New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Spontaneous Druid [PF]

So I'm working with another DM in our schools DnD group on making a class based on a request from a player. And we're somewhat settled at a Druid that can just cast spontaneously, using the spells per day he already has and access to the full spell-list.

Our question is, if we limit the spells per day (compared to that of other spontaneous classes) do we need to limit the spells known as well?
    Roleplay is Important Alway come Prepared
    Credit to the absolutely stunning Mavis Vermilion Avatar goes to the Amazing Ceika
    I always Carouse, I never Peruse, it's much more fun to find things my way.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: Spontaneous Druid [PF]

Quote Originally Posted by ExemplarofAvg View Post
    Our question is, if we limit the spells per day (compared to that of other spontaneous classes) do we need to limit the spells known as well?
    Yes. Having a spontaneous 9-level caster with full list access dumps you straight in the Tier 0.5 box without any further questions (except maybe "Do these class features warrant an even higher tier?" to which the answer is "No"). To be honest, if you were fine with it being T2 then literally dumping a spells known box down and keeping everything else the same should do you fine.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Spontaneous Druid [PF]

I would say "yes" for 3 reasons:
    • It's pretty much a straight power-up to the original druid. Not really fair.
    • A Spells Known list lets you distinguish between multiple druids, so not all druids feel identical.
    • There are a lot of spells available to druids. Unless this is a class for an experienced druid, they're going to be taking minutes to decide which spell they cast.