Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Argen Apostasy (Dark Heresy - OOC)

Not exactly the best you could hope for, taking hits like a little girl but you know things that lead to corruption and insanity...
    Currently sick as a dog and unable to focus properly. Will heal soon.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

Oh Emperor, confessors. I totally forgot about them. And I'm at 7 corruption...

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

... Oh, bad, bad mind. "Spiritual Succor" is reminding me of the DH game where I'm playing a Psyker... one of the NPCs was the "Holy Hooker". Inadvertently using a bunch of lines that could easily be misconstrued like:
    Spoiler
    Show

"Is there any service that I can perform for you, traveler?" (To a bunch of voidmen getting off a long trip)

... has been aroused, it's apparent that she's starved for contact and absolutely bubbly with the thought of being of use.

Finally, adjusting the tie of her robes

"I would be more than happy to assist you."

She eagerly takes your arm and, even while following, seems to sweep you along with her.

"and here I am, tending to the souls of the stations. Um, well, their bodies, mostly"

"I am yours to do with as you will!"

And afterwards the Father who watched over the Novice said:

"Are they (Quint's "Troubles") dutifully relieved?"

... I need a mind scrub.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, Psykers are good for that! And we've got two!

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Maybe more. I think another person is going to apply with yet another Psyker.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

And we all know how well the first Psy Power check went...You've actually scarred me Arc. I think I'm unable to make a DH joke that doesn't relate to that train now.
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2014-02-05 at 08:53 PM.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Tentacle paaarty.

Well see if I can maintain the scare factor.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Halfling in the Playground

Would I know if there was a psykana facility on the planet, or a place that would monitor strange psychic activity?

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by ArcturusV View Post
    Not exactly the best you could hope for, taking hits like a little girl but you know things that lead to corruption and insanity...
    Well, she is sinister.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Sort of, to the extent that the Ecclesiarchy keeps tabs on rumors of psychics, witches, etc, gathering up new psykers, etc, to be tithed (As Rekka and Elena know first hand).

But no Schola Psykana, no. Psychic Training in the Argen Cluster is handled in a private system given over to it for Security reasons. It's not "on the maps" and short of a few rare people and the Black Ships, no one really knows where it is. Just that it exists.

... which is also your first clue that the "Argen Cluster Primer" is not a full accounting of worlds in the cluster. Just commonly known ones/huge plot beacon ones/ones you can track down information leading to if you were stubborn, in a realistically achievable fashion.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

So I am at the point in character creation where I find uses for the starting thrones... first item on the list is obtaining better firearm(s) than a stub revolver... Need a quick GM ruling, not sure if the issue has come up yet or not: Ammunition compatibility. It is specifically stated that Stub revolver rounds work in Stub automatics, but in your opinion ArcturusV, does the same hold true for Autopistols/guns? Furthermore, would the Steadholder lever action rifle use Stub rounds, "lever action rifle rounds," or something else? I know RL is rarely/never a good indicator for 40k, but my gut reaction to "Lever action" is pistol rounds... This is another reason I prefer Las weapons... no question about ammo compatibility!

12. - Top - End - #522
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Actually by RAW back in DH days, there was a problem with Packs, in that a Long Las Pack was not a Lascannon Pack was not a Laspistol pack, etc. Least as I remember it. They simplified it for later games, but kept the complexity for SP, possibly to try to dissuade people from what was true before, that SP was strictly better than Las in earlier editions.

In particular, throw me up some pertinent info or tell me where I'm looking. I got a lot of books to remember one particular item name....

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Mostly I meant how a Basic charge pack fits any basic las weapon, ditto for pistol charge packs and heavy charge packs. Three different, distinct charge packs with three different names, each for a specific weapon class. Instead of just "bullets: which may not always fit every SP weapon that isn't a shotgun." .

Specifically: Steadholder Lever Action Rifle, Description on Page 118 of IH, Stats on 121 of same (it's lever action and therefore ambidextrous in operation darn it !) And the Armsman-10 stub pistol (Description page 114 of IH, Stats on 121 as well).

Edit: Steadholder says "heavy caliber rifle," but I hope either they've fixed the current problems with loading pointed bullets into a lever action rifle, it's rimfire, or it is using rounded/flat bullets like a pistol might... (pointed bullets when loaded into a tube have the potential to cause a detonation, as the tip of the rear bullets might set off the primer of the bullet in front...)

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

On Weapons:

Generally I'm going to look at 3 things: Weapon Damage Profiles, Classifications, and Description.

Note that the examples of weapons that we know works together, Stub Revolvers and Stub Automatics, are both pistols, same damage class (1d10+3), and the description itself mentions a clear relationship between the two. This is a match set, lock. It works.

Looking at the Armsman-10, you got a Pistol which is mentioned as being related to the Naval Sidearms, with a Damage Profile of 1d10+3. Naval pistols though are better related to Hand Cannons (1d10+4 damage, small clip, etc), than they are to Stub Revolvers and Automatics (The other pistol with the 1d10+3 profile). My gut reaction is to say that that the Armsman-10 shares ammo with the Autopistol actually. So a different family of Auto-Pistol and Armsman-10.

Same process for the Steadholder. It's a lever action, but it's clear from the description that it is not in fact a Carbine. The damage profile is in an odd point where nothing else is dead on really, except Shotguns. But not really as it lacks Scatter and Solid Slug shotguns hit harder (At shorter ranges). My gut feel for it is to assign it a family along the lines of Heavy Stubber/Sniper Rifle/Steadholder for higher caliber, "battle rifle" sort of rounds, compared to the lighter Assault Rifle rounds of the Autogun.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Thanks, good to know how many different types of ammunition are needed to buy, and what to looking for when reclaiming ammunition from heretics or who in the party has exchangeable rounds.. The Armsman-10 struck me as an autopistol when I read the profile given the clip size and damage, but then the fluff made an offhand comment about it being a stub pistol... . In all honesty autopistol makes more sense though .

Alright, just have to decide on spare gear and additional ammo!
    Sheet done! Backstory to follow when I'm not switching from graveyard to first shift... Nihila Mithras
    Backstory:
    Spoiler
    Show
    =][= Accessing Inquisitorial records...
    =][= Access Granted.
    =][= Thought For The Day: A single thought of heresy can blight a lifetime of faithful duty.

Excepts from the personal records of Sister Famulous Leana van Heppel
    First Excerpt:
    I fear I must re-examine my records and update the plans. There was no indication that twins were to be born this generation. Fortunately, the expected boy child was born and thus far all indications are that he is healthy. His twin sister was born quite pale and sickly however, will have to watch her closely to see use she will be.

Second Excerpt:
    Indications are that she is left handed. This will limit her usefulness in producing the next generation. I am awaiting the genetic analysis on both children from my contacts in the Sisters Hospitaller before any final decisions are to be made.

Third Excerpt:
    As expected, the boy's genetics indicate he will be above average both physically and mentally. The girl will only be average in physical capabilities, but has the potential for exceptional mental abilities. Unfortunately, due to her left handedness and frail nature she does not fit into our plans for future generations. I will convince her parents to send her to the Sororitas...

=][= End Record.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kobold

Wait, what is this I spy? Fresh meat? Oh goody >:3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    That's what they all say, then when you go to sleep, bam! Face full of alien wang.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

backstory done and added to post

18. - Top - End - #528
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Considering I AM lefthanded, and most of history's great men are left handed... I find that backstory mildly insulting in concept.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

So is my father-in-law and brother-in-law. Which means there is probably a higher than average chance my currently hypothetical future progeny will be. Considering the "more advanced but not" grim dark setting, figured it wasn't too unlikely for the bias against lefties exists. I know my father-in-law has scars from being hit with a ruler at school for using his left hand.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Bugbear in the Playground

I know my father-in-law has scars from being hit with a ruler at school for using his left hand.
    Ouch

Also, here's another character!

Jeram Garricks, Noirbitrator

"Hey there, Verran. No, no, don't get up, s' all right. Just me today, Marus turned his ankle. He wanted me to wait until the medicae let him out before talking to you, said that we'd need two of us to pull off that whole good arbitrator, bad arbitrator routine, but something tells me I can manage. Whaddaya say I pick up this next round, and then if you don't tell me which one of your, erm, friends is moving 'scura, I knock all your teeth out on this nice shiny bar top? "

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    WS: 31
    BS: 34
    S: 29
    T: 34
    Ag: 38
    Int: 37
    Per: 35
    WP: 33
    Fel: 39

Spoiler: Skills
    Show
    Awareness, Common Lore (Adeptus Arbites), Common Lore (Imperium), Inquiry, Linguistics (Low Gothic), Scrutiny

Spoiler: Talents
    Show
    Quick Draw (may Ready as a Free Action), Weapons Training (Low-Tech), Weapons Training (SP)

Spoiler: Gear
    Show
    Shotgun and 12 shells, club, brass knuckles, knife, flak vest, uniform, 3 doses of stimm w/injector, Arbitrator ID, chrono, flask of amasec, 52 Thrones for a rainy day.

Spoiler: Experience and Advances
    Show
    Experience: 400/400 (Trooper)
    Advances: Simple Toughness advance (100), Scrutiny (100), Awareness (100), Rapid Reload (100)

Spoiler: Wounds, Fate,and Medical Miscellany
    Show
    Wounds: 12
    Fate: 2/2

Spoiler: Corruption and Insanity
    Show
    None...yet!

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    The Adeptus Arbites would have the galaxy believe that its members are untouchable. Holovids, propaganda, and ganger scare-stories alike all paint Arbitrators as nigh-immortal, incorruptible, single-minded enforcers of justice. The legends all claim that the highest servants of Imperial Law are unbreakable.

The tales are only half-right. It’s certainly possible. It just takes far more than a reasonable human would expect.

Jeram Garricks does not seem to be particularly unlucky. Physically, he’s a wiry fellow of medium build, sporting a pale complexion common throughout the populace of Sinares and a piercing through his left eyebrow to mark his district of origin. In the manner of mid-level hivers across the Imperium, Jeram grew up rough, his family turning to local gangs for protection even as they went about their lawful duties to Emperor and Governor. Such practices are common, for in the depths of the hive, sometimes one can find gangers with more sense of loyalty and civic duty than official police forces. As he grew older, he even began to follow them – never participating in any illicit activities, simply watching, wide-eyed, and listening. He would have likely ended up joining one, if the entire hab-block hadn’t been burned down in a blackout riot two months later. Jeram was one of the few survivors, and, having nowhere else to go, managed to follow one of the more official-looking people attending the scene of the disaster home. “Home” turned out to be Hive Tarsis’ precinct-barracks, and the official-looking gentleman turned out to be one Intelligencer Nelos. Impressed by his natural tenacity, he took the boy in as a sort of mascot, inducting him as a full Arbitrator when he came of age. Ten days later, he participated with distinction in the arrest and subsequent execution of the gang that burned down his home. He led the follow-up investigation, uncovering a group of sump-mutants that had incited the riot in the first place. It was the proudest moment of his young life.

His career took a sharp turn downhill from that point on.

Contacts disappeared, cases went cold, and partners were killed in the line of duty. Some of the less disciplined members of the precinct began to mutter about a jinx or a curse. He took to drinking heavily in his off-hours – never enough to impair his ability when on duty, but certainly more than was wise. The final blow came two years into his service, when the target he was following – a noble suspected of trafficking heavy weapons to underhive denizens in exchange for potent narcotics – became fatally involved in a traffic collision before anything could be proven. Among the other two dozen casualties was the recently promoted Magistrate Nelos. Stunned by the injustice of it all, Garricks wandered into the streets, determined to force the world to make sense via liberal application of alcohol…

21. - Top - End - #531
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Well, we had two people drop. So we got two spaces open. Now since this isn't a wholly brand new group, I want the opinions of the players who are still here on any new applicants. After all, they're your future teammates, etc.

22. - Top - End - #532

I like Nihila's Gattaca-style backstory, where her entire life was dictated by her genetics. I'm a bit curious what kind of person she is, but that's something I can find out during play.

Rekka and Jeram should get along fine. Actually, the group is starting to develop a rather strong Lawful (mild Good) alignment. And mechanics wise, we're still pretty balanced with melee, ranged, and skills.

I know firedaemon is out for the weekend, but I still feel like I'm holding the game up. Arcturus, did you want me to post a little more concretely what the plan is for Team Cooties? I think we last agreed on going to the convent.
    Last edited by Dekana; 2014-02-10 at 03:48 AM.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Yeah, I would like an idea of how, something to work with. Are you going right to the top and hitting up the Canonness? Or are ya working lower level angles? Are you dropping names, cashing in on your recent reputation, breaking in to look at records off the books, etc, etc, etc?

The more formulated the plan is, the better I can react to it.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground

I'm in favor of the noirbitrator. Gotta love noir. As for the plan, I doubt Elena has any real ideas. Leave the Ecclesiarchy stuff to the Sister, she knows more about it. I'll just follow her lead on this one.

25. - Top - End - #535

Heck, I want to just go up to the Canoness and tell her exactly who I'm working for and what my assignment is. If there's anyone in the 40k universe I can trust to be uncorrupted, it's her. But... there's always the remote chance she's a heretic, so I'd better not. Writing an IC-post now.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Dekana View Post
    Heck, I want to just go up to the Canoness and tell her exactly who I'm working for and what my assignment is. If there's anyone in the 40k universe I can trust to be uncorrupted, it's nobody. But... there's always the remote chance she's a heretic, so I'd better not. Writing an IC-post now.
    Fixed it. . At least that's how I've always perceived the 40k 'verse...
    Between genestealers and secret cults, hard to trust anyone without a full blood screen, MRI, and checking for daemonic possession or latent psyker abilities... and they still might not be trustworthy!

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Well, just remember never to go out without your armor and weapons, reloads, etc.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Bugbear in the Playground

I can support that statement.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

And medikit... Always remember the medikit... And if you can't use your armour because it's marked? Find new, unmarked armour before you go anywhere... flak cloaks are the cheapest form of non-primitive covers all locations armour (errataed) while being fairly nondescript, if a bit on the heavy side .

30. - Top - End - #540
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Well remember that I'm using updated rules for this, sot hat when my OW Boys, BC Boys, and DH Boys all meet I won't be running 3 different systems in one encounter.

... meaning that "Primitive" armor doesn't exist as a quality.

Which is why the Cloud Boys in our other RP are rocking Plate Mail instead of Flak Armor, it becomes Strictly Better in every way other than weight. And presumably being Low Profile as you're encased in metal.