Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 480 of 755
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Cinder Ashborn, Pixie Harrier


    Floating in her trench, Cinder allows herself a quiet whoop as the reaper goes down. With the beast gone, she has time to consider her next target. The Thin Man on her left was a tasty target, while the heavily wounded soldier behind Aurelius could probably be taken down with a well-placed hit before he could make an attack. On her right, new enemies were charging into the room, but they were probably too far to be an immediate danger. The team should probably be able to handle the wolf-thing. She decides that the XCOM HQ personnel are probably the most likely to go down, and so she aims at the legionnaire. Her splinters fly true, and the creature drops dead.

    Moments after, her position compromised, she switches to a new set of shadows in the closest traphole.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show


    Standard:Sly Flourish @SL2
    To Hit - (1d20+10)[19] (inc. CA)
    Damage - (3d6+7)[15] (inc. Sneak Attack)

    Move: see map, and hide
    stealth - (1d20+11)[17]
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2014-07-29 at 09:00 AM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

  2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Seeing their beast fall doesn't seem to have particularly intimidated the invaders, although one of the unarmored X-Ds ducks behind a pillar.
    Undaunted, its companion raises its weapon and fires at Aurelius, while the last one runs up to Cinder and swings at the pixie with the butt of its weapon.

    Spoiler: Grunts
    Show

    SG#5
    Standard: Maintain Mental Link
    Move: Move behind the pillar

    SG#8
    Standard: Shoot at Aurelius
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[26]
    Damage: 9

    SG#3
    Move: Move up to Cinder
    Standard: Attack
    To-Hit: (1d20+6)[13]
    Damage: 4


    Aurelius grunts as the X-D's bolt finds its way into his shoulder - the reflexive doubling over from the bolt's impact actually saving his life.
    A tube-equipped X-D comes charging out of the hallway, firing a line of green fire at Aurelius.
    Thanks to his sudden movement from being shot with a bolt, the line of green fire stitches through the air over his head.

    Spoiler: Trooper
    Show

    Move: Move to indicated position
    Standard: Run and Gun vs. Aurelius, Moving behind pillar
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[20] vs Lower of AC/Reflex (-2 Cover from Barricade)
    Damage: (1d12+6)[18] Fire/Lightning



    In the hallway that Tygrin just blocked, the crossbow-wielding X-D is similarly undaunted as it fires a disk.
    A disk which explodes with a loud bang as it sails just past the manticore's head, catching Ferrum on the periphery of the disorienting flash as well!
    The manticore seems unaffected save a minor ringing in its ears, but Ferrum's vision darkens as his eyes are forced to reboot themselves.

    Spoiler: Heavy weapons
    Show

    Standard: Fire Flash Bang Disk, Area Burst 2 (Aimed at Tygrin's northwest corner, so it catches Ferrum as well)
    Damage: (2d4)[5] Thunder
    Miss: Half Damage
    Hit: Dazed and Blinded (Save Ends)

    vs. Tygrin: (1d20+5)[8] vs Fort

    vs. Ferrum: (1d20+5)[18] vs Fort


    Tygrin takes 2 damage, Ferrum takes 5 and is Blinded & Dazed (Save Ends Both)

    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show

    Thin Man #1 - 26
    X-COM - 24
    Psuedowolf #2 - 22
    -------------------------
    Khitan - 21
    ---------------------
    Vallen - 21
    Tygrin - 18
    -----------------------
    Cinder - 17
    ------------------------
    Sectoid Grunts - 14
    Sectoid Trooper #1 - 13
    Sectoid Heavy Weapons #1 - 12
    ------------------------
    Dagrun - 12
    Ferrum - 9
    Akamenos - 8
    Kaeravak - 6
    -------------------------
    Psuedowolf #1 - 7 - DELAY
    Sectoid Legionnaire #2 - 6


    DAGRUN, FERRUM, AKAMENOS, & KAERAVAK ARE UP!
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2014-07-30 at 05:06 AM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Grunting as he snaps the end of the bolt off from his shoulder, Aurelius glances back into the command center.

    "Are all of the records destroyed yet!? Are we good to go!?"

    An affirmative is yelled back from within, as Aurelius nods before looking around at the scattered bodies all around the chamber and shakes his head as X-Ds continue to relentlessly pour into the room.

    "They will keep coming until we're all dead . . ."

    The Old Man mutters as another fresh wave of faint tremors passes through the mountain - more of the invaders' drop pods burrowing into the stone. The commander takes a deep breath and then yells out his fateful order.

    "X-COM! Form up! WE ARE LEAVING!"
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  4. - Top - End - #454
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2008

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Gesturing frantically at his CO behind the barricades in an attempt to get his attention, Kaeravak shouts at the besieged general:

    "Run your boys over to the hangar, we'll cover for you!"

    He then sprints towards the northwest exit, dagger erupting in flame as it discharges another pulse of cutting heat at the nearby 'pseudowolf', severing the x-ray in two with a grotesque crackling hiss of disintegrated flesh. Satisfied, the pyromancer addresses his squadmates:

    "One more down. Aka, Dagrun, see what you can do about our friend in the corridor."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Round 2

    Move Action: Move to indicated positon on map; making 1 jump (autosuccess vs DC 10 with running jump). Stealth check: (1d20-1)[12]

    Standard Action: Elemental Bolt (Fire)
    Attack vs PW2 Reflex:
    (1d20+8)[28] (+1 due to Magic Weapon)
    Hit Effect (PW2): (1d12+11)[23] + (1d6)[6] fire damage. (+2 from MW)


    Contingencies:

    Free Action: Infernal Wrath
    Trigger:
    Kaeravak takes damage from a creature within 10 squares of him
    Target: Close burst 10 (triggering enemy within the burst)
    Effect: Kaeravak deals 1d6+5 fire damage to the triggering creature.

    Immediate Interrupt: Guardian's Counter
    Trigger:
    An ally within 2 squares of you is hit by an attack that doesn't include you as a target
    Effect: Kaeravak and the triggering ally shift 2 squares as a free action, swapping positions. Kaeravak becomes the target of the triggering attack in place of the ally. After the attack is resolved, Kaeravak can make a basic attack against the attacker.

  5. - Top - End - #455
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Deadline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Necro-equestrian Pugilism
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Dagrun, Dwarf Cleric

    Dagrun whirls around when Professor Vallen takes a hit from the newly arrived Thin Man. His angry shout is drowned out by the explosion from the heavy weapon trooper, and he raises his holy symbol up to smite the sneaking X-D. Radiant fire lances out towards the Thin Man. The fire lashes around the cover the Thin Man is hiding in, and a beam of radiant light arcs over to Ferrum.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Standard: Sacred Flame on Thin Man #1. +5 vs. Reflex (1d20+5)[16]

    Hit: (1d6+4)[8] radiant damage, and Ferrum chooses either to gain 2 temporary hitpoints equal or make a saving throw.
    Last edited by Deadline; 2014-07-30 at 05:25 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

    Signature of Holding

  6. - Top - End - #456
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Irish Musician's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A Pub Near You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Ferrum, Reforged Satyr Warden
    Ferrum tries to sneak around and flank the aliens, but it seems that this isn't his day for luck. He hears a "clang clang" and looks down to see a flash bang land between him and Tygrin. "Oh shi-" *BANG* and Ferrum is blinded and not able move like before. He staggers around for a moment and does his best to try and recover. When he opens his eyes all he sees is white and stars....however his memory serves him well and he does remember an enemy being next to his small friend. Ferrum charges the alien at full speed, shield out in front of him, hoping beyond hope that the shield connects with the alien......and he doesn't fall on his face.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    Standard - Bull Rush on SG3 (1d20+5)[19] VS ref/fort, push the alien into the pit.
    Save - please oh please oh please (1d20)[5]
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

    DMing:

    Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

    My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

    LGBTA+ Ally

  7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Unhooking a vial from his belt, Akamenos tosses it to Vallen. As the elven professor drinks it, her wounds are healed, although she is still breathing heavily.
    The tiefling arcanist then moves to join Kaeravak in the hallway, hefting his crossbow and firing a bolt into the chest of the former X-COM operative.

    Spoiler: Akamenos
    Show

    Minor: Healing Infusion on Vallen (she heals 9)
    Move: Move to indicated position on the map
    Standard: Magic Weapon vs. Thin Man #1
    To-Hit: (1d20+8)[11]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[12]
    Hit: Kaeravak gains +1 To-Hit, +2 Damage


    (Akamenos missed, unfortunately)

    At the same time, apparently able to see Cinder straight through the floor, the other freakish hound darts across the chamber with pinpoint accuracy, shifting its head through the floor to emerge from the wall right next to the pixie and snap at her wings! The unfortunate pixie is nearly bit in half by the creature's bony, slavering jaws, and collapses to the floor of the pit, 10' down.

    Spoiler: Psuedowolf
    Show

    Move: Move into position to charge, ignoring difficult/blocking terrain
    Standard: Charge Cinder
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[23]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[13]
    Hit: Cinder is knocked Prone (falling to Altitude-2, no damage)


    (Cinder takes 13 damage and is knocked Prone)

    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show

    Thin Man #1 - 26
    X-COM - 24
    -------------------------
    Khitan - 21
    ---------------------
    Vallen - 21
    Tygrin - 18
    -----------------------
    Cinder - 17
    ------------------------
    Sectoid Grunts - 14
    Sectoid Trooper #1 - 13
    Sectoid Heavy Weapons #1 - 12
    ------------------------
    Dagrun - 12
    Ferrum - 9
    Akamenos - 8
    Kaeravak - 6
    -------------------------
    Psuedowolf #1 - 7 - DELAY
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2014-08-01 at 08:06 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    The back end of the chamber begins to glow red hot, and then the rock explodes outward in an eruption of green fire!
    As the dust and debris clears, a towering ogre-sized X-D in jungle green plate mail stands in the freshly made tunnel.
    It sweeps its equally massive tube up, brandishing the impressive weapon at the group, but only summons a high-pitched whine from it.
    With a bestial grunt, the X-D tosses the tube to the ground and draws its back-up weapon from a thigh sheath - what is a combat knife to it but is nearly as big as a falchion to a man!
    With footfalls that cause tremors throughout the chamber, the intimidating X-D lumbers forward menacingly, only to be greeted by a whistle from Aurelius.

    "Hey, ugly! You want to kill X-COM?"

    The Old Man spreads his arms wide.

    "Here I am. Come get me."

    Whether the beast can understand Aurelius or not, it seems to recognize him as the leader, and with a bestial cry it charges forward. From his side, Aurelius charges towards it as well.

    "I'll handle this one! The rest of you get out of here!"

    Behind the X-D commander, several converted X-COM operatives begin moving forward, twirling lightweight blades in their hands, with half a doze unarmored X-Ds coming in behind them.

    Spoiler: Initiative Rolls
    Show

    Muton - (1d20+7)[25]
    Thin Man Slasher #1 - (1d20+6)[22]
    Thin Man Slahser #2 - (1d20+6)[13]
    Grunts, Wave #2 - (1d20+2)[11]


    (The Muton is a *real* level 10 brute. It's focused on Aurelius at the moment due to his impromptu taunt, but it *will* run over and one-shot you if you happen to piss it off. Handle with care.)
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Relentless, the converted X-COM operative races past the two tieflings, hefting its crossbow and firing a bolt at Vallen's chest from point-blank range.
    Only the professor's ability to predict the attack and have a barrier of mental energy ready to telekinetically deflect the bolt away at the last instant saves her.

    Spoiler: Thin Man
    Show

    Recharge: (1d6)[3]
    Move: Running past Kaeravak & Akamenos, provoking OAs from both.

    ---If Recharge Roll is 5 or 6------
    Minor: Poison Spit vs Vallen
    To-Hit: (1d20+5)[17] vs Fort
    Damage: (1d4+4)[7] Poison
    Hit: Ongoing 5 Poison (Save Ends, -2 Penalty)
    --------------------------------------

    Standard: Shooting Vallen
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[12]
    Damage: (1d10+5)[6]
    Hit: If Target is Taking Ongoing Poison Damage, Increase by 3


    At the same time, the Muton and Aurelius meet in the middle. With a roar the massive X-D brings its falchion-sized "knife" crashing down at the Old Man, but the wily eladrin blinks of existence, re-appearing to one side of the blade before delivering a rapid series of strikes to the enemy leader's chest before blinking out of existence again to reappear behind him for a final blow to its back! (The Muton takes 61 damage total)

    Spoiler: Muton
    Show

    Move: Move to center of the room, moving past Ferrum (feel free to take an OA)
    Standard: Ready an action to attack Aurelius (technically they're both charging each other, but mechanically this is how it works. )
    Brutal Blade:
    To-Hit: (1d20+15)[21]
    Damage: (4d8+5)[23]


    Spoiler: Aurelius
    Show

    Move: Move to center of the room, "charging" the Muton
    Standard: Teleporting Assault on the Muton
    To-Hit: (1d20+15)[31]
    Damage: (2d10+4)[16] (Plus 5 Vulnerability)

    ACTION POINT!

    Splitting Feint
    Effect: Aurelius makes an attack, and then teleports to the other side of the target before attacking again. He gives himself flanking for the second attack.
    To-Hit: (1d20+15)[34]
    Damage: (2d10+4)[10] (Plus 5 Vulnerability)

    To-Hit: (1d20+17)[24]
    Damage: (2d10+4)[20] (Plus 5 Vulnerability)



    As the two leaders clash in the middle of the chamber, the X-COM operatives and communications officers come dashing out of the command center, abandoning it after so many of your comrades died to hold it. Inspired by his leader's example, one of the operatives breaks off with a harsh cry of "X-COM!", charging at the X-Ds hiding behind the distant pillar. Another charges forward to join his commander, thrusting at the X-D's massive leader. Two others sweep around as if to try and flank the X-D leader, while the last two obey orders and head towards the group clustered around the tunnel leading back to the Research Center.

    Both brave operative's spears bite in deep to their opponents.

    (SG#5 dies, as does SG#8 due to mental link cascade. MUTON! takes 9 damage total)


    Spoiler: X-COM
    Show


    Operative #1, #2, #3, #4
    Double Move

    Operative #5
    Move & Charge SG#5
    To-Hit: (1d20+8)[23]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[5]

    Operative #6
    Move & Charge MUTON!
    To-Hit: (1d20+8)[27]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[4] (Plus 5 Vulnerability)

    Communications Officer #1
    Double Move

    Communications Officer #2
    Double Move

    Communications Officer #3
    Double Move



    While all of this is going on, one of the gaunt X-Ds charges out of the makeshift tunnel at Ferrum, spitting poison at him before running past and slashing at him!
    The poison lands right in the reforged satyr's eyes, blinding him yet again, but the invader's blades only scratch off his armor.

    (Ferrum takes 6 Poison damage and is Blinded and Has Ongoing 3 Poison (Save Ends Both, -2 Penalty)

    Spoiler: Thin Man Slasher #1
    Show

    Move: Move out into the chamber
    Minor: Blinding Spittle vs. Ferrum
    To-Hit: (1d20+5)[22] vs Reflex
    Damage: (1d4+4)[6] Poison
    Hit: Target is Blinded and Takes Ongoing 3 Poison (Save Ends, -2 Penalty)

    Standard: Slash and Run vs. Ferrum
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[12] (+2 if Ferrum is Blind)
    Damage: (1d8+5)[6]
    Extra Damage (if Ferrum is Blind): (1d6)[3]


    Battle-Map


    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show

    Thin Man#1-26
    Muton-25
    X-COM-24
    Thin Man Slasher#1-22
    -------------------------
    Khitan-21
    ---------------------
    Vallen-21
    Tygrin-18
    -----------------------
    Cinder-17
    ------------------------
    Sectoid Grunts-14
    Sectoid Trooper#1-13
    ThinMan Slahser#2-13
    Sectoid Heavy Weapons#1-12
    Grunts, Wave#2-11
    ------------------------
    Dagrun-12
    Ferrum-9
    Akamenos-8
    Kaeravak-6
    -------------------------
    Psuedowolf#1-7-DELAY


    KHITAN IS UP!
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2014-08-01 at 09:10 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  10. - Top - End - #460
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2008

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Kaeravak takes an opportunistic swing at the passing Thin Man, the motion clumsy, betraying an atrophy of martial training as his blade goes wide.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Opportunity Action: Melee Basic vs TM1 AC: (1d20+4)[10]
    Damage: (1d4)[3] !!

  11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Akamenos takes a swing with the butt of his crossbow.

    Spoiler: OA
    Show

    To-Hit: (1d20+0)[3]
    Damage: (1d3)[1]
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Spoiler: Retcon Attacks
    Show

    XO#1 vs. psuedowolf
    To-Hit: (1d20+8)[21] (+1 Charge)
    Damage: (1d6+2)[7]

    XO#2 vs. Trooper
    To-Hit: (1d20+8)[11] (+1 Charge)
    Damage: (1d6+2)[5]
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Azktor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Brazil (GMT-3)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Khitan Godspeaker, Deva Invoker

    Khitan send some blood visages to the enemies.


    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Standard: Visions of Blood vs Will
    Attack vs TM1 (1d20+5)[22]
    Attack vs Kaev (1d20+5)[7]

    Damage: (1d6+4)[7]

    Hit: -1 defenses

    Move: Down-Left

    Contingency: Shield of Devotion, probably to Cinder if she get's another hit.

  14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Vallen joins in the assault on the Thin Man while carefully circling around towards the south.

    Spoiler: Vallen
    Show

    To-Hit: (1d20+10)[27] vs Will
    Damage: (1d10+5)[9]


    Tygrin, meanwhile, lands in front of the crossbow-carrying X-D, making a show of licking his lips.

    "I'm gonna ****ing EAT YOU."

    Spoiler: Tygrin
    Show

    Charge
    To-Hit: (1d20+15)[23]
    Damage: (2d10+10)[16]





    Battle-Map

    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show

    Thin Man#1-26
    Muton-25
    X-COM-24
    Thin Man Slasher#1-22
    -------------------------
    Khitan-21
    ---------------------
    Vallen-21
    Tygrin-18
    -----------------------
    Cinder-17
    ------------------------
    Sectoid Grunts-14
    Sectoid Trooper#1-13
    ThinMan Slahser#2-13
    Sectoid Heavy Weapons#1-12
    Grunts, Wave#2-11
    ------------------------
    Dagrun-12
    Ferrum-9
    Akamenos-8
    Kaeravak-6
    -------------------------
    Psuedowolf#1-7-DELAY


    CINDER IS UP!
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Cinder Ashborn, Pixie Harrier


    Cinder somersaults as the creatures swipe sends her tumbling to the bottom of the pit, barely managing to land on her feet. With a wing almost torn off from the attack, Cinder considers her options. With a grimace, she lets her sword fall to the ground, she grabs the potion she collected from the transport, and downs it in one. The magical liquid closes her wounds instantly, and her wings start fluttering again. She raises herself back to the edge of the pit, this time staying away from the creature.

    She peeks over the edge, and spies Khitan's attack, noticing that it has left the ex-human open for an attack. What with the creature clearly hurt, and nevertheless being in the way of Kae and Akamenos' way, she decides to risk it. Thankfully, while her shot is not ideal, it is still just enough to send the creature tumbling down.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Free: Drop sword
    Minor: retrieve and drink the healing potion: +10 HP, -1HS (2 left)
    Move: 1 square into the air (see map). Still hidden from last time (enough to have CA)

    Standard: Sly Flourish Gloaming Cut @TM1
    To Hit AC - (1d20+11)[18] (inc. CA and defence penalty)
    Damage - (3d6+7)[15] (inc. Sneak Attack) (ETA: -7 from switch to Gloaming Cut)
    Effect: shift to Alt-2 and hide (See OOC)

    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2014-08-06 at 10:41 PM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

  16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    As Cinder's bolt strikes the creature in the temple, it disintegrates, obscuring Kaeravak in a cloud of noxious vapors.

    Spoiler: Death Reaction
    Show

    vs Kaeravak
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[21] vs Fortitude
    Damage: (1d4+4)[7]
    Hit: Target takes Ongoing 5 Poison (Save Ends, -2 Penalty)
    Effect: Create a 3x3 zone of poison vapors. The vapors block line of sight (but not line of effect), providing total concealment to anyone inside a square or behind it relative to people trying to look through it. Targets entering the zone or ending their turn inside of it gain Ongoing 5 Poison (auto-hits, Save Ends, -2 Penalty)
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  17. - Top - End - #467
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2008

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Coughing and sputtering as the sudden rush of toxic smoke hits his nostrils, Kaeravak shakes his head as though to clear it, attempting ward off the noxious poison.

    "I'll be fine... the way is clear... get moving!"

  18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    The tube-equipped X-D backs away from the pillar, firing point-blank into the chest of one of the X-COM soldiers while continuing to backpedal, taking up a defensive position in front of the tunnel leading to the hangar bay.
    Amazingly, the man's armor protects him enough that he's still standing.

    Spoiler: Trooper
    Show

    Move: Shift back 1 square
    Standard: Run and Gun
    To-Hit: (1d20+8)[27] vs Lower of AC/Reflex
    Damage: (1d12+6)[14] Lightning/Fire


    (Operative #2 takes 14 damage, is Bloodied)

    The second Thin Man in the tunnel emerges to spit a glob of saliva at the Old Man, and then runs past Ferrum, slashing at the satyr as it goes past.

    Spoiler: Thin Man Slasher
    Show

    Move: Move to tunnel mouth
    Minor: Spit at Old Man
    To-Hit: (1d20+5)[22] vs Reflex
    Damage: (1d4+4)[6] Poison
    Hit: Target is Blinded and Takes Ongoing 3 Poison (Save Ends, -2 Penalty)
    Standard: Slash and Run vs. Ferrum
    To-Hit: (1d20+9)[26]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[7]
    Sneak Attack: (1d6)[4]


    (Misses Old Man, hits Ferrum for 11 damage)

    Having little choice in the matter, the heavy weapons X-D backpedals, hefting its crossbow and firing point-blank into Tygrin's face.
    Spoiler: Heavy Weapons
    Show

    Move: Shift back
    Standard: Explosive Charge (aimed at back square of Tygrin)
    To-Hit: (1d20+6)[21] vs Reflex
    Damage: (1d6+7)[11] Fire
    Hit: Target is Pushed 1 square and Knocked Prone

    Tygrin's reaction (-2 from being prone)
    To-Hit: (1d20+13)[21]
    Damage: (2d8+4)[17]


    (Misses Tygrin, nothing happens)

    Waiting for its friends, the grunt at the edge of the pit pushes itself up as the other unarmored X-Ds organize themselves.
    Two hang back in the tunnel, linking up with their comrades, while the second two charge forth.
    One snaps off a shot at Ferrum, while the other continues the mind link with the prone one, which stands up and fires down at Cinder.
    Thankfully, both shots miss, and in its haste to shoot at the pixie, the unarmored X-D provokes the wrath of blinded Ferrum.

    (Ferrum gets a free OA against SG#3 - although it's shielded and Ferrum is still Blind at this point, so . . . )

    Spoiler: Grunts
    Show

    SG#11
    Mental Link on #9

    SG#12
    Mental Link on #10

    SG#9
    Move up
    Mental Link on #3

    SG#10
    Move Up
    Shoot at Ferrum
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[10]
    Damage: 9

    SG#3
    Stand Up
    Shoot at Cinder (provoking OA from blinded Ferrum if he's still up)
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[14]
    Damage: 9




    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show

    Muton-25
    X-COM-24
    Thin Man Slasher#1-22
    -------------------------
    Khitan-21
    ---------------------
    Vallen-21
    Tygrin-18
    -----------------------
    Cinder-17
    ------------------------
    Sectoid Trooper#1-13
    Thin Man Slahser#2-13
    Sectoid Heavy Weapons#1-12
    Sectoid Grunts-14 DELAY, Merging initiative with other group (if still alive next turn)
    Grunts, Wave#2-11
    ------------------------
    Dagrun-12
    Ferrum-9
    Akamenos-8
    Kaeravak-6
    -------------------------
    Psuedowolf#1-7-DELAY


    DAGRUN, FERRUM, AKAMENOS, & KAERAVAK ARE UP!
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2014-08-06 at 10:15 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  19. - Top - End - #469
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2008

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Continuing to cough and wretch, Kaeravak gracelessly ambles towards the central melee as the poison continues to take its toll, settling into a heavy lean against the hastily arrayed wood of the barricades. Steadying his weapon, his eyes just barely glimpse a target of opportunity.

    "I'll lay down some covering fire on the midgets to the north! See if you can help me out Aka, need another hit of your enhancers!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Round 3


    Start: Kaeravak takes 2 poison damage (-3 due to Resist 3 All vs Ongoing from Superior Fortitude).


    Move Action: Move to indicated positon on map; making 1 jump (autosuccess vs DC 10 with running jump). Stealth: (1d20-1)[17]


    Standard Action: Ready Action to attack when Akamenos uses Magic Weapon.


    Saving Throw vs Poison: (1d20-2)[5]


    Contingencies:

    Free Action: Infernal Wrath
    Trigger:
    Kaeravak takes damage from a creature within 10 squares of him
    Target: Close burst 10 (triggering enemy within the burst)
    Effect: Kaeravak deals 1d6+5 fire damage to the triggering creature.

    Immediate Interrupt: Guardian's Counter
    Trigger:
    An ally within 2 squares of you is hit by an attack that doesn't include you as a target
    Effect: Kaeravak and the triggering ally shift 2 squares as a free action, swapping positions. Kaeravak becomes the target of the triggering attack in place of the ally. After the attack is resolved, Kaeravak can make a basic attack against the attacker.

  20. - Top - End - #470
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Irish Musician's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A Pub Near You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Ferrum, Reforged Satyr Warden
    Just as Ferrum seems to be recovering from the flash-bang, one of the aliens runs towards him, spitting at him before it does. The spit lands in Ferrum's eyes, blinding him again, and causing him to let out a scream. Lucky, the blade meant for Ferrum misses him and just hits on his metal ribs, not harming him. It tends to take a bit for Ferrum to get angry......but this seems to be his breaking point. "That's it!" He yells at the room. "I AM TIRED OF THESE MOTHER****ING ALIENS.....IN THIS MOTHER****ING HQ!!!" He then swings his arms out wide and lets out a primal yell, echoing in the room. The deep green spirits start to swirl around him and engulf him. A burst of energy shoots forth from him and when you look at him his skin, the parts that are left anyway, have changed into what looks like stone. He then swings his sword at the nearest alien, the smelly bastard next to him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    Minor - Warforged Resolve - Gain 3 THP & 3 HP & save (1d20-2)[6]
    Minor - Form of Mountain's Thunder, You assume the guardian form of mountain's thunder until the end of the encounter. While you are in this form, you gain resist 3 to all damage and a +1 bonus to AC. Once per round when you hit an enemy with a melee attack, each enemy marked by you takes thunder damage equal to your Strength modifier.
    Free - Mark SG3, if either attack hit, I deal him 4 damage
    Standard - Thorn Strike on TMS 1 (1d20+7)[19] (-5 for blinded, unless the above save is successful)
    Damage - (1d8+4)[9], and I pull the Thin Man next to me and Mark him as a free action
    No Action - Inevitable Strike (1d20+7)[11] (-5 for blinded, unless the above save is successful)
    Damage - If both hit, an extra (1d8)[8]

    alright, hopefully this all works out *crosses fingers* No idea why I expected anything out of this other than whiffs.
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2014-08-09 at 08:54 AM.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

    DMing:

    Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

    My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

    LGBTA+ Ally

  21. - Top - End - #471
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Deadline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Necro-equestrian Pugilism
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Dagrun, Dwarf Cleric

    Dagrun watches as the giant X-D rampages through the center of the room, and sees his companions doing their best to hold the line. He shakes his head, and plows through one of the spiked barricades. He comes up just short of the giant X-D, and turns to shout, "Tygrin! Get yer spikey arse out here and help us get the evac underway! If ye die and they make me pull the transport outta here, I swear by Moradin's beard I'll figure out a way to bring ye back to life just so I can kill ye again!"

    With that, the dwarf holds his holy symbol up with one hand, takes a knee, and brings his warhammer down on the stone floor. There is a ringing like a hammer striking an anvil, and a burst of white light explodes around him. His wounds from the barricade and the wounds of his nearby allies slowly stitch together, and when the healing energy strikes the nearby enemies, it tries to sap their strength.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move to indicated position. He takes 5 damage, but then heals it with his standard action.
    Standard: Beacon of Hope (Daily) - Close Burst 3
    Attack Muton vs. Will: (1d20+5)[19]
    Attack TMS1 vs. Will: (1d20+5)[11]
    Hit: The target is Weakened until the end of its next turn.
    Effect: Dagrun, Khitan, Kaeravak, XO6, and "The Old Man" regain 5 hitpoints, and Dagruns healing powers restore +5 hitpoints until the end of the encounter.

    Minor: Healing Word on Ferrum.
    Effect: Ferrum can spend a healing surge to heal his surge value + (1d6+9)[13]
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

    Signature of Holding

  22. - Top - End - #472
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Hircine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Akamenos - [XCOM Command Center]

    Lifting his leather armor so it covers his nose, Akamenos dashes through the cloud of toxin left by the deceased X-D and takes up a position beside Kaeravak. Peeking out from behind the safety of the barricade he fires a magically enhanced bolt of energy at one of the tall, gaunt X-D's. His aim is true and the projectile buries itself into the creature's shoulder.

    Akamenos Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Move to Location on Map
    Standard: Attack TMS2 with Magic weapon
    Attack Roll: (1d20+9)[28]
    Damage: (1d8+6)[10]
    Effect: On Hit Adjacent Allies gain +1 to Attack Rolls and +2 Damage Rolls
    Last edited by Hircine; 2014-08-11 at 09:18 PM.
    Currently DMing:

    Adventures in the Nentir Vale: IC OOC GS

    Valiant Hearts: IC OOC GS

    Currently Playing:


    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    EXACTLY 12 NOON.
    Like a boss, Hircine, like a boss.

  23. - Top - End - #473
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2008

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Acting on cue when his implement flares alight by the strange, distinctive glow of Akamenos' magic, Kaeravak sends a burning salvo out towards the north. Though the alien shields are initially effective, a relentless tide of fire overpowers one of the two in moments, darts of liquid fire carbonizing exposed flesh in an instant after its flickering aura fades for the last time.

    "Fighting retreat; we are cutting our losses and pulling out! That means you too Tygrin! Withdraw and do whatever damage you can; you'll have more to eat when we get out of this mess."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Round 3

    Immediate Action (Readied Action): Ignition
    Attack vs SG3 Fortitude:
    (1d20+9)[10] (+1 due to Magic Weapon, +2 due to CA from Stealth) Not actually a target; dies via Mind Link
    Attack vs SG9 Fortitude: (1d20+9)[25] (+1 due to Magic Weapon, +2 due to CA from Stealth)
    Attack vs SG10 Fortitude: (1d20+9)[11] (+1 due to Magic Weapon, +2 due to CA from Stealth)
    Hit Effect (SG9): (1d10+11)[15] fire damage. (+2 from Magic Weapon)
    Effect: The burst creates a zone that lasts until the start of Kaeravak's next turn. Any creature that enters the zone or ends its turn there takes 2 fire damage. A creature can take this damage only once per turn.


    Contingencies:

    Free Action: Infernal Wrath
    Trigger:
    Kaeravak takes damage from a creature within 10 squares of him
    Target: Close burst 10 (triggering enemy within the burst)
    Effect: Kaeravak deals 1d6+5 fire damage to the triggering creature.

    Immediate Interrupt: Guardian's Counter
    Trigger:
    An ally within 2 squares of you is hit by an attack that doesn't include you as a target
    Effect: Kaeravak and the triggering ally shift 2 squares as a free action, swapping positions. Kaeravak becomes the target of the triggering attack in place of the ally. After the attack is resolved, Kaeravak can make a basic attack against the attacker.


  24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    With a gurgling whine, the invaders' strange dog motions like it is digging, before sinking down into the floor.
    It re-appears down in the bottom of the pit with Cinder, stepping out of the wall beside her like a ghost.
    The creature is very much real, however, as its teeth snap at the pixie, Cinder only just managing to avoid being caught in its jaws once more!

    Spoiler: Psuedowolf
    Show

    Move: Move down through the floor and into the pit with Cinder. This provokes an OA, but since the square it's moving out of is a solid wall, it has superior cover (-5) versus the OA.
    Standard: Bite vs. Cinder
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[13]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[9]
    Hit: Cinder is Knocked Prone


    (Cinder may make an OA at a -5 penalty due to superior cover as the pseudowolf comes out of the wall right next to her.)

    From the hallways, the group can hear the sound of more X-D flooding towards the command center from the side tunnels.

    Spoiler: Initiatives
    Show

    Grunts, Part Trois - (1d20+2)[7]
    Ichoroids - (1d20+2)[22]
    Sectoid Legionnaire #3 - (1d20+4)[18]
    Sectoid Legionnaire #4 - (1d20+4)[9]
    Pseudowolf #3 - (1d20+3)[12]
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2014-08-12 at 05:28 AM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    As the converted X-D comes up behind the Old Man, Aurelius doesn't seem to notice the creature.
    As it pulls its blade back for a stab at the commander's back, however, he briefly whirls and jabs an elbow into the creature's face, snapping the shades over its eyes and causing it to stagger back a step.
    That moment of distraction was all the opening the massive X-D needed, however, as it hefts its "combat knife" with a roar!

    Spoiler: Muton
    Show

    Brutal Strike, with Flanking
    To-Hit: (1d20+17)[25]
    Damage: (4d8+5)[21]


    (Miss.)

    The creature is distracted by the light that washes over the Old Man from Dagrun's spell, fortunately, and the heavy blade crashes into the floor just to Aurelius's left. A moment later he blinks out of his current position, only to reappear beside the tall armored X-D as he slices at the back of its knees.

    "I thought I told you to get out of here! Go!"

    The Old Man shouts at the X-COM operative stubbornly fighting alongside him against the X-D.

    "Sir! We are not leaving your side, sir!"

    The grunt yells back as he also stabs at the creature with his spear.

    Spoiler: Aurelius
    Show

    Standard Action: Teleporting Assault vs. Muton (Vulnerability 5 still in effect)
    To-Hit: (1d20+15)[23]
    Damage: (2d10+9)[22] (Vulnerability included this time)


    (Another hit for 22 damage.)

    Meanwhile, the other operatives surround the tube-wielding X-D and stab at it from all directions, and the last operative moves to engage the "loose" converted X-D, while the three communication officers decide now was as good of a time as any to give up their only weapons, and throw their daggers at the same creature.

    Spoiler: X-COM
    Show

    Operative #1
    Move: Move up to Thin Man #2 and attack
    To-Hit: (1d20+8)[19]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[4]

    Operative #2, #3, #4, #5
    Move into flanking and attack the Trooper
    #2
    To-Hit: (1d20+10)[14]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[6]
    #3
    To-Hit: (1d20+10)[20]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[3]
    #4
    To-Hit: (1d20+10)[23]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[5]
    #5
    To-Hit: (1d20+10)[23]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[4]

    Operative #6
    Move: Shift into flanking again, and attack Muton
    To-Hit: (1d20+10)[12]
    Damage: (1d6+7)[13] (Vulnerability included)

    Communication Officer #1, #2, #3
    Standard: Throw dagger at Thin Man Slasher #2
    Move: Go hide in a corner and pray

    #1
    To-Hit: (1d20+8)[28]
    Damage: 5

    #2
    To-Hit: (1d20+8)[24]
    Damage: 5

    #3
    To-Hit: (1d20+8)[16]
    Damage: 5


    (Muton is missed, Slasher #2 takes 19 damage, Trooper takes 12)
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2014-08-12 at 05:50 AM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    As the man's spear glances off of the X-D leader's armor, the creature turns to him, glaring down at him as it towers over the man.
    With a roar, it thumps its chest intimidatingly, causing the man to panic and flee!

    "No!" Aurelius shouts, but he is no late as the massive X-D hefts its blade once more and slashes into the man's retreating back - Dagrun's magic being the only thing that saves the man's life!

    Spoiler: Muton Reaction
    Show

    Immediate Reaction
    Trigger: Muton is missed by an attack

    Intimidate
    To-Hit: (1d20+12)[24] vs Will
    Hit: Target up to its speed in a direct line away from the Muton. It must move further away, and the squares must be in a straight line except if terrain is blocking the path (i.e. no avoiding enemies).
    This movement provokes OAs.

    OA from Muton
    To-Hit: (1d20+15)[25]
    Damage: (4d8+5)[25] (Halved from Weakened)
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    As the man flees past the converted X-D, its blades flash out as well, but they bounce off of the man's armor.

    Spoiler: Slasher's OA
    Show

    To-Hit: (1d20+9)[14]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[8]
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2014-08-12 at 06:02 AM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Determined to get his man, so to speak, the converted X-D races at Aurelius, and then past the eladrin warrior, slashing him as it goes.
    It then moves after the fleeing X-COM operatives, and its path takes it past Ferrum . . . who is no longer blinded and crippled.

    Spoiler: Thin Man
    Show

    Recharge: (1d6)[3]
    Slash & Run vs. Aurelius
    To-Hit: (1d20+9)[10]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[7]
    Move: Move towards X-COM operatives


    (Provokes an OA from Ferrum)



    Battle-Map

    Spoiler: Initiatives
    Show

    Muton-25
    X-COM-24
    Thin Man Slasher#1-22
    -------------------------
    Khitan-21
    ---------------------
    Ichoroids - 22 - DELAY
    Vallen-21
    Tygrin-18
    Sectoid Legionnaire #3 - 18
    -----------------------
    Cinder-17
    ------------------------
    Sectoid Trooper#1-13
    Thin Man Slahser#2-13
    Sectoid Heavy Weapons#1-12
    Sectoid Grunts-14 DELAY, Merging initiative with other group (if still alive next turn)
    Pseudowolf #3 - 12
    Grunts, Wave#2-11
    Sectoid Legionnaire #4 - 9
    ------------------------
    Dagrun-12
    Ferrum-9
    Akamenos-8
    Kaeravak-6
    -------------------------
    Psuedowolf#1-7-DELAY
    Grunts, Part Trois - 7 - DELAY


    KHITAN IS UP!
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Seeing the a wave of living ooze crawling his way, Tygrin hisses as he recoils back.

    "Ugh, I hate these damn things!"

    The manticore growls as he tries to back away, but he's too slow as the ooze races forward and leaps onto him!

    Battle-Map

    Spoiler: Ichoroids
    Show

    Ichoroid #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6
    Move: Move Forward
    Standard: Charge Tygrin
    #1
    To-Hit: (1d20+5)[14] vs Reflex
    Damage: 3
    Hit Location: (1d10)[6] (Tygrin has a number of more hit locations)

    #2
    To-Hit: (1d20+5)[23] vs Reflex
    Damage: 3
    Hit Location: (1d10)[5] (Tygrin has a number of more hit locations)

    #3
    To-Hit: (1d20+5)[8] vs Reflex
    Damage: 3
    Hit Location: (1d10)[7] (Tygrin has a number of more hit locations)

    #4
    To-Hit: (1d20+5)[10] vs Reflex
    Damage: 3
    Hit Location: (1d10)[2] (Tygrin has a number of more hit locations)

    #5
    To-Hit: (1d20+5)[17] vs Reflex
    Damage: 3
    Hit Location: (1d10)[8] (Tygrin has a number of more hit locations)

    #6
    To-Hit: (1d20+5)[8] vs Reflex
    Damage: 3
    Hit Location: (1d10)[8] (Tygrin has a number of more hit locations)

    Tygrin Reaction Shot to being hit (First Ichoroid to hit)
    To-Hit: (1d20+15)[28]
    Damage: (2d8+4)[12]


    The first glob that leaps at the manticore gets shot out of mid-air by a barb from his tail.

    "COME ON!"

    (The others are crawling along the walls and ceiling, hence why they can all get in at him.)

    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show

    Muton-25
    X-COM-24
    Thin Man Slasher#1-22
    Ichoroids - 22
    -------------------------
    Khitan-21
    ---------------------
    Vallen-21
    Tygrin-18
    Sectoid Legionnaire #3 - 18
    -----------------------
    Cinder-17
    ------------------------
    Sectoid Trooper#1-13
    Thin Man Slahser#2-13
    Sectoid Heavy Weapons#1-12
    Sectoid Grunts-14 DELAY, Merging initiative with other group (if still alive next turn)
    Pseudowolf #3 - 12
    Grunts, Wave#2-11
    Sectoid Legionnaire #4 - 9
    ------------------------
    Dagrun-12
    Ferrum-9
    Akamenos-8
    Kaeravak-6
    -------------------------
    Psuedowolf#1-7-DELAY
    Grunts, Part Trois - 7 - DELAY


    KHITAN IS UP!
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2014-08-12 at 07:55 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Advancing cautiously around the pit and giving the giant X-D a wide berth, Khitan touches the circlet on his head, activating it.

    "Let's hope this works . . . "

    The deva mutters as he raises a hand, trying to shoot a trio of rays of holy light at the distant unarmored X-Ds hanging back in the tunnel.
    There is a momentary flicker, and then three empowered rays shoot out of his hand as the circlet flares to glowing life!

    (Couldn't see any way for Khitan to stay at least 1 square away from the Muton, not run, and still not have to shoot through the Muton to get at the grunts.)

    Spoiler
    Show

    vs. SG#11
    To-Hit: (1d20+3)[11] (-2 Cover from Muton)
    Damage: (1d4+4)[6]

    vs. SG#12
    To-Hit: (1d20+3)[14] (-2 Cover from Muton)
    Damage: (1d4+4)[8]

    vs. TMS#2
    To-Hit: (1d20+5)[12] +6 from Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes, so that's a hit.
    Damage: (1d4+4)[8]


    For a moment it looks like the bolt will miss the closest target, the converted X-COM agent, but Khitan expertly twists the bolt at the last moment, turning it directly into the creature's forehead and vaporizing most of its head. The creature explodes into a cloud of noxious gas in response.
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2014-08-14 at 08:28 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •