A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 41 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Two Worlds Collide IC

When the call came out that the venerable Ingosh Silverclaws was assembling the Northern Grand Meet a year early, many of the elders were surprised. The old bear was a staunch traditionalist, and that went doubly so when it came to the Gatherings; the last time he had called it early was the Great Gathering of 69. Nonetheless, you have all answered the call for whatever reasons may drive you and am now at the assembly place, on the afternoon of the first day.

It will still be several hours before the festivities begin, but many of the guests have already arrived; Lunars from all over the North, most of whom you know by name or reputation, and even, curiously, from other directions. A copper-skinned man with feathers in his hair and a scowl on his face, a laughing woman with long green hair and bracers in the form of coiling serpents, and most notably of all, the great elder Tamuz and his retinue. What could be happening that would make him travel this far?

Whatever it is, for now it is time to enjoy yourselves; for it is the first Grand Meet you’ve attended and if the situation is truly important it is likely it will be explained once the fun is over.
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you to Ceika for the signature and avatar.

Read Sons of the Fallen here

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Two Worlds Collide IC

Alier stands along the wall as he eats and drinks. His eyes, weathered by northern winds, scan the crowd as he takes in the faces and joys of the people to take back as motivation on the lines against the wyld.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

"...and they say even Tammuz will be there."

Epilogue stared blankly at the Lunar talking to her.

"Look, it hasn't happened in centuries. It's a really important occasion, and the elders have summoned us."

Blank stare.

"Look, can't you come? They're kind of our bosses, you know. Our leaders. They might be upset if you don't show."

Blank stare.

"Please? You'll get into trouble."

Finally she spoke. "Village a mile east is attacked by goblins. Need me to defend them."

The other sighed. "Okay, look, I'll send some of my people to protect them, all right? Just... Show up. Make an effort."

She shrugged.

So there she was. Epilogue was not "dressed for the occasion," and she felt like a stranger in her own lands. She wore old, faded leathers, and had attached a few crow feathers to her ears. Only the enormous sword strapped to her back showed that she had some importance, and only the glowing silver motifs on her limbs and chest advertised her Lunar nature.

She stared around at the gathering, puzzled. Most of these people she'd never meet. The elders she'd heard about, but... The idea of so many powerful people gathered in a single place boggled the mind.

And it kept her from her work, so she was not in a good mood. The festivies annoyed her as well; she was here to receive some unwanted information and go back to her task, not to have fun. She had her own ways of having fun which this place was ill-suited to.

The Full Moon sighed, then unstrapped her sword and planted it in the ground, using it as a support as she just stood there and waited, her mood now a solid mix of boredom and frustration.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Tempest was more than happy to partake in the drink, watch the various combats, both ritualistic and simply drunken, but he wasn't the best at being friendly company and he knew that - he kept conversation with most of his kin short, trying to glean bits of information, rumors about what may be going on that caused this Meet to be called a year early, opinions about elders, mentors, and younger Lunars, and various other tidbits either obviously unimportant or possibly so, from his kin.

This was important for him to do for personal reasons. He was pretty much an unknown among Lunars, having completed his trials and parted ways with his mentor almost before word would get out that there was even a new Lunar in Haslanti lands, and learning about traditions in a place those traditions were free to be let loose was quite a learning exercise. If it weren't for that, he may have just decided to not go at all; he didn't relish mooring his boat anywhere, much less leaving his crew behind to attend.
    There was something here and in the avatar box, and there will eventually be again. I just need to figure out what I want...

5. - Top - End - #5

"Epilogue. You look exactly as lovely as ever."

A tall, thin man approaches the Full Moon, carrying a wineskin and leaning on a bamboo staff. He has the look of a shaman about him; his heavy white travel cloak is sewn with feathers, his white hair is threaded with amber beads, and his fingers bear copper and iron rings. His chest and feet are bare, but he is apparently untroubled by the chill.

He takes a swig of his drink. "Honestly, I don't know why we bother with these meetings. There are few enough of us that we could just send news by sorcery and avoid all this appalling noise and spectacle. Wine's good, though." He offers her the wineskin.
    Last edited by Crumplepunch; 2014-01-26 at 03:45 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

Zombie

The Lunar's eyes brighten as she sees the approach of one she knows well, and she smiles at his approach. "Brother," she greets him simply, with a nod. She shifts her stance on the heavy blade that serves as her support, resting on its guard with one elbow while accepting the wineskin. After one gulp, she frowns, considering Andred's words; he does raise a fair point, which warrants thinking. This lasts a few silent moment.

"Proud people," she says, waving the jug at the rest of the gathering, then taking another sip. She takes a few moments to savor the wine, then adds: "Afraid of dependency."

Not all Lunars can learn sorcery, and sorcerous communication would grant a portion of their numbers considerable power in swaying the course of the Host's actions as a whole.

7. - Top - End - #7

"Mm, I suppose. You know what I mean, though. There has to be a better way to spread news than this. Runners. Prayer Fires. Trained pigeons."

He gestures towards the revelry. "Honestly, look at this. Did you hear that Tammuz is here? His domain is in the South! He didn't come thousands of miles for rock-throwing contests and icewine."

8. - Top - End - #8

Zombie

Post Re: Two Worlds Collide IC

She nods slowly. The Lunar are a people on the edge, pushed to the borders of the world. They adapt; they have tricks, ways of getting things done - thaumaturgy, minor magics, or simple practical techniques. This is too slow and bothersome.

Maybe that's the point. They're not really a "people," they are a mere few hundreds of individuals scattered all over the world. "They want to make strangers into a family," she comments, peering across the crowd at one of the elders. It's obvious who "they" are.

She shakes her head. "This time has to be important." The intonation is odd, the statement more of a question raised. She doesn't know why this meeting matters so much. She raises an eyebrow at Andred, interrogative.
    Last edited by Mechanix; 2014-01-26 at 04:35 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9

Andred shrugs. "Don't look at me like that. Nobody tells me anything. I avoid these things if I can, but master Osprey was most insistent."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

As the Shaman and the Warrior converse a little slapstick pantomime plays out behind them. A pair of silver covered tamarin are silently having a rather forceful argument. Judging from their gesticulations there is a disagreement over which of the two should try to grab the wine skin. After a brisk back and forth the darker of the two monkies hangs his head. With a mock weariness he stretches and rolls his shoulders. Then suddenly beset by frantic speed he charges at the wine, flinging himself into the air, seemingly to catch the skin with a full bodied tackle.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not rolling. Just seemed like a fun way to join in.
    Chaotic Evil Orc Barbarian as my character of choice since 2002.
    Current Josiah, God of Decay Avatar by Akrim.elf
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Black Blur ™ By kpenguin Full Orc Barbarian By Qwernt
    PBP

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

A bat flies across the sun, casting a blue-edged shadow on the ice. It tucks inward, falls like a small dark stone, snaps its wings out to land. Becomes a woman in the last moment, stepping down from the air onto the snow with a silvery crunch as the sharp blue-ice edges of her wings shiver and shatter and melt back into her shoulders.

She is young, and does not draw the eye, especially amid this dazzling and terrifying company. Windblown dark hair, cut short. Smooth brown skin, unweathered by the sun. Dark eyes, watchful and not bothering to hide that watchfulness. A smile half cynical and half openly curious. Stocky, especially in her bulky garb. She is dressed in sturdy wool and leather, the thick fur greatcoat she wears not concealing the glimmer of flowing moonlight and the shape of the heavy breastplate beneath. The silver lines carved into the skin of her face are sharp and jagged, reminiscent of teeth or lightning.

She does not move with the fluid, dangerous grace of many of the others present, the elegant arrogant stride that shouts predator. As she makes her way across the snow toward the thickest crowds, her boots sink heavily into the mud and snow, and she nearly stumbles once or twice. But she does not fall, and a close observer might notice that while she is not graceful, there is nothing wasted in her movements.

She pauses, watching the small group of other young Lunars. Or young-seeming, anyway. Hard to tell, but there seems something different about the Elders, beyond the elaborate panoplies many of them bear.

She doesn't recognize the animal shapes of the two playing behind them. She does recognize the obvious intent, and so steps in to deflect the flying... simian? from the shaman's wineskin as it leaps, with one outstretched, hide-gloved hand.

"That's not very polite, is it?" she drawls with a smile, in Haslanti-accented Skytongue, in a voice like a fluting snarl.
    Last edited by Ifni; 2014-01-27 at 01:30 PM.
    Current PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

12. - Top - End - #12

Zombie

Epilogue's eyes widen as she sees the monkey jump in her face, then she blinks in surprise as it is interrupted. She looks around, somewhat confused, then grins. With a look at her brother to check that it's all right, she tosses the wineskin at the tamarin. After all, there's plenty of wine to go around; no need to be stingy. Still smiling, she offers her hand to the dark-skinned newcommer. "Epilogue," she says as her only introduction.
    Last edited by Mechanix; 2014-01-27 at 02:06 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Firbolg in the Playground

"You know, you don't have to bring them to me. They'll get here just fine on their own." Tinia retrieves the terrified messenger pigeon from her mospid's claws to see what it has to say.
    Whisper remains terribly proud of himself.

"A Great Gathering of all the Lunars in the north? Why?" "We should go."

"It's just going to be a bunch of foolish games and stories and people trying to recruit me to fight the raksha again."
    "It'll help you. There's sure to be at least 50 of you there, and look, an Elder and his band is even coming from the bottom of the world."

"I guess it won't be that much of a waste of time."

So it is that a pair of little white-scaled birds arrive at the gathering, spiraling about in a race to be first. The on in the lead falters upon seeing just how many obvious Lunars are here, flaring her wings and solidifying into a girl in a puff of feathers, with the other bird perched on her wrist. Wearing the same leathers, wolf-pelt, and necklace of teeth as always, she's solidly built and might be graceful if she weren't so timid and afraid of the others at the gathering. Only on the pale skin of her face are her moonsilver tattoos visible, sunbursts and long, branching lines flowing down to her neck.

Catching sight of the copper-skinned man scowling at the assembly, assuming a fellow bird-totem, Tinia walks carefully over to him. "Brighten up. There's supposed to be celebration to start, right?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #14

A pair of ice-skinned warriors pop into existence behind Andred, hefting blue jade weapons threateningly. Their feather-strewn bodies crackle with electricity. "No, no, calm down, I'm in no danger." says Andred in Old Realm. They exchange disappointed glances. "I'm sure there will be a brawl later. Go on, now." The elementals dematerialize as suddenly as they appeared.

He sighs theatrically. "Yes, that's me, friend to all animals. Particularly monkeys who steal my things. I am Andred, called Sage Under Heaven by some."
    Last edited by Crumplepunch; 2014-01-27 at 02:07 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Frost," the other Full Moon replies, shaking Epilogue's hand firmly, albeit with a slight quirk to her lips. "I suppose that seems a little unoriginal given our surroundings, but ah well. And hello, Andred Sage-Under-Heaven. I have not seen... monkeys? like this, before. Are they a southern creature?"
    Current PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

The Monkey grins at Epilogue and takes a swig of the wine. With a small burp he begins shifting, stopping when Frost is holding a handsome young man by the edge of his collar.
    "Matthias. Peleps Matthias Offendson. Names are fun! And lengthy apparently. I feel overly nomenclatured."
    As his fellow Tamarin scampers up Matthias passes off the wineskin. The lighter monkey shakes its head at the antics and takes a relatively restrained sip.
    "That would be Fokuf."
    Spoiler
    Show
    PBP

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

The strange "flying" creatures and ice elementals easily caught Tempest's eye from a dozen meters away, and so he decided to turn his attention away from a conversation he was listening to nearby in order to make his way over to the four talking, reaching them in time to filter Frost's name and voice through through the crowd, followed by Matthias. With a light chuckle, he added, with a somewhat awkward tone, "Sometimes I wonder just where the people of creation got the bright idea to give out names longer than some books. I'm called Tempest, and in Icehome they add 'the Raining Fury' to the end of that -- What was that creature that flew through the air over here?"

Honestly, he just wanted his question answered, and the look on his face showed the curiosity he held was far more important than his name or even necessarily the company he kept.
    Last edited by Ilorin Lorati; 2014-01-27 at 09:46 PM.
    There was something here and in the avatar box, and there will eventually be again. I just need to figure out what I want...

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

Frost gives Tempest an appraising look, slightly puzzled - I know you, I'm sure of it, but from where? - and then her eyes widen, as Peleps Matthias Offendson registers.

"If you mean that creature, Tempest -" she points at Fokuf, "Andred named it a monkey." She turns slowly to the monkey-Lunar. "But, so, Peleps Matthias Offendson. I believe I have heard that name. You sail an air-boat, correct?"

As she says air-boat the association finally clicks, and she glances quickly back at Tempest to confirm. Yes, she remembers a young crewman, showing her proudly around his ship. (She'd known the layout already, but she'd indulged his enthusiasm.) And some time later, the same youth staring skyward as they took off, utter longing in his eyes, after he was grounded for recording classified information.

He's older now, and the moonsilver tattoos mark his nature as surely as her own. Another Haslanti, and as best as she knows there were no charges of disloyalty against him. An ally, possibly...

Especially if they have to deal with a former Dynast who's stolen a League airship.
    Last edited by Ifni; 2014-01-28 at 03:21 AM.
    Current PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darian Redrath View Post
    Alier stands along the wall as he eats and drinks. His eyes, weathered by northern winds, scan the crowd as he takes in the faces and joys of the people to take back as motivation on the lines against the wyld.
    A familiar face catches sight of him and pushes its way through the crowd, as the rather appropriately named Bjorn Sigurdson gives him a tooth-rattling slap on the back. A fellow Icewalker and member of the Swords of Luna, the two are, if not exactly friends, at least acquaintances. "Cheer up you old lump! There's no need to be on duty here, so defrost yourself a little and come drink with me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Catching sight of the copper-skinned man scowling at the assembly, assuming a fellow bird-totem, Tinia walks carefully over to him. "Brighten up. There's supposed to be celebration to start, right?"
    The scowl lifts somewhat. "Sure, but its still freezing cold and if someone being here was truly important Leviathan could have gone himself. I don't know any of these people, my culinary tastes run to fruit and nuts with the occasional well-seasoned fish rather than half-charred venison and noxious beer, and I'm not even a diplomat! As far as I can figure, I got shipped off to the armpit of Creation because I didn't have the pull to get out of it and happened to be a bird-totem."

As you socialize, the older Lunars begin to pull away from the crowd and head for a secluded grove away from the main assembly; Tamuz had barely even bothered with the pleasantries before doing so. Wherever they are going, they'd best do it fast; Ingosh is about to open the Meet and food is already being brought out by the Elkman servants.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20

Zombie

Epilogue rolls her eyes at the mention of Andred's nickname - though she wouldn't call him out on it, given her own - and chuckles at the mention of "Fokuf" being the name of the monkey; she crouches in front of the little tamarin, patting it on the head. "Cute." She takes advantage of this to take a hold of the wineskin, winking at the monkey, and takes another sip of wine. "Flier was a shard bat," she says helpfully.

Then she frowns as she hears mention of air ships, and points at Matthias. "Haslanti?" She offers him the wineskin, smiling, and points at herself and Andred. "Haslanti." And then she frowns again. "But your name's Imperial."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Matthias nods to Epilogue's accusation. As he tries to shimmy his way out of Frost's grip his tail plucks a flask from his pocket. He offers the flask about quickly and uses his hands to adjust his collar with his hands.
    "It is a decidedly imperial name. The boat is stolen. Nice enough, although a good deal more dented then when I took it. Turns out it takes more then a pair of monkeys to sail even one of the smaller ships."
    Spoiler
    Show
    PBP

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Tempest grinned with a knowing gleam at Matthias' commentary about piloting an air boat. "Never take a boat without knowing you can pilot it, I suppose is the lesson to be learned here? Who'd you steal it from?"

While he seemed genuinely curious at the question asked of Matthias, something else quickly caught his eye as he continued trying to figure out the social aspect of this meet and see what he could gather about being a Lunar. He quickly took note of the older Lunars and the direction they were moving, nodding in that direction and almost immediately changing the subject: "It looks like they're off somewhere quickly. I wonder what's going on?"

23. - Top - End - #23
    Firbolg in the Playground

"He can't be every place that's important. They do think like that. 'Let's tell them right at the last minute to go halfway across creation. Don't worry, she can fly there.'" Tinia shakes her head; this man is far too civilized. Or maybe petty complaints are his way of coping?
    "What do you say we go see what the elders are up to?"
    Before waiting for an answer, she's off in the general direction of the grove.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

Frost glances at Epilogue and Andred in mild surprise, smiles and opens one hand. "Haslanti, also. As is Tempest, I believe..."

She frowns slightly at the other Lunar's quick changes of topic. But perhaps that's intentional: if they do need to reclaim the stolen air boat, better not to warn the target. And the Grandmothers would probably advise her to learn more about the situation first - best not to pick a fight until she knows her ground. But three other Haslanti, one an experienced pilot, seems like a good start.

"No idea what's going on. We could follow, if you like. Although I have no idea how they'd react to eavesdropping; do any of you know the etiquette?" She shrugs, seeming a little annoyed - at herself, mostly. "I'm new to this."

Still, she begins walking in the direction of the grove; easy enough to veer off toward the food tables if she so decides.
    Current PCs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

"They're members of the pact, we're members of the pact. If they didn't want us to listen in, then they shouldn't have invited us."Matthias nods to Fokuf and the monkey tears off in the oppisite direction, going to watch over the ship. As the monkey runs he falls into step behind Frost.
    "There's my affairs sorted. Who else's up for listening at the feet of our elders?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    PBP

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alier grins and grips Bjorn's forearm. Well met, Bjorn the bested! Alier chuckles as he and Bjorn start to share a wineskin or three and trade insults built up over the last few months. He spots the elders leaving for the grove and makes a note of it just barely in time to parry Bjorn's latest banter.

27. - Top - End - #27

Zombie

So Matthias is a boat thief - but he is also a Lunar. Epilogue sighs, not liking the notion of conflicting loyalties, and puts the thought aside for now; no need to make this evening even more irritating. Following the change of conversation, she nods quickly, and starts walking behind the rest of the group - then to overtake them, as mottled black-and-white feathers creep over her skin and her shape changes into that of an owl, taking off and watching the gathering of elders from above, listening with preternatural hearing.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "He can't be every place that's important. They do think like that. 'Let's tell them right at the last minute to go halfway across creation. Don't worry, she can fly there.'" Tinia shakes her head; this man is far too civilized. Or maybe petty complaints are his way of coping?
    "What do you say we go see what the elders are up to?"
    Before waiting for an answer, she's off in the general direction of the grove.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifni View Post
    Frost glances at Epilogue and Andred in mild surprise, smiles and opens one hand. "Haslanti, also. As is Tempest, I believe..."

She frowns slightly at the other Lunar's quick changes of topic. But perhaps that's intentional: if they do need to reclaim the stolen air boat, better not to warn the target. And the Grandmothers would probably advise her to learn more about the situation first - best not to pick a fight until she knows her ground. But three other Haslanti, one an experienced pilot, seems like a good start.

"No idea what's going on. We could follow, if you like. Although I have no idea how they'd react to eavesdropping; do any of you know the etiquette?" She shrugs, seeming a little annoyed - at herself, mostly. "I'm new to this."

Still, she begins walking in the direction of the grove; easy enough to veer off toward the food tables if she so decides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscurejones View Post
    "They're members of the pact, we're members of the pact. If they didn't want us to listen in, then they shouldn't have invited us."Matthias nods to Fokuf and the monkey tears off in the oppisite direction, going to watch over the ship. As the monkey runs he falls into step behind Frost.
    "There's my affairs sorted. Who else's up for listening at the feet of our elders?"
    Matthias, Frost, Tinia, and the feather-haired man, who introduces himself as Akamai, make for the grove. There doesn’t appear to be any guards; but these are elders, it is entirely possible that the guards are dematerialized spirits or that at least one among their number possesses senses keen enough to detect any intruders. You are all just far enough away to not arouse any suspicion even if detected, as there isn’t anything strictly preventing people from approaching the grove.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanix View Post
    So Matthias is a boat thief - but he is also a Lunar. Epilogue sighs, not liking the notion of conflicting loyalties, and puts the thought aside for now; no need to make this evening even more irritating. Following the change of conversation, she nods quickly, and starts walking behind the rest of the group - then to overtake them, as mottled black-and-white feathers creep over her skin and her shape changes into that of an owl, taking off and watching the gathering of elders from above, listening with preternatural hearing.
    It is still early dusk, so the presence of an owl is somewhat unusual but not unheard of. Nonetheless, there is no immediate response as Epilogue flies overhead. She can see them clustered together around something and can make out sounds, but it is not clear what they are doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian Redrath View Post
    Alier grins and grips Bjorn's forearm. Well met, Bjorn the bested! Alier chuckles as he and Bjorn start to share a wineskin or three and trade insults built up over the last few months. He spots the elders leaving for the grove and makes a note of it just barely in time to parry Bjorn's latest banter.
    “Bested? Ha! How about you back that up in the ring? Loser owes the winner a debt.” It has been some time since the two of you sparred, but it is unlikely Bjorn has changed much; favoring a huge stone maul and some very impressive wrestling skills.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29

Zombie

The owl flies overhead for a few seconds, trying to find the right vantage point; once she thinks she has it, Epilogue folds her wings and swiftly descends into the leaves of the grove, resting on a branch closer to the group. There, she leans forward, trying to make out the object of the elders' interest and the topic of their conversation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dexterity+Stealth: (8d10)[9][4][10][8][7][6][6][2](52) (stunt: (3d10)[9][8][6](23))
    Perception + Awareness + "Enhanced Earing" from owl shape: (9d10)[2][6][5][2][3][6][6][1][9](40) (stunt: (3d10)[9][2][2](13))
    For reference: I add a three-die roll for stunts after each roll I make; the idea is that you simply count from the left how many dice I got as a stunt and disregard the rest. So if I get a 2-die stunt, read the first two die and disregard the last.
    I have no idea how much Dexterity an owl is supposed to have, so consider me to have spent however many motes are necessary on the First Excellency to get back to my normal dice pool.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Tempest follows behind the rest of those walking towards where the Elders are speaking. "I doubt that they'd think well of it, ...Frost you said your name was?" He thought about that name for a moment - didn't he know someone by that name, from years ago? "Don't worry, I'm new to this as well. The only other Lunar that I ever had any contact before tonight was the one who rescued me."

As they walked, Tempest did his best to position himself so that he could see into the grove while they spoke, and maybe, if he were lucky, make out some of the mannerisms and glean some insight into what the Elders were doing without even needing to get close enough to arouse suspicion. He did not, however, let this stop him from talking as he hoped to use the talking to throw off any suspicion that may end up directed at them. "I once knew a woman with your name years ago, and you are very nearly a mirror image of her. I don't suppose you were named after your mother or an aunt, were you?"

Spoiler
    Show

Trying to watch the elders
    Perception + Awareness: (7d10)[9][4][2][7][8][9][6](45)
    Trying to not look conspicuous while doing so
    Wits + Stealth:(8d10)[8][4][5][8][2][5][4][9](45)