Default The One [Solo Campaign - Ironcross] IC

The World Of Aegis:

Campaign: The One

Spoiler: OOC Link
    Show
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16794169#post16794169

Spoiler
    Show
    Welcome to the World of Aegis, A beautiful, crescent shaped, green continent awaits you full of adventure, With Dragons peak to the north, A mountain known for its history of powerful winged beasts, Crescent Lake, While Hardly a lake, fills the gulf of this land, the small village of Meadowside, just south of the grand city of Aerogard, And further south is the grand forest of Ryvendell.

A tid-bit of Background:
    Spoiler
    Show

About some 10 months ago, The great king Godfreid Gryphondale, Also known as Godfreid the Godsend, had gone missing, and his brother, Kaelar Gryphondale, Had taken over for the lost king, and the kingdom began its descent. The militia runs rampant through the lands, forcing all but humans back into their homelands, killing any who disobeyed.

Opening Scene and Begin.

After a long travel from Dragons Peak, weary and exhausted, the moonlight illuminates your path before you as you enter Meadowside, You see houses and farmland to the east, faintly lit by the light above, A blacksmith outside of the Urban of the city, a few miscellaneous shops (You're not sure what it is they sell as they are closed) and your attention is drawn to the well lit Darkshore Pub & Inn, Sounds of laughter and a faint music plays from within. The cold wind at your back sends chills down your spine, Autumn is certainly on its way, the fields have a bronze hue to them, the winds, while cold, breathe softly on the back of your neck.

The chatter from the bar grows louder, overshadowing the music.

Spoiler: OOC Breakoff
    Show
    This is the part where you post in response, I have given you the setting and have handed you the ball, A normal option would be to either roam around town, listening for trouble, checking out the tavern, etc. A request for more info on the campaign would be requested in the OOC thread. You can pick the locks on locked shops if you roll high enough, break windows, whatever it is your heart desires. When players post what their character is saying, they use a color, when describing what they are doing, they use regular text.
    Spoiler: Crest's just-awesome Club.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    I think Crestfallen has demonstrated that she is an epic swordsage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoboldi View Post
    You are wonderful and deserve a personal unicorn to carry you everywhere you want to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jötunn View Post
    Crest, stop getting me interested in your games!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: The One [Solo Campaign - Ironcross] IC

"What a walk! I had better get indoors before I collapse!"
    I walk through the town and head directly for the tavern, seeking a hot meal and a room to sleep in.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

You grip the cold handle to the tavern door and as it swings open, the sounds of laughter and music grow ten fold. As you glance around the room you notice in the rear of the tavern are 4 large men laughing hysterically and slamming their mugs together. Their crimson armor lies on the floor next to them with a detailed silver trim and a silver insignia forming a G on the chest, The Milita.

HA Ha ha ha.. and the look on his face! "P..please sir, find it 'n yer heart to jus' let me go"HA Ha ha, If I weren't paid to do this I'd still do it anyway! Pesky dwarves trying to hide out in this slum-of-a-town. Bah.

The men all continue to laugh and nod in agreement, one of them pats him on the shoulder. You begin to notice that all of the tables have a pile of armor next to them, there seems to be 5 groups of 4 Militia men throughout the whole tavern, all of them loud, minus one group who seems to be whispering amongst eachother.

As your eyes continue to wander you notice a young man and an older man sitting at the bar of the tavern, the bartender cleaning a few dishes whilst talking to them, shouting into the back room

"WOMAN! How long do these fine men have to wait on their Food? If'n you cant cook, clean, or do nothin' right, What makes me want to keep you here at all?!

The young man half hides his face as the woman comes out, a young fair human lady with long golden hair, drops off the mens food, whispers her sorries to them for the wait and hurries back.

The bartender pardons his guests and walks into the back, a bit more yelling commences but is inaudible due to the volume of the music.

You peer over at the music and see a band of three men, One with a lute, One with a flute, and one humming to the crowd, his voice surprisingly loud for just humming.

(1d20+2)[18]
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is normally a roll you would not see. A DM would normally never tell you these results, but since this is a teaching Campaign I will reveal it.

This was a Spot check, to see if you noticed anything that most people would not normally noticed.

Mentally in my head I had a DC (Difficulty Check) of 14, If your roll resulted in greater than or equal to 14, you passed. Which you did.

(Result):
    You noticed out of the corner of your eye a figure fully cloaked in the absolute corner of the tavern, in the darkest part of the tavern, his candle on his table has been put out, his long black robe reaches to the floor, a mug on the table, with a thick burly hand engloved and gripping the handle.

Spoiler
    Show
    You may interact with any or none of these individuals, You may interact with anything or anyone of your choosing truly. Any decision you make is up to you and will affect your journey. If you can think of doing it in your head, it can be done with the right roll. If you'd like more hints, Please let me know.
    Show
    You are wonderful and deserve a personal unicorn to carry you everywhere you want to go.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I walk over to the bar and order an ale and some food.
    "Can I get a pint of ale and some food? I will be needing a room for the night as well."
    After I get my food I look for a place to sit down and eat, and listen to the band with an amused smile on my face.

5. - Top - End - #5

You manage to nab a seat close to the loud, rambunctious militamen, they continue their rant and stories while the young woman brings you your meal and ale.

S..So sorry it took so long, our oven in the b..back has been acting up all e..evening and I'm the only one here who knows h..how to cook. I hope everything tastes alright. ...is there anything else I can get for y..you?

Her voice quivers as she speaks, almost like a soft stutter in her dialect. Her eyes are a soft deep blue, surrounded by a puffy redness in her eyes, almost as if she had been crying. Her hands shake at her sides, trying to stand proper for you, awaiting your response as if you were going to scold her.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"No no everything looks fine" I say with a wave of my hand, looking down at food.
    "You look upset, is there anything I could do to help you?"
    I sit back and look up at her, waiting for her response.

7. - Top - End - #7

I.. It's nothing, I shouldn't even be speaking to you, My father might get mad.. e..Enjoy your food sir!

She turns and begins walking off and slips into the back room of the bar, the bartender pays no notice and continues to re-arrange the shelves behind the bar.

The Militia pause as she passes them, glance up and down her, whispering to eachother in secret, and begin laughing hysterically.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I sit back and eat my food while watching the people around me. Particularly the militia, and the band.

9. - Top - End - #9

Time passes on, The band continues their merry songs, Most of the militia leave the tavern, minus the one group seated beside you.

Hey... Erik... That man over there... he seems to be starting directly at you, Wanna go show him who he's messing with?
    He gestures over at the hooded man in the corner of the room, now becoming aware of his presence. The hooded figure shifts in his seat, but keeps his eyes locked on the Militiaman.

I doubt he's worth the trouble, if we get one more violation under our boots we'll be thrown in jail, which I have no interest in.

Hey, Hood man, Run along now, You should probably get home.

The hooded figure makes no notion of movement, eyes locked from under his hood on the man.

Well? Did I stutter? The Militia man puts his hand on his sword hilt, standing his ground, and turns to his buddies, smirking. We might just have to teach this guy a lesson, We'll mark it under Self Defense, Hahahahaa

CCCRRAAAAACKKKK
    In a flash of whirring colors a small, stout axe flies through the air and slams into the Militia's head, a small spatter of blood drips down as the man crashed into the table the other men were at.

Ye bastards killed my brother, Now I'll kill All-o-ye and spit on yer corpses ye lousy pigs!.

The voice booms from behind, you turn and see the hooded man is no longer hooded, and on one of the tables stands a stout, heavy built dwarf, with powerful arms, axes at his sides, and a large axe in his hand.

Young lad, Get out o' here, Ye dunt want to get involved in this mess, I know ye aint with the Militia, Nor do ye seem like the type to take their side.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I push my plate aside and stand up.
    "You're right, but I take issue with their kind."
    I step away from the table and move towards the militia drawing my rapier with a flourish.
    "Plus, I have been walking for a while, and I need to stretch my muscles"

11. - Top - End - #11

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    As a DM, I have rolled for initiative for you, the 3 Militia, and the Dwarf.

You are the first to take your turn, So this is the round where you decide what you do.

The guards are 20 feet away from you.

For this scenario, Since it is a small combat scene, I will not be posting a map. Most PbP do not use maps, Some do, but most do not.

So then, Whenever you're ready, you may make your move.

You may move, and attack, Move and cast a spell, Cast a spell, Something of those sorts.

You may want to read the combat chapter (5) in the PHB. It'll help a lot.

^^
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I pull out my hand crossbow and attempt to shoot the closest milita, trying not to kill but to scare him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler
    Show
    New Roll: (1d20)[20]

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground