New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Default Free Compendium Download?

Hello everyone! I just got back together with my D&D group and we've been playing lately, but because we play over video chat services, we have our characters digitized. We've been using a character builder to create our own characters, but we don't have a monster builder. Does anyone know how to gain access to the D&D Compendium without having to pay monthly for it?

Thanks a bunch!

- Twisted
    Last edited by Twisted; 2014-01-14 at 04:46 PM.
    Fear profits a man nothing.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Free Compendium Download?

Uh, even if we did, I'm pretty sure we're not allowed to discuss what is essentially piracy on this forum.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Airk View Post
    Uh, even if we did, I'm pretty sure we're not allowed to discuss what is essentially piracy on this forum.
    Well, I wasn't going for straight-up piracy, but I was just wondering if there was some alternative or other software that we could use in place of the compendium.
    Fear profits a man nothing.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

PCgen software includes a small compendium of stats without any of the fluff for earlier editions. Basically its just information taken from the free SRDs of D&D. it didn't have any information for D&D 4th ed. but if you have some time there is a tutorial where you can set up your own reference compendium.

pcgen.org

Fair warning, I never actually used it for a session. just downloaded it for a game that never happened. So I don't know from experiance how convieniant it is. but it seems like this is what your looking for.