Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 755
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Rushing forward, Khitan summons a barrage of bolts of radiant energy, hammering all of the X-Ds that he is able to see. The unarmored figure next to the bodies of the Tailwind's crew goes down silently, while the armored alien staggers back, clawing at its eyes. Even the shadow standing just inside the doorway of the Tailwind's cabin is not spared the wrath of Khitan's gods.

    But then, from within the depths of the crashed airship's cabin, comes the X-D's counterattack. Leaning out of the doorway, the gaunt figure that Khitan had just blasted retaliates with a retched-up glob of poisonous bile. But no sooner has the wad of deadly spittle left the creature's lips before its twin appears beside it, leaning out of the doorway to snap a shot off at the brave deva with its crossbow! As soon as the attacks are on their way, the twin creatures are pulling back into the pitch blackness of the airship cabin's interior.

    Spoiler: Attacks vs Khitan
    Show

    Thin Man #2's Readied Action: Poison Spittle
    To-Hit: (vs Fort, -2 Cover) (1d20+3)[7]
    Damage: (1d4+4)[6] Poison
    Hit: Target takes Ongoing 5 Poison (Save Ends, -2 Penalty)

    Thin Man #2 - Free Action if Attack Misses: Return to Stealth
    (1d20+9)[16]

    Thin Man #1's Readied Action: Venomous Bolt
    To-Hit: (vs AC, -2 Cover, +2 CA, +2 While Hidden) (1d20+9)[17]
    Damage: (1d10+5)[15]
    Hit: If Target is Taking Ongoing Poison Damage, Increase by 3.

    Thin Man #1 - Free Action If Attack Misses: Return to Stealth
    (1d20+9)[16]

    Thin Men Initiative is essentially unchanged, since they went before Khitan anyway, and he triggered their actions.


    The glob of spittle misses, but the crossbow bolt finds its mark, burying itself deep in Khitan's chest. The creature jeers at the wounded deva from the doorway, leaving its visible while its companion slinks back into the shadows. But the deva's sharp eyes can still see it clearly as day despite the darkness - they are both still there, flanking either side of the open doorway.
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2014-01-22 at 09:51 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2008

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Following Khitan's lead, Kaeravak runs towards cover, igniting a pyrebomb mid-stride before he flings it hard towards the hapless xray near Khitan. The tiefling's momentum launches his blaze well above intervening cover to ultimately crater beside the unfortunate target where it explodes on impact, spraying liquid fire in all directions. The outcome is a rather crispy, and dead, alien.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Move 5 squares.

    Standard: Ignition Origin square 1 square to the northwest of Sectoid Legionnaire 1 (SG1)
    Attack vs SG1's Fortitude: (1d20+9)[14](23) (+2 due to CA as SG1 can't see Kaeravak, +1 due to Bloodhunt racial)
    Hit Effect: (1d10+9)[4](13) fire damage.
    Effect: The burst creates a zone until the start of Kaeravak's next turn. A creature that enters the zone or ends its turn there takes 2 fire damage. A creature can only take this damage once per turn.

    Contingencies:

    Immediate Interrupt: Guardian's Counter
    Trigger:
    An ally within a close burst 2 is hit by an attack that doesn't include Kaeravak as a target.
    Target: The triggering ally.
    Effect: Kaeravak and the target shift to switch places, and Kaeravak becomes the target of the triggering attack. Kaeravak then makes a basic attack against the triggering attacker.

    Free Action: Infernal Wrath
    Trigger:
    Kaeravak takes damage from a creature within 10 squares of him
    Target: Close burst 10 (triggering enemy within the burst)
    Effect: Kaeravak deals 1d6+5 fire damage to the triggering creature.

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    The armored creature, just as unlucky as the one in the last battle, collapses without even getting to see its killers. It collapses in a pool of its own dark blood as fire erupts all around it.

    Spoiler: Initiative Order
    Show

    -Bad Guys-
    Thin Men - 21

    --Good Guys--
    Khitan - 21
    Kaeravak - 16

    --Bad Guys--
    Sectoid Legionnaire - 15 DEAD

    --Good Guys-- CURRENT PEEPS UP
    Dagrun - 13
    Cinder - 9

    -Bad Guys-
    Nasty Surprise - 9
    Sectoid Grunts - 5

    -Good Guys-
    Akamenos - 5
    Ferrum/Waifera -- 5



    (Cinder and Dagrun are up!)
    Battle Map
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Cinder Ashborn, Pixie Harrier


    Cinder leaves her protection, but stays so low as to remain invisible to her target - the disgusting pseudo-humans that just nailed Khitan but revealed themselves in the process. Once again, the shot is done at close to maximum distance, and towards an enemy mostly behind cover, so Cinder doesn't spend too many resources on an unlikely attack. Instead, she sends the splinters on their way and without waiting to see if she hit or not, she dives into the low cover nearby and vanishes from view.

    The distant thunks of darts hitting soft flesh tells her that she got lucky.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show


    Move: As indicated in the map. Note that there is always low cover between Cinder and the thin men, so she retains CA

    Minor: Perception - (1d20+5)[14] because I might get lucky

    Standard: Gloaming Cut @ Thin Man 2 1 (the one I can see)
    To Hit AC - (1d20+6)[25](inc. +2 CA, -2 Cover, -2 long distance)
    Damage - (3d6)[13] (inc. Sneak Attack)
    Effect: shift 2 and hide:
    stealth - (1d20+11)[24] (see map)

    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2014-01-22 at 11:13 PM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Deadline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Necro-equestrian Pugilism
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Dagrun curses quietly as his allies rapidly outpace him. He weighs the options, potentially fiery death from the craft flying above, or running straight into the waiting X-D forces. His mind is made up for him when he sees the grave crossbow wound that Khitan takes. He tenses his muscles, and sets off at a dead sprint for cover from the alien craft.

    As he slams down into cover, he holds his holy symbol aloft and sends a pulse of healing energy to Khitan.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Run 7 squares
    Move: Run 7 squares
    Minor: Healing Word on Khitan

    Khitan can spend a Healing Surge to regain (Khitan's Surge Value) + (1d6+4)[7] hp
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

    Signature of Holding

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Even as the bolt leaves a gaping wound in Khitan's chest, his allies are already moving to aid him. Cinder avenges him with a barrage of thorns that finds flesh even through the darkness and cover of the airship's doorframe, while Dagrun rushes forward and heals Khitan of his terrible wound, the mending flesh pushing the Thin Man's bolt back out of his chest. (Khitan may spend a healing surge and get an extra 7 HP, which I believe is 14 HP back, leaving him 1 HP below his max).

    No sooner have Cinder and Dagrun moved forward but the area surrounding the airship explodes into sudden activity as hidden foes reveal themselves!

    From the pile of debris to the northwest of Cinder, a pair of amophorous black masses ooze out from where they had been hiding. They flow along the ground with horrifying speed, drawn unerringly towards Cinder (she doesn't have cover relative to the two of them, and like most oozes they have Blindsight, and they also did ridiculously well on their stealth checks, so there was no warning that they were hiding there). As they near the pixie, the blobs leap up into the air, seeking to engulf her! She manages to duck under the one, only for the other one to strike her directly on the chin, splashing across her mouth and the top of her shoulders. Unlike water, however, the foul liquid moves with a life of its own, clogging her mouth and nose and wrapping around her arms.

    Spoiler: Ichoroids
    Show

    Ichoroid #1 vs. Cinder
    To-Hit: (+1 Charge, +2 CA for being hidden until Charge is resolved) (1d20+7)[19] vs Reflex
    Damage: 3
    Hit: Restrained (Until Escape) & (1d4)[2] Extra Status Effect
    Hit Location: Mouth & Nose - You are rendered mute as if gagged, and cannot breathe (Until Escape). You also take a cumulative -1 penalty to escape for each Ichoroid attached (currently 1, so -1)
    Hit: Ichoroid #1 is now occupying your square, Grabbing you (You escape when it dies or Escape using Athletics/Acrobatics vs DC 14 (effectively 15 with the -1 penalty to Escape). You can also use forced movement to get away, but since it's in your square you need to somehow get 2 squares away so it's no longer adjacent). Single Target attacks that hit the Ichoroid do half damage to you and half damage to it if they come from outside the grab, and AoE is AoE - it can hit you for full effect just as easily as it can hit the Ichoroid.

    Ichoroid #2 vs Cinder
    To-Hit: (+1 Charge, +2 CA for being hidden until Charge is resolved) (1d20+7)[11] vs Reflex
    Damage: 3
    Hit: Restrained & (1d4)[4] Extra Status Effect


    From the darkness behind the crashed airship's cabin, a small figure leans out and snaps off a shot at Khitan before disappearing back into the darkness behind the airship - a clear miss. Even through the darkness though, the Deva's sharp senses can hear them scuttling around, pinpointing their locations (they are as they are on the map, but please remember that they are invisible to you - if your name isn't Khitan - if their stealth checks beat your passive perception or your perception check if you use a minor action to look around - you see whichever ones your passive/active perception beats the stealth checks below).

    Spoiler: Sectoids
    Show

    Sectoid Grunt #2
    To-Hit: (+2 CA, -2 Cover) (1d20+6)[7]
    Damage: 4
    Move: Back around behind the Airship and attempting to stealth.
    Stealth: (1d20+6)[12]

    Sectoid Grunt #3
    Standard: Establish Mental Link with Sectoid Grunt #4
    Currently Unknown effects, but the link is invisible unlike in the game due to it being a purely mental connection. The arrow on the map is just for the benefit of knowing who is buffing who.
    Move: Stealth: (1d20+6)[18]


    Sectoid Grunt #4
    Move: Move to behind the airship's cabin, attempting to stealth at the end of the move. (1d20+6)[17]
    Standard: Ready an action.


    Spoiler: Initiative Order
    Show

    -Bad Guys-
    Thin Men - 21

    --Good Guys--
    Khitan - 21
    Kaeravak - 16

    --Bad Guys--
    Sectoid Legionnaire - 15 DEAD

    --Good Guys--
    Dagrun - 13
    Cinder - 9

    -Bad Guys-
    Nasty Surprise - 9
    Sectoid Grunts - 5

    -Good Guys- CURRENT PEEPS UP
    Akamenos - 5
    Ferrum/Waifera -- 5


    (Akamenos and Ferrum/Waifera are up!)
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2014-01-23 at 11:46 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Hircine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Having witnessed the destructive power of the X-D craft first hand, Akamenos hurriedly sprints across the scorched landscape to an area outside the flying monstrosity's range. He finds cover behind some debris from one of the skyranger wrecks. As he's catching his breath the tiefling peers out to get an idea of the alien patrol's positioning.

    Akamenos Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Run 8
    Move: Run 8
    Minor: Perception Check (1d20+5)[21]
    Currently DMing:

    Adventures in the Nentir Vale: IC OOC GS

    Valiant Hearts: IC OOC GS

    Currently Playing:


    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    EXACTLY 12 NOON.
    Like a boss, Hircine, like a boss.

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Irish Musician's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A Pub Near You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Ferrum, Cyborg Satyr Warden
    Trying to keep up with the rest, and not doing the best of jobs, Ferrum runs into the wreckage of the ship. He stops just behind a large piece of it and looks back at Waifera, "Ready to get into the fray soon? You shoot over my shoulder and I'll slice them up!" Both his arms flex out straight to his sides and his armblade and shield morph out of his arms, ready for combat.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    Move x2 - Run twice to get in the cyan area
    Minor - "take out" weapons

    My turn isn't very exciting this time, sorry
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

    DMing:

    Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

    My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

    LGBTA+ Ally

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    (Note, since Waifera is tied to your back, I'm going to have her treated as if she moved as well - i.e. she also took a Run action. On the plus side, despite being Dazed, she's now in range to attack something!)

    At Ferrum's comment, Waifera stirs from where she had been tied to the cyborg's back. Twisting around in place for a moment, she points at the distant Cinder and calls out.

    "Eew, what . . . what is that thing!? Looks like something I *cough* scraped off my shoe!"

    She rasps, but possibly loud enough for the strange ooze wrapped around Cinder to hear. Judging by the fact that the ooze does not stop trying to force itself inside of Cinder while simultaneously crushing her throat and upper arms, it either does not hear Waifera or care what she thinks of it.

    Spoiler: Waifera
    Show

    Vicious Mockery against Ichoroid #1
    To-Hit: (-5 due to Run vs Will) (1d20)[3]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[10] Psychic


    -END ROUND 1-

    Spoiler: Bad Stuff Incoming
    Show

    Party Round 2, Plus In-Combat: (1d20+6)[23]


    A keening whine fills the air, soft at first but rapidly gaining strength. The metal predator in the sky has found you, and it's coming in for the kill!

    (Anyone who is outside the safe zone at the end of this turn is a valid target. That does not mean that it will manage to shoot everybody, but somebody outside the safe zone is getting strafed.)

    -BEGIN ROUND 2-

    Seeing that their position has been compromised, the shadowy gaunt figures near the doorway to the airship hiss in irritation and fade back into the darkness inside - but not before loosing another pair of crossbow bolts at Khitan. Another bolt fired by the same Thin Man finds Khitan's chest - clearly that one was a crack shot. Distracted by the pain of yet another bolt in his chest, Khitan loses track of the two creatures as they fade into the airship. They're in there somewhere, but where, no one knows.

    (Khitan takes 13 damage from another bolt).

    Spoiler: Thin Men
    Show
    Thin Man #2

    Recharge: (1d6)[5]
    Minor: Reload
    Standard: Venomous Bolt vs. Khitan
    To-Hit: (vs AC, -2 Cover) (1d20+5)[13]
    Damage: (1d10+5)[12]
    Hit: If Target is Taking Ongoing Poison Damage, Increase by 3.

    Move: Fade back into the darkness inside the airship, moving around inside.
    Stealth: (1d20+9)[20]

    Thin Man #1
    Minor: Reload
    Standard: Venomous Bolt vs. Khitan
    To-Hit: (vs AC, -2 Cover) (1d20+5)[18]
    Damage: (1d10+5)[13]
    Hit: If Target is Taking Ongoing Poison Damage, Increase by 3.

    Move: Fade back into the darkness inside the airship, moving around inside.
    Stealth: (1d20+9)[29]


    Spoiler: Initiative Order
    Show

    -Bad Guys-
    Thin Men - 21

    --Good Guys-- CURRENT PEEPS UP


    Khitan - 21
    Kaeravak - 16

    --Bad Guys--
    Sectoid Legionnaire - 15 DEAD

    --Good Guys--
    Dagrun - 13
    Cinder - 9

    -Bad Guys-
    Ichoroids - 9
    Sectoid Grunts - 5

    -Good Guys-
    Akamenos - 5
    Ferrum/Waifera -- 5


    Battle Map

    Spoiler: Visibility
    Show

    Perception Checks Required to see Creatures - the party knows where which square every enemy is in *except* the two Thin Men. Passive Perception equal or greater than these values mean you see them automatically, otherwise you need to use a minor action to make a new Perception check

    Thin Man #1 - Perception 29
    Thin Man #2 - Perception 20

    Ichoroid #1 - Visible (Behind that low cover by Cinder though)
    Ichoroid #2 - Visible (Behind that low Cover by Cinder though)

    Sectoid Grunt #2 - Perception 12
    Sectoid Grunt #3 - Perception 18
    Sectoid Grunt #4 - Perception 17



    Khitan, Kaeravak, Cinder, and Dagrun are all up!
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2014-01-24 at 10:16 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Cinder Ashborn, Pixie Harrier


    As the disgusting thing covers her head to toe, Cinder's first instinct it to escape. Twisting about herself, she makes the best possible use of her small size to find a way out.

    Spoiler: 1st action
    Show

    Sorry, I'm going to have to multi-post. Too many things change if I do or do not manage to escape the grab

    Move: Escape grab
    Acrobatics - (1d20+9)[21]
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2014-01-25 at 10:20 AM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Cinder Ashborn, Pixie Harrier


    Cinder swerves, twists and loops-the-loop, and finally one of the tendrils suffocating her tangles two others and then itself, and she is released. She beats her wings furiously, gaining height. The tentacles are still reaching for her, so she slashes at then with her sword. But with the sound of approaching doom from the sky becoming more clear, she doesn't dare stay and teach the thing a lesson. Pulling on her reserves, she flies away from the things, to the relative safety of the rest of the group. Given her recent experience, she stays well away from the ground. Not completely out of reach, but definitely harder to keep grabbed.

    Spoiler: Rest of turn
    Show

    Standard: Dazing strike @ Ichoroid 1
    To Hit AC - (1d20+8)[12]
    Damage - (1d8+4)[8]
    Hit: target is dazed UENT (Cinder's)

    AP: Move (see map) - alt.1
    If Ichoroid#1 isn't dazed, he gets an OA
    & Hide (assuming the solid cover is at least 2 squares tall)
    stealth - (1d20+11)[12]

    Minor: Perception - (1d20+5)[7]

    Wow. That's some terrible rolls. Glad I at least got a decent one to escape the grab. But with my luck, their OA can grab.
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2014-01-24 at 11:05 PM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Spoiler: Ichoroid OA
    Show

    To-Hit: (vs Reflex) (1d20+4)[13]
    Damage: 3
    Hit: Restrained & (1d4)[1] Extra Status Effect


    Twisting her way free of the ball of shiny black ooze, Cinder flies up into the air and rapidly swoops away from it. As she goes, the glob jumps up into the air after her, but it sails past her, tendrils stretching out for her head again, but the creature falls short. Cinder flies away, to the safety of the airship - just in time as the silver streak becomes visible, heading in on its attack run.
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2014-01-25 at 12:15 AM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Cinder Ashborn, Pixie Harrier


    Cinder, still dripping the disgusting ichor from the creature, arrives almost breathless and stays above her team's heads. "Can any of you lock those things down before they follow me? I'd pay good money to see 'em burn"
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2014-01-25 at 10:06 AM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2008

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Looking skyward, warily eyeing the inbound ship, Kaeravak seems to realize that his current position is no longer tenable as he scrabbles to his feet. Without further hesitation, he sprints toward the relative safety of his companions in hopes of evading whatever terrible firepower the assault craft meant to bear.

    Once in place, he looks between his targets, a pair of small oozes and the darkness beyond the airship's porthole from which bolts had savaged Khitan with deadly accuracy. With the grotesque facsimile of a man hiding well out of his companion's line of fire, the tiefling's facing clearly signifies his choice, well before he replies to Cinder:

    "I'm the only one with a clear shot on that sniper short of barreling into its porthole, while the blobs are in plain sight. Would love to crisp em, but I've got other priorities."

    A familiar burning then coalesces in the pyromancer's palm moments before it is abruptly flung towards the hidden enemy. He cringes with fearful apprehension when his projectile just narrowly squeezes through shattered glass adjacent to light up the craft, and the hostile, within.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Move 6 squares, Stealth: (1d20-1)[10](9)

    Minor: Perception: 19 (see OOC).

    Standard: Ignition Origin square 1 square to the east of Thin Man 1 (TM1)
    Attack vs TM1's Fortitude: (1d20+6)[20](26) (+2 due to CA as TM1 can't see Kaeravak? Not included in roll.) CRIT!
    Hit Effect: (1d10+9)[9](18) 19 fire damage due to crit.
    Effect: The burst creates a zone until the start of Kaeravak's next turn. A creature that enters the zone or ends its turn there takes 2 fire damage. A creature can only take this damage once per turn.

    Contingencies:

    Immediate Interrupt: Guardian's Counter
    Trigger:
    An ally within a close burst 2 is hit by an attack that doesn't include Kaeravak as a target.
    Target: The triggering ally.
    Effect: Kaeravak and the target shift to switch places, and Kaeravak becomes the target of the triggering attack. Kaeravak then makes a basic attack against the triggering attacker.

    Free Action: Infernal Wrath
    Trigger:
    Kaeravak takes damage from a creature within 10 squares of him
    Target: Close burst 10 (triggering enemy within the burst)
    Effect: Kaeravak deals 1d6+5 fire damage to the triggering creature.

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    As the flames summoned by Kaeravak collapse into smoldering embers that threaten to catch what's left of the Tailwind on fire, a puff of blue hued gas wafts out of the smashed airship window. Having seen this sort of gas cloud before during their first operations, the group is aware that this was typically the sort of thing that appeared after one of these gaunt creatures breathed its last, its body rupturing from the inside in its death throes. Unless it was some sort of trick, that meant that there was only one of them left inside the airship in fighting condition.

    (Thin Man #1 is definitely dead. Dagrun and Khitan have yet to go yet.)
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Azktor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Brazil (GMT-3)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Khitan Godspeaker, Deva Invoker

    Khitan takes another shot, and starts to get a bit light head from all the blood he have lost so far, but still able to fight! He then decides to get away from the frontline of the battlefield. But before he says to Cinder "I've got nothing to stop then, not without getting myself into danger...but we can try a hit-and-run tactics on then!" When Khitan finishes to say that he starts creating two ball of radiant energy, and then throwing then at the two blobs. He tne retreats into a safier position.


    Spoiler: Khitan's Action
    Show
    Standard: Hand of Radiance on the 2 blobs.
    Attack vs Reflex on Blob 1 (1d20+5)[6] on Blob 2 (1d20+5)[9] (I may use the +1 from Memory of a Lifetimes) meh...to bad rolls
    Radiant Damage: (1d4+4)[7]
    Move: Nearby Dagrun
    Last edited by Azktor; 2014-01-27 at 09:33 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Deadline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Necro-equestrian Pugilism
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Dagrun, Dwarven Cleric

    The old dwarf keeps his head down behind cover and curses when one of the X-D's sends a crossbow bolt slamming into Khitan. "I just got done fixin' that ye blasted beastie!", he bellows to the X-D's in the airship.

    When Khitan drops into cover next to him, Dagrun inspects the wound and says, "Hold still lad, this may hurt a bit." He mutters a prayer to Moradin and a familiar radiant glow lights up his holy symbol before arcing to the wound.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Minor Action: Healing Word on Khitan. Khitan can spend a healing surge to get his surge value + (1d6+4)[8] in hp.
    Minor Action: Perception Check (1d20+4)[19]
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

    Signature of Holding

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    (Hrrm . . . I seem to have forgotten Music for this fight! Oh well . . . given the sneaking around that's been going on this fight, this seems appropriate.)

    Theme Music

    Radiant light suffuses Khitan's being as the second crossbow bolt works its way back out of his chest.

    (Khitan may spend a healing surge and heals 15 HP, which should bring him back up to full).

    As the group reorganizes itself in preparation for the arrival of the aerial predator, the oozes slither forward out of the darkness where Cinder left them. As they approach the group they seem to waver, clearly undecided on who to approach or perhaps just intimidated at the sheer number of potential targets. But then they seem to get a glimpse of Ferrum, and the cyborg's gleaming metal must have had a hypnotic effect because they both immediately surge forward together, leaping at the X-COM operative's chest!
    The impact of both blobs against the cyborg's chest is sudden and unexpectedly violent, throwing him backward off of his feet! Waifera gives a short scream that is swiftly cut off as the two of them fall backward, Ferrum landing on top of Waifera and crushing the breath out of the injured tiefling woman. As he struggles to right himself, he suddenly finds that doing so will be difficult to impossible - the two blobs have merged and spread out across his body, covering Ferrum in a thick carpet of viscous ooze from his shoulders down to his toes. A thick carpet that is rapidly hardening, threatening to crush him while keeping him pinned and all but helpless against the ground. The only good news is that Waifera, despite being pinned underneath Ferrum, was somewhat protected from the oozes and thus can still move . . . as much as she can while lashed to Ferrum's back and with him lying down on top of her.

    (Yeah . . . sorry dude. Waifera is still able to attack, although since she is also prone she'll be taking a -2 to any attacks).


    Spoiler: Ichoroids
    Show


    Ichoroid #1 (Charge vs Ferrum +1, vs Reflex)
    To-Hit: (1d20+5)[18]
    Damage: 3
    Hit: Restrained (Until Escape) and (1d4)[4] Extra Status Effect
    Hit Location: Lower Body/Legs
    Effect: You are Knocked Prone and Pinned (Unable to Stand from Prone) Until Escape. You and any attached Ichoroids are also Anchored (Unaffected by Any Forced Movement - the only way to get rid of them now is to use an Escape action or Kill Them). -1 Penalty to Escape

    Ichoroid #2 (Charge vs Ferrum +1, vs Reflex)
    To-Hit: (1d20+5)[22]
    Damage: 3
    Hit: Restrained (Until Escape) and (1d4)[4] Extra Status Effect
    (Shifts to Hit Location 3 due to 4 already being wrapped up)
    Hit Location: Chest/Arms
    Effect: Until you Escape, You are Unable to Do Any Action Which Requires Hands (i.e. Attack, barring some form of attack that doesn't need a free hand, such as a Breath Weapon). You also take an additional -2 Penalty to Escape (it's hard to wriggle free without hands).

    Total DC to Escape: 18 (14 Base, -2 No Hands, -2 Ichoroids)


    At the same time as the black oozes' charge, the unarmored X-Ds launch an attack of their own. Swinging south through the darkness, one of the unarmored creatures manages to circle around the wreckage that the party was hiding behind enough to take a long distance shot. The creature's bolt flies out of the darkness at Akamenos's head! Another bolt shoots out from the side of the airship, this one aimed at Cinder. Both shots go quite wide

    Spoiler: Sectoids
    Show

    Sectoid Grunt #3

    Relinquishes Mental Link
    Move: Move South
    Stealth (-5 for Movement): (1d20+1)[10]
    Standard: Shoot Akamenos (-2 Long Distance
    To-Hit: (1d20+4)[8] (possible +2 if its Stealth beats Akamenos's Passive Perception of 15)
    Damage: 4

    Sectoid Grunt #4
    Move Forward
    Stealth (-5 for Movement): (1d20+1)[14]
    Standard: Establish mental link with Sectoid Grunt #2

    Sectoid Grunt #2
    Move Back To Corner of Airship
    Stealth (-5 for Movement): (1d20+1)[6]
    Standard: Shoot at Cinder (-2 due to Cover, Possibly +2 from CA, +1 from Mental Link)
    To-Hit: (1d20+5)[12]
    Damage: 9


    Spoiler: Initiative Order
    Show

    -Bad Guys-
    Thin Men - 21

    --Good Guys--
    Khitan - 21
    Kaeravak - 16

    --Bad Guys--
    Sectoid Legionnaire - 15 DEAD

    --Good Guys--
    Dagrun - 13
    Cinder - 9

    -Bad Guys-
    Nasty Surprise - 9
    Sectoid Grunts - 5

    -Good Guys- CURRENT PEEPS UP
    Akamenos - 5
    Ferrum/Waifera -- 5



    Spoiler: Visibility
    Show

    Everything is visible except:
    Thin Man #2, DC 20
    Sectoid Grunt #4, DC 14


    Battle Map


    Akamenos & Ferrum/Waifera are Up!
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2014-01-27 at 07:34 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2008

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Acting quickly, Kaeravak thrusts Ferrum out of the way to take the brunt of the alien assault, x-ray and tiefling tumbling about in a frantic melee on the ground as the warforged and his ward are spared.

    Several choice expletives and wildly aimed fire blasts later, the pyromancer remains pinned by the first, while the other is left a sizzling remnant, its cinders exuding a noxious chemical stench.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Immediate Interrupt: Guardian's Counter
    Trigger:
    An ally (Ferrum) within a close burst 2 is hit by an attack that doesn't include Kaeravak as a target.
    Target: The triggering ally.
    Effect: Kaeravak and the target shift to switch places, and Kaeravak becomes the target of the triggering attack. Kaeravak then makes a basic attack against the triggering attacker:

    Elemental Bolt
    Attack vs IC1 Reflex:
    (1d20+5)[7](12) (-2 due to Prone)
    Hit Effect: Miss!


    Ichoroid 2 (IC2) retcons to attack Kaeravak, triggering Infernal Wrath on a hit:

    Free Action: Infernal Wrath
    Trigger:
    Kaeravak takes damage from a creature within 10 squares of him (IC2)
    Target: Close burst 10 (triggering enemy within the burst)
    Effect: Kaeravak deals (1d6+5)[2](7) fire damage to IC2.

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Irish Musician's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A Pub Near You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Ferrum, Cyborg Satyr Warden
    Ferrum sees the blobs coming after him and readies himself for the assault. However, Kaeravak pulls him out of harms way, taking the attacks and destroying one of the blobs. "Hey! That's my job," Ferrum says to Kaeravak, giving him a smile. The big metal man then swings his sword arm at the other blob, hoping to end its life. Ferrum moves up and speaks to his passenger, "Alright girly, Shoot that one over there! Aim true."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    Standard - Strength of Stone vs AC, (1d20+7)[12](19)
    Damage - 10, and I gain 3 THP's
    Move - move up Diagonal 4
    Minor - Perception check 10, Nat 1

    Also, get Waifera to shoot at Grunt 2
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2014-01-27 at 08:49 PM.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

    DMing:

    Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

    My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

    LGBTA+ Ally

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2008

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    In spite of being glanced by Ferrum's blade, Kaeravak nonetheless manages a chuckle in spite of himself, clearly amused by the irony of the situation:

    "So this is how you repay me huh? Guess I deserve it for stepping on your toes. Besides, think I'd sooner take my chances with your sword than that thing."

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Waifera groans, but after a painful cough to clear her throat, she shouts at the unarmored X-D peeking out from around the ruins of the Tailwind.

    "Hey, you! Are you hiding back there because you're a coward, or because you're embarrassed over what a terrible shot you are!"

    Spoiler: Waifera
    Show

    Vicious Mockery against Sectoid Grunt #2 (-2 Cover)
    To-Hit (vs Will): (1d20+3)[13]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[10] Psychic


    For a moment, the alien creature's enormous eyes widen further and it staggers back a moment, clutching at its forehead. But some outside force pushes back against Waifera's magic, bolstering the creature just enough that it somehow remains upright!

    (Sectoid Grunt #2's Mental Boost is Shattered as it loses it's temp HP. It's damage reduction 5 also goes away - but it still has its 1 HP).
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2014-01-27 at 09:03 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Hircine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    With his cover compromised, Akamenos moves around the debris he had been hiding behind to a new position outside the X-D's line of sight. He then pokes his crossbow around the corner and waits for the first sign of enemy movement.

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Move around corner
    Standard: Ready Action to attack the first enemy that moves into Akamenos' line of sight.

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Hircine; 2014-01-28 at 08:45 PM.
    Currently DMing:

    Adventures in the Nentir Vale: IC OOC GS

    Valiant Hearts: IC OOC GS

    Currently Playing:


    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    EXACTLY 12 NOON.
    Like a boss, Hircine, like a boss.

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    At the end of the round, the keening whine changes to a low hum as the aerial predator arrives over the area . . . and slows to hover as it realizes that it doesn't know where it's prey has gone. Now close - no more than 100 feet above the ground - the group can finally get its first clear look at their nemesis.

    The thing hovering above the crashed airship is clearly a craft of some sort, all shining metal, and more circular in shape than oval as it appeared from a distance while moving. It's a little larger than a cart but not by much, and certainly smaller than the 50-foot long defense airships that are crashed all around you. Hanging down beneath the craft near the center of the metal disk's underside is a box, with two long metal barrels attached that glow with an inner eerie green light. These barrels swivel back and forth, like an insect's antennae, clearly searching for you. The craft's left side is marred by an ugly scorch mark and deep divot from some sort of impact - apparently it did not destroy X-COM's HQ's entire defense network without damage. Frustrated that it cannot find you, the craft suddenly turns back into a metallic streak with a loud keening roar - you are alone again, although how long it takes the craft to come back again should it see you once more is uncertain.


    Meanwhile, the dark shadow within the airship moves again, creeping back up to its original position by the doorway. It then attacks, singling out Waifera as the weakest.

    Stealth: (1d20+9)[28]

    Spoiler: If Stealth is Maintained, this happens as well and Ferrum can't react to it
    Show

    A glob of bright blue phlegm streaks out from the airship at Waifera, unseen until the moment that it impacts with her face!
    Minor: Poison Spit
    To-Hit: (vs Fort, -2 Cover, +2 CA, +2 Unseen Bonus) (1d20+7)[27]
    Damage: (1d4+4)[7]
    Hit: Target Takes Ongoing 5 Poison (Save Ends, -2 Penalty)


    (Did somebody say Thin Men? No, you meant Crit Men! )

    Unexpectedly, a glob of phlegm flies out of the darkness of the airship, catching Waifera directly in the face! The sudden impact causes the tiefling to gasp in surprise, and as of with a mind of its own, the globule is sucked into her mouth, causing her to immediately begin choking and retching desperately. She claws at Ferrum's back, her fingernails scraping off of his metal body with a series of quiet screeches. It is clear to any observer that the poor woman can't breathe, growing deathly pale at the same time from the Thin Man's venom.

    (Waifera takes 8 Damage, and has Ongoing 5 Poison, Save Ends, -2 Penalty.)

    A crossbow bolt flies out of the darkness at the same time as Akamenos lifts his weapon and fires!

    Spoiler: Thin Man #2's Attack
    Show

    To-Hit: (-2 Cover, -2 Additional for Ferrum Interposing himself) (1d20+3)[12]
    Damage: (1d10+5)[13]
    Hit: If Target is Taking Ongoing Poison Damage, Increase by 3.


    (I'm willing to rule that the Thin Man appearing within 10 squares counts enough to trigger Akamenos' Readied Action. He may now make his attack versus Thin Man #2 if he so desires, at the same time as the rest of the group. If the others kill the Thin Man before Hircine posts again, then Akamenos's Readied Action is preserved.)


    Spoiler: Initiative Order
    Show

    -Bad Guys-
    Thin Men - 21

    --Good Guys-- CURRENT PEEPS UP
    Khitan - 21
    Kaeravak - 16

    --Bad Guys--
    Sectoid Legionnaire - 15 DEAD

    --Good Guys--
    Dagrun - 13
    Cinder - 9

    -Bad Guys-
    Ichoroids - 9 DEAD
    Sectoid Grunts - 5

    -Good Guys-
    Akamenos - 5
    Ferrum/Waifera -- 5


    Battle Map

    Akamenos's Readied Action Goes off!
    Khitan, Kaeravak, Cinder, and Dagrun are also all up!
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2014-01-29 at 06:35 AM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Cinder Ashborn, Pixie Harrier


    Cinder flies above Akamenos and, before the thin creature realises she's there, peppers it with darts. Her manouvre is detected, forcing Cinder to pull short her attack, but what few darts she sent its way do hit home, and leave the target oozing green from the many puncture wounds.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Move: To corner, then Hide:
    stealth - (1d20+11)[14] (unsuccessful)

    Standard: Sly Flourish @ Thin Man 2
    To Hit AC - (1d20+6)[18] (inc. -2 cover. Add 2 if Cinder successfully hid)
    damage - (1d6+7)[13]
    If successfully hidden, add Sneak attack damage:
    Sneak Damage - (2d6)[9]
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2014-01-29 at 09:03 AM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2008

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    From his position on the ground, Kaeravak up in alarm as the already injured Waifera takes a well aimed splodge of acrid toxins to the face, his companion violently coughing and sputtering in the wake of her exposure.

    "I'll take care of the spitter. See what you can do about Waifera's poison Dagrun; doubt whether she can endure it, injured as she is. I'm counting on you."

    His legs presumably injured or otherwise in too much pain from wrestling with the peculiar, goo-like aliens, Kaeravak crawls into position about the wreckage. Once in place, the pyromancer finds he can, if just barely, trace an angle to scarcely hurl one of his incendiary charges through another of the airship's portholes. Unfortunately, his aim strays, whether due to his pronation, or the injuries he's suffered, and the volatile sphere crashes almost harmlessly against the window's brass frame, though it manages to nonetheless discharge its payload of clinging flame.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Crawl 3 squares, Stealth: (1d20-1)[12](11)

    Minor: Perception: (1d20+0)[4](4)

    Standard: Ignition Origin square 1 square to the east of Thin Man 2 (TM2)
    Attack vs TM1's Fortitude: (1d20+7)[1](8) (+2 due to CA as TM1 can't see Kaeravak. +1 due to Bloodhunt. -2 due to Prone.)
    Hit Effect: (1d10+9)[7](16) fire damage.
    Effect: The burst creates a zone until the start of Kaeravak's next turn. A creature that enters the zone or ends its turn there takes 2 fire damage. A creature can only take this damage once per turn.


    Contingencies:

    None.


    Not a good turn at all, lol.

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Deadline's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Necro-equestrian Pugilism
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Dagrun nods to the Pyromancer and rushes up next to Ferrum and Waifera. He tries quickly to remove the muck from her mouth and nose while shouting to the Artificer, "She could really use a bit of magic to help her here."

    All the while, he keeps a sharp eye out for trouble, and hopes that his sudden exposure will provide the fiends a better target.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard - Heal check, DC15 for Waifera: (1d20+9)[22]
    Minor - Perception Check: (1d20+4)[23]
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

    Signature of Holding

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Spoiler: Waifera's Free Save
    Show

    Save vs. Thin Man Poison: (1d20-2)[6]


    Rushing up to Waifera, Dagrun swipes at the poor woman's face with his hands, trying to claw the remainder of the glop off her face. He succeeds in doing so, only to discover that the majority of it is already down in the back of her mouth and oozing down into her throat. He risks a couple of fingers by shoving them into Waifera's mouth, attempting to swab the blockage out. Before he can do so, Waifera's eyes go wide and she spasms uncontrollably, forcing Dagrun to withdraw his fingers lest he have them bitten off during the seizure. Caught in the throes of the seizure, Waifera can not speak nor even gasp, only make soft, unsettling choking noises as her throat rebels against the foreign goo settling into its new home. Even these sounds quickly stop, leading to an even more unsettling silence as Waifera collapses back against Ferrum, her chest heaving without effect and her lips starting to turn blue.
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2014-01-31 at 07:08 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Inspectre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    (Moving on down the initiative roster as I mentioned that I would do earlier. Akamenos's readied action is lost, as his turn comes back around. Khitan Delays until such time as Azktor posts).

    While Dagrun struggles to save Waifera's life again, the battle continues around them. The unarmored alien by the back of the crashed Tailwind fires off a shot at Dagrun, clearly attempting to keep the dwarf distracted from his first aid. Meanwhile, the other unarmored creature that had moved into a flanking position rethinks its priorities and scrambles back away from the group. As it goes, it locks eyes with the third creature as it reappears, peeking out from the side of the airship to also snap off a shot at Dagrun. One bolt goes streaking into the night sky over the dwarf's head, while the second bounces off his armor, unable to find the vital chink that it needed to actually do damage.

    Spoiler: Sectoid Grunts
    Show

    Sectoid Grunt #2 - Shoot at Dagrun (-2 Cover)
    To-Hit: (1d20+4)[16]
    Damage: 4

    Sectoid Grunt #3
    Move: Retreat back to cover further away
    Standard: Mental link with Sectoid Grunt #4

    Sectoid Grunt #4
    Move: Move back around to side of the airship
    Standard: Shoot at Dagrun (-2 Cover, +1 Link)
    To-Hit: (1d20+5)[8]
    Damage: 9


    Spoiler: Initiative Order
    Show

    -Bad Guys-
    Thin Men - 21

    --Good Guys--
    Kaeravak - 16

    --Bad Guys--
    Sectoid Legionnaire - 15 DEAD

    --Good Guys--
    Dagrun - 13
    Cinder - 9

    -Bad Guys-
    Ichoroids - 9 DEAD
    Sectoid Grunts - 5

    -Good Guys- CURRENT PEEPS UP
    Khitan (DELAY) - 21
    Akamenos - 5
    Ferrum/Waifera -- 5



    Battle Map

    (Hircine, Asktor, and Irish Musician are up, and Waifera too!
    Waifera will go last, if anyone can manage to heal her up before then she will not hit 0 and fail a death saving throw, plus have to see whether or not she still takes poison damage next turn as well)
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2014-01-31 at 07:26 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

    Threads I'm currently DMing:


    Threads I have successfully completed:

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Azktor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Brazil (GMT-3)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: X-COM: The Fourth Dimension IC (D&D 4E)

    Khitan Godspeaker, Deva Invoker

    Khitan moves to a strategic position and gets ready to use his divine powers, he then throw it at the Thin man, trying to get rid of him before he goes away.

    Spoiler: Khitan's Action
    Show
    Move: 2 squares to left
    Standard: Hand of Radiance on the thin man:
    Attack vs Reflex Enemie Number 1 (Thin man, probably) (1d20+5)[18]Attack vs Reflex on Enemie Number 2 (1d20+5)[15]
    Radiant Damage (1d4+4)[6]
    Last edited by Azktor; 2014-01-31 at 07:33 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •