New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Fears 4: The Whisper Killer - Game start on Page 7

Quote Originally Posted by Count Dingdong View Post
    Colin began to look a bit more agitated and put his hands to his throat, feeling if anything seemed off, but he just couldn't tell. Unsure of what to do, he mimed writing in hopes they'd understand. He couldn't talk. And he had no idea why.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Looks like he's trying to... write? Yeah, I think that's it. *Turns to Vincent* would you mind getting him a piece of paper and something to write with? We would but we kinda lack thumbs.
    ...Definitely a ventriloquist. Vincent took a sheet of paper and a pen from under the desk, then handed it to the man.

(Is there an updated players list somewhere?)

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    (Is there an updated players list somewhere?)
    ((There's one on the top of page 7, at game start. It's been kept up to date.))

Colin took the pen and paper and began scribbling quickly, writing a message before handing it to Vincent.

Can't speak, don't know why. There's voices, saying stuff about whispers? I heard you talk of some Whisper Killer and thought I could find help here. What is this Whisper Killer?

((I don't know why, but Skippy rang strangely to me a few days back. His post voting for Alarra seemed a bit odd, and I can't quite place it. Either way, he's not said much in the way of the game, and I'd like him to speak up a bit.))

3. - Top - End - #753
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Can't speak, don't know why. There's voices, saying stuff about whispers? I heard you talk of some Whisper Killer and thought I could find help here. What is this Whisper Killer?.
    Vincent shook his head. "Some suggest that the Whisper Killer is supernatural. But it's all rubbish. Others suggest that certain events which transpired here years ago are connected, and also supernatural. But no evidence exists which solidify that either event has any link to the paranormal." As Vincent spoke, he took a jar of peanut butter from a shelf in the back, and scooped some into a bowl. He laid the bowl in front of the puppies, and looked up at the man. "Cute dogs. Yours?"

I would like to hear more from Grue Bait.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2014-01-26 at 02:58 AM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground

((My vote goes for Llama, since, of all the people I've played with he's usually a role-player and he really hasn't been roleplaying and that seems suspicious.

I have an additional suspicion of Hippie because he PMed me asking what my role was and said he wanted to role-play.

Diva De also seems suspicious because she stopped roleplaying when people began to complain about people roleplaying.

Alarra always seems suspicious to me because she's good at this and she seems to deflect other's points often.

I also suspect Emerald Rose because she gave the reason of being married to another player as being reason enough to not get a wolf role when her hubby got a villager role. If anything there's more reason to kill them off early in order that you can throw people off your trail and also bring the hubby in on the fun. I've had this happen as a couple on this forum and it went down that very same way.

The killing off of old schoolers, to me, points to the old schoolers as the wolves. They are more likely to target those who know them well enough to find their actions suspicious. I have yet to be killed off because I haven't been offering any helpful analysis as of yet. I suspect that won't last, however.

Or maybe I just suspect them all because they're all such fun people!

Of course that doesn't mean I've stopped suspecting the rest of you.

tldr: I suspect everyone. This game, I tell you.))

5. - Top - End - #755
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post

Day 5 begins now and ends at 10 PM GMT-6 on 10/27/2013.
    Day 5 ended last October? I'm more behind than I thought!
    I'll join the pressuring of DukeGod for now

6. - Top - End - #756
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trog View Post
    ((My vote goes for Llama, since, of all the people I've played with he's usually a role-player and he really hasn't been roleplaying and that seems suspicious.

I have an additional suspicion of Hippie because he PMed me asking what my role was and said he wanted to role-play.

Diva De also seems suspicious because she stopped roleplaying when people began to complain about people roleplaying.

Alarra always seems suspicious to me because she's good at this and she seems to deflect other's points often.

I also suspect Emerald Rose because she gave the reason of being married to another player as being reason enough to not get a wolf role when her hubby got a villager role. If anything there's more reason to kill them off early in order that you can throw people off your trail and also bring the hubby in on the fun. I've had this happen as a couple on this forum and it went down that very same way.

The killing off of old schoolers, to me, points to the old schoolers as the wolves. They are more likely to target those who know them well enough to find their actions suspicious. I have yet to be killed off because I haven't been offering any helpful analysis as of yet. I suspect that won't last, however.

Or maybe I just suspect them all because they're all such fun people!

Of course that doesn't mean I've stopped suspecting the rest of you.

tldr: I suspect everyone. This game, I tell you.))
    (That'll do, Trog, that'll do. Unlike many in this game, Trog follows me on Facebook, therefore he can see just how busy I've been lately with night classes and other obligations so he shouldn't be surprised that I've been a little silent. I suspect this is a wolfish ploy to murder me )
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu the Masked LLama View Post
    (That'll do, Trog, that'll do. Unlike many in this game, Trog follows me on Facebook, therefore he can see just how busy I've been lately with night classes and other obligations so he shouldn't be surprised that I've been a little silent. I suspect this is a wolfish ploy to murder me )
    ((Nope. You're on here a post or two after I posted. Not so busy now eh, wolf? You're watching this game to be sure. In other games you've had a bad guy role you were easy to spot because of your silence and now, once again, you're showing it.

Or I'm wrong. I've been wrong before. But this faster than expected response reads as confirmation to me.

EDIT: As long as I am at it let's examine Llama's Facebook activity for confirmation of his hectic schedule:
    • A post 20 hours ago
    • A post yesterday
    • A post on the 22nd
    • A post on the 21st
    • A post on the 21st
    • A post on the 20th
    • A post on the 18th talking about what new netflix show he's going to watch.
    • A post from a friend on the 18th saying that she hopes his test went well. This is the first of those posts above where there was mention of school or classes (going backwards from now, that is. I don't mean to imply that he isn't in classes, he is).

For the record I have nearly everyone on gitp notifications on Facebook funneled into a friend group. I check it from time to time and sometimes if enough people comment something shows up in my main feed. A few show up more often depending on recent activity. Shadow and I had a lively discussion about the snow and cold, for example. The last llama post I saw in my main feed was his post about his test going well (Yay llama! )

He is in classes. He may be busy. Again, I don't have all the answers and my pointing to him is most certainly not a wolf ploy (as my corpse will eventually confirm). If I get lynched or killed remember I said this.))
    Last edited by Trog; 2014-01-26 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Spellcheck keeps splitting smiley words into two =P

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ogre in the Playground

((Llama has been busy with major test and classes, that much I can confirm.

Anyways, Alarra has been really good at reading villagers this game, so I'm going back to her suspicions on Philistine and backing them in hopes she's just as good at reading wolves.))
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2014-01-27 at 12:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Halfling in the Playground

"Cute dogs. Yours?"
    No, We live alone. We mainly scavenge for food, but this Whisper Killer has us on end and we'd rather not be outside by ourselves.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zjoot View Post
    Abhorsen I'm less suspicious of. He may just be posting the amount he is because he's new, but again, might be worth a look.
    Well, I am enjoying the game, so I try to stay active and pay attention as much as possible. On the other hand, I am new, and I have a pretty busy work schedule, so that limits how much I can post and follow along as days progress, and the amount of analysis I can do (even assuming I was any good at it).

I think your case against Skippy is more persuasive than the one against DukeGod.
    Last edited by Abhorsen; 2014-01-27 at 11:13 AM.
    Tyrael
    ~~~
    "I am a necromancer, but not of the common kind.
    Where others of the art raise the Dead, I lay them back to rest
    —And those that will not rest, I bind."

~~~

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground

(Hnnnngh. Count, your RP is really confusing right at the moment... )

12. - Top - End - #762
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zjoot View Post
    I may not be able to post for the next two (real life) days, so I'll go ahead and start things off today with some analysis.

My top choices for a point tomorrow would be 52.5 Lemons, DukeGod, Abhorsen, Skippy, Zar Peter

Basically I want to follow up on what Murska said yesterday and focus on quiet players. Being too quiet or too loud draws attention, so I looked for players that are in the wolf safe-zone somewhere in between. These would be players that seem to be voting and talking a bit about the game everyday, but not getting much attention, and being easily forgettable. There are probably a few more that I have overlooked, and anyhow this behaviour may not be a sign of wolfishness in and of itself, but it won't hurt to poke them a bit to see their reactions and build a greater foundation of data.
    I would also put Grue Bait on that list of being in the "wolf safe-zone". I realize that he too likely has a lot going on like the rest of us, but there are some key reasons I might suspect him. First, I will say I've been holding off on voting for people I know IRL just because it's fun to discuss the game with them, but I suppose it's about time to drop that idea.

First, the kill on Mauve stands out as odd as it was his/her (don't remember which) first game and that sort of thing is usually frowned upon. The two options I would consider to have happened is that either the wolf who voted for that kill is either new and didn't realize that norm we have, or is somebody who has come back from a break and didn't realize that Mauve was a new player and, unfortunately, randomly selected Mauve for the kill. Grue certainly falls under the category for coming back after a long break, but of course, so do I. Whether or not he would make that kind of mistake, I don't know for sure but it's certainly possible.

His post #374 shows him avoiding two major wagons at the time and placing a vote on a player who was likely to not get any other attention that day. This is something wolves would like to do for fear of accidentally lynching a fellow wolf. If they can avoid the top wagon, then they don't play a role in the lynch.

Other than that, the lack of analysis from him hasn't been helpful and I'd like to hear more from him. I know this isn't the best of analysis on my part but it's what I could fit in to my schedule.
    Last edited by 52.5 Lemons; 2014-01-26 at 09:18 PM.
    this signature is dedicated to Lamp, the best wizard gnome there ever was...
    (Epee avi by none other than myself)
    Random String of Numbers: 12 18 99 90
    Check out some of my photography here
    Read about a project I'm involved in dedicated to providing safe drinking water here
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #763
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    (Hnnnngh. Count, your RP is really confusing right at the moment... )
    ((Hmm? Colin had a pounding in his head that I had planned to evolve to whispers and voices. Death rather sped it up. And for some reason he can't talk and is rather disoriented and confused.))

Vincent shook his head. "Some suggest that the Whisper Killer is supernatural. But it's all rubbish. Others suggest that certain events which transpired here years ago are connected, and also supernatural. But no evidence exists which solidify that either event has any link to the paranormal." As Vincent spoke, he took a jar of peanut butter from a shelf in the back, and scooped some into a bowl. He laid the bowl in front of the puppies, and looked up at the man. "Cute dogs. Yours?"
    Colin shook his head and began writing again as the dogs spoke in response.

Not my dogs. I've not seen them before. Are they really talking? The killer's supernatural? Are there any books on the topic

14. - Top - End - #764
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

((Allright.

I'm gonna do a couple things here. First off, I'm removing my away notice. I'm back now. It was a rough week...

Second, I'll place the following disclaimer: I've SKIMMED the game since I've been gone, but I have not fully caught up with it, so I'm sorry if a lot has changed since then. The only things I kept an eye out for while skimming the last two in-game days were a couple of previous suspicions to see how well they held up.

Third off, I'm acting on one of my suspicions and throwing an accusation at DarkLightDragon.

My suspicion was spiked on Day 2 when DarkLightDragon voted on the bandwagon as the fourth person. Coincidentally, she also voted on the Day 1 bandwagon as the fourth person. Now, it doesn't really matter that she was the EXACT fourth person, that is simply coincidence; but it does matter that she joins the bandwagon roughly when it was at the same level of forming: The point when the bandwagon is clearly there, so you can fly under the radar, but not so strong that adding a vote would just be considered "late joining".

Both days she joined the bandwagon with no explanation other than the logic "making sense" and being "sound".

While I skimmed the last few pages of the thread, I kept an eye out for DLD. And I found one of her votes on day 3. What was this vote, you ask? Murska. Fourth on the Wagon.

Yes, I know. The vote was changed to Chessgeek, but by then my suspicion was already pretty high.

So yes, consider this me pointing at DLD.))

15. - Top - End - #765
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pator View Post
    I would like to hear more from Grue Bait.
    You got it.

My suspicions are Emerald Rose, Murska, Atreyu, Trog, and BasketofPuppies.Just because she defended herself by saying she wouldn't murder her husband, and couldn't be a wolf because of it. If she is a wolf, Andre would be a prime target as he would have the best idea of her being a wolf. But then again, killing your husband is just kinda unlikely, so there's that.

Murska: telling the baner not to protect himself? That isn't smart. The baner is way more useful late game, so his goal should be to survive until he can be the most helpful. Murska should know this, so this seems like a ploy to be able to hit the baner early.

Atreyu: He's usually pretty vocal, whether that's RP or analysis, so that's unusual. But I understand that he has classes and tests. I'm kinda in the same boat.

Trog: Knowing that someone has classes but still voting for them is a little low, so that just seems odd to me.

BoP: Overall just kinda wolfy. Gut feeling I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by 52.5 Lemons View Post
    I would also put Grue Bait on that list of being in the "wolf safe-zone". I realize that he too likely has a lot going on like the rest of us, but there are some key reasons I might suspect him. First, I will say I've been holding off on voting for people I know IRL just because it's fun to discuss the game with them, but I suppose it's about time to drop that idea.
    This though. Nope. Bad. Very bad. Lemons, you of all people know me best, and without any more logic than "he didn't bandwagon that one day" is super sketchy. You know my schedule, and you know I've been busy lately. So that's not strong support. Especially not from you.
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

16. - Top - End - #766
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm throwing a vote towards Trog as well. Atreyu can be a good mind when he has time for this game, Trog knew he had outside circumstances, and used it against him. Throw in that he was on the list of people who knew Mauve Shirt outside of the game, and I think that makes him a very likely suspect.

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #767
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm gonna trust Zjoot here and point at DukeGod.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #768
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    This though. Nope. Bad. Very bad. Lemons, you of all people know me best, and without any more logic than "he didn't bandwagon that one day" is super sketchy. You know my schedule, and you know I've been busy lately. So that's not strong support. Especially not from you.
    I said in my post it wasn't all that good of logic, but it's what I have at the moment. I've been having a hard time doing some serious analysis just with being busy and having to deal with those walls of text we know so well. And actually, I wasn't entirely aware you were all that busy lately. At least not any more so than Zjoot and I. I more voted for you because I wanted to hear some actual analysis which until now you haven't given. I was hoping you'd have some good insight that I could follow or use to further my own analysis but of course I'm not going to vote for myself . I'll gladly change my vote now that you've chimed in, but first I need to come up with some more analysis. Hopefully I will have time tonight to do that.
    Read about a project I'm involved in dedicated to providing safe drinking water here
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

((Just to be perfectly clear- I never said I couldn't have been the one to do it, just that I wouldn't be stupid enough to do so. Besides, the only game Andre and I were both in where I was a wolf, I was the Alpha and picked him for my team, so there wouldn't be any issues. In the current context, there was no real argument for denial, mostly a "Do you really think I'd paint a target on my back like that?" Because it's happened before that I became an automatic target when Andre's been killed, and then same as now, I was a villager. But by all means, feel free to test this out at any time. I'm back in school and this term is looking to be a doozy. I plan to be as present as I can for this game, but my main focus, even since before deciding to come back was that I wanted to RP. And last time I checked, the End of the World was nigh. So let's just get back to that, shall we Hel? ))

You do not answer, Old Man. Do you agree with me? These peasants are too much trouble for my tastes anymore. Whether they live or die means nothing to me. I will fade from this existence to a new one, as I always do. Their accusations against others are of no consequence. I desire...Chaos. Freedom. This is Expected. Loki draws closer. Do you so fear the end, Old Man?
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Trog: Knowing that someone has classes but still voting for them is a little low, so that just seems odd to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustiado View Post
    I'm throwing a vote towards Trog as well. Atreyu can be a good mind when he has time for this game, Trog knew he had outside circumstances, and used it against him. Throw in that he was on the list of people who knew Mauve Shirt outside of the game, and I think that makes him a very likely suspect.
    (( OFFS. 9_9 As I explained he's on my Facebook but that doesn't mean I pay close attention to other people's lives. I have *60* people from this site *alone* on my Facebook. Sixty! Most of which whom do not update with "This is my life" and more so things like *looks at current Facebook for examples* "Sad Keanu Doll Is The Perfect Gift For Your Lonely Friends This Valentine's Day" and "The Big Lebowski 8-Bit Cinema" and "Stephen Hawking Says There Are No Black Holes." It's Facebook, people. It's not like I'm living with the people in my feed. Sheesh. I couldn't possibly tell you what any one of them are doing at any one time. Save for Mauve and that's only because she was recently at the site of a mass shooting. That wasn't on Facebook though.

This has *nothing* to do with whether or not he's been *busy.* We've all been *busy*. I work 12 hour days every weekday and since this game began had a pipe burst in the wall next to my apartment and flood my it (That's on Facebook too, if you care). I've had half the living room torn up, fans going, strangers in and out of my place in my absence, more than a few deadlines to meet, kids to feed, and I still find time to do some roleplaying. It has everything to do with the fact that he's not *roleplaying*. As I've said, when he hasn't it's *meant* something in the past and I stand by that.))
    Last edited by Trog; 2014-01-26 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Adding (( and ))

21. - Top - End - #771
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post

Third off, I'm acting on one of my suspicions and throwing an accusation at DarkLightDragon.

*snip arguments snip*
    Seems wolfish indeed.
    My vote goes towards DarkLightDragon.
    Last edited by Dallas-Dakota; 2014-01-26 at 07:41 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

22. - Top - End - #772
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'll bite at Ruki's logic. DarkLightDragon
    Spoiler
    Show

Little Fears banner by Crimmy
    Queen of Hearts avatar by Alarra

23. - Top - End - #773
    Pixie in the Playground

Alright, here is the extent of my analysis for now. Keep in mind that it's a bit less than I would hope for but the majority of my analysis from past games has been based on voting patterns, which, in a game where the wolves are blind, is basically useless, so I'm not entirely used to having to analyze based on other things.

I'll start with the DukeGod wagon. First, he is in what Zjoot is calling the "wolf safe-zone". Fair enough. I used the same logic on Julian84 once (although that was ultimately unsuccessful) and I feel that logic is stronger in a blind game. However there are a bunch of people who fall into this category (naturally, being that there were more than 50 of us to start) so what sets DukeGod apart from all of them? According to Zjoot, what puts DukeGod over the edge is his lack of content in posts. That he simply makes "short comments that don't seem to lead anywhere." It's something to consider I suppose, but I don't know that, especially in such a large game, we can criticize people for not posting content that leads the analysis a certain direction. As much as we need people to lead and to do in-depth analysis, we also need people just to read into the analysis and follow the leader so to speak. To me, this isn't convincing enough.

In my mind, the best way to find the wolves is to identify, like Zjoot is trying to do, those who are playing it safe and also who are reluctant to jump on to wagons for fear of lynching a wolf. It's also important to take into consideration the fact that with an open Mason claimant who hasn't been challenged, we are able to predict, with enough certainty, which players CAN'T be masons. To make analysis easier (being that there are a lot of players), I suggest that we check out people who we can safely assume to be NOT a mason and also fall into that "wolf safe-zone".

Here is a list of people I've identified as highly unlikely to be masons:
    The Phantom
    LoP (died N4-Victim)
    Abhorsen
    Lex-Kat
    Sabeki (died D4-Victim)
    BaskeOfPuppies
    Emerald Rose
    DukeGod
    Mountain Faerie
    Philistine
    Banjo1985
    52.5 Lemons (I wrote myself down, but I can't recall if that was because I fit the "not a mason" logic or if it was because I know I'm not a mason)
    Cuthalion (died D1-Copycat)

*note that one copycat already falls in the list of "not mason" so it may be indicator we could find more here. The logic comes from finding people who either voted for Fleeing Coward before he claimed or had FC vote for them

I'll start the list by looking into Mountain Faerie just because I don't recall her posting much:
    Post #294 - Random d1 vote. Nearing end of day.
    Post #474 - d2 vote on Murska for cluttering up the thread making it hard to read. Again, near the end of the day.
    Post #480 - Apologizing to Murska
    Post #567 - Just RP
    Post #624 - d3 vote on FC. Again, near the end of the day.
    (No post day 4)
    (No post yet for day 5)

So it does appear that Mountain Faerie has been lying low, (perhaps this is her play style) and it seems that all of her votes have been near the end of the days which could suggest hesitance, a tendency I would consider to be wolf-like, especially in this type of game.
    So, Mountain Faerie, what's up?

((Sorry for the length... needed to get all of my analysis out since I haven't done much in this game. Classic was sort of a higher priority, with me having been a mason and all...))

EDIT: I don't have time right now to analyze other people in my list (I forgot about my calculus homework and book to read) but I hope people look into others on the list because, at the very least, we won't risk loosing masons that way I hope.
    Last edited by 52.5 Lemons; 2014-01-26 at 09:20 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #774
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

No, We live alone. We mainly scavenge for food, but this Whisper Killer has us on end and we'd rather not be outside by ourselves.
    Vincent nodded absentmindedly as he returned behind the desk. "Very well. There's an old cat bed in the corner that's been unused for ages. I doubt The Lady will mind."

Not my dogs. I've not seen them before. Are they really talking? The killer's supernatural? Are there any books on the topic
    Vincent leaned into the man's face and spoke in a low tone. "You were the man who came in with the headache the other day, yes? And I didn't have much sleep last night. Obviously, we're having a joint hallucination. Dogs don't talk." He stood again, folding his arms across his chest. "The killer is not supernatural. Only clever. There is no evidence to suggest that any of the killings have been done by anyone with more than usual human strength. The police in this town say that anything they can't explain is supernatural. Just because they can't do their jobs properly..." Vincent thought back to his wife's death, and retreated back into his own mind briefly. "There are no books of which I am aware in this store on any type of supernatural killer. There is, however, a particularly in-depth novel about Jack the Ripper."

(@Basket: It didn't occur to me that Vincent would ignore the talking dogs at all cost when I suggested coming to the bookstore, for which I apologize. Their reactions have the potential to be amusing, though.)

Of note: As several people have pointed out that the wolves are blind and as such, not a cohesive unit, I feel it necessary to point out that the Killer and The Shadow have known each other from the start. As such, if two players seem to closely be working together, it is not worth ruling out that they are wolves. There is also the possibility that The Shadow has scried a fellow wolf and allowed them into their ranks. Using voting analysis is not entirely worthless, just not as useful as it would be in a game where the wolves knew each other from the start.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ogre in the Playground

((Hmm? Colin had a pounding in his head that I had planned to evolve to whispers and voices. Death rather sped it up. And for some reason he can't talk and is rather disoriented and confused.))
    I deleted the post, but I was voting for you right before I posted that because it looked like you were trying to give warning through RP that you'd been Feared before the posting ban.

Also, guys, regarding DLD, I'm running a game with her, and she's been busy lately, so that would explain why she hasn't been doing too much as far as the lynches.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2014-01-26 at 09:49 PM.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

((I don't know why, but Skippy rang strangely to me a few days back. His post voting for Alarra seemed a bit odd, and I can't quite place it. Either way, he's not said much in the way of the game, and I'd like him to speak up a bit.))
    Yeah, I haven't said much in this game. This particular week has been weird, it was my mom's birthday and a friend's dad died. Also I have a work schedule different than my usual, my apartment is currently being remodeled and I haven't found much time to give my thoughts on the matter at hand. Regarding my vote for Alarra, I admit it was slightly random. She was the first one to come to mind when I examined the Murska counterbandwagon on Day 2.

That being said, and some clever deductions regarding my actions (or rather, inactions) during the game, should tell you something about my role in this game, if you read the rules and understand them the same way I do.

And now, I'm going to follow Haruki this time and point at DarkLightDragon
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

27. - Top - End - #777
    Halfling in the Playground

Thanks for the offer, but we have a basket. It- Bongo, I TOLD you to grab the basket! where is it?

Uhh, Just down the block.

Go grab it. Be careful, we want you back alive and in one piece.

Ok, Boss.

Bongo meanders out the door and turns. A little while later, he comes back toting an old, beaten-up basket. It has some scratches and some marks, and a small hole in the side, but it seems like it is still fully functional. Inside there is a plush red blanket with four clear body imprints.

Do you mind if we sleep here? we can go behind the counter or somewhere else out of the way.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Do you mind if we sleep here? we can go behind the counter or somewhere else out of the way.
    Vincent only nodded towards the old rocker. "There's a comfy, out-of-the-way corner back there."

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Troll in the Playground

Back to Diva De, for me.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

30. - Top - End - #780
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

((I'm kind of feeling Diva De myself. Still suspicious of Philistine also, and the DLD logic seems relatively sound. Don't really know right now. And yes, it would not be at all surprising for a wolf to kill their spouse early on, it's harder to keep roles secret from someone that knows you really well and is in the same house as you. Also, we have internet again, so I'll be more active again now.))

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.