Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Fears 4: The Whisper Killer

Fears 4: The Whisper Killer

Winter held Haven in its grasp once more. Even the city that had endured the events of the Night couldn't stand up to the cold winter wind. Even for January the wind was frigid, and it's bite drove most people inside. Though not everyone was gathered around the fireplace drinking coffee...

You're sure? This isn't something we can afford to guess at, Mrs. Reid. Aaron Marsh had known Victoria Reid for years, about five to be precise, and he'd never known her to exaggerate, especially not something as serious as this. He was just as concerned as everyone else at the table, but you didn't live to be as old as he was by not being cautious.

Victoria nodded. It wasn't the first time she'd been exposed to what the Fears could do. She'd seen what power the monsters Sacha and Taylor had first hand during the Night. Definitely. There's no way to mistake that feeling.

You'll pardon my skepticism, but no one has survived an attack from the Whisper Killer, and if what you're saying is true...

It was the same. The. Exact. Same.

The silver-haired man to Victoria's right put a hand on her shoulder. Vic...

Dammit, Rook, don't start! You've been watching this guy for the past month and a half! You know that there's something wrong about him, and this only proves it!

If you could stop trying to nice-guy your way into her pants so we can get back to talking about what's really going on... The fourth member of the group, a dark-haired arrogant looking man said, There are things happening here that you can't even begin to be aware of.

Rook very nearly jumped across the table at the man. If you don't learn to shut your goddamn mouth, Cross...

Cross gave a "see what I have to deal with?" shrug. It isn't my fault you refuse to see reality...or history.

That's enough! Mrs. Reid, I believe you. What you've said matches what I've been hearing from my people.

And mine.

Cross only snorted and sat back in his chair. They just didn't see things correctly like he did, but an artisan could only work with the materials he had.

Marsh took the momentary silence to send everyone on their way. The longer they waited, the more opportunities the Whisper Killer would have to hide, or worse, execute their plan. I had thought that this had ended when the Manor burned to the ground. It seems that maybe we were premature. Whatever the reason, the Whisper Killer has inherited the same power Soyer had. The way forward is clear: we have to find the Killer, and put a stop to him.

Victoria was the first to leave. There was work to be done. If the Whisper Killer really was trying to bring back the Night, then they had no choice but to stop him. We can't let the Night return.

Cross left without a word to the others. To him, the agenda was already clear.

Rook snorted as he watched them leave. Yeah, no pressure...

Feeling unsure of yourself?

Not really. Rook paused for a moment. What'd you care about this? It's nothing for you to just skip town.

You might say it's personal. The Night took my childe, and my grandchilde is completely lost to me.

That's 'cause he hates you.

And I him, but we're still family.

Rook laughed. I knew working with you was going to be interesting. The young man left to gather his agents. Soon there would be no place for the Whisper Killer to hide.

The hunt, and the race, was on.

Elsewhere in the city

There he was, just like Shadow had said. It was getting easier to understand what the man was trying to say now, though not by much..

Here?

Shadow nodded. H.'s ... th. ... on. ... w..e ... s..ken ... .bo.t

I see. And Hunter?

Shadow only shrugged.

Then I guess we should begin.

The Whisper Killer didn't even make noise in the snow while stalking the victim Shadow had pointed too. Tonight another life would end,

...in the morning another body would be found, broken and battered,

...and soon the whispers would grow into voices, and bring power with them.

--

Daybreak comes and brings with it news of another grisly murder. Haven shivers, but not with cold, as the details reach the people unfiltered: eyes removed, arms and fingers broken, and the skull crushed, but only after everything else.

The people buzz with gossip at the newest slaying: who was he? Was he a local? A transplant? Why him? But today something was different, and every talk show, radio show, and gossip-monger pounced on it like starved dogs. A note had been left behind with this corpse and the investigators failed to hide it from the onlookers.

Those who write fairy tales should be watchful for wolves.

Why had the Whisper Killer started leaving notes? What did the message mean? Questions like this were on everyone's lips as the day opened.

Day 1 begins now and ends at approximately 10 PM US Central/GMT -6 on Wednesday - 01/15/2014.

This will be the only day that lasts longer than 48 hours. If anyone didn't get a role PM then please let me know, and please check your abilities against the role description below. I'm almost sure the PM's all got updated this afternoon, but I'd rather be sure.

Roles and other rules:

Village:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Victoria Reid (Baner)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Victoria was the first person to uncover the possibility that the Whisper Killer may have something to do with the power of the Manor that was destroyed five years ago. She survived the events of the Night and an attack from the Whisper Killer, and has been putting those skills to use protecting potential targets.

Scries as Victoria Reid/Baner

You won't take another!: Once per night Victoria may choose a player to protect from night kills.

Amateurs!: If Victoria prevents the Copycats' Night Kill, she gains a single Scry action for each successful bane.

Rook (Seer)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The man with all the answers, at least that's what he would have you think anyway. If there's one thing Rook has, it's info, and if he doesn't have it he knows where to get it. Between his own shapeshifting abilities and web of informants there's little that escapes him.

Scries as Rook/Seer.

A little bird told me: Rook's contacts and abilities allow him to scry one player per night to learn their role.

Agents (Masons)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The eyes and ears of Rook. Your group has currently gone to ground, so you have become isolated from Rook and the others.

Scries as Agent/Mason.

Networked: The Agents start the game knowing who the other members of the team are.

Aaron Marsh (Voider)
    Spoiler
    Show
    If there's one thing that could get the attention of Aaron Marsh, it's rumors of the power behind Tayler Soyer somehow re-awakening. He barely escaped the last time five years ago and the destruction Soyer wrought was bad for business besides. The disturbing similarities between this "Whisper Killer" and the former Master of Pegasus Manor have brought the old immortal out of the shadows again.

Scries as Marsh/Voider.

I stopped you once...: Aaron has the capability to interfere with the abilities of the numerous scouts and spies of the Whisper Killer. Once per night he can attempt to nullify the night ability of another player. He will not be told if he was successful and this cannot nullify a night kill.

Cross (Fool)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cross was too engrossed with his "studies" (read: conspiracy theories) to notice what was going on with the Whisper Killer until it was right in front of his face, and now that he knows he simply must be involved. Unfortunately for everyone else involved Cross is constantly trying to force everything into his pet theory of the day, making his advice unreliable at best.

Scries as Cross/Fool.

But it must be this!: The player will be told they are the Seer. Once per night he may scry a player, but will receive a random result save for the seer, who will always scry as the fool. Scrying the same player more than once will give the same result each time.

Victim (Villager)
    Spoiler
    Show
    A victim of the Whisper Killer. Scries as Victim/Villager.

Renee Devereux (Meddler)
    Spoiler
    Show
    An on-again/off-again contact of Rook. While she primarily uses the info broker as a fence, she can be persuaded to put her talents to use if the right incentive is involved (hint: the right incentive is usually money).

Scries as Renee/Meddler

Pain in the...: Once per night she can select one player, if the Devil, Shadow, or the Seeker, Hunter, scries that player the result will come back with an Interference result. Or, the player Renee selected will be protected from the Master's Scream for Me! ability. Renee only selects one player and one ability per night.

Safehouses: Every 2nd night, Renee may choose a player to be protected from Night Kills.

Wolves:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Whisper Killer (Master):
    Spoiler
    Show
    No one knows exactly who the Whisper Killer is or where he came from. No one's even sure it's a he. At first they were written off as just another serial killer, but then the Whisper Killer started showing abilities similar to the ones both Sacha and Tayler Soyer had shown people started to take notice. Is this person somehow connected to what happened five years ago? Has the power that caused the Night returned?

Scream for me!: Every night phase, the Whisper Killer selects another player to target with their fear-causing ability. A player affected by this ability cannot point in the next phase (this cannot be used to force an autolynch) or make any night actions in the next night phase. If this ability targets Hunter or a Copycat, the Whisper Killer will be informed that they've targeted a wolf.

Lies and shadows: The Whisper Killer scries as a Victim as long as Hunter is still alive.

My next victim: The Whisper Killer nominates one player for the night kill.

Shadow (Devil)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initially little more than a theory until just recently, Shadow appears to be the "man behind the man" so to speak of the Whisper Killer. The fact that this person appeared just as the Whisper Killer started showing his abilities and that they appear to be following the naming style of certain Fears from five years ago is not lost on people like Marsh and Reid...

Scries as Shadow/Devil

There's nothing I don't see: Shadow scries one player per night to learn their role.

Right-hand man or man behind the man?: Shadow is the only role that will start off knowing the Whisper Killer and vice versa.

Blinded: If Rook is killed by the Whisper Killer, Shadow gains a single Night Kill action.

Hunter (Seeker)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The other half of the mystery duo that's appeared behind the Whisper Killer. Even less is known about Hunter than Shadow, but he's always there. Waiting.

Scries as Hunter/Seeker

Your true colors: Once per night Hunter can use a limited form of scrying. He will only be told whether or not the target is a Wolf. This counts as a Scry for the purposes of the Scry Interference Rule.

Lies and Whispers: As long as Hunter lives, the Whisper Killer will scry as a Victim.

In the Blood: If Victoria Reid is killed by the Whisper Killer, Hunter gains a single full Scry action.

The Broken One (Disguiser)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not even the Whisper Killer knows exactly what or where this man (if it is a man) came from. He speaks in multiple disjointed voices and never seems to look the same way twice.

Scries as Broken One/Disguiser

Who are you today?: Once per night, the Disguiser may choose one player and choose what result anyone scrying that player will receive.

Copycats (Wolves)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Every killer seems to spawn them, and the Whisper Killer is no different: copycats, hangers-on, and rabble. The copycat killers are opportunists exploiting the Whisper Killer's spree in order to get their own kicks.

What's strange is that after a while it was almost like they were becoming organized...

Murder!: The Copycats send in a vote to the Narrator for their own Night Kill.

Indiscriminate: The Copycats' Night Kill will kill whomever it targets unless they are protected by a Bane. This means they may kill a fellow Wolf.

Scries as Copycat/Wolf.

Other Rules:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Days are 48 hours, nights 24.

Autolynch happens after missing 2 consecutive voting days.

Helgraf's Scry Interference rule is in effect.

The wolves are blind.

The narrations will not reflect if a person was protected by the baner. If there was no night kill for whatever reason the only information given will be "No one was killed tonight."

In the event of a tie vote, the player that reaches the fatal number first will be the one eliminated.

Do not post Role PMs, real or forged, in thread.

When changing a point in the day phase, please cross out the old point.

Player list:
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table="head"]|Player|Killed On|Role
    1|Tanar Aerdoth|Night 3|Victim
    2|Zar Peter|Night 9|Victim
    3|Zjoot|Day 9|Whisper Killer
    4|Mordokai|Night 3|Victim
    5|The Phantom|Day 14|Victim
    6|The Fiery Tower|Night 5|Agent
    7|C'nor|autolynched Day 10|Voider
    8|LoP|Night 4|Victim
    9|Fleeing Coward|Night 6|Agent
    10|Abhorsen|Day 13|Copycat
    11|Lex-Kat|Day 17|Devil
    12|Sabeki|Day 4|Victim
    13|HedgehogRanger|autolynched day 2|re-assigned to Count Dingdong
    14|BasketofPuppies|Night 7|Victim
    15|EmeraldRose|Night 15|Victim
    16|bladescape|autolynched day 6|Victim
    17|Shadowcaller|autolynched day 6|Victim
    18|Penguinator||
    19|Kalrany|autolynched Day 8|switched to Cuthalion
    20|reaverb|Day 3|Victim
    21|DarkLightDragon|Night 17|Agent
    22|Yumori123|Day 2|Victim
    23|Bunny of Faith|Night 16|Agent
    24|Chessgeek|Night 12|Meddler
    25|usourselves&we|autolynched day 6|Victim
    26|Diva De|Day 5|Victim
    27|Murska|Night 14|Victim
    28|Mustiado|Day 12|Victim
    29|Count Dingdong|Night 13|Seer
    30|Haruki-kun|Night 7|Victim
    31|DukeGod|Day 11|Copycat
    32|smellie_hippie|Day 18|Victim
    33|Supagoof|auto Day 5|Agent
    34|Trog|Eliminated Day 14|Victim
    35|Shadow|Night 2|Victim
    36|Andre Fairchilde|Night 2|Victim
    37|Atreyu the Masked LLama||
    38|Mauve Shirt|Night 1|Agent
    39|Skippy|Night 5|Victim
    40|Mountain Faerie|Day 7|Victim
    41|Reinholdt|Night 6|Agent
    42|Cuthalion|Day 16|Victim
    43|Alarra|Night 8|Victim
    44|Helgraf|Night 8|Victim
    45|Philistine|Night 18|Victim
    46|Zeb The Troll|autolynch Day 5|Victim
    47|Dallas-Dakota||
    48|banjo1985||
    49|52.5 Lemons||
    50|mangosta71|Night 4|Victim
    51|Grue Bait|Night 11|Baner
    52|Kneenibble|Day 10|Copycat
    53|Madmal|Day 8|Hunter
    54|Ur-Quan|autolynch day 2|Broken One
    55|Castaras|Day 6|Fool
    [/table]
    Last edited by Cristo Meyers; 2014-03-07 at 10:56 PM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fears 4: The Whisper Killer - Game start on Page 7

"And... they lived happily ever after. The E-eh? What's that?" The old man puts down his pen and hobbles over to his television set. "Those.. who... write... fairy tales? should beware of wolves. Oh my. This must be a direct threat." He glances around hurriedly. "Jacket, suitcase, first aid, and yes, my 7.62 M24 sniper rifle. This is not going to be fun." He bustles around, packing everything into a briefcase, and walks out the door. Five steps later, he rushes back in and hides the papers underneath his sofa, before leaving again.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

3. - Top - End - #183
    Halfling in the Playground

The pups meandered around the scene, glimpsing at the body through people's legs.

Well, this isn't good.

I KNEW we shouldn't have moved here. The stories about these "Whisper Killers" turned out to be true.

Easy, Spot. We can figure this out. Anyone got anything?

BOSSBOSSBOSS!

Yes, Bongo?

...I think he's dead.

*sigh* Thank you, Bongo, for your much needed insight.

You're welcome.

Umm, Rex? You did see the note, right?

I didn't. Good find, Tiny. What's it say?

It says,' Those who write fairy tales should be watchful for wolves. Eerie. Any suggestions?

None right now. We don't have enough evidence. We need to start asking around, seeing if anyone knows anything. Do you know who died?

I think it was that Cristo guy.

Well it sure isn't his day. Lets get back to the basket before something else happens.
    Last edited by BasketOfPuppies; 2014-01-13 at 09:09 PM.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

My my, wasn't that interesting?

Edward "Straight Razor" Beewolf was now the owner of the Daily Madhouse News a rather unfortunately named newspaper that somehow was among the most popular. Not that most people would be caught dead reading it.

Either way, he was a ex-presidiary turned right. As a matter of fact he went overkill on turning right. He earned the Straight Razor nickname by doing serious harm with one in his youth. Time in prison changed him though, he studied Journalism and once he was released became a writer for the newspaper. After that it was a matter of hard working his way to the top. Today his nickname meant that he was a firm follower of the Straight Edge culture.

For all that, it was hard to stay away from this. He immediately sends some of his reporters in this Whisper Killer story. He was leaving notes. Some of his reporters were also ex-presidiaries and it DID mean they were a bit too carefree with laws and too daredevilly about getting stories, but, as long as no harm was done...

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

As the sun rose, dusting the city streets with its rosy glow, the doors to a tavern opened like any other day. A tall bald man with a beard, slightly stooped from a career of polishing glasses, but broad in the shoulders from hefting cases of beer, squints into the morning light and fires up a cigarette. He had told himself he wasn’t going to start up again, but something about today didn’t feel right somehow. And when something didn’t feel right it was time for a smoke, plans or no plans. Call it a hunch.

That hunch was what got him to leave his small, shabby apartment upstairs a couple of hours early to count out the day’s till money and restock the cheap stuff. The city smelled of trouble. And trouble meant customers. Maybe not many, but enough to save up a few bucks, perhaps. Lord knows he could use it.

Red sky in the morning, sailors take warning, he says to no one in particular.

He takes a long drag, squinting into the sunrise, ties his apron behind his back and goes back inside to take down the tall, dark wood bar stools, overturned atop the bar. A trail of smoke hangs in the dim lighting.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pete stops in a local doughnut shop to grab a box for the office. He catches the early reports on the t.v. while he's waiting for his order to come out and it makes him shudder. He grabs his phone and puts down a quick reminder to stop at the hardware store on his way home. A little extra security never hurt anybody.

As he heads to the office he takes a quick detour towards the site, but it's too roped off for him to see anything. Probably for the best; no need to give in to such morbid curiosity anyways.

He arrives at the post office with the doughnuts in hand. The atmosphere is subdued and uncomfortable. Everybody is murmuring.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lady in Green drifts down the street from the coffee shop towards her book store, Emerald's Leaf, gingerly sipping the potent brew. As she unlocks the door, she notices a stir of activity down the street. The Lady in Green shrugs disinterestedly and enters the shop, knowing that whatever has happened, she will hear soon enough. She flips the sign to open, goes behind the counter, and picking up her current novel, begins to read.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

8. - Top - End - #188
    Bugbear in the Playground

Raoul Rose finishes placing the last of the roses in the window area. Sure its winter, but having a flower store next to the park is still a good location. Now, it may be a while before the pipe organ in the back is removed, but that's a minor detail for having this location, even through it had needed to be fixed up. But, that applied to most of the city, and this store was good enough for his needs.

Let's just hope that people don't decide to let the cold keep them from walking out and about.

Raoul talks to the flowers, after all, that does help them grow.

(DarkLightDragon)

9. - Top - End - #189
    Banned

There he was, just like Shadow had said. It was getting easier to understand what the man was trying to say now, though not by much..

Here?

Shadow nodded. H.'s ... th. ... on. ... w..e ... s..ken ... .bo.t

I see. And Hunter?

Shadow only shrugged.

Then I guess we should begin with LoP.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Puppies!! The young girl rushes over to the BasketOfPuppies and picks one of them up haphazardly. Oooh! They're so cuuuuute! She huggles the one in her hands.

She looks arond for someone (anyone). Can I have one!?

She sure hopes the owner of the pups hasn't runoff like a Fleeing Coward.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

11. - Top - End - #191
    Halfling in the Playground

*squeezed* Hey, um, kinda living. Could you let go a little? Thanks. You should probably get back to your parents, little girl, it's kinda dangerous out here. Why are you outside anyways?
    Last edited by BasketOfPuppies; 2014-01-13 at 10:43 PM.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Barbarian in the Playground

Josie hurried along the sidewalk, heading towards the shelter where she had taken the morning shift - again - after her supervisor spent the evening "in her cups", as her mother always put it. She noted the disturbance on the street and crinkled her nose in distaste as she heard the spectators speaking about the scene. She pulled her scarf a bit higher on her face and finished her trip. As she stomped off her boots, she paused, thinking she heard someone in the kitchen. She hoped it wasn't that shadowcaller guy again. He gave her the creeps.
    Spoiler
    Show

Little Fears banner by Crimmy
    Queen of Hearts avatar by Alarra

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

The tall bald man in the tavern fires up an antiquated java percolator which begins to make pinging noises of metal expanding until squirts of joe can be seen through the tiny glass nipple at the top of the contraption. He nabs a thick ceramic mug which reads “Haven Can Wait” and pulls the black lever on the tap, the orange glow from the machine’s sole light, illuminating gnarled fingers. The java is strong enough to be featured in noir films. The man raises the mug to his mouth, holding it there enjoying the warmth and smell.

Blowing softly through his mustache he pulls a Daily Madhouse from the stack delivered earlier. Time to check the old horoscope. He normally didn’t read it but something about today didn’t feel right somehow. And when something didn’t feel right it was time to check your horoscope.

He never got that far.

“Grisly Murder In Haven”

The man’s eyes rapidly scan the paper, reading the article. He closes his eyes and his head lolls forward a bit, coffee fumes curling around his pate. Looking tired, he walks over to the sink, pitches half the coffee, and uncorks something from the rail. Joylessly he adds it to the mug and takes along pull.

Lovely. Just friggin’ Skippy.

14. - Top - End - #194

Aedan sipped his coffe, aware of a sense of doom pervading the air. He habitually reached for his pocket, until he realised: There were no smoke there. Not anymore.
    Damn life had drained him of cash. He glanced warily at the book on the table, the book which claimed to have taken so many lives, covered in thick fur and blood, with sheafs of pages made from some kind of skin.
    Maybe human.
    On the inside, there was a single entry. AND THE GAME BEGINS AGAIN.
    He had no idea where it had come from, it had just shown up out of the blue, left there by some sort of shadowy figure calling himself a servant of the whole, named Sabeki.
    Quite an odd name, Aedan though to himself, once again absentmindedly reaching for his pocket, Is it Arabic? ((It's not, btw))
    He grasped into cloth to find empty air.
    Dammit, this is a really hard habit to break!
    Aedan cast down his hand in anger.
    Dammit!
    It had been day two of trying. But Aedan still felt that same need for fire and tar in his lungs.
    HEY
    Aedan jumped in fright.
    Wh-ho's there?
    DO YOU NOT REMEMBER OUT DEAL, HERO? OR WAS THAT IN A DIFFERENT PLACE. IT IS HARD TO REMEMBER THESE DAYS.
    What do you want?
    ONLY TO HELP. WHAT ELSE?
    What... What are you?
    The book on the table glowed from the dining room, grisly red.
    I AM THE DESTROYER AND THE CREATOR, I AM THE ONE WHO KILLS, AND THE ONE WHO TAKES, AND THE ONE WHO GIVES YOU THESE GAMES. I AM THE GRIMOIRE OF WEREWOLVES. AND I CONTAIN THE RULES OF THE UNIVERSE.
    DOES THIS PIQUES YOUR CURIOSITY? OR SATIATE YOUR QUESTIONS? FOR NO MORE SHALL BE ANSWERED.

What are you doing here?
    I AM EVERYWHERE. BUT RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW, IS WHERE I HAVE BEEN CALLED, LIKE A DOG TO ITS MASTER. YOU AND I HAVE A ROLE TO PLAY IN THIS GAME. AND THAT IS ENOUGH FOR NOW.
    NOW, YOU HAVE A LIST OF FELLOWS IN THIS CITY, WHOM YOU SHOULD INVESTIGATE THOROUGHLY. THEY ARE THEIVES, LIARS AND MURDERERS. REMEMBER TO BEWARE OF THE GREEN EYE AND THE FORGOTTEN SHADOW, AND DO NOT TRUST THE COWARD WHO LIVES HERE. TRUST NO ONE. NOT EVEN I.

What is this... list?
    Asked Aedan, still uncertain over the fact that, perhaps, he had simply snapped from the stress involving giving up ciggarettes.
    The bo- the Grimoire opened up to a page, with a list of names.

1 Tanar Aerdoth
    2 Zar Peter
    3 Zjoot
    4 Mordokai
    5 The Phantom
    6 The Fiery Tower
    7 C'nor
    8 LoP
    9 Fleeing Coward
    10 Abhorsen
    11 Lex-Kat
    12 Sabeki
    13 HedgehogRanger
    14 BasketofPuppies
    15 EmeraldRose
    16 bladescape
    17 Shadowcaller
    18 Penguinator
    19 Kalrany
    20 reaverb
    21 DarkLightDragon
    22 Yumori123
    23 Bunny of Faith
    24 Chessgeek
    25 usourselves&we
    26 Diva De
    27 Murska
    28 Mustiado
    29 Count Dingdong
    30 Haruki-kun
    31 DukeGod
    32 smellie_hippie
    33 Supagoof
    34 Trog
    35 Shadow
    36 Andre Fairchilde
    37 Atreyu the Masked LLama
    38 Mauve Shirt
    39 Skippy
    40 Mountain Faerie
    41 Reinholdt
    42 Cuthalion
    43 Alarra
    44 Helgraf
    45 Philistine
    46 Zeb The Troll
    47 Dallas-Dakota
    48 banjo1985
    49 52.5 Lemons
    50 mangosta71
    51 Grue Bait
    52 Kneenibble
    53 Madmal
    54 Ur-Quan
    55 Castaras

You can't be serious!
    The grimoire was silent.
    Almost all of these aren't even names! Who names their child 52.5 Lemons! That's ridiculous!
    And what the hell is a Grue!

The book was silent still. I mean, grimoire.
    Might as well look into these people anyways. Besides, if half of what that book dammit it's a Grimoire! is true, then perhaps one of them is the infamous Whisper Killer!

((For those who don't know what the Grimoire is: I stole it from Eternal Drifter in LoZ WW, and now have it in all the games I'm in with RP.))
    The statement below is true
    The statement above is false

Thanks to Grinner Cuthalion for the avatar!

Want to play a birdie in 4e? Come check it out!

15. - Top - End - #195

16. - Top - End - #196
    Banned

Since you mentioned Zork, I wonder if you have ever seen this?

17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground

(No.... wow... I did play Zork I and II and Leather Goddesses of Phobos though... cool video. You can show us more when you come up to visit, and bring Cristo too...)
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

18. - Top - End - #198
    Dwarf in the Playground

((usourselves&we is lynchable enough))
    Last edited by Zjoot; 2014-01-15 at 12:05 AM.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trog View Post
    Lovely. Just friggin’ Skippy.
    ((Missed you too, Trog ))

"Hey, fella", said the man with the longcoat and the spiky hair to the man sipping his "coffee", "mind if I join you for a morning drink?"

Skippy pulls out a Thermos, pours a cup of his own brew, then sips it without waiting for it to cool down.

"It was terrible, what happened last night. Gotta admit, I threw up a bit after reading the papers this morning."

Another sip. Refilling the cup.

"Gotta be honest. I'm really scared right now. The old wife wants to skip town, but I said to her that that will only make us look guilty as heck. Myself, I think I'll just load my old Colt and sleep with an eye open.", he winks, "And keep an eye on that guy Dallas-Dakota. He's sure up to no good."
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    The Lady in Green drifts down the street from the coffee shop towards her book store, Emerald's Leaf, gingerly sipping the potent brew. As she unlocks the door, she notices a stir of activity down the street. The Lady in Green shrugs disinterestedly and enters the shop, knowing that whatever has happened, she will hear soon enough. She flips the sign to open, goes behind the counter, and picking up her current novel, begins to read.
    The bell in the book store rang, but the man was far from unexpected. He arrived every morning, shortly after the store had opened. He would nod at the Lady in Green, then take up his position in the small rocking chair in the corner. The chair was, perhaps, a little small for him, but he didn't mind. After all, old habits die hard, and he had been there for years.

But not today. Vincent entered, then stood for a moment, as if he had forgotten his purpose for entering the establishment. His hands dug deeply into his pockets, a gesture he usually reserved for more "common" folk.

A retired English teacher, Vincent was what one might call an intellectual. He spoke little, and for the most part, he believed only what he could see. He knew little of life outside the book store; he had been a widower longer than he cared to remember. After his wife died, he retired and began to inhabit the book store whenever it was open. It gave him something to do to keep his mind off of his troubles.

After several moments of silence, the man spoke. His voice was almost rusty from lack of use, and a subtle British accent betrayed his origins. "Heard about the recent goings-on? Balderdash, if you ask me."

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

21. - Top - End - #201

The old man had been a fixture in the city for decades. And like most fixtures that old, he was a little rusty and could probably use a fresh coat of paint.

A large hand gripped the crookshank halfstave he used to keep his steps orderly. He regarded it briefly, lost in memories ... these hands had done so much more than hold a old man's walking aide. So much more.

But those days were long gone.

Old stories. Old legends and old terrors, forgotten or buried by most. He himself had far more in common with them than the the city of the current day.

His meandering ended at the shelter door; whereon he rapped the crook of his stave against the door to announce his presence.

((Sabeki))
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2014-01-14 at 12:55 AM.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

A young, sandy-haired man is sitting at the tavern owned by the bald man reading a newspaper. He looks interested at the recent events, but scoffs at any of the whisperings about supernatural phenomena. After all, those things didn't exist, right?

He looks at his drink and takes a sip. Of course they didn't. It was all in the imaginations of the people.

He takes his winter coat off, revealing the lab coat beneath it, and the name tag on it. "Noah Johnson, Student Access."

23. - Top - End - #203

Aeden picked up the now silent grimoire, and wondered what to do with it. Actually, come to think of it, there was a book shop nearby! The Green Leaf, if memory served correctly ((It did not.)) Perhaps somebody there could divulge its origin, or some sort of history on it?
    Unlikely, perhaps, but possible.
    And so, Aeden shrugged on his coat, grabbed the book, and headed down the street, looking for the bookshop. On the way, he saw the piles of snow lined up on the streets. No wonder they're having trouble catching the killer! The streets are absolutely blocked! He though, walling through the cold. I'd better hurry, or else I'll just freeze!
    And so, when he saw the sign, partly obscured by snow, that read Leaf, in flowing green calligraphy, he dashed in. Already in the room was the shops proprietor, reading a book, and a British man with a slight accent commenting on the murders.
    He may have been a teacher, once, Aeden guessed, mostly by the accent.
    PERHAPS. BUT YOU WILL FIND NOTHING HERE. The grimoir stated.
    Aedan dropped the book, which let out a furiously loud THWACK! as it hit the ground.
    The statement below is true
    The statement above is false

Thanks to Grinner Cuthalion for the avatar!

Want to play a birdie in 4e? Come check it out!

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DukeGod View Post
    My my, wasn't that interesting?

Edward "Straight Razor" Beewolf was now the owner of the Daily Madhouse News a rather unfortunately named newspaper that somehow was among the most popular. Not that most people would be caught dead reading it.

Either way, he was a ex-presidiary turned right. As a matter of fact he went overkill on turning right. He earned the Straight Razor nickname by doing serious harm with one in his youth. Time in prison changed him though, he studied Journalism and once he was released became a writer for the newspaper. After that it was a matter of hard working his way to the top. Today his nickname meant that he was a firm follower of the Straight Edge culture.

For all that, it was hard to stay away from this. He immediately sends some of his reporters in this Whisper Killer story. He was leaving notes. Some of his reporters were also ex-presidiaries and it DID mean they were a bit too carefree with laws and too daredevilly about getting stories, but, as long as no harm was done...
    "I'm on it boss! I'll have this killer caught before the end of the week. It'll be the scoop of the century!" Before bossman Beewolf could protest, the overeager young investigative journalist was zooming out the door, a small flurry of loose papers left swirling in his wake as the only indication he had been there.

Hat on his head, the enthusiastic photographer rushed to the scene. Approaching the first person he sees, cop or civilian, he grasps their hand fervently and gives it a vigorous shake, leaving a small business card as he withdraws his own. "Marty Nabal, investigative journalist for the Daily Madhouse. A real pleasure to meet you in this most unpleasant of times. Grisly murder, grisly. I'm doing a human piece to commemorate the memory of the event so no one forgets. Where were you on the night of the murder?" Marty speaks in a manner too fast for most to keep up with and tops it off with a dazzling smile and a snapshot from his camera, the flash set all the way up to 'OHMYGODMYEYES'. It can be a bit overwhelming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Pixie in the Playground

Ronald tried to remember how long the big job tomorrow was going to take. He was setting up the wiring in a new house, but he had been given the specifications weeks ago. Eventually, he decided he needed to take a conservative estimate on the appointment.
    "So how does between 9:00 and 11:00 PM tomorrow sound? I know it's a little inconvenient, but I can't fit you in for another week or so otherwise."
    The old lady balked.
    "Aren't you scared about the killer?" she said.
    "What? There are thousands of people in this town, and I'm just driving up to your walkway."
    "I don't want you to be unsafe."
    "Well, I can do it tomorrow. This problem can destroy your appliances if you leave it unfixed. Do you want me to do it or not?"
    She paused for a while.
    "Tomorrow's fine"

((Chessgeek as a random point))
    Last edited by reaverb; 2014-01-14 at 01:40 AM.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sabeki View Post
    Aedan dropped the book, which let out a furiously loud THWACK! as it hit the ground.
    Vincent didn't jump at the sudden noise; rather, he removed his hands from his pockets. Wouldn't do to show such a pose in public. He looked over the new arrival; not someone he had noticed before. And Vincent noticed everyone who came into the book store. He then took notice of the book which had hit the ground. Like the boy, it was unfamiliar. The binding did not look like something which had come from Emerald's Leaf. While he looked upon the book, he subconsciously stepped back from it. There was something about the arrival which had put him off. But surely, it was nothing more than the unexpected clatter.

He nodded rather stiffly at the boy. "Good day."

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

The shrill screech of the electronic alarm dragged me grudgingly up into consciousness, and I groped blindly for the switch. It was too early for decent people to be up and about, but I needed to get back into the habit - tax season was just on the horizon. I stumbled through my morning ablutions and headed downstairs. Some days I really appreciated my luck, finding the storefront and the apartment in the same building, and both vacant at the same time - no commute for me!

I'd been reluctant to move away from The City at first. Then again, I'd spent twelve years dying by degrees at a soul-devouring corporate desk, and I'd been more desperate for a change than even I realized when I got word from a friend of a friend of a friend that old Art Wellesley up in Haven was retiring and moving to Florida, and there wasn't anybody else left in town to pick up the slack with his clients. So I'd upped stakes, moved to Flyover USA, and hung out my shingle here four and a half years ago. Things had been good here, until this Whisper Killer thing started up.

At the bottom of the stairs I turned left instead of right, heading for the corner doughnut shop instead of opening the office. They'd have doughnuts, coffee, and - maybe most important, lately - a newspaper. Maybe the cops had caught the guy. Maybe there'd be something, anything, that counted as genuinely new information. The mood in town was turning ugly, fast, especially toward "newcomers" - which still included me, even after more than four years - and it was starting to conjure up long-forgotten memories of childhood taunts. Maybe at the very least I could see one friendly face this morning, before I settled down to while away a long, quiet day behind the door with my name on it: Felix Lynch, CPA.

Hell. Even if I had only been here four years, Haven was my home now. I had a cozy little place, a cozy little business... a regular stool at the cozy little local tavern. Maybe I could get out, go back to The City and the corporate world. But I knew that if I did, I'd always think of myself as a Fleeing Coward.

Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #208
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

A small white, ragged cat wanders out of the nearby alleyway, mewing pathetically. It struggles along the wet road, deathly tired. A long night for a little kitty.

Look! People! People mean attention! And foods!

Personpersonpersonperson Hello! I'm a cat! You should stroke me!

She rubs herself against a passerbyer, earning a quick scritch of the head. Purring, the cat staggers over to a nearby building, wandering into the warmth.

Warmwarmwarm where is warms. Oo, warms generator!

The cat slumps in front of a fireplace, purring all the while.
    Last edited by Castaras; 2014-01-14 at 03:27 AM.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

Baydon steps off the bus, adjusting the straps on his bag. He'd read about the killings, and had a bad feeling - his uncle had been lost in the events years previous, and he was the only one in the family with experience in the more esoteric.

So, he was here to investigate. There would probably be others, as well - he should find them and offer his assistance in the matter.

Baydon walked through the falling snow, intending to visit the old house of his uncle first of all.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

"No I'm a hobby folklorist, I don't write fairy tales." The purple-haired girl explains into her phone as she strolls to the bus stop. " I'm not in danger. Don't worry about it. I'll see you this weekend."
    Truth be told, there were more murders in the news each day. Every person on this bus could be a hapless victim or a bloodthirsty killer. A note that cryptic could only be meant for a few people. Definitely not someone as new and uninvolved as she. Nonetheless, she felt comforted by her concealed carry permit.
    Mauve got off the bus and headed to the temp agency where she helped other people find jobs that paid much better than the temp agency. Philistine
    Last edited by Mauve Shirt; 2014-01-14 at 06:21 AM.