New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default PF Need a Genius Template

I need a Genius Template with a CR of one
    For an example I am going to provide a CR 1 template to show you what is going on with it.
    http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mon...-creature-cr-1 < Rebuild rules

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mon...s/ogrekin-cr-1

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mon...half-celestial

So I need a Template that is dedicated to just a person who is an outright genius.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: PF Need a Genius Template

I really don't think that a template is an appropriate direction to go here. If it's a monster, add a class level following the rules from the Bestiary and make one of the +4s intelligence and the other one wisdom. If not, just rebuild the creature with genius-level statistics.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

+4 int, -2 cha. That should do it for you.
    If Kymme could grant spells to clerics, his domains would be art and awesome. He also made my avatar.

Also, I apparently made some things.
    Feats
    The Savonian Shadowlord

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Go to the largest library in the campaign world and tell him you're researching whether there's some powerful artifact lost to the bowels of time that could accomplish such a feat. If he doesn't take the bait, it means his DM bone is broken and he needs to be put down.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Is the reason for his/her genius is a biological or magical modification? If not, I wouldn't go with a template at all; just a character with one or more super-high mental ability scores, and skill ranks (and feats like Skill Focus) to back them up.

Which score(s) to pump into the stratosphere, and whether to dump the other(s), depends on the style of genius you want. Soul-searing musician? Charisma. Philosopher who changes the course of thought for generations? Wisdom. Paradigm-shattering physicist? Paul Dirac and Richard Feynman would both have crazy-high intelligence, but Dirac would dump Charisma while Feynman would take it as a strong second. (You might argue low Wisdom for both of them...or you might not. Real people are complicated.)

But I wouldn't think of any of these people as needing a special template.
    Last edited by mucat; 2014-01-13 at 04:59 PM.