New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

Aithos; Satyr Psion—

When the action started, Aithos didn't wait as he followed behind his human and tiefling comrades, a quick glance around making him swiftly move over to the table to crouch down behind the table, as well, his hooves moving much more quietly than before in an willed attempt to draw no attention.

A chuckle left him at the tiefling's words, "Sounds like a plan to me," as a halo of psychic energy flared up around the satyr's head when he reached out with his mind and sought out his targets.

Aithos found two to be still alive, the kobolds' suddenly hearing whispers of their swift and inevitable defeat as he implanted doubt into their hearts.

Spoiler: Round #1
    Show
    Move Action: Moving Aithos to designated spot on the map. Stealth: (1d20+2)[21]

Standard Action: Dishearten
    Attack: KT1 vs Will — (1d20+5)[19]
    Attack: KT3 vs Will — (1d20+5)[9]
    Hit: (1d6+5)[8] psychic damage.
    Effect: Affected targets take -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of Aithos' next turn.
    "Insanity: a perfect rational adjustment to an insane world." - R.D. Laing

2. - Top - End - #662
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

T-0 felt delight in watching the kobolds burn. It reminded him of his own flame tests he did on all sorts of creatures. Kobolds, he noted, burnt easily, with a crackle signifying when the heat reached their bones. Ah, but he digressed.

"TARGET MARKED FOR TERMINATION. Over there.", pointing towards the kobold. He quickly extended his crossbow in turn.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Attack: (1d20+9)[24]
    Damage: (1d12+10)[13] + (1d6)[3]

I'll let you choose where you wanna fire it.

ALSO

minor action: extend crossbow.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between his shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style."
    Quote Originally Posted by Xefas
    As the old saying goes, "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby get his ass wrecked."

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ettin in the Playground

A lance of fire suddenly streaks towards the slinger by way of T-0's direction, causing Kaervak to grin at the welcome sight of yet another merc bursting into flame.

"Toasty."

4. - Top - End - #664
    Troll in the Playground

Having already had a taste of rushing into danger and nearly dying from it, Dagrun decides on a wiser tactic.
    He summons a ball of flame to hurl at the shield-bearing kobold, and then steps back away from the door to allow his more invulnerable ancestor to fill in the gap.
    The little dizzard is not fast enough to raise its shield, and takes the blast of flame directly in the face, squeaking as much of the exposed skin there is seared badly.

Spoiler: Dagrun
    Show

Standard: Sacred Flame vs. Dragonshield #1
    To-Hit: (1d20+5)[21] vs. Reflex
    Damage: (1d6+4)[9] Fire
    Hit: Asher gains 3 temp HP.
    Move: Shift back, Spirit moves in to take Dagrun's spot.
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2015-01-30 at 10:25 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

Threads I'm currently DMing:

Threads I have successfully completed:

5. - Top - End - #665
    Troll in the Playground

Having advanced into the room to direct his fleshy counterpart to continue searing X-COM's enemies to ash, T-0 does not detect the drow lurking on the other side of the northern wall.
    Too late, Kuroi turns to shout out a warning as a bolt is expertly fired through a narrow concealed slot just below the western peephole that allows spying on the room that now served as X-COM's briefing room.
    A moment after the bolt flies into the side of the warforged's head (which would have been enough to kill one of his fleshy compatriots), there is a loud shout in elven from beyond the wall.

Spoiler: Speak Elven
    Show

"Damnit, Devinius! These dizzards are ****ing useless! We're already being overrun here! I told you we should have had more blocking from the front! I'll hold them off as long as I can - you should run!"

A moment after *that*, a cloud of darkness explodes out through the peephole, and the drow disappears from even Kuroi's sight.

Only for another drow to appear, standing at the distant northern mouth of the training maze that dominates the middle of the training field.
    This one shouts in heavily accented Common.

"Ey, *******s! I may not know how to detonate bomb, but I figure out how to make it go faster! I figure, you only got couple minutes then BOOM! Haha! Good luck!"

And with that, the drow disappears *back* into the training maze - presumably where the bomb is in there, somewhere, counting down rapidly toward destruction.

(Yes, you've got exactly 1.9 minutes, or 19 rounds now, to find the bomb and disable it. Just figured I would make this curbstomp a little more interesting. )

Spoiler: Sniper
    Show

Standard: Headshot vs. T-0 (+2 CA)
    Special: Against a target that cannot see the sniper, this attack targets the lesser of AC or Reflex
    To-Hit: (1d20+12)[22]
    Damage: (1d10+8)[10]
    Hit: Secondary Attack vs. Fort (+2 CA)
    To-Hit: (1d20+8)[19]
    Hit: T-0 is Dazed (Save Ends)

Minor: Darkfire Cloud, Close Burst 1
    Effect: The area is filled with vision blocking darkness

Move: Stealth: (1d20+10)[23]

Battle-Map

Spoiler: Initiatives
    Show

Drow Sniper - 25
    Drow Stalker - 25
    ----------------------
    Cinder - 24
    ----------------------
    Kobold Quickblade #1 - 23
    Kobold Dragonshield #2 - 20
    ----------------------
    Kuroi - 17
    Kaeravak - 16
    ----------------------
    Kobold Wyrmpriest #1 - 12
    Kobold Slinger #2 - 12
    ---------------------
    T-0 - 12
    Dagrun - 11
    Aithos - 9
    Asher - 5
    ----------------------
    Kobold Tunnelers - 7 - DELAY

CINDER IS UP!
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2015-01-30 at 11:11 PM.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Titan in the Playground

Cinder Ashborn, Pixie Harrier

"Sehanine dammit. $&%@ 'em drows and their bloody bombs. I was 'oping to get in a few 'its before rushing, but we're outta time." Cinder, rather than joining the north door, shoots towards the south at a surprising speed for a creature staying in the shadows the whole time. "Yo, room," she says in a whisper, "don't let 'em know I'm 'ere. I'll move into the courtyard and find the stupid bomb - but if we just 'ave two minutes, I'm gonna need 'elp. Any of you guys know anything 'bout magic?"

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Double move to indicated position. Still stealth 33. Enemies unaware of my current position.
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2015-01-31 at 02:41 PM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

7. - Top - End - #667
    Troll in the Playground

With a snarl, the shield-bearing kobold rushes forward to slam his shield at Dagrun's ancestor, trying to push the spirit warrior back!
    The shield hit is a solid one, and the kobold stumbles forward as the spirit pops out of existence, leaving Dagrun reeling!

(I believe 12 damage is enough to pop the ancestor, leaving Dagrun to take 5 damage?)

Spoiler: Dragonshield
    Show

Move: Move adjacent to the doorway
    Standard: Shield Slam vs. Spirit (vs. Reflex)
    To-Hit: (1d20+5)[22]
    Damage: (2d4+5)[12]
    Hit: Einherjar is Immobilized until the end of the Dragonshield's next turn
    Hit: Einherjar is Marked by the Dragonshield
    Miss: Half Damage, and Einherjar is Slowed and Marked until the end of the Dragonshield's next turn.
    (Not sure if spirits are immune to status effects or not)

Meanwhile, at the top of the balcony that Cinder just vacated, the double doors slam open to reveal another squad of kobolds that begin to pour out. (Perception DC 21 to notice this particular group, and max you guys got was a 19. Good thing Cinder left or she'd have gotten swarmed!).

Dashing down the stairs with lightning speed, the lead kobold that had shoved open the doors charges Asher from behind, slashing wildly at the genasi with its short sword!

Spoiler: Quickblade
    Show

Minor: Open balcony doors
    Move: Move diagonally from the hallway outside the balcony on the second floor, down the stairs.
    Standard: Charge Asher
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[14] (+1 Charge)
    Damage: (1d6+3)[7]

Show

Drow Sniper - 25
    Drow Stalker - 25
    ----------------------
    Cinder - 24
    ----------------------
    ----------------------
    Kuroi - 17
    Kaeravak - 16
    ----------------------
    Kobold Slinger #2 - 12
    ---------------------
    T-0 - 12
    Dagrun - 11
    Aithos - 9
    Asher - 5
    ----------------------

KUROI AND KAERAVAK ARE UP!
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2015-01-31 at 11:29 PM.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Dwarf in the Playground

smile Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

Kuroi [Battlemind]
    "And here I was, thinking that it was a bit boring...", murmured Kuroi, while waiting for the flames on the ground to subdue. "Please, someone remind me that 'boring' in battle is actually a good thing~"

Saying all that, Kuroi positioning himself in the middle of the yard and thrusted his weapon towards the nearest lizard. Using the inertia of that movement, together with some nifty psychic boost, young battlemind also moved himself next to a maze entrance.

While doing all those almost dancing-like moves there, he established eye contact with a kobold that was standing on the edge of the sparring field with some pretty nasty wounds on him and sent a burst of psionic energy towards that lizzard's excuse of a brain.

"This is definitely more lively than a training exercise, I'll give you that!", Kuroi was smiling... or grinning... Well, someone would say that his fangs were visible and this was definitely not a friendly smile.

Show
    Movement: Move into the yard after Ignition Zone is gone

Standard: World Slipping Advance vs KT14
    Attack: (1d20+8)[12] CON vs AC
    Hit: (1d10+4)[10] damage, and shift 1 square to a square adjacent to the target (square next to maze entrance)

Minor: Battlemind's Demand vs KT3 and it's marked until I use this power again or end of encounter

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ettin in the Playground

Kaeravak shrugs at the pixie's query, his eyes never once leaving the wall from where the darkness had issued.

"Little I guess, but not enough to warrant leaving our metal friend here out of sorts with the drow. You go on ahead and I'll cover the rear. That said, got a white haired rat here that needs smokin' out of her hole; s'cuse me."

Checking out the northern wall, the psuedotiefling briefly looks through the right peephole before continuing through the darkness towards the courtyard.

Pausing, Kaeravak thrusts his implement towards the artfully concealed slat where the drow issued her fire. Were it not obfuscated by impenetrable dark, the air around the orifice would appear to violently shimmer and waver with building heat, a faint distortion proving nonetheless legible in the surrounding area further out. In the span of a moment thereafter, the space beyond the hole suddenly erupts in an explosive conflagration.

Evidently not yet satisfied, he sends another missile screaming towards the cloud, grinning at the visceral aftermath: sounds of detonation and crackling flame thundering out from the darkness, scorched bits of jagged stone blasted outward and scattering in every direction, and, perhaps most notably of all, the wailing scream of his drow assailant.

"Like my sarge always used to say, 'ain't no kill like overkill'."

Then, as though galvanized by all the destruction wrought, he somehow manages a final burst of alacrity, sprinting after Kuroi.

Spoiler
    Show
    Round 2

Free Action: Use Action Point. Next attack gains +2 to attack rolls, +3 to damage per Improved Tactical Presence and Tactical Assault.

Move Action: Move to designated position; checks right peephole on the way, the outcome of which will determine where he throws his Ignitions. Stealth: (1d20+0)[10]

Standard Action: Ignition
    Free Action: Elemental Escalation
    Attack vs DS1 Fortitude: (1d20+10)[21] (+2 from Tactical Presence; includes DS1 if it's in the square north of the other peephole)
    Hit Effect: (2d10+13)[19] fire damage. (+3 from Tactical Assault)
    Effect: Burst creates a zone until the start of Kaeravak's next turn. Creatures that enter or end their turn in the zone take 2 fire damage, and can only take this damage 1 / turn.

Attack vs DS1 Fortitude: (1d20+8)[23]
    Hit Effect: (1d10+10)[20] fire damage.
    Effect: Burst creates a zone until the start of Kaeravak's next turn. Creatures that enter or end their turn in the zone take 2 fire damage, and can only take this damage 1 / turn.

Free Action (Elemental Escalation): Shift 3 squares.

Contingencies:

Free Action: Infernal Wrath
    Trigger:
    Kaeravak takes damage from a creature within 10 squares of him
    Target: Close burst 10 (triggering enemy within the burst)
    Effect: Kaeravak deals 1d6+6 fire damage to the triggering creature.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Orc in the Playground

Aithos; Satyr Psion—

Aithos did as the pixie requested and ignored her presence, eyes flitting around for any danger before he moved towards the door. On his way there, however, he mentioned for her to hear, "I am versed in the arcane," before pressing against the wall.

A smile stretched over his lips as his pale blue eyes glanced through the opening, presenting him with a perfect view of three kobolds. The ethereal corona of his psychic powers flared up once more with his mental assault, bombarding them with dark thoughts to tear their at resolve and mind alike.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action: Moving Aithos to designated spot on the map.

Attack: KT1 vs Will — (1d20+5)[12]
    Attack: KT2 vs Will — (1d20+5)[23]
    Attack: KT13 vs Will — (1d20+5)[18]
    Hit: (1d6+3)[7] psychic damage.
    Effect: Affected targets take -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of Aithos' next turn.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Troll in the Playground

Aithos summons a blast of mental energy around the three kobolds - two press their hands up against their ears and flee before the pain became too much to bear, but the last one, still out of breath from dodging Kaeravak's first blast of fire, collapses to his knees and throws itself down onto its own javelin, killing itself.

Meanwhile, Kaeravak, catching a glimpse of the drow woman through the eastern peephole, completely destroys that area of the building, reducing the wall, the secret room, and the bunk room beyond to nothing but rubble and the drow to ash - she doesn't even get a chance to scream.

Kuroi's assault on the kobold is a little off its mark though, and his weapon thuds into the side of the maze over the small creature's head.

Back in the lobby, the leader up on the balcony rallies his troops with a series of chants in draconic, and then leads the charge down into the lobby, accompanied by the sling-totting kobold.
    Reaching the bottom of the stairs, the apparent leader of the kobolds points at Asher, sending a frost-coated orb of solid ice racing towards the genasi!

Spoiler: Wyrmpriest
    Show

Minor: Rallying Cry
    Effect: All kobold allies within 10 squares gain 5 temp HP and may shift 1 square.
    (For ease of keeping track, I'm going to have the quickblade also benefit, along with the rest - he's not underneath the balcony so theoretically he should be in the area of effect.
    None of the kobolds outside or in the top hallway benefit though.)
    Move: Move to indicated position on the map
    Standard: Frost Orb (vs Reflex)
    To-Hit: (1d20+8)[12]
    Damage: (1d10+5)[6] Frost

Not to be outdone, the sling-totting kobold charges down the stairs, moving to near the middle of the lobby to lob a pot filled with what appears to be fecal matter at the genasi, before side-stepping off to one side.

Spoiler: Slinger
    Show

Move: Move into position

Standard: Gluepot vs. Asher
    To-Hit: (1d20+6)[8]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[9]
    Effect: (1d3)[3]

Minor: Shifty to shift 1 square to its current position

Both attacks zoom past the genasi to splash harmlessly against the wall - he got lucky.

Battle-Map

Show

Drow Sniper - 25
    Drow Stalker - 25
    ----------------------
    Cinder - 24
    ----------------------
    ----------------------
    Kuroi - 17
    Kaeravak - 16
    ----------------------
    Kobold Slinger #2 - 12
    ---------------------
    T-0 - 12
    Dagrun - 11
    Aithos - 9
    Asher - 5
    ----------------------

T-0, DAGRUN, AITHOS, and ASHER ARE UP!
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2015-02-01 at 02:14 PM.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Orc in the Playground

Aithos; Satyr Psion—

While it had not been decided, it would appear Aithos would have to help the pixie with disabling the bomb within the training maze, one that he remembered only all too well having to run through on many occasions whilst being a recruit-in-training.

With that assumption, Aithos moved into the other room, not wishing to give away his comrades position and needing to get closer to the maze. Leaving the others to fight the forces that surely were around here did not truly sit well with Aithos, but disabling the bomb could only be handled as a priority, after all.

The kobolds in this room made for good target practice, and once he had passed by the tiefling elementalist, Aithos took to stand close to the wall and unleash yet another telepathic assault upon the hapless group of lizards that appeared to retreat further away from the fray.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action: Moving Aithos to designated spot on the map.

Attack: KT2 vs Will — (1d20+5)[25]
    Attack: KT13 vs Will — (1d20+5)[25]
    Hit: (1d6+3)[7] psychic damage.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Troll in the Playground

Dagrun, Dwarf Cleric

Seeing almost everyone rush out to the practice field, Dagrun spits a dwarven curse and glances at Asher. "All right newbie, looks like the two of us hold the main hall and keep as many of these dizards busy as we can. Time to see what yer made of." With that, he hurls another bolt of radiant flame at the kobold dragonshield that dissipated his ancestor spirit and bangs loudly on his shield to try and get their attention.

Show
    Sacred Flame on the bloodied Kobold Dragonshield
    Attack: Wisdom v. Reflex (1d20+6)[10]
    Hit: (1d6+6)[12] radiant damage, and Nameless gains 3 temporary hitpoints.
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

14. - Top - End - #674
    Ogre in the Playground

Asher, Cindersoul Genasi Warsmith

"Solid elemental fire, mostly," he deadpanned in reply to the dwarf, nudging Nameless into the doorway as he did and shifting into position where the owlbear had just stood.

He then tossed a small syringe at the owlbear, which injected its contents on impact--the creature roared, not with pain but with increased vigor.

Finally, Asher reloaded his crossbow with another empowered bolt and took aim at the kobold who'd tried to stab him.

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to post, I was looking for the power cord for my tablet but I couldn't find it, so I'm still on my phone. Until then I'll see if I can post from work, but I wanted to make sure I posted now so you wouldn't have to NPC me.

For my move action, please shift Nameless 1 square to the left and shift me to the square where he was.

For my minor action, I'll use Resistive Infusion on Nameless, granting him +1 AC--which immediately is converted into my healing surge value+my Con mod = 11 temporary hit points (I'm assuming Dagrun's attack missed). Nameless shares my healing surge value.

For my standard action, after reloading as a free action I again use Magic Weapon, targeting KQ1.
    Vs. AC: (1d20+10)[14]
    Hit: (1d10+4)[5] and each adjacent ally (Nameless and Dagrun) gains a +1 power bonus to hit and +3 to damage until the end of my next turn.
    Currently playing: Jathal Darsha'an; Linie

15. - Top - End - #675
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

T-0, WARFORGED WARLORD

The brief disruption in his systems was a marginal error, as T-0 flushed his systems and rebooted. The damage to his body was repairable. But the idea to have such the audacity, to hit him? That was unforgivable. First thing to do once he got through this endeavor, was to test the burn point for drow skin, he thought to himself as he trudged behind Kuroi and the others.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Move up 2 and left 1
    Save: (1d20)[5]
    Last edited by Bluydee; 2015-02-04 at 09:41 PM.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between his shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style."
    Quote Originally Posted by Xefas
    As the old saying goes, "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby get his ass wrecked."

16. - Top - End - #676
    Troll in the Playground

Aithos sends a telepathic blast at several of the kobolds still standing on the training field, and both of his targets slump to the ground as their minds are overwhelmed.

Both Dagrun and Asher's nameless friend lash out at the wounded shield bearing kobold, but this time it manages to get its shield in the way of both attacks.
    (The dragonshield is able to attack Asher at his current location next to the door.)

Struggling to reboot his systems, T-0 stumbles forward - perhaps removing the source of his system errors (the crossbow bolt sticking out of his head) would help (only if you roll a "10" or better on the save )?
    (Also note that T-0 is currently standing in the closet that the drow sniper was using - there is no current way to get out onto the training field other than the door to T-0's south, so he's essentially just hiding in a corner at the moment, not sure that was your intention.)

Meanwhile, the last of the kobolds surge down from the balcony.
    They swiftly surround the two X-COM operatives by the door, jabbing at them with their javelins, but not managing to be much other than a nuisance.
    One kobold that remains by the right-hand stairway, however, unable to join in the poke-fest, flings his javelin at Asher instead.
    Only his newly forged armor is able to protect his back from the cowardly throw.

Spoiler: Lobby Tunnelers
    Show

KT#7
    Double Move and use Shifty (Minor power shift) to move to its current location

KT#8
    Double Move and Shifty to move to its current location

KT#9
    Move: Come down the right-hand balcony
    Minor: Shifty to its current position
    Standard: Throw javelin at Asher (he has partial cover still from the left-hand stairway)
    To-Hit: (1d20+4)[17] (-2 Cover)
    Damage: 4

KT#10
    Double Move and Shifty to current location

Out of the training field, the last two kobolds back away from Kuroi while flinging javelins at him as an argument against pursuing them further.

Spoiler: Training Field Tunnelers
    Show

KT #3
    Move: Shift back
    Minor: Shifty back
    Standard: Javelin at Kuroi
    To-Hit: (1d20+6)[16]

KT#14
    Move: Shift Back
    Standard: Javelin at Kuroi
    To-Hit: (1d20+6)[18]

Battle-Map

Show

Drow Stalker - 25
    ----------------------
    Cinder - 24
    ----------------------
    ----------------------
    Kuroi - 17
    Kaeravak - 16
    ----------------------
    Kobold Slinger #2 - 12
    ---------------------
    T-0 - 12
    Dagrun - 11
    Aithos - 9
    Asher - 5
    ----------------------

CINDER IS UP!
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2015-02-05 at 06:33 AM.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Titan in the Playground

"Kae, I ain't likin' 'ow the foyer is a target-rich environment. Dagur and your look-alike may be in more trouble that they can be gettin' out of. If'n you can 'elp 'em, I'll take care o' the bomb."

Then, not bothering to stay hidden, Cinder shoots high into the sky, getting a good view of the training grounds. From the high point of her move, she shouts, "Drow is inside, far corner, but no kobolds. Aithos, I need you be moving' next to Kuroi!"

Then, she drops out of the sky, and out of sight.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor: Stand up

Double move, high into the sky, then land on the wall and hide
    stealth - (1d20+13)[15]

Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2015-02-05 at 09:22 PM.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?

18. - Top - End - #678
    Troll in the Playground

Cinder flies up, and can see down in the maze that the bomb is near the rough center of the maze.
    She also catches a glimpse of the last remaining drow headed in that direction, but nothing else of note within the maze's confines.

Meanwhile, the kobolds in the lobby continue their assault on Asher and Dagrun.

Forgotten by the forces of the universe momentarily (doh, forgot about these guys), the kobolds in the hallway beyond the lobby suddenly spring into action.
    One finally manages to get the secret door open, hurling a javelin at Nameless before disappearing into the room leading into the kitchen.

Meanwhile, the other two fall back towards the secret door, hurling javelins at Nameless.

Spoiler: Tunnelers
    Show

KT12
    Standard: Throw javelin at Nameless

Minor: Open Secret Door
    Move: Move into room

KT5
    Move: Move
    Minor: Shifty to current location on map
    To-Hit: (1d20+6)[13]

KT6
    Move: Move
    Minor: Shifty to current location on map

Despite Nameless's thickened hide, two of the javelins find purchase in his flesh. (Due to Asher's buff, his AC right now is 16, yeah? If those hit, I already marked off 8 temp HP)

Frustrated at being blocked off from the lobby again by one of the two X-COM operatives' minions, the shield-bearing kobold lashes out with his sword as the nameless owlbear.
    The sword slices a thin line of blood across the owlbear's shoulder, as Asher's magical protection fades (although Nameless still keeps the +1 AC even after the temp HP fade, right?)
    And then the kobold dances back, perhaps attempting to lure the owlbear into the hallway?

Show

Standard: Sword vs Nameless
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[22]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[5]
    Hit: Nameless is Marked until the end of the Dragonshield's next turn

Minor: Shifty away from Nameless
    Move: Move to its current location on the map

The kobold wielding a pair of short sword twirls them as it dances backward, and then summersaults forward, coming in under Nameless's guard and landing on its feet behind Dagrun.
    The little beastie grins as he stabs Dagrun in the back!
    Fortunately, the dwarf's armor manages to deflect the savage blow.

Show

Minor: Shifty back 1 square
    Move: Using Movement power to shift 3 squares, moving in an upside down "L" shape to his current location
    Standard: Shiv Dagrun (+2 Flanking)
    To-Hit: (1d20+8)[11]
    Damage: (1d6+14)[20] (+8 for shifting 4 squares, +3 for having 3 adjacent kobold allies to Dagrun)

Battle-Map

Show

Drow Stalker - 25
    ----------------------
    Cinder - 24
    ----------------------
    ----------------------
    Kuroi - 17
    Kaeravak - 16
    ----------------------
    Kobold Slinger #2 - 12
    ---------------------
    T-0 - 12
    Dagrun - 11
    Aithos - 9
    Asher - 5
    ----------------------

KUROI And KAERAVAK ARE UP!
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2015-02-06 at 06:38 AM.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Dwarf in the Playground

d20 Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

Kuroi [Battlemind]
    Kuroi shifted closer to the remaining kobolds and swiftly made two wide strikes.

Show
    Movement: Shift top-right.

Standard: Vicious Cobra Strike vs KT14 and KT3
    Attack: (1d20+8)[15] vs AC KT14
    Attack: (1d20+8)[23] vs AC KT3
    Hit: 4 damage, and target is marked until end of my next turn

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ettin in the Playground

Kaervak offers the fairie a terse nod.

"Been the plan since they came tromping down those stairs. Gotta hand it to em, they're persistent if nothing else."

Turning about, the pyromancer dashes back over to the briefing room table, settling into a lean against his familiar cover. With his dagger leveled towards the new front, it begins to seethe with an ominous, incendiary glow, aimed square at what, for the kobolds, passed for a 'sorcerer'.

"Shoulda ran while you had the chance dizzards, cause believe me, sure as hell gonna wish you did."

As though in concurrence, a bolt of white hot fire lashes out from the searing implement. Unfortunately the shot goes wide as its target abruptly jolts out of the way, alerted by his threat.

"Damn. Gonna need your help on this one T."

Spoiler
    Show
    Round 3

Move Action: Move to designated position. Stealth: (1d20+0)[17]

Standard Action: Elemental Bolt, Fire
    Attack vs KW1 Reflex: (1d20+9)[10]
    Hit Effect: (1d12+10)[13] + (1d6)[6] fire damage.

Contingencies:

Trigger:
    Effect: Kaeravak deals 1d6+6 fire damage to the triggering creature.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Troll in the Playground

Kuroi's two wide swings are faster than they initially appear, and both kobolds are taken in by the deception until it is too late and they are swept aside as Kuroi's halberd crashing into their chests with surprising speed.

Inside, Kaeravak taunts the kobold leader before sending a blast of fire . . . that shoots right over the squat dog-faced lizard. Whether it was able to understand the pre-miss taunting or not, the creature clearly got the gist of it, as a moment after Kaeravak's shot missed, the creature raised its middle finger in the universal symbol of defiance. It follows this up by hurling an orb of frost back at Kaeravak, which strikes the tiefling directly in the face, coating it in a layer of frost that rapidly melts away into steam. Chattering madly to itself, it then scampers out of sight behind the right-hand stairway (it now has cover).

Spoiler: Wyrmpriest
    Show

Standard: Orb of Frost vs. Kaeravak (-2 Cover, Targets Reflex)
    To-Hit: (1d20+6)[17]
    Damage: (1d10+5)[15] Frost

Move: Move to one square south-east of stairway
    Minor: Shifty to current location

The sling-armed kobold, meanwhile, takes aim at T-0, and hurls a pot at the warforged warlord. The pot catches on a section of wall that was not destroyed, spraying feces across it (apparently the kobold had run out of its other pots and was improvising?)
    Chattering loudly with what sounds like laughter, the kobold then runs back towards the safety of its fellows, dashing underneath the balcony to take up position behind the wall of kobolds holding Asher and Dagrun at bay.

Spoiler: Slinger
    Show

Standard: Sling vs. T-0 (+2 CA)
    To-Hit: (1d20+8)[11]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[4]
    Effect: (1d3)[3]

Move: Move to underneath balcony
    Minor: Shifty to current position

(Kaeravak takes 15 Frost damage from a ghetto critical. Both kobolds are now out of sight/out of range of T-0/Kaeravak. Direct the Strike will no longer work for this turn.)

Battle-Map

Show

Drow Stalker - 25
    ----------------------
    Cinder - 24
    ----------------------
    ----------------------
    Kuroi - 17
    Kaeravak - 16
    ----------------------
    Kobold Slinger #2 - 12
    ---------------------
    T-0 - 12
    Dagrun - 11
    Aithos - 9
    Asher - 5
    ----------------------

T-0, DAGRUN, AITHOS, and ASHER ARE UP!
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2015-02-06 at 09:39 PM.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ettin in the Playground

Grimacing at the hit, Kaeravak doesn't allow the doglizard's contempt to go unpunished as another salvo screams from his dagger towards the assailant, enveloping it in scalding fire where his prior assault did not.

Spoiler
    Show
    Contingencies:

Trigger:
    Effect: Kaeravak deals (1d6+6)[12] fire damage to the triggering creature.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Orc in the Playground

Aithos; Satyr Psion—

While the battle between the invaders and his comrades continued in the other room, Aithos did as he was instructed with a quick, "Understood, getting in position," uttered by him, before moving so he would be standing next to Kuroi. With no enemy left alive in his current location, Aithos had little else to do but wait for Cinder to act; he did throw the human an amiable smile, the end of his staff resting against the ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action: Moving towards designated position next to Kuroi.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ogre in the Playground

Asher, Cindersoul Genasi Warsmith

"All right, that does it. Nail, meet hammer," he grumbled as he reached back and pulled out a rather heavy-looking smithing hammer, which had the same faint glow that his crossbow bolts did. He raised it and brought it down hard at the kobold in front of him.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor action to draw his hammer.

Standard action to use Magic Weapon at KT10.
    Vs. AC: (1d20+8)[17]
    Hit: (1d6+4)[10] and adjacent allies gain +1 power bonus to hit and +3 to damage until the end of my next turn.
    Currently playing: Jathal Darsha'an; Linie

25. - Top - End - #685
    Troll in the Playground

Backing into a corner with sparks still shooting occasionally out of the hole that the crossbow bolt made, T-0 decides that now was the best time to effect repairs.
    At least, that was prior to Kaeravak getting hit in the face with a blast of ice.
    Starring through the still intact peephole at the tiefling, the warforged decides this was an opportunity to (pretend to) be altruistic, and spoke words of encouragement.

"Running Inspiring Word Program #001: Don't feel bad, fellow sentient! You'll get them next time!"

Although pre-recorded and not sounding heartfelt at all, somehow the words did take the sting out of Kaeravak's wound. Or maybe it was the subsonic waves secretly woven into the words that stimulated the production of endorphins in the tiefling's brain that helped.

Spoiler: T-0
    Show

Minor: Inspiring Word on Kaeravak.
    Effect; Kaeravak heals a healing surge plus (1d6)[3] HP. Total: 12 HP back (already recorded on tracking sheet)
    Saving Throw vs. Daze: (1d20)[15] (Saves, no longer Dazed)

Meanwhile, Aithos moves over to join Kuroi, and Asher pulls out his smithing hammer. The genasi's swing is true, crushing the kobold's head and leaving it to crumple to the ground as a bloody mess.
    Inspired by the blow, Dagrun pulls out his own warhammer and smashes the kobold that had just tried to stab him in the back.
    The blow is a solid one, staggering the little dizzard but not quite dropping him.
    The dwarf then falls back, stepping over the dead kobold's body to put his back against the wall.

Spoiler: Dagrun
    Show

Minor: Draw Warhammer
    Standard: Warhammer vs. KQ1
    To-Hit: (1d20+5)[24] (+1 Magic Weapon)
    Damage: (1d10+6)[12] Fire (+2 Owlbear, +3 Magic Weapon)
    Move: Shift to where K10 was
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2015-02-12 at 06:47 AM.

26. - Top - End - #686
    Troll in the Playground

With all of the kobolds outside now dead, combat continues only inside the lobby.
    The kobolds in the back hallway fling more javelins at Nameless, and then disappear into the secret door.
    The first one to go through is nowhere to be seen, although there is a crash coming from the kitchen, suggesting he's coming through that way.
    The ones out in the lobby, however, direct their focus against Dagrun this time rather than Asher.

Spoiler: Tunnelers
    Show

KT 5 & 6
    Standard: Throw javelins at Nameless

To-Hit: (1d20+6)[10]

To-Hit: (1d20+6)[12]

Move: Move out of sight
    Minor: Shifty for another square of movement

KT12
    Minor: Open door
    Move: Move to next door
    Standard: Open next door from kitchen to dining room

KT 8 & 9
    Standard: Throw javelins at Dagrun
    Move: KT9 moves to block Dagrun from getting to the slinger. KT8 stays where it is.

To-Hit: (1d20+6)[9]

To-Hit: (1d20+6)[13]

KT7
    Standard: Stab Dagrun with Javelin
    To-Hit: (1d20+6)[10]

Outside, Cinder only catches a glimpse of the drow as he stalks through the maze, but it's clear he's headed back towards the bomb.

CINDER IS UP!

27. - Top - End - #687
    Titan in the Playground

"Aithos, get ready to fly. Kuroi, please be followin' us in - I'm gonna need someone watchin' my back while I work"

With that, Cinder sends a fistful of powder towards Aithos, and soon they are both flying low over the walls towards the very center of the maze.

Spoiler
    Show

Move: pixie dust on Aithos. Aithos can fly 6 as a free action. Suggested destination on map (Acheron, remember it takes you two squares to be high enough to go above the wall - thus the detour)

Standard: fly to indicated position
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2015-02-13 at 07:55 PM.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Troll in the Playground

Shuffling backward and then forward as if doing some sort of strange dance, the short-sword wielding kobold leaps at Dagrun again, stabbing at his side instead of his back!
    This time, the dizzard's sword sink in up to the hilt in Dagrun's shoulder, and the kobold cackles as it rips its blade through amidst a gout of blood!
    (Dagrun takes 17 damage, and is now Bloodied).

Show

Move: Shift through the fray, shifting 3 squares to its current location
    Standard: Shiv vs. Dagrun
    To-Hit: (1d20+6)[25]
    Damage: (1d6+13)[17] (+8 damage for shifting 4 squares, +2 for adjacent kobold allies

Meanwhile, spying Kaeravak through the remains of the doorway, the shield bearing kobold charges forward heedlessly, screaming something in Draconic, or maybe just screaming as it rushes the tiefling!
    The pint-sized terror's sword slices a red line across the tiefling's chest - thankfully the wound is more superficial than deep! (Kaeravak takes 6 damage).

Show

Move: Move down the hallway
    Standard: Charge Kaeravak, moving around the table (you can charge around corners in 4E)
    To-Hit: (1d20+8)[20] (+1 Charge)
    Damage: (1d6+3)[6]
    Hit: Marked until the end of the Dragonshield's next turn

Battle-Map

Show

Drow Stalker - 25
    ----------------------
    Cinder - 24
    ----------------------
    ----------------------
    Kuroi - 17
    Kaeravak - 16
    ----------------------
    Kobold Slinger #2 - 12
    ---------------------
    T-0 - 12
    Dagrun - 11
    Aithos - 9
    Asher - 5
    ----------------------

KUROI & KAERAVAK ARE UP!
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2015-02-14 at 03:49 PM.

29. - Top - End - #689
    Ettin in the Playground

Kaeravak grunts as the offensive little lizard slams into his side, fixing him with a contemptuous glare.

"Piss off midget; don't got time to make you bleed."

With a casual wave of his hand, the tiefling vanishes in a sudden billow of smoke, reappearing well beyond his attacker's reach atop the briefing table.

Picking out his prior target cowering amidst the stairs, he lobs another volatile explosive at his fleeing target, though the blast proves as wayward as the bolt that preceded it, failing to cause substantive harm despite wreathing the immediate area in fire.

"Hellfire! T, help get this damn dizzard off my back."

Spoiler
    Show
    Round 4

Move Action: Spatial Trip Teleport 2 squares to designated position. Stealth: (1d20+5)[8]

Attack vs KW1 Fortitude: (1d20+7)[9] (-2 from Marked, +1 from Bloodied, +2 from Stealth CA? Not factored.)
    Hit Effect: (1d10+10)[19] fire damage.

Contingencies:

30. - Top - End - #690
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kuroi [Battlemind]
    "Aye-aye, ma'am!"

Kuroi glanced around to confirm that there are no more kobolds in the yard and proceeded into the maze, following the faint path of pixie dust in the air.

Show
    Movement: Move into the center of the maze.
    Last edited by Kuroi; 2015-02-14 at 10:56 PM.