Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Results 481 to 510 of 755
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Spoiler: Death Reaction
    Show

    vs. X-COM Operative #1
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[18] vs Fortitude
    Damage: (1d4+4)[8] Poison
    Hit: Target takes Ongoing 5 Poison (Save Ends, -2 Penalty)
    Effect: Create a 3x3 zone of poison vapors. The vapors block line of sight (but not line of effect), providing total concealment to anyone inside a square or behind it relative to people trying to look through it. Targets entering the zone or ending their turn inside of it gain Ongoing 5 Poison (auto-hits, Save Ends, -2 Penalty)


    Moving towards the hangar, Vallen suddenly turns and doubles back, taking up position just behind Tygrin at the mouth of the tunnel.

    "Come on you flying carpet! We have to get out of here!"

    She urges, glaring at the crossbow-armed X-D through the swarm of ooze.

    Spoiler: Vallen
    Show

    Move: Move south, into sight of the heavy weapons
    Standard: Mind Blast (-2 from Ichoroids providing Cover)
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[14] vs Will
    Damage: (1d10+5)[15] Psychic


    "Yeah, yeah! What the **** do you think I'm doing!?"

    The manticore growls back as he continues backing out of the tunnel, slinging another salvo of iron spikes from his tail down the hallway before turning and leaping into the air.

    "Cya! Hope those slimes don't eat ya!"

    Spoiler: Tygrin
    Show

    Standard: Tail Spikes vs. Heavy Weapons (-2 from Ichoroids)
    To-Hit: (1d20+13)[24]
    Damage: (2d8+4)[9]
    Effect: Tygrin shifts 2 squares
    Move: Tygrin squeezes into a square that's outside of the tunnel, flies up over the difficult terrain, and then stops squeezing in mid-air, 8 squares distant.


    From the concealing smoke left behind by the dead converted X-COM, an armored X-D comes charging forth at a dead run, nearly crashing into Akamenos instead of skewering the tiefling arcanist with its spear!

    Spoiler: Sectoid Legionnaire #3
    Show

    Move: Run South (Grants CA, -5 to-hit)
    Standard: Charge Akamenos (+1 Charge, -5 Run)
    To-Hit: (1d20+2)[8]
    Damage: (1d6+5)[11]


    Battle-Map

    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show

    Muton-25
    X-COM-24
    Thin Man Slasher#1-22
    Ichoroids - 22
    -------------------------
    Khitan-21
    ---------------------
    Vallen-21
    Tygrin-18
    Sectoid Legionnaire #3 - 18
    -----------------------
    Cinder-17
    ------------------------
    Sectoid Trooper#1-13
    Thin Man Slahser#2-13
    Sectoid Heavy Weapons#1-12
    Sectoid Grunts-14 DELAY, Merging initiative with other group (if still alive next turn)
    Pseudowolf #3 - 12
    Grunts, Wave#2-11
    Sectoid Legionnaire #4 - 9
    ------------------------
    Dagrun-12
    Ferrum-9
    Akamenos-8
    Kaeravak-6
    -------------------------
    Psuedowolf#1-7-DELAY
    Grunts, Part Trois - 7 - DELAY


    CINDER IS UP!
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2014-08-14 at 08:51 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  2. - Top - End - #482
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Cinder Ashborn, Pixie Harrier


    "This pit's getting a little too crowded. Smells like wet dog, too," says Cinder, giving the spectral creature a wide berth. As the dog ineffectively attempts to bite her, she loops around its head, and swoops down to pick her sword. The dog attempts to follow her dizzying moves, and the moment it lowers its head, Cinder bolts upward, slashing blindly in front of her to open a way, more interested in getting out than in scoring a significant hit.

    Once back on the main level, she quickly moves into cover, but in her haste does not manage to fade from view like she usually would.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Minor: pick up sword

    Standard: Gloaming [email protected]
    To Hit - (1d20+8)[17]
    Damage - (1d8)[5]
    Effect: shift 2 out of the pit, and hide (from ST1, SL3 & PW1)
    stealth - (1d20+11)[15]

    Move: See map, and Hide (from everyone)
    stealth - (1d20+11)[12]
    Note: if I successfully hid from ST1, SL3 & PW1, they do not know what square Cinder finished her move in
    Not with rolls like that, no
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2014-08-14 at 09:30 PM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

  3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Looking around at the operatives surrounding it, it's clear that the tube-equipped sectoid is annoyed.
    Turning to the wounded operative who it had already shot with a bolt of green fire, the creature grabs onto the man and clambers up him, getting as far up the protesting man as it can so that it can reach his face. The X-D then slams its tube weapon into the unfortunate operative's face, effectively pistol-whipping him.

    Spoiler: Trooper
    Show

    Standard: Pistol Whip vs. Operative #2
    To-Hit: (1d20+8)[11] vs AC
    Damage: (1d8+6)[8]
    Move: Shift 1 square to the north


    The operative manages to throw the X-D off of him before it can get within reach of his face.
    Meanwhile, the armored X-D's canine(?) companion emerges from the northern wall and charges directly at Akamenos!

    Spoiler: Pseudowolf
    Show

    Move: Move diagonally through the northern wall, ending in an empty square along the northernmost wall
    Standard: Charge Akamenos (+1 Charge)
    To-Hit: (1d20+8)[20]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[11]
    Hit: Akamenos is Knocked Prone


    The beast's teeth latch onto the tiefling and drag him down!
    (Akamenos takes 11 damage and is knocked Prone)

    The last unarmored X-D in the hallway, surrounded by the blasted and charred bodies of its comrades, shuffles forward to just shy of the area of flames left by Kaeravak - evidentially they've learned to avoid those patches instead of futilely trying to run through them. With Ferrum being the only target in sight of the creature, it raises its weapon and takes a fairly ineffective potshot at the reforged satyr.

    Spoiler: Grunt
    Show

    Move: Move up to edge of Ignition Zone
    Standard: Shoot at Ferrum
    To-Hit: (1d20+6)[17]
    Damage: 4 1 (Yay Resist 3 All)


    From the tunnel leading to the hangar, an armored X-D charges forward, trying to skewer an operative in the back! It trips over a loose rock and instead drives its spear into the wall next to the man.

    Spoiler: Legionnaire #4
    Show

    Move: Move up
    Standard: Charge Operative #3 (+1 Charge, +2 Flanking)
    To-Hit: (1d20+9)[11]
    Damage: (1d6+5)[9]


    Battle-Map

    Spoiler: Initiatives
    Show

    Muton-25
    X-COM-24
    Thin Man Slasher#1-22
    Ichoroids - 22
    -------------------------
    Khitan-21
    ---------------------
    Vallen-21
    Tygrin-18
    Sectoid Legionnaire #3 - 18
    -----------------------
    Cinder-17
    ------------------------
    Sectoid Trooper#1-13
    Pseudowolf #3 - 12
    Grunts, Wave#2-11
    Sectoid Legionnaire #4 - 9
    ------------------------
    Dagrun-12
    Ferrum-9
    Akamenos-8
    Kaeravak-6
    -------------------------
    Psuedowolf#1-7-DELAY
    Grunts, Part Trois - 7 - DELAY


    DAGRUN, FERRUM, AKAMENOS, and KAERAVAK ARE ALL UP!
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2014-08-15 at 05:38 AM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Irish Musician's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A Pub Near You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Ferrum, Reforged Satyr Warden
    Ferrum, now able to see, scans the room to see who is in most dire straits. He sees Akamenos & Kaeravak starting to look as though they are in trouble and makes his decision. Getting a running start Ferrum hurdles over the hole in front of him, as he doesn't want to go near the giant ugly thing in the center of the room, landing with a louder thud that normal. He then charges the alien mutt and the Legionnaire, swinging at the mutt, "Hey uglies, over here!" Grabbing their attention, he swings his sword slicing at the mutt. He then raises his shield above his head and slams it down on the floor. Lightning erupts from it, and thunders echos in the room, knocking the two prone and sending pure current through their bodies.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    Move - Jump over the hole with a running start, as per the dotted line
    Standard - Charge the Legionnaire and mark them both as a free action as soon as I get in range (1d20+7)[27]
    Damage - (1d8+4)[10] 12 damage for the crit & both take 4 Thunder Damage
    Action Point! - Form of Mountain's Thunder Attack, burst 1 vs Ref
    Mutt - (1d20+9)[28] (+2 for CA)
    Legionnaire - (1d20+7)[8]
    Damage - [roll]1d8+4[roll] 9 (from the OOC roll)(Miss: Half Damage) thunder damage & each target is knocked prone and regardless of hit or not, each target gets 4 Lightning Damage

    The lightning shoots through both of the aliens and the thunder, while hurting the Legionnaire, only sets the mutt on its side. As Ferrum rises back up, facing the Legionnaire, he calls out to the A & K, "Get out of here with the rest, I have these two distracted...don't I you big ugly sons of bitches!!"
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2014-08-15 at 01:59 PM.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

    DMing:

    Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

    My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

    LGBTA+ Ally

  5. - Top - End - #485
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2008

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    After another fitful round of coughing, Kaeravak smirks, flashing a wry grin at his saviour.

    "Don't have to tell me twice; sides, I have to go play hero for Vahlen anyways."

    Carefully gripping the spear heads studding the crude barricade, Kaeravak hurls himself over the thorny obstacle. Flicking his palm open, a pyroclasm bursts into existence to dance on its splayed heel. Hesitating only a moment, he delivers a dry warning to Vahlen before letting the burning payload fly.

    "Duck."

    After a brief pass over the professor's head, the pyromancer's firebomb touches down amidst the swarm of amorphous blobs, reducing everything within its blast to toxic smelling fumes and glassified slag.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Round 4


    Start of Turn: Take 2 poison damage.


    Move Action: Move over barricade. Stealth: (1d20+4)[9]

    Standard Action: Ignition
    Attack vs I1 Fortitude:
    (1d20+9)[28] (+1 due to Magic Weapon, +2 due to CA from Stealth/no LoS)
    Attack vs I3 Fortitude: (1d20+9)[21] (+1 due to Magic Weapon, +2 due to CA from Stealth/no LoS)
    Attack vs I4 Fortitude: (1d20+9)[22] (+1 due to Magic Weapon, +2 due to CA from Stealth/no LoS)
    Attack vs I5 Fortitude: (1d20+9)[14] (+1 due to Magic Weapon, +2 due to CA from Stealth/no LoS)
    Attack vs I6 Fortitude: (1d20+9)[25] (+1 due to Magic Weapon, +2 due to CA from Stealth/no LoS)
    Hit Effect: (1d10+11)[21] fire damage. (+2 from Magic Weapon)
    Effect: The burst creates a zone that lasts until the start of Kaeravak's next turn. Any creature that enters the zone or ends its turn there takes 2 fire damage. A creature can take this damage only once per turn.


    End of Turn: Saving Throw vs Poison: (1d20-2)[4]


    Contingencies:

    Free Action: Infernal Wrath
    Trigger:
    Kaeravak takes damage from a creature within 10 squares of him
    Target: Close burst 10 (triggering enemy within the burst)
    Effect: Kaeravak deals 1d6+5 fire damage to the triggering creature.

    Immediate Interrupt: Guardian's Counter
    Trigger:
    An ally within 2 squares of you is hit by an attack that doesn't include you as a target
    Effect: Kaeravak and the triggering ally shift 2 squares as a free action, swapping positions. Kaeravak becomes the target of the triggering attack in place of the ally. After the attack is resolved, Kaeravak can make a basic attack against the attacker.

  6. - Top - End - #486
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Deadline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Necro-equestrian Pugilism
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Dagrun, Dwarf Cleric

    As his allies begin to clear a path, Dagrun stumbles his way through the wreckage of the command center and begins his slow exodus. He sees Akamenos in dire straits, but he's too far gone for a quick surge of healing - the scientist will require intensive care and bed rest if is to recover, none of which could happen until they got out of there. Dagrun does the only thing he can, he calls upon Moradin to grace Akamenos with the spirit to fight on should he smite one of their foes. He tries to place an Astral Seal on the pseudowolf menacing Akamenos.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move: Slowly getting out of there.
    Standard: Astral Seal on PW#3 (+7 vs. Reflex) - (1d20+7)[15] (subtract 4 for cover is necessary, I haven't factored that in already)
    Hit: Until the end of Dagrun's next turn, the target takes a -2 penalty to all defenses. The next ally who hits it before the end of Dagrun's next turn regains 9 hitpoints.
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

    Signature of Holding

  7. - Top - End - #487
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Hircine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Akamenos - [XCOM Command Center]

    As he's forcibly dragged to the ground by the X-D mongrel, flames leap from Akamenos' body, scolding the creature. Using what little strength he still possesses, the tiefling frees his leg from the dog's razor sharp teeth. The arcanist' begins coughing up blood as he drags his broken body to a standing position. Focusing his quickly fading vision on his belt he snatches the last vial of curative admixture and swiftly deposits the contents down his throat. Revitalized just enough to continue fighting, Akamenos produces a metal sphere that he rolls toward the wolf as he takes a step back.

    Behold, my mighty invention!", he stammers in the middle of a coughing fit. "You X-D's believe your technology is so superior to ours. Well fools, watch and be amazed by the genius that is Akamenos!", he roars as the sphere unfolds into a spindly metal automaton.

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Stand Up
    Move: Shift back one space
    Minor: Create Obedient Servant in the space I was previously occupying
    Action Point: Use Healing Infusion to get back up to 9HP
    Save: (1d20-2)[5]
    Currently DMing:

    Adventures in the Nentir Vale: IC OOC GS

    Valiant Hearts: IC OOC GS

    Currently Playing:


    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    EXACTLY 12 NOON.
    Like a boss, Hircine, like a boss.

  8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Undaunted by being in a pit, the alien dog runs through the side of the pit and emerges back out onto the floor, relentlessly pursuing Cinder.
    The monstrous hound snaps its jaws at the pixie, once more ineffectually. (Miss)

    Spoiler: Pseudowolf
    Show

    Move: Chase Cinder, climbing out of the pit by walking diagonally up through the wall/floor.
    Standard: Bite
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[8]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[13]
    Hit: Cinder is knocked prone.


    From the hallway leading to the hangar, the unarmored X-Ds swarm forward.

    Spoiler: Grunts
    Show

    Grunts #16,17,18
    Move: Move Up
    Standard: Mental Link

    Grunts #13,14,15
    Move: Move Up
    Standard: Fire on Operative #4

    #13
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[17]
    Damage: 9

    #14
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[19]
    Damage: 9

    #15
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[9]
    Damage: 9


    The man staggers back as two of their bolts strike him in the center of his chest.
    (Operative #4 takes 18 damage).

    From the Research Lab corridor, the group can hear the pulsating roar of another monstrosity (Reaper) lumbering towards them.
    Another wave of oozes slither into view down the hallway closest to Vallen, prompting an unladylike curse from the researcher.

    "I can sense another one of those ooze-making freaks coming from this direction!" (Ichor Weaver)

    From the side hallway that feeds into the corridor leading to the hangar bay, another group of X-Ds march forward to block the way.

    In the middle of the chamber, Aurelius slams his sword ineffectually several times against the brute's thick bracer as it raises an arm to get in his way.
    The X-COM commander is barely able to duck out of the way as the brute swings that same arm at his head.

    "Hurry up and get out of here!"
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2014-08-19 at 08:24 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  9. - Top - End - #489
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Spoiler: Initiative Rolls
    Show

    Sectoid Centurion #2 - (1d20+5)[18]
    Sectoid Grunts Wave 4 - (1d20+2)[15]
    Ichoroids Wave 2 - (1d20+2)[21]


    Shifting around, with a roar the Muton lowers its shoulder and charges Aurelius, attempting to knock him back into the pillar. The eladrin is slammed back into the pillar, but as the invader leader raises its blade to pin him against the stone with it, Aurelius teleports out of the way just in time. (This is pretty hilarious at this point. Worst. Muton. Ever.)

    Spoiler: Muton
    Show

    Move: Shift to position on the map (adjacent to Dagrun)
    Standard: Impaling Strike
    To-Hit: (1d20+15)[24]
    Damage: (4d8+5)[24]
    Hit: Aurelius is Impaled (Immobilized until Escape, Ongoing 10 Damage Save Ends after Escape with -2 Penalty)
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2014-08-19 at 08:40 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Reappearing in the air above the plate armor wearing X-D, Aurelius lands on the creature's back, kicking it in the back of the head and sending it stumbling into the pillar while the Old Man summersaults down to the ground beside Dagrun.

    "Get moving . . . err . . . I don't recognize you, recruit. Who are you!?"

    Spoiler: Aurelius
    Show

    Standard: Boot from Above
    To-Hit: (1d20+15)[25]
    Damage: (3d8+10)[25] (5 Vulnerability Included)
    Hit: Muton is Pushed 1 square.


    (Muton takes 25 damage and is Pushed 1 square.)

    Seeing the converted X-COM operative rushing towards the communication officers, several operatives step away from the tube-equipped X-D to bar its path. The remaining operatives step in to surround it, their spears jabbing at the creature from all sides. Meanwhile, the other two continue hammering at the tube X-D. Many of their blows land, but the two X-Ds remained standing, although the tube-wielder is finally looking battered.

    Spoiler: Operatives
    Show

    Operative #1 (+2 Flanking)
    To-Hit: (1d20+9)[27]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[3]

    Operative #2 (+2 Flanking)
    To-Hit: (1d20+9)[28]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[7]

    Operative #3 (+2 Flanking)
    To-Hit: (1d20+9)[17]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[4]

    Operative #4 (+2 Flanking)
    To-Hit: (1d20+9)[19]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[3]

    Operative #5 (+2 Flanking)
    To-Hit: (1d20+9)[12]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[6]

    Operative #6 (+2 Flanking)
    To-Hit: (1d20+9)[16]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[3]


    (Trooper takes 11, Thin Man 9)
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2014-08-19 at 09:27 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Brandishing its twin blades, the former X-COM agent backsteps before lunging forward, blades spinning it all directions as it dashes through the group of operatives, charging into the midst of the communications officers and cutting them down as well! It's mocking screeches echo off of the stone walls as two men fall in its wake, one operative and a communications officer.

    Spoiler: Thin Man
    Show

    Move: Shift back 1 square
    Standard: Lunging Strike
    Effect: The Thin Man shifts up to its speed (7 squares). It makes an attack against each enemy it moves adjacent to. This does not provoke opportunity attacks.
    vs. Operative #1
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[14]
    Damage: (1d6+5)[7]

    vs. Operative #4
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[26]
    Damage: (1d6+5)[10]

    vs. Operative #5
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[13]
    Damage: (1d6+5)[9]

    vs. Operative #6
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[16]
    Damage: (1d6+5)[9]

    vs. Communications Officer #1
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[11]
    Damage: (1d6+5)[11]

    vs. Communications Officer #2
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[17]
    Damage: (1d6+5)[10]

    vs. Communications Officer #3
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[9]
    Damage: (1d6+5)[6]
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2014-08-19 at 09:34 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Huddling back in a corner, weaponless, the communications officers nonetheless do their best as their former comrade bears down on them. They fling themselves at him with their bare fists, and even as the monster guts one of the last members of X-COM, the man still takes a dying swing at its head.

    Spoiler: Communcations Officers
    Show

    (Forgot about these guys. Seeing how the route to the hangar bay is blocked, they'd probably fall back and cower, with readied actions to attack if anything moved adjacent, which the Thin Man did.

    Officer #1
    To-Hit: (1d20+6)[24]
    Damage: 3

    Officer #2 (Dies from the Thin Man's attack)
    To-Hit: (1d20+6)[25]
    Damage: 3



    (6 more damage to the Thin Man Slasher #1)
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2014-08-19 at 09:37 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  13. - Top - End - #493
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    "Out of our way, monsters!"

    Khitan yells as he advances forward, throwing a trio of bolts at the X-Ds blocking the path out of this chamber, and at the dog harassing Cinder.

    Spoiler: Khitan
    Show

    Move: Move to indicated position on the map
    Standard: Divine Bolts on Trooper, Sectoid Legionnaire #3, and Pseudowolf (-2 Cover)

    vs. Trooper
    To-Hit: (1d20+5)[6] vs Reflex
    Damage: (1d4+4)[7]

    vs. Legionnaire
    To-Hit: (1d20+5)[19] vs Reflex
    Damage: (1d4+4)[6]

    vs. Pseudowolf (-2 Cover)
    To-Hit: (1d20+3)[12] vs Reflex
    Damage: (1d4+4)[7]


    (Legionnaire takes 6. Other attacks miss)

    Running around a pit, Vallen glares at the fallen alien dog as Ferrum struggles to his feet. "BAD DOG!"
    This proves to be too much of the creature and it rolls over and dies.

    Spoiler: Vallen
    Show

    Move: Move to indicated position
    Standard: Mind Spike
    To-Hit: (1d20+9)[20] vs Will
    Damage: (1d10+5)[9]


    (Pseudowolf #3 takes 9 Psychic)

    From the corridor behind Vallen, a carpet of black ooze rushes forth . . . only to be promptly incinerated by Kaeravak's field of fire. (Not too bright, these Ichoroids.)

    Spoiler: Ichoroids Second Wave
    Show

    Double Move


    Glaring at the twisted X-COM operative who was flicking the blood of his former comrade off of its blades, Tygrin roars at the creature as he sends a volley of spikes at it.
    The spikes tear open the creature's chest, leaving dark reddish-black blood to pour out onto the floor from its injuries.

    "YOU'LL PAY FOR THAT YOU BASTARD!"

    Spoiler: Tygrin
    Show

    Move: Fly to due West about six squares or so
    Standard: Tail Spikes vs. Thin Man Slasher #1
    To-Hit: (1d20+15)[27]
    Damage: (2d8+4)[13]
    Effect: Shift 2 squares north (to his current position on the map)


    (Thin Man Slasher #1 takes 13)

    From its position on the floor, the armored X-D that had rushed through the corrosive gas to attack Akamenos breathes its last, black phlegm bubbling out of its eye sockets.
    (Legionnaire #3 takes 5 Poison damage, and dies).

    Battle-Map

    Spoiler: Initiatives
    Show

    Muton-25
    X-COM-24
    Thin Man Slasher#1-22
    -------------------------
    Khitan-21
    ---------------------
    Vallen-21
    Tygrin-18
    Ichoroids, Wave #2 - 21
    -----------------------
    Cinder-17
    ------------------------
    Sectoid Centurion #2 - 18 DELAY
    Sectoid Grunts, Wae #4 - 15
    Sectoid Trooper#1-13
    Pseudowolf #3 - 12
    Grunts, Wave#2-11
    Sectoid Legionnaire #4 - 9
    ------------------------
    Dagrun-12
    Ferrum-9
    Akamenos-8
    Kaeravak-6
    -------------------------
    Psuedowolf#1-7-
    Grunts, Part Trois - 7


    CINDER IS UP!
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2014-08-20 at 08:51 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  14. - Top - End - #494
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Cinder Ashborn, Pixie Harrier


    Cinder is ready for the wolf creature this time. Sword in hand, it parries the teeth, then darts into the melee, looking not to escape but to hurt and, more importantly, confuse. The dog is clearly outmatched once more by Cinder lightning fast movements and, while not quite as effective as with her darts, the creature is left bleeding heavily, and barely capable of moving.

    Cinder withdraws to a safe distance, and shouts across the room to the XCOM Communication officers "Yo, paperpushers! Keep the 'ell away from that thing. When we kill it, it'll 'xplode into poison, and you ain't gonna like breathing it in!"

    Her warning delivered, she makes an effort to vanish from view of all but a handful of enemies, raising her hand for a new round of attacks as soon as the occasion presents itself.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Standard: Dazing Strike
    To Hit AC - (1d20+7)[21]
    Damage - (1d8+4)[12]
    Hit: target is dazed UENT (Cinder's)

    Move: shift one, hide
    stealth - (1d20+11)[17]
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2014-08-19 at 10:34 PM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

  15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    The X-Ds stream in from the side hallway, erecting mental links around each other.

    Spoiler: Centurions & Wave 4
    Show

    Move and set up mental links according to the map.


    The trooper turns and tries to pistol whip the wounded operative again.

    Spoiler: Trooper
    Show

    vs. Operative #2
    To-Hit: (1d20+8)[22]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[11]


    The pseudowolf stands up and tries to bite Ferrum.

    Spoiler: Pseudowolf
    Show

    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[23]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[12] (-3 from Resist All)
    Hit: Ferrum is Prone


    Grunt comes out of the tunnel and shoots at Cinder

    Spoiler: Grunt
    Show

    To-Hit: (1d20+6)[17]
    Damage: 4


    Legionnaire tries to stab operative in back

    Spoiler: Legionnaire
    Show

    To-Hit: (1d20+8)[23] (+2 Flanking)
    Damage: (1d6+5)[7]


    Battle-Map

    Spoiler: Initiatives
    Show

    Muton-25
    X-COM-24
    Thin Man Slasher#1-22
    -------------------------
    Khitan-21
    ---------------------
    Vallen-21
    Tygrin-18
    Ichoroids, Wave #2 - 21
    -----------------------
    Cinder-17
    ------------------------
    Sectoid Centurion #2 - 18 DELAY
    Sectoid Grunts, Wave #4 - 15
    Sectoid Trooper#1-13
    Pseudowolf #3 - 12
    Grunts, Wave#2-11
    Sectoid Legionnaire #4 - 9
    ------------------------
    Dagrun-12
    Ferrum-9
    Akamenos-8
    Kaeravak-6
    -------------------------
    Psuedowolf#1-7-
    Grunts, Part Trois - 7


    DAGRUN, FERRUM, AKAMENOS, KAERAVAK ARE UP!
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  16. - Top - End - #496
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Deadline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Necro-equestrian Pugilism
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Dagrun, Dwarf Cleric

    In response to the Old Man, Dagrun grunts, "The name's Dagrun, and I'm tryin' ta keep yer people alive. Now outta the way pointy ear, I don't wanna be here when yer dance partner gets back!" He grins and rushes past the Old Man on his way to try and help both Cinder and Akamenos. He tosses a bolt of radiant energy at the pseudowolf who is pursuing Cinder, trying to take advantage of its focus on the little rogue.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move: As indicated
    Standard: Sacred Flame (+5 vs. Reflex, combat advantage and cover cancel each other out) - (1d20+5)[6]
    Hit: (1d6+4)[7] radiant damage and Akamenos chooses either to gain 3 temporary hitpoints or to make a saving throw.
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

    Signature of Holding

  17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Akamenos drags himself over the top of the barricade, nearly jabbing himself several times with the spears as his whole body begins to shake, ravaged by the alien poison in his system.

    "I c-could use a bit of help."

    The tiefling grunts as he staggers past the Old Man, barely able to keep on his feet as he moves up to Dagrun.
    As he does so, his skin grows a little less pale, as if just being near the dwarf healer is enough to cleanse the toxin.
    (Akamenos is no longer Poisoned. He is, however, at 4 HP, and that means he's fair game for the grunts. )

    Spoiler: Akamenos Actions
    Show

    Move: Akamenos climbs over the barricade
    Standard: Akamenos Runs to his current position on the map.
    Saving Throw vs. Poison - (1d20-2)[11]
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2014-08-22 at 09:51 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Irish Musician's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A Pub Near You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Ferrum, Reforged Satyr Warden
    Ferrum sees yet another of the little aliens creeping up behind Cinder. And seeing as how most of his other comrades are getting to the exit, he decides to help her out. He jumps over the gap yet again, and charges the small alien in front of him, "Hold on little firecracker! I am coming to help!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    Move - Move and jump over the gap. If I do not make it over, disregard the rest of these actions. My save to catch myself (hopefully that is allowed) (1d20)[3]. If I do catch myself, I will use my Standard to pull myself back up and end my turn there.
    Standard - Charge (if I make it over) (1d20+7)[10], (1d7+5)[7] (if I do not, pull myself out of the hole)
    Free - Mark SG11 (again, if I made it over)
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

    DMing:

    Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

    My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

    LGBTA+ Ally

  19. - Top - End - #499
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2008

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Sprinting forth into cover, Kaeravak trains his dagger on the gaunt ex-operative, its blade glowing with incendiary menace. With an abrupt tweak of his head, the tiefling signals at the com officer to step back.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Round 5


    Start of Turn:Take 2 poison damage.


    Move Action:Move 6 squares. Stealth: (1d20-1)[17]

    Readied Action: Elemental Bolt (Fire)


    End of Turn: Saving Throw vs Poison: (1d20-2)[8] (Seriously?)


    Contingencies:

    Free Action: Infernal Wrath
    Trigger:
    Kaeravak takes damage from a creature within 10 squares of him
    Target: Close burst 10 (triggering enemy within the burst)
    Effect: Kaeravak deals 1d6+5 fire damage to the triggering creature.

    Immediate Interrupt: Guardian's Counter
    Trigger:
    An ally within 2 squares of you is hit by an attack that doesn't include you as a target
    Effect: Kaeravak and the triggering ally shift 2 squares as a free action, swapping positions. Kaeravak becomes the target of the triggering attack in place of the ally. After the attack is resolved, Kaeravak can make a basic attack against the attacker.

  20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Dazed and confused, the alien hound can only turn and snap at Ferrum.

    Spoiler: Pseudowolf
    Show

    Standard: Bite at Ferrum
    To-Hit: (1d20+6)[26]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[8]
    Hit: Ferrum is Prone.


    Despite its blurred vision, the thing manages to clamp its jaws around Ferrum's throat and throw the reforged satyr to the ground, standing over him and snarling and snapping its blood-soaked jaws.

    (Of course the dog would crit. Because why wouldn't it? Ferrum takes 13 damage and is prone.)

    The three grunt X-Ds continue to concentrate on their shields while the other three advance forward and fire.

    Spoiler: Grunts
    Show

    #16, #17, #18
    Maintain Mental Links

    #13
    Move: Move Forward
    Standard: Fire at XO3
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[11]
    Damage: 9

    #14
    Move: Move Forward
    Standard: Fire at XO3
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[27]
    Damage: 9

    #15
    Move: Move Forward
    Standard: Fire at XO3
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[23]
    Damage: 9


    One shot takes the operative in the chest, the other in the forehead, and the man goes down, never to rise again.

    (18 damage, killing Operative #3)

    Spoiler: Initiatives
    Show

    Reaper - (1d20+3)[6]
    Ichor Weaver - (1d20+5)[8]
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2014-08-24 at 07:35 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  21. - Top - End - #501
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Ever persistent, the plate armored X-D leader shakes off the kick to the back of the head Aurelius had just performed, and brings its "knife" crashing down again.

    Spoiler: Muton
    Show

    Move: Shift back into melee with Aurelius
    Standard: Smash!
    To-Hit: (1d20+15)[29]
    Damage: (4d8+5)[23]
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  22. - Top - End - #502
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    The blade catches Aurelius in the shoulder, driving the eladrin warrior to one knee from the impact - it's amazing that the blade doesn't shear through his entire shoulder, severing the arm, but there is still more than a trickle of blood staining the armor there as the creature raises the blade for another strike. Aurelius remains on the floor, but then at the last instant lunges back up, bracing the tip of his sword against the spot where the X-D leader's heavy breastplate meets up with its lighter midsection armor. As the leader leans forward to strike a "final" blow against Aurelius, it instead leans into the tip of Aurelius's blade with its full weight, and its armor splits apart, allowing Aurelius's blade to penetrate deep into its flesh beneath. Pulling himself up by the embedded blade, Aurelius reaches up with his other hand, drawing a concealed dagger and slashing at the leader's throat. The leader manages to twist a pauldron into the way to block the throat-slash, but rather than blocking the attack entirely it instead deflects Aurelius's dagger up into its face. The backup weapon slices a black bloody furrow across the thing's face, right across one of its eyes and likely blinding it in that eye. The beast roars and staggers back, pulling Aurelius's blade out of it for him.

    Spoiler: Aurelius
    Show

    Standard: Teleporting Strike
    To-Hit: (1d20+15)[31]
    Damage: (2d10+9)[22] (+5 Vulnerability Included)
    Effect: Muton has 5 Vulnerability until start of Aurelius's next turn.


    (MUTON IS BLOODIED)

    Meanwhile, the remaining three operatives cluster around the tube-wielding X-D with a cry of outrage, attacking it from all angles.

    Spoiler: Operatives
    Show

    Operatives #1 & #5
    Move: Move into Flanking
    Standard: Attack Trooper

    #1
    To-Hit: (1d20+9)[11]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[8]

    #5
    To-Hit: (1d20+9)[10]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[8]

    #6
    Charge Trooper
    To-Hit: (1d20+8)[11]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[7]


    Meanwhile, the Communication Officer steps back from the converted X-D, allowing Kaeravak a clear shot.

    Spoiler: Kaeravak
    Show

    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[21] vs. Reflex
    Damage: (1d12+9)[12] + (1d6)[2]


    Spoiler: Communication Officers
    Show

    #1
    Move: Shift back from Thin Man
    Standard: Ready to flee when Thin Man gas is gone next round

    #3
    Standard: Ready to flee when Thin Man gas is gone next round
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2014-08-24 at 08:16 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  23. - Top - End - #503
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Advancing forward, Khitan shoots out a barrage of divine bolts at the enemies standing in the way of the group's escape. Only one of the bolts finds its mark, burning a line of charred flesh across the armored X-D's face.

    Spoiler: Khitan
    Show

    Move: Move Up
    Standard: Divine Bolts vs. Trooper, Legionnaire, SG#22 (Reflex)

    vs. Trooper
    To-Hit: (1d20+5)[10]
    Damage: (1d4+4)[5]

    vs. Legionnaire
    To-Hit: (1d20+5)[17]
    Damage: (1d4+4)[7]

    vs. SG#22 (-2 Cover from allies)
    To-Hit: (1d20+3)[11]
    Damage: (1d4+4)[5]


    Glancing across the field at the battered dog, Vallen tries the same trick.

    "BAD DOG!"

    She then dashes across the chamber towards the exit.

    Spoiler: Vallen
    Show

    Standard: Mind Spike vs. Pseudowolf #1 (-2 Cover from Pillar)
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[27] vs Will
    Damage: (1d10+5)[9] Psychic


    (Well, at least she got crit-revenge for Ferrum. )

    This time, Vallen's admonishment is super-effective, as the hound throws back its head and howls in agony and regret, before its bare skull disintegrates into a cloud of bone powder, leaving what's left of it to collapse to the floor dead (or re-dead, given the bare skull?)

    Flying over to Akamenos, Tygrin lands right next to the tiefling arcanist, bracing himself to lift back off as soon as he's on the manticore's back.

    "GET ON!"

    Spoiler: Tygrin
    Show

    Move: Land next to Akamenos
    Standard: Ready an Action to Tail Spike after Akamenos either hops on (a Move action) or Refuses.
    To-Hit: (1d20+15)[21]
    Damage: (2d8+4)[13]
    Effect: Tygrin will shift 2 squares up into the air and to the west.


    Battle-Map

    Spoiler: Initiatives
    Show

    Muton-25
    X-COM-24
    -------------------------
    Khitan-21
    ---------------------
    Vallen-21
    Tygrin-18
    -----------------------
    Cinder-17
    ------------------------
    Sectoid Centurion #2 - 18 DELAY
    Sectoid Grunts, Wave #4 - 15
    Sectoid Trooper#1-13
    Grunts, Wave#2-11
    Sectoid Legionnaire #4 - 9
    ------------------------
    Dagrun-12
    Ferrum-9
    Akamenos-8
    Kaeravak-6
    -------------------------
    ICHOR WEAVER - 8 DELAY
    Psuedowolf#1-7-
    Grunts, Part Trois - 7
    REAPER - 6 DELAY



    CINDER IS UP!
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2014-08-24 at 08:19 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Cinder Ashborn, Pixie Harrier


    Cinder manages to spy the legionnaire at the back of the melee and, thinking the trooper is likely to be both a lesser danger and an easier target for the others, decides to take a chance, and picks him as her target. However, the shot proves too tricky, and Cinder's darts clatter uselessly off the wall.

    Then, with few other options, she dives into cover for what she hopes will be a short firefight - otherwise, the enemies at the rear will catch up, and there will be no escape for anyone.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Standard: Sly Flourish @ SL4 from stealth
    To Hit AC - (1d20+10)[11](inc. CA; ignores full cover)
    Damage - (3d6+7)[15]

    Move: See map, and Hide (from enemies in corridor and SG 11)
    stealth - (1d20+11)[17]
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2014-08-24 at 08:38 PM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

  25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Advancing forward, the armored X-D stabs with its harpoon at the X-COM operative.

    Spoiler: Centurion
    Show

    Move: Move forward
    Standard: Stab at Operative #1
    To-Hit: (1d20+9)[14]
    Damage: (2d4+4)[8]


    Right behind him are the unassociated grunts, while the others continue to maintain their links, a few shuffling back further away from the corner.

    Spoiler: Grunts
    Show

    Bunch maintain mental links, SG24 backs away from the corner while maintaining its link on the Centurion.
    #22, #23, #26 Advance and shoot at XO1 or 6 if 1 is already dead

    To-Hit: (1d20+6)[24]
    Damage: 4

    To-Hit: (1d20+6)[14]
    Damage: 4

    To-Hit: (1d20+6)[24]
    Damage: 4



    The tube-equipped X-D pistol-whips the only operative not badly wounded.

    Spoiler: Trooper
    Show

    Pistol-Whip vs. XO#5
    To-Hit: (1d20+9)[21]
    Damage: (1d8+6)[9]


    The last trooper snaps off a shot at Akamenos, attempting to drop him.

    Spoiler: Grunt
    Show

    To-Hit: (1d20+6)[14]
    Damage: 4


    The wounded X-D advances and stabs at any operative still standing.

    Spoiler: Legionnaire
    Show

    To-Hit: (1d20+6)[18]
    Damage: (1d6+5)[10]



    Two more X-COM operatives fall beneath the onslaught, leaving only one guard left standing of the half-dozen who started this final battle for survival.

    Battle-Map

    Spoiler: Initiatives
    Show

    Muton-25
    -----------------------
    Kaeravak-6 READY
    ------------------------
    X-COM-24
    -------------------------
    Khitan-21
    ---------------------
    Vallen-21
    Tygrin-18
    -----------------------
    Cinder-17
    ------------------------
    Sectoid Centurion #2 - 18 DELAY
    Sectoid Grunts, Wave #4 - 15
    Sectoid Trooper#1-13
    Grunts, Wave#2-11
    Sectoid Legionnaire #4 - 9
    ------------------------
    Dagrun-12
    Ferrum-9
    Akamenos-8
    -------------------------
    ICHOR WEAVER - 8 DELAY
    Psuedowolf#1-7-
    Grunts, Part Trois - 7
    REAPER - 6 DELAY


    DAGRUN, FERRUM, AKAMENOS ARE ALL UP!
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2014-08-24 at 09:08 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  26. - Top - End - #506
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Irish Musician's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A Pub Near You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Ferrum, Reforged Satyr Warden
    After cutting down the dog, Ferrum, rounds the corner of the pillar and charges the nearest alien, "Alright you sons of bitches....time to make a hole!!!! We are gettin' the **** out of here!!!!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    Move - move then charge ST1
    Standard - Charge and mark him once I get within range as a free action, (1d20+7)[21], (1d7+5)[8] and an extra 4 thunder
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

    DMing:

    Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

    My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

    LGBTA+ Ally

  27. - Top - End - #507
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Hircine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Akamenos - [XCOM Command Center]

    "Much obliged!", he mutters weakly as he struggles to pull himself onto the manticore's back. Once he gets himself situated he points out one of the thin grey XD's to Tygrin. "Can you tear that thing to shreds?"

    Akamenos Action:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move: climb onto Tygrin
    Standard: Have Tygrin fly up and charge the sectoid trooper
    Last edited by Hircine; 2014-08-26 at 05:55 AM.
    Currently DMing:

    Adventures in the Nentir Vale: IC OOC GS

    Valiant Hearts: IC OOC GS

    Currently Playing:


    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    EXACTLY 12 NOON.
    Like a boss, Hircine, like a boss.

  28. - Top - End - #508
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    "Yah, anytime!"

    Tygrin grunts as he swoops up into the air, Akamenos holding on for dear life as he nearly tumbles off the manticore's back due to it taking off into the air before he's fully ready. As the two swoop back up into the air, Tygrin lets loose a volley of tail spikes. The spikes hit the psionic shield surrounding the armored X-D and the shield slows the spikes tremendously . . . before the spikes finally break through and leave shallow furrows in the X-D's chestplate. It's shield broken, the lean X-D staggers back a step before bracing itself and holding its ground.

    At Akamenos's request to tear into the tube-equipped X-D, Tygrin grins.

    "Music to my ears - hold on tight!"

    The manticore roars as he swoops down with a powerful beat of his wings. Flying about five feet off the ground, the manticore comes within reach of the X-D and swats at it with a massive paw.

    Spoiler: Tygrin
    Show

    Charging Trooper a la Akamenos' Orders (+1 Charge)
    To-Hit: (1d20+16)[17]
    Damage: (2d10+10)[20]


    Unfortunately, Tygrin is too high up still to actually reach the X-D, and his paw goes right over its head. (Oooo, Nat 1!)

    Right behind the manticore, Dagrun comes stomping up and with an energetic cry of "Take this, ye stinky buggers!" He summons a blast of holy energy that washes over the X-Ds clustered at the mouth of the tunnel, burning them but leaving his allies unharmed! Unfortunately, only the staggered X-D harpooner and one of his unarmored associates are burned by the wave of light.

    Spoiler: Dagrun
    Show

    Double Move to indicated position right below Tygrin
    ACTION POINT!
    Divine Glow on the clustered enemies.
    Damage: (1d8+4)[8] Radiant

    vs. Trooper
    To-Hit: (1d20+5)[15]

    vs. Legionnaire
    To-Hit: (1d20+5)[12]

    vs. Centurion
    To-Hit: (1d20+5)[23]

    vs. SG#23
    To-Hit: (1d20+5)[10]

    vs. SG#22
    To-Hit: (1d20+5)[22]
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2014-08-26 at 08:18 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Behind the group, the multi-armed black oozing X-D appears at the mouth of the tunnel.

    With a pulsating roar, the armored monstrosity appears from the tunnel leading back to the Research Labs.
    It lumbers into the chamber, right past Akamenos's invention, which extends a spindly arm and electrocutes the beast as it stomps past.
    Unfortunately, the electrical charge fails to penetrate its thick armor plating.

    Spoiler: Akamenos OA
    Show

    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[15] vs. AC
    Damage: (1d10+5)[8]


    The three boosted X-D grunts unleash a flurry of bolts back at Tygrin.
    Perhaps due to trying to keep Akamenos protected, two bolts find Tygrin's flesh through his thick fur.

    Spoiler: Grunts
    Show

    #13
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[27]
    Damage: 9

    #14
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[25]
    Damage: 9

    #15
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[12]
    Damage: 9


    The sound of more X-Ds scrambling down through the makeshift tunnel their leader blasted through the rock wall echoes through the chamber . . . .

    Speaking of the leader, recovering from its gut stab and facial laceration, it lumbers forward with a roar and attempts to avenge itself upon Aurelius!
    Yet again, the commander side-steps at the last minute - clearly the loss of its eye threw off the X-D leader's stride.

    Spoiler: Muton
    Show

    Standard: Brute Smash
    To-Hit: (1d20+15)[24]
    Damage: (4d8+5)[23]


    Battle-Map

    Spoiler: Initiatives
    Show

    Muton-25
    -----------------------
    Kaeravak-6 READY
    ------------------------
    X-COM-24
    -------------------------
    Khitan-21
    ---------------------
    Vallen-21
    Tygrin-18
    -----------------------
    Cinder-17
    ------------------------
    Sectoid Centurion #2 - 18 DELAY
    Sectoid Grunts, Wave #4 - 15
    Sectoid Trooper#1-13
    Grunts, Wave#2-11
    Sectoid Legionnaire #4 - 9
    ------------------------
    Dagrun-12
    Ferrum-9
    Akamenos-8
    -------------------------
    ICHOR WEAVER - 8 DELAY
    Grunts, Part Trois - 7
    REAPER - 6 DELAY


    KAERAVAK IS UP!
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2014-08-26 at 08:31 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  30. - Top - End - #510
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2008

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    From his position behind the barricades, Kaeravak barks out a hasty set of orders:

    "Vahlen, Tygrin, drop that x-ray with the tube! Khitan, give it everything you've got! Tear down that front!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Kaeravak delays.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •