New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: IC VII Lost in the Flood

Natalia curses. "****! We're not going to get any more information for a while...Rhenner, how soon can you try again with him?"
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2014-01-15 at 10:42 AM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

"With these two, it would take a week", Rhenner says rising up, not looking at Natalia. "...I guess we could try with the other corpses tomorrow, or if the dwarven clerics have prepared the spell today." It shames him, but he is secretly relieved that the spell failed.

"If you excuse me", he walks away from the cells to the tunnel, just far enough to get out of sight.
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

3. - Top - End - #123

"Seriously? A week? Rhenner, Shiny, what do you think we should do?" No way was she staying in Deldon a week. Though maybe they could ask the other dwarves if they could question the other corpses? She yawns, exhaustion suddenly catching up with her--how's Kurt doing? Has he fallen asleep?

Natalia sees movement out of the corner of her eye and turns to see Rhenner walking off. She frowns--is he okay? He doesn't really seem it, and she doesn't feel its right to pry just yet.

4. - Top - End - #124

"What is the layout of where you came from? Is it a fortress or a town?"

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

"The Underdark is not one city, it is a world- our world, far grander than the pitiful settlements you have staked out on the surface. I come from Tol'Garun, a drow city twenty miles north of here, far deeper below the surface."
    Thanks to CoffeeIncluded for the avatar of Shiny, from the Eldgar campaign:

IC V Against the Current IC VI Stormy Seas.

Current Map

6. - Top - End - #126

"Are there any nearby exits onto the surface and if so where are they?"

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Sonorus shrugs. "I have heard that there are routes to the surface near Tol'Garun, but I have never taken them. The surface has little to offer us."

Current Map

8. - Top - End - #128

Mithril turned to the dwarven magistrate. "After I am done here, what will happen to him?"

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

"That's for the mayor to decide," whispers the magistrate, looking up at the drow as if he'd rather the prisoner not hear. "I could see him going, er, either way."

Current Map

10. - Top - End - #130

"And what does that mean?" Mithril did not whisper, the prisoner had a right to hear his fate.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

"<Dwarven>You don't discuss this during an interrogation!</Dwarven>" Lucius hisses, his hand to his forehead, but the dwarf seems intimidated into answering.

"Erm, that he could be executed, or could be kept as a prisoner of war. What, why?"

Current Map

12. - Top - End - #132

Mithril glared at Lucius wondering if he remembered she had the ability to understand him. "<Dwarven>I discuss what I please. What happens to him if he is kept? Does Lucius get a shot at him, does the Mayor?</Dwarven>

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

"<Dwarven>A shot at him? What are you talking about?</Dwarven>" The magistrate seems somewhat distressed by Mithril turning the interrogation on him.

Current Map

14. - Top - End - #134

"<Dwarven>I want to make sure Lucius does not use his unique talents on the drow.</Dwarven>" Mithril turned back to the drow, focusing on his mind. "Do you have family back in Tol'Garun?"

15. - Top - End - #135

Natalia looks down at the dead drow, then at the tunnel where Rhenner walked down, and then Shiny. "Shiny, could you please ask if I could ask the wizard a few questions as well?"

Spoiler
    Show
    If you want me to edit this into my previous post, please just say so.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

Lucius gives Mithril an odd look at her comment. After Mithril's question, the drow hisses "Arghhyou don't want to be asking that- yes." His thoughts grow violent and defensive.

A message passes into Mithril's mind- "Once you're done with your questions, Natalia is interested in speaking to him as well."

Current Map

17. - Top - End - #137

"I am sorry. You may not believe me, but I understand you not wanting to endanger them. I will be leaving soon, but before I go there is one more question I have. If you had the choice of being executed or kept as a prisoner of war, which would you chose?"

I am almost done. Before she comes in I have some more information. Mithril shared what she had learned of the Underdark, of the drow and gunpowder and even of the fact that the drow had family back home.

18. - Top - End - #138

Griffon

Rhenner wanders back to the scene when the girls are switching places. Any trace of nervousness is gone and his face is of normal colour again. He listens quietly to Mithril when she summarises what she had learned.

"Hmm, so what now?"

Sometimes seems to come to his mind. "Just curious, but you never told who punched you."

Spoiler
    Show
    Just being a little practical here with the timing.

19. - Top - End - #139

Natalia blinks in confusion. Lords of the Underdark? A prisoner? If there is a prisoner down there, it's looking more and more likely that they're going to be heading to the city, both to escape and possibly to do a prison break as well. But Natalia knows nothing about drow and the underdark besides rumors. But those rumors do scare her, and she plays her hands over each other while waiting for Mithril to finish.

Plus, she doesn't want to start a fight in a city, where civilians would get involved.

"If we're traveling into the Underdark, which it looks like we might, we need as much information as possible."

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    "I am sorry. You may not believe me, but I understand you not wanting to endanger them. I will be leaving soon, but before I go there is one more question I have. If you had the choice of being executed or kept as a prisoner of war, which would you chose?"
    The drow hisses. "Well, I surrendered- doesn't that tell you?" Mithril hears that his thoughts are filled with mental mockery.

I am almost done. Before she comes in I have some more information. Mithril shared what she had learned of the Underdark, of the drow and gunpowder and even of the fact that the drow had family back home.
    Shiny relates the information as he receives it over the mental link.
    Last edited by Admiral; 2014-01-16 at 11:32 AM.

Current Map

21. - Top - End - #141

"Thank you," Natalia says. "I hope he answers my questions too." She looks down at the body of the trapsmith. At least hell be able to understand her. She waits for Mithril to finish and leave.

Spoiler
    Show
    id walk in now but athedia told me she wants to post Mithril leaving and the switch-off between the girls first. You'll be in in an hour, right? I just don't want to hold anyone up too long.

22. - Top - End - #142

"Thank you. By the way I like the gift." Mithril let her sleeve fall back to show the dagger on her wrist. With a smile she left the room and the drow behind. "Natalia, I hope you have a speech spell cast. He will not hesitate to insult."

As Rhenner asked the question, she paused flustered. "Did I say someone punched me? I fell. Nothing more."

23. - Top - End - #143

Natalia smiles. "I do, and thank you. I won't need to worry about him not being able to understand me." She looks pained at Mithrils explanation, but says, "I've been having nightmares too. I hope we'll be able to sleep better soon." Natalia gives Mithril a hug and then enters the room where the drow is held.

She nods to Kurt, Brander, Lucius, and the guards, then says, "So, Sonorous, I also have some questions, but let's finish this quickly. Who or what exactly are the Lords of the Underdark?" She doesn't just want to finish quickly to be done with it--she doesn't know how much longer this spell will last, and she wants to revel in her ability to speak as long as she can.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

"They are a government of the drow, one of several that rule the lands below Eldgar," the mage hisses. "Tol'Garun is their capital city. There are larger nations of the drow, though none as fearsome."

Current Map

25. - Top - End - #145

Natalia pauses. It's a good thing she has Tongues active, otherwise she might be incapable of saying Tol'Garun and might end up calling it Drowtown or something instead. "What do you mean by "none as fearsome?" What are the government and the city like? Do you know anything about the other drow governments in Eldgar? And Sonorous, if we travel to Tol'Garun, or go close in order to return to the surface, will we be attacked? Or will we be able to travel through the city without much trouble?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I still have a few more questions.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2014-01-16 at 01:27 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    As Rhenner asked the question, she paused flustered. "Did I say someone punched me? I fell. Nothing more."
    Rhenner raises an eyebrow. (Okay, both of them. I don't think he's capable of raising only one.) "Really... That is a very curious injury from a fall. I could swear that came from a fist.. not a very strong fist though, which is curious since most here are warriors who could have easily broken your nose. Or I suppose it could have just been a poor hit too. Still, there are few here who would have reached that high... If you angered a dwarf they would have more likely punched you in the gut." It is somewhat unclear is he still speaking to Mithril, or rambling by himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm sorry if I'm making a too big of an assumption that a medic for 20 years would recognise a punched nose. ^^'
    Last edited by CWater; 2014-01-16 at 01:32 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    "What do you mean by "none as fearsome?"

"One day all the under-realms will be ruled by the Lords of the Underdark in the nation of Zyvonar, as is their right."

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't take his patriotism too literally.

"What is the government and the city like? Do you know anything about the other governments in Eldgar?"
    Spitting as he does, the drow forces out a short description of a few of the other nations.

Spoiler
    Show
    ...that I don't quite feel like writing right now, but will bring up as it becomes relevant. Basically he lists two others, two larger than Zyvonar and one smaller. The Lords of the Underdark are just what the Zyvonar nation calls their government.

One of the drow nations, Ackosar, is located in the northernmost stretches of Eldgar under the Denbold Mountains (not to be confused with Deldon), and is the friendliest (in a relative sense) to the surface realm. The Firm has a very shaky alliance with Ackosar where they assist the drow in mining the rich natural resources under the mountains. (This alliance came up in my tabletop campaign, which is the reason I have it ready).

[B]"And Sonorous, if we travel to Tol'Garun, or go close in order to return to the surface, will we be attacked? Or will we be able to travel through the city without much trouble?"
    "Ha!" He spits. "It has been centuries since those of the surface walked through the grandest city of the deep! You would be a fool to step foot in their halls, and a dead fool soon after!"

Current Map

28. - Top - End - #148

"My elbow must have caught on something. Yes, my elbow caught while I was falling."

29. - Top - End - #149

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
    "One day all the under-realms will be ruled by the Lords of the Underdark in the nation of Zyvonar, as is their right."

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't take his patriotism too literally.

Spitting as he does, the drow forces out a short description of a few of the other nations.

Spoiler
    Show
    ...that I don't quite feel like writing right now, but will bring up as it becomes relevant. Basically he lists two others, two larger than Zyvonar and one smaller. The Lords of the Underdark are just what the Zyvonar nation calls their government.

One of the drow nations, Ackosar, is located in the northernmost stretches of Eldgar under the Denbold Mountains (not to be confused with Deldon), and is the friendliest (in a relative sense) to the surface realm. The Firm has a very shaky alliance with Ackosar where they assist the drow in mining the rich natural resources under the mountains. (This alliance came up in my tabletop campaign, which is the reason I have it ready).
    Natalia grits her teeth and wipes the spit off her face. She ignores him and continues. "And are you the only one who mines and manufactures gunpowder? If not, who else can? Speaking of which, do you know why your nation sold gunpowder to the Horde, and did you know what they would do with it? When you say that you deal with the orcs when it is useful, are you saying that you are manipulating them, and if so, to what ends?"

She pauses and scratches the side of her ear. "When you say "all the underrealms will be ruled by the Lords," are you including the dwarven cities and those part of the Eldgar government? And do you know if there will be another attack against Deldon in the future?"

"Ha!" He spits. "It has been centuries since those of the surface walked through the grandest city of the deep! You would be a fool to step foot in their halls, and a dead fool soon after!"
    "Even when you know what we can do? Nobody will be willing to grant us safe passage and avoid a fight?" She pauses. "Do you know where prisoners are held?"
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2014-01-16 at 01:42 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Natalia grits her teeth and wipes the spit off her face. She ignores him and continues. "And are you the only one who mines and manufactures gunpowder? If not, who else can? Speaking of which, do you know why your nation sold gunpowder to the Horde, and did you know what they would do with it? When you say that you deal with the orcs when it is useful, are you saying that you are manipulating them, and if so, to what ends?"
    The drow snarls. "Other nations may manufacture their own gunpowder, it is of little interest to me. I have heard of the nation of Zyvonar selling gunpowder to the orcs, but it is not my concern why, or what they won in return. Such operations take place on the far western side of the kingdom, in the mountains on the shore."

She pauses and scratches the side of her ear. "When you say "all the underrealms will be ruled by the Lords," are you including the dwarven cities and those part of the Eldgar government? And do you know if there will be another attack against Deldon in the future?"
    "The tunnels beneath the Farchild Mountains are within our rights as well, but we have no immediate need of them. When we choose to take our claim is at the discretion of the Lords of the Underdark."

"Even when you know what we can do? Nobody will be willing to grant us safe passage and avoid a fight?" She pauses. "Do you know where prisoners are held?"
    The drow spits again, though he seems to be running out of moisture. "What you can do? You were underhanded in capturing me, and beyond that lucky. The Lords of the Underdark have power beyond what you can imagine."

"The prison of Tol'Garun is on the eastern end of the middledark, four miles below the surface."

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, if you're going to be prison-breaking I doubt you'll get much safe passage.

Current Map