Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 462
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrganicEvil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2015

    Default Chill Winds: DFRPG Calgary IC

    Chill Winds
    A Dresden Files Roleplaying Game

    In hindsight, you probably should have known that everything was going to go to hell.

    First off, there was the rain. It had been pouring buckets for three full days, and the vicious, howling winds were frigid and sweltering by turns. Predictions, naturally, had been for sun and fair weather. Some worried that it would be the 2013 floods all over again. Even more troubling were the strange occurrences. Reports drifted in from all over town. A respectable businessman claimed that he’d been rescued from muggers near International Avenue by a real, honest-to-god superhero, and ended up going on local news about it. Another, somewhat less reputable person, claimed that his muggers had vanished into thin air. A woman in North Haven even claimed that there’d been a rain of frogs in her back yard, but there was nothing there when animal control arrived, so that was clearly impossible. Worst of all, though, was the feeling in the air. It wasn’t a tension, exactly. It wasn’t a feeling of something ready to blow. Rather, it was the sinking, gut-wrenching sense that maybe something already had.

    * * *

    When events came to a head, Stephen Mercer was on his lunch break. He’d just ducked out to Tim Horton’s—it wasn’t far from the firm—and had just taken his place at the back of the line when the first bullet whistled past his ear to assassinate the espresso machine.

    * * *

    Meanwhile, on the riverfront, Maria St. Claire, the Cop of Calgary, shivered. Her suit did a fine job with bullets, but it wasn’t any better against the cold and wet than ordinary fabric. Of course, that was why she was there; this rain had been going on quite long enough.
    Chaac was dressed lightly, in jeans and a “Save the rainforest!” t-shirt, and the weather obviously didn’t bother him as he gazed out over the water. “Lovely day today, isn’t it?” he asked.

    * * *

    Skittles sat in the small lobby outside of Auroclixey’s office. He recognized the other woman in the room, though; it was that lounge singer, Vivian. Suddenly, the office door opened, seemingly of its own accord. “Both of you, come in,” said a deep, commanding voice from inside.

    * * *

    Those I haven’t assigned a staring place are free to start where they wish, though somebody should probably be on hand to save Stephen; I imagine that Tim Horton’s would be a very disappointing place to die.

    The OOC thread is located right here.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Chill Winds: DFRPG Calgary IC

    Miriam gave the weather outside the window a dark look from her seat inside the Tim's. She'd only had to walk a few steps from her car to the door, and even that had left her hoodie almost soaked through. At least she had it better than that woman on the news saying she'd had a rain of frogs in her yard. I swear, this town is like the freaking Old Testament, you never know what's gonna fall out of the sky.
    She put the climate out of her mind and turned back to blow the steam off her coffee. As her eyes passed by the door, it opened to admit someone she thought looked familiar. It took her a moment to place him; she frowned in concentration as she sorted through her previous Calgary visits. Mercer, that was it! Just as she was debating getting up to say hello, she heard the bullet strike the espresso machine. And there's the chaos. Fantastic. I was worried this would be a boring day.In another second, she was out of her chair, flicking her gaze across the building in search of the attacker.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If it's appropriate, I want to make an Awareness roll to spot the source of the bullet. Bonus is at +2.

    (1d6)[3]
    (1d6)[3]
    (1d6)[1]
    (1d6)[4]

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Chill Winds: DFRPG Calgary IC

    Max Duhamel

    Max was already having an odd day. What had started as a simple job inspecting the safety valves of a well near Calgary (at 3 AM!) had been a bit more complicated then usual when it turned out the valves were fine but the ghost of a dead worker haunted the place. He ended up breaking a valve himself to make sure the well would day inactive a few more day, and was planning on sneaking back into the place when he had the chance to perform an exorcism. He'd heard from a Venatori drinking buddy that Miriam was in town, and was considering asking her a hand with the job. Not that an exorcism was out of his alley, but one thing he'd learned in the years since he started involving himself with supernatural going ons was that too much backup was impossible.

    He was stopping at the Tims to get some doughnuts and a hot coffee to stave the cold off, and had just made his order when the bullet wizzed past him. He turned back and was surprised to recognize the well dressed man at the end of the line, he was that lawyer that brought him in on a lawsuit case 2 years back. Also surprising was the presence of the aforementioned Miriam, sitting in the corner

    How did I miss her?

    His right hand held ready to use either his bracelet or his force ring, he made his way to her

    Did you see where it came from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrganicEvil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2015

    Default Re: Chill Winds: DFRPG Calgary IC

    Peering out through the shattered window into the wind and rain, Miri can tell that the shot came from somewhere across the street, but not much else; whoever the shooter is, though, they're clearly an expert if they're able to get even as close as they did in weather like this.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Since you're already aware of the shooting, everybody at the Tim's go ahead and roll Athletics for initiative, if you'd please.
    Shooter's Initiative: Great (+4) Bonus, EDIT: Screwed up the roll mechanics (Damn you, automated dice roller!), assume an actual result of Fair (+2). Results will be more transparent next time.

    Amaril, if you like you can roll Guns to try to figure out where Miri would be sniping from under the circumstances.

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by OrganicEvil; 2015-03-14 at 04:07 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Chill Winds: DFRPG Calgary IC

    Miri gave a start of surprise as Max approaches. How did I miss him being here too? Realizing that she couldn't be distracted, she held up a hand for silence and kept scanning the restaurant. The broken window provided an obvious point of entry for the bullet. "Across the street, come on!" she called out without looking back at Max. "Stephen, get under cover and stay there!" Dashing towards the new hole in the wall and vaulting through, she squinted through the rain and wind, searching for the most likely spot...

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Initiative, +4 bonus:

    (1d6)[1]
    (1d6)[1]
    (1d6)[1]
    (1d6)[6]

    Guns, +5 bonus:

    (1d6)[6]
    (1d6)[1]
    (1d6)[3]
    (1d6)[6]
    Last edited by Amaril; 2015-03-14 at 04:32 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Halae's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Questing
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Chill Winds: DFRPG Calgary IC

    [Eve - Walking Home]

    No Frills is a part of a grocery store chain on International Avenue, a good place with good food for reasonable prices and employees that tend to be friendly. On top of this, it's only a block and a half away from Eve's house, and as such the place where she usually goes to get groceries.

    Carrying no less than seven heavy looking bags, the half-demon is making her way home - she's opted to wear a rain coat despite the relatively short distance, given the level of wet doesn't change that much between 5 minutes of downpour and half an hour of it. As she walks, she looks over the nearby shops - a chinese restaurant with an all-you-can-eat buffet, a minute lube, and an adult store positioned right next to one another. There's probably some sort of bitter joke in there being a minute lube next to a sex shop.

    Eve doesn't dwell on that. More on the fact that living in a relatively rough part of town means you shouldn't walk too close to any of the people nearby. Though, that's not really a huge problem in this weather. Being fair as well, Eve's not really in any danger herself, but she'd rather not have to drop the bag with eggs in it in order to defend herself - they cost money, you know.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    it may be wise to add "location tags" to the tops of your posts. A quick denominator of where you are and what character you're playing, to avoid confusion.

    EDIT: also, fixed a couple text errors.
    Last edited by Halae; 2015-03-14 at 04:22 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

    Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Chill Winds: DFRPG Calgary IC

    Skittles & Vivian

    Vivian wasn't sure what the meeting was about, but when Auroclixey wanted to see her, she definitely made room in her schedule for him. She didn't recognize the young man in the room with her, but at the moment she didn't care too much. Her patron would explain if he wanted her to know. When she's beckoned, she stands and takes a moment to smooth out the sea green and pale lavender sequin dress she's wearing before grabbing her handbag and heading into the room with a neutral expression. She gives off the air of being quite aloof, but inside she couldn't help but be extremely curious about what was going on.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Chill Winds: DFRPG Calgary IC

    Stephen

    Stephen groaned as his alarm clock woke him up at 8:00 am. He was still groggy since he stayed up a bit too late last night binging on Netflix. After a brief shower, he wandered over to the kitchen and took stock of the dirty dishes with dismay. Promising himself he would do them when he got back, he had some toast with a banana and headed down to the building's parking garage. After the greeting the security guard and a brief bit of small talk, he started up his car and began the 20 minute commute to work.

    He got into the Office late, but no one seemed to mind. It was a quiet week for him. His only current task was to assist one of the senior partners in their case. One of the firm's wealthiest clients, an official in the City Council was being sued for libel. He booted up his computer and the spent next few hours reviewing old rulings. He found a case that was refereed to the Supreme Court, and switched his intention to those. He finished his notes and added at the bottom 'check R. v. Zundal?' He disliked this type of work the most.

    When lunchtime came around, he put on his coat and made his way outside. The rain didn't bother him much, in fact it reminded of home in Labrador. He ducked into the nearby Tim Hortons and pulled out his phone. Miles, a member of the same amateur league hockey team as Stephen had been in regular contact with him since he had dropped out of university. The man was looking for a friendly ear, and Stephen obliged. He justs needs to be a bit more confident about himself Stephen thought to himself. He kept his head down and got distracted by one of the games on his phone.


    Which was when the espresso machine exploded behind the counter right beside him. With a yelp of panic, he dropped to the ground, adrenalin rushing through his veins. He was overwhelmed with shock and barely noticed the pandemonium erupting among the people in the store.

    He heard a voice call out "Stephen, get under cover and stay there!" and saw two familiar looking figures dash out of the store. How did someone know my name. Wait, was that the faerie lady?. He didn't need to be told twice. He moves to the nearest cover and dials 911 on his phone. He starts speaking to the operator Oh god, were in a Tim's and someones shooting at us!

    Spoiler
    Show

    Rolls:

    Athletics (+1 bonus): (4d3-7)[0]
    Last edited by Rofltrollcopter; 2015-03-14 at 05:40 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: Chill Winds: DFRPG Calgary IC

    All things considered, Skithiryx was having a pretty good day. His caretaker and surrogate older sister was out running some errand or another for his mother; he'd not really been paying the closest attention earlier when she had tried to explain where exactly she'd be off to today. As such, he'd been left on his own with the usual instructions not to cause to too much havoc when he went out and a brief reminder of a scheduled meeting with Auroclixey. Venturing out into the city, the young dragon made his way to his planned destination; grabbing a small snack on the way.

    Taking a seat in the lobby, he took his time to take in the various sights and scents of the area around him, even as he finished off the last of the burgers he had picked up a few minutes earlier. Startling blue eyes locked onto the rooms other occupant, whom he quickly recognized as that singer whose music Lori had introduced him to. He'd really come to enjoy the soothing quality of her voice.

    'I wonder why she's here.' He pondered, peering over at her from inside his oversized gray hoodie. 'Is she meeting up with Auroclixey too?'

    His question was quickly answered as they were both beckoned into the office proper.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Soras Teva Gee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: Chill Winds: DFRPG Calgary IC

    Maria & the Rain God:

    Maria suppressed a shiver as she faced the casually dressed god. She wasn't a wuss exactly and had been in worse sure, but there were limits. Plus whomever made Warden cloaks so good at shedding fluids and stains apparently hadn't thought about the consequences of wearing one in the wet. Likewise her own silk suit shed water as well as anything which mean it shed much of it right into her. Her socks and underthings were getting soaked. She had better clothes for the cold and the wet sure, but if you were meeting with a god who you needed to do something there were certain proprieties to observe.

    Of course the weather wasn't the only reason she holding back shivers, it wasn't everyday you met a god. Most of them were supposed to be asleep according to the Council, but like most points a 'standard knowledge' she'd found reality didn't quite do what it was supposed to. She had to wonder if he'd even noticed her, what was one little wizard girl to a centuries old entity on par with a Fairy Queen or possibly higher?

    "It reminds me of some of the more interesting times I've been out flying, my lord," She said not agreeing exactly but not being untrue, she had flown in storms before. Cripes she wasn't anti-social but she was not cut out for this sort of thing. How did you even address a new world god in old world courtesies? Would he care what a mere mortal said to him. Well better to go with the best she could until he said otherwise. "I want to thank you for taking time to meet with me my lord. If I might be so bold I'd like to ask you how long we might be seeing rain this time?"

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrganicEvil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2015

    Default Re: Chill Winds: DFRPG Calgary IC

    Eve:

    Out of the corner of her eye, Eve spotted a figure approaching through the rain. At first, it simply seemed to be an ordinary man; then she noticed its strange, lurching way of moving, as though it wasn't fully at home in its own body. As it drew closer, she could see the pale, waxy caste of its skin as well as the bloated belly that marked it a recent corpse. Of course, just in case that wasn't enough, the fact that its eyes seemed to be made of fire was a pretty big tip-off as well.

    Realizing that it had been spotted, the creature stopped. "I bear," it croaked, vocal chords straining oddly around the words. "I bear. A message. Message for the Chosen."

    Skittles and Vivian:

    Inside the office, Auroclixey sat behind his desk, with its neat stacks of paper in trays. The room was furnished in dark lacquered woods, with a beautiful ink print hanging from the wall behind the dragon's head. Auroclixey himself wore the body of a middle-aged man with well-kept dark hair and round spectacles perched on his nose. He was not alone. The man standing by his shoulder looked to be several inches taller and twenty years younger, and wore an immaculate designer suit. Skittles and Vivian recognized him as Lung Ru Yi, the newer dragon in town, and, by all accounts, the more dangerous.

    "Please," Ru Yi said, "be seated." The dragon himself, however, remained standing.

    "We have something of a proposition for the two of you," Auroclixey added.

    Maria:

    "Ah," the god said with a smile. It looked odd on him; his face seemed molded for gloominess. "I had wondered, wizard, to what I owed the your visit. I suppose I should not be surprised." The grin widened for a moment, and it was like seeing the sun through a layer of clouds. His eyes lit like summer lightning. "Though I must say, I'm disappointed that you didn't find the pleasure of my company sufficient lure by itself." Just as quickly, the grin was gone, and Chaac's face assumed a serious caste. "There are dark powers stirring in this city, Warden. That is why I brought the rain, that their workings might be washed away, but I fear it shall not be enough."

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll do the group at Tim's as soon as Thorgrim posts.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Soras Teva Gee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: Chill Winds: DFRPG Calgary IC

    Maria & the Rain God

    It seemed her research bore some truth Maria considered as she gave the light flirting a polite smile. Like many deities it seemed the rain god liked the ladies, though she supposed that fit with certain fertility aspects. He reminded her suddenly of her ex come to think of it, back before she realized what a shallow smug snake he really was. They even had the same direction come to think of it. Just her luck. Still she shouldn't hold past grievances against an entity from an entirely different continent. She'd at least play along instead of shooting him down.

    "Well my lord I regret my duties leave me little time for socializing with any party no matter how pleasant."

    Also true enough, though she could have made time to make friends around town she had preferred to spend what she had at Jeanne. These last sixth months had been the first time in years she'd not had to leave Calgary more then once. The Warden kid in Vancouver had called her and the new guy at Jannelle's old post in Juneau for back up with a Fomor incursion, but both seemed to be getting their feet under them. And that had been it, not that the usual array of trouble hadn't kept her busy enough. She should have known her luck wouldn't last.

    "And now I must admit I regret that. If there are dark forces at play then there may be something I could do. While I cannot claim it in its entirety or without contest, this is my town anyone that would harm it is of grave concern to me. Any knowledge you might offer me in this matter would be most welcome my lord."
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2015-03-14 at 08:47 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrganicEvil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2015

    Default Re: Chill Winds: DFRPG Calgary IC

    Maria:

    "I can say little," Chaac said. "I am bound by oath, and there are things I may not disclose. But I can say this. Someone seeks to open the Sack of the Winds, and if they succeed, you, along with all you hold in your charge, will be destroyed."
    Last edited by OrganicEvil; 2015-03-14 at 09:13 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Halae's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Questing
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Chill Winds: DFRPG Calgary IC

    Quote Originally Posted by OrganicEvil View Post
    Eve:

    Out of the corner of her eye, Eve spotted a figure approaching through the rain. At first, it simply seemed to be an ordinary man; then she noticed its strange, lurching way of moving, as though it wasn't fully at home in its own body. As it drew closer, she could see the pale, waxy caste of its skin as well as the bloated belly that marked it a recent corpse. Of course, just in case that wasn't enough, the fact that its eyes seemed to be made of fire was a pretty big tip-off as well.

    Realizing that it had been spotted, the creature stopped. "I bear," it croaked, vocal chords straining oddly around the words. "I bear. A message. Message for the Chosen."
    Eve

    Before she can stop herself, a low growl emanates from Eve's throat. A possessed corpse, something she'd recognize anywhere, downpour or no. "I've been called that before." back when Terros tried to use her as a conduit to summon an army of demons, "Who are you and what do you want? Tell me why I shouldn't banish you right now."

    Her mind is already addressing how she could destroy the integrity of this corpse, force the demon inside it back to hell. Snapping a few bones would probably do it. The neck first seems like a good plan, as it'll at least immobilize it. If that doesn't kill it, a quick stomp the head should do.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

    Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Chill Winds: DFRPG Calgary IC

    Skittles and Vivian

    "Well, this has certainly gotten interesting."
    Vivian admits in her husky voice. "And worrying."She adds as she takes her seat and looks the pair over. She'd be the first to admit she's nervous, since a meeting like this meant Big Changes. She didn't know much about Ru Yi, but she at least hoped that this fell into her skill set. It was a tiny skill set, but an important one in a town like this.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Soras Teva Gee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: Chill Winds: DFRPG Calgary IC

    Maria & the Rain God:

    Maria felt her mouth drop open a little as the gears worked in her brain. Supernatural entities weren't big on lying, some like the fairies couldn't period, but it went further then that. They could be deceptive or evasive (indeed more often then not were) but to come out and plainly state a flat untruth went against the governing principles things from the Nevernever all were totally into. Which meant she had to take this seriously...

    The Bag of Winds. She knew of it, after she'd learned she was pregnant she'd done all kinds of research into Greek mythology and a focus on the four winds. The Bag of Winds was from the Odyssey, it had ensured good sailing for Odysseus until his idiot crew had screwed him over for the fifth or sixth time. Opening it had driven Odysseus back Greece to Sicily. It was a simple enough tale but if it was actually true the implications were massive. Weather control like that was hard. It wasn't all that complex magically speaking, technically she did it all the time but the scale needed was immense. And if you got it got a storm going it would still be a storm driven by natural forces so you'd need even more power to control it to any degree. Calgary could ill afford such a thing happening here.

    Of course reality could be quite different as she'd learned personally there was something to a number of myths but rarely absolute truth. She doubted many mortal mythologists knew that the four Greek winds had at the least lent their names to fae creatures of winds that went by the names of the old gods of myth. The supernatural world could have odd geography like that, things related more by how similar they were then by distance in the mortal world. And she was speaking to if indications were right another incarnation of the west, the one wind excluded from the Bag of Winds. And he was exerting power to stop something, and concerned it was not enough. Damn that posed a dangerous question.

    "My lord, the Bag of Winds was said to have contained all but the western wind. Could it be that this item has some power over you or your uhh... other aspects?"

    She asked the question quietly confident he'd hear anyways, and looked directly into the face of a god, not wanting to miss his reaction.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Depending on reaction I may be tagging that Ek Xib Chaac aspect for an Empathy roll.
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2015-03-15 at 12:08 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: Chill Winds: DFRPG Calgary IC

    Taking the seat that was offered to him Skithiryx eyed the two dragons warily, gaze shifting back and forth between the two regal figures as he lowered his hood.

    "What sort of proposition?" He asked, voice tinged with a hint of childlike curiosity. Big cerulean eyes briefly flickered over to Vivian, searching glance attempting to figure out if she might have some idea of what was about to be asked of them. He only had a passing knowledge of these two, but everything he knew about them said that they should probably be strong enough to deal with whatever issues that came along themselves, so why would they need his help with anything? And what would they need a singer for?

    Though, what if they didn't need help exactly? What if they were doing something else that they needed other people for. Maybe they were trying to put together a band! That must be it! I mean why else would they need a singer? But then did that mean they were going to teach him how to play an instrument so he could be in the band? That'd be so cool!

    "Well, I don't know how to play any instruments yet, but I'm sure I could learn pretty quickly!" He gushed excitedly, grinning widely before turning to Vivian. "I wont let you down!"

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Chill Winds: DFRPG Calgary IC

    ((how I am first in the initiative order? Anyway here is my athletics roll: (4d3-6)[1]))

    Max

    Max zips up his coat to protect his torso from bullets and follows Miriam through the shattered window. His axe was in his car and his guns at home, but he had his baton and force rings, so he felt fairly more confident walking into gunfire then a regular bystander might be. He see nothing through the rain, and strains his eyes while absently putting his cellphone in it's lead-lined case to protect it if magic started flying around.

    (waiting for Miri to make a move or something else to happen)
    Last edited by thorgrim29; 2015-03-15 at 02:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrganicEvil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2015

    Default Re: Chill Winds: DFRPG Calgary IC

    Eve:

    The creature gurgled slightly, and it took Eve a moment to place the sound as a laugh. "He says to tell you. It is almost time. This city shall be bathed in blood." It took another lurching step forward. "Master Terros warns. Be ready. Chosen."

    Maria:

    "I sometimes forget quick you... wizards can be," Chaac said. "Perhaps I've told you too much already."

    Skittles and Vivian:

    Ru Yi stared at Skittles in utter confusion for a moment, before glancing aside at Auroclixey as though wondering whether this was really such a good idea after all.

    "That... Will not be necessary, Skithirix," said Auroclixey. "Tell me, does either of you know of you know the name Jonathan Dumont?"

    Max, Miri, and Stephen:

    Charging out of the Tim's, Miri, without stopping, ran across the slick pavement, dodging cars to make it to the other side of the street, with Max followed hot on her heels. Suddenly, a speeding SUV roared down the street in front of Max, forcing him to stop just between the two streams of traffic. Meanwhile, another bullet buzzed through the window of the Tim's...

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Maria's Empathy roll against Chaac, aspect tagged: (4d3-6)[1]
    Chaac's Deceit roll to defend: (4d3-5)[2]
    Unfortunately, Maria doesn't get much from Chaac, although he did seem to hesitate before saying "wizards."

    The shooter's Guns roll against Stephen: (4d3-6)[3]
    Stephen's Athletics roll to defend: (4d3-7)[2]
    As a Weapon:3 attack, the shot inflicts a four-stress hit on Stephen, which is enough to take him out; however, taking a mild physical consequence reduces it to two stress, leaving Stephen with one bubble remaining on his physical stress track.
    Last edited by OrganicEvil; 2015-03-15 at 04:06 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Chill Winds: DFRPG Calgary IC

    Skittles and Vivian

    The Half-Siren frowns at the name when it is mentioned. "I recognize the name, though I admit I can't really say I know anything about him. I know a Tatyana Dumont personally. She's tried to get me killed, so I'm going to assume it's a relation to her." She admits, ignoring the outburst about the instrument. "If that's the case, then I have a feeling I'm going to love where this is going, or hate it."

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Soras Teva Gee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: Chill Winds: DFRPG Calgary IC

    Maria & the Rain God

    His poker face was better then her ability to read one, well not too surprising there this wasn't her forte. Logic told her she must be somewhere in right neighborhood though, if she'd been totally off the mark he could have shot her down. She known asking the question he'd had to have some personal stake in this, but what that was he wasn't budging on. Could be nothing, could be a lot, and it was never what you knew that got you killed. She'd tried to catch him flat footed, now he'd be on guard against further probes.

    "I... understand my lord. It seems nothing worth knowing can be freely shared."
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2015-03-15 at 04:36 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Chill Winds: DFRPG Calgary IC

    Stephen tries to duck for cover when the shooting starts. He tries to throw himself to the ground, but the bullet hits in the shoulder as he ducks down. He lays there for a moment, feeling nothing but a dull sense of surprise as he begins to slip into shock. Someone's trying to kill me... that's a thing He scrambles on the ground as fast as he can and goes behind the counter. He pulls out his phone and with trembling fingers dials 911. I've been shot... There's a shooter outside the Tim's by Memorial street

    Spoiler
    Show

    Taking 'grazed shoulder' as mild consequence

    Physical stress track: 0 X 0

    action:
    Set up block using athletics:
    (4d3+7)[16]

    Supplementary action: Call 911
    Last edited by Rofltrollcopter; 2015-03-15 at 05:45 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Halae's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Questing
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Chill Winds: DFRPG Calgary IC

    Eve

    Eve narrows her eyes, "You've delivered your message. Take another step closer, and I'll assume you're being aggressive and retaliate. If you're related to Terros, you know very well how strong I am."

    Terros is back in the city then. Thinking about it, Eve's fairly sure that her mom has the contact information for the local warden, and with a warlock that's claiming to want to bathe the city in blood, that's right up. This is going to get incredibly messy very quickly.

    Either way, Eve's stance shifts subtly, hidden by her raincoat. She shifts to the balls of her feet, a tensing of the stomach and legs. Should the possessed corpse come any closer, he'll quickly find himself on the receiving end of a kick to the chest.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

    Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: Chill Winds: DFRPG Calgary IC

    "Jonathan Dumont? Hmm..." The young dragon searched his memory, a look of concentration quickly replacing his disappointed frown as he tried to recall ever hearing that name before. "I don't think so. I mean I may have heard the name before somewhere, but it's not really ringing any bells, y'know? Why? Who is the guy?"

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Chill Winds: DFRPG Calgary IC

    Hearing the car screech to a halt behind her, Miri paused for the briefest of moments to confirm Max was still in pursuit; seeing him unharmed in the middle of the road, she beckoned to him hastily and kept moving towards the building. That window must be the perch. She deeply regretted not having any of her weapons, left in her car in the parking lot of the Tim's, but if it came to a fight, she did always have her other abilities.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Heading inside the building, assuming the doors aren't locked, and finding the nearest staircase to the third floor. Gonna try to get as close to the window as possible this round.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Chill Winds: DFRPG Calgary IC

    Max

    Max waits for a break in the traffic before following Miri in the building

    (athletics right?)

    (4d3-6)[1]
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrganicEvil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2015

    Default Re: Chill Winds: DFRPG Calgary IC

    Maria:

    Chaac frowned. "I can tell you one thing more," he said. "Find the keeper of the contract. Keep him safe. Do not fail in this, wizard." Chaac returned to his contemplation of the river. "Go now. I will maintain the rain as long as I can without repeating the earlier damage. I fear it will not be long."

    (Aaaaand scene!)

    Eve:

    The creature gurgled again. "Be ready," it repeated before staggering off into the rain.

    (That's scene too, unless you want to chase it. Otherwise, go ahead and call Maria.)

    Skittles and Vivian:

    "Dumont is the leader of the White Court in this city," Ru Yi said. "He himself is a member of the Malvora family, though he tends to associate with the Raiths. Tatyana is his younger sister."

    "Earlier today, he sent out invitations to a party he'll be hosting this evening at Sky 360," Auroclixey continued. "Obviously, we cannot ourselves attend on such short notice, but we must send some sort of emissary in our place. To that end, we have chosen you: one of our kin, to show respect, and you, Vivian, to keep our kin from making a fool of himself. As you would be acting in an official capacity, you would, of course, both be compensated for your time."

    Miri:

    Miri sprinted through the building's lobby, ignoring the shouts of the fat security guard behind the desk. She could hear him, huffing and puffing, trying to keep up with her, but he hadn't even reached the first floor by the time she burst out of the stairwell on the third floor and charged down the hallway. As she reached the shooter's door, she noticed that the floor seemed entirely devoid of people. Behind the door, she could see a twisted, grey-skinned creature at the open window, peering through the sights of the sniper rifle cradled in its too-long arms, a malformed talon resting on the trigger. Hearing Miri enter, the creature turned, dropping the gun. "You should not have interfered," it hissed and launched itself at Miri, claws slashing.

    Stephen:

    "We're already on our way, sir," said the 911 operator. Indeed, Stephen can hear sirens approaching down the street. "Now, keep talking to me, sir. Remain calm. How badly are you hurt, and is there anywhere you can hide?"

    Max:

    Timing his run, Max manages to make it across the street. A sniper rifle, having fallen from the window, hits the pavement next to him as he reaches the door of the office building, breaking into pieces.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    The ghoul's Fists attack roll against Miri: (4d3-4)[2]
    Miri's Fists defense: (4d3-8)[-1]
    That's a seven stress hit. Of that, you can take three, so you'll have to take a moderate consequence as well. Fortunately, for Miri that's the equivalent of a mild. Alternately, you can reroll your defense using Athletics. The Fists was just my automatic response.
    Last edited by OrganicEvil; 2015-03-15 at 10:36 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Chill Winds: DFRPG Calgary IC

    Miri recognized the creature as soon as she caught sight of it. Ghouls. Because a human assassin wouldn't have been nasty enough. Well, at least I don't have to keep it non-lethal. Reacting with practiced reflexes as it launched itself into the hallway, she dodged to the side, rolling and coming up on one knee to turn back towards it. "And you shouldn't have targeted someone I like" she snarled back. Raising her hand toward the creature, she inhaled deeply and relaxed her shoulders, calling up Soulfire. God give me strength she implored, shaping the power to destroy her foe. Then she released it, a ray of silvery-white energy searing down the hall towards the ghoul.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Casting Soul Spear at the ghoul as a rote at 4 shifts of power.

    Discipline attack, +4 bonus:

    (1d6)[6]
    (1d6)[2]
    (1d6)[1]
    (1d6)[3]

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: Chill Winds: DFRPG Calgary IC

    Stephen feels blood wetting his shoulder as he sits behind the counter. I don't know He clings to the phone like a lifeline as he dashes through the rear exit. He falls panting next to the rear of the building, and winces when his weight rests on his shoulder. He starts babbling on the phone I'm behind the building.. oh god help me
    Last edited by Rofltrollcopter; 2015-03-15 at 11:30 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: Chill Winds: DFRPG Calgary IC

    "Oh." He responded blankly, seemingly having trouble processing what was just said. Suddenly, his previously relaxed form shot up straight with excitement as his expression suddenly became that of a person who has just reached some sort of life altering epiphany. "OH!! I see! A vampire party, huh? Can't say I've ever been to one of those before, though it sounds like it could be fun. This is one of those important Accord things, isn't it? Oh I bet Lori's gonna be so jealous once she finds out!" He cackles, thinking of the look on his poor caretakers face when she learns that he gets to go to the cool vampire party and she doesn't.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •