New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default 3.5 Undead Master

A class I worked on while playing a bunch of 3.5 D&D with my group. Wanted something that was more focused on undead. Kind of like the necromancer in Diablo 2.

Undead Master

Thoughts? Ideas?
    Last edited by Dalamon; 2014-01-20 at 08:44 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: 3.5 Undead Master

To be perfectly honest... it's boring. It gets a bunch of feats as class abilities, and while the undead are fun, this just doesn't seem all that interesting. It might mechanically be interesting (I don't have the books on hand to look up all of the feats), but without the wow factor it's just boring.

I would add in some options. Every couple of levels give a choice from a pool of abilities. That adds some interesting aspects to the whole thing. Maybe something that adds more HD of control, something that allows options when raising simple undead, something that alters your own negative energy absorption abilities... something.

Also, does it draw its spells from the Sorcerer/Wizard list? I didn't see where it was listed.
    Domriso's Homebrew Compendium - A collection of all of my homebrew, throwing in my own design philosophy and my conceptions for possible new things.

Geomancy, Runic Magic, probably more at a later date:
    Come see my Homebrew!

Ever heard of the Ultimate Classes? They're pretty sweet. Check them out here.

I've had an interview over at Tellest! You should go see!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Since it's a fullcaster, I can't judge it's usefulness unless I look at a spell list (as Domriso has noted).

Also, it gets spell-stitched familiar despite not having a familiar. It also appears to be missing skill points per level, and I (assuming it uses sorc/wiz or cleric spells) I'm confused why it gets Corpse Crafter despite not being able to animate dead until 5th level.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Actually, since it's an arcane caster, it won't get animate dead until level 7 (it's a 4th level spell for wiz/sorc.) I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Everything this class does can be accomplished with a dread necromancer, minus the full arcane casting list. It's pretty much a wizard or sorcerer with a bonus of built-in bonus feats.