets too much news. "And, hey, you know about locks. Which is, er, pretty much the best skill to have around here."

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Apartment Block

Then what does this 'demon lord' of yours want? The vulture asks in return.
    Adele smiles and replies, Freedom. He is trapped in a prison between dimensions. After that? I don't know. I was just told to spread his name and increase his power.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post

The Scordatura taps her foot. Faster pace. Now, at a faster pace again. Faster. Waiting...and only four or five seconds have passed. Maybe she could...no. How about...? No. No. No. Deep breath: in, out. Clench fists.

In the next apartment over, there's a loud crash and a boom. Oops. The Scordatura glances at the wall; shoot, that was her fault. She should get out of here quickly, before anything else happens...
    Elaine looks up at the crash and says, Are you okay? What happened? as she comes back with a glass full of water.
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2014-04-18 at 04:05 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1427

The gargoyle is hit in the face and starts to thrash around wildly as it's blinded. Then... it suddenly stops flapping it wings while Charnel is trying to wriggle free, attempting to take her down in the fall. It would probably survive, but would she?

[The Heist!]

"I don't believe you! I might have been stuck here for long but I'm not stupid. Besides, we demons deal in contracts, not some feeble mortal promises. But hey, it looks like we're at an impasse, once you cut through the door I lose my job, but then I'll alert security and will watch them suck out all your memories. So you better talk to me here mortal or you're in trouble." The lock imp replies.

Apartment Block

I see. The vulture replies in the same monotone voice. And what can you give us in exchange and how can we help you exactly? I have armies at my beck and call...

Fourth Tower Compound

"Oh you do sweetie, in fact, you're talking it right now." Zareen replies with a grin. "Everyone speaks it it seems, some magic of this realm I guess. But you have to ask the questions, I'm doing the ritual after all. Besides, I'm doing this for free aren't I?"

18. - Top - End - #1428

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Elaine looks up at the crash and says, Are you okay? What happened? as she comes back with a glass full of water.

She nods. "Yes, it was just nothing," she says, nonchalant. Or, at least, she tries to. Her left hand's shaking and her right foot's still tapping quickly.

Her eyes darting back and forth, the Scordatura reaches up with her right hand to grab the glass of water. As she holds it in her hand, small bubbles begin forming in the water. She quickly gulps it down. "Thank-you," she says, handing the cup (now frosty and chilled) back. "I really need to get going." She steps towards the door.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Ogre in the Playground

Fourth Tower Compound

Arty nods, defeated. "I suppose so. Very well. Please, continue. I'll follow whatever instructions are necessary." says the centaur, trying to get comfortable on his seat and steeling himself for what's to come.
    He's not expecting anything particularly sensible.

20. - Top - End - #1430

[The Heist!]

"Woah, woah. Uh, not a mortal here. Cuthun demon." Can the imp even see him? Frowning, the thief waves a hand around the lock. "Just, y'know, disguised right now? There was, um, this whole, uh, this whole thing, so my normal face isn't very welcome." Which is more than he'd like to say, but it's not like the lock can get him in any more trouble if it decides to raise the alarms.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2014-04-18 at 09:46 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post
    [THE TOY TINKER]

((Ah, I didn’t catch that, sorry.))

Uzume agrees to Sticks' proposition and waits patiently while he copies a phone number onto a note for her. "Thanks," she tells him as she accepts the piece of paper and pockets it. "I'll give you a call this weekend, promise." She starts turning toward the door but stops about halfway, her expression implying concern. For a moment, it seems like she might have something else to say, but she shakes her head and puts on a smile again, putting aside whatever's got her worried for the time. "Well, I'll talk to you soon," the doppelganger says, and assuming that nothing or no one stops her, she'll walk out onto Copper Street, hurrying off in the direction of Inside...

((Say, just for reference: was that scene at the Southside river meant for anyone in particular? It sounds really interesting, but there's no indication if it's open or closed...))
    ((Oh no, Sticks never actually suggested tea, I meant he was going to but ended up not doing so))

Sticks waves her goodbye, a melancholy smile lingering on his mouth. "I do hope so," He replies in a small voice, after she's already gone. The tall man looks after his new friend a little while, giving Jim plenty of time to say something if he so wishes.

((Well, I did say 'if anyone happens to pass by' but I should have been a bit more specific. Yes, it's open to anyone who's interested in a bit of monster chasing. Or Sticks-investigating, for that matter))

Malchenar

"Ahh, a collector of knowledge, the most noble of endeavors!" Indeed, Ryhe sounds rather excited about his choice. "We seems to share a passion then, I may not be able to read but I gather knowledge none the less, just in a more fluid form." He taps his helmet gently. "But that doesn't mean I have a big collection of books, rather the opposite in fact. Both the fourth tower and my kin are quite intrigued by the written word. Is there any specific subject you're interested in do you just want to cover every corner?"
    "N-noble, yes," Sticks agrees, a bit thrown off by Ryhe's enigmatic interest. Of course, that's hardly fair. Amidst nobles and wizards, let he who is... totally sane cast the first stone. "Well, my lord, the spirits of the fair folk and their realms have been... quite interesting to me, of late. And if you, perhaps, had a grimoire or two on the inner workings of the soul, or related subjects?" While it was unlikely, there was no reason not to ask. Suppose the Lord or the Fourth possessed a copy of Adrian's Architecture of the Soul, or the Star-bound Scrolls? Or something more precious? Some tome who's name had never even reached his ears? Yes, it was worth asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Southside Chase By The River's Side

Well, it just so happens that the two are noticed by a woman clad in a navy blue military jacket with a design of an ink pen on the back, black cargo pants, jet black combat boots, matching black fingerless gloves, and, oddly, a whip with serrated edges wrapped around her waist like a belt. This attractive, athletic woman with fair skin and an amber eye (the right eye socket is covered by a bandage) stands up from her perch on a wall, and darts after the beast, drawing her whip and slashing the serrated weapon at the beast's legs to ensnare them and topple the owner of them!
    The whip snaps brilliantly around two thick metal calves, and the creature falls, the sound of it's landing muffled by the muddy ground. It crumples and lies there in a heap, it's true shape difficult to distinguish. Jagged limbs of rusty, clockwork machinery eke out from an enormous, ragged brown cloth, some sort of tarp or large cloak. The covering is ruined, frayed at the edges and covered with small holes.

Sticks, meanwhile, keeps running! He's not stopping for anything, short of being tripped himself. Poor fellow's scared out of his wits.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2014-04-18 at 06:52 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gulaghar. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Titan in the Playground

She nods. "Yes, it was just nothing," she says, nonchalant. Or, at least, she tries to. Her left hand's shaking and her right foot's still tapping quickly.

Her eyes darting back and forth, the Scordatura reaches up with her right hand to grab the glass of water. As she holds it in her hand, small bubbles begin forming in the water. She quickly gulps it down. "Thank-you," she says, handing the cup (now frosty and chilled) back. "I really need to get going." She steps towards the door.
    Elaine looks at the glass, and then nearly drops it in shock at it's chill as she raises an eyebrow nervously and says, "Umm...What's going on? Are you okay?"

Apartment Block

I see. The vulture replies in the same monotone voice. And what can you give us in exchange and how can we help you exactly? I have armies at my beck and call...
    Adele nods and replies, We are few in number, but great in power. Myself and my daughters can all convert mortals into demons like us, and we control a retinue of ghouls as well.
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2014-04-18 at 08:18 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1433

[A rather small apartment]

"Y-yes, yes," the Scordatura replies. She stumbles out the door, almost falling. She catches herself on the ground with a hand, and pushes herself back up.

As she gets up, a scorchmark is left behind in the shape of her hand.
    "I just, bye. Thank you," she says as she runs.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Titan in the Playground

[A rather small apartment]

"Y-yes, yes," the Scordatura replies. She stumbles out the door, almost falling. She catches herself on the ground with a hand, and pushes herself back up.

As she gets up, a scorchmark is left behind in the shape of her hand.
    "I just, bye. Thank you," she says as she runs.
    Elaine follows the Scordatura to the door, and calls after her, "W-wait! What's going on? But by then, the Scordatura is already gone. Elaine looks down at the handprint and mutters, "What the hell... but doesn't pursue the strange woman.

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Wildside]

Things raise to a critcal point. He can't really act, because this construct may be a shelter for the thing he looks for and it would be much better to get that information. He will wait.
    Hisshadow in that time tries to make out how the one he follows goes around, maybe that way he can guess where the others are. This might help real Fade to notice them before they attack him.
    The spiders who remained behind keep spinning their cocoon. Those who left seem to be simply scouting, and eventually turn around to return to the starting point.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

26. - Top - End - #1436

Malenchar

A pink figure approaches!
    Caelia "Macbeth" Luna, a pink-haired, pale-skinned, pink eyed woman with a bright fanged smile, clad in a pink dress shirt, black skirt, pink boots, and a hot pink scarf, walks up to the castle
    Avatar by Gulaghar, thanks so much!
    "People wanted to be fooled. They really believed that you found gold nuggets lying on the ground, that this time you could find the Lady, that just for once the glass ring might be real diamond. You had to give them a show.”
    ~Going Postal, by Terry Pratchett

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtok
    If it'll keep you from linking that abomination ever again, then fine. You're evil enough. You win.

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Dwarf in the Playground

The gargoyle is hit in the face and starts to thrash around wildly as it's blinded. Then... it suddenly stops flapping it wings while Charnel is trying to wriggle free, attempting to take her down in the fall. It would probably survive, but would she?

"OH SNAP YOU'RE DOING IT"

"HERE WE GO! LOOK OUT BELOW! ATOMIC PILEDRIVER, BABY!"

From her feet emerges what at first seems to be a line of web with a bulb on the end, which after a moment will bloom out into a drag chute. Between that, the twisting, and the slipperiness, that gargoyle is going to have to be clever to keep a hold of her until they get to the ground!

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Ogre in the Playground

[An Alley in Westside]

Dipsnig and Rilla will arrive in an alley in Westside, quiet, like in Inside and Skyside. Once again, she plants a sensor plate into the concrete, where it sticks in with spikes. A short synchronization with her bracer and the other plates and she'll be ready to go, hopping back onto Kullervo so they can head out. "To the hunting grounds then," she says a bit worriedly. She sent Bert the Golem ahead, as they could travel between the cities faster without him, so he'll be waiting when they arrive.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

29. - Top - End - #1439

Eastside: Closed Scene

Invidia, a tall drowalath (6' 10", actually) with purple eyes, obsidian skin with a slight red tinge, and long orange hair that reaches her waist, with a slender form, large breasts, wide hips, and full lips, clad in a white silk shirt that shows off a bit of cleavage, matching pants, and military boots, strides down the street. One who can see spirits will observe red spirits swirling around her faintly.
    A long blade hangs from her hip, and one might be able to tell that leather armor is worn under her clothing as well.
    As she walks, she suddenly looks alert as screaming is heard nearby, and from an alleyway a huge twisted mockery of her kind, a drow with enormous spines jutting from his back, long claws, his arms mutated into legs, and a snarling, canine mouth jutting out of his face, covered in blood, rushes out, and indicia draws her blade, waiting for it to make the next move.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-04-19 at 05:38 PM.
    Avatar by Gulaghar, thanks so much!
    "People wanted to be fooled. They really believed that you found gold nuggets lying on the ground, that this time you could find the Lady, that just for once the glass ring might be real diamond. You had to give them a show.”
    ~Going Postal, by Terry Pratchett

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtok
    If it'll keep you from linking that abomination ever again, then fine. You're evil enough. You win.

30. - Top - End - #1440

Fourth Tower Compound

"Don't worry now. Just take my hands and close your eyes, I will recite the proper incarnation and you will be crossing over to the world of the dead in no time." Zareen claims as she offers her scaled hands. "Never open your eyes though, that would end the seance. Just listen to the voices, reply to them and don't freak out if the ghosts starts touching you. They often do to be reminded of their lost bodies."

Below Malenchar

The castle is actually in the skies, but she can approach the gate to the community underneath the castle. There she will be met by a broad-shouldered dark-skinned man in a blue golden buttoned uniform with a black helmet. "How may I help you m'am?" He asks politely. Near by she can see more guards looking at her curiously. She might note that everyone is dark-skinned around here for some reason.

Apartment Block

I see. But you didn't answer my other question. How exactly can we help you free this demon lord of yours? We'd prefer to do it in the most indirect fashion as possible. Trying to lay low at the moment. But we aren't afraid to show ourselves if the reward is tempting enough... The vulture replies.

Malchenar

"The fair folk you say? Or the fey or fae as well as many other titles. I believe I have what you need in my personal library. Why don't we take a break from the project and take a visit there?" The door to the laboratory opens up seemingly on it's own and Ryhe gestures for Sticks to go first. "I believe it will suit your tastes, one collector to another."

Whoops, it loses it's grip and continues crashing to the ground with a roar. Bye, bye gargoyle!

This doesn't mean her troubles are over though as the rest of the flock is swarming at her location. One of them swooping down at her from above and trying to grip her arm with it's claws while another is trying to cut her drag chute. The rest of them are simply gathering around, trying to block her escape if she should attempt to swing away, limiting her maneuverability by basically forming a sky-wall around her. They seem better organized now than a few moments ago.

[The Heist!]

The burglar can hear the imp giggle from the lock. "Is it because you're so ugly otherwise? But really, I never heard of them demons and it doesn't really matter who you are. Unless I get a new gig you get out or I'll scream, sound the alarm, all of the above. You got that buddy?" It says.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-04-19 at 05:36 PM.