New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Titan World

1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Titan World

I did a quick check through the subforum to see if anyone had mentioned this system yet. It's a pretty bare bones system designed for the popular new series Attack on Titan. So far, it seems pretty easy to get into and learn.

Linked here

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Titan World

It's distressingly appropriate that you don't bother picking a last name until you survive to level 1.
    Imagine if all real-world conversations were like internet D&D conversations...
    Protip: DnD is an incredibly social game played by some of the most socially inept people on the planet - Lev
    I read this somewhere and I stick to it: "I would rather play a bad system with my friends than a great system with nobody". - Trevlac
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    That said, trolling is entirely counterproductive (yes, even when it's hilarious).

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ooooooh!

I love high mortality games and my gf and a couple we're friends with just burned through the first season of Attack on Titan. This is definitely something I'm going to try and run for them!

*insert excited squeals over a new game system*

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, yes! I've stumbled across this before. I just need to get a group who's interested in playing it. I'm a big fan of the source system, and this level of harshness? Awesome.

EDIT: I just remembered--as a heads-up, the game (especially on the GM side) will seem very confusing to anyone who hasn't read a Powered by the Apocalypse game before. To remedy that, you could check out the GMing section of a game like Dungeon World, which should fill in the blanks well.
    Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem; 2014-01-20 at 02:35 PM.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arbane View Post
    It's distressingly appropriate that you don't bother picking a last name until you survive to level 1.
    So appropriate, I only decided to read the system because of that reply. If the setting were any darker you'd need see in darkness.
    Shield-eaters and world leaders have many likes alike

Freelance D20 Design Guy

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    Oh, yes! I've stumbled across this before. I just need to get a group who's interested in playing it. I'm a big fan of the source system, and this level of harshness? Awesome.

EDIT: I just remembered--as a heads-up, the game (especially on the GM side) will seem very confusing to anyone who hasn't read a Powered by the Apocalypse game before. To remedy that, you could check out the GMing section of a game like Dungeon World, which should fill in the blanks well.
    Well, if you're interested, I'm planning on running a playtest over the pbp.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Devil

I'm a big fan of the anime (It's one of the few I've ever actually bothered to watch), both for its setting and its tone. I read over the system a few months ago and found it really interesting, but I never ended up running anything because I'm inexperienced with Apocalypse World style systems. Despite that, I really enjoyed some of the elements I read up on, such as how poor rolls actively complicate the situation, or how the "leader" archetype characters can sacrifice themselves to rescue an ally.

A PBP for this game sounds very tempting; I think this setting lends itself well to such a medium.
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere."
    - Carl Sagan

Spoiler: Characters I'm Playing
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Julian84 View Post
    Well, if you're interested, I'm planning on running a playtest over the pbp.
    Definitely interested.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

9. - Top - End - #9