New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS Strip Summaries

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynfrid View Post
    ChristianSt: My proposition might be too skewed against change, but yours is, in my opinion, going a little too far in the other direction. Before I debate you further, however, I will let others chime in.
    Yeah - no need to argue further. We have different views how this should be approached. And without further peoples chiming in, we wouldn't get this resolved anyway. [Another worry I have that there aren't that many folks interesting in voting, and with such high numbers no change is possible]

Here is the Round organization from the Books. I purged the original titles, just to err on the side of caution. Also, while they are quite funny, they are similar to the strip titles content-wise (so if we want this to be informative new titles might be better suited anyway).

Spoiler: Books/Rounds organization
    Show

(1-121) Dungeon Crawlin' Fools
    (Bonus) Round 1
    (1-32/34-43) Round 2
    *33 comes technically after the end of the book - I would personally add it to Round 2
    (44-72) Round 3
    (73-85) Round 4
    (86-120) Round 5
    *121 comes technically after the end of the book - I would personally add it to Round 5

(122-301) No Cure for the Paladin Blues
    (122-149) Round 1
    (150-174) Round 2
    (175-189) Round 3
    (190-197) Round 4
    (198-223) Round 5
    (224-251) Round 6
    (252-258) Round 7
    *259 comes technically after the end of the book - I would personally add it to Round 7
    (260-288) Round 8
    (289-298) Round 9
    (299-301) Epilogue

(302-484) War and XPs
    (302-320) Round 1
    (321-338) Round 2
    (339-367) Round 3
    (368-376) Round 4
    (377-400) Round 5
    (401-411) Round 6
    (412-466) Round 7
    (467-484) Round 8

(485-672) Don't Split the Party
    (485-500) Round 1
    (501-540) Round 2
    (541-550) Round 3
    (551-581) Round 4
    (582-599) Round 5
    (600-622) Round 6
    (623-642) Round 7
    (643-662) Round 8
    (663-672) Round 9

(673+) Book 5
    (673-698) Round 1?
    (699-709) Round 2?
    (710-774) Round 3?
    (775-822) Round 4?
    (823-833) Round 5?
    (834-899) Round 6?
    (900-936) Round 7?
    (937+) Round 8?

Book 5 are purely guesses by me - I have no clue (and some of them are rather large chunks), but I have no idea where to separate them. Also I think we shouldn't use the Book 5 title here before it gets publicly announced.

The intermezzos are rather odd: They don't appear in the normal strip order, but are at the end of the book in an "extra" section (with some bonus material)

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2016/08/09, containing:
    9 Crayon Drawings | 21 Stick its | 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianSt View Post
    Yeah - no need to argue further. We have different views how this should be approached. And without further peoples chiming in, we wouldn't get this resolved anyway. [Another worry I have that there aren't that many folks interesting in voting, and with such high numbers no change is possible]
    Hmm, that's a very valid point. I was basing my thinking on what I see happening on the Giant's comments thread, where there are quite a few opinionated people (I mean this in a good way, but if we have the same numbers over here, we will soon face a glut of changes unless the rules make it difficult). However, if we have few voters then the bar should be set lower. Maybe we could try using your voting rules at first. If we don't see too many more commentators here then we could stay that way. If we see more people come and voice an opinion, then we can always revise the rules.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGirl

I think that I will again take a page out of Grey_Wolf's book and go with the "two positive votes" rule, meaning that each vote for replacement counts as one positive vote, and each vote to keep it counts as one negative vote. So if someone proposes a new summary, I agree and the original summary writer does not comment, it will be replaced; if someone proposes one, I agree, and the original summary writer disagrees, it requires at least one more person to support it to be changed; if someone proposes one, I have no opinion and the original summary writer agrees, it will be changed; if someone proposes one, I have no opinion, the original writer doesn't chime in and someone else supports it, it gets changed; et cetera, et cetera. If we start getting a larger audience, I'll bump up the number of positive votes required. Multiple suggestions will be held according to the aforementioned alternate vote system. The default voting period is a week unless otherwise specified for whatever reason.

That sound good to everyone?
    I am: Neutral Good: -2 chaos, -21 evil and 15 balance!

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Kommander View Post
    Heartless? Those flaming letters spelled ELAN! How many sons can honestly say their father has murdered dozens of human beings just to show how much they care?

Tarquin's fatherly love is truly unique... or at least I hope it is!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    First, I'm impressed that this topic went so far off topic that it ended up back at The Order of the Stick.
    Can't find the strip you're looking for? Head on over to OOTS Strip Summaries!

4. - Top - End - #34

Quote Originally Posted by DaggerPen View Post
    I think that I will again take a page out of Grey_Wolf's book and go with the "two positive votes" rule, meaning that each vote for replacement counts as one positive vote, and each vote to keep it counts as one negative vote. So if someone proposes a new summary, I agree and the original summary writer does not comment, it will be replaced; if someone proposes one, I agree, and the original summary writer disagrees, it requires at least one more person to support it to be changed; if someone proposes one, I have no opinion and the original summary writer agrees, it will be changed; if someone proposes one, I have no opinion, the original writer doesn't chime in and someone else supports it, it gets changed; et cetera, et cetera. If we start getting a larger audience, I'll bump up the number of positive votes required. Multiple suggestions will be held according to the aforementioned alternate vote system. The default voting period is a week unless otherwise specified for whatever reason.

Yes, I'm fine with that.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Seems fine to me.

On another note: I would move the "Spoiler warning" to the first post [Or just cut it - it should be pretty clear that a "Summary" might spoiler some of the content it summarizes]. And since it should be damn obvious (so obvious that it doesn't hurt to add just a little mockery to it) I would write it like this:
    "Only that nobody can say I haven't warned you, hereby you are warned: This thread will contain spoilers!"

Problems with [table]?
    The Order of the Stick

Thanks!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Voting rules have been added, spoiler warning has been moved to first post.

Heartless? Those flaming letters spelled ELAN! How many sons can honestly say their father has murdered dozens of human beings just to show how much they care?

First, I'm impressed that this topic went so far off topic that it ended up back at The Order of the Stick.

7. - Top - End - #37

Cool. Now, as a way to test if this works, let me make one change proposal.

I'm not keen on this one:
    571: He gets better.

It's very hard to grasp who this might be referring to, as it refers to something Roy will say many strips later. Context in the preceding or following few entries doesn't help much since it doesn't directly mention the Oracle's death.

So, I suggest this:
    571: The Oracle gets better : Roy finally finds a living being to talk to.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I vote for the new entry.

Peelee’s Lotsey

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Cool. Now, as a way to test if this works, let me make one change proposal.

I'm not keen on this one:
    571: He gets better.

It's very hard to grasp who this might be referring to, as it refers to something Roy will say many strips later. Context in the preceding or following few entries doesn't help much since it doesn't directly mention the Oracle's death.

So, I suggest this:
    571: The Oracle gets better : Roy finally finds a living being to talk to.
    Much better than the original one (only thing that bugs me is the space before the colon, I would remove it), but I would propose a even more precise one:
    571: The Oracle gets revived and reveals he can hear Roy.

(so from an alternate voting standpoint I would vote mine first, then Gwynfrid's one)

And here are proposed summaries for the books/rounds

(1-121) Dungeon Crawlin' Fools: The Order of the Stick manages to destroy Xykon (thinking for good) and to blow up the Dungeon of Dorukan afterwards.
    *Round 1 introduces the Order and is only bonus material, so probably we shouldn't add it, the question if we start with Round 2 (or if we discard the Round-numbers completely)
    (1-32/34-43) Round 2: The Order advances through the first few levels of the Dungeon of Dorukan.
    *33 comes technically after the end of the book - I would personally add it to Round 2
    (44-72) Round 3: The Order meets the Linear Guild, a bunch of evil opposites around Elan's twin Nale and defeats them.
    (73-85) Round 4: Durkon and Hilgya get lost together and get closer. After hearing Higya's past Durkon dismisses her and returns to the Order.
    (86-120) Round 5: The Order finally can locate Xykon and luckily defeat him in the showdown, while Roy's sword gets shattered. They think Xykon is destroyed for good and Elan blows up the castle by activating the self destruction.
    *121 comes technically after the end of the book - I would personally add it to Round 5

(122-301) No Cure for the Paladin Blues: The Order get imprisoned through Miko, get dragged to Azure City and learn that Xykon is still alive and that the world is in danger because of the Gates.
    (122-149) Round 1: They arrive in a small town to cash in some of their rewards and level up. The Linear Guild tricks Roy to do a sidequest to retrieve some starmetal to reforge his sword. Team Evil emerges again and start recruiting some Hobgoblins.
    (150-174) Round 2: While looking for the starmetal, Elan gets captured by bandits. Roy initially doesn't want to help the others to rescue Elan, but after some time he follows them and they manage to defeat the bandits.
    (175-189) Round 3: They finally locate the starmetal. Before retrieving it Vaarsuvius temporally gets turned into a lizard and desintegrates the Young Adult Black Dragon living in the cave.
    (190-197) Round 4: Team Evil arrives at their old base. We learn about the five Gates. Opening any one is the key to conquer the world, but Dorukan's and Lirian's Gate are destroyed and Xykon needs to decipher the other locations from Serini's diary.
    (198-223) Round 5: Miko Miyazaki finally finds the Order and has the order to arrest them and bring them to Azure City in the Southern lands for a trial. The Order resist first, but agree that they want to find more and travel along with Miko.
    (224-251) Round 6: They stay at an inn alongside the road, where through some mixup assassins try to kill Roy. Roy escape this by donning the Belt of Gender-Changing, but in the aftermath the inn explodes, including the treasure they have collected thus far. Haley takes this pretty bad and can only speak gibberish that nobody can understand. They finally resist Miko, but she manages to overpower them and drags them in chains going forward.
    (252-258) Round 7: The Linear Guild makes a plan to revenge their defeat and recruit some new replacement members. They luckily find Julia Greenhilt, Roy's sister, and kidnap her.
    *259 comes technically after the end of the book - I would personally add it to Round 7
    (260-288) Round 8: The Order finally arrives in Azure City. During the trial they learn about the Gates and the Order of the Scribble. The Order is found not guilty but Belkar manages to kill a Guard and gets nearly killed himself by Miko, who prays that she is the one who can kill the Order of the Stick, in her eyes agents of evil.
    (289-298) Round 9: Lord Shojo reveals to the Order that he has tricked all by faking to be crazy, that he works with Roy's father Eugene and that he wants the Order to investigate the status of the other Gates, since two are destroyed already. Eugene reveals that Xykon is in fact not destroyed. The Order agrees to work with Shojo and Belkar is punished with the Mark of Justice, a curse that gets activated when he kills a living being inside a city or town or is to far away from Roy.
    (299-301) Epilogue: Team Evil plans to conquer Soon's Gate next, which is located in Azure City.

(302-484) War and XPs: Team Evil invades Azure City, but Soon's Gate is destroyed. Roy dies and the Order gets separated in two groups.
    (302-320) Round 1: During the New Year celebrations Roy gets closer to Celia. Haley learns that her gibberish is probably caused by too many secrets she keeps for herself, but can't confess her love for Elan.
    (321-338) Round 2: They go to the Oracle to learn where Xykon strikes next. Roy manages to dismiss Azure City as a possible answer and the Oracle says the next Gate Xykon shows up is Girard's Gate. Before they go back to Azure City Nale contacts them that Julia is his hostage in Cliffport.
    (339-367) Round 3: Shojo's wizard teleports the Order to Cliffport, where they manage to rescue Julio. Nale plans succeed, he planed to switch position with Elan, who gets thrown into prison alongside Thog.
    (368-376) Round 4: Miko is on the way back to Azure City and learns that Xykon is going in the same direction.
    (377-400) Round 5: Just in last minute before Nale can kill Haley, Elan arrives with help of Julio Scoundrél. They manage to defeat the Linear Guild once again while Haley finally is able to confess her love for Elan and can talk normally again.
    (401-411) Round 6: Miko and Hinjo learn that Shojo is only faking to be crazy. Miko snaps and kills Shojo, falling for it. Hinjo reveals that Soon's Gate is the gem inside the throne room in Azure City.
    (412-466) Round 7: The Battle of Azure City: Roy dies and Soon's Gate is destroyed through Miko, who gets killed afterwards.
    (467-484) Round 8: Durkon, Elan and Vaarsuvius retreat with the remaining Azure City survivors, while Belkar and Haley stay in Azure City with Roy's corpse.

(485-672) Don't Split the Party: The Order struggles while being separated, before they finally managing to get reunited an resurrect their leader.
    (485-500) Round 1: Roy spends three and a half month dead, before trying to find out why he didn't get resurrected earlier.
    (501-540) Round 2: Vaarsuvius fails in locating Haley and Belkar, while Haley supports the Resistance in Azure City. After accidentally summoning Celia, she tells them about Cloister and they decide to leave Azure City with Mr. Scruffy.
    (541-550) Round 3: The captured O-Chul endures all kind of torture and befriends himself with the Monster in the Darkness.
    (551-581) Round 4: Kabuto tries to let Hinjo assassinated. Haley and Belkar visit the Oracle, who is killed by Belkar, triggering the Mark of Justice. They travel further to Greysky, where Haley was a former member of the Thieves' Guild and Celia loses Roy's corpse, which gets animated to a Bone Golem.
    (582-599) Round 5: After desintegrating the captured Kabuto a trance-deprived Vaarsuvius leaves the fleet.
    (600-622) Round 6: Belkar's curse get removes and Celia manages to turn the Thieves' Guild ambush into a truce and to retrieve Roy's corpse.
    (623-642) Round 7: An Adult Black Dragon finds Vaarsuvius to get revenge for her child. To prevent his/her family from being killed and their souls imprisoned by the dragon, Vaarsuvius sells (a time of) his/her soul to the IFCC to gain a temporary Soul Splice. The Soul-spliced Vaarsuvius deploys Familicide to kill a massive amount of Black Dragons related to the Adult Black Dragon.
    (643-662) Round 8: After the Order reunites, Vaarsuvius is going to kill Xykon. Despite failing horrible, she and O-Chul manages to throw Xykon's phylactery into the sewers, before the Monster in the Darkness saves them.
    (663-672) Round 9: Roy is resurrected and they travel to the Western Continent. Blackwing shares with Vaarsuvius that there is a world inside the rift.

(673+) Book 5: The Order finds Girard's Gate and destroys it.
    (673-698)? Round 1?: The Order learn that the coordinates given to them point not to Girard's Gate.
    (699-709)? Round 2?: Gobbotopia is founded.
    (710-774)? Round 3?: The Order arrive in Bleedingham/The Empire of Blood, where Elan meets his father Tarquin, while Belkar and Roy gets imprisoned as gladiators and meet Ian, Haley's father. Durkon befriends with Malack.
    (775-822)? Round 4?: During the celebrations for Elan, the Linear Guild shows up once again. The Order wins yet again and Tarquin helps them to get to Windy Canyon, where the Draketooth Clan should be located, before he teams up with Nale to go after them.
    (823-833)? Round 5?: The phylactery is found, the Resistance get crushed by Redloak. Tsukiko get killed by Redcloak, for revealing that his plan doesn't help Xykon at all, but only helps the Dark One to threaten other Gods.
    (834-898)? Round 6?: They arrive at Windy Canyon and find the pyramid used by the now deceased Draketooth Clan. Vaarsuvius realizes he/she killed the Draketooths with Familicide and get lost in the pyramid. Malack kills and turns Durkon into a Vampire. The Order manages to locate the Gate and the decides to blow it up yet again. Vaarsuvius tries to stop it, but the IFCC prevents that.
    (899-936)? Round 7?: Team Evil shows up just in time to see the Gate explode. They instantly head towards Kraagor's Gate. Tarquin tries to kill the Order but Julio shows up and Tarquin is lost in the desert.
    (937+)? Round 8?: The Order travels in direction Dwarven lands.

I hope I managed to get not to many typos in there, so feel free to point out any errors (or other improvement). It is certainly possible that there is a better round-division of book 5, but I couldn't really find nice spots to split the rounds.

Problems with [table]?
    The Order of the Stick

Thanks!

10. - Top - End - #40

Much better than the original one (only thing that bugs me is the space before the colon, I would remove it)
    Ah, sorry about that. Typographic standards in my native language mandate a space before the colon, but there isn't one in English and this always trips me up.

As for your round-level summaries, they are very accurate, but they don't need to be this long. The individual strip summaries will come just below these, and provide all the necessary detail.

I propose the following:
    - Just keep the book titles, we don't need a summary at this level.
    - Discard the round numbers, they aren't useful and can get odd with the inclusion of bonus material.
    - Keep the order as in the online comic, even when the books alter it.
    - Shorter summaries below:

Book1 (1-121) Dungeon Crawlin' Fools

(1-43) Exploring the Dungeon of Dorukan.
    (44-72) Meeting the Linear Guild.
    (73-85) Durkon's short-lived romance and Banjo's short-lived godhood.
    (86-121) Xykon found, Durokan's Gate blown up.

Book 2 (122-301) No Cure for the Paladin Blues

(122-149) Sidequest for starmetal.
    (150-174) Battling bandits.
    (175-189) Lizard V defeats Young Adult Black Dragon.
    (190-197) Team Evil recovers.
    (198-223) Order arrested by Miko, finds time to help some dirt farmers.
    (224-251) Inn blown up along with treasure, Haley speechless.
    (252-258) Linear Guild kidnaps Julia.
    (259-288) Order on trial in Azure City.
    (289-298) Roy accepts Shojo's "job offer".
    (299-301) Team Evil on their way to Azure City.

Book 3 (302-484) War and XPs

(302-320) New Year's Day romances have varied success.
    (321-338) The Oracle of Sunken Valley.
    (339-367) Nale's Cliffport trap.
    (368-376) Miko meets Team Evil.
    (377-400) Elan meets Julio Scoundrél, saves the day, gets the girl.
    (401-411) Miko's Fall.
    (412-466) The Battle of Azure City.
    (467-484) The Order is split.

Book 4 (485-672) Don't Split the Party

(501-540) Haley, Resistance Leader.
    (541-550) Endurant O'Chul makes MitD a friend.
    (551-581) Kabuto plots, the Oracle dies.
    (582-599) V ends Kabuto, and leaves.
    (600-622) Truce with the Thieve's Guild.
    (623-642) Adult Black Dragon revenge ends with the rise of a dark V.
    (643-662) V fails to beat Xykon, MitD saves two lives.
    (663-672) Roy is back in the game.

Book 5 (673+) ?

(673-698) To Girard's Gate.
    (699-709) Gobbotopia is founded.
    (710-774) Elan meets his father.
    (775-822) Linear Guild attacks.
    (823-833) Resistance crushed, Team Evil on the move.
    (834-898) Windy Canyon.
    (899-936) Tarquin's breakdown.
    (937+) To Dwarven lands.
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2014-01-19 at 01:36 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Looking really good so far, guys! If there are no objections, I'll go ahead and slot in Gwynfrid's proposed summaries for the strip breakdowns. Voting is still open on 571's summary.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm ok with keeping it shorter (albeit I have the opinion that 1-2 sentence wouldn't hurt. I'm not sure exactly how DaggerPen will use them. If she wants to use it as Spoiler-labels, then yes they really should be shorter. If they are used as a intro for each junk, than a bit more information doesn't hurt.), but I would change some things:

You forgot Book 4, Round 1:
    (485-500) Roy's afterlife.

(122-149) Sidequest for starmetal.
    (175-189) Lizard V defeats Young Adult Black Dragon.
    For me this indicate rather wrong information. In (122-149) they visit the town and accept the starmetal quest.
    In (175-189) they finish the starmetal quest. Making the only event there the defeat of he YABD kinda says that this is the only relevant thing that happened - which is only the case if we consider Familicide. [And if we consider such future knowledge we need to rehash old summeries from time to see if more relevant things happened there.] I think if we want such sort summaries, I would use these:

(122-149) Visiting a town.
    (175-189) Finished the starmetal sidequest.

(224-251) Inn blown up along with treasure, Haley speechless.
    Haley isn't speechless, she speaks gibberish. I would change it to:
    (224-251) Inn blown up, Haley speeks gibberish onwards.
    I think we can drop the treasure when we keep it that short. And also denote when she gets fixed:
    (377-400) Elan saves Haley with help of Julio Scoundrél, Haley is fixed.

I think the more import part is that the Mark of Justice triggers, but I'm not sure which opinion is better

(643-662) V fails to beat Xykon, MitD saves two lives.
    I think we should say "MitD saves O-Chul and Vaarsavius" [And I think we should write out Vaarsavius, but that is my personal opinion, such shorthands like V are rather informal in my opinion. I'm more fine with MitD since we don't have a name to use anyway.]

(663-672) Roy is back in the game.
    I would be a bit more formal/precise here and go just with
    (663-672) Roy gets resurrected.

(198-223) Order arrested by Miko, finds time to help some dirt farmers.
    (259-288) Order on trial in Azure City.
    I would use "The Order": it makes it much clearer that this isn't a capitalized version of "order" at the start of the sentence.

(401-411) Miko's Fall.
    Maybe I'm a sucker for listing more information, but in (401-411) I would add Shojo's death and write:
    (401-411) Miko kills Shojo and falls.

(412-466) The Battle of Azure City.
    (834-898) Windy Canyon.
    I think we should also include deaths of protagonists and would write:
    (412-466) Roy dies during the Battle of Azure City.
    (834-898) Durkon gets turned into a vampire inside Girard's pyramid.
    [I think the pyramid is the more important location than Windy Canyon]

(937+) To Dwarven lands.
    I'm not sure how we should handle the ongoing chunk. I don't think we should speculate here about what will happen ("To Dwarven lands." sounds that they will arrive there - but we don't know if that really will happen). So I would use "Traveling on the Mechane". [Or in the case we haven't a true statement I would leave it blank.]

Spoiler: All my changes inserted in Gwynfrid's list
    Show

Book1 (1-121) Dungeon Crawlin' Fools

(1-43) Exploring the Dungeon of Dorukan.
    (44-72) Meeting the Linear Guild.
    (73-85) Durkon's short-lived romance and Banjo's short-lived godhood.
    (86-121) Xykon found, Durokan's Gate blown up.

Book 2 (122-301) No Cure for the Paladin Blues

(122-149) Visiting a town.
    (150-174) Battling bandits.
    (175-189) Finished the starmetal sidequest.
    (190-197) Team Evil recovers.
    (198-223) The Order arrested by Miko, finds time to help some dirt farmers.
    (224-251) Inn blown up, Haley speeks gibberish onwards.
    (252-258) Linear Guild kidnaps Julia.
    (259-288) The Order on trial in Azure City.
    (289-298) Roy accepts Shojo's "job offer".
    (299-301) Team Evil on their way to Azure City.

Book 3 (302-484) War and XPs

(302-320) New Year's Day romances have varied success.
    (321-338) The Oracle of Sunken Valley.
    (339-367) Nale's Cliffport trap.
    (368-376) Miko meets Team Evil.
    (377-400) Elan saves Haley with help of Julio Scoundrél, Haley is fixed.
    (401-411) Miko kills Shojo and falls.
    (412-466) Roy dies during the Battle of Azure City.
    (467-484) The Order is split.

Book 4 (485-672) Don't Split the Party

(501-540) Haley, Resistance Leader.
    (541-550) Endurant O'Chul makes MitD a friend.
    (582-599) Vaarsuvius ends Kabuto, and leaves.
    (600-622) Truce with the Thieve's Guild.
    (623-642) Adult Black Dragon revenge ends with the rise of a dark Vaarsuvius.
    (643-662) Vaarsuvius fails to beat Xykon, MitD saves O-Chul and Vaasruvius.
    (663-672) Roy gets resurrected.

Book 5 (673+) ?

(673-698) To Girard's Gate.
    (699-709) Gobbotopia is founded.
    (710-774) Elan meets his father.
    (775-822) Linear Guild attacks.
    (823-833) Resistance crushed, Team Evil on the move.
    (834-898) Durkon gets turned into a vampire inside Girard's pyramid.
    (899-936) Tarquin's breakdown.
    (937+) Traveling on the Mechane.

Problems with [table]?
    The Order of the Stick

Thanks!

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

+1 for shorter summaries. This whole thread (and this new organization) will be really, really helpful when trying to find a specific strip. Thanks to everyone involved.

14. - Top - End - #44

You forgot Book 4, Round 1:
    Oops. Right you are.

On everything else, I think there is a strong case for brevity at the expense of precision. Remember, our audience is made entirely of people who read the whole comic already, quite possibly more than once. They just need an easy reminder to help find the strips they're looking for. As an example: Nobody needs an explanation of why Miko falls; if they do, they should be reading the comic, not the summary!

I think we should say "MitD saves O-Chul and Vaarsavius" [And I think we should write out Vaarsavius, but that is my personal opinion, such shorthands like V are rather informal in my opinion. I'm more fine with MitD since we don't have a name to use anyway.]
    I don't quite see why we should be formal at all? From my perspective, anything that makes it easier & nicer to read is good, which makes me lean in favor of shorter and, where possible, more humorous, as opposed to more formal.

I'm not sure how we should handle the ongoing chunk. I don't think we should speculate here about what will happen ("To Dwarven lands." sounds that they will arrive there - but we don't know if that really will happen). So I would use "Traveling on the Mechane". [Or in the case we haven't a true statement I would leave it blank.]
    I don't mind, because this is a placeholder anyway. It will change when we have more strips, and the chunks will move around when we see how the Giant split the book into rounds.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

I forgot to bookmark this thread, and had to catch up! Liking the progress!
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Voting isn't quite closed yet (starting to think a week may be too long a period), but for today's update:

940: Amun-Zora, Ganji and Enor have a recruitment drive; welcome Ian Starshine.
    Last edited by DaggerPen; 2014-01-23 at 08:36 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47

It's "Amun-Zora" with a dash, but otherwise it's fine.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Whoops, my bad. Fixed now.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGirl

20. - Top - End - #50
    Bugbear in the Playground

Last edited by thereaper; 2014-01-24 at 01:41 PM.
    Wolfen Houndog - The World in Revolt (4e)
    The Mythic Warrior, a 3.5 base class that severs limbs and sunders armor
    The Nameless One, converted to 3.5 and 5e

21. - Top - End - #51

Quote Originally Posted by thereaper View Post
    FWIW, I like yours a little better. I like shorter.

22. - Top - End - #52

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Voting is now closed; I have edited the first post to use the shorter round summaries as proposed by Gwynfrid, except for the missing 485-500, which is "Roy's Afterlife" as per ChristianSt. I also used thereaper's 941 summary, and Gwynfrid's 942 summary. The alternate 571 summary has also been used.

I am currently considering amending for a shorter voting period, because it seems like we got these issues settled in a much shorter time than the voting period really required. I'm thinking I may make it 3 days by default, with the option to extend it if discussion is still ongoing near the end of the period.
    Last edited by DaggerPen; 2014-01-29 at 05:49 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54

I am currently considering amending for a shorter voting period, because it seems like we got these issues settled in a much shorter time than the voting period really required. I'm thinking I may make it 3 days by default, with the option to extend it if discussion is still ongoing near the end of the period.
    Yes, that makes sense based on the first experience we have.

25. - Top - End - #55

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Beat me to that one! Though, I'd be inclined to mention that Julio left his Chaos Sabre to Elan, too, since that's a big enough detail that people are likely to reference later.

27. - Top - End - #57

Good point. I'm changing my suggestion to : 943: Julio goes on vacation, leaves his Chaos Sabre to Elan.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGirl

29. - Top - End - #59

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Mostly pretty good, but since we're not overly concerned with spoilers in this thread, I would definitely mention the possible Snarl appearance. Possibly something more like "A Snarl emerges in Laurin's dream: a City by the Ocean"
    Last edited by DaggerPen; 2014-02-15 at 04:14 PM.