New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

As the X-COM team proceeds into the maze, the brutal beatdown of Dagrun continues in the lobby.

Frightened by the flames wicking around its ankles, the kobold leader momentarily backs away into sight within the main section of the manor's entry room.
    But he is only momentarily visible, as a moment later he charges back into the northern part of the fray, wheezing as if he could no longer breathe.
    As the leader reaches the group of operatives, however, it becomes clear that the wheezing is not due to an injury, but rather a wind-up for another sort of attack.
    The kobold leader opens it mouth, and spews out a gout of icy liquid that quickly coats Asher, Dagrun, Nameless, and the wall behind them in a thick coat of rime!

Spoiler: Wyrmpriest
    Show

Move: Move around the eastern stairs
    Minor: Shifty into place
    Standard: White Dragon Breath, Close Blast 3 (Dagrun, Asher, Nameless, and the wall squares to their north which will be damaged but not destroyed by this)
    Damage: (1d10+5)[14] Frost

vs. Dagrun
    To-Hit: (1d20+6)[19] vs Fortitude

vs. Asher
    To-Hit: (1d20+6)[26] vs. Fortitude

vs. Nameless
    To-Hit: (1d20+6)[21] vs. Fortitude

The slinger also pulls out a pot and throws it at the dwarf, or Asher if Dagrun is down!
    Spoiler: Slinger
    Show

To-Hit: (1d20+6)[19] vs. AC
    Damage: (1d6+3)[4]
    Effect: (1d3)[3]

Spoiler: Initiatives
    Show

Drow Stalker - 25
    ----------------------
    Cinder - 24
    ----------------------
    Kobold Quickblade #1 - 23
    Kobold Dragonshield #2 - 20
    ----------------------
    Kuroi - 17
    Kaeravak - 16
    ----------------------
    Kobold Wyrmpriest #1 - 12
    Kobold Slinger #2 - 12
    ---------------------
    T-0 - 12
    Dagrun - 11
    Aithos - 9
    Asher - 5
    ----------------------
    Kobold Tunnelers - 7 - DELAY
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

Threads I'm currently DMing:

Threads I have successfully completed:

2. - Top - End - #692
    Ogre in the Playground

Asher, Cindersoul Genasi Warsmith

As soon as it became clear that they would not be able to avoid the kobold's blast of rime-breath, a loud rush of hot air whooshed out of every heat element on Asher's body, melting as much of the ice as it could before it got to them.

Spoiler
    Show

As an immediate interrupt, Asher uses his Firedeath racial encounter power that triggers on hit, reducing the damage of an enemy's attack to its minimum for everyone that gets hit by it.

And my apologies for not putting that in my IC posts as a reserved action when I take my turns, I'll do that in future encounters from now on.
    Last edited by Dacia Brabant; 2015-02-15 at 10:53 AM.
    Currently playing: Jathal Darsha'an; Linie

3. - Top - End - #693
    Troll in the Playground

The blast of ice is marginalized by Asher's burst of flame, but Dagrun is still teetering on his feet by the end of it.
    Adding insult to injury, the clay pot that the slinger smashed against the dwarf's chest was filled with the kobold's smelly feces.

(Breath damage dropped to 6. Still enough to Bloody Dagrun - he's at 1 HP! - and bloody Nameless. Dagrun takes a -2 penalty To-Hit (Save Ends).)

Battle-Map

Show

Drow Stalker - 25
    ----------------------
    Cinder - 24
    ----------------------
    ----------------------
    Kuroi - 17
    Kaeravak - 16
    ----------------------
    Kobold Wyrmpriest #1 - 12
    Kobold Slinger #2 - 12
    ---------------------
    T-0 - 12
    Dagrun - 11
    Aithos - 9
    Asher - 5
    ----------------------

T-0, DAGRUN, AITHOS, and ASHER ARE UP!

4. - Top - End - #694
    Orc in the Playground

Aithos; Satyr Psion—

The satyr closed his eyes for a moment and gripped his staff a little tighter when the dust connected with him, its effect quicker than he would truly care for.

"At least no wonderful thoughts are required," Aithos muttered to himself as he jumped up in the air and remained there, floating upwards until he could get over the wall, at which point he floated his way, awkwardly, over before moving down once more. The satyr looked visibly relaxed when his hooves were touching the ground once more.

Satyrs truly were not meant to fly, but the situation made it necessary. "Ready to offer my assistance."

Spoiler
    Show
    Free Action: Flight 6 (Pixie Dust)

Movement Action: Move to the suggested location on the map.
    "Insanity: a perfect rational adjustment to an insane world." - R.D. Laing

5. - Top - End - #695
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
    Aithos; Satyr Psion—

"Ready to offer my assistance."
    Cinder Ashborn, Pixie Harrier

"Go ahead and get started," Cinder whispers, "I'll be with ya' in a mo'. Better be riddin' us of 'em bloody drows, we ain't wantin' to be interrupted."

Spoiler
    Show
    Suggestion: either set a contingent action to attack the drow if he shows up, or else get working on the bomb. With an extra turn, you have as good a chance as I do, so no reason why you have to be the helper and Cinder the primary, and Cinder has a better chance of getting rid of the drow quickly, even if she is no Kaeverak by any stretch of the imagination - but keep an eye on the fight. Your Distract could come in very useful, given Cinder is a rogue, and it is only a minor, so you can still use it.
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2015-02-16 at 08:54 PM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

6. - Top - End - #696
    Orc in the Playground

Aithos; Satyr Psion—

Aithos looked along the path that would lead to the bomb, then nodded his head. "I'll start with the bomb before our Drow friend makes an appearance," he said, pointing with his thumb backwards to the path currently not blocked by the battlemind. "Be mindful he could come from here, too."

With that he hurried along the path that would lead to the bomb, the Stonebreaker bringing a frown to the satyr's brows when he crouched down in front of it. A thoughtful hum left him as he carefully put his staff down next to himself to have both his hands free. Pale blue eyes moved over the bomb as he went to work.

Spoiler
    Show
    Movement: To the spot on the map, above the bomb.

Standard Action: Disabling the Bomb
    Arcana: (1d20+9)[16]

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing the dwarven warrior nearly collapse beside him, Asher's grumbling became a full-fledged growl.

"Hey! Don't give up now! Where's that fabled stamina of the dwarves? Now hit him back!"

Spoiler
    Show

Minor action to use Inspiring Word on Dagrun, who regains his surge value + (1d6)[6] HP at the cost of a surge.

Standard action to use Direct the Strike on Dagrun to make an MBA at KW1. I'll go ahead and roll it to save time.
    Vs. AC: (1d20+3)[9] (+1 from Magic Weapon still in effect, but -2 from the poo pot.)
    Hit: (1d10+6)[11] damage.

I may use my AP here, too, depending on the roll.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh come on, let's get cracking," Asher grumbled, hoisting his hammer and bringing it down again, this time at the kobold who'd taken a swipe at him earlier.

Spoiler
    Show

Action point! Per Hero's Armor, Dagrun may use his Second Wind as a free action.
    Standard action to use Magic Weapon at KQ1.
    Vs. AC: (1d20+8)[11]
    Hit: (1d6+6)[7] damage and adjacent allies receive +1 power bonus to attack rolls and +3 to damage rolls UEMNT.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Troll in the Playground

Dagrun, Dwarf Cleric

At the Genasi's words, Dagrun sputters, "If ye think some ****e to the eyes is gonna be enough to do me in, ye've not been payin' attention!" As he attempts to clear his vision, he sweeps his hammer in a wide arc, and the symbol of Moradin on its head flares to life with radiant fire that erupts in the small alcove beneath the stairs. The flames sweep into two of the little dizzards with holy wrath.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Free from Asher's AP, Dagrun takes his second wind to heal 8 HP and gain +2 to all defenses UENT.
    Standard: Divine Glow on KQ1, KT7, and the Wyrmpriest - (Wisdom vs. Reflex) (1d20+5)[7] (+1 from Magic Weapon, -2 from all dat feces already added in)
    Hit: (1d8+7)[14] (+3 from Magic Weapon already added in)
    Last edited by Deadline; 2015-02-18 at 01:22 AM.
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

10. - Top - End - #700
    Troll in the Playground

Despite no less than a hammer blow from Asher and Dagrun each, and a searing burst of light form Dagrun's holy symbol, somehow the kobold swordsman is able to scamper out of the way of every single attack! As the dwarf raises his symbol, fearing the worst the kobold servant in the middle shoves his way past his comrades and dives for cover. The kobolds' leader, however, is not as lucky as these other two, and takes the blast of holy fire directly. There is a long, drawn out screech as much of his flesh burns away, and a smoking dizzard crumpling to the floor is all that remains behind as the fire fades.

(Tunneler used his encounter "get out of AoE free" card to shift outside of where Dagrun was blasting, and somehow you guys can't hit that Quickblade.)

Back in the briefing room, T-0 peers out through the peephole again, his mind starting to focus again now that the drow's bolt was out of his brain.

"Stop being a horrible failure, fellow sentient."

The warforged growls at Kaeravak, his tone noticeably less friendly now that he was not using a pre-recorded phrase.

"BURN HIM!"

Again, the warforged's voice seem to have an effect on the tiefling, as his muscles contract involuntarily, causing him to release a blast of flame at the kobold chasing him!

Spoiler: T-0
    Show

Standard - Direct the Strike on Kaeravak.
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[8] vs Reflex
    Damage: (1d12)[11] plus (1d6+5)[11] Fire

Perhaps T-0 was not as familiar with Kaeravak's modified physiology, or the insult threw off his aim sub-consciously, or perhaps the universe simply had a perverse sense of humor, but once again the fire elementalist's blast was completely off, boring into the floor right next to the shield-totting annoyance.
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2015-02-18 at 09:54 PM.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Troll in the Playground

The door leading into the dining room crashes open as the lead kobold kicks open the door, and then sidesteps so as not to be run down by the two kobolds following on his heels.
    The one that opened the door remains inside the dining room, while the other two emerge into the lobby, drawing javelins to throw but looking around to get a grasp on the situation first.

The kobold that narrowly avoided Dagrun's blast of flame runs back towards the stairs with a squawk, turning to throw a javelin his way before ducking out of sight around the staircase.

His other two remaining friends agree with the plan to continue trying to kill the re-vitalized dwarf, throwing a javelin and stabbing him with one respectively. Only one of the javelins actually manages to penetrate the dwarf's armor though. (Dagrun takes 4 damage)

Spoiler: Tunnelers
    Show

KT12
    Minor: Open Kitchen/Dining Room door
    Move: Move to Dining Room/Lobby door
    Standard: Open Door

KT5 & KT6
    Double Move to current positions on map

KT7
    Move: Move to square south of the left-half of the eastern staircase
    Standard: Throw javelin at Dagrun
    To-Hit: (1d20+6)[21]
    Damage: 4
    Minor: Shifty to current location (has cover relative to Dagrun/Asher due to staircase)

KT8
    Standard: Throw javelin at Dagrun
    To-Hit: (1d20+6)[7]

KT9
    Standard: Stab Dagrun with javelin
    To-Hit: (1d20+6)[16]

Meanwhile in the maze, Kuroi catches a glimpse of the drow as he briefly appears in the corridor to the north. He curses as he also catches sight of Kuroi, and swiftly crosses the hallway, disappearing behind the wall separating the bomb from the rest of the maze. (He crossed the hallway to the northwest of Kuroi as shown on the map). The drow is nowhere to be seen after that, although at one point he somehow trips, stones scrambling followed by a loud bang as his shoulder impacts against one of the walls.

(Well, there goes that plan . . .)

Spoiler: Drow
    Show

Move: Move to spot indicated on the map. He has total cover relative to everyone at that point.
    Standard: Actions which the team cannot see
    Stealth: (1d20+7)[12]

After blowing that roll, his current real location is where his token is on the map. Go git 'im. )

Battle-Map

Show

Drow Stalker - 25
    ----------------------
    Cinder - 24
    ----------------------
    ----------------------
    Kuroi - 17
    Kaeravak - 16
    ----------------------
    Kobold Slinger #2 - 12
    ---------------------
    T-0 - 12
    Dagrun - 11
    Aithos - 9
    Asher - 5
    ----------------------

CINDER IS UP!
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2015-02-18 at 10:20 PM.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Titan in the Playground

"Kuroi, the bastard is 'eading for a dead-end, and movin' a bit too quick to 'ave an ambush ready. Box 'im in, if you can - don't let 'im move around. Remember those damned drow will turn off the lights, and they're a $%#&in' nuisance when you can't see 'em. Aithos, you keep doin' what you're doin' - I'll be back to 'elp as soon as I put a few 'oles in the bastard."

With that, Cinder is off, taking the left path and keeping to the shadows until she gets a clear shot, which she immediately takes.

Show

Move: See map, hide
    stealth - (1d20+13)[17]

Standard: Sly Flourish@DS1
    To Hit AC - (1d20+9)[24] (+2 if I have CA) (ignores cover & superior cover)
    Damage - (1d6+7)[12]
    Sneak Attack - (2d6)[8]
    If I Hit with CA:
    Strike from Shadows: DS1 is weakened UENT (Cinder's) & Cinder hides:
    stealth - (1d20+13)[21]
    If I don't hit/hit without CA:
    Minor: prone (and if that counts enough as a move to hide, hide with the roll above)
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?

13. - Top - End - #703
    Troll in the Playground

The bolt hits the drow, even though he manages to see Cinder coming. As the drow curses, Cinder briefly fades from view.

(The Strike from Shadows was enough to give you another stealth check, which you passed this time. However, for future reference you need to use a move action to Stealth or use it as a part of a move action. Dropping Prone *might* take you out of line of sight in some situations, but not this one as they are vertical walls with nothing to crouch down (drop prone) behind. )

Shuffling backwards and then forwards again, the kobold swordsman tumbles past Dagrun, slashing at him as he comes to rest over the fallen body of his leader.

Spoiler: Quickblade
    Show

Minor: Shifty to the west
    Move: Shift three squares to his current position
    Standard: Attack Dagrun
    Damage: (1d6+12)[18] (+8 for shifting, +1 for adjacent kobold ally)

The shield-bearing kobold meanwhile relentlessly follows kaeravak, slashing at the tiefling elementalist yet again!

Spoiler: Dragonshield
    Show

Move: Move around table to current location on map
    Standard: Stab Kaeravak
    To-Hit: (1d20+6)[22]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[7]
    Hit: Kaeravak is Marked

The swordsman's blow glances off of Dagrun's armor, but Kaeravak is not so lucky as his opponent carves another bloody line across his chest.

(Kaeravak takes 7 damage - already marked.)

Battle-Map

Show

Drow Stalker - 25
    ----------------------
    Cinder - 24
    ----------------------
    ----------------------
    Kuroi - 17
    Kaeravak - 16
    ----------------------
    Kobold Slinger #2 - 12
    ---------------------
    T-0 - 12
    Dagrun - 11
    Aithos - 9
    Asher - 5
    ----------------------

KUROI & KAERAVAK ARE UP!
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2015-02-19 at 06:29 AM.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kuroi [Battlemind]
    Noticing movement in the corner of his eye, Kuroi turns around to see drow's backing up to the north-east part of the maze.

"Oh no, you don't!", he dashed to the east, as there was a path that intersected with the one drow took.

As soon as the target was in his sight, young battlemind sent out the psychic wave towards it and lounges forward with an attack, attempting to impale the opponent...

Show
    Movement: Move to intercept drow (red path to the east-north-east)

Minor: Battlemind's Demand vs DS1 and it's marked until I use this power again or end of encounter

Standard: Vicious Cobra Strike vs DS1
    Attack: (1d20+8)[12] CON vs AC
    Hit: (1d10+4)[8] psychic damage, also Mark, but irrelevant due to DS1 being already marked

Contingencies:
    Blurred Step: If DS1 shifts - Kuroi also shifts 1 square as Opportunity Action.
    Mind Spike: If DS1 attacks anyone - he takes force and psychic damage equal to the damage that its attack dealt.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Ettin in the Playground

Another cut, another coerced groan as Kaervak's discipline barely holds out against his immediate impulse to conflagrate this hounding annoyance.

"Getting _real_ tired of this thing. And missing too I guess, but mainly the fact that it keeps shiving my damn sides."

Clutching at the wound, he picks out a cluster of kobs in enticing proximity.

"See if I can't put em down..."

Mumbles the pseudotiefling while another globule of fire prepares to launch, crackling with menace as it burgeons upon the tip of his dagger.

"You're on pest control again T."

At that the roaring sphere howls towards its target.

Spoiler
    Show
    Round 5

Move Action: Shift to designated position; Stealth check 9.

Standard Action: Ignition
    Attack vs KT9 Fortitude: (1d20+6)[7] (-2 from Marked included)
    Attack vs KS2 Fortitude: (1d20+6)[9]
    Attack vs KQ1 Fortitude: (1d20+6)[17]
    Hit Effect: (1d10+10)[11] fire damage.
    Effect: Burst creates a zone until the start of Kaeravak's next turn. Creatures that enter or end their turn in the zone take 2 fire damage, and can only take this damage 1 / turn.

Contingencies:

16. - Top - End - #706
    Troll in the Playground

Even as Kaeravak's blast streaks through the air towards his intended target(s), some sixth sense warns the javelin-wielding kobold.
    The little twerp turns and runs, paradoxically *towards* Kaeravak, a moment before the explosion engulfs where he had been, killing the swordsman kobold in the process.

The sling wielder, however, is not so badly harmed, being on the edge of the blast.
    Swatting out the flames that have sprouted from one sleeve, the slinger backs out of the pool of fire circulating at his feet.
    The kobold reaches down for another clay pot, but finding none, instead pulls out a rock and uses that before retreating into the dining room.
    In his haste to escape, however, the kobold slinger's shot goes wide, arcing up into the ceiling rather than into the dwarf.
    As it disappears into the dining room, however, the slinger spits a word in draconic and points.
    Six draconic heads turn in response to see the tiefling arcanist standing there, framed in the destroyed remains of the wall leading to the briefing room.

Show

Minor: Shift out of the zone
    Standard: Sling at Dagrun
    To-Hit: (1d20+6)[8]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[9]
    Move: Move to current position on map

Battle-Map

Show

Drow Stalker - 25
    ----------------------
    Cinder - 24
    ----------------------
    ----------------------
    Kuroi - 17
    Kaeravak - 16
    ----------------------
    Kobold Slinger #2 - 12
    ---------------------
    T-0 - 12
    Dagrun - 11
    Aithos - 9
    Asher - 5
    ----------------------

Last edited by Inspectre; 2015-02-21 at 12:16 AM.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Orc in the Playground

Aithos; Satyr Psion—

Aithos hummed as he let his eyes travel over the bomb, his fingers trailing carefully over arcane runes and lines with only an hairbreadth between him and the bomb. He had heard of the bombs, been in the background when the tiefling had spoken about them and how to disable them — but it was one thing to hear of it, and another to actually try and do so.

Another hum left him, a possible way to remove one vial may have been found, but he rather continued to study the bomb so not to cause it to detonate. That would not exactly be in anyone's interest.

Well, the bad guys may find it a blast.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Action: Studying the Bomb
    Accumulated Bonus for Studying: +1 (+17 total of 20 needed)

18. - Top - End - #708
    Troll in the Playground

Advancing out of his hidey hole now that the battle seemed to be winding down, the warforged gestures at the kobold doggedly chasing Kaeravak.

"Eliminate the target this time."

The warforged commands, as Kaeravak's body once again obeys!

Show

Move: Move to indicated position on the map
    Standard: Direct the Strike on Kaeravak vs. Dragonshield
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[26]
    Damage: (1d12)[4] plus (1d6+5)[6] Fire

A glancing blow from Kaeravak's bolt of fire, but still sufficient to ash a significant portion of the kobold's chest through his shield and armor.

Meanwhile, Dagrun and Asher focus on thinning out the remaining kobolds nearby now that their leaders were dead.
    Asher with a swing of his hammer and Dagrun with a blast of holy fire.

Spoiler: Asher
    Show

Move: Shift south
    Standard: Magic Weapon Warhammer versus KT8
    To-Hit: (1d20+8)[24]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[9]
    Hit: Dagrun gains +1 To-Hit, +3 Damage

Spoiler: Dagrun
    Show

Standard: Sacred Flame vs KT9
    To-Hit: (1d20+5)[15] vs Reflex
    Damage: (1d6+4)[7] Fire

Both of their targets fall, thinning the horde of dizzards but not stopping it!
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2015-02-25 at 08:28 PM.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Troll in the Playground

Most of the remaining kobolds advance further into the lobby, hurling javelins at Kaeravak.
    Two projectiles clatter against the nearby wall, but the last one glances off of the tiefling's arm as he ducks into the cover provided by what's left of the wall.

The last one continues the relentless assault on Dagrun.
    He gets a lucky shot in, striking the dwarf's armor in an already dented joint and managing to draw blood.

Show

KT 5, 6, & 7
    Move & Minor: Move/Shifty to current locations
    Standard: Throw javelins at Kaeravak (-2 Cover)
    To-Hit: (1d20+4)[11]

To-Hit: (1d20+4)[14]

To-Hit: (1d20+4)[8]

KT12
    Move: Move into Lobby
    Standard: Throw Javelin at Dagrun
    To-Hit: (1d20+6)[24]

Minor: Shifty to Current Location
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2015-02-25 at 08:34 PM.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Troll in the Playground

"Damnit!"

The drow curses as Kuroi pulls his weapon back for another swing. He makes a gesture, and suddenly a cloud of gaseous shadow spills out of his cloud, quickly obscuring him from sight!
    Kuroi is aware that the drow is still back there in the corner though, as a moment later a scimitar blade slashes at his gut!
    Only blind ( ) luck manages to see the warrior's halberd set up in the proper guard position to block the attack!

Spoiler: Drow Stalker
    Show

Minor: Darkfire Cloud, Close Burst 1
    Effect: Until the end of the stalker's next turn, the area is shrouded in vision-blocking darkness. Drow are unaffected.

Standard: Scimitar vs. Kuroi
    To-Hit: (1d20+10)[18] (+2 CA)
    Damage: (1d8+14)[20] (Automatic crit on targets that cannot see the Drow Stalker, +1d8 on crits due to High Crit)

If Attack hits Kuroi, free follow-up attack that does not provoke OAs vs. Cinder
    To-Hit: (1d20+8)[25] (+2 CA, -2 Cover)
    Damage: 12 (Automatic crit on targets that cannot see the Drow Stalker)

Battle-Map

Show

Drow Stalker - 25
    ----------------------
    Cinder - 24
    Kuroi - 17
    Kaeravak - 16
    ----------------------
    Kobold Slinger #2 - 12
    ---------------------
    T-0 - 12
    Dagrun - 11
    Aithos - 9
    Asher - 5
    ----------------------

CINDER, KUROI, KAERAVAK ARE UP!
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2015-02-25 at 08:45 PM.

21. - Top - End - #711
    Titan in the Playground

"Good work, Kuroi. Hold 'im 'ere, I'll be back in a jiffy." Then, flying above the wall, he comes to rest on Aithos shoulder. "'Ey, nice progress, Aithos. Just pull out them bluish crystal, that's the secondary detonator. Once it's out, we can go for the primary. But we definitely need to 'elp Kuroi 'afore we do that - that bastard almost took 'is 'ead off from that blasted darkness cloud of 'em drows."

Show

Minor: Agile Recovery: Stand Up

Move to Aithos' square, hide
    stealth - (1d20+13)[14] Perfect time to critically fumble the roll, I must say

Standard: Aid Another (autosuccess). Aithos gets +2 to his roll, and if he uses inspiration, he should have enough to also autosucceed.
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2015-02-25 at 09:09 PM.

22. - Top - End - #712
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kuroi [Battlemind]
    Exhaling sharply as scimitar's blade bounced of the well placed halberd, Kuroi slightly backed up as he assumed a more defensive stance, rotating his weapon in wide arches.

"I can hold him for a bit longer, but you better hurry up with that damn bomb back here!"

Show
    Standard: Total Defense +2 to all defenses until start of my next turn.

Contingencies:
    Blurred Step: If drow shifts - Kuroi also shifts 1 square as Opportunity Action.
    Mind Spike: If drow attacks anyone - he takes force and psychic damage equal to the damage that its attack dealt.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Troll in the Playground

Kaeravak returns fire with, well, fire as another spear of heat lances out from his hand to skewer one of the javelin kobolds.

Spoiler: Kaeravak
    Show

Standard: Fire Bolt vs. KT7
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[19]
    Damage: Much More than Enough

A moment later, the slinger reappears in the doorway, throwing another stone at Dagrun. It then ducks back through the doorway

Show

Move: Move to just south of the doorway
    Standard: Sling Stone vs. Dagrun
    To-Hit: (1d20+6)[12]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[5]
    Minor: Shifty through the doorway to just inside the dining room

Show

Drow Stalker - 25
    ----------------------
    Cinder - 24
    Kuroi - 17
    Kaeravak - 16
    ----------------------
    Kobold Slinger #2 - 12
    ---------------------
    T-0 - 12
    Dagrun - 11
    Aithos - 9
    Asher - 5
    ----------------------

24. - Top - End - #714
    Troll in the Playground

Dagrun, Dwarf Cleric

Finally managing to scrape off enough crap from his face, Dagrun is bathed in radiance as he whispers a quiet prayer. His eyes flare with a brief flash of blue light and with the faint sound of iron marching on stone, the ghostly dwarven specter that had been accompanying him earlier fades into view in front of the doorway that the kobold slinger had been using. "That's quite enough of that, ye slagging tunnel rat!" Dagrun shouts. He rotates his shoulders in a stretch while his old joints pop and crackle in protest. He plants his feet and prepares to move. He glances back to Asher, "I think we've bunkered down enough here, eh lad? Let's move out and sweep the garbage out of our new home."

Show
    Minor: Healing Word on himself - he heals his surge value (8), plus (1d6+4)[9].

Standard: Summon up his Spirit Companion to block the doorway the slinger is using to take potshots at him.
    Last edited by Deadline; 2015-03-07 at 05:41 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

25. - Top - End - #715
    Orc in the Playground

Aithos; Satyr Psion—

Aithos glanced to the side when Cinder sat down on his shoulder, a chuckle sounding from him. "Glad you approve," he said, doing as she suggested as he removed the blue crystal from the bomb, carefully. Even without it, the bomb was not disarmed, but it was progress, indeed. Getting up and taking his staff along, he gave a slight nod, giving the bomb one final look before moving.

"Better not leave Kuroi waiting. Hold on, if you wish to hitch a ride." He noted as he made his way through the maze until their human companion was in sight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Action: Removing Blue Crystal
    Accumulated Bonus for Studying: +2 (+18 total of 20 needed)
    Assistance Bonus from Cinder: +2 (20 total of 20 needed)
    Free Action: Adept's Insight
    Augmented 1 Effect: Add (1d4+1)[2] to the above roll, just to be safe.

Movement: (Aithos, possibly Cinder, too) To indicated place on the map.

Contingency:
    Intellect Fortress (Immediate Interrupt): If Aithos is hit by an attack, he gains a power bonus to a defense of his choice equal to his CHA mod. This lasts until the end of his next turn.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Troll in the Playground

T-0 points at another kobold, causing Kaeravak's muscles to uncontrollably spasm and unleash another blast of flame.
    As the warforged gestures as well, smoke begins to leak from the side of its head where the drow bolt had penetrated.
    Clearly, the warforged's growing malfunction causes the tiefling's attack to miss.

Show

Standard: Direct the Strike vs. KT6
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[10] vs. Reflex
    Damage: Enough

Moving to stand alongside Dagrun, Asher pulls out his crossbow and snaps off a shot at one of the few remaining enemies.
    A warm glow surrounds Dagrun as the bolt lands.

Spoiler: Asher
    Show

Move: Shift to indicated position
    Minor: Switch up to Crossbow
    Standard: Fire at KT5
    Damage: Enough
    Hit: Dagrun gains +1 To-Hit, +3 Damage on his next attack
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2015-03-08 at 10:33 AM.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Troll in the Playground

The last two kobolds race towards the hole in the wall, throwing two javelins at Kaeravak. (Hah! No temp HP to save you this time!)
    Both thrown weapons hit, drawing blood. (Even with the cover bonus I forgot to apply.)

Show

KT 6 & KT 12
    Move: Move to indicated position
    Standard: Throw javelins at Kaeravak

To-Hit: (1d20+6)[20]

To-Hit: (1d20+6)[24]

Meanwhile, outside Kuroi hears a murmured "**** this", followed by a scrambling as the drow scales the wall.
    (This will provoke a blind OA from Kuroi.

Spoiler: Drow
    Show

Move: Scale the wall using Climb - he can brace against the two opposite walls in his corner, so the DC is reduced.
    Athletics: (1d20+4)[10]
    Standard: Move away in the maze if successful, if not, try to climb again.
    Athletics: (1d20+4)[23]

(First check is successful I believe, so the drow is moving off in the maze - you can hear where he ends his turn. Cloud of Darkness also goes away.)

Battle-Map

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show

Drow Stalker - 25
    ----------------------
    Cinder - 24
    Kuroi - 17
    Kaeravak - 16
    ----------------------
    Kobold Slinger #2 - 12
    ---------------------
    T-0 - 12
    Dagrun - 11
    Aithos - 9
    Asher - 5
    ----------------------

CINDER, KUROI, & KAERAVAK ARE UP!
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2015-03-08 at 11:00 AM.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Titan in the Playground

"Bloody 'ell, these drow mercs are really a bunch o' chickens. Third lot that be tryin' to run away just 'cause they're asses are on the line. Shoddy, real shoody." Says Cinder from Aithos' soulder as they run the corner just in time to hear the drow dropping on the other side of the wall. "But if 'e think 'e can outrun me 'ere, 'e ain't payin' no attention."

Cinder jumps off Aithos, and takes a side route, staying high in the air along the top edge of the maze walls. She spots the drow in flight, and, staying well behind a wall for protection, peppers him with darts. If nothing else, she can ensure he won't be in a hurry to come back.

Show

Move: See map, and hide
    stealth - (1d20+13)[24]

Standard: Sly Flourish
    To Hit AC - (1d20+9)[23] (+2 if hidden)
    Damage - (1d6+7)[8]
    Damage - (2d6)[12] (only if hidden)
    If hidden and I hit:
    No Action: Strike from Shadows: Drow is weakened, and I move and hide.
    If I am not hidden or I miss:
    Minor: prone (auto-land, behind full cover), and hide:
    stealth - (1d20+13)[15]

Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2015-03-08 at 03:08 PM.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kuroi [Battlemind]
    As cloud of darkness dissipated, Kuroi sighed and asked into the air:

"Why do they always try to run?"

After that rhetorical question, he used his halberd to give himself a boost climbing over the maze wall to continue pursue of the slippery drow..

Show
    Movement: Climb the wall (1d20+6)[19] adding Adept’s Insight [+1] bonus to tip scales on this

Movement(standart): Pursue drow
    Last edited by Kuroi; 2015-03-11 at 11:30 PM. Reason: damn it, how many mistypes I can make ... posting at 6am is bad :(

30. - Top - End - #720
    Ettin in the Playground

Pulling one of the javelins from his thigh with an agonized growl, Kaeravak remains nonetheless focused on his greater priority.

"Annoying pests; I've bigger fish, to uh... fry.

Picking out the slinger beyond Dagrun's ancestral spirit, the air about his quarry assumes a characteristic shimmer as the air rapidly vibrates into explosive flashpoint of fire.

"See if you lot can mop up the remainder. Once we're done with em and this area's clear, we'll move out to reinforce Cinder."

Spoiler
    Show
    Round 6

Standard Action: Ignition
    Attack vs KS2 Fortitude: (1d20+8)[9]
    Hit Effect: (1d10+10)[15] fire damage.
    Effect: Burst creates a zone until the start of Kaeravak's next turn. Creatures that enter or end their turn in the zone take 2 fire damage, and can only take this damage 1 / turn.

Contingencies:

Hellfire Heart
    Trigger: You hit KS2 but don't deal enough damage to kill him.
    Effect: The enemy takes 6 fire damage. Until the start of your next turn, it has a -2 penalty to the attack rolls of attacks that include you as a target