New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Grand Conference IC Thread

Dear people of EMPIRE! !

This thread is meant to be used for the Grand Conference in round 2 of the EMPIRE! game.

The Conference has started.

Countries who are invited and are joining are (Subject to change):

-Kasumor (Attending!)
    -Calorum (Attending!)
    -Keldagrim (Attending! (Sort of))
    -Gunung (Attending!)
    -Woodwind (Attending!)
    -Bereginia
    -Celero (Attending!)
    -Pryonia (Attending!)
    -Guilder (Attending!)
    -Eyrecradia (Attending!)

Conference location: Earthhome, Kasumor Delberelle, Lyradis

Conference Time: During the Grand Ball, which is somewhere in the first solar cycle of the year 336.

This is an IC thread, so all posts here much be in character. Also, for to prevent metagaming, please put your actions and speech into spoiler tags, so people can not read them straight of the bat (I hope nobody metagames).

If you are not part of the Grand Conference but are playing EMPIRE!, please do not post here and to not look into the spoilers. If you are not playing EMPIRE!, you are welcome to follow the procedings.

*Background Music*

Spoiler: Opening Speech
    Show

*As you enter the chamber in which the Conference is held, you see a big table, with enough places for ten people. At the head of the table, there sits a big man, over 2 meters tall, with a well kept short beard, who gives you a gentle smile and waves for you to take place at the table. Seated besides him are two females, most likely his daughters, about 15 years old. Both appear to have dragonfly-like wings on their back and you think one of them has a fish' tail, but you cannot say for sure from this angle.*

Dear friends and colleagues,

I am trully glad to so much of you were able to attend. For the matter I want to discuss in grave indeed. I trust you all heard about the formation of the Union of the North. Together with the notion of countries all over the continent raising armies ramping up their trade, I see great perril in their socalled Union. For this, I think we should stand strong....Together!

Even if the Union does not want anything militairy wise, their economic prowess when working together is not to be underestimated. For this I propose the following: all countries that are gathered here, let's make one Grand Alliance! Let's be a bigger trading power so we can stand up to the threat from the north. I do not ask any militairy support, although any of that would be very much appreciated.

Also, I must ask any country involved in this to leave their religion and faith out of the matter. Offcourse, if a country does not might having representatives of a faith in its lands, be free to close a deal with eachother.

However, let's come to business. Our first point of interest is an alliance with all that are gathered here. Trading, militairy or both. I would want everyone to speak up and give their favored form of alliance. Mine would be a trading network with eachother plus a militairy agreement to secure the borders of the alliance. However, we all do not have enough trading goods to provide everyone with everything. For this, we also need to discuss who gets what. But that will be saved for a while later.

So, ladies and gentlemen, who would want to speak up first?
    Last edited by WaylanderX; 2014-01-28 at 06:07 PM.
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Grand Conference IC Thread

Spoiler
    Show
    *A 16 year old woman with long green hair, light skin, and glowing aqua veins enters in a flowing green dress, accompanied by 6 bodyguards and possibly her husband. Weiss Vel'Caelum, Heiress of Eyrecradia and representative of Arkho'sarra Vel'Caelum, enters and takes a seat.*
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-01-27 at 06:19 AM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    *After she took a seat a man with considerable less compagnie enters the room. He is wearing a nice looking white robe and some sort of crown. He is accompagnied by a striking woman of reasonable beauty. They formally expres greetings to both rulers and take a seat discussing some trivial matters.*
    "Only the foolish overlook the threat that kobolds actually pose." - Races of the Dragon

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Lightbulb Re: Grand Conference IC Thread

Spoiler
    Show

*A man in his late middle age with red hair and reddish skin enters, accompanying him are two young men bearing obvious family resemblance, one with white hair and another with red*

Aitah of Gunung takes the chance to speak immediately:
    “I believe that an alliance between al of us would work best if we all agree to three points namely:
    -A mutual military defensive pact, to come to the defence of any member that suffers an unprovoked attack and possibly allow free passage of alliance soldiers between our borders.
    -A mutual non-interference pact, to not intervene with another members internal affairs unless agreed upon beforehand.
    -A mutual preferential trade pact, to seek trade with fellow members first, especially if you posses a resource that another member has need of.”

“Should any of you have other ideas or additions I would be glad to hear it, mutual dialogue is a key part of any alliance after all.”
    Last edited by Chacmon; 2014-01-27 at 10:40 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    *Khan Dyamus Ignato, tall and dark with short hair and a shaved face enters the chamber flanked by two warriors of Woodwind. Seeing his friend Marius Earthguard presiding over the conference he nods and takes a seat, sitting quietly as the other guests enter and The Shinguard begins his speech.*

Dyamus listens to the others with a raised eyebrow before beginning to speak, "Trust finds itself easily among strangers here, I'm afraid I can hardly begin to discuss alliances with faces I do not know representing nations I have heard of only in tales from travelers."

"I myself am Khan Dyamus Ignato of the Woodwind People, Keepers of the Sapphire Shores, and while I know our host The Shinguard personally and our nations are staunch allies both economically and militarily I know Combulei Divinorum only from a brief visit to his lands years ago, and while his priests openly preach in my lands I would feel it an insult to say I know you your holiness."

"As for you," Dyamus says inclining his head towards the faintly glowing young woman, "I presume you represent Eyecardia? I am eager to inform you a caravan of timber is being assembled to ship your direction but I regret I cannot address a nameless face."

"And what of you speaker of mandates? From where do you hail? I hardly feel amicable agreeing to limit my kingdom based on the rules of a foreign stranger."

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

6. - Top - End - #6

Spoiler
    Show
    *Marius listens to all those that are already present with a small smile on his face. After Khan Dyamus Ignato has spoken, he risen up, holding his right hand high*

"Well well, hold up everyone, let us slow down a bit. I've called all of you here to discuss a possible alliance, not to partake in a conference poisoned with haste or immediate distrust. Although I have to admit, Khan Dyamus Ignato has a point. Many of our countries do not share a history together, bar some countries such as Woodwind and my own people. Let us provide eachother with a brief introduction of ourselves and our goals in attending this conference. I assume everyone here has a reason to attend this conference. I suggest we begin with the ones that got here first. As I already made my intentions clear from my openings-plea, I suggest we listen to the young lady here first." Marius then focuses his gaze upon the representative of Eyrecradia and waits.
    Last edited by WaylanderX; 2014-01-27 at 01:59 PM.
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here

7. - Top - End - #7

Spoiler
    Show
    Weiss Vel'Caelum, next in line for rule. Mother will be pleased to hear that.
    *the woman replies*
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Dyamus bows towards the young gem elf, "Well met Weiss Vel'Caelum, and why did you travel here this year?"

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dyamus bows towards the young gem elf, "Well met Weiss Vel'Caelum, and why did you travel here this year?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mother's been slowly increasing my involvement in the politics of Eyrecradia.
    Weiss replies, putting a fist over her heart.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "And is your mother looking for a military alliance? Economic? What is Eyrecradia's stance on establishing a large alliance in a similar vein and in opposition to this 'Union of the North'?"

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

There is no more ostentatious delegation than that of Guilder. The Doge, Tumberink, enters in the richest of robes, surrounded by proud warriors of all descriptions, as well as over a dozen of his children. His wagons overflow with good food, fine lumber, and shimmering copper, tin, and bronze.

"I come here in peace and trade to all: the ships of Guilder desire trade with all the world: whether that require your queen's alliance, or simply the wise standing of peace. We harvest lumber from the mountains, wheat from the slopes, and ore from the caverns, and there is more than enough to fill the halls of your nation and revitalize your trade."

Besides that, the insightful eye would note that most of Tumberink's offspring are decidedly lacking in wedding bands. The chance of an alliance seems fairly open, indeed.

[Out of Character: Anyone who needs Food/Wood/Bronze, I'm up for a trade, if you are!

Also, I have 12 of my many children here. Looking for to get rid of some of 'em, to make sure there's less conflict in Guilder come my death.]
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

12. - Top - End - #12

Spoiler
    Show
    Marius eyes widen in surprise when he sees the group enter.

"Doge Tumberink, please leave your entourage outside! That includes your sons and daughters. This is a conference-hall, in the name of Ashmar! Only then we will discuss trade, if you so wish." Marius stands up from his chair and stares at Tumberink with an ice-cold gaze.
    Last edited by WaylanderX; 2014-01-27 at 06:17 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "Perhaps your children should attend the ball as my son does," Dyamus suggested on the back of Marius' comment, "Let us keep this conference one of leaders discussing grander things than low scale trade." The Khan saw The Shinguard's gaze and gave his own cool look with a soft smile of sympathy that didn't reach his eyes towards the ostentatious new entrant.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler
    Show

(OOC Aitah speeks after Weiss Vel'Caelum answers Dyamus, but since that can take quite some time irl I’m posting now.)
    *Aitah seems somewhat mystified*
    “Rules, Limits ?....(listens to the rest) Ah a slight misunderstanding it seems, I was merely stating a list of possibilities regarding the alliance in order to open the floor for the rest to share what kind of alliances and/or deals they would be open too. Also please note that my suggestions where specifically worded in such a way as not to limit any single nations, but I’m getting ahead of myself again. Allow me to follow the suggestion of Shïnguard Marius.
    I’m Aitah King of Gunung the volcanic region in the north, home of the Berapi who as, I’m sure you’ve noticed in me, have a long tradition of getting straight to the point in dealings. My apologies if this seemed rudely hasty to anyone.
    As for the suggested alliance, Gunung is predominantly interested in peace and trade.

After The Doge enters,
    Spoiler
    Show

"I agree my wife and younger children are also at the ball and Noch, my daughter, in particular always enjoys making new friends." Turning to both the Doge and Marius he adds: "And I'm sure no harm was intended where all from different cultures here, different habits and all that”
    Last edited by Chacmon; 2014-01-27 at 08:07 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

The Doge sweeps his hands widely, to address the hall. "We have not yet begun true negotiations, have we? It is the time for introductions, greetings, and the beginning of heartfelt friendship. Thus, it is also the time to show others, to be bold and bright. These all will leave for the Ball after making their proper debut. Worry not, good Shinguard. Guilder is not a rough nation, but we are one who believes in the proper respect of persons and grandeur. For is it not easier now to tell of what nation you may deal, and what wealth may come by such dealings?" His eyes sparkle, and he smiles as winningly as he can to the crowd.

Still, despite his speech, the entourage bows, and troops out of the room.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The Khan nodded and returned the Doge's smile, "You flaunt your wealth as one unafraid to lose it. Perhaps not wise, but the courage is to be commended. But where are my manners? I am Khan Dyamus Ignato of the Woodwind people.

Dyamus turns his attention Aitah, "I meant no offense, I simply desired to know a name before getting to business but as that has been taken care of I have no issues getting straight to my own proposal. This 'Union of the North' threatens us all by its very existence, the Shinguard proposes we form an alliance to power block against them, I respectfully disagree with my friend." Dyamus inclined his head towards Marius before continuing, "Their Union is in its youth, if we take our time arranging a fancy alliance filled with needless words and ceremony they will have entrenched themselves just as we are getting started, what we need is decisive action. We southern nations must unite and march on the north, shatter their power before it sets hold, then we may divide their land and people amongst the victors and set to work coming up with an alliance of trade and negotiations after the threat has been dealt with. The time for talk is later, the time for action is now."

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    A man of regal bearing, looking spry for his nearly fifty years, enters the room, looking visibly perturbed. King Andust the Bold is flanked by his daughter and heir, the beautiful crown princess Yasira, his Bastard son and General of his Armies, Kinil, his Bastard Nephew and Admiral of his Navies, Kuri, as well as Kuri's father Heinrich, brother to Andust and 5th in line to the throne.

"Pardon my late arrival. I wish to assure you that I am usually punctual, and hope you do not think all of the Celerii are frequently tardy."

King Andust takes the first available seat facing the door, and sits his daughter next to him. The rest of his entourage take seats not at the grand conference table itself, but instead at the edge of the room, excepting the older man striking a strong resemblance to the King, who instead stands. The younger two, Kinil and Kuri, look confident, the type of confidence that only youth can portray. The older man that elects to stand, Heinrich, has a face of stone. The best readers of body language can only make out that he does not want to be here at all, but he does little to betray his desire to be done with this foreign place.

"I hope you all know of my beautiful daughter, Crown Princess Yasira. The other members of my party are my Brother Heinrich, Chief of the Royal Council, and his bastard son Kuri, Admiral of the Navy of Celero. The other strapping young buck is my own bastard son, Kinil, General of the Armies of Celero. I assure you, I do not bring them here in their role as military leaders, but as family, as representatives of my blood."

The Princess stops her father's next sentence in his throat.

"My father is too kind to mention in front of me that his primary goal in coming here was to wed me to one of your heirs. I have given him assurances that would make an attempt of good faith to find a capable husband among the available suitors, despite my wishes to wait to marry. "

A small smile breaks out across the face of Heinrich for just a moment, before the face of stone returns to the shorn headed man. Yasira's half-brother and cousin cannot contain themselves, and burst out in laughter, while the fair-haired king turns a dozen different shades of red.
    Last edited by Logic; 2014-01-28 at 09:26 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler
    Show

*Aitah chuckles lightly and turns to Yasira*
    I’m sure my second son, Ipiltzin, would love nothing more then to ask you to dance after the this conference my lady. *He turns his focus back to the room in general* But let us focus on hearing each others proposals and the discussing of an alliance in general first before focusing on the minutia of marriage arrangements. What may I ask are your views on this matter king Andust ?
    Last edited by Chacmon; 2014-01-28 at 10:22 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

The Doge stands, shaking back his manyfolded robes. "Well, now that the hall is conspicuously empty of our finery, it is time to get down to the business of kings. I believe we can all find a great good in an alliance; it is not of debate that it would be beneficial. The question is more what each of us would be willing to give.

"To further discussion instead of just asking questions, I will present my own first terms, so that we may begin the debate. I have lumber, grains, and bronze, and would be more than willing to trade these to any comer who has unique goods of their. Further, in the realm of an alliance, I would be willing to sign a peace agreement with any country who asks in good faith and with good reason. Coming to the aid of another... Hm. I would have to see more justification for that, to be truthful. The people of Guilder are precious to me." He sits down, having stated his piece.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    His feathers ruffled by the late arrival of the Celero consulate and the apparent disregard for his words the Khan interrupted the room irritated, "The Gunung King is right, marriages and fancy words belong at the ball, this is a council for stratagem, and I once again voice my opinion that bothering ourselves with trade alliances and friendly border promises is a waste of our time and of the power sitting here in this room."

"This council was called by the Shinguard to discuss forming an opposing power block to this 'Union of the North' but if we spend our time going on about what we have to trade and signing peace treaties of non-interference we will have accomplished nothing. What we need to do is rally together as a military force, march north, and crush this Union before it has a chance to become a thorn in our sides. The small time trades and marriages can be handled individually, what we need now is decisive action. Action that will benefit us all for with our overwhelming force we will be able to crush the Union, take their lands, envelop their people and expand our borders such that no other nations outside of us will dare threaten us in the future. Do not be afraid to be bold my fellows. Waiting only increases the Union's power and further segments our own. We unite now, crush our opposition, and once that shadow no longer looms we might deal with smaller matters."

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21

Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, attacking straight of the bat without any prevocation might not be the most diplomatic solution. It could jeopardise any of our current standing with the rest of the nations."
    Marius sit back down into its chair.
    "Let's all just calm down a bit and weight our options. We can for one: attack the Union with all our might. Two: Lend help to the bordernations with militairy help when stricly needed and form a non-hostile treaty between us, with the possibility of trade. Three: We do nothing and risk being overwhelmed by the Union of the North, everyone alone. My personal preference goes to the second option, as Kasumor does not currently have the militairy power or resources to be involved in an all-out war just yet."

Marius sighed, thinking to himself:
    "This is not going anywhere, I got to get these people on one line somehow. Wait...Maybe....hhhmmmm"
    Last edited by WaylanderX; 2014-01-28 at 12:49 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "But if we act together the nations outside of those of us here will not be powerful enough to overtake us. Sitting around waiting for my cities to be razed to the ground or my children starved by an encroaching hegemony before attacking is not my way. Waiting on resources while the union does what? Stagnates and waits for us to catch up? No, they'll be advancing just the same, but they are small compared to the people we represent here. At least, for now they are. It's a choice between taking out a potential threat before it arises or waiting to fight out from under the heel of oppression."

"As for military resources, I know your people to be capable warriors Marius, 1 of your men is equally a match to the soft bellied northerners and you have trained my people, these are warriors easily capable of taking on Union conscripts who will no doubt not expect an attack this soon."

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The look of embarrassment fades quickly from King Andust's face as he listens to the perturbed Khan.

"My fellow sovereigns, Celero is here to represent it's people, not just for marriage. The Union of the North may have malicious intent, but we need not march on them just for being suspicious. Celero is one of only two nations amongst those here that borders them, and while I feel personally slighted that our Kingdom was not invited to join the union when it formed, I do not wish to declare war because the Union MIGHT attack.

"I hereby propose we write a declaration of mutual defense, of friendship, and of trade. It need not be a full-fledged alliance, but instead a Coalition of Countries interested in keeping the Union of the North from interfering with our own internal affairs. As you may conclude, Celero seems to benefit the most from any alliance, as we shall be the first nation the Union must march through. We are prepared for war, but our people are weary of war from our dealings with the occupation by the Church of the Lord of Fire.

"As for marriage pacts, let us not allow dire matters be the only issue of discussion. This could be a happy time as well, provided we can walk away from this table and room on better terms than we entered."

For the entirety of his brother's speech, Heinrich remains silent and stoic, betraying no hint of his thoughts. The Celerii bastards nod politely throughout, while Princess Yasira speaks her mind, careful to not interrupt her Lord Father a second time.

"Lords, ladies, and father:" Yasira says as she glares to her left, "I feel it is of more importance to hammer out the details of any agreement before mentioning any 'Marriage Pacts' concerning anyone that may or may not be present in the room. Celero is not under threat, but it may be in the future. Your nations are not under threat, but they may become so. Because this matter will likely involve all of us, it is in our mutual best interest to devise a plan to deal with the worst case scenario."
    Last edited by Logic; 2014-01-28 at 01:26 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The Doge rises again to speak. "The threat of force is enough to prevent the reality of it. Thus, we need not invade the Northern Union. Simply, we station troops in Celero, or give them support of our arms. The knowledge of that fact will slow any aggressive action from the Northern Union. Simply, we create a coalition, as King Andust has suggested. This does two things: first, it appeals to safety, protecting all of us, just as the Khan and others desire. On the other hand, it also leads us to the much more sage second option mentioned by the Shingaurd Marius. So: to sum up. A military alliance is the proposal of Guilder. Let us hear the consensus on this discussion, perhaps?" Tumberink raises his hand to begin counting those for or against a continued discussion of the Coalition.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Disgruntled at the lack of force shown by these so called leaders Dyamus leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms until after the dandy from Guilder had spoken,

"A military alliance that takes no military action? Wonderful," he spat, "You are weak willed indeed if you are unwilling to sacrifice now so that you do not loose it all later. I cannot say I would willingly commit my forces to protect the likes of you spineless cowards when an enemy you failed to destroy given the chance comes marching down."

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler
    Show

Yes as anyone can clearly see Celero and Gunung both have a border with the Union of the North. Although the only Union country we border is Bordeux. As for the Unions actions, I can only confirm that Bordeux is planning on expanding its logging operations, for wath purpose I do not know.
    Last edited by Chacmon; 2014-01-28 at 01:45 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

The Doge rises in the middle of Dyamus' speech, then breathes deeply to calm himself. His speech is measured and slow, but it's clear he took that last bit personally. "Dyamus, I am no coward. I came into this room showing clearly myself and mine, no act of subterfuge, fear, or weakness. But, further, your speech shows several failings of what the philosophers may call "logic." Firstly, they are not our enemies, yet. They are folk we are wary of, at best: until they attack or harm one of us, there is no open animosity.

"Second, the point is to prevent the marching in the first place. Who willingly walks into a lion's den, given the chance to slay a boar? Or who would kill a boar, if they already have meat and glory enough for themselves?"
    He sighs, knowing that it may be a lost cause, but Tumberink is trying to keep things together. "Here is my thought: why be angry? Why shout here, amongst friends? Let us keep this Grand Conference calm, sage, and of like mind. We are not doing nothing, we are not going to sit idle. We can prepare troops and weapons, advance in the arts and the tactics of war. And that is how we'll defeat the Union anyway, is it not?"

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler
    Show

*Aitah nods*
    I agree that we should keep the conversation in this hall as civel as possible we are all here to take mutual action afterall

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The Khan looks at the well dressed representative of Guilder and smiles slightly, shaking his head, "When they become the enemy and the lion leaves his cave with a pride he has beget do not come to Woodwind for assistance Doge of Guilder. Not that some far easterner like you even has reason to be worried. You can easily sit back and relax, knowing the Union has other countries to crush before it reaches your land," The Khan turned towards the representatives of the border nations

"King Aitah, King Andust, surely you agree that letting a power swell unchecked next to you is poor form? King Andust, living a reactionary life is the surest way to fall, for one day you won't see the threat coming and it will overtake you. King Aitah, increased logging while not an outright sign of aggression is almost certainly indicative of some large scale project and I doubt it is one that will benefit your nation."

The Khan again addressed the entire room, "You all speak of war as something that must come to your lands, why are you all so afraid to bring it to the lands of others? I understand your reasoning Doge, it might get those expensive robes of yours dirty and your bronze might not shine so brightly, but what of the real nations? Why is it you are all so afraid to conquer instead of be conquered?"

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    *Slams doors open* " Am i late? " The High king of Keldagrim said as he entered the room, he was sweaty all over and looked tired. " My carriage broke down and i had to walk. "