Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default The Clouds Gather OOC (Only War)

IC thread here.

Keeping together a galaxy-spanning empire is far from easy. On top of brushfire rebellions, heretical beliefs, the depredations of pirates and xenos alike, the Imperium must also contend with natural forces - or, in the case of Warp storms, supernatural forces. These maelstroms have been known to cut off planets from support and supplies alike for centuries, even millennia - spelling disaster for the inhabitants. When the Warp storms finally abate and the planet is rediscovered, very little often remains of its once-thriving civilization.

Virbius is comparatively lucky. Its purpose was swiftly forgotten and its population abandoned the hive-cities that they no longer had the ability to maintain, but they adapted, taking to the planet's grasslands in great nomadic caravans. Starvation was not as great a problem as it could have been; there were no exceptionally dangerous fauna to prey upon them, nor had any alien species gained a foothold. Yet much knowledge was lost, and soon all that remained of their duty to the Imperium was a vague legend of a far-away sky-god and a lingering terror of the crumbling hives...at least, until the Warp storms dwindled away, and their planet became a battleground between the Imperium of Mankind and the secessionists of the Severan Dominate.

So far, both forces have been locked in a stalemate. The Imperium's weight of numbers and established logistical chain have been effectively countered by exceptional Dominate officers with an unsuspected flair for guerrilla warfare. As their hit-and-run tactics increased, the Lord General charged with holding Virbius issued a call for reinforcements - a call eagerly answered by the Adeptus Mechanicus, who had been itching to plunder the planet of its lost secrets. The relief fleet, bolstered by the tech-priest's augmented regiments, now orbits about the planet in preparation for deployment...

Spoiler: Virbius and You: Official Briefing Document
    Show
    Thought for the Day: Loyalty is the most human of qualities. Those in which it is lacking are inhuman.

Congratulations on your deployment to Virbius, valiant soldier of the Imperium! Know that your time and toil here helps to secure a better tomorrow for all mankind. What follows is a list of facts deemed both relevant and useful by your commanding officers and the Departmento Munitorum alike. Remember, the Emperor Protects!

Virbius is a quasi-feral world, cut off until very recently from the Imperium at large by centuries-long Warp storms. Records are in short supply, but it is believed to have once been an agri-world of some manner, and the remains of several minor hives are in evidence. The Tech-Priests accompanying this deployment hope to rectify our lack of knowledge, but that is not the major concern of this action. Virbius represents an opportunity for the traitor and the rebel to establish a new front and potentially recover technological artifacts. This must not be allowed to occur! Those who oppose the divine protection of the Imperium must be removed, lest their recidivism turn to outright heresy.

Climate on Virbius is routinely mild and pleasant, with the geography given over to rolling hills, small woodlands, and extensive grasslands. Troopers deployed near hive ruins will also have the privilege of viewing breathtaking mountain ranges. The planet’s natural wonders also include large electrical storms, which can often be glimpsed on the horizon. Though much less dangerous than they appear, these phenomena should still be avoided, as the risk of damaging delicate equipment is far too great.

The natives of Virbius have adapted to their isolation and environment remarkably well, showing a strength of spirit that speaks well of their abilities to resist the secessionists. They travel in large, nomadic caravans of vehicles, including combat bikes produced for their tribal warriors. Any trooper coming across information as to the construction of these vehicles should report to the nearest Tech-Priest immediately for debriefing. These natives have proven themselves helpful and have been welcomed back into the arms of the Emperor; they are to be considered allies unless they demonstrate otherwise.

Current regiments deployed to Virbius include the 37th, 38th, and 54th Maccabean Janissaries; the 105th Ranavan Linebreakers; the 45th and 201st Harakoni Warhawks; and the 85th and 143rd Scintillan Fusiliers. Exact positions and deployments will, of course, vary. Overall, the Severan Dominate’s position is considered weak and crumbling, with your deployment expected to sweep them away with all the righteous fury of mankind.

Gloria ad Imperator!

Spoiler: 96th Orhanian Imperial Dragoons
    Show
    Highborn (3 pts)
    • +3 to Weapon Skill, Fellowship or Intelligence, pick two.
    • Common Lore (Administratum), Inquiry, Linguistics
    • -10 to Charm, Inquiry & Decieve vs non-highborn; +10 with noble-born or higher authorities
    • Air of Authority or Peer (Noble), pick one
    • +10 to Logistics Rating
    • -1 to starting wounds

Rough Riders Regiment (5 pts)
    • +3 to Agility, -3 Ballistic Skill
    • Survival
    • Catfall
    • One hunting lance (2 reloads); one laspistol w/four charge packs; one flak jacket & helmet; one riding beast (dusk dog); one saddle, two saddlebags and one set of riding tack

Choleric (2 pts)
    • Rapid Reaction

Close Order Drill (2 pts)
    • Combat Formation or Double Team

Hardened Warriors (2 pts)
    • +2 Weapon Skill
    • Street Fighting
    • May replace standard melee weapon with any main Primary Weapon of Common availability, or add mono-edged upgrade to standard melee weapon.

Honor-Bound (+4 pts)
    • When challenged / slighted, must take -10 Willpower test to avoid a duel, or take -10 to all Willpower tests for the duration of the session (cumulative).

Gear
    • Good Quality mono-edged sword (8pts)
    • Lascarbine with two charge packs and Exterminator (10 pts)
    • Chrono (2pts)
    • Feudal Plate (10pts)
    • One flask of spiced Vhedar (2 pts)
    • Two uniforms (2pts for a spare)
    • Poor weather gear
    • 1x hunting lance (Main Weapon)
    • 1x laspistol w/4x charge packs
    • 1x flak jacket & helmet
    • 1x riding beast (dusk dog)
    • 1x saddle
    • 2x saddlebags
    • 1x riding tack
    • 1x knife
    • Rucksack or sling bag
    • 1x set of basic tools
    • 1x mess kit and one water canteen
    • 1x blanket and 1x sleep bag
    • 1x rechargeable lamp pack
    • 1x grooming kit
    • 1x set ofcognomen tags or equivalent identification
    • 1x primer or instructional handbook
    • Combat sustenance rations, 2x weeks' supply

Favored Basic Weapon: Meltagun

Favored Heavy Weapon: Orhanian "Mantlet" Multi-Laser (Multi-laser with inbuilt gun carriage and shield, weighs 2kg more than normal)

Morisan Dusk Dog

{table] WS | BS | S | T | Ag | Per | Int | WP | Fel
    20 | 01 | 30 | 40 | 60 | 45 | 10 | 20 | 10 [/table]
    Wounds: 20/20
    AP: 3 (All Locations)
    Move Speed: 12

Ability Points: 5/12

Skills: Awareness, Survival

Talents: Heightened Senses (Hearing, Smell), Sprint.

Traits: Beastial, Size (5), Natural Weapons, Quadruped, Bred for War, Loyal, Brutal Charge (3), Natural Armor (3), Burrower (1).

General Idea/History: Canine like beasts which wander the plains of the Homeland, they're pack hunters and opportunists by nature, designed to quickly cripple enemies, take their weakened counter attack, and rip them apart. Burrows to create dens and safe places from the harsh winters. Nobles of Orhania have bred them for war, apex predator of the home planet (using high speed, awareness, and hard charges to take down even larger beasts than it), something of a national icon.
    Spoiler: Background
    Show
    It is the nature of Man to be lead by the strong. That is why we venerate the God-Emperor, the most powerful of beings who can tame the very warp itself. That is why we count upon the deadly justice of the powerful Inquisition, or the Angelic Knights of the Astartes.

And that is why we fight.

The Dragoons are the best, noble elites of the world, trained from birth in the arts of war, philosophy and statecraft. We can trace our ancestry to the crusades of the 32nd Millennium. Where members of a veteran, hardened Guardsman Regiment were given rights of settlement over our world. Those guardsmen too junior to take over positions in the planetary government became the core of our regiment, keeping peace and order, and leading the defense of the world.

We enjoy the fruits of our labors, with a government that traces it's ancestry to the Guard itself, us professional soldiers are a level above the common rabble of the PDFs or the thugs hired by the Arbites to crack skulls. Even the lowest of the raw recruits, born of noble families is the envy of other Guardsmen, well equipped and bred for victory. Our skills are honed in the thick forests and mountains of our home world, where Stealth and Guile, along with overwhelming and sudden firepower, and more important than standing line abreast and firing en masse into cooperative hordes.

Due to our status as the superiors of most men, we draw our troops only from the finest stock, the noble families of the original settlement of our homeworld (Granted that's about 30% of the planetary population at that point, but it's still a mark of distinction, dammit!), using our connections to reinforce from the homeland no matter where we may be found fighting the enemies of Man.

The Dragoons bear a long tradition of pride and honor, from the original Regiment who settled our world in the wake of a long, and successful crusade, to our numerous actions in close quarters assaults and lightning raids. Honor and pride are not just a tradition however, it is a source of our strength, and something no Dragoon would ever allow to be besmirched.

Please post character sheets below!
    Last edited by Doc Kraken; 2014-01-17 at 11:25 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: The Clouds Gather OOC (Only War)

Spoiler: Veche Galt
    Show

Name: Veche Galt
    Class: Heavy Gunner
    Demeanor: Talkative

Wounds: 13/13
    Fate: 2/2
    Corruption: 0
    Insanity: 0

{table] WS | 29
    BS | 39
    S | 31
    Ag | 37
    T | 45
    Int | 37
    Per | 34
    WP | 31
    Fel | 36 [/table]

Aptitudes:
    General, Ballistic Skill, Defense, Fellowship, Offense, Perception, Toughness.

Skills:
    – Common Lore (Administratum) (Int)
    – Common Lore (Imperial Guard) (Int)
    – Common Lore (War) (Int)
    – Inquiry (Fel)
    – Intimidate (Fel)
    – Linguistics (High Gothic) (Int)
    – Survival (Per)

Talents:
    - Catfall: Reduces the amount of damage from falling by Agility bonus, +20 to the Acrobatics Jump test to reduce falling damage.
    – Combat Formation: Squad gains a +1 bonus to Initiative, characters may use the Intelligence Modifier rather than Agility for Initiative.
    – Iron Jaw: If ever stunned, may test toughness to ignore the effects.
    – Peer (Nobility): Gains +10 to all Fellowship Tests when interacting with Nobility, may also call upon them for favors from time to time.
    - Rapid Reaction: When I would be surprised or ambushed, a successful agility test allows me to act normally.
    - Street Fighting: When using small melee weapons, add half my WS Bonus to any critical damage I inflict.
    – Weapon Training (Las, Flame, Low-Tech, Heavy): Can use them without penalty.

Traits:
    – Fluency: May communicate in Low Gothic as long as it doesn't require a Skill Test.
    – Duty and Honour: Suffers a -10 penalty on all Charm, Inquiry, and Deceive tests made to interact with characters who are not highborn. Gains a +10 on those tests when dealing with high authorities and nobility in formal situations.
    – Abundant Resources: Extra 10 Logistics
    – The Finest Tutors: Starts with Peer (Nobility).
    – Pride Over Life: Must pass a -10 Willpower Test to refuse any formal challenge or ignore a major slight to my honor. If I fail the test and refuse to accept the challenge or duel over my honor, I take a cumulative -10 to Willpower Tests for the remainder of the session.
    - Street Fighter: Adds Mono edged to the Regimental Sword.

Gear (That actually does something and isn't standard kit And no game effect):
    {table="Header"] Weapon (And Ammo, Mods) | Class | Range | RoF | Damage | Pen | Clip | Reload | Special | Weight
    M41 Multi-Laser (Gun Carriage, Gun Shield, 3 Reloads) | Heavy | 150m | -/-/5 | 2d10+10 E | 2 | 100 | 2 Full | Reliable | 35kg
    Laspistol (4 charge packs, Exterminator) | Pistol | 30m | S/2/- | 1d10+2 E | 0 | 22/30 | Half | Reliable | 1.5kg
    Las Carbine (2 Charge packs) | Basic | 75m | S/2/- | 1d10+3 E | 0 | 58/60 | Half | Reliable | 2.5kg
    Good Quality Mono Sword | Melee | - | - | 1d10+3 R | 2 | - | - | Balanced | 3kg
    Knife | Melee/Thrown | 5m | - | 1d5+3 R | 0 | - | - | - | 1kg
    Hunting Lance (2) | Melee | - | - | 2d10+6 X | 7 | - | - | Concussive (3) | 4kg [/table]
    – Feudal Plate Armor:
    Locations Covered: All AP: 5 Wt: 30kg
    – Rechargeable Lamp Pack: Provides 5 hours of light between charges.
    – Combat Sustenance Rations (2 weeks worth): It's food.
    - Ration of "Recaff" Cider: It's Delicious.
    - Morisan Dusk Dog:
    Spoiler
    Show
    20 | 01 | 40 | 40 | 60 | 45 | 10 | 20 | 10 [/table]
    AP: 3 (All Locations)

Traits: Beastial, Size (5), Natural Weapons, Quadruped, Bred for War, Loyal, Brutal Charge (3), Natural Armor (3), Burrower (1).

General Idea/History: Canine like beasts which wander the plains of the Homeland, they're pack hunters and opportunists by nature, designed to quickly cripple enemies, take their weakened counter attack, and rip them apart. Burrows to create dens and safe places from the harsh winters. Nobles of (World X) have bred them for war, apex predator of the home planet (using high speed, awareness, and hard charges to take down even larger beasts than it), something of a national icon.

Regimental Favored Weapons: Melta (Main Weapon), M41 Multi-Laser (Heavy Weapon).

Experience: 600/600
    Loader (Comrade Advance): 250 XP
    Ballistics Skill +5: 250 XP
    Toughness +5: 100 XP

Comrade:
    Name: Symonne Janine
    Demeanor: Cook
    Ability: Loader (Passive): As long as his comrade is in cohesion, the Heavy Gunner may use his Comrade's Actions to reload his currently equipped weapon. These may be used in combination with the Heavy Gunner's Actions.

Spoiler: The Glorious Figure of Veche Galt
    Show

Psychological Profile of Trooper, Veche Galt, Administered in the year of the Immortal Emperor, M41 998.263, transcript as follows:

"... this session will be recorded, for the sake of his most holy Inquisition, and the Imperial Commissariat-"

"Fine by me, they want to recruit me, they'll want to know just what they're getting."

"I highly doubt that will be the case. It's just standard protocol."

The subject winks at the interviewer, "Sure, whatever you say darling."

"Moving on" Interviewer clears her throat loudly and adjusts her robes. "How would you classify yourself, personality wise?"

"... such a hard question. It really is when you think of it. In the worlds of the great Imperial Philosopher Solan Kett, 'one only truly knows the depth of his soul in the moment he gives his life for the immortal emperor'. But that seems a bit far to go, just to answer a question like that. So perhaps I don't really know myself. But I think I got a good handle on things. I am good with people, well... most people. Some say I get on their nerves as I tend to be quite verbose. But I suppose that's only nature, considering the cultured upbringing. While others were doing their duties in the manufactoriums and agricultural plants... well I was doing mine in the librarium and reliquaries. We have a burden of leadership, granted admittedly small in the part of the noble Galt line... but it is still a part, and we play it well. Very duty bound, I take my work seriously. But I suppose you can also say I am something of a humanist at heart as well. I believe in the divinity of Man as a whole, the servants of our Emperor across the stars, the true rulers of all creation. Every man carries a spark of that divine essence where the Emperor has touched us all. You never quite know who will end up the next Lord Solar, or Commissar Yarrick. But again and again, common men have proved themselves to be able to be much more than common. I hope to have the chance to aspire to that someday. Or at the very least witness it. It's a very inspiring idea, don't you think? That at some great moment of adversity on the field of battle someone will just awaken that tiny spark of the divine... and turn into an unstoppable machine of war for the glory of all Men. Ah... but I suppose we're getting a bit off topic, aren't we?"

"... no... no... not really." *Interviewer notes down impressions that Trooper Galt is likely to martyr himself for a cause, and would serve well under the guidance of a Ministorum Priest, should one ever be assigned to his company*

"Now how devoted would you say you are to the missions you may face, and what lengths would you go to achieve them?"

"Strange questions you ask... sure it is not something else you wish to ask?" *subject give the interviewer a strange look, interviewer responses with a negative* "... fine.... fine. So... theoretical mission eh? I suppose you're asking about some nightmare scenario, where the world is ending and everything has gone cog crazed, the wyches are running wild, and so on and so forth really? That usually seems to be the sort of thing you're asking. Least I'd imagine that's what you'd be looking for. Maybe pondering just when I might crack under the pressure and dishonor the Emperor, the Saints, my family, my regiment, my squad and myself, in that order by the way. Love my family but I don't put them above the divinely ascended. Mother's secret recipe for dim berry glazed roasted walrig only TASTES divine... sure you don't want to... no, no, of course not. Later perhaps. But I suppose that order tells you what's what. I might sell out my life. But I'll sell it dearly as our Primer says, and make them pay badly for underestimating what a noble's son with a warrior spirit and the righteous arms of the Emperor's armies might do. But I won't sell out my squad, or my company. That is the height of foolishness! I know that we fight so much better as a team, than I ever would alone. There's no point in sacrificing them so I may continue to fight. Course on the other, darker roads.... well... I'd like to earn a Right of Settlement myself someday. I can't be doing that if I'm going around and disgracing the Emperor, now can I?"

*Interviewer notes a possible disciplinary problem with female personnel, but one likely only requiring punishment via additional duties or lashing.* *Interviewer Avia Howel - I believe this note to be remiss and premature*

"So, a Right of Settlement, that's an odd thing to mention, what brought that about?"

"Well you know about the traditions of our regiment, and our homeworld, right? Of course you do, you live here don't you. I always admired that story myself. The gloried, storied regiment of a grand Crusade, taking this world as their own when their soldiers were too old to kill in the Emperor's name any longer, taking to the land to reshape this world from the mess the foul Xenos with their trickery had warped it into, creating fine sons and daughters to carry on the fight as the first of the Jannissaries. Inspiring, isn't it? Well, it was to me. To conduct some great crusade, to fight alongside legendary figures truly blessed by the Emperor's light, be part of something greater... Ah I wish I had been born earlier, so I may have joined some of those figures. But I suppose that just gives me the opportunity to be part of some new legend, and witness some new hero. And of course I've spent my life in scholarly pursuits, being prepared to lead should one of the Galt Line ever need to step forward. The challenging of cleansing a world of some... vile force... and bringing it back into the Emperor's light, as a shining beacon of how all worlds should be? Well... that sounds like a hell of a dream to me."

"You certainly seem inspired." *Suggestion: Possible advanced training in Officer School* "So tell me a bit about the other side of the coin, what lights the fires of the Emperor's wrath inside of you?" *Subject gives a suspicious glance towards the Interviewer, but shrugs it off*

"Guess you boys in the Inquisition will need to know, if they want to recruit me, right? Wink wink, nudge nudge. Ha. Well... what sets off the promethium in old Veche's heart? Lots of things I suppose. We're only human, fury and anger are the hallmarks of the human soul. Properly channeled towards righteousness, one of our greatest strengths. Those who turn their backs on the natural order of the Imperium, of course. I broke no peace with those who would rebel against our Emperor or his chosen agents. Perhaps it is because I am one of those agents, and aware of it? Of course we all are in the end, but some people just don't realize it. As a warrior, and a leader, I have my roll in the Imperium, as does the lowly servitor, or the rating, or the noble Commissar. It works best when everyone is doing what they are supposed to be doing. A rebel, or one who shirks his duties out of some other cause, damages not only his own soul, but the safety of the Imperium itself, and should be treated accordingly!

Of course, there's more than just that. I have my own faults, hard to believe as it is. But like most things you turn them towards righteousness, use a percieved flaw as a great advantage, in the spirit of the Imperium and the Guard, after all. Just as we take some feral man who knows no war that is not at the end of a spear, and still find a way for him to join the battlefield with his brothers and put that spear to work for the Emperor. Me? I know what's right, what's wrong, and who I am. Well, as well as I can know myself without going to my death. I cannot stand those who try to change me, or worse yet... tries to pity me."
    *Subject shakes his head ruefully* "There's a story about a man named Vade. Right bastard of a man. Used to push me around a bit back when I was a knee high to a grox. Used to be quite the stick boy if you can believe it! Really filled out. Anyway, I was frail of body, not yet having put on my muscle, not the fastest child either, smart... but eh, not so smart that I would get away with being the weakest. Vade used to knock me around. Taught me how to scrap really, better training than I ever got from my tutors, something about channeling all that rage, and not really knowing what will happen at the end of the fight... makes you learn real quick. I hated him. Still do, as a matter of fact. He wanted me to be like him. Big, brutish thug, no subtlety, no tact. Had to "teach me a lesson" anytime I was being anything but, sadly might have worked as I did pack on quite a bit of muscle. Worse though, worse was Silva. Little twerp was always feeling sorry for me when I got thrashed by Vade. I hate the pity. Treated me like less than the man I was, or was going to be I should say. Treated me like some stupid, wounded grox floundering in mud. I hated that look. I hated the pity. I am a Man, and always would be. To be treated like anything less..." *the subject shuddered visibly, and his hands balled into fists* "... as I said. I know who I am. I do not take slights to it very well. It inspired me to be better, however. But it is still a sore spot, and not one I handle well."

"Well... that was illuminating."
    Last edited by ArcturusV; 2014-03-19 at 08:51 PM.
    Currently sick as a dog and unable to focus properly. Will heal soon.

3. - Top - End - #3

Yeah, that's the other idea I had. If we don't have a full squad in a couple of days, I'll just go ahead and kick this off and you guys will have NPC backup, to be slowly shunted into the background-slash-meatgrinder if and when more people show up.

Oddly enough, that works out nicely...

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Works for me. Presuming I don't get in a position where everyone else runs away while I'm stuck and I have to solo an Ork Horde.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Finished background plugging, let me know if you have issues with it.

Edit: I remember that Smokeprism asked about any Fluffery concerns.

Not big deals at all, but something that did jump out is that Stormtroopers as "Specialists" units attached to the Regiment don't actually have to hail from the Regimental Homeworld. They can have their own background and fluff separate from the Jannissaries. It doesn't provide a mechanical benefit as by the rules the Specialists "adapt" to the standards of whatever Regiment they are assigned to, so you still effectively have the "highborn" package and such because you picked up on our culture.

But it means Fluff wise for all it matters Vax could have been the son of a Bilge Rat on some Imperial Garbage Scow across the Galaxy, if you wanted. Or anything else really.

Just thought I'd mention that as it occurred to me.
    Last edited by ArcturusV; 2014-01-07 at 04:18 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Surgeon-Knight Pavel Hauptman

Spoiler: Surgeon-Knight Pavel Hauptman
    Show
    Character Name: Dr. Pavel Hauptman
    Speciality: Medic
    Demeanour: Arrogant
    Comrade: Surgeon Asst Jonavek "JD" Dalisen
    Demeanour: Subservient

Characteristics{table=head] Stat | Base | Roll | Mods | Total
    WS|20|7|+5|32
    BS|20|5|-3|22
    S|20|9|-|29
    T|20|10|-|30
    Ag|20|9|+3|32
    Int|20|17|+13|50
    Per|20|13|+5|38
    WP|20|9|-|29
    Fel|20|8|-|28[/table]
    Aptitudes: Ballistic Skill, Fieldcraft, General, Intelligence, Knowledge, Perception, Willpower
    Spoiler: Skills
    Show
    Awareness (Per): 38
    Commerce (Int): 50
    Common Lore - Administratum (Int): 50
    Common Lore - Underworld (Int): 50
    Inquiry (Fe): 28
    Linguistics - High Gothic (Int): 50
    Medicae (Int): 50
    Scholastic Lore - Chymistry (Int): 50
    Scrutiny (Per): 38
    Survival (Per): 38
    Trade - Chymist (Int): 50

Spoiler: Traits
    Show
    Duty and Honor: Suffer -10 to Charm/Inquiry/Deceive checks vs non-highborn. Gain +10 to same checks with nobility/high authority in formal situations.
    Abundant Resources: Squad starts with 10 extra logistics rating
    Finest Tutors: Gain Air of Authority or Peer (Noble)

Spoiler: Talents
    Show
    Catfall: Reduce fall distance by Ag bonus; +20 to Acrobatics test for Jump special skill
    Combat Formation: Add +1 to initiative for all characters with Combat Formation; others may use Int bonus.
    Jaded: Does not gain Insanity pts or make Fear tests for mundane events.
    Peer (Noble): Gain +10 in social skills with nobles.
    Rapid Reaction: When surprised/ambushed, make Ag test to act normally.
    Street Fighting: When armed with a knife, add half WS to any Critical Damage.
    Weapon Training (Las, Low-Tech): Can use Pistol, Basic, Melee, Throwing and Vehicle.

Spoiler: Experience (600/600)
    Show
    +5 I (S): 100 xp
    +5 Per (S): 100xp
    Awareness: 100xp
    Scrutiny: 100xp
    Commerce: 100xp
    Common Lore - Underground: 100xp

Spoiler: Gear
    Show
    {table=head]Weapon|Class|Range|ROF|Damage|Pen|Clip|Reload|Wt|S pecial
    Las carbine|Basic|75m|S/2/-|1d10+3 E|0|60|Half|2.5kg|Reliable
    Laspistol|Pistol|30m|S/2/-|1d10+2 E|0|30|Half|1.5kg|Reliable
    Exterminator|?|10m|S/-/-|1d10+4 E|2|1|-|1kg|Reliable
    Hunting Lance|Melee|-|s|1d10+3 X|2|1|4kg|-
    Mono sword|Melee|-|-|1d10+SB R|2|-|-|3kg|Balanced
    Knife|Melee/Thrown|5m|S|1d5+SB R|0|1|-|1kg|-[/table]
    Equipment
    - 1x Good Quality mono-edged sword
    - 1x Lascarbine with 2x charge packs and Exterminator
    - x2 Chrono
    - Feudal Plate
    - 1x flask, spiced Vhedar
    - 1x hunting lance (Main Weapon)
    - 1x laspistol w/4x charge packs
    - 1x flak jacket & helmet
    - 1x riding beast (dusk dog)
    - 1x saddle
    - 2x saddlebags
    - 1x riding tack
    - 1x diagnostor (+20 Medicae/Perception to determine ailment)
    - 1x injector (Administer any drug as a Half Action)
    - 1x medikit (+20 to Medicae)
    - 1x uniform
    - 1x Poor weather gear
    - 1x knife
    - Rucksack or sling bag
    - 1x set of basic tools
    - 1x mess kit and one water canteen
    - 1x blanket and 1x sleep bag
    - 1x rechargeable lamp pack
    - 1x grooming kit
    - 1x set of cognomen tags or equivalent identification
    - 1x primer or instructional handbook (never let it fall into the enemy's hands)
    - Combat sustenance rations, 2x weeks' supply
    - 1x lascutter (Cut 10cm of metal; Hvy/2m/2d10+16E/P10/Clip5/Rld 2 Full)

Spoiler: Misc
    Show
    Corruption & Insanity:
    Corruption Points: 0
    Insanity Points: 0
    Initiative: 1d10+9
    Move: 3m/6m/9m/18m (Mounted: 12m/24m/36m/72m)
    Carrying/Lifting/Pushing: 27kg/54kg/108kg
    Wounds:
    Current: 8/8
    Critical Damage: 0
    Fatigue: 0/3
    Fate: 1/1

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    Pavel Hauptmann is not a nice man. He was an accomplished surgeon, sought after for his golden knife and highly-praised skills. Unfortuntely, he was also arrogant - a man who thought the world was lucky to have him and that normal rules did not apply to him. He used his wealth and station to experiment on the unfortunates who live around his sprawling estate, He constantly tried to advance his understanding of the human body, forgetting there were rules for what doctors should do ... and what they were forbidden to do.

His activities were discovered, and he was to be charged with illegal experimentation, trafficking in human organs, attempting to obtain xeno-material, and a number of other transgressions. Fortunately for him, his father had some clout with local authorities, so Pavel avoided any convicitions or prison. Instead, all charges were dropped, his record was expunged, and he 'elected' to enlist in the Guard. While he dreaded rutting about with the common grunts, it was certainly better than being sent to a penal legion. As it turned out, his father was able to work assignment to the 96th Janissaries - an elite unit that well understood the value of a nobleman.

As soon as he was processed, he found himself in the medical corps. Well, since they had given him a knife, they obviously wanted him to continue his studies her in the IG. Now, if he could just make contact with the black marketeers ...

Spoiler: Description
    Show
    Tall, thin and severe, Hauptmann is a pale-skinned skeleton of a man. His head is shaved, shiny and clean; if he had hair, it would never be out of place. He often treats people to an unblinking gaze that can make anyone feel uncomfortable. He finds little humor in life, unless it's gallows humor. He does not speak much of his past, but there have been rumors about what the good doctor was up to in his life before the guard.
    Last edited by Starbin; 2014-02-14 at 10:03 AM.
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

7. - Top - End - #7

Yup! Reserved spot is reserved.

Background looks great, Arcturus! Gotcha, no ork horde solos. Time to start working on that armored Dominate push you'll have to martyr yourself against...

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Heh. the funny thing is? I figured there was like a 15% chance that I'd live (Not counting Fate Burning) in that other game with the plan I was cooking up even if I had to solo the Ork Wartrukk charge and such.

9. - Top - End - #9

Hey, with the amount of incoming fire we were taking? One of those rokkits might have blasted the thing for you!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Yeah, that sort of thing is what helped sway me to having Mortar as the Regimental Heavy. Least now if I get blindfired on I can blindfire back.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Character placed (with minor updates) and ready to go!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tech-Priest Enginseer Isaac Kennoch

Spoiler
    Show

Character Name: Isaac Kennoch
    Speciality: Tech-Priest Enginseer
    Demeanour: Pessimist

Comrade:
    Name: Unit Omicron Alpha 15437
    Demeanour: N/A
    Health: Uninjured

Characteristics:
    {table=head] Stat | Base | Roll | Mods | Total
    WS | 20 | 14 | +5 | 39
    BS | 20 | 9 | -3 | 26
    S | 20 | 11 | - | 31
    T | 20 | 16 | - | 36
    Ag | 20 | 9 | +3 | 32
    Int | 20 | 13 | +8 | 41
    Per | 20 | 15 | - | 35
    WP | 20 | 10 | - | 30
    Fel | 20 | 2 | - | 22[/table]

Aptitudes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Ballistic skill
    • Intelligence
    • Knowledge
    • Strength
    • Tech
    • Toughness
    • Weapon Skill
    • Willpower

Skills:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Common Lore (Administratum, Adeptus Mechanicus, Tech) (Int): 61
    • Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Mechanicus, Archeotech) (Int): 61
    • Lingusitics (High Gothic) (Int): 30
    • Inquiry (Fel): 22
    • Tech-Use (Int): 41
    • Survival (Per): 35

Traits:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Abundant Resources: +10 Logistics
    • Duty and Honour: -10 Charm, Inquiry, & Deceive Tests interacting with commoners, +10 when dealing with nobility and High Authority in formal situations.
    • Honour Bound: When challenged / slighted, must take -10 Willpower test to avoid a duel, or take -10 to all Willpower tests for the duration of the session (cumulative).
    • Mechanicus Implants
    • Unnatural Intelligence (2)

Talents:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Weapon Training (Las, Low-Tech, Power)
    • Mechandendrite Use (Weapon, Utility)
    • Catfall: Reduce the distance of all falls by Ag Bonus. +20 to Acrobatics when attempting to reduce falling damage
    • Peer (Noble): +10 Fellowship to interact with Nobles
    • Rapid Reaction: Successful Ag Test allows character to act normally when surprised or ambushed
    • Combat Formation: All members of squad add +1 to Initiative, any member of squad may use Int Bonus of this character instead of Agility Bonus
    • Street Fighting: When armed with a knife or bare hands, add half of WS Bonus to any Critical Damage.
    • Technical Knock: May un-jam as a Half Action once per round.

Experience:0/300
    Spoiler
    Show

• Weapon Training (Low Tech)

Equipment:
    Spoiler
    Show

Standard Issue:
    {table=head] Weapon | Class | Range | Fire Rate | Damage | Pen | Clip Size | Reload Speed | Special
    Las Carbine | Basic | 75m | s/2/- | 1d10+3 E | - | 60 | Half | Reliable, Lasgun Variable Setting, Carbine
    Las Pistol | Pistol | 30m | s/2/- | 1d10+2 E | - | 30 | Half | Reliable, Lasgun Variable Setting
    Hunting Lance| Melee | - | - | 2d10+3 X | 7 | 1 | - | Concussive (3)
    Dueling Sword | Melee | - | - | 1d10+SB R | 2 | - | - | Balanced
    Knife | Melee/Thrown | 5m | s | 1d5 R | - | 1 | - | -
    [/table]

Special rules:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Carbine: Can be fired one handed with -10 rather than -20
    Lasgun variable setting: Can be fired in one of three modes
    • Standard
    • Overcharge: +1 Damage, uses two shots worth of ammuntion per shot fired
    • Overload: +2 Damage, +2 Pen, uses four shots of ammunition per shot, loses Reliable, gains Unreliable

Spoiler
    Show

• Feudal World Plate [AP 5 All]
    • Flak Vest [Ap 3 Body +1 vs Blasts]
    • Flak Helmet [AP 2 +1 vs Blasts]
    • Laspistol Charge Packs x4
    • Lasgun Charge Packs x2
    • Hunting Spear Tips x2
    • Uniform
    • Poor Weather Gear
    • Rucksack
    • Basic Tools
    • Mess Kit
    • Water Canteen
    • Blanket
    • Sleep Bag
    • Rechargeable Lamp Pack
    • Grooming Kit
    • Dog Tags
    • Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer
    • Combat Sustenance Rations, Two Weeks
    • Dusk Dog
    • Saddle
    • Saddlebags x2
    • Riding Tack
    • Chrono
    • Spare Field Uniform
    • Flask Of Spiced Vhedar
    • Sacred Unguents
    • Dataslate
    • Combi-tool
    • Good Quality MIU
    • Good Quality Augur Array: As auspex, allow re-rolls on Perception Tests, Cannot be overwhelmed by Daemonic taint.
    • Good Quality Cerebral Implants: Unnatural Intelligence (2), +20 Logic and Lore Tests
    • Utility Mechandendrite

Additional Equipment:
    • None yet

Logistics Wish list:
    Spoiler
    Show
    High Priority:
    Power Lance
    Power Sword

Medium Priority:
    Light Carapace: Rare
    Storm Trooper Carapace: Very Rare

Weapon Customisations wish list:

Las Pistol:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Custom Grip (+5 BS)
    • Home Materials (+5 bonus to Fear Tests)
    • Sacred Inscription (+10 to any Pinning test)
    • Trigger Adjustment (+1 Init)

Corruption & Insanity:
    Corruption Points: 0
    Insanity Points: 0

Wounds:
    Current: 8/8
    Critical Damage: 0
    Fatigue: 0/3

Fate: 2/3

Backstory:
    Spoiler
    Show
    TODO

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ArcturusV View Post
    Spoiler: Regina Holt
    Show
    Name: Regina Holt
    Specialty: Sergeant
    Demeanor: Obsessive

{table] Wounds | Fate
    10/14 | 3/3 [/table]
    Armor: 5 (All)

{table] WS | BS | S | T | Ag | Int | Per | WP | Fel
    40 | 24 | 35 | 26 | 32 | 26 | 31 | 26 | 46 [/table]

Aptitudes:
    Defense, Fellowship, General, Leadership, Perception, Strength, Toughness, Weapon Skill.

Skills:
    Command (Fel)
    Common Lore (Administratum) (Int)
    Inquiry (Fel)
    Linguistics (High Gothic) (Int)
    Scholastic Lore (Tactica Imperialis) (Int)
    Survival (Per)

Talents:
    Air of Authority: When making Command skill tests, may affect a number of targets up to 100 times my Fellowship Bonus. Range of Orders given to squad increased by 100 meters.
    Catfall: Reduces falling distance by Agility Bonus, +20 to Acrobatics tests to reduce falling damage.
    Combat Formation: Adds +1 to Initiative for all squad members, any squad members may use their Intelligence Bonus, rather than Agility, for Initiative.
    Rapid Reaction: If I would be Surprised or Unaware, may test Agility to act normally.
    Street Fighting: With small melee attacks, inflict extra critical damage equal to half my Weapon Skill Bonus.
    Weapon Training (Chain, Las, Low-Tech): Weapons used with no penalty.

Traits:
    – Fluency: May communicate in Low Gothic as long as it doesn't require a Skill Test.
    – Duty and Honour: Suffers a -10 penalty on all Charm, Inquiry, and Deceive tests made to interact with characters who are not highborn. Gains a +10 on those tests when dealing with high authorities and nobility in formal situations.
    – The Finest Tutors: Starts with Peer (Nobility)
    – Close Quarters Battle: +10 to all Ballistics skill tests at point blank range.
    – Pride Over Life: Must pass a -10 Willpower Test to refuse any formal challenge or ignore a major slight to my honor. If I fail the test and refuse to accept the challenge or duel over my honor, I take a cumulative -10 to Willpower Tests for the remainder of the session.

Gear:
    {table="head"] Name | Class | Range | RoF | Damage | Pen | Clip | Reload | Special | Wt
    Hunting Lance (2 Reloads) | Melee | -- | -- | 2d10+6 X | 7 | -- | 2 Full | Concussive (3) | 4kg
    Laspistol (2) (7 Charge Packs, Exterminator) | Pistol | 30m | S/2/- | 1d10+2 E | 0 | 30 | Half | Reliable | 3kg
    Las Carbine (2 Charge Packs) | Basic | 75m | S/2/- | 1d10+3 E | 0 | 60 | Half | Reliable | 2.5kg
    Good Quality Mono Sword | Melee | -- | -- | 1d10+3 R | 2 | -- | -- | Balanced | 3kg
    Chainsword | Melee | -- | -- | 1d10+5 R | 2 | -- | -- | Tearing, Balanced | 6kg
    Knife | Melee/Thrown | 5m | S/-/- | 1d5+3 R | 0 | -- | -- | -- | 1kg [/table]

Feudal Plate Armor: Provides 5 AP, All Locations.
    Flak Jacket: Provides 2 AP, Head only.
    Flak Helmet: Provides 3 AP, Body only, currently Dusk Dog Barding.
    Riding Beast (Morisan Dusk Dog):
    Spoiler
    Show
    20 | 01 | 40 | 40 | 60 | 45 | 10 | 20 | 10 [/table]
    AP: 3 (All Locations), 6 Body

General Idea/History: Canine like beasts which wander the plains of the Homeland, they're pack hunters and opportunists by nature, designed to quickly cripple enemies, take their weakened counter attack, and rip them apart. Burrows to create dens and safe places from the harsh winters. Nobles of (World X) have bred them for war, apex predator of the home planet (using high speed, awareness, and hard charges to take down even larger beasts than it), something of a national icon.

Special Orders:
    Covering Fire: All players characters with comrades in cohesion, in communication range, get +10 to Dodge Tests for the next round.
    Get Them!: As part of this order, Regina makes a +0 Command Test, if she succeeds for the next round when performing the Ranged Volley or Close Quarters Orders, Comrades grant +4 to affected Melee or Ranged damage.

Experience: 50/700 (Refund for Duplicated Air of Authority)
    Vox-Tech (250 XP)
    Covering Fire (200 XP)
    Get Them! (200 XP)

Comrade: Dominique Xanatov
    Demeanor: Leech
    Stats: Wounded
    Comrade Advances: Vox-Tech (Passive): As long as Dominique is in Cohesion, all of Regina's order affect all comrades within Vox Range.

Background: To be added soon...
    Just getting Regina Holt and the wonderful Dominique Xanatov up on a post.
    Last edited by ArcturusV; 2014-02-17 at 07:31 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: Updated Vax.
    Show
    Name: Vax
    Class: storm trooper
    Demeanor: Smooth

Wounds: 13/13
    Fate points:1/1
    Corruption: 0
    Insanity: 0

WS: 41
    BS: 37
    S: 30
    Ag: 33
    T: 34
    Int: 32
    Per: 27
    WP: 31
    Fel: 28

Starting Aptitudes: Agility, Ballistic Skill, Fieldcraft, Finesse, Offence, Toughness.

Skills:
    Awareness
    Common Lore (Administratum)
    Dodge +10
    Inquiry
    Linguistics (High Gothic)
    Security
    Scholastic Lore (Tactica Imperialis)
    Stealth
    Survival

Talents:
    – Ambush: Inflicts 1 additional damage for every 2 degrees of success beyond the first against an unaware target.
    - Catfall: Reduces the amount of damage from falling by Agility bonus, +20 to the Acrobatics Jump test to reduce falling damage.
    - Combat formation: All members of the Squad (including the character) add +1 to their Initiative rolls. Any member of the Squad may also choose to use the Intelligence Bonus of this character for their Initiative roll rather than their own Agility Bonus
    - Rapid Reaction: When surprised/ambushed, make Ag test to act normally.
    - Rapid reload: The character halves all reload times, rounding down
    – Street Fighting: When armed with a knife, similar small weapon, or bare hands, adds half my Weapon Skill bonus to any Critical Damage I inflict.
    - Talkdown: As a Half Action, or when making a Charge Action, the character may declare that he is attempting a takedown against an opponent in melee combat. He then rolls to hit (using his Weapon Skill) as normal, using any modifiers for weapons and Talents (or the +20 bonus from Charging). If the character hits and would have done at least 1 point of Damage (after reduction for Armour and Toughness), no Wounds are caused, but the character’s opponent must make a Challenging (+0) Toughness Test or be stunned for 1 Round and knocked prone. In addition, when performing a Stun Action, the character does not suffer a –20 penalty to his Weapon Skill
    - Weapon training (Las, Low-Tech)

Traits:
    – The Finest Tutors: Starts with Peer (Nobility)
    – Close Quarters Battle: +10 to all Ballistics skill tests at point blank range.

Gear:

General: Chrono, One flask of spiced Vhedar, Two uniforms, Poor weather gear, 1x riding beast (dusk dog), 1x saddle, 2x saddlebags, 1x riding tack, Rucksack, 1x set of basic tools, 1x mess kit and one water canteen, 1x blanket and 1x sleep bag,1x rechargeable lamp pack, 1x grooming kit, 1x set of cognomen tags, 1x primer or instructional handbook, Combat sustenance rations, 2x weeks' supply.

Weapons:

Good Craftsmanship hot-shot (3 charge packs), Basic, 60m, S/3/–, 1d10+4 E, 7, 30, 1 Full, reliable, 6kg

Laspistol (4 charge packs, Exterminator) Pistol 30m S/2/- 1d10+2 E 0 30 Half Reliable 1.5kg

Las Carbine (2 Charge packs) Basic 75m S/2/- 1d10+3 E 0 60 Half Reliable 2.5kg

Good Quality Mono Sword Melee - - 1d10+3 R 2 - - Balanced 3kg
    Knife Melee/Thrown 5m - 1d5+3 R 0 - - - 1kg

Hunting Lance (2) Melee - - 2d10+6 X 7 - - Concussive (3) 4kg

Armour:
    storm trooper carapace armour, locations covered (All), 6 AP, 15kg

Experience: 300/300
    Ballistic skill +5 (100 xp)
    Dodge +10 (200 xp)

Appearance:
    Vax is a tall, well built man. His face is rugged (but not unattractive) is a crisscross of white scares. His eyes are a pricing emerald green. His golden blond hair is in a well keeped, shoulder length ponytail.

Vax's storm trooper carapace armour is keeped in spotless condition. It's surface polished too a near mirror shine. The edges of the armour have been plated with stain resistant gold. The helmet of the armour is custom built. It resembles the standered storm trooper helmet, exept it has a full face visor made of a one way material (Vax's can see out as if it isn't here, but all those looking in see is a black plane). Built in to the right wrist is a perfectly accurate clock work watch,, who's parts areckade from gold and silver.

Vax's general gear is keeped in a black rucksack on his back. His lascarbine is keeped in a black leather holster down his right leg. His hot shot is is hung around vex's neck by a black leather strap. The hot shot it's self is polished and we'll looked after. His knife and laspistol are on a black leather belt around his waist. His mono-sword is strapped to his back in a metal sheath. The mono-sword it's self is keeped in immaculat condition. The blade is polished to a mirrored shin. The hunting lance (carried by his squire outside of combat) is made from the finest dark wood of his home world, trailing halfway down the shaft are yellow, red and white silk ribbons to display Vax's station as a knight and storm trooper.

Vax's dusk dog is a lage beasts called Zan ax. His fur is white with a shock of black running down it's back. As is fitting for a nobles pet, Zan ax is groomed on a daily basis ( two times a day if Vax has time).

Background:
    Vax erron hival the X is the first son of Maximus el mon hival, the former commander of 96th Orhanian Imperial Dragoons . Vaxc was 10 when his father died in a campaign against a cult of heratics and deamonds, and as is custom, Vax and his sister zeldar were taken in by the Schola Progenium for training to become the backbone of the empire.

10 years later Vax came back to Orhanian as a storm trooper attached to his home world's regiment. His return was also tempered by sorrow, for his sister had be killed in the field by an ork ambush. Her body lay next too her fathers in there sacred burial ground.

Vax is now 35 and he has served 4 tourers of duty were he has fought orks, Eldar and heretics. He has seen squad mates come and go andceach has sapped his faith in the emperor.

personality:
    Vax is a noble man too his core, one has to simply look at the way he carrys him self, the way his armour and weapons glow.

He speaks the way all noblity should, with an authority that the nobles listen too and the commoner detest.

Under this lays a soul that is broken and scared by the death of his friends, this means he is slow to warm up to people, but ones he has, he will go into the jaws of hell and back to protect them.

(I've probably screwed something up in the revision, so will someone look at it please).
    Last edited by smoke prism; 2014-01-20 at 03:40 PM.

"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    — Friedrich Nietzsche

View my newest homebrew (feedback is greatly appreciate):
    The Vile speaker-http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-PEACH-welcome

15. - Top - End - #15

Revision looks good, smoke.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Doc and Smoke: I'd hate to be the one to point out something obvious but...

Top of Page 97:

"Like the Commissar, the Storm Trooper’s Schola Progenium training makes him somewhat of a loner while operating in a Squad of normal Guardsmen. Because of this, the Storm Trooper does not get a Comrade, but instead may gain these Advances to allow him to assist the rest of the Squad with his elite training."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Just for the record, I don't know what to ask for ... I had built the doc to be a commerce mule. So he's not asking for anything ... he's asking if you want him to get anything.

18. - Top - End - #18

Quote Originally Posted by ArcturusV View Post
    Doc and Smoke: I'd hate to be the one to point out something obvious but...

Top of Page 97:

"Like the Commissar, the Storm Trooper’s Schola Progenium training makes him somewhat of a loner while operating in a Squad of normal Guardsmen. Because of this, the Storm Trooper does not get a Comrade, but instead may gain these Advances to allow him to assist the rest of the Squad with his elite training."
    D'oh!

You're right and I need more sleep. Or something. Sorry, smoke, no Comrade for you...

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Heh. Well, stupid mistakes to happen, Starbin. Ah well. Not like there aren't misunderstandings in real life either. And that I'm not usually at the center of them.

Probably will have Hedge Knight Dominique the get everyone's list and throw some of it at the Doc then to procure "by other means".

Edit: Though by the Lockdown nature we're currently in, we might not exactly have a chance to scavenge, scrounge, trade, etc.
    Last edited by ArcturusV; 2014-01-19 at 07:12 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Kraken View Post
    D'oh!

You're right and I need more sleep. Or something. Sorry, smoke, no Comrade for you...
    I'll edit it when I get to my computer.

"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    — Friedrich Nietzsche

View my newest homebrew (feedback is greatly appreciate):
    The Vile speaker-http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-PEACH-welcome

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Catching up now, didn't have access to the computer while I was visiting family this weekend! Sorry I forgot to let you lot know!

22. - Top - End - #22

's all good, I figured you'd be in soon!

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Bonus Objective: Save random Tech-Priest, get!

Least I figure between 4 people that we can more than lift up the item in question. Particularly if one of the 4 ends up being a servitor meant for grunt labor of that sort.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

I'm now wishing I'd taken the Servo arm comrade advance*... If he dies, I call dibs on his implants. I have a saber to gather parts!

Edit:
    *Come with natural weapon Servo arm, which I assume is of lower quality than the one Tech priests can add and therefore is included in their profile already.
    Relevant Servitor stats:
    Strength 50, Toughness 40: 67kg carrying weight, 134kg Lifting, 268kg pushing.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

sounds like a pack mule to me.

26. - Top - End - #26

Looking at the Servo-Arm upgrade, it's more geared toward assisting in repairs than anything else (indeed, that's all it is!). Call it more specialized programming with a servo-slaved machine spirit or something.

But yeah, the servitor's definitely got one if you want to employ it.

If he dies, I call dibs on his implants. I have a saber to gather parts!
    Eeeeeew, messy!
    Last edited by Doc Kraken; 2014-01-20 at 09:51 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Cybersurgery, fun for all ages! BRZZZZT! Oops, you touched the sides.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Or I'll just drag his body to a safe location to save the sacred bionic later should he fall. One must first undergo the Rite of Disconnection upon the cyber mantle's power source, followed by the Right of Equalization which includes running a wire between oneself and a bit of metal of the deceased Tech-Priest's skull implants. Should he rank high enough, his intellect can be salvaged for placement into the chassis of a *ahem* volunteer low ranking tech-priest...

And I realized the Servo-arm upgrade was about performing repairs than anything else when I actually bothered to check the book...

And kind of have to here... I doubt that cogitator is going all that far otherwise...

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Servitors, fun for all ages.

Well, looks like with those stats if the Servitor can't get it up (With assistance) then nothing would.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

If you'd simply allow me the privilege of replacing your weak, prone to failure biological components with vastly superior in every way cybernetic components, I'm sure at most only two Hedge Knights would be required to aid the Servitor.

Edit: Since it is likely to come up in the near future, are we treating the lack of Weapon Training (Flame) most of us have RAW, or RAI (using past systems as a guide)? Isaac might be using an Exterminator cartridge soonish...