New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Animals: The Lithe and the Large

Not much of a homebrew, but I felt like sharing.

All snakes and rats gain Slight Build allowing them to easily pass through spaces as though they were one size category lower. Snakes get this for obvious reasons and I was even considering giving them an improved version for two size categories lower. Rats can collapse their ribcages to squeeze through spaces seemingly unnatural for their size and so gain this ability as well.

Dogs. Considering the massive variety of dog breeds, I give both Dogs and Riding Dogs a 33% chance to get Slight Build or Powerful Build. A bull mastiff or a great dane would be Powerfully Built Riding Dogs, a Chiwawa would be a Slight Built Dog. Cats are pretty well covered, though there are some larger and small breeds, there is less variance in the species as a whole and Servals can fill in on the large end if needed.
    Last edited by Ruethgar; 2014-01-26 at 12:08 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Animals: The Lithe and the Large

Aw. I was expecting a bunch of animal statblocks. Sad day.

That said, a 33% chance of either slight or powerful build? Would you roll the d100 and then do a coin flip? Why not just leave it to DM discretion?
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).