New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sewers

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default The Sewers

Beneath the Town through several manholes lie the sewers. The rolling miasma of stench and slime hold inhabitants ranging from the mundane to the magical. Rivers of toxic luminescent acerbic virescent slime. Caustic fumes seep from the manholes throughout the Town and cause the villagers to turn and cough in annoyance. Normal humans would fine the caustic atmosphere restrictive and deadly, while goblins and other monstrous humanoids, outsiders, and aberrations would not mind as much.

There are numerous small hovels built into indents or gaps in the sewer wall. Rats are abundant, as are oozes, otyughs, and hives of Stirges. Be wary.

(Feel free to NPC any monster you think would live here.)

[hr]

In an isolated section of the sewers, far removed from the Town above, an illithid waits sullenly by the river of toxic slime, his hand partially emerged into it. A man also lies on the floor next to him with his hands gagged.

"Let me go! Please! I won't tell anyone!"
    Of course you won't tell anyone about me, you will be me when I'm through with you.
    "No! Don't destroy my soul, I beg of you!
    Your soul will be exactly the same as it was before, you're mentality and mental acuity, however, are a different matter altogether. Now quiet, I'm catching you dinner.

There is a slight ripple in the water and the illithid snatches out the creature from the depths. The wormlike creature squirms, and the illithid dashes its brains against the pavement until it stops. The man starts to gag and the illithid tosses it next to his bound form.

You're lucky it wasn't a jibbering mouther. Eat the grick.

He remains crouched by the riverside.
    Last edited by Flabbicus; 2007-01-21 at 02:34 PM.
    Groom to the Haberdasher's Daughter.

Freddy Krueger by Ink, Flabbicus by Lord Herman, Rilik by Ceika.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Sewers

Devlin runs through, shooting magic missiles behind him. Vespe follows in hot pursuit, shooting fireballs at Devlin.

Avatar and sig-banner by Mr_Saturn.

3. - Top - End - #3

The illithid curses as he hears the sounds of water sloshing from the fight. He grabs the man's limp form and throws him inside the hovel before he could finish his vulgar meal.

He walks up the wall and walks over to the sound of the fighting atop the ceiling. Looking down at the two he addresses them.

Keep it down up- down there. Some of us are trying to look perverse and sneaky!

He tosses a psionic grenade thingy at their general vicinity and trudges away.

[hr]

At his base he sits down and starts to emit a low psionic frequency, attempting to attract willing, barely sentient beasts.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

A faint purple glow appears in the sewers. It flashes twice, and then a pale, white Ulitharid is standing in the middle of the sewers, the greenish, disgusting water sloshing around his feet.

....Ew

He begins walking along the sewers, looking for signs of living creatures. He catches a large fish floating along, grabs it, and sucks out it's weak brain.

Grah, there is no decent food in this place is there?

He continues walking.
    Awesome Saurcrow avvie by happyturtle.
    Spoiler
    Show

I gots an award. Sort of.

5. - Top - End - #5

The veins on the illithid's head become visible and his temples pulse slightly. He stops using his psionic signaling power and extends a portion of his mind towards the ulitharid.

Greetings. Haven't seen one of my prodigious brethren in quite some time. What brings you to this slime filled pit?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ctrazt looks over to the other Illithid.

You know, the usuall. Revenge, boredom. Teleportation accident.

He looks around the area.

Would you happen to know of a way to find decent food around here?

Ctrazt then opens his pockets, pulling out several small fish and the water that got sucked into them as he was trudging through the sewers.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7

There are mostly just aberrations and mutated fish around here. I've been lucky enough not to stumble upon any giberring mouthers or other oozes. I think I smelled an Otyugh further off. I'll bet there are goblins or other thralls around as well, but I haven't tried looking hard enough.

He tosses the remnants of the half eaten grick back into the water.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thank you, my good Illithid. I'm going to see what Thralls I can find here. Good..um...dark.

Ctrazt trudges off, avoiding the water.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9

Flabbicus emits a psionic feeling similar to satisfaction and he reenters his little hut. He gags the unfortunate human.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ctrazt continues walking, putting up a psionic barrier that keeps creatures with low intelligences out.

He puts out a psionic feeling somewhat similar to annoyance.

He continues along, until he finds a few goblins. He sends out a mind blast, and then leaps at the first one, sucking his brain out, violently. After removing the brains of the last one, he teleports away.
    Last edited by Saurous; 2007-01-21 at 03:58 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Sasic enters the sewer. She looks around, then grins. "Much better. I was worried that there wasn't anything underground at all." She notices the mind flayers. "Almost like being in the Underdark. Shame about the smell, though . . ."
    And she changes form, drow to black dragon.
    "I could live here for quite some time, I bet."
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race
    -Complicated Wendigo Race
    False Hydra (Goblin Punch)

12. - Top - End - #12

The illithid moves out of its dwelling, dragging the man along with him. He lets go of the man's collar and presses his katar against his throat.

If I unbound you, will you SHUT UP FOR ONE FREAKING MINUTE?!

You think way too loud, and to be honest it is depressing me.

The man nods enthusiastically and the illithid hacks away at the cords. After he is done with this he removes the gag. They sit their quietly for some time.

"I... I forgive you for what you have done and will do to me. May Pelor have mercy on your soul."
    Hey, what did I just say! Even if you are me you won't be me. Now shut up or I'll find out what its like to eat a part of your own conscience. Gods know it won't be pleasant. And technically I have no soul.

This comment shuts the man up and he huddles up in the corner, contemplating his new mindset and memories. The illithid lies by his perch, emitting a weak telepathic signal drawing monsters of relative intelligence towards him.

[hr]

The illithid crawls over to a ladder and climbs up to the surface, removing a manhole along the way. Light filters down to the sewers for several hours and is then stifled once again as it returns from its senseless wanderings.
    Last edited by Flabbicus; 2007-01-23 at 04:01 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

The illithid climbs out of the manhole again, this time with all of his weapons present on his body.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Banned

A manhole cover scrapes against the ground as it is painstakingly lifted barely centimeters upwards and over. The sound echoes throughout the general vicinity, and a sharp light penetrates the dank, disgusting darkness. After a few seconds of heave-hoing, the cover is heard clanging against the ground as whatever force upended it drops it once more. The light is blotted out for a moment, but quickly returns. The source of this blackness is visible as it falls the long way from the surface into the disgusting waters below, forcing itself through the murkiness with a dull splash. For a moment, it floats back up to the top of the water - a body, now too covered with filth to be identified as any one race or gender, suffice to say humanoid. The back of its head is missing, and as the new orifice slowly fills with disgusting liquids, it sinks back into the briny deep.

A low laugh is heard up above, followed by the sound of slipping, screaming, falling. Another body blocks the light above for a few terse seconds, tumbling awkwardly below and into the water with an undignified groan.

"Damn it all to hell!!" Descartes growls, flopping around the waist-deep sludge stupidly as he forces the dead body away from his new host body. He stands up, not minding the slush and various sickening substances coating his host's skin and clothes, slowly seeping into the holes the gods drilled into its once naked body. "How hard is it to dispose of one damn thrall?!" He spits.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Scylla enters the sewer as well.
    "Stupid planet," she mutters. "But they said that there's a Portal down here somewhere, so . . ."
    She looks over at the dragon. "Hey there, Sasic. Find anything interesting yet?"
    Sasic rolls her eyes. "Why do I hang around you again?"
    "Umm . . . because we're both weirdos?"
    They laugh.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

16. - Top - End - #16

The illithid drops down into the sewers, landing expertly as a minimal amount of sewage splashes on his cloak. He carries the jug in his armpit and trudges back to his house, hoping that his captive has fully become the stereotypical example of Stockholm Syndrome.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Banned

Descartes, finally wrestling his pseudo-disposed of body off of him, begins searching for a way out.

18. - Top - End - #18

The illithid climbs out of his domicile yet again, this time the plasma effigy is moving about freely and it follows him up the ladder, twisting around the steps and poles. The illithid pushes the manhole cover onto the streets and scurries through, the effigy follows after it. The mindflayer returns the manhole cover to its former location and the world bellow is seeped in darkness.

Two tiny pale white eyes were staring at the illithid from their perch between an archway as the illithid climbed up the ladder. It averted its eyes as the light shined down and let out a hellish shriek of pain. After the darkness is restored it remains in its perch, waiting.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Banned

Descartes' player, seeing a perfectly good RP attempt pass by, magicks Descartes out the sewer and back into the living world.

20. - Top - End - #20

(Wait, did you want me to say if he found an exit or not? Because I would have had it been mentioned...)

21. - Top - End - #21
    Banned

((I wanted Descartes and flabbicus to meet, which is why I kept the poor braintopus down here for nigh a week))

22. - Top - End - #22

(Ah yes. *Smacks Self* Remind me to have him not disappear at random intervals when I have a nagging feeling that somebody wants to talk to him.)

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

{LOL. No kidding, mate.}
    Last edited by GuesssWho; 2007-01-28 at 06:37 PM.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eric drops into the sewers from the slums. He takes off down a tunnel.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

A single shadow elemental floats down and follows him. Little to Eric's knowledge though, elementals and zombies are entering the sewer via manholes everywhere for the next two miles. ((assuming a manhole every 1/10 of a mile...thats roughly 20 elementals and zombies respectively))
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eric turns down tunnels following the following water, he draws his dagger and holds it in his left hand.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

All of the elementals and zombies begin to converge on Eric, being directed by the woman who stayed above. ((and coincedently is watching Eric through the shadow with something similar to scry))
    The elemental behind Eric speeds up in its effort to catch up.
    Absentee Spirit

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eric spots a zombie in front of him and goes to tumble past it.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Somehow the zombie orc predicted the movement and sidesteps to intercept. Its elemental partner dives from the ceiling, aiming to drain Eric. Groups of the creature begin to filter in from the various tunnels around him.
    Can you truly defeat my necrocarnum zombies? They're not like a typical zombie, oh no. They have intelligence. They can adapt.
    Absentee Spirit

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eric steps back to dodge the attacks. Listen lady why are you after me? I didn't do nothing to you.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?